As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Lost audio sync on videos and it's driving me nuts.

2»

• Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    I mean, I think just buying a USB soundcard dongle may solve it. It's not a guarantee, but it's like $10 and worth a shot.

LatencyMon also lets you know what drivers are causing the most problems. You might want to check out that list and see if you can disable those drivers or reinstall them.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    I mean, I think just buying a USB soundcard dongle may solve it. It's not a guarantee, but it's like $10 and worth a shot.

LatencyMon also lets you know what drivers are causing the most problems. You might want to check out that list and see if you can disable those drivers or reinstall them.

Latency mon is showing DXGKRNL.sys (DirectX Graphics kernel) as the top driver in "total execution" and by a large margin, would this be a sign that the driver's causing problems?
    s3d2fq502w1f.png

Unsure how to find these drivers, is there a simple way for that?

• Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Might just be the nVidia HD audio driver? You can try removing/disabling that, unless you play sound via HDMI.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    Might just be the nVidia HD audio driver? You can try removing/disabling that, unless you play sound via HDMI.

how do i find specific drivers on my computer to disable/enable/etc them?

• IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/229304/computer-crashes-audio-issues-windows#latest

Just wanted to link this thread, I know the issue is a bit different, but I have not had any problems since I just got the USB headphone jack.

I also still don't completely know what the problem was, but this kept me from having to rebuild my computer to find out.

• TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    Do you have Adblock software installed on your computer and is it running on those streaming sites? A friend of mine had an issue where audio would desync while watching YouTube. After isolating it to his browser, he started disabling plug-ins, and the Adblock one happened to be the culprit (or at least, the interaction between the ads and the adblock was).

Terrendos wrote: »
    Do you have Adblock software installed on your computer and is it running on those streaming sites? A friend of mine had an issue where audio would desync while watching YouTube. After isolating it to his browser, he started disabling plug-ins, and the Adblock one happened to be the culprit (or at least, the interaction between the ads and the adblock was).

Unfortunately it’s not only the browser video that’s affected. It also affects video files.