As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

*loading a shotgun & getting on the rocket ship* moon's haunted (Spelunky 2) - STEAM/PS4

12346»

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    So I beat Tiamat a third time... and finally realized there was a door on the ground and I didn't have to try and go up the death guantlet up the chamber. (Wonder what's up there though.)

So first credits! Though, it was with the third shortcut. (One of my three Tiamat wins was without shortcuts though, just... didn't see the door and so died attempting to ASCEND."

• Options
    ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    facetious wrote: »
    On my 1938th attempt, I finally beat Spelunky 2.
    Tiamat/credits, none of the other bosses (yet).

I confidently assert that I never will.

Since this post I can report that I did actually reach Tiamat once, and probably should have won as I had a sword with which to knock her on the head. But it fell in the water.

This was only after I was shamed by my 8 year old child surpassing my achievements and reaching Neo Babylon by himself

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    I got the Speedlunky achievement yesterday.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    edited January 2021
    I just need eggplant related stuff now. It's annoying because

you have to either pray for a gift and altar level after Olmec (but no later than ice caves), or get one before Olmec and then have a hired help carry the bow to Olmec for you if you want to go CO. 4-2 Tide Pool has a gift box but it's a long way to go and hope for an altar.

Ashcroft on
    ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    ok, did they mess with the colours, because this looks like gold to me, but the tablet says simple gold ankh and nothing happened

c9IEQS5.png

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    that uh doesn't look like gold to me

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Strange way to find out you're color blind.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    I think that's jade.

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    There's a joke to be made here about fake gold turning green.

It's not the first time I've heard of people having issues telling some of the statues apart, though.

• Options
    I already know that I'm colourblind, but I could always tell the gold and jade idols apart before. I think they must have made the jade ones shinier or something and it threw me off. I do remember seeing a patch note about some change to the jade ones a little while ago

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    I have not been able to reach Tiamat since getting Speedlunky. For some reason the game is way easier to me when I'm speedrunning. Right now I'm kind of alternating attempts at reaching
    Cosmic Ocean
    or getting the no-gold win achievement and struggling. I think it's partly just that the more time I faff about, the more likely I am to make mistakes, whereas when speedrunning I've got a much narrower focus.

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    facetious wrote: »
    On my 1938th attempt, I finally beat Spelunky 2.
    Tiamat/credits, none of the other bosses (yet).

I confidently assert that I never will.

Since this post I can report that I did actually reach Tiamat once, and probably should have won as I had a sword with which to knock her on the head. But it fell in the water.

This was only after I was shamed by my 8 year old child surpassing my achievements and reaching Neo Babylon by himself

Tiamat defeated!

• Options
    Jn5h4dYh.png

Fuck you, Spelunky 2

This run also had altars on tide pool 1, 3, and 4, but not on 2 which is where the guaranteed gift box is for eggplant, so I was already salty then this shit happens

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    I have been grinding for a no gold win, it's so annoying how easy it is to get gold by accident.

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    edited February 2021
    Yeah no gold is brutal. I literally had a run die as I was heading to the 6-3 exit because a Lamassu shot a tile, and a single gold chunk bounced out of it right into me

Another one died as I was about 2/3 down the ice caves level, and heard an explosion way up at the top, and like 4 seconds later a gold bar lands on my head

Ashcroft on
    ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    This is technically for HD but a huge new discovery was finally made: how to reach Hell without any items.

Here's the first completed run with the new tech. The first official low% Hell victory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSaDGZuxRLM

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    And now there's an eggplant completion with the new tech, also by Hectique who is probably the best overall player for the whole series right now?

And just to be clear, the tech was revealed yesterday. So he's done these two runs immediately.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfgFmCSIvls

Real strong, facetious.