Options

[TV]Thread: Have you guys seen this new show, Lost? It’s an Anime

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    lost:

i am not okay with
    the assassination of shannon by the coward michelle rodriguez

not even a little bit.

Rorshach Kringle on
    6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    My god

how deep does the 27 dicks conspiracy go

sig.gif
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    there's got to be at least 27 jokes there somewhere

• Options
    Dylan would OWN UP to it if he did it

'cause that shit's FUNNY

sig.gif
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    lost:

i am not okay with
    the assination of shannon by the coward michelle rodriguez

not even a little bit.

Ana Lucia is the WOOOOOOORST

• Options
    lost:

i am not okay with

not even a little bit.

michelle rodriguez was great when she was throwing rocks at sawyer and punching sawyer and shit talking sawyer

but this was unforgivable

shannon! the hero of the show!!!

i will never get over this loss

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    lost:

i am not okay with

not even a little bit.

michelle rodriguez was great when she was throwing rocks at sawyer and punching sawyer and shit talking sawyer

but this was unforgivable

shannon! the hero of the show!!!

i will never get over this loss

This was the first time we used voice chat to discuss the episode as it went on

Folks, I got to experience this reaction live (and also laugh in shock because this is my first time through the series)
    I should have seen this coming given that the whole show has been very mean to Shannon, but Walt leading Shannon to her Shining-Inspired Death was not something I expected

The structure of the episode being so similar to the others where the flashbacks instruct you in how they're becoming better people and drawing on their past experiences to change, etc etc, and having there be an emotional breakthrough of learning to accept help and love from other people and not have to keep her guard up and then FUCKIN' WHOOPS

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    Oh hell yes several people watching Lost for the first time here we GO

I miss the old Lost thread

sig.gif
  • Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    The Lost threads are what brought me here so many years ago.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    I only know two future things about Lost - the big twist everyone talks about (but have been informed by @Grey Ghost that my understanding of it was wrong/the context I thought it had was incorrect, so I am eager to see how things actually end) and also that
    Vincent the Dog is always gonna be okay, which I am very grateful GG told me so I can just be constantly amused at Vincent's hilariously bad acting on account of being too happy all the time because he is a lab and he wants to do his job good and get those treats

So I'm very excited to see where this show goes because it's a lot of fun so far as a group watch

Cello on
    Steam
  • Options
    There's an incredible amount of bad-faith arguments from people who dislike Lost that really obscures the actual problems the show had but like

overall I really dug the show the whole way through and even though I didn't LIKE all characters, I at least CARED about just about every one of them.

sig.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    i only know about cast members joining lost and have seen two future scenes completely divorced of context:
    1. hurley, caught with chocolate all over his face in a secret food stash. i think this clip was on the soup?
    2. i accidentally saw a few seconds of the series finale and there was a big rock cork???

so basically blind.

and i am still waiting for bai ling to show up.

e: @cello do not read

Rorshach Kringle on
    6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    I was pretty pleased with how much hung together on rewatch honestly. There's definitely a few dropped plots and weird cul-de-sacs. But those in retrospect feel more like complications in production stuff than LINDELOF AND CUSE DIDN'T KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    It's also weirdly tragic that the only person who really blew out of Lost with a big boosted career was Evangeline Lilly (well, besides Damon Lindelof)

this is a show that gave starring roles to REALLY GOOD character actors but they still never got quite out of that niche

sig.gif
  • Options
    Like why the fuck hasn't there been a swashbuckling adventure movie starring Josh Holloway by now

sig.gif
  • Options
    i have always been a huge terry o'quinn fan, so finally seeing his big role is definitely a treat for me

even if island terry looks nothing like the default terry in my head

kpff50o90ahk.jpg

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    I still want to peek at what the series would have looked like with Michael Keaton as Jack where he gets obliterated by the monster by the end of the pilot

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Terry O'Quinn had a really long career before this and he's another casualty where he really SHOULD be bigger than he is

Another big one is a character you haven't met yet

sig.gif
  • Options
    Gustav wrote: »
    I still want to peek at what the series would have looked like with Michael Keaton as Jack where he gets obliterated by the monster by the end of the pilot

i can't wrap my head around michael keaton as jack

simply because i don't think michael keaton can ever be as unlikeable as matthew fox naturally is

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I was about to say 'Hey, Daniel Dae-Kim came out well, he got that big career-defining role in Hawaii Five-O' as a joke before I remembered how all that ended up

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options

simply because i don't think michael keaton can ever be as unlikeable as matthew fox naturally is

From what I heard, Michael Keaton is kind of an unfriendly person in real life

but no way is he as big a piece of shit as Matthew Fox

sig.gif
  • Options
    JayKaos wrote: »
    I was about to say 'Hey, Daniel Dae-Kim came out well, he got that big career-defining role in Hawaii Five-O' as a joke before I remembered how all that ended up

Daniel Dae Kim is another guy who's been in absolutely everything but never really got a chance to have his face on a show the way he did on Lost.

sig.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2020

The idea if I recall correctly is that you'd get Michael Keaton running around saving everyone on the beach. And he's naturally the hero of the show. Until the monster shows up when they reach the pilot of the plane. And instead of the pilot getting ripped up, it's Jack. And the Pilot effectively fits the Jack role for the following series.

Possible series spoilers

Gustav on
    aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    JayKaos wrote: »

daniel dae kim is ageless and immortal, so he'll be fine

• Options
    edited September 2020

The idea if I recall correctly is that you'd get Michael Keaton running around saving everyone on the beach. And he's naturally the hero of the show. Until the monster shows up when they reach the pilot of the plane. And instead of the pilot getting ripped up, it's Jack. And the Pilot effectively fits the Jack role for the following series.

Though without Matthew Fox we don't get Jack Faces.

At least one Jackface can be pretty much considered a spoiler, beware

Edit: wait, I count three, one of which is an actual spoiler if you're playing really close attention, the other two it would just be a shame to see in image form before you can react to them in context

SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Matthew Fox is really good at being a complete lunatic, which is fortunately a mode they return to with Jack several times

on rewatch I am loving just there are MULTIPLE situations where Jack is so driven by manpain and having to SET OFF to GET THINGS DONE and then someone catches up to him to say "you've been walking in circles for an hour you absolute idiot"

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    oh man, we coulda gotten greg grunberg, j.j. abram's turtle, as the star of lost???

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    i only know about cast members joining lost and have seen two future scenes completely divorced of context:
    1. hurley, caught with chocolate all over his face in a secret food stash. i think this clip was on the soup?
    2. i accidentally saw a few seconds of the series finale and there was a big rock cork???

so basically blind.

and i am still waiting for bai ling to show up.

e: @cello do not read

You can read my spoiler if you want AJ, it doesn't have anything series ending in it

I am studiously not reading what you wrote even though it is technically quoted in this post and I have to stare at the bottom of my phone not to do so

Steam
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Anyways in my grand theory of Lindelof-

The first scene of season 2 is the first real pulse of Lindelof's style coming into fruition

Gustav on
    aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Anyways in my grand theory of Lindelof-

The first scene of season 2 is the first real pulse of Lindelof's style coming into fruition

The Leftovers is an entire series made up of that scene.

sig.gif
  • Options
    It sure is. And hot damn do I love it for it

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    3 shows that I was perfectly happy with how they ended:

1) Seinfeld
    2) Lost
    3) Battlestar Galactica

Is there something wrong with me?

• Options
    3 shows that I was perfectly happy with how they ended:

1) Seinfeld
    2) Lost
    3) Battlestar Galactica

Is there something wrong with me?

Well you're at least very wrong about 3 imo

sig.gif
  • Options
    Pretty much the worst movie/tv fights I've ever gotten into are my defense of the Lost finale. Which is good.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    SimBen wrote: »

At least one Jackface can be pretty much considered a spoiler, beware

Edit: wait, I count three, one of which is an actual spoiler if you're playing really close attention, the other two it would just be a shame to see in image form before you can react to them in context

Oh shit. my cabin internet only loaded half of them at first and thought I was clear. Spoiled original posts. But yeah I think at glance I doubt I got anyone.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    The biggest mistake Lost made was not having Daniel Dae Kim shirtless 24/7

• Options
    replace all shirtless sawyers with shirtless jin imho

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Pretty much the worst movie/tv fights I've ever gotten into are my defense of the Lost finale. Which is good.

i am sure i will get into those fights soon enough

right now it's still my assertion that season two is the best season of twin peaks that causes the static

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    I honestly have NO IDEA how you will feel on the finale

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    replace all shirtless sawyers with shirtless jin imho
    3a3acz52ka1a.jpeg

This discussion has been closed.