[Monster Hunter] Just when I thought I was out they pull me back in. . .

SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgradeRegistered User regular
edited September 17 in Games and Technology
First thing is first:
Voice Comms


Introducing: Monster Hunter Rise




More updates on MH Rise soon to come!



What is Monster Hunter?

Welcome to the game where in the goal is to kill off these guys with some form of pointy or shooty implement.


Monster Hunter is a series about hunting little things, making weapons and armor from the bits of the little things then eventually using those weapons and armor to hunt bigger things. Repeat until the next game in the series comes out.



Old Screenshots

xW2u4XK.png
H97GkCr.png
EK02j0t.jpg
wc2pcjF.png
1e7AVC8.jpg


Game Info and Useful Stuff
Kiranico MH Generations database
Athena's Armor Set Search for all game versions.
GaijinHunter’s MHGEN weapon tutorial playlist. Seriously. Watch these for your weapon
Web Based Armor Skill Simulator for when you can't run Athena's
Handy MH Generations Monster chart.

Want to use a bow in MH Worlrd?

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/38919568/#Comment_38919568



Speaking of playing together. The generic PA password for rooms is
9264

PS4 players:

PS4 Community:

Zenny Arcade: World


PS4 player form

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdi-Jnmhg2p9AhYRRKGkIhcldB_-NPGRLXUWwcqp_xQQdVPPw/viewform?usp=sf_link

Responses:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pWPeaIKQtsqlnO4od07FdLzkdQophfu9ibaQ6kAGvdc/htmlview#gid=626456156

For our Xbox brothers partaking in World:
Darkewolfe wrote: »

[PC] World

Steam info

PC player survey
https://goo.gl/forms/lU5KqDhKIuu7YYDp2

Responses
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kflOmrK0sFcj0iD9NqG5HYwhsjRmSYLvhFuNKFshnEA/edit?usp=sharing

Squad group
PA G&T Adventure Team: https://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791431548925

There isa problem with the PC version. Make sure you have these codecs installed before you get to the final boss or the game will save right before an unwatchable cutscene which will make your game unplayable.


https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/mediafeaturepack

Or

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/web-media-extensions/9n5tdp8vcmhs?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
Seidkona on
«13456711

Posts

  • NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Cats and dogs hunting together, mass hysteria!

    It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
    AegisSeidkonaeMoanderVyolynceBrodyNaphtaliZilla360Lord_AsmodeusLucedes
  • SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited September 17
    Reveal trailer for Rise:


    Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
    FremCalica
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Good to see Arzuros is back. Goofy honey bear is fun.

    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    SeidkonaVyolynceTamerBillLucedes
  • fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    yayaaaaaaaaaaa @Seidkona

    also i hope its only LR and HR

    twitch.tv/frawrst
    J3qcnBP.png
    eMoanderSeidkonaIceBurner
  • eMoandereMoander Registered User regular
    edited September 17
    So it looks like switch only for Rise?

    I'd like it for Xbox as well, but if they aren't going to have cross-save/play (which they probably wouldn't) then one platform is probably fine. I would definitely buy it twice if it supported cross-save though!

    Agreed on LR/HR only; I liked Iceborne well enough, but at some point in MR the fights just become tedious and exhausting rather than fun.

    eMoander on
    Xbox: Travesty 0214 Switch: 3304-2356-9421 Genshin Impact: 605683619
  • jothkijothki Registered User regular
    From what I hear about Iceborne, the problems with MR sound like a combination of the increased player and monster mobility failing to scale well and some very questionable design decisions.

    I decided to skip World entirely, and I haven't seen anything that would convince me that I made the wrong decision. I'm kind of hesitant to jump into Rise blindly as a result.

  • VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    Holding off on HR vs G/MR opinion until I know which skill system this is using. Those of us who didn't want to farm deviants in Gen had to assemble some goddamn clown suits to get decent skill mixes with an HR limit.

    If it's the old system I hope we at least get transmog...

    nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    (Former) Gaming Unplugged columnist and video game reviewer at Snackbar Games
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Vyolynce wrote: »
    Holding off on HR vs G/MR opinion until I know which skill system this is using. Those of us who didn't want to farm deviants in Gen had to assemble some goddamn clown suits to get decent skill mixes with an HR limit.

    If it's the old system I hope we at least get transmog...

    Layered armor is already confirmed

    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    edited September 17
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Vyolynce wrote: »
    Holding off on HR vs G/MR opinion until I know which skill system this is using. Those of us who didn't want to farm deviants in Gen had to assemble some goddamn clown suits to get decent skill mixes with an HR limit.

    If it's the old system I hope we at least get transmog...

    Layered armor is already confirmed

    Oh right I forgot the amiibo unlocks and such.

    Still, though. I haven't experienced the World skill system and am eager to try if that's what's on offer.

    Vyolynce on
    nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    (Former) Gaming Unplugged columnist and video game reviewer at Snackbar Games
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697
  • SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    requesting thread title change to Mosnter Hutner

    5gsowHm.png
  • SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    I'm sure I'll get this since I have a Switch with the online service, like MH, and it comes out just before my birthday :D

  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    It looks like they should have named it Monster Hunter: Shadows Die Twice.

    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

    The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

    Steam: Korvalain
  • SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    Syngyne wrote: »
    requesting thread title change to Mosnter Hutner

    Fixed

    I have a processing disorder.

    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Dr. Phibbs McAtheyDr. Phibbs McAthey Registered User regular
    Welp this is ironic, it’s like I felt it on the air or something, since I’ve recently dived into World headfirst. As much as I have loved the franchise as a whole and stubbornly refused World for a long time, the QOL changes are a big breath of fresh air while still feeling very much like good ol’ Monster Hunter to me, and I am thrilled it looks like many of those are on their way to Switch in the form of Rise.

  • TimFijiTimFiji Registered User regular
    Hunting passion renewed!

    Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148
    Steam: Archpriest
    Streaming games and playing music

    SeidkonaBrody
  • SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    I humbly submit to the band this appeal to get back together.

    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
    fRAWRstVyolynceFremTimFiji
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Yup, I will be day 1 on this of course.

    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    We can grapple the air itself.

    Oh shit, we're PS1 Spider-Man now.

    Niiiice.

  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    We can grapple the air itself.

    Oh shit, we're PS1 Spider-Man now.

    Niiiice.

    No no, we just have a flying beetle to grab onto. Like the non-flying ones in World.

    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Syngyne wrote: »
    requesting thread title change to Mosnter Hutner
    Excuse me, its Meowster Hunter.

    Confirm Prowler Mode, damn you, Capcom.

    FremSyngyneLucedes
  • fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    Seidkona wrote: »
    I humbly submit to the band this appeal to get back together.

    I CANT WAIT

    @Zanshinretsu @flammiebc

    twitch.tv/frawrst
    J3qcnBP.png
    Seidkona
  • fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    imagine all the new great swords!!!!!

    twitch.tv/frawrst
    J3qcnBP.png
    Lucedes
  • Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited September 17
    Haven't played Iceborne yet, so did it fix the problem of the endgame content just being exhaustively hard to the point where grinding monsters feels like a nightmare?

    I mean, I love a hard fight but when it gets to the point where you're starting to flinch at the idea of doing another one after barely getting one done many nerve wracking tries later.

    Dr. Chaos on
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    fRAWRst wrote: »
    imagine all the great new swords!!!!!

    ftfy

    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    fRAWRst
  • Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Is this from the Generations team?

    They tried a lot of fun new stuff in that one, would love to see that sort of experimentation again.

  • SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Haven't played Iceborne yet, so did it fix the problem of the endgame content just being exhaustively hard to the point where grinding monsters feels like a nightmare?

    I mean, I love a hard fight but when it gets to the point where you're starting to flinch at the idea of doing another one after barely getting one done many nerve wracking tries later.

    Iceborne has a way better and satisfying difficulty curve than both MH4 and GU did with G-Rank. There is some very specific "bullshit" content, but those are limited to event quests and don't halt your progress. The main thing is that the content scales to player count, unlike G-Rank stuff being mostly for 4 players.

    Dr. Chaos
  • Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited September 17
    Great Izuchi, my ass.

    Thats Great Jaggi with a fake mustache and glasses.



    Dr. Chaos on
    Lucedes
  • ErlkönigErlkönig Registered User regular
    Satsumomo wrote: »
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Haven't played Iceborne yet, so did it fix the problem of the endgame content just being exhaustively hard to the point where grinding monsters feels like a nightmare?

    I mean, I love a hard fight but when it gets to the point where you're starting to flinch at the idea of doing another one after barely getting one done many nerve wracking tries later.

    Iceborne has a way better and satisfying difficulty curve than both MH4 and GU did with G-Rank. There is some very specific "bullshit" content, but those are limited to event quests and don't halt your progress. The main thing is that the content scales to player count, unlike G-Rank stuff being mostly for 4 players.

    Well, for the most part. 3-person hunting parties are still screwed.

    Also, I remember having a few friends just getting stonewalled by a certain elder dragon in the Iceborne main story that basically caused them to rage-quit for a week or longer.

    | Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    Erlkönig wrote: »
    Satsumomo wrote: »
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Haven't played Iceborne yet, so did it fix the problem of the endgame content just being exhaustively hard to the point where grinding monsters feels like a nightmare?

    I mean, I love a hard fight but when it gets to the point where you're starting to flinch at the idea of doing another one after barely getting one done many nerve wracking tries later.

    Iceborne has a way better and satisfying difficulty curve than both MH4 and GU did with G-Rank. There is some very specific "bullshit" content, but those are limited to event quests and don't halt your progress. The main thing is that the content scales to player count, unlike G-Rank stuff being mostly for 4 players.

    Well, for the most part. 3-person hunting parties are still screwed.

    Also, I remember having a few friends just getting stonewalled by a certain elder dragon in the Iceborne main story that basically caused them to rage-quit for a week or longer.

    I don't know your friends, but a lot of people do not like to hunt a monster multiple times, and try to progress through the story without changing their gear. Iceborne certainly shakes things up a lot by encouraging you to build sets for each fight, and people who refuse to do that usually get stonewalled.

    Frem
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Please, can we have craftable gems and charms?

    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    Satsumomo
  • Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited September 17
    Really not a fan of that talking hunter but it all depends on how its handled.

    Choosing your voice, personality and picking dialog choices would be good.

    Dr. Chaos on
    Lord_AsmodeusPolaritie
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Please, can we have craftable gems and charms?
    did you say non-craftable gems and charms? we got you fam

  • Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Really not a fan of that talking hunter but it all depends on how its handled.

    Choosing your voice, personality and picking dialog choices would be good.

    Based on 0 evidence at all I'm assuming there'll probably be an old school, grunts only, non-voiced option, but I'm sure if there's a decent array of voices it'll be fine. I wonder if they've added some sort of voiced 'ping' system for communication (like an Apex Legends) so the hunters need voices maybe?



  • SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    Our data shows that people did the special decoration farming event quests more than 1000 times in order to get that one gem they haven't seen in 800 hours of game time. This can only mean they loved it, let's do it again!

    FremPolaritieBrodyGONG-00Lucedes
  • VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Please, can we have craftable gems and charms?

    I feel the answer to this question might be tied to my question...

    Craftable gems feels tied to the old threshold skill system, no?

    nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    (Former) Gaming Unplugged columnist and video game reviewer at Snackbar Games
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697
  • ErlkönigErlkönig Registered User regular
    Satsumomo wrote: »
    Erlkönig wrote: »
    Satsumomo wrote: »
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Haven't played Iceborne yet, so did it fix the problem of the endgame content just being exhaustively hard to the point where grinding monsters feels like a nightmare?

    I mean, I love a hard fight but when it gets to the point where you're starting to flinch at the idea of doing another one after barely getting one done many nerve wracking tries later.

    Iceborne has a way better and satisfying difficulty curve than both MH4 and GU did with G-Rank. There is some very specific "bullshit" content, but those are limited to event quests and don't halt your progress. The main thing is that the content scales to player count, unlike G-Rank stuff being mostly for 4 players.

    Well, for the most part. 3-person hunting parties are still screwed.

    Also, I remember having a few friends just getting stonewalled by a certain elder dragon in the Iceborne main story that basically caused them to rage-quit for a week or longer.

    I don't know your friends, but a lot of people do not like to hunt a monster multiple times, and try to progress through the story without changing their gear. Iceborne certainly shakes things up a lot by encouraging you to build sets for each fight, and people who refuse to do that usually get stonewalled.

    The monster I'm talking about is
    Blackveil Hazak

    Like, even if you gear specifically against it, it'll still hit like a truck. However, personally, coming right after that other elder dragon helped because it reinforced the concept of utilizing as much verticality in both attack and evasion with my insect glaive that most of the heavy hitting monster attacks could be avoided. But, judging from all the reactions to how I play IG, it's not likely to be a widely adopted hunting method.

    | Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    Erlkönig wrote: »
    Satsumomo wrote: »
    Erlkönig wrote: »
    Satsumomo wrote: »
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Haven't played Iceborne yet, so did it fix the problem of the endgame content just being exhaustively hard to the point where grinding monsters feels like a nightmare?

    I mean, I love a hard fight but when it gets to the point where you're starting to flinch at the idea of doing another one after barely getting one done many nerve wracking tries later.

    Iceborne has a way better and satisfying difficulty curve than both MH4 and GU did with G-Rank. There is some very specific "bullshit" content, but those are limited to event quests and don't halt your progress. The main thing is that the content scales to player count, unlike G-Rank stuff being mostly for 4 players.

    Well, for the most part. 3-person hunting parties are still screwed.

    Also, I remember having a few friends just getting stonewalled by a certain elder dragon in the Iceborne main story that basically caused them to rage-quit for a week or longer.

    I don't know your friends, but a lot of people do not like to hunt a monster multiple times, and try to progress through the story without changing their gear. Iceborne certainly shakes things up a lot by encouraging you to build sets for each fight, and people who refuse to do that usually get stonewalled.

    The monster I'm talking about is
    Blackveil Hazak

    Like, even if you gear specifically against it, it'll still hit like a truck. However, personally, coming right after that other elder dragon helped because it reinforced the concept of utilizing as much verticality in both attack and evasion with my insect glaive that most of the heavy hitting monster attacks could be avoided. But, judging from all the reactions to how I play IG, it's not likely to be a widely adopted hunting method.
    That fight is actually one of the easiest to counter with proper gear. Just slot in 3 points of divine protection (and of course miasma protection) and suddenly it's like fighting a regular monster. You can even go the extra mile to add health regen/health augments. But yes, judging from my experience doing that fight with randoms, a lot of people don't even bother to slot miasma protection, which is really easy to do. :/

    Lord_AsmodeusFrem
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Vyolynce wrote: »
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Please, can we have craftable gems and charms?

    I feel the answer to this question might be tied to my question...

    Craftable gems feels tied to the old threshold skill system, no?

    It was but it doesn't have to be? Make more tiers of each skill so you can have more ranks of each gem

    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited September 17
    Hunter games are on sale on eshop.

    Annnd that's Generations Ultimate bought and...maybe Stories?

    What do you guys think? Wasn't that big on the demo but kind of want to give it a second chance.

    Dr. Chaos on
  • fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    Stories is a better pokemon than the last 3 pokemon games

    twitch.tv/frawrst
    J3qcnBP.png
    Satsumomo
Sign In or Register to comment.