[D&D 5E] "The Curse"- Villam

18911131426

Posts

  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    zekebeau wrote: »
    I think Alkono can only do one help action a round, and I thought Jack used it for this turn. But also, Arno just wanted to make sure the master tactician of the group knew what was up and could maybe help.

    Jack used it last round, getting a crit. No one used it this round that I can tell. @mrpaku can you declare when each round ends? Makes it simple to know when to post our actions again

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    OOC: You got it. After Urixes takes his turn, and the surviving Kuo Toa act, round 3 ends and round 4 begins.

  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    With the net currently being dealt with by his ally, Urixes maintains his focus on the enemies, hoping to kill them off before they can drag anyone underwater.

    OOC: Third verse same as the first, Eldritch Blast and a tentacle strike against #3.

    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Eldritch Blast
    Geth, roll 1d10+3 for Force Damage
    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Grasp of the Deep
    Geth, roll 1d8 for Lightning Damage

    Eldritch Blast:
    1d20+5 13 [1d20=8]
    Force Damage:
    1d10+3 6 [1d10=3]
    Grasp of the Deep:
    1d20+5 16 [1d20=11]
    Lightning Damage:
    1d8 1 [1d8=1]

  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    ((bah, I was going to have alkono give you advantage again/))
    ((OOC: I didn't want to assume and you hadn't made your move before I had to go to bed! So far my only positive crit has been off your help action, too. :D ))

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    [Koh Tao#3 sways, barely stands on its feet- the slightest hit could take it out!]

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Koh Tao#3 drops his net...in a dying attempt, he bites at Arno!

    Geth roll 1d20+3 for Bite

    Koh Tao#6 goes to take another Bite of Arno!

    Geth roll 1d20+3 for Bite

    Koh Tao#5 goes to take another Bite of Oak!

    Geth roll 1d20+3 for Bite

    Koh Tao#8, trialing blood badly, swims into the Shallows just West of Irah, goes under briefly...and then emerges to Bite!

    Geth roll 1d20+3 for Bite

    Bite:
    1d20+3 8 [1d20=5]
    Bite:
    1d20+3 5 [1d20=2]
    Bite:
    1d20+3 13 [1d20=10]
    Bite:
    1d20+3 8 [1d20=5]

  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    ((the wompwomp noise is every single fishman missing.))

    Irah laughs and laughs and laughs and then springs for the nearest fishman and brings her anchor down on it.

    Alkono meanwhile waits for Jack to pick a target, and then buzzes it to distract it

    Geth roll 1d20+5
    Geth roll 1d20+5
    Geth roll 2d6+5

    1d20+5 9 [1d20=4]
    1d20+5 6 [1d20=1]
    2d6+5 9 [2d6=2, 2]

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited October 10
    [Only Fishman to get even close was the one bothering Oak. Odd footprints appear in the sand, headed to the Long Boat. Round Four begins!]

    mrpaku on
  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    Seeing the Koh Tao that had netted the gentleman drop his prize he turns his attention back to the one nibbling on Irah, "Quit it, you!" The four-eyed bird gentle nudges his elbow as he's about to fire, adjusting his aim.

    Geth, roll 1d20+6 for Longbow shot at Koa Toa #8
    Geth, roll 1d20+6 for Longbow shot Advantage
    Geth, roll 1d8+3 Longbow damage

    He eyes the sand footprints suspiciously, "Remind me, can fishmen turn invisible?"

    Longbow shot at Koa Toa #8:
    1d20+6 9 [1d20=3]
    Longbow shot Advantage:
    1d20+6 21 [1d20=15]
    Longbow damage:
    1d8+3 4 [1d8=1]

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    [Koh Tao#8 takes an arrow straight between the eyes, sinks beneath the waves...]

  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    ((Womp womp also on irah's missing. Even advantage cannot overcome those terrible rolls)

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
    mrpaku
  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    ((OOC: That birb has saved my shot every time! :) ))

  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Glal wrote: »
    ((OOC: That birb has saved my shot every time! :) ))

    ((This is the secret power of having an Owl familiar. Free help action that can fly and disengage. Thankfully Alkono hasnt been shot down yet. also, if they ARE shot down, i sitll have enough gold for four more summons! then i start robbing partym embers)

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
    Glal
  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    edited October 10
    Leaving the injured koh tao to be finished off by his summoned tentacle, Urixes turns his attention to the netted captive. "You said you love the ocean," he says as he works to untangle what remains of the net, "but perhaps take a boat next time."

    OOC: I'd like to use my action to take care of the rest of the net, if that's alright. I have a dagger I can use to cut through that last HP. Let me know if it needs a roll. Meanwhile I'll use my bonus action to attack #3 again with the tentacle.

    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Grasp of the Deep
    Geth, roll 1d8 for Lightning Damage

    Edit: FFS geth come on

    Grasp of the Deep:
    1d20+5 6 [1d20=1]
    Lightning Damage:
    1d8 1 [1d8=1]

    Denada on
  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    "oh, don't worry, that's my invisible new friend. Good to know it wasn't just a voice in my head, that gets too confusing."

    Geth roll 1d20+4 scimitar on #3

    Geth roll 1d6+2 damage

    #3:
    1d20+4 17 [1d20=13]
    damage:
    1d6+2 4 [1d6=2]

  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    ((OOC: My luck is spreading. I am patient zero))

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    edited October 10
    More fishthings bite at Oak, puny creatures that must be squished. But, as his anger boils over, he sees that they are in their boat. That angers Oak more, that these things would even think of possibly sabotaging their ride. They should fight honorably and die the same way!

    Oak takes a step onto the longboat, deciding that he'll fight these fish from it's inside, and any who dare to come to it will find his sword waiting.

    OOC:Moving SE, which I think puts me in the end of the longboat but still by #5.

    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Hitting #5
    Geth, roll 1d8+5 for Dmg

    Hitting #5:
    1d20+5 9 [1d20=4]
    Dmg:
    1d8+5 7 [1d8=2]

    AustinP0027 on
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    [Koh Tao#3 has a scimitar driven through it's chest, falls over with a wet gurgle...]

  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    edited October 10
    ((OOC: I believe this is the current situation, sometimes it's hard to parse fluff from mechanics))
    046fhjbtb2b9.jpg

    Glal on
    mrpaku
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited October 10
    Upon their death, Koh Tao#3 dropped their Net, which split open... revealing nothing inside!

    Koh Tao#2, snagged in his own line last turn, swims over the corpses of his comrades to the space just SW of Irah...and Bites at Irah!

    Geth roll 1d20+3 for Bite

    Koh Tao#6 continues their attempted mauling of Arno with another Bite!

    Geth roll 1d20+3 Bite

    Koh Tao#5 follows Oak as he clambers up onto the boat, moving SE...and attempting to Bite Oak over the side!

    Geth roll 1d20+3 for Bite

    Bite:
    1d20+3 23 [1d20=20]
    Bite:
    1d20+3 13 [1d20=10]
    Bite:
    1d20+3 10 [1d20=7]

    mrpaku on
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Geth roll 1d4+1 for "This One Tastes Funny"

    "This One Tastes Funny":
    1d4+1 5 [1d4=4]

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited October 10
    [Oak, the Gentleman has suddenly appeared, lying in the space just to your NE inside the Long Boat. Round Five begins! Three Enemies remain!]

    mrpaku on
  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    "Right, three left, let's clean up before more arrive... WILL YOU STOP NIBBLING ON IRAH ALREADY!" With a frustrated grunt he fires a shot at #2, now instinctively trusting the bird to guide his hand.

    Geth, roll 1d20+6 for Longbow shot at Koa Toa #2
    Geth, roll 1d20+6 for Longbow shot Advantage
    Geth, roll 1d8+3 Longbow damage

    Longbow shot at Koa Toa #2:
    1d20+6 9 [1d20=3]
    Longbow shot Advantage:
    1d20+6 18 [1d20=12]
    Longbow damage:
    1d8+3 10 [1d8=7]

  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    ((OOC: Maybe I should invest in a bird))

    The Zombie Penguin
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    [Koh Tao#2 falls face-first in the sand at Irah's feet, it's head still snapping in a death reflex]

  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    ((no, no the fact that it bit me is good as it keeps my rage up. Also thanks to resistance, I've lost a grand total of 4 hp. I'm lightly tousled, have some pink marks on my skin, and I'm not even bleeding. It's not even a 6th of my hp yet!))

    Irah barely even notices the fish bite her - is that really all they can manage? Weaklings - and add it falls she's already bounding across the sand, anchor describing an arc as she runs and smashes it into whatevers closest.

    Geth roll 1d20+5
    Geth roll 1d20+5
    Geth roll 2d6+5

    ((Irah has moved to attack the closest remaining fishyboi, Alkono is busy teaching Jack how to bow))

    1d20+5 15 [1d20=10]
    1d20+5 17 [1d20=12]
    2d6+5 11 [2d6=1, 5]

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    [Irah bounds three spaces south towards Fishy#5 (who is currently in the Shallows just off the Long Boat), hand over hand swinging her anchor...sinks it *fully* into the creature's shoulder. As she wrenchs her weapon free, a meaty chunk of the Koh Tao leaves with it]

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Oak roars as he swings down. He notices motion in the bit and turns to swing, and halts himself just in time to stop from skewering the man who suddenly appeared. "Not a Fish!" He yells as he pivots again, swinging down on the nearest fish.

    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Hitting #5
    Geth, roll 1d8+5 for Dmg

    Hitting #5:
    1d20+5 24 [1d20=19]
    Dmg:
    1d8+5 11 [1d8=6]

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited October 10
    [Koh Tao #5 takes a deep cut from the Longsword several inches right into it's neck...it sinks down harmlessly into the Shallows...]

    mrpaku on
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited October 11
    [From off in the distance, you hear the sound of the Warning Horn once again emerge from The Whispered Curse...]

    Geth roll 1d20+3 for "Meanwhile, Aboard The Curse..."

    "Meanwhile, Aboard The Curse...":
    1d20+3 23 [1d20=20]

    mrpaku on
  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    "Is that all of them? If so, we can leave my island now. I think the Curse misses us."

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    [Koa Tao #6 stands in the Shallows to the direct East of Arno. It is the last standing Fishman. Once it is handled, you guys will get Experience, can all do a quick after-battle scavenge (if you'd like!) and will be returning in the Long Boat with the Gentleman to the Curse. On the way back, after a brief monologue from the Gentleman, everyone will have time to ask the Gentleman exactly *one* question (if they would like]

  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    "Not all of them!" Irah laughs, and then bounds at the last remaining one, burying her anchor in it.

    Geth roll 1d20+5
    Geth roll 1d20+5
    Geth roll 2d6+5

    1d20+5 16 [1d20=11]
    1d20+5 11 [1d20=6]
    2d6+5 10 [2d6=2, 3]

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    OOC: It remains Urixes and Arno's turn

  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    ((Clearly i've ascended to time travel! That or i'm predicting they'll miss and need me to finsih it off, take your pick))

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    Urixes grunts in the direction of the last koh toa.

    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Eldritch Blast
    Geth, roll 1d10+3 for Force Damage
    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Grasp of the Deep
    Geth, roll 1d8 for Lightning Damage

    Eldritch Blast:
    1d20+5 16 [1d20=11]
    Force Damage:
    1d10+3 8 [1d10=5]
    Grasp of the Deep:
    1d20+5 13 [1d20=8]
    Lightning Damage:
    1d8 8 [1d8=8]

  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    "oh, there it is"

    Geth roll 1d20+4

    Geth roll 1d6+2

    1d20+4 24 [1d20=20]
    1d6+2 4 [1d6=2]

  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    Geth roll 1d6+2 critical

    critical:
    1d6+2 4 [1d6=2]

  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    Jack looks around, eyes scanning the waves for any other movement. No, nothing? "I think that's all of them! Thanks Alkono." He fishes the last of his jerky snacks out of his pockets and feeds them to the bird, completely oblivious that the gentleman is likely starving at this point.

    He walks over to one of the dead Koh Tao and nudges it with his foot, "Waste not, want not!" He starts picking over the corpse for trinkets, then moves on to the next when he's satisfied. Jack wants prizes! "Hey, is it bad form to eat fishmen? We could haul one of them back with us. Do they fall under fish or under man?" The inner wolf just sees food, but People have hangups.

    When passing the gentleman Jack surreptitiously sniffs him, suspicious that a human can a) turn invisible and b) just be in the middle of the ocean alive.

    ((OOC: Trying to determine if he's human. I'd guess even in his human form he'd retain some wolf senses with respect to smell, or at least know what to smell for))

    mrpaku
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    [Koh Tao #6 *falls* under the collective onslaught of Urixes and Arno!]

    [The battle is over! Everyone gains 100 experience. Everyone recovers 1/2 of their spent ammo. In addition, everyone may recover (2) crude javelins and 25 GP (in crude gold jewelry with fish inconogrpahy). In the distance, you hear shouts coming from The Whispered Curse. You board the boat with the Gentleman and begin to row back...]

Sign In or Register to comment.