[D&D 5E] "The Curse"- Villam

1141517192026

Posts

  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    ruh-ro. And no inspriration left :bigfrown:

  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    ((OOC: That's what you get for bringing Jack along!))

  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    I can't just leave you in the car, I'll get in trouble.

    AustinP0027mrpakuGlal
  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    ((OOC: A werewolf is for life, not just the full moon))

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    OOC:
    Hey everybody! I have not dropped off the face of the earth, and I apologize for the delay in the game. You might remember I mentioned my partner just got sick. Well, she started treatment Thursday. We were assuming that there would be some sort of an adjustment period, a gradual shift in terms of coping with the treatment, but NOPE, hit her like a *fucking* truck less than twenty-four hours later. This naturally threw our boys off in unpredictable ways, who subsequently have needed A LOT more attention this weekend, and the whole thing just sort of snowballed. We’ve spent the past few days working to set up a new normal, basically (and I cleaned this place until my hands bled and my forearms cramped up, because coping skills!).

    *Nothing is happening to the game*, and it’s not going away- it’s one of my very few escapes, and we had just got to the part where I can take a bigger backseat role and you guys can do more between just the four of you. What it does mean is I may occasionally need to tap out for a day or so, as balancing my wife getting better and giving my kids the attention they need occasionally jumps into sudden and immediate priority at unpredictable times given the new circumstances. This also means I’ll be trying to overcompensate for you guys in other ways to make up for it, when I am available and good to play: more Lore drops, more Maps, and I’m hoping more occasional coordination so we can set up group encounters and conversations like the one you all just had! (Oddly enough, school/work days may become much more productive, as me and my kid’s seem to have reached an accord on schoolwork that might allow me to do a lot more during the day).

    I appreciate all of your patience in this manner. I’ve spoken to each of you individually and you’ve all been very cool and understanding. This also, I'm hoping you understand, isn’t the kind of thing I want to pop in with a depressing update in thread every time something occurs: if you guys are anything like me, you’re playing in part to get away from awful real world shit. Thank you all again! Gonna give the party’s last exchange another once over, then I will update for the Shaman’s Summer Home. Depending on tonight, there may be a lore drop (via the Shaman) as well!

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited October 26
    [HOME OF THE SHAMAN LIZARDS, VUUROT AND DUX]

    This hut belongs to the lizard shaman couple, Vuurot (the forest green male) and Dux (the yellowish female). And just now as Vuurot huffs wetly and angrily through his nostrils, Arno *quickly* realizes he did not like the answer you just gave.

    “Thissss? They DARE to ssssend you with thissss?” Vuurot inspects the tooth, rolls it over in his fingers…then sends it skipping angrily back across the table towards Arno. “…they resssspect our traditions, but not ussss. They call in favorsssss, but *sssspit* on the true believersssss. They hate, HATE their *own*…but give sssuch a token to a sssstranger…..a pirate and an outssssider!” Vuurot gives a disgusting noise from his throat, and spits on the ground next to Arno’s foot. He gets up now and angrily stomps away from Arno, as Dux subtly sneaks in behind him to take his seat.

    “…I musssst apolgizze for him. He hassss let hissss hatred conssssume him, thesssse years. There is a rift, you ssseeee...between ussss inssssside, and ussss outsssside…..”

    THE TWILIGHT EXPANSE-LIZARDFOLD DIVIDE

    Most Lizardfolk possess a natural respect and affinity for the Expanse, in a…*strange* way. It is considered a sort of Holy Ground to them: Lizardfolk possess shorter lives than Humans (60 is “retirement” age; 80 is *obscenely* old) and during that time period, *most* Lizardfolk make a pilgrimage to the Twilight Expanse at exactly one point in their lives. The majority only come as far as this island of Villam, where they meditate in the shade of the North Claw for reasons that aren’t gone into with Dux just now. A brave few lizardfolk make the journey further inside the Elwood to the OOC: (not even gonna try to do this in Lizardfolk speak-It is called the Sötét Csillogás (pronounced: Zee-yo-tay Zil-o-gauss). It means “Dark Glen”. Hungarian, as I’ve been led to understand it, lends itself to the “S” sound.) Few lizards return from the quest to the “Dark Glen”. Even *fewer* lizards still follow other ships, *onwards and inwards*. These lizardfolk are (uniformly and without exception) never heard from again.

    Dux describes to your group in brief terms a religious cultural war between the “followers” of Sess’innek and the followers of Semuanya. The so-called “followers” of Sess’innek are the Lizards (generally, she stresses) who exist and choose to live within the Expanse. They (the Lizardfolk of this village, at the very least) are not here to worship Sess’innek. Rather, they are here to guard the gate to his chosen tomb, and make sure no one *dares* to unlock it. This watch has been of awful consequence to Dux and Vuurot’s tribe, but they feel it is their people’s *particular* responsibility to watch over Villam, or as they describe it, “The Gate”.

    The followers (or even in this case just the opposed; Lizardfolk choosing to actually *live* within the Expanse are generally considered zealots by Lizards outside the area) of Semuanya believe the Lizardfolk within the Expanse choose to give their life force and that of their children to an evil Otherworldly entity in an ever failing bargain to contain it. They consider it not only a heresy, but a sick and genocidal infliction upon their species for Lizards to live their lives inside the Twilight Expanse, and a misinterpretation of religious prophecy which weakens their race as a whole.

    The two Lizardfolk groups (as families often do) love but hate each other...move towards each other even as they move away, even in the brief time you saw them interact within the village just now. It is like an ongoing, never-not-awkward attempt between reconciliation and castigation, once a year, "and it takessss a Fesssstival form later tonight, even", Dux excitedly tells you! Your group will be some of the lucky and rare attendees!

    “One more zzzhing,” Dux sombrely informs you. “ZZza men call ussss lizzzzardsss. Ussss….we call ourssssselves, the Rak’Ta.

    "Do you have any quesssstions? It is the leasssst I can do. I ressssspect the tradition assss it sssstands, though my mate may not.”

    [In addition to this, Arno must please make a Constitution Check- the drink is made of fermented fruit and plants, and is as strong as dwarven ale. It tastes awful to most, but has a certain kind of fruity taste that grows on you (and to the Rak’Ta in particular). A Constitution Check of greater than 13 keeps Arno from getting a bit tipsy off the heady concoction for a couple hours (ie only affects roleplaying, not stats)]

    mrpaku on
  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    Jack gives the proferred drink a careful sniff and physically recoils; nooope nope nope! As Dux begins talking he half-listens and walks around the hut, examining it. He'd spent most of his time either on ships or in brick houses, so this kind of construction and decoration is new to him.

    He bumps into the green Rak’Ta, gives him an apologetic smile and mouths "sorry!" before continuing his exploration, giving the occasional sniff but not getting much as all he can smell is that drink, like a punch to the nose.

    With Dux finishing her tale he walks back to the group, "So these Expanse zealots... they wouldn't happen to fall into snakes when you cut them, would they?"

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Dux nods once tersely at Jack. "Ssssnakes are a ssssymbol, of Sess’innek, and of thisss placccce. A fanged head, devouring it's own tail...endlesssssly. You will ssssee, they are very prominent all over within the Exxxpanssse...you will find them in placcccesss that acknowledge the binding, the holding of Sess'innek...you will find zzzzem in poetry, and sssstatues...*and*, in ssssome cassssesss..."

    "You sssaid Ssssnakes fell out...of zzzealotsss? Yessss...I have heard of thissss. Thissss isss an *ill* omen indeed." Dux lowers her voice. "The Ssssnakes come ssssomtimes from.....Elssssewhere. To watch; to learn. They rarely act. They cannot possesssss a man...not unlessss he sssso choossses." Dux leans over to Jack in confidence from her mate. "You sssssaw sssuch snakes? Zzza little purple devilssss?"

  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    Jack grows visibly uncomfortable as the shaman goes on and on about snakes, looking like he'd rather be anywhere else right now. This place is full of snakes? Is it too late to go back? His gut tells him it's too late to go back...

    "Um. Yeah." He looks to the rest of the party as if waiting permission to spill the beans, then grows uncomfortable as the silence grows awkward. "Some men on our ship attacked us, and snakes..." Shudder, "And snakes spilled out." He shudders bodily at the memory.

    "I don't suppose you have some anti-snake amulets for sale?" Remembers that he lost his last gold piece along with his pinkie, "Amulets for loan?"

    mrpaku
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited October 26
    Dux thinks for a moment...finally nods. "There izzzz....ssssomething zzzat may help. *VUUROT*!" The green male returns, still in obvious agitation. "You will help!" The two lizards hiss at each other in an embattled marital fashion. However, soon, Vuurot consents, and rejoins the group, staring sharp daggers at Arno and the tooth meanwhile.

    "...ziss isssss a sssssimple trick, but it workssss with mossst of the ssssmaller ssssnakesss..."

    [Dux and Vuurot can teach a Druid, or someone with a point in Animal Handling (as I understand it, this is Arno and Jack) the Snake Charm spell!

    Snake Charm
    [When cast, this spell hypnotizes a snake (Druid/Animal Handling-level based!). They ceased whatever activity they were doing at the time, going into a swaying sitting position. The spell can charm multiple snakes, the amount is determined by the caster's spell level. The spell is more effective against angry snakes. This spell requires only verbal and somatic components.]

    Dux's singular request for teaching you this spell is that you both come and see her this evening, during the festival activities. Vuurot looks away from the table, very suddenly and awkwardly, when she asks this.

    mrpaku on
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Oak had thought Jack's question would receive either confusion or disbelief, but instead Dux confirmed that this was something that was prominent all over the Expanse itself. The barbarian's face furrowed, wondering what Reynald had gotten them into. Not to mention the thought that someone would have to willingly submit themselves to be taken over by the snakes, which seemed ridiculous for someone with any amount of sanity. Still, the confirmation that they were now in a place where this could happen put Oak on edge, turning the relaxing shore leave into something that was starting to feel like work again, watching out for threats over their shoulders. Dux may be willing to help the group, but that didn't completely remove Oak's mistrust of strangers at the moment, so he spoke up.

    "Hope ya won't mind if others tag along with 'em. Might not be a spell learning folk, but given what we've seen so far, not one to let these two wander about by themselves."

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited October 26
    Dux turns and looks Oak directly in his eyes in a strangely-piercing manner. "All are welcome at the Fessstival tonight. It isss to be a joyoussss event! There isssss to be much food and sssspectacle. The tribe renews itssssself for the cycle....comesssss together...growsssss it's Ma'ko....makes itssssself whole again...". Vuurrot's discomfort has become a low growl...he get up and leaves the table for the other side of the hut again, stomping off in a barely muted fury.

    mrpaku on
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Oak turns and looks back at Urixes, who also hadn't been included in the offer to learn, and raises an eyebrow with a slight nod towards Dux as if to say, Trust this one?

  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    Urixes catches Oak's glance, and offers his usual "Hmm," to the conversation. After another moment of consideration, he says, "We should go together. Even if we won't be able to perform their magic, we can take a lesson from the Rak'Ta and use the festival as a chance to bond. I can't help but feel like the four of us are going to need each other more and more as our journey continues."

    He leans over, muttering to Oak under his breath, "Besides, better these folk as company than the ones on the boat."

  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    Jack relaxes with a happy sigh, nod-nod-nodding enthusiastically, "Oh, thank you, that sounds wonderful!" Then in a lower, much quieter voice, "I don't like snakes." He leans in closer and pays more attention than the rest of the party has ever seen him give anything, nodding in agreement to anything the yellow Rak'Ta asks in return.

    ((OOC: Jack has a point in Animal Handling, but it's from his stat modifiers, it's not Trained. I take it he can't learn it then? I am quite happy for him to just think he can do it, too ;) ))

    mrpaku
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    OOC: Jack can learn this simple, small-level magic trick too (in large part, due to their Wild nature, and maybe a bit of something else...), but it will be capped around "charm a small swarm/disarm a big boi maybe on a good roll" levels, whereas Arno's wielding of it can theoretically grow much more powerful than that.

    Also, I believe Arno is the only person to currently suggest our next location (The Wooded Basin). Now is the time to choose otherwise individually or as a group if you would like... otherwise, once @zekebeau has weighed in, that will be your group's next destination

    Glal
  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    Jack waves to Dux energetically as people begin to head off, "Thank you! Okay, where to next?" He asks this of Arno and attaches himself to them, just assuming they'd taken the lead.

  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    "Ah, my tooth" Arno picks up the tooth Vuurot threw, keeping it close. Seems the Rak'Ta don't get along as well as hoped, but disagreements are in every family.

    "I meant no offense, a friend at Far Ateon had given it to me, as I had helped his tribe. He didn't mention the schism, though I guess he'd have a different viewpoint on the why of it.

    Sorry, but I'm a bit confused. So you want Sess’innek to stay trapped, but the others...just don't believe it is here? Think your living here actually helps Sess’innek? Because I don't believe my friends are pro evil self-cannibalizing snakes, I'm not sure their objection.

    And if Villiam is the gate, I'm guessing the Darkglen is the tomb? So if someone really wanted to release Sess'innek, wouldn't traveling to the Elwood be part of it? We may want some extra eyes keeping out snakes in humanoid suits...do they just wear warmbloods or can they wear Rak'Ta skin too? And how do you find them if they are in a suit? I'm guessing we cant just cut everyone and see if there's a snake in there, I don't have near enough cure wounds spells..." Arno continues to stream of thought a bit, though will stop and listen intently the moment either Vuurot or Dux speaks.

    Turning to Jack Arno says, "That was a really good question. Good boy."

    Seeing Oak's reaction to the info that the snakes were invited by their hosts "Don't worry, I doubt any of the infested really gave informed consent. They likely were told the snakes would give them dark powers or magic, not that they'd get turned into skin suits. In fact, I've heard of some intelligent races using various charm and memory alteration spells to convince their sentient prey to agree to being devoured, as a form of ethical consumption. I've been thinking of doing the same to the fish before catching them, though I'm unsure if I need their consent before casting the spell to still be ethical."

    Geth roll 1d20+1 Con save

    Con save:
    1d20+1 7 [1d20=6]

    mrpaku
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Dux answers Arno's questions calmly and as best she can; you can briefly hear Vurrot breaking a small piece of furniture in the other part of the house:

    "The outssside Rak'Ta mostly believe Sess'innek exissstss....but, *jusssst*, asss an idea....a potent but empty ssssymbol to rally againssssst, whicccch bindssss them together, but blindly. They ssssstay away, they give their sssspiritssss once....and they grow sssstrong, they *think*. He gives his blesssssing to their....inaction. Only ussss insssside know the full truth...that he is real, *livesssss*. That zzzzey grow strong, because of our sssssacrifice. Zzzzey do not believe in ssssnakes that come from Elssssewhere. Zzzzey do not believe, in Duty. Zzzey believe in performative Ma'ko..."

    Vuroot returns and steps in to correct Arno when they begin discussing the Dark Glen, in spite of himself, and still in an obvious distance from Arno:

    "...DarkGlen isn't *the* tomb, but it'ssss A tomb." Vuroot looks at Arno in heightened suspicion...(Arno's particular wording seems to have hit uncomfortably close to home). "It'ssss a reminder....and a promissse made to our people. Itssss a hissstory lesssson carved in stone....and a watcher along the way...."

    "Rak'Ta may not be taken by the ssssstrange sssssnakes," Dux cuts in later, "Only humansssss can provide the right heat for the purple devilssss, or sssssomething close. They hate the cold...can't abide it one bit. And... they aren't of this Plane. "

    Glal
  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    The green brew seems to be taking a stronger hold of Arno's mind.

    "A watcher? Then we should go there, we need a doer to help the watcher. How do we get there and get the snacks...snakies...bad guys? And course I'll be here this evenin', this is a good new spell, long as Rax or the Governor or Sess'innek or pretty kitty doesn't get us first. Seems we're getting a long list of possible want us dead types, do you think this is how Reynard feels all the time?"

    mrpaku
  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    "I imagine so," Urixes says, rising from his seat and staring out a window for no particular reason, at no particular thing. "That's the thing about power," he says, "It always comes with a price. In my experience that price is usually that something wants to kill you."

    mrpakuAustinP0027
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited October 27
    THE WOODED BASIN

    You come to….this place.

    do4uzsxq1oxf.png

    The afternoon sun peeks down between the trees in brilliant colors. It is…indescribably beautiful.

    An orange-frilled Rak’Ta woman wades knee deep in the waters here (her name is Rhas). She clutches a long, harpoon-like spear….*always watching, always guarding*. She occasionally will stop to spread some mud on small bumps in and near the water, in areas tucked beneath the trees….anyone who looks can see that what she is shielding and protecting are Rak’Ta eggs: half-hidden, half in and half out of the water. She treats her guardianship with the utmost seriousness…as you all arrive, you see her *aggressively* eject a few aimless sailors off your boat from this area waving her spear, based on their having *no* reason to be here. She initially goes to do the same to your group, before she sees Arno’s tooth…and gives an ambivalent hiss once, before returning to her regular route. But, she continues to keep an eye on you all…

    There is another Rak’Ta in the area: a male, taller than most you’ve seen, of a strange neon yellow and lime green coloration. He clutches a rough wooden staff and watches over a clutch of eggs in a semi-secluded part of the Basin. Anyone watching him will take note of the following, awful scene: this Rak’Ta goes to press mud over the eggs, the same as Rhas...but as he presses the mud down, a sickening *CRACK* emerges. The egg he has been attempting to protect has been utterly destroyed, and displays a sickening blackened color within…he goes to gently press the other eggs, five in all, and each one *POPS* and displays similar corruption inside…This Rak’Ta, upon his awful discovery, begins whipping at the destroyed eggs and the water with his staff, before burying his head in his hands…


    Victor and Gary arrive here, rather inexplicably. Rhas goes to threaten them off with her spear, before they both vigorously assure her they know and work with Urixes. “The Wild Bunch!” Victor says, smiling. “Been looking for you! We work with your friend here!” (Victor is clearly trying to ingratiate himself with Urixes’s group - these guys are *very* hoping to be associated with you all, in a “celebrity” kind of way). “WE bring a message; from the Baron and the Manager!”

    The message states:
    Apologies for my brisk nature this morning! *PLEASE* all join us on my cabin’s deck tonight at the beginning of the festivities. I invite you to sup with a select few luminaries during the banquet at my cabin tonight for dinner, including the Governor and the Captain. Your role in saving my friend has earned you a seat at my table, for now and always. Dress in your finest, and I eagerly await your presence! Jonas- The Manager

    “Eating with the elite,” Gary whistles impressed, as Urixes finishes the note. “You’re something else, encha’ Urixes?”

    “We work with him,” Victor proudly informs the rest of the group. “Hi! ‘Member, we met, in the Surgeon’s Office? I'm Victor!”


    From the opposite corner of the Basin, you hear an odd, slightly muted, tiny…roaring?, noise…a shape flips and churns in the water over here, near the depths. This part of the Basin is absolutely cacophonous with avian chatter….overhead, a flock of them seem to be having a FIT about something….wait, those are birds, right?

    [ Anyone who can beat an Intelligence roll of 10 *immediately* recognizes the “birds” in this area. Your ability to understand Lizardspeak will end after the current location. ]

    mrpaku on
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Oak watches the lizards with eggs closely. It's a sad sight, seeing eggs destroyed, knowing the frustration and loss felt. Oak empathizes from a distance but doesn't attempt to engage, leaving them alone is best.

    He does little but nod at Victor as he enthusiastically talks with the group. Oak is sure that Jack or Arno or maybe even Urixes will engage the young man, but the Barbarian doesn't have the social energy right now.

    His ears strain, hearing a sound off in the opposing corner. The bird overhead began squawking and Oak's eye narrowed.

    Geth, roll 1d20-1 for Int Check

    Int Check:
    1d20-1 6 [1d20=7]

  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    Jack is uncharacteristically quiet, eyes on the upset lizard. While the wolf just sees food the human side empathises with the lizard and he's not sure what to think. He's snapped out by the noisy arrival, "Oh! Yeah, you ate the shrimp!" Mind like a steel trap.

    What is that chirping?

    Geth, roll 1d20 for Intelligence Check

    ((OOC: Question, as presented are the dinner on the ship and meeting again with Dux mutually exclusive or are they happening at different times?))

    Intelligence Check:
    1d20 17 [1d20=17]

  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    So few people see this side of the Rak'ta, love and despair as deep as anyone can feel. If others saw this, would they abandon their fear and prejudice? Arno likes to think so.

    "Oh my, two parties in the same night? Jack, our social calendar is just filling up."

    Huh, that's a weird noise.

    Geth roll 1d20-1 for add 2 if nature skill applies

    add 2 if nature skill applies:
    1d20-1 17 [1d20=18]

  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    "Greetings, gentlemen," Urixes says to his coworkers, his usual grimace hiding a tinge of embarrassment at their boisterous nature interrupting a solemn moment. "The manager gave you this message?"

    Geth, roll 1d20+2 for Intelligence Check

    Intelligence Check:
    1d20+2 3 [1d20=1]

  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    ((OOC: I cannot believe Jack is the second most intelligent person on this journey. We are doomed))

    AustinP0027
  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    Jack's not dumb, just inexperienced. And a bit over eager.

    mrpaku
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    OOC:Fancy dinner tonight occurs on the deck directly outside the Manager's Cabin (it's a real big deck). This deck overlooks the Pit and the Lizardfolk Summer village where the Festival is occuring (it's all happening at around the same time, but you'll have dinner first, and enough time for Festival activities afterwards)

    Victor nods effusively at Urixes. "Yessir! Handed it to me himself! A real sweet gent...ya can see why the Baron gets on with him!"

    "Can't *imagine* why the Governor gets on with him, though," Gary loudly mutters.

    "...He put im' here because he's some sorta... academic? I think? Apparently, knows everything there is to know about the Lizardfolk. And the place has run like *clockwork* for the last fifteen years. Mitchum has to respect a man who makes him money, right?" Victor asks. Gary shrugs noncommittally.


    [Many would pass off the overhead chatter as just birds, but Jack and Arno recognize it to be from something else entirely...]

    52k6z3xdapoh.png

    The Micro Griffons are *losing their minds* because one of their number has become injured, and fallen into the deep end here. It's head is currently above water, but it has become tangled in a dense patch of something from deep beneath...it beats it's little wings futilely and furiously in it's bid to escape...

  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    Jack is off like a bolt, ignoring any protests from the nearby lizardfolk, hunched forward and mud flying from his beating feet as he does a clumsy slide in the mud, making a grab for the little creature. It's probably a good thing he's facing away from the group as his current expression can best be described as bestial, then, looking at the thing in his hands, it melts back into Jack, "Aww, you poor little thing." He gently begins pulling off the tangle holding the creature in place.

    mrpaku
  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    Arno is off like a shot. Diving into the deep end, he draws a dagger to cut vines that might be holding the baby griffin.

    mrpaku
  • GlalGlal Registered User regular

    mrpaku
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    The Micro Griffon shakes itself off, beating water from it's body as Jack and Arno pull it out of the overgrown tangle. You both notice, as it shakes, that one of those wings is hanging the wrong way, as though broken. The little fella's facial colorations make it look as though it is constantly furious, and it's current demeanor backs this up...after it finally dries itself a few times and Jack and Arno pull him to all the way to safety, he suddenly seems to become aware of Jack's hands... nibbling around the spot where Jack's finger is missing, the angry little guy gives a sharp and sudden BITE, as he beats his wings again in an apparent attempt to display dominance to all of your group...

    Geth roll 1d20-1 for Scared Little Guy

    Scared Little Guy:
    1d20-1 15 [1d20=16]

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited October 27
    [The little fella suddenly AWM-NOM-NOM's into Jack's hand, doing only 1 damage. Almost *immediately* after it does so, it becomes very nervous and looks right up at Jack...it makes no attempt to flee your hand again, but paces nervously from claw to claw inside your grip, as it beats it's broken wing in pain and anger...]

    mrpaku on
    Glal
  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    "Shush little thing, no biting. Here, have a bit of fish jerky. Now I know you're hurt, let Auntie Arno look. What caused this then?"

    Is a broken wing something that healing would fix, or is it a splint and time only thing? Healing can be weird. Also, is a micro grifin animal enough to speak to, or does it need a wis check?

    geth roll 1d20+3 medicine to determine proper course of treatment

    medicine to determine proper course of treatment:
    1d20+3 14 [1d20=11]

  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    edited October 27
    Jack smiles to Arno, "Isn't he just the cutest? Now now, no need to pa..." He gives a sharp intake of breath at the NIP!, eyes watering, "...nic." Slow exhale.

    "Hoo... a feisty one. Hey Arno, you're good at the herbal medicine bit, right? I think the little guy's wing is hurt." He carefully maneuvers his grip so he leaves the hurt area exposed without giving the griffin a chance to escape. Even through tears he's wearing this goofy "aww, kittens and puppies!" grin.

    ((OOC: Could this count as Jack helping, thus giving Arno an advantage on their check?))

    Glal on
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    hnj9u24x86h9.png

    OOC: Splint and time, and loving care- with proper attention, this little fella will heal up in exactly three days. At that point, he will slowly become trainable, and eventually a fully usable pet companion you can all RP and pass between each other... although, *at this point*, only Jack and Arno may do so, as it's a hateful little thing right now, and you have to earn it's trust. It's wing was broken in a fight for dominance among the other griffs, which is part of what the bird chatter was about...*this* little guy you can do what you will with, but some good starting points personality-wise are "angry" and "a troublemaker".

    Please let me know your next destination, unless you have further business here! Once Urixes and Oak check-in, we can move on. A [Unnamed, Injured Micro Griffon] has joined the party!

    Glal
  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    edited October 27
    OOC:
    8p5nz0idb7ug.jpeg

    IC:
    s1k930vt24qm.jpg


    "Thank you both for delivering the message," Urixes says after turning away from Jack and Arno's dramatic rescue. Considering that a polite dismissal of Victor and Gary, he turns to his companions, and offers that they should probably clean off the mud and figure out what to do with their new pet before dinner tonight.

    Denada on
    GlalmrpakuAustinP0027
  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    edited October 27
    "Urixes, clearly the first order of business is to give this little guy a name. Leo the Lionhawk? Lord Featherton Roarly? Bob?"

    Arno knows any decent port will have some kennel size cages (for parrots, monkeys, and other exotic animals and pets that often get brought on ships for company and the occasional emergency ration). Arno will pick one up, along with some straw for a nest and water bowl. Once the name is chosen, Arno will use skrimshaw tools to engrave the bowl. But it will need to stay on the ship/in the room tonight.

    I chose the last two places, surely someone else has something they'd like to pursue.

    zekebeau on
    mrpaku
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    OOC: Seems appropriate that Dad...uhhhh, I mean, *Oak*, gets to decides when he gets the opportunity to check in, unless the group decides otherwise.

Sign In or Register to comment.