[D&D 5E] "The Curse"- The Dark Glen

1232426282937

Posts

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    [The Worg rushes in, but Oak stands firm; water dripping from his blade and ready. As the snarling fangs rush in, Oak, timing it like a marksman, leans back with sudden and expert momentum and slashes it in the face as it charges into range, lopping off an ear and a good chunk of fur on the monster's brow]

    (DM Note- Oak's Bless Attack bonus is being added...now. Arno has their movement and one action. Following that, ROUND TWO.)

    Geth roll 1d4 Extra Damage

    MAP UPDATE-
    4bdtbdqqwghc.jpg

    Extra Damage:
    1d4 4 [1d4=4]

    mrpaku on
  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    With the extra legs, and eyes, and the rain, Arno's reactions are clumsy, and the Javelin hits deep in the thorax. Gathering his wits, Arno decides to give Oak back up, seeking to sink clicking mandibles into the worg's hide.

    Geth roll 1d20+3 for spider bite

    Geth roll 1d4 for bless

    Geth roll 1d6+1 for bite damage

    Geth roll 2d6 for poison damage dc 11 con save for half

    Just FYI, in spider form my AC is 13, and I'm assuming Maalick doesn't get the -4 to ranged attacks. That leaves me 3 spider hit points until I'm forced back to normal form. (3/11).

    spider bite:
    1d20+3 14 [1d20=11]
    bless:
    1d4 4 [1d4=4]
    bite damage:
    1d6+1 7 [1d6=6]
    poison damage dc 11 con save for half:
    2d6 5 [2d6=4, 1]

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Geth roll 1d20+1 for Clark's (Worg B)-Constitution Save

    Clark's (Worg B)-Constitution Save:
    1d20+1 12 [1d20=11]

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    [Ripped up one side by Oak’s sword, and then *immediately* down the other by Arno’s mandibles, Clark the Worg nearly goes down right there at your feet. From somewhere deep within him, he finds the animal instinct to hold on, and looks up at you both, mouth frothed and eyes darting wildly]

    OOC: Didn’t realize Arno was still in their spider-form; apologies! Maalick already has his -4 to ranged attacks in the rain figured in for his Rolls (on a sunny day, he would’ve had a *devastating* +8 to those Giant Javelin attacks). His 14 beats Arno’s 13 AC (Spider Form) and the Javelin hits. Clark the Worg is nearly dead on his feet from the Spider’s Bite.


    [Initiative Order- Fight Below the Falls- Round Two]
    1. Urixes
    2. Jack
    3. Oak
    4. Strike
    5. Maalick the Hunter (AC 15)
    6. Lewis (AC 13)
    7. Clark (AC 13)
    6. Arno

  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    Jack charges through the rain, pushing past Urixes to stand in front of Warg A, blocking the beast's path to their warlock. Between the rain and his wolf helm he's really getting into it now and, eyes glowing red, yells at the large animal before striking it with his rapier.

    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Rapier strike

    Rapier strike:
    1d20+5 16 [1d20=11]

    mrpaku
  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    Jack will spend a superiority die to do a Menacing Attack, the target must make a Wisdom save VS 13 or become Frightened of Jack until the end of his next turn (disadvantage on attacks against him, cannot choose to move closer to him).

    Geth, roll 1d8+3 Rapier Damage
    Geth, roll 1d8 extra Superiority damage

    Rapier Damage:
    1d8+3 7 [1d8=4]
    extra Superiority damage:
    1d8 3 [1d8=3]

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    [Lewis is bearing down on Urixes when the Demon Swordsman suddenly and aggressively emerges from the mist in front of him, letting out an unnaturally loud battle cry as he shoves the blade into the the Worg...The creature yelps: nearly falls over itself as it attempts to backpedal away from the group's magically appearing pet Demon]

    Geth roll 1d20 Wisdom Save (Lewis)

    Wisdom Save (Lewis):
    1d20 8 [1d20=8]

    mrpaku on
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Geth roll 1d4 for Bless (Attack Bonus)

    Current Map-
    11kg8kihrd5b.jpg

    Bless (Attack Bonus):
    1d4 1 [1d4=1]

  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    "Hmm," Urixes grunts, impressed by Jack's vicious display. With a few flicks of his wrist, he summons a tentacle to help deal with the other worg, while surrounding the troll with magical frost.

    OOC:I'll cast Frostbite at Maalick. He must make a Constitution saving throw (DC 13). On a failed save, the target takes 1d6 cold damage, and it has disadvantage on the next weapon attack roll it makes before the end of its next turn. Good ol' Grasp of the Deep will appear near B and make its usual attack (lightning this time).

    Geth, roll 1d6 for Potential Cold Damage
    Geth, roll 1d20+1d4+5 for Grasp of the Deep
    Geth, roll 1d8 for Lightning Damage

    Potential Cold Damage:
    1d6 4 [1d6=4]
    Grasp of the Deep:
    1d20+1d4+5 12 [1d20=4] [1d4=3]
    Lightning Damage:
    1d8 3 [1d8=3]

    GlalmrpakuAustinP0027
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    [The Worg manages to accidently, just barely weave itself between the tentacles emerging offensive. Across the water, Maalick peers in dull curiosity, as the air around him suddenly thickens with quickening, tiny icicles...]

    Geth roll 1d20+8 Constitution Save (Maalick)

    Constitution Save (Maalick):
    1d20+8 22 [1d20=14]

    mrpaku on
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Oak's slash lands hard, and he readies himself as Urixes's tentacles swipe out, missing the Worg. Oak grips the sword tightly again and swing down on the injured beast, hoping to land a solid hit and put it down.

    Geth, roll 1d20+1d4+5 for Attack
    Geth, roll 1d10+3 for Dmg

    Attack:
    1d20+1d4+5 12 [1d20=3] [1d4=4]
    Dmg:
    1d10+3 7 [1d10=4]

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    [ Strike closes in behind the Worg Jack has frightened, trapping him between the rocks. He *SWINGS* his staff into the creature’s hide with the confidence of someone who finally knows he has trustworthy backup. But he still looks warily over his shoulder at Maalick, in clear apprehension of just opening his back to the deadly Hunter…]

    Geth roll 1d20 Staff hit Worg A (Strike)

    Geth roll 1d20+6 (potential) Staff damage

    [The Worg is sick inside and bleeding out, and has been hacked at and the target of dark sorceries…but it *still* stands at Oak and Arno’s feet, frothing and mostly-crazed and yet still committed to selling itself as dearly as possible for it’s Master. Not caring for life or limb, it hurls itself with a ragged *snarl* at the wound in Arno’s thorax…]

    Geth roll 1d20+5 Dying Bite (Worg B)

    Geth roll 2d6+3 (piercing hit damage)

    DM Note: On a successful Bite attack, Arno and Strike must succeed on a DC 13 Strength Saving Throw or be knocked prone

    [The Worg, trapped by Strike and Jack, flips it’s head back and forth between the two of you, panting and trembling with wide eyes. In frantic desperation, it *snaps* it’s jaws up and in at Strike’s staff arm…]

    Geth roll 1d20+5 Desperate Bite (Worg A)

    Geth roll 2d6+3 (piercing hit damage)

    [Maalick closes his eyes and breathes in DEEPLY of the cold atmosphere around him. He exhales frost into the mist, and if you could see him, GRINS, sadistically in the direction of the Warlock. He takes another javelin from it’s pack and flips over it expertly inside his giant hand. Jogging now along the shore, the giant shape is *shaking the earth* as it runs towards you in the rain. Maalick takes notes of Strike’s back turned to him nearby with the same curled grin, as raises his arm and *HURLS* the clutched giant javelin in the direction of the nearby Warlock…]

    Geth roll 1d20+4 Giant Javelin (@ Urixes)

    Geth roll 2d6+3 Javelin (@ Urixes) piercing damage

    Staff hit Worg A (Strike):
    1d20 9 [1d20=9]
    (potential) Staff damage:
    1d20+6 20 [1d20=14]
    Dying Bite (Worg B):
    1d20+5 13 [1d20=8]
    (piercing hit damage):
    2d6+3 8 [2d6=1, 4]
    Desperate Bite (Worg A):
    1d20+5 16 [1d20=11]
    (piercing hit damage):
    2d6+3 5 [2d6=1, 1]
    Giant Javelin (@Urixes):
    1d20+4 16 [1d20=12]
    Javelin (@Urixes) piercing damage:
    2d6+3 7 [2d6=1, 3]

    mrpaku on
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Note: This space for cleaning up the results....

    OOC:...ok, that all stands, except for Strike's ungodly staff hit, which I must've copy/pasted wrong (and he didn't end up hitting anyway). Arno, Urixes, Jack, Oak: take your turn when you will, in what order you will. Maalick is dangerous and full of tricks. And, for record keepings sake:

    [Worg B's Dying Bite hits Arno right in the thorax (DM Question: Does this damage carry over? Spider Arno is currently at 3/11HP... I'm assuming reverted Arno is at 16/21HP now, or does that damage deflect?)]

    [Worg A misses Strike!]

    [Maalick's Giant Javelin hits Urixes for 7 piercing, bringing Urixes to 22/33HP]

    mrpaku on
  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    Arno chitters and clacks her mandibles, ichor dripping. The prey is so close, and she's so hungry. She'll sink her fangs and feast upon the still living OUCH!

    Arno's form pops back, bipedal again. Oh, this is looking tough, and that troll is just getting started. Wonder how he got the worgs, they usually prefer to be with races they can easily chomp.

    Arno's bear spirit totem rises over the water, it's aura suffused allies with life and strength while Arno swings at the worg.

    Geth roll 1d20+4+1d4

    Geth roll 1d6+2

    7 temp hp to all.

    1d20+4+1d4 15 [1d20=10] [1d4=1]
    1d6+2 5 [1d6=3]

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    [The heavily wounded animal, it's teeth just now at Arno's throat, suddenly stops trying to drag Arno into the dirt and goes limp at their chest, dead. From out of the rain, a loud, angry rumble emerges that shakes the place...you think it might be the begining of another earthquake, before you realize the sound in emanating from Maalick himself...]

  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    Urixes quickly goes on the defensive, calling his tentacle over to harass the troll while he spins the churning mist and frost into mirror images of himself.

    OOC: Casting Mirror Image on myself, then using my bonus action to move the tentacle over near Maalick and slapping him with it. For the sake of expediency you can make the roll if Urixes gets attacked.

    Geth, roll 1d20+1d4+5 for Grasp of the Deep
    Geth, roll 1d8 Lightning Damage

    Grasp of the Deep:
    1d20+1d4+5 27 [1d20=18] [1d4=4]
    Lightning Damage:
    1d8 8 [1d8=8]

    mrpaku
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    [Urixes (one of them, who inexplicably emerge from the Mist...) retaliates from the Javelin assault with a *GIANT*, charged, pulsing tentacle, which Maalick looks down at, and smugly grins away in his march forward towards you all...until the tentacle strongly and assuredly grabs him with an undeniable *JERK* around the right heel, and he topples forward in front of you. As he does so, a mild crackle from the clouds above you rings out in the grey clouds...a sudden *BOLT* of electricity rings out from the mist above, to suddenly descend into the air around the battle, and give a sudden surge to Urixes's magic...the tentacle glows an electric blue in the rain, as it shocks the encroaching Hunter...]

    Geth roll 1d4 for "Urixes Channeling the Storm" (additional Lightning damage)

    Current Map-
    tm5w1zeqjof2.jpg

    "Urixes Channeling the Storm" (additional Lightning damage):
    1d4 1 [1d4=1]

    mrpaku on
  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    The bolt of lightning illuminates the field, giving Jack a good look at the beast's master charging in. Right, need to get rid of his pets quickly, then.
    "Drop already!" He growls at the beast and slashes at it once more, his attention already on the approaching Maalick.

    Geth, roll 2d20k1+5 for Rapier With That Advantage I Forgot About Twice Now
    Geth, roll 1d8+3 for Rapier Damage

    Rapier With That Advantage I Forgot About Twice Now:
    2d20k1+5 21 [2d20k1=[16], 2]
    Rapier Damage:
    1d8+3 7 [1d8=4]

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    [Lewis the Frightened Worg, coming bodily off it's attempt to bite at Strike, is forced back again against the red-eyed Swordsman; Jack's rapier driven into it's other shoulder now. The creature squeals it's life out in a desperate plea towards the direction of Maalick as it struggles, Goblin-speak spilling from it's dying breath. The troll is currently in the process of pulling out another Javelin and staring *daggers* across the water at Arno, as they climb themself out from under the now dead Clark. Maalick turns back with a piercing death glare when it realizes Lewis has been taken as well (Maalick is *furious* at Lewis and Clark's death, and will react accordingly on his next turn)]

    [Initiative Order- Fight Below the Falls- Round Three]
    1. Urixes
    2. Jack
    3. Oak
    4. Strike
    5. Maalick the Hunter (AC 15)
    6. Arno

    Geth roll 1d4 for Bless (Attack Bonus)

    Bless (Attack Bonus):
    1d4 4 [1d4=4]

    mrpaku on
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Oak growls as the Worg he was swinging at lunges for Arno. The red mist descends over his eyes as his companion gets attacked, something he should have been able to prevent. He whips around, looking for another target, something to take out this anger on.

    His eyes land on the troll, who is staring back at Arno. Oak whips out a javelin and throws it with his full strength, waiting a moment as it flies towards to yell, "Hey Ugly. Eyes right here. You're mine."

    OOC: Raging.


    Geth roll 1d20+1d4+5 for Attack
    Geth roll 1d6+5 for Damage

    Attack:
    1d20+1d4+5 10 [1d20=3] [1d4=2]
    Damage:
    1d6+5 10 [1d6=5]

    mrpaku
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    [Maalick *R-O-A-R-S* loud enough to shake the entire Valley. Whipping out a javelin from it’s pack by his free hand with an unnerving speed and ferocity, the troll hurls the prepared spear across the water at Oak, and then the other right towards Jack. Still *bellowing* with fury, Maalick pounds his way across the forest towards the group. Coming now upon Strike, he slams at him once with each open Claw, before leaning over into his neck for a wrenching Bite …]

    Geth roll 1d20+4 Giant Javelin (@ Oak)

    Geth roll 2d6+3 (@ Oak)- piercing damage

    Geth roll 1d20+4 Giant Javelin (@ Jack)

    Geth roll 2d6+3 (@ Jack)- piercing damage

    Geth roll 1d20+7 for the Left Claw (@ Strike)

    Geth roll 2d6+4 (@ Strike)-slashing damage

    Geth roll 1d20+7 for the Right Claw (@ Strike)

    Geth roll 2d6+4 (@ Strike)-slashing damage

    Geth roll 1d20+7 for Hunter’s Kiss (@ Strike)

    Geth roll 1d6+4 (@ Strike)- piercing damage

    OOC: Maalick is taking a Retaliation bonus action for *each* of his two pet’s deaths, before descending upon Strike and attempting to *CRUSH* him. The Retaliation bonus attacks are directed towards Oak (who just taunted the Troll into directing his shot away from Arno) and Jack (who recently finished off Lewis)

    Giant Javelin (@ Oak):
    1d20+4 10 [1d20=6]
    (@ Oak)- piercing damage:
    2d6+3 9 [2d6=1, 5]
    Giant Javelin (@ Jack):
    1d20+4 5 [1d20=1]
    (@ Jack)- piercing damage:
    2d6+3 6 [2d6=1, 2]
    the Left Claw (@ Strike):
    1d20+7 20 [1d20=13]
    (@ Strike)-slashing damage:
    2d6+4 12 [2d6=6, 2]
    the Right Claw (@ Strike):
    1d20+7 20 [1d20=13]
    (@ Strike)-slashing damage:
    2d6+4 11 [2d6=6, 1]
    Hunters Kiss (@ Strike):
    1d20+7 18 [1d20=11]
    (@ Strike)- piercing damage:
    1d6+4 10 [1d6=6]

    mrpaku on
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    OOC: Strike takes his second massive battering in two days and nearly gets knocked down; only hangs on by the power of Arno's Bear Totem. Bless effects drop from the group

  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Arno races forward, raising a hand to cast.

    "Sometimes prey fights back. You should have called them off when you saw we weren't hurt or weak" Arno chides.

    edit: I was too far for that, let's try this.

    Move towards the troll and cast Frostbite DC 13 con

    potion:
    2d4+2 9 [2d4=3, 4]

    zekebeau on
    Glal
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    [Maalick *BARKS* a retort back across the water at Arno in Goblin-speak. Once again, Maalick notices the air around him thicken into frozen icicles. Visibly irritated with this trick now, he attempts to *BAT* the frost away from him...]

    Geth roll 1d20+8 Constitution Save (Maalick)

    Constitution Save (Maalick):
    1d20+8 13 [1d20=5]

    mrpaku on
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    [Initiative Order- Fight Below the Falls- Round Four]
    1. Urixes
    2. Jack
    3. Oak
    4. Strike
    5. Maalick the Hunter (AC 15)
    6. Arno

    Current Map-
    owhxr4cyb9yk.jpg

    OOC: To save time or confusion: In the current rain, only fire effects inflicted *up close* to the Troll will hinder it's regeneration ability (otherwise, your fire goes out before it has time to wound). Acid effects can be assumed to stick to it's skin long enough on a hit to be conducted at a distance and still disable the Troll's regeneration

  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    none of the spellcaster's seems to have fire or acid. It's Jack's time to shine with the fire breath potions.

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    OOC: Don't forget that Urixes and Arno were both handed a [Vial of Acid] as part of Michael's care package, the night you departed into the Elwood!

  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    ((OOC: Alas, common sense prevailed and Jack has been denied fire potions both times he asked for them!))

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    OOC: I'm talking with mrpaku about the action economy there because my literal first thought is that Rage Oak would give Jack a potion. But Jack will need to go after Oak, and it might also possibly be his action.

    Edit: Well, action to drink. Blowing fire is a bonus action per the offered text from when I got it.

    AustinP0027 on
  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    ((OOC: ...did you ever spend that advantage we all started with? You could chuck him the potion. Best case scenario is he flubs the catch, it smashes in Jack's face and sets him on fire ;) ))

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    OOC: Using a healing potion you have currently on hand, or handing a potion to someone within five feet of you, would be a bonus action. Using a potion someone just handed to you, or blowing fire from a fire potion (attack), would cost a full action.

    Throwing someone a potion would need to occur within sixty feet of the target expected to catch the potion, and would require harder DC reaction checks for them to catch it the further out you are (starting at Dexterity DC 15 at 60 feet)

    The fire potions, when used within five feet of Maalick, will force him to make a Dexterity (DC 13) Saving Throw against fire damage and loss of regeneration. The acid vials can be thrown from twenty feet, and Maalick will need to succeed against a Dexterity (DC 11) Saving Throw against acid damage and loss of regeneration

    Also! I just discovered this page in Player/Monster Action Economy, which has really helped me in hopefully understanding it!

    https://www.dungeonsolvers.com/2018/06/01/understanding-the-action-economy-in-dd-5e/

    Glal
  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    "Oh right," Urixes says, reaching down to his belt and drawing the vial of acid, "How prescient of Michael to give us these..." he hurls it at the troll, then follows up his toss with another slap from his trusty tentacle friend.

    Geth, roll 2d20k1-2 for Acid Vial with Advantage
    Geth, roll 2d6 for Acid Damage
    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Grasp of the Deep
    Geth, roll 1d8 for Lightning Damage

    Acid Vial with Advantage:
    2d20k1-2 15 [2d20k1=[17], 10]
    Acid Damage:
    2d6 8 [2d6=2, 6]
    Grasp of the Deep:
    1d20+5 9 [1d20=4]
    Lightning Damage:
    1d8 6 [1d8=6]

  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    Jack stands over the downed warg, panting. They... they can talk? There's a smidge of kinship there that makes him regret his act, which then gets channeled into anger at their master. What kind of coward lets their companions die while he stands at the back??

    He charges forward, skidding to a halt next to Strike, "You okay buddy? Don't worry, I got this." With a throaty sound not entirely human he flips the helm's face plate up, staring up at the much taller troll, "This is between you and me. Bring it!"

    ((OOC: He'll be using his action surge))

    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Rapier Strike
    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Rapier Follow Up
    Geth, roll 1d8+3 Rapier Damage
    Geth, roll 1d8+3 Rapier Damage

    Rapier Strike:
    1d20+5 13 [1d20=8]
    Rapier Follow Up:
    1d20+5 16 [1d20=11]
    Rapier Damage:
    1d8+3 10 [1d8=7]
    Rapier Damage:
    1d8+3 7 [1d8=4]

  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    ((OOC: He'll be using Goading Attack on the strike that landed. WIS save against 13 or they get disadvantage on any attack not directed at Jack until the end of his next turn))

    Geth, roll 1d8 Extra Combat Superiority Damage

    Extra Combat Superiority Damage:
    1d8 4 [1d8=4]

    mrpaku
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Oak sprints towards the troll, too far to be able to hit it with him with the sword, so he pulls out another javelin to throw it.

    OOC:Need to keep attacking to stay in rage, and too far to throw fire breathing potion, so I'll do that next turn when I get within 30ft.

    Geth roll 1d20+1d4+5 for Attack
    Geth roll 1d6+5 for Damage

    Attack:
    1d20+1d4+5 26 [1d20=17] [1d4=4]
    Damage:
    1d6+5 9 [1d6=4]

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    [Those nearby hear the *tinkle* of breaking glass in the rain, as the vial Urixes has thrown lands at the Troll’s neck and breaks upon contact. The acid sizzles and the Troll grimaces, attempting to brush it off himself with the back of his hand as his clavicle cracks and smokes.

    Another dread tentacle rises from the ground, but the now increasingly incensed Maalick kicks it away. As he does so, a javelin delivered from Oak on the other end of the water sinks deep into his arm, causing him to bellow out. Upon the Troll rearing back in pain, Strike (fresh off of channeling a Cure Wounds spell through his staff and into himself) senses an opening and darts forward, attempting to *BASH* the Troll in the head with his staff...

    Jack charges straight into the fray, missing his first strike with the rapier but delivering a cutting backhand blow to the cruel Troll on the second. Strike nods as Jack pulls up beside him, an unspoken sign that let’s Jack know he’s okay and in this fight: the two go shoulder to shoulder together against the towering (but now visibly damaged) Troll. Maalick hisses something unpleasant in response to Jack’s taunt, each goblin syllable smacking against jagged and eager teeth…]

    Geth roll 1d20 Staff hit (@ Maalick)

    Geth roll 1d6+1 Staff damage

    Geth roll 2d8+4 for Cure Wounds 2 (@ Strike)

    Geth roll 1d20-1 Wisdom Save (Maalick)

    [Maalick was unable to Regenerate this Round]

    Staff hit (@ Maalick):
    1d20 3 [1d20=3]
    Staff damage:
    1d6+1 2 [1d6=1]
    Cure Wounds 2 (@ Strike):
    2d8+4 11 [2d8=5, 2]
    Wisdom Save (Maalick):
    1d20-1 4 [1d20=5]

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    [You all came to his forest. You trespassed on his land. You had the audacity to kill his dogs, who were only trying to make their Master happy (by snapping your easy little tourist necks, and dragging you back to be picked over and eaten). Now he stands, actually wounded (he can feel those pains, this time), and the little thing in the mocking Wolf helmet has the *GALL* to challenge him? Maalick has found a focal point for his troubles this morning, in the cold dark rain…and he’s going to take the little man in front of him, and *gouge his life out*…]

    Geth roll 1d20+7 for the Left Claw (@ Jack)

    Geth roll 2d6+4 (@ Jack)-slashing damage

    Geth roll 1d20+7 for the Right Claw (@ Jack)

    Geth roll 2d6+4 (@ Jack)-slashing damage

    Geth roll 1d20+7 for Hunter’s Kiss (@ Jack)

    Geth roll 1d6+4 (@ Jack)- piercing damage

    the Left Claw (@ Jack):
    1d20+7 9 [1d20=2]
    (@ Jack)-slashing damage:
    2d6+4 10 [2d6=2, 4]
    the Right Claw (@ Strike):
    1d20+7 22 [1d20=15]
    (@ Jack)-slashing damage:
    2d6+4 7 [2d6=2, 1]
    Hunters Kiss (@ Jack):
    1d20+7 16 [1d20=9]
    (@ Jack)- piercing damage:
    1d6+4 8 [1d6=4]

    mrpaku on
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    [Initiative Order- Fight Below the Falls- Round Four]
    1. Urixes
    2. Jack
    3. Oak
    4. Strike
    5. Maalick the Hunter (AC 15)
    6. Arno

    Current Map-
    ifbiq7otjckv.jpg

  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    Arno moves closer, but is still too far. But if the troll can be easier to harm...

    Arno casts faire fire, just on the troll. Dex 13, failure gives all attacks advantage against target. Moving full speed towards troll.

    Also, Arno does speak Goblin, if you wanted your monster to monologue at us.

    mrpakuGlal
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    [The distance and Falls makes the Troll’s hateful speech (initially) almost inaudible to Arno. It incredibly hard to make out the sound of the Troll’s clacking, spiteful hiss, over the rain and the clang of battle, despite his booming voice. But when they hear it, Arno senses an exotic twang to the Goblin-speak that is unique: it’s less that Maalick speaks incorrectly, than that they speak haltingly: as though verbal communication is a thing that happens for them rarely here, if possibly ever.

    Arno’s feet pound across the valley back towards the rest of the Wild Bunch, keeping up stride by stride next to Oak. On the run, Arno summons blue faerie lights to dance along the Troll’s figure in the rain. As Maalick curses you all (but Jack especially), friendly blue sparks suddenly take shape among him in the rain. [Arno can make out a few *KEY* phrases from the Hunter:]
    “BREAK MY PETS…THEY…ALWAYS…*TAKE* MY PETS…THE LAD…(*crackle of thunder*)”

    “RUIN THEM..BEAT THEM…*EAT THEM*…TAKE THEIR TOYS, GET HER BL…(Maalick is beaten every which way)…”

    “(Directly at Arno) FOR EACH ONE YOU TAKE, SHE’LL GIVE ME ANOTHER…TAKE YOUR SKULLS BACK, BREAK EM’ OFF YOU, CRUSH…”

    "KILL THE DEMON...KILL EM'...NOT ANOTHER ONE, NOT..."]

    Geth roll 1d20+1 Dexterity Save (Maalick)

    Dexterity Save (Maalick):
    1d20+1 8 [1d20=7]

Sign In or Register to comment.