[D&D 5E] "The Curse"- Villam

1235725

Posts

  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    ((all other stuff being done, Irah is going to head back to the ship with Jack, or otherwise follow jack incase she needs to grab him by the scruff of the neck and drag him out of trouble. Again.))

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    OOC:
    @Glal As I understand it, Jack is headed to the Loony Schooner this evening (local tavern/inn) *immediately* after Jack pulls his prize out of the box- Jack, is this correct? Or are you headed down to "The Docks", where Arno and Oak are about to be about now? We can assume Irah follows you in either case unless she says otherwise. Urixes can pull from the prize box, and then choose his next location when he is ready. We should be good to go forward after that...

  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    Jack fistpumps, "Yesssss, prizes! Thanks mate!" He nonchalantly hands some of the heavier stuff he was carrying to Irah, just assuming she'd help carry, then looks over the contents, eyes gleaming.

    Geth roll 1d20+1 for Investigating The Shiny Prizes

    Investigating The Shiny Prizes:
    1d20+1 9 [1d20=8]

  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    edited September 24
    ((OOC:: well, I'm going to assume that's not going to produce anything))

    These all look great to Jack and he looks torn in indecision. Oh! "Dice or branch you say... well, easy choice!" He grabs the dice and pockets them with a happy smile, waving to the sputtering half-elf and heading off.

    OOC:
    Jack was heading to the inn where he was staying to grab the rest of his belongings and then carry them to the ship. Decide how long that'd take as you see fit!

    Glal on
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Irah disdanfully uses mage hand to proceed to drop the stuff bit by bit on Jack's head. "Ask for help first, Pup"

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
    mrpaku
  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    What is...? Where is...!? Oh. He gives a sheepish grin, "Pleeeeeeease?" If he had a tail it'd be wagging.

    mrpaku
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Glal wrote: »
    What is...? Where is...!? Oh. He gives a sheepish grin, "Pleeeeeeease?" If he had a tail it'd be wagging.

    Jack's Choice-
    lymys45guai3.png

    Loaded Dice- These dice will *always* attempt to find each other, and subsequently clack together to produce a rolled result. The slighter darker of the pair can be controlled by the owner to produce any number they so choose.

    Glal
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Irah just lifts Jack up with one hand. "Please what?"

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Bern Huldrason

    ily2l7jvh4zq.jpeg

    Two crows fly between a couple of gulls. Omens abound on this day, he thinks.

    Bern leans on the Whispered Curse, looking out over the island. It doesn’t seem that long ago he’d be off getting into trouble, but not now. He’s had many masks in his time, and grizzled old grump is suiting him just fine.

    He walks to the other side of the deck and checks on his fishing rod. Only caught two crabs in as many hours, one with a claw missing. Omens.

    Then he starts to sing:

    “There’s demons in the drink,
    there’s demons out to sea,
    rising, rising up from down below.

    O’ but there’s demons in the keep,
    demons on the shore,
    I know, I know for which I prefer.

    So shed no tear for me
    casting off for Kastrapur
    Return, return I will
    with a bag of borrowed gold.”

    mrpakuzekebeauAustinP0027
  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    Jack dangles in the large woman's grip, looking particularly short in comparison. There's a very brief moment of anger in his face that immediately gets replaced with subservience as his survival instincts kick in, "Um. Please could you help me carry my stuff?"
    Dangle dangle. "And put me back down? Please?"

  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Irah throws her head back and laughs. And drops Jack. "Of course i can pup. A little politeness never hurt though, no?"

    As if to show there's no hard feelings Alkono lands on Jack's shoulder, having picked up whatever was lgihtest of jack's stuff, and caws happily.

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    Urixes scowls at Zylrose as he looks through the chest, as much to extract payment for himself as to make sure this fool didn't have anything else that would get him killed.

    Geth, roll 1d20+4 for Arcana Check

    Arcana Check:
    1d20+4 23 [1d20=19]

    AustinP0027
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited September 24
    Urixes recognizes the magical items as the following:
    Mysterious Key, Talking Doll, Magic Cello and Bow (instrument of illusions), Staff of Bird Calls, Sending Stones. The Ugly Mask is also magic, but *super* cursed

    mrpaku on
  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    "I'm taking this," Urixes says to Zylrose, holding up the strange key, "And if any gods-damned sense was knocked into your head by those frogs, you'll toss that mask into a fire and destroy it." He offers a nod of respect to Irah and Jack, then makes for the Schooner.

    OOC: I'll take the Mysterious Key. Urixes is done for the day, he'll head back to the inn and long rest his way through the storm.

    mrpaku
  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    OOC: I shan't open those spoilers lest I perish of FOMO...

    mrpakuAustinP0027
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Zylrose nods at your words in a mild stupor.... slowly, rather dumbly...but you *think* he listened to you

    [Urixes adds Mystery Key to his inventory!]
    6404ruuj2dh1.png

    Mystery Key- In any situation with a locked cage/door/sealed chest ECT, Urixes can roll a 1d20 to attempt the Key. An 18 or higher opens the door immediately (*any* door) and the key vanishes in a puff of smoke. The key may be used indefinitely until it achieves a success

    [In addition... Urixes receives an Inspiration Token for going with the mystery box, as opposed to the obvious juicy magical-goodness]

    [Night falls shortly...]

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    [The grey storm clouds have hit land *right* as the sun is setting. The occasional spits of rain have turned into wrenched faucets... anyone outside for more than three seconds comes back *absolutely* soaked. The sun disappears over the Eastern Horizon... a strange chill, and magical tingle, is in the air...]

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    THE DOCKS (ARNO, OAK)

    The grey clouds have engulfed the sea and the sky. The rain pounds down *heavily*. Occasional gusts of wind will pick up and drive the rain sideways for a few seconds, causing people to catch themselves for dear life in the moment. Most crafts have tied up early for the evening, in anticipation of the storm. Only two still seem to be heavy with work, as soldiers in official looking coats and caps transfer boxes and large crates out from an expensive looking pleasure craft tied up in it’s own private area, and over to The Whispered Curse. This is interfering with the steady and rowdy trickle of pirates departing The Curse and headed to The Loony Schooner for the evening, holding up patchwork jackets to shield themselves off the torrents from the skies…the pirates seem to pride each other on goading the soldiers as they pass each other, and you can hear “curses for *all* pirates” coming out from under the soldier’s caps as they pass you on their way back to move more...

    Black Toothed Bart and Twitchy Joe, initially giving a heavily distracted and questionably appropriate tour of the area to Arno (and a trailing, “guess you’re headed this way too” Oak, if they knew it), have broken into an argument, but over the rain, it’s hard to hear about what. Their plan was to show you aboard-ship briefly and then join the party at the Schooner, but the severity of the storm seems to have convinced the duo it might be best just to head straight there. They give happy shouts of recognition to their fellow crew mates over the storm as you approach where The Curse is tied up.

    nykux9virght.png

    A curious gentleman with an umbrella and a cane stands out in the middle of the docks, exchanging a few kind words and inquiries with some of the soldiers as they pass. When he isn’t engaging the crew transporting the boxes, he’s watching the ocean churn, closing his eyes and letting the rain whip his face as he leans on the cane. Some of the pirates nearby cast each other looks, confused, seemingly wondering if the strange gentleman is an easy mark, or maybe some kind of damaged. For whatever reason, this combination seems to ensure that the gentleman is left alone- the pirates avoid him, have eventually just started to ignore him. The soldiers seem to know who he is, though.

    db5xbv3tbrsc.png

    What happens next none of you present will ever forget. The water begins to ripple far away, but you begin to notice it almost immediately…the docks begin to shake and swing faster on the sea, creaking in unnatural ways. Water, truckloads of it, begins to hit in steady and increasingly heavy waves upon the shore. Sailors, soldiers, pirates, all stop their movement, forget the storm….look to the ocean. A *mountain* of water rises from a vortex about half a mile out…and cascades down heavily, roiling the waters. A figure emerges into the early-evening storm and *ROARS*…

    xihiwniz9i7u.png

    The waves are growing in intensity every second. Bart and Joe turn to Arno in a panic, appear to yell “*Run*!”, and their canter towards the Schooner turns into a frantic *bolt*. Rolling off the vortex created by the emerging creature, growing mountains of water are about to slam into the docks….

    [Oak and/or Arno may make a History or Nature Check to identify the creature. Please follow this up with either an Athletics or Acrobatics or Strength check, in anticipation of the coming waves…however, If your PC has a better solution for the incoming tidal wave beyond “prepare to swim quick” or “grab something and hang on for dear life” (and I *know* they probably do!), now is the time to ask!]

    Glal
  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    "Wow..." Arno is taken by the beast, his love of the wild and new grappling with his very natural and instinctual fear. Her love wins out, as she immediately moves closer to get a better look.

    As she runs up, she finds herself near the curious gentleman, just as the waves are about to crash. The waves of water are immense, but Arno seems to remember something he...heard about, or maybe saw. Maybe she heard about it and dreamed seeing it? Either way, the image of grey beareded human raising his hands, gathering a mighty wind, and parting the sea is clear. Arno casts Gust...

    0brq2yyrle06.jpg

    geth roll 1d20+1 for Nature

    geth roll 1d20+2 for athletics


    Nature:
    1d20+1 3 [1d20=2]
    athletics:
    1d20+2 12 [1d20=10]

    AustinP0027mrpaku
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Oak

    Oak follows the others because he has overheard they are headed to the same place he is. He doesn't necessarily come close to them to fully engage, but he doesn't hang back far enough that it seemed odd he was traveling the same direction. He made the connection that these were likely future crew mates, and he should try to engage in learning their names at least.

    But all of that was lost in the moment as an enormous creature barrels out of the water and unleashing a giant wave towards the docks. Oak doesn't hesitate as he knows the water will completely overwhelm them. He runs for a nearby post, the large wooden structure that would have been sunk into the ground below in order to support the dock structure they stood on. As he reaches it, he quickly attempts to whip a rope around it and himself, attempting to lash himself to it in order to keep from being washed away. As he does, he sees the other crew member from the shop standing and raising his hands. Oak only closes his eyes to brace for the impact of the water.


    Geth, roll 1d20-1 for Nature
    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Athletics

    Nature:
    1d20-1 7 [1d20=8]
    Athletics:
    1d20+5 12 [1d20=7]

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited September 25
    THE LOONY SCHOONER (Urixes, Jack, Irah)

    The sun is setting, if you could tell in all the gray…this group gets lucky, and *just* arrives to shelter as the storm truly hits. As you come in through the front door of The Schooner, the happy-hour and staying-the-night crowds are also arriving. The tension hanging in the air is *palpable*. Patrons press against the glass in most places, sipping their beers quietly with white knuckled hands… nervously pretending they aren’t more scared about the storm than they are. Windows cracking and the howling winds are met with nervous, overcompensating laughter, and stories of stronger storms in other times, in childhood, or heard from ancestors…

    Some play darts. Some shoot pool. Everyone here seems varying levels of “nervous” or “trying to seem like I’m not nervous”. The soldiers, (maybe you saw a few as you came in), are paying their tabs and heading out. *They* know this place doesn’t belong to them tonight, and…with a strange, unspoken kind of respect, have seemingly given the buccaneers their night to live it up, unhindered…

    jfctsrez3eid.png

    Arriving at the front desk to make your reservation or order your drink, you run into *this* pair hovering over the check-in area. They give you all a once over, and pretty much *immediately* lose interest in favor of the conversation they were having before you arrived:

    ccahut0j3ubr.png

    “…I kood *fvrankly* geev two *sheets*,” the Tiefling exclaims, deeply uninterested in the conversation at hand, and minutely examining her nails.

    2gmra2kn24s0.png

    “…cute. That’s *very* cute. You know that, right? About your little, “big-girl-doesn’t-care” *BULLSHIT*? *Please* know, that *no one* finds this little act more amusing than *I* do…every-*fucking*-time you do it.”

    The Tiefling looks up from her nails pointedly; stares into space, *sighs* with a fatalistic kind-of exasperation….goes back to her nails, “Go *faahk* yourself, Captain.”

    “Keelhauled. Thrown overboard. Pulled apart, bit by bit by *fucking-bit*. And we *both* know I could do it, too, *Quartermaster*,” the tall, regal woman proclaims with no small bit of *wrath* towards the Tiefling. “…Can’t fucking *believe* you didn’t book the entire place. Where the *fuck* was your head at?”

    “Faaking your father,” The Tiefling replies cheerily.

    The Fox Gang have just barged into the Schooner, raucous and belligerent already. They hail the Captain loudly, obnoxiousl; drunk as *lords* before the sun has set. Both the Captain and the Tiefling turn to each other and roll their eyes in mutual distaste.

    “Sorry bout’ the delay, Cap’n!” Shin slurringly attempts to explain. “There was sem’ Frogs, an…”

    “…You had *one* job today, Shin. You were *supposed* to talk to Mr. Edgar.” A heavy silence hangs. “...*Did* you? Talk to Mr. Edgar….Shin?”

    “….I mean…”

    “FUCK you, Shin. *YOU*,” she points at the grinning Fiver. “CHUCKLE-FUCK…stick those *awful* things back in your mouth.” Fiver’s grin disappears, almost instantaneously. “…Fiver,*you* know I dream about making soup out of you, right?...We’re lost as sea…haven’t had a meal in days…and I get to stretch your *creepy*,” here she throws and hits Fiver in the head with the pen being used for check-in.. “*ass* out on a rack, and use you to feed the crew, RIGHT?” Fiver looks at his companions for help, who look back at him, but not in the eyes. They all at once turn towards the Captain in prostration. She sighs, and is done. “**You* owe the crew some drinks,…now* fuck off*!” The Fox Crew scatters back towards the VIP area.

    The bartender/innkeeper has already told the Captain and Quartermaster that he is attempting to fulfill their request…. Harried but professional, he turns and attempts to assist Urixes, Jack and Irah . “Two more rooms left!” he says. “Place filled up quick tonight! We kept a couple open for tourists, but the rest of the place is packed full of pirates!”

    “Fucking *bullshit*,” the Captain says, slamming a fist on the counter and scaring the innkeeper.

    “’Tis, it rilly *iz*!”agrees the Tiefling.

    Suddenly, outside, you hear a cacophonous sound coming from the docks. The windows and floor are beginning to pulse and rock. People press themselves against the window, most watching in a kind of quiet awe at what they see….

    [At this point, the people currently arriving at the Schooner have a choice….you may run out to the docks and see what’s happening, or remain safely inside. This choice will not be easy…helping may assist Oak and Arno, but may subsequently have a negative effect on your PCs evening. That being said….Urixes, due to your current HP, *you* take one level of Exhaustion *immediately*, giving you a -1 disadvantage on all ability checks until your next rest. Urixes, Jack, Irah…please let me know if you remain inside the Schooner or dash out into the storm, towards screams for help…]

    mrpaku on
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited September 25
    Arno

    The "Gust" spell creates a temporary bubble around Arno and the Odd Gentleman just as the wave crashes upon you... you both temporarily sit in an artificial air bubble...the odd gentleman turns to you, confused....and then the angry waters *puncture* the bottom of your bubble...in a riptide effect, you and the Gentleman are suddenly *shot* out to sea... clinging to each other in the violent spray, you have one chance to catch onto something solid before being swept out to sea... (make an appropriate check here unless you want to try something different)

    Oak

    You got the rope down in time, but only *barely.* The waters crash over you. And again and again. And again. (Oak takes one level of exhaustion). Soaked to the bone, you open your eyes for a second...Arno and the Gentleman are clutching each other, being swept out to sea.*violently* in front of you..

    mrpaku on
  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    Jack walks through the door and shakes his head, dislodging the few raindrops that fell on him just as he walked in, "Ooh, luuucky~!" he singsongs, looking about the place, "Huh, busier than I was expecting. Good thing I already had a room..."

    He starts crossing the room, slows down, then stops as the captain's yelling dominates the space. He leans towards Irah, "Um. Is she our cap'n, then? She sounds like a cap'n." Mouthing a 'thank you!' to her he takes the rest of his stuff from the barbarian's arms and begins taking it to his room when the noise hits.

    OOC: Before he reacts I'd like to know if either the captain or Irah say/do anything, as that would affect what he would do.
    Also, my love for Geena Davis transcends any problems Cutthroat Island has. <3

    mrpaku
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    ((probably go attempt to punch the leviathan, but I'm out and need to get home first))

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    ((Okay, i'm home. Apologeis for the clipped posting here, i'm not feeling very good physically))

    Irah is going to go brave the storm and rescue anyone in need, with a priority on her crew mates. if jack wants to come and help, that's great, otherwise she'll head out and Alkono will play spotter. She's tough, fast and strong so standing up to the waves and plucking out people in need should be easy enough for her.

    ((Let me know what, if any rolls i need to do for this, and we'll go from there))

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
    mrpaku
  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    OOC: Get better, bud! <3

    Jack stares out the window with his mouth open, "Do... do you see that??" Irah is already charging for the door, "I guess that's a yes? Wait for me, wait for me..." He sprints to his room and bodily throws the pile of stuff into it, grabs his longbow and backpack and runs back out once more, wishing he had the time to put his new armour on.

    Pushing past the gawping pirates he mutters, "If you've time to gawk maybe help out?" out loud as he 'burrows' his way through the crowd and pops out near the door, the blowing wind enough to get him soaking wet before he's even past the frame.

    "Irah! Wai..." Ahem. "IRAH, WAIT FOR ME!" Run, slip, stumble, run, run.

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Oak

    With his eyes clamped shut, Oak is battered around by the force of the wave. His hands grip tight, however, and he is able to keep himself attached to the post, though physically exhausted from doing so. As he feels the wave subside, he releases one hand on the rope, brushing the wet, matted hair out of his face, only to see two people being swept out to sea. Yelling in surprise, Oak takes off down the dock towards them, pulling the rope into his hands as he runs. "Heeeey." he yells loudly, "Catch it!".

    Oak throws the rope towards the pair, wrapping an end around his hand to prepare to hold tight should they manage to grab it.

    OOC: Assuming an athletics roll for this? Also, is your exhaustion a -1 to skill roll like listed above or is it disadvantage on skill roll?

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited September 25
    OOC: -1 to skill roll. If you would normally roll a +3 in this case, roll a +2, ECT

    mrpaku on
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Geth, roll 1d20+4 for Athletics (throw a rope!)

    Athletics (throw a rope!):
    1d20+4 10 [1d20=6]

  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    Urixes shakes his head at the storm, the massive waves, the chaos outside. "Not tonight," he grumbles, taking a mug and a plate and heading to his room. "Let someone else play hero for a while. I'm going to bed."

    (...)

    AustinP0027mrpaku
  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    Arno's ankles are pulled from under her, along with the gentleman. Foam and water whipping about their faces, being dragged to the dark and perilous sea, potentially fated to be the meal of a sea creature, Arno looks at the gentleman and managed to gasp:

    "I'm here to rescue you!"

    Oh, is that a rope?

    Geth roll 1d20+2 for athletes

    athletes:
    1d20+2 12 [1d20=10]

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    [Partner had a bit of a health scare today and all my attention needed to be here at home. Apologies for the delay, but when I get back in front of my computer (probably as early as this evening), I promise an update for every single one of you. Thanks for your patience!]

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Take your time! Personal life/health comes first!

    mrpakuzekebeauDenadaThe Zombie PenguinGlalSleep
  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    OOC: I don't actually want to miss the action, so I've asked our kind DM to nudge me outside to help. Rest assured Urixes will scowl about this, but he can't truly ignore the situation. Hopefully some thankful townsfolk will toss a coin to our witcher warlock before the night is over.

    mrpaku
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited September 26
    FAR AESTON DOCKS (NIGHT)

    ARNO

    Their fingers miss the rope…it pulls back again in the whipping current…they grasp, maybe even shifting slightly to make it this time. Grabs it, just by the fingertips…holds steady, but only just barely as the water whips violently around them (Arno takes 1 point of exhaustion)

    The gentleman has only just caught the very end of the rope, another yard out or so, and is quickly losing his grip. Panicked, he reaches out his hand to Arno. As Arno says, “I’m here to rescue you!”, you distinctly see the Gentleman reflect for half an instant…pleadingly, he looks into Arno’s eyes and attempts to yell a message over the storm...then his hand falters, and he begins to instantly slip away…

    [Arno can make an Athletics or Strength Check to either climb the rope towards Oak, or grab for the Gentleman. She likely can’t do both unless Arno thinks of something creative quick. You can also make an Insight Roll if you think Arno heard the Gentleman over the storm. In addition, regardless of your roll, Arno has somehow grabbed one of the following items in their attempt to save the Gentleman: Fancy Hat or Dark Oak Cane]

    OAK

    They’ve caught the rope, but barely…or just one of them has...it’s pretty hard to make out anything at this distance in the storm. The rain soaks Oak to the bone, but he leans back on the rope and endures…grits in steely determination. A sudden strange blast of wind grabs a stray barrel and lifts it sideways, hurls it incidentally at Oak.

    Geth roll 1d4 for “Monkey Business”

    After taking the barrel hit, you feel the sudden jerk on the rope as Arno catches it, and almost at the same moment you see a large wicker basket roll by aimlessly on the water…a pair of furry legs kicking out from behind it…the basket will roll by you soon and disappear into the maelstrom, but Arno may not have that long…

    [Oak takes 1d4 damage for the barrel. He can also make a Strength or Athletics check to either pull in Arno the rest of the way, or save the furry kicking basket. He likely can’t do both unless he thinks of something creative quick!]

    Monkey Business:
    1d4 1 [1d4=1]

    mrpaku on
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited September 26
    FAR AESTON DOCKS (NIGHT-JUST OUTSIDE THE SCHOONER- URIXES, JACK, IRAH)

    The Captain and Quartermaster march out either just behind, just beside you, or just in front of you…anyone to tell the tale later would weave a different version of the following events…

    ewfvn269cmzf.png

    People are scurrying like rats towards any solid land to be found in the storm. Most have escaped to safety, but a lot of the soldiers and pirates have gotten gradually eaten by the tides, and are being swept out to sea....

    “Holy *sheet*,” the Tiefling reverently exclaims. “…Captain, we need to…”

    “Yes. Now. Go. Fucking…..go! YOU,” she points at the three of you. “You too, rooks!…Training Day starts 12 hours early, folks, now let’s fucking *GO*”. The Captain and the Quartermaster sprint down to the end of the docks, and start hurling lengths of rope into the water, attempting to shoot the lines out as far as they can as they yell for their crewmates and the soldiers to grab hold. As soon as the three of you run up, you hear the Captain whispering a quiet melody….it seems to be some kind of…lullaby?... under her breath, then the area around the five of you gives a whoosh, and suddenly you’re standing in a dry, small space, out in the middle of the wild storm

    [Captain Ari casts Tiny Hut around the Group!]

    “Help out!” the Captain yells over her shoulder at you. “Grab a line! See if there are any wounded!” Outside the bubble, a sudden section of the Schooner’s roof loudly snaps, cracks….falls off and crashes into the section of dock you just stepped over.

    “…Or,…Take care of that!’ the Captain suggests.

    “*Or*…,” the Tiefling huffs, struggling under the weight of the rope. She looks over at Irah…nods at a spare length of rope nearby….and then a large chunk of rock, about twenty feet away in the water, sitting right in the middle of a churn of the group being-swept-to-sea. “…How good ’you with that anchor?”

    [Urixes, Jack, and Irah sit in a magic Tiny Hut with the Captain and Quartermaster as the storm rages around them all. Any of you may participate in Holding the Ropes, Search and Rescue, or Clearing of Wreckage as you see fit (please make an appropriate roll). If your character has any better idea of how to help, or magic to contribute instead, let me know your alternative contribution. Additionally…the Quartermaster has suggested Irah could theoretically toss and hook her Anchor Wepaon into the off-shore rock and create a solid line for soldiers to catch onto, thus freeing up effort for the rescuers. But that would have to be one *hell* of a shot]

    mrpaku on
  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    edited September 26
    The storm rages, Arno sees the gentleman's lips move, trying to make sense over the roaring waves, and then...he's gone. The only thing left his incredible hat.

    Arno will not be swept away as well. He feels a surge of strength brought on by desperation, and moves toward Oak.

    OCC: burning inspiration take the highest

    geth roll 1d20+3-1 for insight [plus 5 if perception would be okay to use instead]

    geth roll 1d20+2-1 for athletics

    geth roll 1d20+2-1 for inspired athletics

    insight [plus 5 if perception would be okay to use instead]:
    1d20+3-1 15 [1d20=13]
    athletics:
    1d20+2-1 8 [1d20=7]
    inspired athletics:
    1d20+2-1 19 [1d20=18]

    zekebeau on
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    ((I wanna be clear, i'm in no risk of loosing my anchor if i do that, yes?))

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
    mrpaku
  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    Jack is looking particularly scrawny with his clothes completely drenched through, grabbing for Irah a couple of times to stop himself getting blown away. He's yelling something to her, but it's lost to the storm until the spell springs into being, "...XCITING, HUH?" More quietly, "Oh."

    Watching the hustle and bustle around him he pauses, then nods. Smart wolf time. Taking his hempen rope, working on the assumption that lighter is better, he ties one end to his waist and the other to an arrow, before puuuuulling back an arrow, aiming to shoot it as far as possible across his target and have it drop down over them.

    OCC: I don't actually know if this would realistically work, but Jack isn't the sharpest pencil in the bunch. Maybe an additional STR check to see how far he gets it?

  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    "Heads up!" It's unlikely anyone outside the bubble can actually hear him over the storm.

    Geth, roll 1d20+3 for Placing The Shot
    Geth, roll 1d20-1 for Being a Bollard

    Placing The Shot:
    1d20+3 6 [1d20=3]
    Being a Bollard:
    1d20-1 17 [1d20=18]

Sign In or Register to comment.