[D&D 5E] "The Curse"- Villam

13468926

Posts

  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    OOC: That is the roll I failed? Yeesh...

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    edited September 26
    Oak

    Oak grunts as he struggles to maintain his grip on the rope. They had grabbed the other end, but he still needed to pull them in before either the rope broke or someone's grip slipped.

    He almost loses his balance as a barrel crashes into him, but it only pushes his determination harder to hang onto the line. With a yell, he sets the rope over his shoulder, turning to pull away from the edge of the docks, his legs pushing him at an angle away from the ground as he uses his full body as leverage to reel these two back in.

    OOC:Going into a rage.

    Edit: I need to find a list of Geth roll commands....

    Geth, roll 2d20kh+2 for Str(Rage) check

    AustinP0027 on
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Geth, roll 1d20+2 check 1
    Geth, roll 1d20+2 check 2

    check 1:
    1d20+2 6 [1d20=4]
    check 2:
    1d20+2 17 [1d20=15]

  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    "Impressive," Urixes grunts at the captain, appreciating the sudden space of calm in the storm. He starts by scanning around him, looking for anyone that could grab a rope and be hauled in. At the same time, he summons another tentacle to begin knocking away debris from the deck if the ship. Almost as an afterthought, he opens his mind, listening for anything out there in the waves that might speak...

    OOC: I'll start with a Perception check to spot any survivors, then I'd like to use Grasp of the Deep to start clearing away debris if that's acceptable. The tentacle remains for up to a minute. Finally I'd like to use my other feature, Scion of the Deep, to see if there are any aberrations, beasts, elementals, or monstrosities with an innate swimming speed within 120 feet if me. If there are, I can telepathically communicate with them.

    Geth, roll 1d20 for Perception

    Perception:
    1d20 13 [1d20=13]

    mrpaku
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited September 26
    ARNO

    The gentleman catches the very end of the rope for half a second more. His eyes are pleading. You hear him yell out to you over the storm, can only make out some of the words (for Arno’s eyes only)
    “…ess’innek! *The map is more than a map*!...”

    And then the fancy gentleman is sucked away by the current, out to sea, leaving behind only his feathered cap. Clutching the hat, Arno begins the hard, slow climb, hand over hand up the rope towards Oak…

    [Arno, add one Fancy Hat to your inventory please]

    OAK

    The kicking basket is smacked out to sea, swallowed by an incoming wave…you lose track of it, and then suddenly it’s gone. With a hard-to-witness, determined ferocity, Oak begins gathering handfuls of rope back into his arms at a time, yelling in exertion as he bodily drags Arno out of the water with an obscene strength. Arno finally collapses on the docks next to Oak, panting, soaked…clutching the gentleman’s hat in their hands. They’re safe…you both are! But at what cost?

    [Arno and Oak's joint efforts have saved Arno from the water! On their next turn, they may move to join the rest of the group in the Tiny Hut. They won’t be able to get any further than that currently, due to the blocking wreckage. If either wishes to cast useful spells as they head over to the rest of the crew, search for other survivors, ECT, between now and when you get over to Urixes, Jack, and Irah, this would be the time]

    mrpaku on
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Irah grabs her anchor, grabs the rope, ties it on, and then grins fiercly. once more her braids start standing on end and flying wildly, even though she's holding still.

    Then with a mighty throw, she hurls her anchor out to provide a saftey line for people

    Geth roll 1d20+5 for StrAthletics

    ((OOC: I'd rage for advantage, but rage falls off if you dont take a hit/do damage, and spending my rage JUST to get advantage when we might still have a fight seems questioanble at best))

    StrAthletics:
    1d20+5 16 [1d20=11]

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited September 26
    JACK

    The shot flies beautifully, arcs directly into the spot you’d wanted to get it, dead-center of all these desperately swimming pirates and sailors. Jack digs his heels into the wood, steadies himself and slowly begins to pull the rope in…huh? That’s weird…you’re not positive, but you think every time you pull the rope in, you can hear a faint scream. You give the rope another jerk…yeah, there it is again. Probably just a coincidence. Well, back to it…

    [Tiny Jack is s-l-o-w-l-y hauling in the rope tied around himself. On each end of him, the Quartermaster and Captain each have a rope they are also struggling to pull in right now. All three ropes have shivering, desperate people clinging to them every few feet, attempting but mostly failing to fight against the pull of the tide and get to shore]

    URIXES

    Urixes peers around. The crashing debris doesn’t seem to have pinned anyone. Those two terrified pirates who passed you on your way out here seem to have been the last to get away…everyone else seems to be dealing as best they can aboard a ship, or as part of the roil of scared people swimming and grabbing the ropes in the ocean just in front of you. Wait…no, over there, where the large man is pulling a wet bundle to safety…looks like they’re about to lose someone…

    As Urixes looks around for the people caught out here, he uses his innate power to summon a spectral tentacle from the boards of the dock. This tentacle rears back, begins to slam against the wreckage trapping you out here, like an angry whipping noodle…

    [Urixes please roll a 1d8 as your tentacle attempts to clear the wreckage]

    As the tentacle slams, Urixes focuses, sends his mind elsewhere, searching...
    7cytt7l63yth.png

    Water friends! These guys are lurking deep out in the roil somewhere, trying to hide in the dust so as not to catch the giant creature’s attention. There are three of them, roughly nearby each other. They perk up, confused, when they feel Urixes peering into their heads.

    IRAH

    The anchor rockets out like a bullet, smacks the rock dead on. For a second the anchor twists, the rope begins to peel off the rock… looks like it’s going to pull away. Then in a breath the anchor abruptly snags, *catches*. Over the storm you can hear the Quartermaster whistle, impressed. The Captain curses triumphantly. At once and without a word or look, both women begin to slowly wrench their ropes in the direction of Irah’s line. Eventually, all three lines will be a few feet apart in the water, turning what were three individual, rough ladders in a more of an escalator back to the shore, as the surivors steady themselves on the center rope while pulling/being pulled up the side rope…

    [Nearly all survivors have been rescued as of the next round. Anyone nearby can help on ropes to make absolutely sure. Currently, at least one survivor is heavily wounded. However, the wreckage still traps you out here at the moment. Every player also gains 25 experience, because there wasn’t a single one of you who didn’t just act like a *badass* in that last segment…good stuff, everybody!]

    mrpaku on
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Oak

    Oak collapses onto the dock as he lifts Arno out of the water, his adrenaline fading now that the immediate danger had passed, and reality suddenly setting in. The legs stick outbid that basket, he had been unable to save them. And the other man with Arno, also now missing.

    "C'mon." He rasps out, "We need to get out of here." He forces himself to his feet, feeling the pain of rope burn in his hands. The he reaches down and grabs Arno under the armpits, hoisting him up and leading him over towards the tiny hut.

  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    Jack huffs, Jack puffs, Jack narrowly avoids a cliche, his feet digging into the wet dock as the survivors are hauled in. All things considered things have gone pretty well! Those pained screams are a concern, he hopes someone is ready to help that poor soul! Must've bashed themselves on a rock or something. Right, back to PULL!ing!

  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    "Over there!" Urixes yells, pointing to the body he spotted still struggling. He'd grab a rope himself, but his strength lies mostly in the supernatural.

    Hoping that someone sees what he was indicating, he turns his attention to the wreckage and his mind to the sea...
    Urixes addresses all three sea creatures: We need help. Do you see any humans? Can you get them to shore without being eaten?

    At the same moment, in a dazzling display of metaphysical multitasking, he hurls an eldritch bolt at the wreckage, trying to break up whatever the tentacle can't get to.

    Geth, roll 1d8 for Tentacle Damage
    Geth, roll 1d10 for Eldritch Bolt

    Tentacle Damage:
    1d8 1 [1d8=1]
    Eldritch Bolt:
    1d10 9 [1d10=9]

    mrpaku
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    URIXES

    Most of this crew are putting their full backs into their ropes, too distracted to stop and look right now. The Captain does, though, turns to see where Urixes is pointing…looks back immediately at her laden rope. She shakes her hand sadly at Urixes. Too far now, you can read her lips.

    Urixes follows up the spectral wallop from the appendage with a devastating crush of eldritch energy against the wreckage. He hears some surprised sounds coming from the other side as the spell fully discharges. Then resumed attempts at digging, slamming, hammering…there are people on the other side of the wreckage, attempting to do the same thing you’re doing right now- get you free. You can hear voices attempting to shout reassurance of a speedy rescue, just hold on another…

    Urixes’s mind eye draws him back:
    One of the creatures is frightened to senselessness, it’s heart twittering. “No no, nonono,” it keeps repeating. It probably won’t be of much help

    The second one, younger and intrigued at all the new strangeness tonight, pipes up at your voice- hesitates, and then bravely swims out a few yards to look. “There. Human. Bright. Dropping.”

    The third one comes out from behind his rock to look…he sees the man dropping too. “Help?” It asks the second. “Help,” the second seahorse replies.

    They both wait a full three seconds, as long and meaty tentacles from the giant sea beast brush past the area, headed leisurely southeast….then, in the moment where they clear and the dust shifts again, they both dart through the swirling waters. Urixes can see, at a great distance, the Gentleman dropping slowly into the ocean…the seahorses zip through falling and churning garbage, damaged kelp strands, the Gentleman gets closer and closer….and then the connection *snaps*, severed by distance...

    Urixes is standing back on the dock. Try as he might, he cannot establish a connection with the sea horses again.

  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    Arno spits out a mouth full of seawater. "I can't wait until I can be a fish."

    Holding tight the fancy hat, Arno looks for the injured that have been moved to safer areas. With a wave 10 goodberries appear, and he begins spreading healing to the most wounded.

    Geth roll 1d20+3 for medical triage.

    medical triage:
    1d20+3 8 [1d20=5]

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    THE DOCKS (YOU ALL; EVERYBODY)

    The ropes, assisted by you lot, slowly come in. People begin to pull themselves up onto the planks. Some are healthier than others at this point, and after regaining their composure, get up to help the group as best they can. After that, the whole process is over fairly quickly.

    Jack’s rope comes in snagged on something…a screaming pirate, as luck would have it, the arrow shot fully through his left arm at the shoulder. (Anyone who opens the spoiler should probably make a constitution check for if their character got sick or not if they saw this. You don’t have to do it in thread, you can do it privately; we all trust each other here. It’s a pretty grisly situation, and the crowd looks away…)
    That pirate’s arm was your anchor on the other end. The bolt stuck right into the shoulder, and between the waves and Jack’s dragging him in, the damage is gruesome, and probably irreparable. His arm hangs on by a sickeningly thin thread

    The man is shaking, incoherent. The Quartermaster crouches down with her knife, sawing off the bolt to free him. Arno and Oak have just arrived inside the Tiny Hut. Arno immediately runs over and crouches down, pressing a goodberry into his mouth, working his jaw for him in his delirium. The Captain shoots Jack a murderous look as she starts gathering the other survivors together.

    With a sudden shaking and then a crash, the wreckage is cleared. As it all begins to drift off into the ocean, help pours in. One woman in particular, clearly a member of the House of Healing, joins Arno and the Quartermaster at the wounded pirate.

    ngva52u39omg.png

    “…he’s gonna lose that arm if we don’t do something right now…,” she quietly says to the makeshift medic crew. “*Help me get this man up!” she yells to some of the volunteers. She cups her hands and shouts at the waterlogged sitting there and coming ashore, “If you are sick, wounded, in need of assistance…please make your way to the House of Healing! These people will help you find your way!” With the help of three of the volunteers, they lift the wounded pirate and quickly carry him to the House of Healing. A good half of the survivors seem to be joining her…the other half, pirates all, have decided that their troubled evening may best be recovered from at the Loony Schooner…

    “We have to check the ship,” The Captain says to the Quartermaster, who nods and is already on her way. She then turns to your group. “Thank you. That was good work from…*most* of you,” she shoots Jack a pointed look. “If you’re sick or damaged, you should listen to Sister Mary, and head to The House…otherwise…there was supposed to be a party at the Schooner tonight. If it’s still there and not blown all to shit, I would assume the party’s still on.” She strides over to follow her Quartermaster, turns back before she leaves to give you a wry grin. “…oh, and welcome aboard “The Whispered Curse!”

    [It will be assumed that everyone in the next scene leaves to head into the Loony Schooner. If you would prefer for some reason to leave with Sister Mary’s group for the House of Healing instead, please say so now. The group each gain 150 experience for surviving their very rough day in Far Aeston. The Loony Schooner is shortly incoming, and will be a chance for your group to first meet, stretch your role-playing legs and get to know each other, and maybe win some cash and/or prizes during the pirate celebration, as other mysteries about your voyage emerge throughout the evening…]

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    THE LOONY SCHOONER

    The group arrives, completely drenched, inside The Loony Schooner. The door is pulled open for you by Twitchy Joe and Black-toothed Bart…literally everyone has been watching fascinated out the windows at the excitement outside, and Joe and Bart here have gotten more than a bit of attention from claiming to know you all personally. The tavern gives a loud *HUZZAH* to you as you come in, as the patrons, mostly pirates and your future crewmates, all raise their drinks.

    mddrn5jkq8oy.png

    The man running the place greets you to the Loony Schooner in-between carrying drinks on serving tray back and forth, and informs the group that the two free rooms that were left upstairs are *theirs* for the evening. They’ve been paid for collectively from your crewmates already, having just witnessed your heroics. You’re all seen as pretty big heroes (by most) this evening.

    As you all settle into your table, there is *a lot* to take in around you…

    hcj2b6jzky3z.png

    [Alright folks, the party is finally all together, and you’ve finally arrived at the Loony Schooner for the night. Please take this opportunity to truly meet, maybe get to know each other some, and roleplay what your PC would be doing at a pirate, “gone-to-sea-for-months” blowout event. Story events will occur throughout the evening, but I’m gonna try to let you guys go at your own pace as you all find your group rhythm during this “Avengers Assemble” introductory bit. There will also be lots of events your PCs may (or may not!) choose to engage in- all of them contain the potential for cash, prizes, and/or exp. The events around you that you see occurring include: Arm Wrestling, Five-Finger Fillet, A Push Up Competition, Darts, Cards, Dice, A Drinking Contest, A Tall-Tale Competition. People are also discussing recent events in town, including the just-now off-shore sea behemoth, the Governor’s retirement, someone named Baron Reynard's disappearance, the Whispered Curse's departure, and the recent Lizardfolk Unrest. Also, people suffering exhaustion (or anyone else!) may benefit from listening to the Travelling Singer who is performing here this evening, or they may choose to accept one of the questionably colored and foul smelling drinks that all the pirates are aggressively pressing into your hands, for celebration, or “what ails’ya!”. These drinks will cure your exhaustion, but will require a Constitution check of 16 or higher- otherwise your character becomes *immediately* inebriated.]

    GlalAustinP0027
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Oak

    Oak wanders into the Schooner, happy to just escape the rain. He was tired but more so that he was mentally exhausted. He wanted to get off his feet, and find a warm spot by the fire before he could think of getting a drink or exploring the tavern more.

    A few people nodded to him and grunted, those that had seen him around town today but mostly he was uninterrupted as he found a warm seat to lower himself into. A pirate set a drink down in front of him without a word, and Oak nodded his thanks silently. But, he let it sit for a moment, and just listened to the sounds of the tavern singer as his eyes surveyed the room.

    mrpaku
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    The crowd gives a lusty, drunken cheer as the band finishes the song. A brief hush occurs now, as The Travelling Singer steps upon the dias and the band prepare their instruments...

  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Irah clears a space on the floor, and then draws a rough circle around her using Minor Illusion.

    "Right. Come on if you think you're hard enough!" she announces to the tavern in general. She's not drunk at all tonight - clearly playing the long game by keeping herself sober.

    (She's challenging any and all to some wrestling basically - i'm imaging opposed strength athletics check to try and throw each other out of the circle)

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
    mrpaku
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    ((@mrpaku - feel free to invent some npcs for me to totally thrash too))

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Oak

    Oak closes his eyes as the singer transitions to a softer song. He lets the melancholy notes wash over him and calm his mind. The storm that was rolling in his head calmed, his muscles relaxed, and he finally shakes off the remnants of battle.

    He takes a deep breath, and opens his eyes again. His attention was drawn to another pirate who had drawn a circle and began to challenge everyone else. Oak watches for now, curious to see who from his future crew will step up.


    OOC: I know rage technically ended already but taking the moment to RP it here since it won't affect anything.

    mrpaku
  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    Arno is dazed by the lights, and cheers, and the drinks pushed into her hands. The first few moments in a crowd were always jarring, and a small bit of him wanted to head back out to the storm and enjoy the simple gusts of wind and rain. But, looking at the glass in hand, there were some benefits to civilized land. Shifting to half-elf form, Arno slips back into the easy patter of small talk folks always enjoyed.

    "How about this weather, am I right? Crazy out there."

    Walking over to the traveling singer, the notes smooth and ease the trauma of the evening. Once relaxed, Arno realizes there are some questions still running in his mind. What was that thing, and what would it do next? Who was the poor man who's hat was now in Arno's hand, and why did it feel so important to know more? Just what made something a tall tale, she'd heard plenty of great stories from halflings in her travels.

    Arno starts looking for answers to that middle question first, donning his fancy headgear:

    "Hey there, I'm looking for the head that usually resides in this hat. Seems I lost it to a sea monster, and I'd like it to be with it's family."

    What happened with that sea monster, did it just swim away? Is it waiting in the bay like a video game boss, waiting for a spikey haired protagonist to arrive with an improbably large sword? Also, Improbably large sword is now the name of my AC/DC cover band.

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Irah

    There's idle chattering and speculation... some heckling, but not much considering the sheer audacity... suddenly, from a dark and whispering corner, a challenger seemingly emerges....

    w6a5pdzhtydc.png

    Laughs come from the back corners... sarcastic whoops emerge from the crowd...and then your presumed-to-be competitor is pushed aside, as your real challenger brushes boldy past him, removing his shirt and twirling it over his head, waving lovingly to the cheers-ing crowd as he goes...

    gmcdfsqnkdjb.png

    His shirt hits the back row to resounding cheers. He smiles sweetly up at Irah, bends and bows. "Madame...your form is positively *exquisite*," he commends Irah. His hands go up, in classic fisticuffs fashion. "...Shall we dance?"
    Unarmed Combat Notes- Instead of using a weapon to make a melee weapon Attack, you can use an Unarmed Strike: a punch, kick, head--butt, or similar forceful blow (none of which count as weapons). On a hit, an Unarmed Strike deals bludgeoning damage equal to 1 + your Strength modifier. You are proficient with your unarmed strikes.

    GlalAustinP0027
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    ARNO

    "... jus' crazy... it's once if a LIFETIME, mate...," Joe responds to Arno's question.

    "Yeah, they don't come this close to Far Aeston, do they?" says a slightly waterlogged mook.

    "...Naw, they've always left it alone... something about the barrier..." Comes a random voice from the back.

    "Wait, are we talking about that drey'gon, or the storm, right now?" asks a rookie at the table. The question is greeted by an awkward and extended silence.... people sup their drinks...

    Arno presenting the hat ends the conversation immediately.

    "Oh *shit*. Fuck" says Black-Toothed Bart. "Izzat....that's Baron Reynard's hat, innit?" A strange, hushed reverence suddenly falls over the table...

  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    "Ah, so that is the man's name. I did my best to save him, but sadly the rope slipped through his hands. When I reached out to grab him, this is the only thing that I was able to pull back. Can anyone tell me about Baron Reynard, that I may properly honor his memory?"

  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    OCC: I'm assuming I can still get in the tall tale competition after a little gathering of intel on Baron, right? And I was a bit unclear if it was two rolls or a choice between intellegence or charisma, so below are my rolls. If it was only supposed to be one roll, it's my perception. Prefer xp for reward.

    Tall tale competition:

    "I've actually not had much time on the sea, though I've seen a number of sights. I did a lot of guiding through the Senori forests, big lumber trade goes on there. Well one of the loggers, biggest fellow I've ever seen, a giant of a man. Mostly because he was an actual giant, though no one was quite sure of the type. Paulie had been found as a babe, and fed by the logging crew. As a baby he ate 26 eggs every morning, and it took 12 cows in rotation to keep him in milk. But by the time he was two, he was doing the work of three humans (which is the work of 2 and 1/8 dwarfs, to anyone keeping count)...

    So turns out Paulie didn't know any language other than common, so it was up to me to translate. Now, Orc and Goblin have a number of words in common, but it turns out the Goblin work for "safety" is actually the Orcish word for "quiche" which, as should be obvious at this point, lead to a misunderstanding that could only be solved through ritual combat to the death...

    Finally, we limped into the camp, got patched up, went to our bunks, and wouldn't you know it, when Paulie was taking off his boots, out fell the golden harp! And to this day, that's why I never cook with sherry."

    geth roll 1d20+5 for perception

    geth roll 1d20+4 for persuasion

    perception:
    1d20+5 24 [1d20=19]
    persuasion:
    1d20+4 9 [1d20=5]

    mrpaku
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    "my form ain't for the likes of you boy" Irah sneers. "And this is a wrestling match, not a fight" The moment he's in the ring, she goes for a grapple

    Geth roll 1d20+5

    ((Ooc he needs to roll str athletic or dexacro and beat irahs roll, or she's just going to grab him and chuck him right out of the ring))

    1d20+5 6 [1d20=1]

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    Upon entering the warm (and more importantly, dry) inn Jack shakeshakeshakes his head, showering those nearby with a fine mist of rain and seawater. Well, that was exciting! And exhausting, as he realises the moment the warmth of the room washes over him, his muscles complaining.

    Heading upstairs first he chucks his longbow and the rest of the adventuring stuff onto the ever growing pile, only bothering to take his 'social' stuff back with him. He doesn't even bother changing into a dry set of clothes, figuring the main room a good place for his current set to dry. There's a waft of wet dog around him as he returns to the hustle and bustle.

    There are games he recognises, but also some that are new to him. Gravitating to the latter he decides to check out what the Five-Fingered Fillet is all about. There's also a whole gold piece burning his pocket, yearning to be lost to gambling turned into riches!

    mrpakuEndless_Serpents
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited September 29
    The Whispered Curse

    In pitch blackness, below deck, Bern is in his nightgown and cap, barefoot in an inch of sea water. A couple of nails jutting from his lip, he hammers some wood over a little hole. The ship has faired better than all others nearby, and Bern likes to think he’s played a part in that.

    He finishes the job and takes a swing from his hip-flask.

    “Early night I think.”, he rumbles, patting the hull.

    Then he sings.

    “Blow high, blow low,
    the sails they go,
    no minister can help us!

    Blow high, blow low,
    the sails they go,
    our mothers nay’ll want us!

    Blow high, blow low,
    the sails they go...”

    He continues on into the dark until he’s snug in his hammock.

    1c4wd9yocupg.jpeg

    Endless_Serpents on
    mrpaku
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Mid-brawl, Irah yells across the room to Jack. "Over here pup! Come give me a wrestle after i deal with this boy!"

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    Urixes warms himself by the fire, listening to the soothing music and letting it take his soreness away. With eyes closed and another mug of something warm in his hands, his thoughts drift back to the sea, and his visions of a hastily attempted rescue. Did that person make it? Did those creatures survive? Was that leviathan still lurking out there? He wanted to go and get answers to those questions, but to do so alone, in this storm, already so exhausted, was a fool's errand.

    Instead he listens to the tall tales, sips his drink, and accepts the melancholy sense of lost opportunity at not speaking more to the man that wore that extravagant hat this morning. He didn't particularly want to carry on a conversation, but now he couldn't, and that sense of finality made him feel as though he had missed something.

  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    edited September 28
    Jack's attention is pulled away from the game. A way to demonstrate his amazing physical prowess to the masses? He's there!

    ((OOC:I'd still like to know the rules for Five-Fingered Fillet for after he gets thrashed!)))

    He makes his way over to the barbarian's brawl, just in time to see the lithe gentleman holding his own against her, "Oooh, he's a quick one. You sure you don't want your anchor for this one? I can go fetch it for you if you say please."
    Legs folding he sits himself on the floor by the edge of the 'arena', grinning from ear to ear and joining in with the rest of the cheering crowd.

    Glal on
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    "Pup, no. That would not be sporting"

    ((Admittedly, the mess it'd make would be hilarious))

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Oak

    After some time by the fire to warm his bones, and some melodies to warm his soul, Oak feels rejuvenated enough to want to move around the tavern and hopefully lighten up to match the revelry of everyone else here. He avoids the wrestling ring for the moment, as there seems to be a crowd lining up, and instead makes his way over to the arm wrestling that is happening. Oak stands on the side for a moment, watching those that would compete before finding an open seat across from a challenger. "I'll try your luck." he says gruffly.

    OOC: Assuming this will be a NPC for now, but also probably should know the rules before I do any rolling.

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited September 29
    ARNO

    A couple of seconds of confused and stilted silence occur before you get a more-or-less straight answer about Baron Reynard.

    “…well, don’t think he had any family, not at least as far as I know…”

    “…eck’cen’tric. Was kind of his whole thing, part n’ parcel, if’n y’think about it. Rich as any lord I’ve ever seen, but…?”

    “…Like, weirdly kind?”

    “Effing *daft*, I was gonna say.”

    “Hey now, you watch yer ass…that man bought me’ room one night, when I was outta my sorts.”

    “*Aye, an me!* *Stand up fella* Weirdest fucking bloke I’ve met, but…*”

    “He financed probably about…75% of this voyage we’re going on now, so I heard? Not his mighty former lordship, oh no, this strange little charitable bullshit chap two parts up his own ass, not even going for the treasure, innit for the discovery. Been kicking around the Expanse in one way or another…what, twenty-ish years?”

    …..

    (shortly, later, at the Tall Tale Competion…)

    Whoops and cheers meet the end of your story. Interested discussion breaks out among the crowd...

    “Ey, Samson’s brother works o'er in the Senori forest, don’t he? You e’re hear that one, Samson?”

    Samson is a massive, hulking brute of a man. He hasn’t piped up once during Arno’s tale. He smiles now. “Yeah….yeah, I *have* heard that one. The version I heard, he snuck his dead friend’s body back and buried the harp with it so he could dig it up later…and the sherry was white vinegar…think I prefer this version, honestly” he nods and throws a thumbs up at Arno. The crowd clangs beers at your rouser of a tale.

    [Arno gains 30 exp.]

    mrpaku on
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    IRAH

    He grunts in sudden surprise as you grab him boldy the very second he enters the ring..."*Hmmmphth!*... So forward, my lady, we've barely...," He coughs slightly, the air and a bit of the bravado knocked out of him already...but the smile returns quickly...

    Geth roll 1d20+3 for Acrobatics

    Acrobatics:
    1d20+3 17 [1d20=14]

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited September 30
    JACK

    As you approach the darkened, back corner table, the previous fellow who sat here playing is leaving, with two bandages: one wrapped around his hand, to prevent the blood loss; one wrapped around his mouth, to stop the screams. His tear cornered eyes look up at you in begging prostration- just walk away

    "Oy," says the pirate at the table with a sharpness.

    t5iuxownd6uc.png

    "You ere' to play, little man?" he asks mockingly, jingling a handful of just-won gold. "What's yer' stakes then, *little one*?"

    [Better than a 16 beats him in a five-finger fillet competition. Picks your stakes. Question/banter/bullshit with him as you see fit.]

    mrpaku on
  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    A queer fellow who sees adventure and discovery as the reward above treasure? Admiration grows in Arno's chest.

    "In that case, I shall don the hat in his memory. To Baron Reynard, and the great unknown!" Arno toasts in the man's memory.


    "White vinegar! That reminds of another time near the Stochi desert, a kobold, a kenku, and I walked into a bar. Bartender said 'Is this some kind of joke?'. But it wasn't, it was deadly serious..."

    mrpaku
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited September 30
    BERN and MICHAEL

    [Bern's somber, seen-all-this-shit-before-sea-song has earned him 30 exp. Subsequently, retroactively, and as a rule going forward...guest stars receive exp. in equal measure to active PCs (ie, every "everyone gets 5 exp" situation), but they subsequently will be expected to pour their talents into what PCs have been doing while everyone else has been busy to achieve such (when and as they can). Current general group exp will be updated on a thematically appropriate basis (coming before tomorrow morning in game will be the next one)]

    mrpaku on
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited September 30
    URIXES

    [Urixes, in his somber introspection, loses one exhaustion point]

    OAK

    Meet your challenger!

    tfewt69htfrg.png

    He laughs...but with more humor then Jack's competitor. "You're a big fella!" He says warmly. Then, more quietly, "... heard you had a pretty rough day, too...you sure you're up for this?"

    [He's ready if you are. Roll a strength check and choose your stakes. Oak similarly needs to roll a 16 for a victory here]

    mrpaku on
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Oak

    Oak lets out a small laugh. "The sea always has rough spots. You can't curl up in your bunk every time you get bashed around."

    He puts his arm up in the table and waits for his opponent to grasp it. "Let's keep it simple though. Loser buys drinks."

    Oak counts down from three, and the two start pushing against each other's arms, muscles clenching as they each attempt to force the other's arm down to the table.

    Geth, roll 1d20+3 for Str check

    Str check:
    1d20+3 10 [1d20=7]

Sign In or Register to comment.