As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[D&D 5E] Whispered Curse, Day 32- The Grey Maw

1515254565764

Posts

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Glal wrote: »
    ((OOC: And which one does it get applied to? It's relevant :) ))

    OOC:The first one!

    GlalSleep
  • SleepSleep Registered User regular
    OOC:Could I get the save from CC-88 there's a very slim chance I've roasted him down on my turn as well.

    mrpaku
  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    Jack tries to dodge the swinging chains, but his luck seems to have run out, getting hit first by one and barely managing to deflect some of the second's strike. He staggers from the wounds, the sway moving the saber in just the right way to avoid it getting pulled away.

    Geth, roll 1d8+4 for Parry to reduce second attack's damage

    "Ow... okay, give me a sec." He takes a deep breath, exhaling slowly.

    Geth, roll 1d10+5 for Second Wind

    "Right." Jack glances at his weapon, mumbling "Little help here?" at it as he strikes back, feeling some pressure to finally put the thing down.

    Geth, roll 1d20+7 for Saber Strike at CC-88
    Geth, roll 1d8+5 for Saber Damage
    Geth, roll 1d20+7 for Saber Strike at CC-88
    Geth, roll 1d8+5 for Saber Damage

    Parry to reduce second attack's damage:
    1d8+4 8 [1d8=4]
    Second Wind:
    1d10+5 14 [1d10=9]
    Saber Strike at CC-88:
    1d20+7 18 [1d20=11]
    Saber Damage:
    1d8+5 11 [1d8=6]
    Saber Strike at CC-88:
    1d20+7 13 [1d20=6]
    Saber Damage:
    1d8+5 7 [1d8=2]

    mrpaku
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited May 11
    MAIN DECKS- FLYING DUTCHMAN/WHISPERED CURSE

    The Flaming Sphere *drills* into the massive creature’s chest, the spinning ball of flame roasting its way further and further in...

    Battered and beaten, Jack speaks to the sword. And the sword?
    (sound of licking lips) “Right, son…*YOU GOT IT*.”

    Practically *vibrating* in Jack’s hands, The Red Skull Saber glows from within as though *lava* flowed through the insides. As Jack delivers one final *slash* to the broiled and bloody amalgamation of flesh, the blood seems to flow from the creature sideways, almost halt in the rain…then it floats slowly, vertically, up into the red saber. CC-88 stands for a moments more. Then stiches begin to pop along seams, limbs slide off horribly from the torso...the abomination becomes a hunk of enflamed flesh, sizzling and smoking along the Dutchman's Main Deck in the rain...

    OOC: Split the difference between Michael’s Flaming Sphere and Jack’s Sentient Sword actions, (nature of PbP), making the GM call to combine the two attack-effects at this time: sword and flame finish the aberration off *permanently*, with no Undead Fortitude save. Jack, your Red Skull Saber currently has one Blood Charge:
    The sword has drank deeply enough to share some of his spirit with you, should you call on it…*but the blade hungers*. You may extend one Blood Charge to roll a 1d20 and attempt to cast “Cure Wounds” on yourself. On a DC 6 or greater, roll a 1d8+ (Dex Modifier) and heal that much HP. On less than a DC 5, the blade turns against you, and causes the same amount of damage (necrotic). The Blood Charge will disappear after 24 hours, and the blade will thirst again…


    Wakeman Shayde doesn’t have a free hand to bat away the flaming mote: it catches him in the jacket, and despite the rain, the creature’s shoulders are soon *enwreathed* in flames. Wakeman Shayde falls from the Mast *screaming*, attempting to bat out the fire on his shoulders. He hits the Main Deck with a wet, meaty *THWUMP*…
    Geth roll 1d20 Wakeman Shayde- Undead Fortitude

    NOTE: DC 14 (5 base +7 fire+ 2 bludgeoning from the Main Deck)


    OFFICER’S QUARTERS-ARNO

    Yeah…they’re not buying it. It actually seems as though Arno’s aside has made those questioning the story *more* suspicious. Arno hears chatter come from around the room, much of it muffled:

    “*Weird* those two have been getting on, isn’t it?”

    “Thought he *hated* them…wonder what changed on Villam?...”

    “S’all an act, I tell ya. Make us think they’re all hated rivals then *BAM*”

    “So wait, who *was* number eight then?”

    Genius…it’s clearly one of them. The Wild Bunch…or the Fox Gang.”

    “Was probably Arno then…I mean…*obviously*, right?”

    “You know what *I* think? *I* think it’s that fuckin’ *BEAR*.”

    Arno, you’ve seemingly kept your friend’s business private- but *now* there’s some talk of a secret alliance between yourself and Rax. The two of you will be watched more closely in the future by a gossip-hungry crew…

    The Captain stands down from her post at the door temporarily, wandering over to Rax and wordlessly withdrawing a long roll of paper from a hidden pocket within her jacket. Arno can tell that the Captain heard every word of what just transpired, but her face betrays nothing. Unrolling the map, Captain Carver pulls up a table and pulls the map flat over the wood. “Alright, Rax the “Won’t-Shut-the-Fuck-Up”, while you’re telling tales, how about you share *this* one with us?” Pirates nearby, most near-recovery, crane their necks and pull their beds closer, straining to get a look. Captain Ari folds her arms, eyes searching the faces of the crew for their reactions.

    “Ahhh,” says Rax. “Sssso zen, counting our chickensss already, are we…”

    Ready for a change,” The Captain says, with just a hint of sarcasm in her voice.

    Arno has a view from right over Rax’s shoulder. It’s a map; this must be “The Gray Maw”:
    vp0plz0l04tu.jpg

    Arno, do you use your skills at Survival and Perception to see what the map tells you? Or do you take a chance and see if you can Investigate or use your knowledge of history to learn something more, about what the layout and construction suggests about who built such a place?

    Wakeman Shayde- Undead Fortitude:
    1d20 4 [1d20=4]

    mrpaku on
    GlalAustinP0027
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Wakeman Shayde, cast broken and aflame to the base of the main Mast, reaches up a single trembling hand. The fire burns the sinews away, and the gnarled claw falls harmlessly to the planks below. He *doesn't* get up again

    AustinP0027
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    edited May 12
    Oak grunts as he attacks and the captain counter attacks. He goes to raise his axe up to block the sword, when an axe comes flying in, causing his to step slightly off course. Enough to miss being hit by the projectile, but leading him to miss his attempt to block the giant sword. The first cut wasn't too deep, drawing just a little blood, but as the captain goes for a second attack, another axe distracts him and this hit bites deeper into his chest. As a third axe is avoided, he finally yells out, "Can someone stop that damned axe thrower?"

    Without much additional hesitation, Oak summons his strength to return his attacks. He was going to make sure he had this captain's full attention. He swing wildly, pressing the Captain to defend against his blows and leaving no room for the undead to think about the barbarian's companions.


    OOC:Ow, that turn hurt. Damn greatsword is tough.... I'm going to get hit hard this turn, so anything people can do to distract the others (and a heal wouldn't hurt) would be nice.

    Recklessly attacking here (so advantage against me next turn)

    Geth, roll 2d20k1+8 for Axe Swing at Captain
    Geth, roll 1d12+7 for Axe Dmg

    Geth, roll 2d20k1+8 for Axe Swing at Captain Again
    Geth, roll 1d12+7 for Axe Dmg

    Axe Swing at Captain:
    2d20k1+8 24 [2d20k1=[16], 1]
    Axe Dmg:
    1d12+7 8 [1d12=1]
    Axe Swing at Captain Again:
    2d20k1+8 17 [2d20k1=[9], 5]
    Axe Dmg:
    1d12+7 15 [1d12=8]

    AustinP0027 on
    mrpaku
  • SleepSleep Registered User regular
    OOC:
    I might need hex's help to get a little healing action out next round.

  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    "Ril, keep their axe-woman distracted. I need to focus on their captain."

    Urixes does just what he said, focusing all his attacks and his bird's attention on the undead captain.

    OOC: My familiar can only deliver touch spells for me, unfortunately. I don't think other people can cast through it.

    I'll do the usual barrage of Hex Help, Eldritch Blast, Grasp, all focused on the captain.

    Geth, roll 2d20k1+8 for Eldritch Blast 1 vs Captain
    Geth, roll 1d10+4 for Force Damage 1
    Geth, roll 1d20+8 for Eldritch Blast 2 vs Captain
    Geth, roll 1d10+4 for Force Damage 2
    Geth, roll 1d20+8 for Grasp of the Deep vs Captain
    Geth, roll 1d8 for Lightning Damage

    Eldritch Blast 1 vs Captain:
    2d20k1+8 20 [2d20k1=[12], 10]
    Force Damage 1:
    1d10+4 12 [1d10=8]
    Eldritch Blast 2 vs Captain:
    1d20+8 25 [1d20=17]
    Force Damage 2:
    1d10+4 6 [1d10=2]
    Grasp of the Deep vs Captain:
    1d20+8 22 [1d20=14]
    Lightning Damage:
    1d8 3 [1d8=3]

    mrpaku
  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    Arno keeps concentration on the walls, but can't help enjoying a bit of extra attention. And after all, a little bit of gossip never hurt anyone.

    "How could it have been me? That would mean I was part of a tale involving erratic changes, extreme danger, and maddness...no wait, actually I see it now. Yeah, I bet it was me, but then I got amnesia! Oh, and can I have an identical twin? I love the evil twin storyline. But wait, what if I was the evil twin? I'm not the evil twin, am I Rax?" The exasperated sigh from the scaled storyteller puts Arno at ease.

    "Whew, that was a close one. And who said we were bitter rivals? At worst we're salty rivals, probably closer to umami rivals. Especially after I gained Rax's trust at Villiam...*along with his soul!* Hah, just kidding. *Or am I?. Pfft, totally kidding. Man, you should see your faces.

    Oh, what's this now?"

    Geth roll 1d20+7 Survival

    Survival:
    1d20+7 21 [1d20=14]

    mrpaku
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited May 12
    The Wild Bunch begins to converge on the Dread Captain Carver. Oak *SLASHES* him with a deadly backhand; Urixes, lit up momentarily on the Curse’s Main Mast, sends an Eldritch appendage to emerge from the Main Deck of the Dutchman, *ripping* at one of the Captain’s legs, trying to pull him down


    Captain Carver *guilefully* dances between Oak’s assault, Michael’s flaming elemental, and the incoming Young Jack. *Clashing* greatweapons with Oak, the Captain leans over, pressing into the Barbarian with crushing, unnatural undead strength. “Can you feel it?” the ragged voice whispers, the hint of a laugh behind the words. “Do you see it? Your death?!”. Captain Carver *attacks* Oak
    Geth roll 1d20+6 Greatsword

    Geth roll 1d12+4 slashing

    Geth roll 1d20+6 Greatsword

    Geth roll 1d12+4 slashing


    Hilda the Hollow watches as Wakeman Shayde’s unlife burns out nearby. Growling, she turns, and *grins* as she sees Captain Carver confronting the Barbarian and Fighter. “Leaves the firebug to *ME*,” Hilda hisses to no one but herself. Shaking off her sluggishness, Hilda makes her way up the stairs quick as she can, headed towards the Cook. “Let’s see ya’ burn *these* down, you damn pyromaniac!”. Three axes incoming on Michael!..
    Geth roll 1d20+1 Handaxe (thrown)

    Geth roll 1d6+3 slashing

    Geth roll 1d20+1 Handaxe (thrown)

    Geth roll 1d6+3 slashing

    Geth roll 1d20+1 Handaxe (thrown)

    Geth roll 1d6+3 slashing

    From the Crow’s Nest above, at Urixes’s back, Ril begins to *rapid fire* arrows down at the ragged zombie. Dodging and hitting the stairs at her feet, Hilda takes cover from the Aaracokra

    GM NOTE: Attacks made against Hilda next turn have built in Advantage!

    CURRENT MAPS-
    rayoj5x7870s.jpg

    8e4u6bfbhgzg.jpg

    kqnfsc3zc59n.jpg

    dwzbzneu3hpt.jpg


    OFFICER’S QUARTERS-ARNO

    Some laughs at Arno’s stories...and a few groans. There’s even a small group in the back which seems to be making a betting book of some sort, and cast furtive looks in this direction. They’re the only ones not currently pressing in to look at the map…

    Arno has seen a fair few maps in their day! Let’s see what this one has to say for itself:
    7wfz0tjjunls.jpg

    - The Blue straight Line is a Seaward Route. It looks like the Curse will travel a straight line through the structure…but *not* a horizontal one. There are three sections, each built high above the last, each containing a water lock to raise the Ship to the proper water level [Water Locks/ 3 Levels Marked Orange on the Map]

    - The Pink marked routes all lead to identical looking areas, with identical looking…machines? Arno recognizes the general symbols, if not their specific purpose at this time. There’s a gear room…that looks like a water pump room…that right there looks like a switch, or dial of some sort [Pump Rooms, Gear Rooms, and Control Rooms notated on the Map]

    - There’s funny-looking faces above each water lock area, two each. Their mouths open over the pool below. Probably where the water flows from to fill the pool? Architecture made part of water distribution progress; probably gargoyles or something…[Gargoyle Spouts marked in Yellow ]

    - Hmmm….Arno tries to find something to get a sense of scale from the place. They can’t…wait, no, here it is! Just at the bottom of the map, so small you didn’t even notice it the first time…this little red dot must represent a ship about your size. Geez…this place looks *BIG*…[ Red Dot at bottom of Map applied for scale size of dungeon.]

    - Final notes: It seems that whoever takes the pink paths will be mostly on their own, and separated from the Ship as they guide it through the Gray Maw; the two groups only cross paths at the water lock areas. If the place has been worm eaten like Rax suggested, that could provide some issues with the water locks, couldn’t it?

    Arno, do you share what you’ve drawn from the Map with the rest of the room? Do you have any questions or concerns for Rax or Captain Ari, with the information you’ve learned from the Map? Or do you stand silent, concentrate on your spell, and simply watch what happens?

    Greatsword:
    1d20+6 11 [1d20=5]
    slashing:
    1d12+4 6 [1d12=2]
    Greatsword:
    1d20+6 13 [1d20=7]
    slashing:
    1d12+4 9 [1d12=5]
    Handaxe (thrown):
    1d20+1 6 [1d20=5]
    slashing:
    1d6+3 5 [1d6=2]
    Handaxe (thrown):
    1d20+1 18 [1d20=17]
    slashing:
    1d6+3 8 [1d6=5]
    Handaxe (thrown):
    1d20+1 17 [1d20=16]
    slashing:
    1d6+3 5 [1d6=2]

    mrpaku on
  • SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Geth roll 1d20+5 for the first axe that hits
    Geth roll 1d20+5 for the second axe

    the first axe that hits:
    1d20+5 22 [1d20=17]
    the second axe:
    1d20+5 8 [1d20=3]

  • SleepSleep Registered User regular
    edited May 12
    Michael beset by axes finally loses concentration on the flaming sphere. As it fizzles out of existence, He sets about hastily mixing ingredients from his belt pouch in a spare flask alongside a strong pipette pull of a liquid from one of the flasks on his bandolier after a quick stir he lets the rain water fill the rest, corking the flask and shaking it one last time the elixer blooms into a crimson red as he hoists it aloft above his head and shouts up the main mast hoping they can hear him over there, "Urixies, Oak needs this! Think your bird can help!?", Proffering the elixer for the gull. He then reaches into the belt pouch on his back left pulls out a snack and scarfs it down while moving to the other railing of the navigation deck he is on.

    OOC: who needs touch spells, I can and just did use an action to convert a spell slot to an experimental elixer, in this case a healing elixer. I just need the bird to deliver it so oak can drink it and gain 2d4+3 hit points. I have also just eaten a treat that gives me 3 temp hitt points im now down 12 with 3 more temp sitting on top again. (The last Mostly noted so I don't forget)

    Sleep on
  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    ((OOC: I'm having some trouble picturing all the decks of the ship in one go, what would it take to reach Hilda in melee? Also, what was the ranged attack penalty due to weather again (I assume she's visible to us, if she can throw axes our way)? ))

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited May 12
    OOC:Have the maps opened on a table nearby whenever you guys are in battle now, so always feel free to ask if you have questions about positions, or movement, or if you want to "try something"!

    Jack, I counted, and with your movement speed, if you were to jump up, you could cross the enemy plank, climb up to the Captain's Deck of the Whispered Curse, and be in attack range of Hollow Hilda (on the other side of the rail!) this turn. This *would* incur an attack of opportunity from Captain Carver, however

    Attack pentalty in the rain is -4. Hilda is ducked behind the railing, but still mostly visible

    Re: Familiars: Alright, after reading several passages on familiars, here's what I'm thinking for this situation: Urixes's familiar Hex *can* go grab a potion from Michael's hands, at Urixes's command. *But* given the current distance, the rain, and Captain Carver, it would take two turns for Hex to safely get the potion back into Oak's hands. Urixes *could* try to get it there in a single turn, *but* that would give the chance for Captain Carver to attempt at attack on the bird. On a successful hit from the Captain, the potion would be destroyed. This seems to make the most sense for me, action economy wise: you could try now (at a higher risk), or later when he might not need it for *no risk*.

    What do @Denada and @Sleep think? Leave an agree if that works for you!

    Edit- Captain Carver attempting to attack the gull *would* be one of his two great sword attacks on his turn

    mrpaku on
    SleepDenada
  • SleepSleep Registered User regular
    edited May 12
    OOC: also if urixies isn't feeling it for any reason (simply didn't hear michael totally works) don't worry too much I'm sure the potion will get put to use quite soon no matter what (big chance I down it myself if I catch many more axes). It's just all michael could think of on short order to get a heal across the ship.

    Sleep on
    mrpaku
  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    OOC: Ah I misunderstood. I'm good with using Hex for the potion delivery. @Sleep I'll leave it up to you whether you want to try to get it there in one round or take it slow and safe. Either is fine with me!

  • SleepSleep Registered User regular
    OOC:Hmmmm I think the captain hits the bird pretty reliably, slow and steady gets hex to our man oak, does Oak look like he can survive one more onslaught?

    @AustinP0027

  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    edited May 12
    The meat golem finally falls apart and Jack grins beneath his mask. Asked for help and received it! He eyes Captain Carver, then the undead still raining axes down on Oak. "Right, I'll go take care of her" he responds to Oak, then nods to his saber, "Bit of help with her too, eh?"

    Geth, roll 1d20 for Spending a Blood Charge
    Geth, roll 1d8+4 for Charge Size

    Wincing preemptively at the inevitable strike he leaps up and clambers up the ship's rigging and planks, finally pulling himself up next to Hilda.

    "Hello!"

    Geth, roll 2d20k1+7 for Saber Strike at Hilda
    Geth, roll 1d8+5 for Saber Damage
    Geth, roll 2d20k1+7 for Saber Strike at Hilda
    Geth, roll 1d8+5 for Saber Damage

    ((OOC: Living up to his name... :biggrin: ))

    Spending a Blood Charge:
    1d20 2 [1d20=2]
    Charge Size:
    1d8+4 6 [1d8=2]
    Saber Strike at Hilda:
    2d20k1+7 13 [2d20k1=[6], 4]
    Saber Damage:
    1d8+5 9 [1d8=4]
    Saber Strike at Hilda:
    2d20k1+7 25 [2d20k1=[18], 9]
    Saber Damage:
    1d8+5 6 [1d8=1]

    Glal on
    mrpaku
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited May 12
    Captain Carver, tussling with Oak, reels back from the fray for an instant. As Jack quickly departs, the Captain *CACKLES* derisively, and attempts to *kiss* him with a parting blow from the sword on his way past…
    Geth roll 1d20+6 Greatsword (AOO)

    Geth roll 1d12+4 slashing

    Scaling his way up the side of the ship, Jack lands and greets Hilda with a pair of *strikes* from his saber! The second connects, (-6 slashing) but as it does so, Jack feels a *shock* of sinister cold shoot up his sword arm. The blood vessels constrict, and for a few seconds Jack feels *furious* pins and needles along each of his fingertips
    "(finger-licking noises)mmmm, *mmmm*,…..oh! Sorry, sunshine…was hungrier than I thought. *You* know how it is. (The sword leers in Jack's mind, suggestively)”

    Jack, the sword has satiated his hunger for the time being, albeit, by feeding on *you*. In the Red Skull Saber’s Overfed state, you will find his mood to be more agreeable, less aggressive; he’s more willing to answer questions, or provide assistance. This state should persist for 48 hours.

    Hilda, forearms *gashed* by Jack’s saber, goes to pull out another pair of Axes, but hesitates for a brief moment. She seems to sense something odd has just transpired. The foul zombie mocks Jack, sniping but confused, “The *fuck*, is you about? *Some nutter*?”

    Greatsword (AOO):
    1d20+6 17 [1d20=11]
    slashing:
    1d12+4 15 [1d12=11]

    mrpaku on
  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    ((OOC: Oh, what kind of action is it to down a potion? Might start needing to actually burn those consumables! ))

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Glal wrote: »
    ((OOC: Oh, what kind of action is it to down a potion? Might start needing to actually burn those consumables! ))

    Bonus action! :D

    Glal
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    edited May 13
    OOC: @mrpaku Captain has advantage on Oak this turn so need two more rolls (neither of those hit)

    Also I'm dumb and forgot Oak has a healing potion on him, so I'll use that instead

    AustinP0027 on
    mrpaku
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Captain Carver's Advantaged Oak Attacks- "HIT ME HARDER" edition
    Geth roll 1d20+6 Greatsword

    Geth roll 1d12+4 slashing

    Geth roll 1d20+6 Greatsword

    Geth roll 1d12+4 slashing

    Greatsword:
    1d20+6 20 [1d20=14]
    slashing:
    1d12+4 12 [1d12=8]
    Greatsword:
    1d20+6 13 [1d20=7]
    slashing:
    1d12+4 11 [1d12=7]

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Oak had extended too far with his last strike. He successfully kept the Captain's attention but he was off balance as the sword slashed across his back. His teeth clenched in pain, as he was able to bring his axe back in time to block the swords second swing.

    Oak held his axe ahead of him, his hand sliding down to his belt and fumbling around. "Aye, I might find ma' death today," his fingers find what he was searching for, he quickly grips the potion, yanks it from his belt, while pulling the stopper out with his teeth a new spitting it side. A quick chug and he tosses the empty bottle aside.

    Both hands gripped on the axe, he sneers as he feels some of his skin stitch together. "But if I have ta go, I'm taking ya with me ya skeleton bastard."

    OOC:

    Healing potion for BA, then two regular attacks.

    Geth, roll 2d4+2 for HP

    Geth, roll 1d20+8 for Axe Swing at Captain
    Geth, roll 1d12+7 for Axe Dmg

    Geth, roll 1d20+8 for Axe Swing at Captain Again
    Geth, roll 1d12+7 for Axe Dmg

    HP:
    2d4+2 7 [2d4=1, 4]
    Axe Swing at Captain:
    1d20+8 19 [1d20=11]
    Axe Dmg:
    1d12+7 18 [1d12=11]
    Axe Swing at Captain Again:
    1d20+8 27 [1d20=19]
    Axe Dmg:
    1d12+7 12 [1d12=5]

    mrpaku
  • SleepSleep Registered User regular
    OOC:That would be the long way then for hex delivery

    mrpaku
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited May 13
    Beaten and bloodied, the Shifter stands yet *defiant*. Arms stretching beyond their mortal limit and veins in his neck *bulging*, Oak hacks at the Galleon's Unholy Master, *again*, and *AGAIN*. Pain and sheer, dogged determination fueling every deadly swing. Despite his immense and unnatural strength, the Captain is bodily driven back by the assault, unable to sustain the barbaric-storm

    The first swing of the Greataxe *rends* the armor beneath his jacket loose; the second *blasts* away whole-hunks of steel from the cuirass (and more than a handful of pearly white ribs from beneath the armor) (-30 damage!)

    As if in response to Oak's heroic stand, a *blast* of lightning crackles in the far distance, illuminating the ship and everything else for thirty miles around. Oak's axe shimmers blue momentarily as the thunder hits, like an echo from within. A voice whispers at the back of Oak's mind: but it isn't some stranger this time, it isn't the Axe, or (he *knows* this somehow) some trick of the Expanse. It's him...just him...

    This is your storm, Oak - Let's *finish* this

    +1 Inspiration to Oak!

    mrpaku on
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    OOC:Geez, a guy gets inspiration and suddenly everyone disappears. :P

    Glalmrpaku
  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    ((OOC: You could maybe use it to compose a poem, or perhaps paint a portrait! ))

  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    "Better wrap this up then," Urixes grunts, aiming for Hilda. While Hex turns its attention to delivery duty, Urixes takes advantage of the distraction caused by Ril's arrows.

    OOC: Usual barrage, directed at Hilda, sans Hex Help since its delivering a potion right now.

    Geth, roll 2d20k1+8 for Eldritch Blast 1 vs HH
    Geth, roll 1d10+4 for Force Damage 1
    Geth, roll 2d20k1+8 for Eldritch Blast 2 vs HH
    Geth, roll 1d10+4 for Force Damage 2
    Geth, roll 2d20k1+8 for Grasp of the Deep vs HH
    Geth, roll 1d8 for Lightning Damage

    Eldritch Blast 1 vs HH:
    2d20k1+8 17 [2d20k1=[9], 9]
    Force Damage 1:
    1d10+4 10 [1d10=6]
    Eldritch Blast 2 vs HH:
    2d20k1+8 22 [2d20k1=[14], 9]
    Force Damage 2:
    1d10+4 11 [1d10=7]
    Grasp of the Deep vs HH:
    2d20k1+8 23 [2d20k1=[15], 12]
    Lightning Damage:
    1d8 7 [1d8=7]

    AustinP0027mrpaku
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited May 14
    Urixes *pummels* the foul piratess with a *concussive blast* of dark energy, followed up by an ichor dripping tentacle which grows upon the Captain’s Deck in the rain. The meaty tentacle *throttles* the foul creature against the planks like a child's toy. (-18 damage) Hilda the Hollow looks haggard, woozy…the un-life seeps out from her battered frame…


    But she isn’t dead-again *quite yet*! Chopping her way through the smoky black tentacle with one of her axes, Hilda the Hollow gives a *BANSHEE HOWL* from out of waterlogged lungs. “SONS OF BITCHES!!!” Hilda knows her frame is giving way from where she stands, and she’s *furious* about it. No self-preservation, no attempt at defense: the horrid harpy before Jack heads straight for his throat, hoping to have her final act be cutting Jack’s neck from his head
    Geth roll 1d20+5 Handaxe

    Geth roll 1d6+3 slashing

    Geth roll 1d20+5 Handaxe

    Geth roll 1d6+3 slashing


    Captain Carver has no words now, no taunts: he *also* saw the blue glimmer shine along the Greataxe. Oak has earned the Captain’s *full* attention now.

    Oak breathes heavy, and holds down Caver alone. Water rains down, but he doesn't even feel it anymore. The Awful Corpse before you has muscle memory that's a *thing to behold*. Oak imagines the man, whoever he was, must have been a martial force when he was alive. The faceless Captain before Oak betrays nothing, but the silence and gaping hole in his armor speak volumes. For the first time, it’s crossed Carver’s mind that *this* is a fight he might not win. Desperation leads to intense concentration. Carver carves a cold, silent, flurry of blows rained down on the Barbarian with the Greatsword…
    Geth roll 1d20+6 Greatsword

    Geth roll 1d12+4 slashing

    Geth roll 1d20+6 Greatsword

    Geth roll 1d12+4 slashing

    CURRENT MAP- GM NOTE: Other than Jack climbing up to the Captain’s Deck, everyone has remained more or less in place!

    Handaxe:
    1d20+5 6 [1d20=1]
    slashing:
    1d6+3 9 [1d6=6]
    Handaxe:
    1d20+5 14 [1d20=9]
    slashing:
    1d6+3 4 [1d6=1]
    Greatsword:
    1d20+6 23 [1d20=17]
    slashing:
    1d12+4 13 [1d12=9]
    Greatsword:
    1d20+6 15 [1d20=9]
    slashing:
    1d12+4 13 [1d12=9]

    mrpaku on
  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    With a grunt Jack feels the sword take his own lifeforce away, feeding on him. "Hey, I asked for help!" He's taken aback by the zombie's sheer intensity, almost losing his footing at her howl. Scary! Sabre forgotten he dodges her twirling handaxes, one of them passing perilously close to his neck, "Careful lady, we're not all undead here!"

    He glances down at Oak's fight with the captain- right, everyone else is doing their part, best get on with it. He slash-slash-slashes at the screaming Hilda, then pulls a potion from his pocket and chugs it in one swig. Aaaah, better. He aims the empty flask at Captain Carver offhandedly and returns his attention to his opponent.

    Geth, roll 2d20k1+7 for Saber Strike at Hilda
    Geth, roll 1d8+5 for Saber Damage
    Geth, roll 2d20k1+7 for Saber Strike at Hilda
    Geth, roll 1d8+5 for Saber Damage
    Geth, roll 2d4+2 for Healing Potion

    Saber Strike at Hilda:
    2d20k1+7 18 [2d20k1=[11], 7]
    Saber Damage:
    1d8+5 11 [1d8=6]
    Saber Strike at Hilda:
    2d20k1+7 15 [2d20k1=[8], 5]
    Saber Damage:
    1d8+5 7 [1d8=2]
    Healing Potion:
    2d4+2 7 [2d4=4, 1]

  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    ((OOC: Whoops, I thought I fixed those roll. ))

    Geth, roll 1d20+7 for Saber Strike at Hilda
    Geth, roll 1d20+7 for Saber Strike at Hilda

    Saber Strike at Hilda:
    1d20+7 8 [1d20=1]
    Saber Strike at Hilda:
    1d20+7 25 [1d20=18]

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited May 14
    Hilda wobbles on her feet, milky white eyes drifting up and away somewhere far. A thin black liquid starts to drizzle out from her mouth, and limbs start to *tremble* as though the Undead Pirate had suddenly become *very* cold somehow

    Hilda pulls herself back from the brink, slowly. She finally starts *cursing* Jack, calling him *horrible* things. But Jack can't make any of them out, over that horrible gurgle (-7 damage) ; (Hilda holds it together by mere force of her insidious will, but a strong *wind* might collapse her at this point...)

    mrpaku on
  • SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Michael tosses a firebolt hildas way

    Geth roll 1d20+7 for a fiery breeze
    Geth roll 2d10+3 to see how much it burns

    a fiery breeze:
    1d20+7 20 [1d20=13]
    to see how much it burns:
    2d10+3 6 [2d10=2, 1]

  • SleepSleep Registered User regular
    If that drops hilda michael will attempt to descend to jack and hand a snack off to him.

    mrpakuGlal
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    There isn't any more time for words or taunts. Oak is throwing every second of energy into attacking and parrying, sinking blow after blow into the Captain but taking slashes back in response. The Captain's latest volley manages to strike him again, and the barbarian can see his red blood running from cuts on his arms.

    But Oak has never given up on a fight, and with such a dangerous opponent in his face, he can only get angrier. They came and watched his ship. They tried to send weak pawns to soften the crew up. And finally, they rammed the Curse, causing who knows what damage to a ship in the middle of the sea and are trying to kill every last crew mate he had.

    The Shifter was angrier than he had been so far, and his blows were blistered by that raw aggression. He struck with all his might, focusing on the attack, trying to put this undead down for good.

    OOC:
    Recklessly attacking here (so advantage against me next turn)

    Geth, roll 2d20k1+8 for Axe Swing at Captain
    Geth, roll 1d12+7 for Axe Dmg

    Geth, roll 2d20k1+8 for Axe Swing at Captain Again
    Geth, roll 1d12+7 for Axe Dmg

    Axe Swing at Captain:
    2d20k1+8 17 [2d20k1=[9], 9]
    Axe Dmg:
    1d12+7 12 [1d12=5]
    Axe Swing at Captain Again:
    2d20k1+8 24 [2d20k1=[16], 10]
    Axe Dmg:
    1d12+7 10 [1d12=3]

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Michael’s firebolt strikes the piratess directly in the front, and the rags she is cloaked in catch immediately, as though doused in grease. *Shrieking*, Hilda the Hollow goes up in a *ball of flames* in front of Jack and Michael .The fiend drops, and tries to roll herself out along the Captain’s Deck…
    Geth roll 1d20+1 Con Save (Undead Fortitude)

    GM NOTE: Hilda must beat a DC 8 or be destroyed. On a success, she will survive with 1hp


    Diving *recklessly* into the melee, Oak *clashes weapons* with Carver, pressing down on the undead skeleton and nearly pushing him over the edge of the railing as the pair tussle. The Captain *spins* away from Oak’s crushing assault, leaving his back open for a brief window: which Oak takes advantage of, *planting* the Greataxe *deeply* into the Undead’s spine. The Captain’s jacket, ripped in half a dozen places, finally tears free, and flies away into the ocean in several separate pieces. Carver pulls away and turns back to face the Shifter, but a chunk of his steel armor tears free as he does so. Carver *growls defiance* as he raises the sword up in a defensive stance…

    GM NOTE: Turn to @Denada !

    Con Save (Undead Fortitude):
    1d20+1 6 [1d20=5]

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Hilda the Hollow rolls back and forth, over and over...and then jerks up once, *screams* her last, and clatters to the planks below. What little remains of the cruel, sinister sea zombie is *gruesome*: the attempt to extinguish herself seems to have smeared much of Hilda over the Captain's Deck. The sight and smell are not something Jack and Michael will be soon to forget...

  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    With that dealt with, Urixes refocuses on the undead captain.

    Geth, roll 1d20+8 for Eldritch Blast 1
    Geth, roll 1d10+4 for Force Damage 1
    Geth, roll 1d20+8 for Eldritch Blast 2
    Geth, roll 1d10+4 for Force Damage 2
    Geth, roll 1d20+8 for Grasp of the Deep
    Geth, roll 1d8 for Lightning Damage

    Eldritch Blast 1:
    1d20+8 22 [1d20=14]
    Force Damage 1:
    1d10+4 13 [1d10=9]
    Eldritch Blast 2:
    1d20+8 13 [1d20=5]
    Force Damage 2:
    1d10+4 8 [1d10=4]
    Grasp of the Deep:
    1d20+8 28 [1d20=20]
    Lightning Damage:
    1d8 8 [1d8=8]

    AustinP0027mrpaku
  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    Geth, roll 1d8 for Grasp of the Deep crit damage

    Grasp of the Deep crit damage:
    1d8 1 [1d8=1]

Sign In or Register to comment.