As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[D&D 5E] Whispered Curse, Day 32- The Grey Maw

1414244464773

Posts

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Oak cracks his neck, taking a moment's pause then says "Yeah. We can."

    The Shifter follows Rax over towards the Forecastle Deck. He doesn't trust him, but he also has faith that his display back on the Island should cause Rax to have doubts about trying anything. Well, that, and the giant axe he's now carrying around.

    OOC:Oh Geez. Just realized that Oak being friendly with the Outsiders is leading to him being Dad to a new group of outcasts.....

  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    ((OOC: Oak is everybody's dad. Now he just needs to exercise his dad joke privileges ))

    zekebeaumrpaku
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited February 16
    “Aye. All good thoughts. Of course, if the beast thinks we’re spineless, it’d just pick us off one by one.”, he sips his drink, “Got to let it know if it gets in our way we’ll cut bits off it. Just something to think on, eh?”

    And that’s all he says, he finishes his drink slowly, leant on the railing a hand’s width from Zook.


    OOC: Just an edit on this. He heard the offer, he literal just didn’t respond. Who gives a fuck about Zook? He’s basically 12 as far as Bern is concerned. He’ll tell the captain he’s a prick later. Bern might have to kill him at some point, we’ll see.

    Endless_Serpents on
    mrpaku
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    [URIXES]

    Captain Arabella leans over. “Steve is an absolute, goddamn nightmare…but that little head of his has half the Ship’s secrets bundled up around his victim-complex somewhere, and that was before Jack and Far Aeston. I have no doubt you’ll make the most of that asshole, but be careful not to piss him off…I’ll bet he’d squeal louder than a fucking *PIG* if he thought he was threatened or cornered…”

    Urixes gives a toast to the Main Deck. The pirates all around give a loud *CHEER*, and finish their drinks…

    [Urixes, with his gracious toast, has secured the full support and approval of the Gunnery Crew! (Zik was on the fence, but your inclusion of his fallen comrade in the toast (mixed with the alcohol), has made him feel like you really get it…]
    ---

    [ARNO]

    [Arno’s secret connection to a Deep One is revealed!]

    #73 jots down the vital lessons from Arno into the notebook. You still can’t read what the Doppelganger-Bearman writes down, in their sloppy script (it is slowly becoming more legible, but still not quite there…), but you *do* see that a handful of unbidden tears fall onto the page where #73 writes it…

    [#73 has learned the importance of True Empathy; life, and the living from Arno! This will continue to influence their character, far beyond #73’s time with Arno…]

    Later on that evening, Arno opens up the notebook upon the Crow’s Nest again. The Prismatic Rain has dissolved now: but strange, puffy, cotton candy looking clouds still drift through the sky in places. Arno attempts to tease out mysteries of the book, looking for references to the monster they’d faced that day, and cross-referencing it with the weather, and also fight songs…

    [Arno may make a Perception Check to find evidence of the creature and location somewhere in the notebook, but it may not give them many details (Other options would include Arcana, Investigation, or Religion Checks, but that may not be Arno’s particular area of expertise.). In addition, if you want to attempt to use the book to decipher the weather tomorrow, please roll a 1d10 (1-2=failure, 3-4=”debatable victory” (ie. I send you a 50% accurate take on tomorrow’s weather), 5-10= *Pinpoint Accuracy* Weather Prediction]

    [Please take your time at the party, meeting new friends and contacts, and join back up on the Orlop Deck to compare notes where you are done!]

    AustinP0027Endless_Serpents
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    [OAK]

    Oak follows Rax up onto the Forecastle Deck, each holding a mug of beer. Rax drapes himself across the railing as he arrives and takes a long sip before speaking. Then, he leans in and begins talking amongst the chatter of the crowd (Rax isn’t being quiet, but he is attempting to let this talk blend in with the rest of the drunken sailor talk):

    “Sssso, you heard that the Treasure Map got *yinked* while we were gone, zen zey found it and brought it back? Well…what the crew did learn from it while zey had it…it ssssspooked the fuck out of zem. Changing lands. Glowing glyphs. Giant monsters. Zey aren’t sure if zis isss a trick from the flessshies, or a sssuicide mission, or a test of God. *A lot of zem* feel tricked, and want out now. Zey zink zey ssshould have left with Ssstrike and za uzzers.”

    Rax takes a sip from his mug. “My friendsss….zey would be put much at eassse if zey could sssee za Treasssue Map again, and bring it to a friend of mine. But za map is hard to get to…it iz with Governor Mitchum’s Crew, on za uzzer ssside of Captain Ari’sss officesss. Zey wouldn’t need it forever, mind…maybe an hour?” Rax the Relinquishing drinks his beer, and stares into the Prismatic Rain as the sun begins to set…

    [Oak, it sounds like Rax is encouraging the Wild Bunch to steal the Treasure Map (temporarily!), to assuage the fears of some of the more green Outsiders. How do you respond?]

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Oak taps a drink from him mug and taps his fingers on it. " S'fair concern. Won't pretend to have seen that map myself."

    He looks away for a moment, staring off into the distance between continuing. "Getting hands on it won't be easy. I need time ta think about it. Can't make no promises."

    His pauses again, then turns back to Rax. "No, that's not true. I can make one promise. They aren't going at this alone. The Wild Bunch has already committed to do what we can to keep the crew safe, no matter the destination here. Not sure if that helps those that are worried, but we're not letting the Captain sail us into a death trap blindly."

    Oak stares at Rax at this point. "Need yer help on this one Rax. Any of this lot gets out of line and the rest of the crew won't look kindly on them. I'll stand in the way as much as I can for 'em but if you can find a way to let them know that I'm lookin' out fer 'em, would be appreciated."

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Bern waits a beat after finishing his drink.

    “Good to see you all, fair winds.”, he beams.

    Then he heads off catch whoever the nearest of the Wild Bunch are, maybe Oak?

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Rax agrees somberly, with thankfulness. “*It helps zem*. Zey know you treat zem za sssame asss any uzzzers, and have zis whole time. But zey alsssso know you anssser to different masssters, asss well. With zis…you help zem ssssplit za difference, I zink.”

    Rax hisses as he finishes up his drink, getting feisty with Oak for the first time in a while. “My lot don’t get out of line. We can’t afford to…you sssaw how happy zey were zat one of usss wasss dead! Who elsssse came to za wake, but you?..... We’ll do our part, Oak, and I will remind zem…but we need za Old Hunters off our backs, and to treat us asss equal Crewman. And we need zat map looked into.”

    “Pleassse let me know how to help, however I may,” says the Old Rak’ta, before waving down a familiar crewman and leaving to socialize with different company…


    [Oak and Bern can be assumed to have bumped into each other on the descent back down to the Orlop Deck!]

    Endless_Serpents
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Oak stands silently at the railing for a bit after Rax leaves, thinking to himself. Finally, he slams back the remainder of his drink and starts to head down to the Orlop deck. The Wild Bunch would have a bit they needed to discuss today, that was for sure.

    As he heads down, he catches Bern turning a corner at the same moment. "Hey." he says with a nod. Then as a quick addition, "Fucking Politics."

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Bern nods grimly, “There’s too much out to harm we mortal souls, I’m ever surprised how much men are at each other’s throats. You’d think today would have put some folks right, but they’ve not changed a bit. That Zook lad, all talk that you and yours will be next, he says. I spit on the little bastard’s name.”

    “Mind if I join you for a chat on things? I’d not want to invade the Wild Bunch’s privacy.”

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    "Please." Oak responds motioning towards the Orlop deck. "We're going to need help with this crew, and I dunno if we have enough hands, or maybe mouths, to get to it all."

  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    Geth roll 1d20-1 for religion, why not?
    Geth roll 1d10 for tomorrow's weather

    [At the party]

    Arno remembers hearing about a Gensi who suddenly got prophetic dreams from the expanse itself. After letting 73 hang out with Durbin (the dwarf is such a kindly soul certainly 73 can be left around him unattended, no way that could be a bad influence) Arno begins to ask about. After all, both of them talk to things that other people say can't talk back, they likely have some common ground to discuss.

    Geth roll 1d20+4 for insight when they first meet to tell what type of folk they are

    religion, why not?:
    1d20-1 6 [1d20=7]
    tomorrow's weather:
    1d10 10 [1d10=10]
    insight when they first meet to tell what type of folk they are:
    1d20+4 11 [1d20=7]

  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    edited February 17
    OCC: [Prediction] Tomorrow will be a balmy 70 degrees, with mild winds and slightly cloudy skies. Also 100% chance of mackerel showers in the late afternoon, so be sure to wear a hat and umbrella if you have one.

    zekebeau on
    Endless_Serpentsmrpaku
  • SleepSleep Registered User regular
    edited February 17
    Michael begins examining the foul appendage as best he can in this quick moment.

    "I'll see what I can do, but I'm not even sure what this is from." Michael reaches down and cuts off a chunk of the tentacle and brings it back towards the stove. "If all else fails deep fried and salted usually works"


    Geth roll 1d20+5 for nature or arcana to figure out what this appendage might be from.

    Geth roll 1d20+4 to fry up whatever this is

    nature or arcana to figure out what this appendage might be from:
    1d20+5 14 [1d20=9]
    to fry up whatever this is:
    1d20+4 13 [1d20=9]

    Sleep on
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited February 17
    Bern is wary of revealing too much, a sudden bout of paranoia overtaking him. So he talks in general terms.

    He tells Oak how the New Bloods were all talk about more dying, making a point of mentioning the Wild Bunch as potential victims. He says Zook is a right prick, and that he asked Bern to join them.

    He doesn’t say who has a grudge against Zook, lest this be overheard by someone unwanted.

    Geth roll 1d20+1 for Perception for Spies

    Edit: Changed that from Wild Bunch to just Oak, makes more sense.

    Perception for Spies:
    1d20+1 10 [1d20=9]

    Endless_Serpents on
  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    ((OOC: I'm going to assume Jack is in the galley watching Michael cook, unless he's shooed out for being a pest ))

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Oak frowns. "Seems like they aren't much a fan of this voyage. Might have it out for us personally as well."

    "I heard something similar from the Outsiders group as well, some concerns around our destination. Seems to be they are more focused on be'in tricked to their death though, rather than assumin' everyone else will die." Oak pauses again, thinking through what Bern has shared. "Ya think we need to be watchin' our backs? Or is there something can be done about them New Bloods?"

    OOC:I'm assuming we're sitting in the Orlop deck at this point just waiting for everyone else to show up.

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    [Arno will find the truth of their weather prediction tomorrow, sometime in the afternoon!…]

    Arno leaves #73 with Derbin for the evening, who seems to be both honored and delighted by the assignment to watch the Bearman! Derbin begins to show #73 the lay of the land, and takes him for a guided tour around the ship, several worried Buccaneers following behind…

    In the meantime, Arno attempts to track down the Gensai Prophet they’d heard the Captain complaining about. It doesn’t take you very long. Arno soon finds a group has taken space from the drinking and revelry above, to take refuge near the Ship’s Capstan, and listen to a Gensai speak

    DISCIPLES
    Zephyr, Yis, Zik, Vix, Ux, Crude, Busk, Dead-Armed-Steve, Eilibis, Hugo

    The Genasi is measured, but charismatic. “We are in *unprecedented* times, my friends! But the stars and the signs are not without guidance! I spoke to you of the vanishing island, and the lizards sent to sea! (reassuring noises throughout the crowd). Now, I tell you that Drox is but one…the first of many…who will die aboard this craft! (frustrated, angry noises) Friends! Friends! Take heart! For though the path has been forseen, the future is not forever set in stone! (Happy, curious noises from the crowd)”

    Zephy the Wind Genasi sees Arno enter the room. He nods at you, knowingly.

    [Arno, do you interrupt? Do you sit and watch? This Genasi may be a charlatan, or a true believer…you can’t tell, from the little you’ve seen of him thus far]

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited February 17
    [Michael identifites the strange creature as a Grell!:]
    zb11od6kj9gp.png

    [Though he has never seen or had the opportunity to handle one before (certainly not one this large…he didn’t even think they *GOT* this large…), Michael has found that with the right amount of oil, one can deep-fry nearly anything! He also may attempt to synthesize the barbs and poisons insider the limb, in an attempt to develop poisons or antitoxins...]

    [Jack may make his way to the Orlop Deck, hefting a *gigantic*, breaded and fried tentacle over his shoulder like a giant trophy/lollipop!]

    [Arno will not have time to rejoin the group tonight, busy as they are learning the weather and approaching the Cult Leader. However! Oak and Bern can be assumed to have walked back and earned some privacy, Urixes may soon follow from his toast, and Jack may come shortly thereafter, bearing his foul “turkey leg” aloft his shoulders…]

    mrpaku on
  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    Arno just can't help themselves, they have to interject.

    "Oh, how did the demon and the witch fit into your vision? Or was it more that the spirit spoke to you directly? And I know this is a small part, but the island didn't really vanish, it was just an interdimensional whale that was no longer willing to stay put and drink in the blood of the inhabitants."

    OCC: Are any of the Rak'ta or Chameleons from the island among the disciples? Might be useful to know if Zephy's prophecies actually refer to the Dark Glen or seem to be just the view from the outside.

  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    Jack looks like a cat that swallowed a canary as he makes his way back through the ship, cheerfully waving to people as they step aside for the... snack. He's had plenty of it by the time he reaches the meeting area, but it's barely made a dent on the thing.

    "Hey guys, I brought snacks! Or, just one big one." He finds some room on the desk they'd hauled down there and puts it down with a meaty (literally) thud, sitting down with an exhausted sigh, "Very big one. So, what'd I miss?"

    ((OOC: Feel free to slot me anywhere in your RP, Jack's technically still waiting for the frying to finish! ))

    mrpaku
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    [ARNO]

    OOC:Correct! Yis the Rak’ta came onboard at Villam and stayed when the rest of the Lizardfolk departed: the chameleons Crude and Busk did the same. They seem to have come to Zephyr’s group very quickly.

    Zephyr looks over almost expectantly at your interruption, and smiles widely. “Friends, we have a very special visitor come to join us today! Arno, the Heart of the Metamorphic!” There is nodding and chattering among the assembled group…they seem pleased to see you here, but also completely unsurprised (did Zephyr somehow mention you were coming?)

    “We were hoping you would be coming to join us today! You face has crossed my visions before now, but there was never a proper opportunity to meet! I am Zephyr, Air Genasi, Master Gunner aboard the ship…and newly awakened listener, to the ebb and flow of the Twilight Expanse. I was but a simply wanderer in my former life…but upon coming to this place, and breaching the threshold….my eyes have been opened. Come, come, sit!” Zephyr has several of his followers grab a chair to bring to sit next to his at the front of the group.

    The Genasi strokes his beard mystically as he asks you to repeat your questions. He slowly parses out answers, marking dramatic patterns in the sky with his hands as he does so. “The spirit speaks in riddles. Mostly, it will show me things. It spoke not of a demon. As to Witches…I saw three dark colors, swirling around as the Expanse turns: Red, Green, and Gold. Two days before the island was…gone…the Red was wiped out, as though scrubbed from the map. It was later, when I heard of the Red Witch from my friends Busk and Crude here,” The Chameleons look pleased to have been included, and smile over at Arno, “I was able to put together what my vision entailed.”

    Zephyr listens as Arno describes the actual state of events on Villam. He looks far away…but if he’s been thrown off, he doesn’t seem to show it. “This is…fascinating. I will need to meditate on this. Hugo?” The Ships Doctor comes over. “Can you take notes on all this please? I must compare it to my dream journal later…”

    Zephyr finally turns his full attention back to you. “Arno, I’m glad you have come here today. I have seen a vision of the ship broken and abandoned…were it not for the help of you, and the other Metamorphic.” The Genasi looks up at you earnestly. “…and I believe you will need my help. I would like to offer my services, to you and to the Wild Bunch, to ensure that we avoid this dark future I have foreseen.” The group around you looks up at Arno, expectant for their response.
    ---

    [ORLOP DECK]

    [The rest of the Wild Bunch may be assumed to have met up on the Orlop Deck, away from prying eyes and ears! #73 still follows Derbin up around the party, and Fusspot nests overhead. Please compare any further notes, and then describe how you plan on tackling your objectives tomorrow (remember, the Captain gave you a full 24-hours off, so how you approach your day will be largely up to you, unless there is another ship-wide event like today was!) Although Arno won’t be in attendance, someone can be assumed to have slipped them a note with relevant planning details/information before tomorrow’s weather report (which will come with a current summary of the information your group has discerned so far!)]

  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    "Ugh, spirit riddles. Why do so many spirits and fae speak indirectly, seems like a very frustrating world to live in. Though, if the Witch was the red, what could be the Green and Gold? And if Green and Gold remain, are they helpful or hindrances? Perhaps the Green are the Rak'ta and Chameleons who have joined the ship and aided us so well. Perhaps in your dreams the hue of green has changed a bit to reflect the unification of the two groups? Gold could represent the ship itself, or perhaps they are the next group we shall meet and need to work with? Or the green could be the evil serpent god and gold the blessing of the other gods as we work to thwart evil's will? At least, I feel like this treasure will be evil thwarting, still a bit vague on that part."

    "DREAM JOURNAL! Let me see, let me see, I love these. I managed to work through Refi's journal to get a better understanding of the weather patterns, I wonder if your dreams might have a similar flow? Did you have any songs or haikus in your dreams?"

    "Well, I can't speak for the rest of the group, but I'm always willing to listen and consider others. Tell me, what services do you mean? I would like to avoid dark futures, though it sounds like the spirit riddles are already really hard to understand, we might just work hard to avoid darkness and simply hope it works out like the prophesy says. The Captain did ask that we work hard to keep the rest of the crew safe and in good spirits, so anything we can do together on that front I'd be happy to help."

    OOC: has 73 been slipping? Because no one else should know about his Metamorphic nature.

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    With Jack and Urixes joining them in the Orlop Deck, Oak opens up about the Outsiders and what Rax hinted that he wanted done. "I ain't stealing the map, but weren't 'bout to tell his that to his face."

    "They've got a point, though. Villum has stirred everyone up, and if we're headed into something deeper, we'll have to find a way keep the crew from revolting every time something crazy happens."

    mrpaku
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    OOC: No one currently onboard knows about #73’s Metamorphic Nature (although it’s possible a few individuals may suspect, and Zephyr may be one of them). Zephyr refers here to Arno and the Wild Bunch as the Metamorphic Ones, not #73.
    ---

    Zephyr strokes his beard at Arno’s further assessment. “My belief in the vision was that the Green and Gold were sisters of the Red. I felt it…the way you sense something for certain in a dream. The colors seemed to radiate sickness, and disease. And the way they revolved, as though on plates…I sensed places, slowly spinning, here in the Expanse. Locations infected by darkness”

    “But, that is for a more fortunate day when we can consider such things,” Zephyr smiles, then laughs as Arno reaches out eagerly for his Dream Journal. “And, it is unfortunately why I cannot share my visions with you at the moment. You see, when not attempting to convince others of the deep spiritual nature of this place, I spend my downtime away from the Gun Deck pondering the messages in this journal, endlessly. I believe it’s trying to send me a warning, of *IMMINENT DANGER*, but I’m not quite there yet….however, I have gleamed this. Our journey may well end at the Grey Maw, if we do not take care and grow the ship as a family. This, I have foreseen with a certainty!”

    Zephyr puffs himself up at talk of services. “*Well*, now that I know for certain you are amenable, personally, I will continue to share what messages I come to understand from my visions of the Expanse! I also have a bit of magical expertise, and a small cache of magical supplies and spell components (for a fair price, of course!), should you need to stock yourself up before major expeditions. I have seen the Metamorphic in many perilous situations in my visions, and would do what I could to help!”

    “I can also promise you the loyalty and assistance of my friends here!” here Zephyr gestures to the assembled crowd, who all nod along. “Should you need eyes and ears about the ship, you have only to ask: I have told these fine people that in the vision I have of the Ship’s Survival, it is Arno is sitting at the Ship’s Wheel! They know the importance, of the work you and I do here.”

    “I would only make one request of you. Please, should you find yourself in the position…attempt to convince the Crew my intentions, and those of my friends, are good? I feel a fair few of these people onboardfear me, and the truth of what I have to say. They believe I attempt to drive a mutiny, when nothing could be further from the truth. They are many who will not believe me, despite what I say. But you, Arno…they may believe you. Will you do this favor for me?”

    “Oh, and one final thing, I had forgotten…that I can do for you,” the Genasi fumbles around his belt, producing a deck of weather beaten and dog eared cards. “The dreams came to me but twenty days ago, and I am still learning to unravel them…but I had some small talent with foresight, even before.” He extends the deck to you face down and fanned out. Zephyr smiles at Arno. “Would you like to pick a card, to catch a glimpse of your future?”

    [Arno, will you agree to speak well of Zephyr and his group? And would you like to take a card from the deck, and have Zephyr attempt to tell your future?]

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    “Hm. It’s a tough one. Treasure does a man good. Might have to ask the captain for when we can next grab some proper loot.”, Bern muses.

    “I think we might have to get each group onboard with us bit at a time, ‘til all groups are one. My pals the Old Hunters have said they’ll show respect if one of you can hook a huge catch. They seem easier to please than most. They don’t value personal schemes, just whether you show the sea proper rites, and the sea tips her hat to you in turn.”

    Bern thinks any one of you could catch a big fish. He’d be willing to grant magic (a d6) to aid you, and for a bit of an extra push, a cup of his own blood lowered next to the line. Dinosaur-fish must love snow elf blood, that’s why you rarely see them out here. That’s science!

    mrpaku
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Oak grunts. "Huge catch. That sounds like exactly what an old sea dog would respect. I can take a turn at the line to try and rustle something up. I'd rather play at hard work than politics anyways. Let's you and me find a time to go fishing."

    "For the Outsiders, they just want fair treatment. If we can get the Old Hunters to respect us, we might be able to get them to accept the Outsiders as regular crew."

    Endless_Serpents
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    DM NOTE: If anyone would know about where and how to go about finding a Strange Catch out here, it would be Killian the Master Striker! Captain Arabella may know the location of some "proper loot"...but she isn't the only one. Bern senses if anyone knew the location of a score out here, Calthus the Dragonborn may, and once Arno is caught up on this conversation, they believe Zephyr the Genasi's skill at prophecy may be tested by attempting to "vision" something worthwhile out...

    AustinP0027Endless_Serpents
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited February 18
    OOC: Reading my character sheet I legit just have fishing tackle, the works.

    Endless_Serpents on
    AustinP0027mrpakuSleep
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Will Jack @Glal and Urixes @Denada be joining Oak and Bern in pursuit of a Legendary Catch tomorrow, or pursuing a different avenue towards your objectives?

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Bern is vibing.

    mrpakuAustinP0027
  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    "The gunnery crew are with us after today, but I can't be sure about the rest of the Buccaneers. Most of them are not fans of ... well anyone but themselves, really. Perhaps we can make use of some of these 'problems' on the ship. Prophecies and rumors could be quite powerful if we turn them to our advantage.

    "In any case, I can't take another day of Dead-Arm Steve's monologuing. I can join you on the hunt and help find something in the water. A big catch means a big meal, and full stomachs make happy sailors."

    mrpakuEndless_SerpentsAustinP0027
  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    Jack tilts his head from person to person as they talk, perking up when fish are mentioned, "A huge catch? Do we get to eat it after?" That reminds him and he takes a bite out of his now-diminished but still substantial snack.

    He tempts Fusspot from the rafters with some of the grilled monster, "If you were thinking of taking the boat out I could man it while you fish? Otherwise, I was thinking of maybe doing some training with Mister Fusspot- we keep bumping into trouble and I want to keep him safe."

    ((OOC: Jack was thinking of training the griffon to be better at following commands. Not necessarily to fight, he's just a wee thing, but having him understand more specific/complex commands would be good ))

    mrpaku
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited February 18
    OOC: Killian is going to encourage you to take the Long Boat (teethered to the Curse) out tomorrow to seek your Legendary Catch...Jack may spend part of his "Gone' Fishing" day to begin training Fusspot to perform simple commands while out on the water, if you'd like!

    CURRENT SCRIBBLED UPDATES TO THE SHIP’S MANIFEST- DAY 21
    Refi (Sea Artist)- (Trustworthy??)

    Calvin (1st Gunner) -Respects/ed by OAK and JACK

    Aloysius (Master Carpenter)- Respects/ed by OAK

    The Bucaneers want Zook the Traitor dead! Bern has sent secret word to the Captain of Calthus’s ire, and Zook’s purported ill deeds.

    The GUNNERS are all onboard with the Wild Bunch (with the exception of Aloro and Zik, who aren’t sold on you all yet)

    Drox, 7th Gunner and Rak’ta from Far Aeson, was eaten by a giant mutant Grell! However, this monster was discovered to be THE PUSHER, and the assault led by the Wild Bunch drove it way (for now…) This caused MORALE to increase across the Ship!

    The OUTSIDERS are quiet supporters of the Wild Bunch (with the exception of the Chameleons Vix and Busk, who were at the Battle of the Elwood). However! They mistrust the intentions of management, and seek to take a look at the TREASURE MAP once again…

    Captain Arabella has disclosed to Urixes that she fears Deep-One Spawn…and that you may encounter them in the Grey Maw!

    The NEW BLOODS seem to be a pack of conniving assholes!

    Arno has met the Prophet Zephyr…and he seemed trustworthy? He certainly wasn’t the Cult Leader that had been described to you, and he made it clear that he had magical knowledge and items at his disposal he was willing to trade with the Wild Bunch.

    Arno also said tomorrow's weather would be pleasant, balm...with a fish storm?...That can't possibly be right, can it?...

    mrpaku on
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited February 18
    OOC: Arno and Zephyr’s scene slots in just before the morning. They may choose to join the Wild Bunch on their fishing expedition or stay aboard the Curse, as they’d like! Mister Fusspot will be in attendance…please let me know if #73 is joining as well (although that will be one *seriously* packed boat…, unless you should choose to take more than one...)

    [DAY 22- THE OPEN SEA]

    TODAY’S WEATHER CALLS FOR: TEMPERATURES IN THE 70s, SLIGHTLY CLOUDY, WITH MILD WINDS AND A STRONG PRESSURE FRONT OCCURING IN THE LATE AFTERNOON

    TODAY’S EVENTS: GONE FISHIN’

    Captain Arabella passes you all as you come up to the Main Deck: Zook, Crude and Grit are in tow. “Ah! Up already on your day off, huh? Well, enjoy it! Gonna use this time to build some skills among the Crew, see if you can teach these fuckers anything…figured I’d have Crude and Grit show Zook here the kind of busy work you Deckhands get up to.” Captain Ari looks meaningfully at first Urixes, and then Bern. “Hey, don’t worry about it though, eh? Go enjoy your day off! I’ve got this!”

    As the Captain departs, pointing out the tar bucket to Zook as they all leave, you can see Killian the Striker looking out over the railing, his yellowed hand clutching a cigarette. The Old Hunter looks out over the beautiful ocean water, watching the sun rise…

    mrpaku on
  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    "Zephyr, as long as you work to keep everyone safe, I'll only speak well of you. Just don't do anything creepy like start calling shipmates 'unbelievers' or 'heretics' or something like that. That just gets tempers up. If you feel like you have a concern that needs to be addressed, just let me know and I'll help you get it addressed.

    And please don't let 'grow this ship as a family' be code for something. I was in a caravan with a Goliath once who wanted to 'bring the group together.' Turns out he meant in a soup! Not...not one of my better trips.

    So in summary, thank you for your kind words and offer to help, and I will do my best to let others know your good intentions. Oh, and yes please, lets see what my fortune holds!"


    [The next day]

    Something itching at the back of their brain, Arno declines the invitation to go fishing. Something Zephyr said, about the Red being a sister. Arno looks out for Rax the Respondent, hoping he is in a talkative mood about what occurred with the Red Witch.

    "Ahoy Rax, hope I'm not intruding. Just, so much happened the past few days, I realized, I had never got the chance to ask what occurred when you and the Fox Gang met the Red Witch. Would you have time to spin a tale?"

    AustinP0027mrpaku
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited February 19
    Oak frowns. "Seems like they aren't much a fan of this voyage. Might have it out for us personally as well."

    "I heard something similar from the Outsiders group as well, some concerns around our destination. Seems to be they are more focused on be'in tricked to their death though, rather than assumin' everyone else will die." Oak pauses again, thinking through what Bern has shared. "Ya think we need to be watchin' our backs? Or is there something can be done about them New Bloods?"

    OOC:I'm assuming we're sitting in the Orlop deck at this point just waiting for everyone else to show up.

    “I do think splitting the New Bloods up might be an option to consider. The Captain herself has already taken Zook and put him to work under her supervision today, so that’s a step in that direction.”



    The following day Bern is up bright and early, fishing gear slung over his shoulder.

    He regards his fellow bard, “I’ve the day off officially, but by evening when it’s time the sing I’ll be there with you. Thanks for looking after the crew during the rainbow rain. Did a bang up job. Anything you need after I’ve watched those lads catch up something decent to eat, I’m yours mate.”

    He hands her a little bundle wrapped in cloth. Inside it is five candles (they come with the entertainer’s pack).

    “Not much of a bonus! But might be nice bit of atmosphere for an eldarin story some night.”

    He claps her on the shoulder like she’s a big rough cutter, then nods.

    He goes to meet up with the Wild Bunch.

    Endless_Serpents on
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Oak stretches his shoulders, loosening muscles as he steps onto the top deck. They had decided yesterday that today they would try and do something to get the Old Hunters on their side, and sure enough, there was Killian standing by the railing. Oak notices the rest of the Wild Bunch congregating around, so he takes the moment to approach Killian.

    "Killian." he says loudly, catching the other man's attention as he approaches the railing. "Word is you might know of a good place to fish 'round here. Got the day off and an urge to catch something, so lookin' fer a little tip on a good huntin' ground."

  • SleepSleep Registered User regular
    edited February 19
    You'll run into Michael up on the deck as well, he is bundling up a net full of sablefish.

    He calls over to you, "I hear you're headed out fishing today!", continuing on as he synches the net close upon his catch, "just getting a little catch myself", (there is clearly enough here to feed a large number of people 10 for a day 30 for one meal)

    "Jack's inspired me to make a little fried fish for the crew today, I'm just lucky the trawl picked these little guys up", he gives his fish bundle a little shake.

    "What are you looking to bag out there today?"

    Sleep on
  • SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Geth roll 1d6 for experimental elixer

    experimental elixer:
    1d6 4 [1d6=4]

Sign In or Register to comment.