As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[D&D 5E] Whispered Curse, Day 32- The Grey Maw

1626365676873

Posts

  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    Jack gains a distant, dreamy look on his face at the man's question "...it was the most delicious meal I ever had." His stomach growls.

    ---

    Waltzing parallel to their new companion, Jack is happy to keep spinning his tales, some remixes of their own adventures, others he'd picked up along the way. Either by chance or intent he doesn't bring up any that might too closely resemble the man's own plight.

    He's just recounting a feast on the ship (that one did happen) when he spots the jiggly cube and slows his pace, "...um. Can everyone see that dessert up ahead?"

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited June 21
    The Forlorn Soldier (his stomach still grumbling from Jack's tales of food) *nods* at Jack's question, and his hand goes back to his sword...

    NOTES:
    - The Cube is a behemoth: it occupies most of the breathable tunnel space, and sags over both sides of the bridge
    -It is uphill of you right now, heading this way
    -Five feet of water are running slowly below you in the tunnel, hindering movement. It also hasn't been recently flushed, so the odds of it being unclean water are *likely*
    - Group is too far from the mouth of the tunnel to turn back and try to huff it at this point (it would catch you all first)
    - Arno, Jack, and Oak: seeing this thing means you get one "turn" to gather and prepare...then I'll need everyone to please roll Initiative!

    mrpaku on
  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    "Eww, I hate these things. They are always sticky and touching them burns your skin off. Olaf, Eric, Balog, get ready to jump in the water with Gertie if we can't slow it down.

    Ranged weapons ready?"

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Oak sees it as soon as Jack points it out. He had been on edge since they came in this place and it had finally landed. "Damn it all. Look out." He grumbles.

    OOC: Is this prep as in surprise round take an action or just prep the group?

  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    Urixes peers ahead. "What thing? There's... Is that a floating shield?"

    Geth, roll 1d20+3 for Wisdom Check

    Wisdom Check:
    1d20+3 15 [1d20=12]

  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    "So, not a dessert?" There's still some hope in his tone, replaced by disappointment, "Shame, I could do with some right now. Range sounds like a plan- keep back, Mister Fusspot!"

    He pulls out his longbow and nocks an arrow, aiming it at the jiggly behemoth, the sight making his stomach complain once more. "I vote second breakfast after this? Oak, you're a big fellow, you could go for seconds, right?"

    mrpaku
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited June 22
    Bern is Berning around.

    Endless_Serpents on
  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    ((OOC: haha bard goes brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrn ))

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited June 22
    OOC: Is this prep as in surprise round take an action or just prep the group?

    CURRENT MAP-
    fpdqq8hodxgf.jpg

    Surprise Round: if the group chooses to move back* (edit) for any reason I'll include more map, but behind you all is more of the same, tunnel-wise. Keep in mind each of you is occupying a roughly 5x5 square space when taking movement into account. The Gelatinous Cube is about fifty feet away from Jack and Oak (the Frontline) at the present moment.

    Olaf and Erik (Allies 2 and 3) both stand ready to *shove* the donkey (Edit: Gerdie token to be included next round, in front of the wagon...*knew* I forgot something!) and the wagon into the small river below the bridge if things go wrong here. The Soldier (Ally 4) has produced a light crossbow from his equipment, and from the back rows, Balog (Ally 1) has taken out a Heavy Crossbow. They're currently loading them

    The Wild Bunch seems to have chosen to open up on the thing through ranged attacks: when ready, make a ranged attack on this thing with Advantage (due to "seeing" it before it "sees" you). Please include an Intiative Roll as well, to see if you guys manage to put together a second round of attacks afterwards, or if the Behemoth Cube *immediately* makes down the tunnel...

    z7ww9xdpsu54.png

    mrpaku on
  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    edited June 22
    Geth roll 2d20k1+7 for produce flame

    Geth roll 2d8 for fire on hit


    OOC Why would there be a retreat option, you said we couldn't huff it?

    Edit: seems that flame only has a 30ft reach, so frostbite with 60ft range [i'll move up 5 feet], jello needs to make a dc 15 con save, failure gives disadvantage to next weapon attack roll [really, need to specify weapon? geez, I need to remember to take a lawyer eye view of these spells for the future.]

    produce flame:
    2d20k1+7 23 [2d20k1=[16], 12]
    fire:
    2d8 8 [2d8=5, 3]

    zekebeau on
    mrpaku
  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    geth roll 1d20+2 for initiative

    initiative:
    1d20+2 13 [1d20=11]

  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    Jack murmurs "...do arrows even hurt living dessert? Won't they just sink?" Only one way to find out!

    Geth, roll 1d20+9 for Longbow Shot
    Geth, roll 1d8+4 for Longbow Damage
    Geth, roll 1d20+4 for Initiative

    Longbow Shot:
    1d20+9 20 [1d20=11]
    Longbow Damage:
    1d8+4 10 [1d8=6]
    Initiative:
    1d20+4 17 [1d20=13]

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    “Fair point…”, Bern says with a grin, “But it’s good fun.”

    Then he starts to sing a shanty.

    “Stamp and go lads, stamp and go, we’ll need a lot a salt and a club to beat it / Stamp and go lads, stamp and go, an ooze ain’t an ooze if you don’t feed it!”

    The sea shanty seems more knowledgeable on oozes than the singer, unfortunately.

    Geth roll 1d20 for Initiative
    Geth roll 1d20+2 for Crossbow Shot
    Geth roll 1d6 for Crossbow Damage

    Initiative:
    1d20 12 [1d20=12]
    Crossbow Shot:
    1d20+2 22 [1d20=20]
    Crossbow Damage:
    1d6 2 [1d6=2]

    mrpakuGlal
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    @Glal roll again, you’ve got advantage! I also forgot, but I think that’ll do for mine.

    mrpaku
  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    @Endless_Serpents don't forget to add your dex to damage [thank you 5e] and roll your crit [as immune to crits is now a lot more rare

    Geth roll 2d6 for cold damage on a fail

    cold damage:
    2d6 5 [2d6=4, 1]

    mrpakuEndless_Serpents
  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    ((OOC: Gosh, where is my brain today... ))

    Geth, roll 1d20+9 for Longbow Shot Advantage

    Longbow Shot Advantage:
    1d20+9 18 [1d20=9]

    Endless_Serpents
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited June 22
    Arno steps forward, and shoots out a *frosty, chilling blast* at the Cube, sending a sheet of ice up one side of the creature. Jack and Bern each follow up by *opening fire* at the shivering ooze. Both shots sink in…although where Bern’s shot goes straight through the massive thing, Jack’s seems to strike at a strange angle, and be driven sideways...

    It quickly becomes apparent to the group that this “dessert” may be made of tougher stuff than others (AC 14)…
    Geth roll 1d6 Crossbow Critical (Bern)

    Edit: Crossbow Critical Overwritten by Endless's Roll! :)


    The Forlorn Soldier follows Jack and Bern's lead and lets fly with his crossbow, followed shortly by the loud *THWUNK* of Balog firing with his own heavy bow from behind!
    Geth roll 2d20+6 Light Crossbow (Soldier)

    Geth roll 1d8+3 piercing

    Geth roll 1d8+3 Critical Hit

    Geth roll 2d20+8 Heavy Crossbow (Balog)

    Geth roll 1d10+5 piercing


    Well above you, the shimmering mass takes in ALL the arrows and bolts, and slowly begins to *wobble* itself to roiling life…
    Geth roll 1d20-2 Initiative (Behemoth Cube)

    OOC:
    zekebeau wrote:
    OOC: Why would there be a retreat option, you said we couldn't huff it?

    Excellent question! However, Clarification Denied, for the moment!

    Crossbow Critical (Bern):
    1d6 1 [1d6=1]
    Light Crossbow (Soldier):
    2d20+6 29 [2d20=10, 13]
    piercing:
    1d8+3 11 [1d8=8]
    Critical Hit:
    1d8+3 11 [1d8=8]
    Heavy Crossbow (Balog):
    2d20+8 27 [2d20=12, 7]
    piercing:
    1d10+5 6 [1d10=1]
    Initiative (Behemoth Cube):
    1d20-2 18 [1d20=20]

    mrpaku on
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Balog and the Forlorn Soldier's shots both hit the monster directly! Each *slams* into the thick goop, slowing the moment it enters the jello-like heap...(-45 damage taken so far...the Cube looks wounded, but whole)

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Oak watches as everyone unloads their weapons on the cube. He grabs his harpoon and starts forward, needing to get into range. But as he closes in, he has another idea, stowing the harpoon and reaching into his bag and pulling out a potion that Jack would likely remember. Ripping out the stopper with his teeth, he drinks down the orange liquid. Feeling the warmth build in his chest, he exhales fire onto the cube.

    OOC: Need to be within 30 feet anyways for harpoon. So instead will use Potion of Fire Breathing. Dex save DC 13. Half damage on save for cube.

    Geth, roll 4d6 for Fire Dmg
    Geth, roll 1d20+2 for Init

    Fire Dmg:
    4d6 13 [4d6=3, 2, 6, 2]
    Init:
    1d20+2 22 [1d20=20]

    Glalmrpaku
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Oak strolls forward confidentially towards the creature, taking a long draught from the fire potion. Holding the liquid in his mouth for as long as he can bear it, he gets within range, and proceeds to *soak* the creature with a blast of hot fire!

    Geth roll 1d20-2 Dex Save vs. Fire

    CURRENT MAP-
    ixev16vfyrmu.jpg

    OOC: Turn to Urixes ( @Denada )

    Dex Save vs. Fire:
    1d20-2 9 [1d20=11]

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Geth roll 1d6+1 for More Damage Please

    More Damage Please:
    1d6+1 7 [1d6=6]

  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    "Oh now I see it," Urixes says, tendrils of purple smoke already rising up from the ground near the cube. He lets loose with his trademark eldritch blasts, while his trusty tentacle springs up from the bridge and slaps at the gelatinous surface with a lightning-wreathed strike.

    Geth, roll 2d20k1+8 for Eldritch Blast 1 vs GC
    Geth, roll 1d10+4 for Force Damage 1
    Geth, roll 2d20k1+8 for Eldritch Blast 2 vs GC
    Geth, roll 1d10+4 for Force Damage 2
    Geth, roll 2d20k1+8 for Grasp of the Deep vs GC
    Geth, roll 1d8 for Lightning Damage

    Eldritch Blast 1 vs GC:
    2d20k1+8 27 [2d20k1=[19], 9]
    Force Damage 1:
    1d10+4 7 [1d10=3]
    Eldritch Blast 2 vs GC:
    2d20k1+8 15 [2d20k1=[7], 2]
    Force Damage 2:
    1d10+4 13 [1d10=9]
    Grasp of the Deep vs GC:
    2d20k1+8 27 [2d20k1=[19], 4]
    Lightning Damage:
    1d8 8 [1d8=8]

    Endless_SerpentsmrpakuAustinP0027
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Bern reloads his crossbow and keeps it steady, but chooses to look around for something worse, and to make sure everyone is alright. He doesn’t exactly trust the dwarfs, and that warrior’s head is beyond the clouds, absolutely up the World Tree. Fortunately battle brings out the truth in men’s eyes.

    Geth roll 1d20+1 for Perception

    OOC: I figure you lot have enough damage output for this cube, so I’m just messing about.

    DM, do I see anything besides the thing we’re fighting? Anything on the ceiling? Anything behind us?

    Perception:
    1d20+1 19 [1d20=18]

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    As Urixes lights up the cave with his eldritch blasts, you can all see the Massive Flan clearly, and the bones and bodies, arrows and bolts which have come to rest inside it. The front end has been frozen, lit aflame, and magically *blasted*, and a massive scorch mark seems permanently burned into the thing. The “giant dessert” lets out an unsettling, wet *SQUELCHING* noise. Slowly, the Behemoth Cube creeps forward, the items and air pockets within its frame beginning to jiggle and shift. The giant moves with an unexpected speed, and it is already picking up momentum as it rolls down the bridge towards the party…

    Oak came out on top for Intiative; he gets *one more move*, then the Behemoth Cube will be *rolling* down the bridge towards you all!


    Olaf and Erik both move into position near the side of the bridge: they’re ready to jump any second, and push in Gerdie if need be (and from the looks of it, it will). Balog strolls forward to fill the space in the ranks, eager to show his worth. The Forlorn Soldier doesn’t move...the man’s crossbow has fallen to his side, and he stares at the Cube with something like recognition in his eyes…

    BERN

    Bern, what you Perception tells you:
    1. In the small holes in the walls, and overhead all around you: countless, tiny eyes, flickering tongues. The snakes have been drawn out... although, not yet all the way. To watch the fight? Perhaps, to take in the spoils afterwards? Strange behavior, to be sure...

    2. Parts of the Gelatinous Cube have been blasted off by Urixes’s assault. The individual hunks of jello *twitch* along the floor: at least one, Bern could have sworn, convulsed back to life, and *shot* into one of the many holes all around you…

    3. The visible items floating within the cube are mostly coins, hunks of dissolving bone, the odd brick and the like. However, one recent meal is *very* apparent: within its swirling interior, a dead body, mostly still whole. The clothes look to be those of a sailor; maybe even a pirate such as yourself

    4. The dead body within the Cube is what has caught the Forlorn Soldier’s attention, so much so that he has forgotten himself and can’t tear his eyes away. He knew this man

    Once the Cube has made its move, turn to the rest of the Wild Bunch!

  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    mrpaku wrote: »
    Oak came out on top for Intiative; he gets *one more move*, then the Behemoth Cube will be *rolling* down the bridge towards you all!
    xey3pi71uz8n.gif

    mrpaku
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    edited June 24
    His fire potion spent, Oak tosses the empty flask to the side. He glances back at the group, seeing the lack of an escape before turning back to the cube. They didn't have a way to run, and this thing was intent on swallowing them whole. The Shifter finds his hands gripping his axe, an angry growl escaping his throat as it was clear this thing didn't want to leave any of them alive.

    Ignoring the logic that dictated staying at range, he instead charged forward to swipe at it with his axe. He would tear it apart chunk by chunk if he had to.

    OOC:I just can't see Oak standing back and throwing anything at it....

    Raging.

    Geth, roll 1d20+8 for Attacking the Cube
    Geth, roll 1d12+7 for Damage


    Geth, roll 1d20+8 for Attacking the Cube 2
    Geth, roll 1d12+7 for Damage

    Attacking the Cube:
    1d20+8 12 [1d20=4]
    Damage:
    1d12+7 11 [1d12=4]
    Attacking the Cube 2:
    1d20+8 25 [1d20=17]
    Damage:
    1d12+7 10 [1d12=3]

    AustinP0027 on
    mrpaku
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited June 23
    Bad. Ass. Inspiration to Oak if he didn’t have it previously!

    Oak runs to meet the foul thing before it can pick up proper steam, and *ROARS* as he angrily carves at it with his Great Axe! The first swing *wobbles* off the strange, rubbery mass: but the second finds purchase *deep* within the center!

    Perhaps…*too* deep. As Oak tries to reclaim the demon-weapon, he feels the Flan *struggle* back against him: to attempt to keep the Axe, and the arm it’s attached to as well…

    Oak, please make a Dex Saving Throw (DC 14) to avoid being Engulfed. In case of success, please let me know if Oak bounces off underneath (ending up behind) or to the sides (likely getting knocked off a side of the bridge) of the Behemoth Cube

    mrpaku on
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    edited June 23
    Edit: OOC:Oak will bounce off underneath and end up behind the thing.

    Geth, roll 2d20k1+2 for Dex Save

    Dex Save:
    2d20k1+2 19 [2d20k1=[17], 11]

    AustinP0027 on
    mrpaku
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Oak manages to use the Cube’s momentum against it, and rolls underneath the jello as it presses its full weight down onto him! There are a terrible few seconds where he is crushed underneath it and pancaked onto the bridge. It *feels* impossibly claustrophobic, like sucking wet bags of waters are smothering the life from him. But then the moment is gone and the Cube has rolled past, away from Oak, and down towards his friends…

    CURRENT MAP-
    cgby0zbjw8ks.jpg

    The Mega-Flan rolls *quickly*, and as it flies down the bridge, tendrils *whip out* from the body of the cube and beat against the floors and walls, building up its momentum!

    Two of these tendrils manage to *strike* at Arno and Jack where they stand on the frontlines…
    Geth roll 1d20+5 Pseudopod-Slap (Jack)

    Geth roll 3d6+2 acid damage

    Geth roll 1d20+5 Pseudopod-Slap (Arno)

    Geth roll 3d6+2 acid damage

    The Thing is now upon you all…

    OOC:One turn to finish it off or find a way to get clear: on a next turn (should no one move) the Cube will be in range to Engulf *several, possibly all* of you!

    Turn to the Wild Bunch!

    Pseudopod-Slap (Jack):
    1d20+5 13 [1d20=8]
    acid damage:
    3d6+2 14 [3d6=1, 6, 5]
    Pseudopod-Slap (Arno):
    1d20+5 6 [1d20=1]
    acid damage:
    3d6+2 8 [3d6=3, 1, 2]

  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    "Ha, you missed," Arno smirks' as they look up at the ooze. And up. And up. Okay, maybe taunting the giant killer wall of acid is a bad idea.

    "Hey Jack, hope you like dessert cold." Arno takes aim for the top of the behemoth, to keep the splash zone away from allies.

    Geth roll 1d20+7 to hit with Ice Knife

    Geth roll 1d10 piercing damage on hit

    Geth roll 3d6 cold damage to all within 5 feet

    to hit with Ice Knife:
    1d20+7 15 [1d20=8]
    hit:
    1d10 6 [1d10=6]
    cold damage to all within 5 feet:
    3d6 13 [3d6=4, 5, 4]

  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    Jack watches Oak pull out the potion and breeeathe out fire with chagrin, "You still had those?! No fair!" He then watches the humongous thing just swallow the Shifter and shudders, "Gosh, didn't think in the Expanse, desserts ate you..."

    The thing just keeps coming and he pulls out his pistol, aiming it at the wall of jelly about to slam into him, "Stop please STOP PLEASE!"

    Geth, roll 1d20+9 for Pistol Shot
    Geth, roll 1d10+4 for Pistol Damage
    Geth, roll 1d20+9 for Pistol Shot
    Geth, roll 1d10+4 for Pistol Damage

    (OOC: he's going to action surge to go again)

    Geth, roll 1d20+9 for Pistol Shot
    Geth, roll 1d10+4 for Pistol Damage
    Geth, roll 1d20+9 for Pistol Shot
    Geth, roll 1d10+4 for Pistol Damage

    Pistol Shot:
    1d20+9 21 [1d20=12]
    Pistol Damage:
    1d10+4 5 [1d10=1]
    Pistol Shot:
    1d20+9 16 [1d20=7]
    Pistol Damage:
    1d10+4 7 [1d10=3]
    Pistol Shot:
    1d20+9 23 [1d20=14]
    Pistol Damage:
    1d10+4 7 [1d10=3]
    Pistol Shot:
    1d20+9 22 [1d20=13]
    Pistol Damage:
    1d10+4 13 [1d10=9]

    mrpaku
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Arno *chucks* the Ice Knife at the creature as it rolls toward you all, and the magic *explodes* into a sharp, frosty mist along the creature’s bulk! Jack fires…and fires…AND FIRES AND FIRES into the Cube, each shot *popping* along its translucent front side, rippling through the ooze’s middle, and then…

    Whatever infernal binding holding the creature together dramatically gives all at once. The Cube seems to *flinch* inward on itself, and then it quickly, aggressively expands, *exploding* out into a million little pieces of flying acidic goo!

    Everyone downhill from the creature, please make a Dex Saving Throw to try to dodge the Acid Explosion (DC 12). On a success, you only take half acid damage.

    Geth roll 4d5 Acid Bath damage

    The Cube coats the walls, the bridge, the ceilings. Shortly, a curious thing begins to happen. Individual slimes begin to *wriggle* awake. Each part of the creature which hasn’t been charred or blasted to bits begins to slowly come to individual sentience, jiggling around your feet and above your head, like the tunnel has come alive. Most slimes dart down one of the many holes in the tunnel, trying to escape. But a handful around you, with some sort of malevolent intelligence, seem to be gathering around the members of the Bunch, quivering and jiggling with something akin to *fury*.

    And then, the snakes descend

    ewbx0iwk8fyn.png

    From out of a thousand tiny holes lying in wait, snakes begin to *pour* into the room. Fleeing slimes are quickly cornered, and consumed by what seem to be thousands of long, violent reptiles. The handful of aggressive slimes which had tried to turn back at the Bunch are *immediately* swarmed and devoured.

    All around your feet, snakes consume the remains of the Gelatinous Cube. The Dwarves are all currently checking the cart and Gerdie for damage. The Forlorn Solider has sunken to his knees in the center of the Cube’s remains. From out of the ooze, he has pulled the remains of a body, clothed like a pirate and freshly dead. He stares at it with a longing look, and seems not to notice the acidic *sizzle* burning his hands…

    Everyone has time to make exactly one action before the snakes finish their feast. Do you all decide to beat it up the tunnel with haste, and make sure you’re not here when they’re done? Do you stop to Investigate any of the Cube’s remains? As well, it looks like the Forlorn Solider has gone “elsewhere” again…someone will need to roust him once more, if he is to continue following you…

    Acid Bath damage:
    4d5 13 [4d5=3, 4, 1, 5]

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited June 24
    Geth roll 1d6 Gerdie and the Boys

    Olaf's left eye caught a good spit of acid: Erik is currently *desperately* attempting to rinse it with water as the Dwarf cries out in agony. The wagon has been almost entirely destroyed, and its contents look damaged beyond repair or salvage (Someone may attempt to help Balog pull whatever they still can from the wagon if they choose, with Perception). Balog himself looks shaken, and breathes unsteadily. He's not injured, but the stress of the past few days seems to be taking a real physical toll on him.

    Gerdie the Donkey nearly dies...but at the last moment, the Changeling *hurls* themself in the way of the slime blast, saving the helpless creature's life! It brays and kicks among the snakes, spooked and looking to dart, but unable to find a safe place to run. Instead, the animal rears back on its hind legs, trying to stay out of snapping distance of the swarming snakes!

    Gerdie and the Boys:
    1d6 1 [1d6=1]

    mrpaku on
  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    OOC @mrpaku can you confirm, are these evil purple snakes, or just actual prime material plane snakes?

    Further, can I voluntarily fail my saving throw to hurl my body in front of Gerdie and save her from this fate?

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    OOC: Just your run of the mill, prime material plane, acid slime devouring snakes (who are leaving you guys alone right now, but will likely turn aggressive if you stick around)! I'll make special note if/when the purple Far Realm guys show up again

    Failing your throw to take the hit for a new animal friend is a *very* Arno thing to do: 100% allow!

  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    "NOOOO!" Arno leaps in front of the poor Gerdie, knowing the simple, hardworking creature wouldn't be able to withstand even a touch of the acid bath. The sizzling flesh is a small price to pay.


    Normally wanting to make new friends, Arno feels it may be poor form to interrupt their dinner at this time. Also, with this many being this aggressive, it would be less like talking to a creature and more like trying to talk to an entire hive of angry bees. Just a hundred voices talking over each other, not a productive time for communication.

    Arno grabs the soldier, "If this is one you wanted to save, I'll help you carry them out of here, but we need to start going. This feeding frenzy may turn on us any minute."

    OOC FYI, once we get some distance, I can drop the unicorn spirit, and start to top off HP, no need to start chugging potions right away.

    mrpakuAustinP0027
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    The Forlorn Soldier tenses upon the physical contact....but he turns, and somehow recognizes Arno. Suddenly realizing the snakes all around him, the man nods slowly, and stands.

    He whispers solemnly, "It is...alright. There is nothing we can do for him now. But...thank you." The Soldier turns to the Changeling and attempts a smile, (a look which rests unnaturally upon his face, like a fish trying to walk on land). Now noticing the burns upon his hands, the man sheathes his sword, and cleans the wounds with a cloth from near his belt...

    Arno, please roll Perception to get *one last good look* at the Mariner's corpse as the Soldier lowers it. The Forlorn Soldier is now ready to leave. Balog is already trying to get his donkey and his two companions moving uphill and *out* of here. Does anyone else Investigate the Cubes remains or the corpse, or is everyone ready to proceed away now? (we'll go with majority rule, per usual)

  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    Geth roll 1d20+7 for perception

    perception:
    1d20+7 24 [1d20=17]

  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    Geth, roll 1d20+2 for Dex Save

    Dex Save:
    1d20+2 8 [1d20=6]

  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    Urixes grits his teeth through the pain of the acid, eyes glowing a bright red. Knowing that his summoned tentacle won't stay much longer, he takes a torch out of his pack and lights it with a simple bit of magic. "Knew a treasure hunter once, he hated snakes. Sorry, not the time for a story. Anyway the point is they don't like fire. We should move on before the snakes finish their meal," he says.

    mrpaku
Sign In or Register to comment.