As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[D&D 5E] Whispered Curse, Day 43- Pirate Haven of Chaff

1484951535484

Posts

  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    From his hiding place within a longboat Bern glares at the nearest undead warrior. He casts Heat Metal on the unsuspecting creature’s silver teeth!

    AustinP0027mrpaku
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    OOC:
    Hey guys! My puppy went in for surgery today, and there was a slight hiccup....she should be just fine, but subsequently I haven't been in the best place to focus today for games. Please give me about 24 hours, and I should have a update ready at or before then. Thank you for your patience! :)

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    mrpaku wrote: »
    OOC:
    Hey guys! My puppy went in for surgery today, and there was a slight hiccup....she should be just fine, but subsequently I haven't been in the best place to focus today for games. Please give me about 24 hours, and I should have a update ready at or before then. Thank you for your patience! :)

    Take all the time you need. Family before games. :)

    zekebeauSleepEndless_SerpentsDenadaGlalmrpaku
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited April 2
    Skeleton #2 is battered into *literal pieces* by Jack’s flurry of strikes! The undead bones drop along the deck like rain, and the leftovers fall over into a heap of debris!

    The silver fillings which line the teeth of Skeleton#1 slowly heat inside its head…from simmering, to red, to *white hot*. The top half of the skull lights up for a moment, eventually crackling and *bursting into pieces!* The lower half of the Undead Husk stumbles around, trying to regain his balance

    Oak throws himself from the table onto the Ghast like a spinning hurricane of destruction, *rending* the creature repeatedly until its innards are tossed over the entirety of the galley, and what is left over topples and falls at his feet!
    ---

    FLYING DUTCHMAN

    The Dutchman has its own Gun Deck, which seems to have been equipped with Ancient Harpoon Guns, similar to the ones the Old Hunters use. Three of the guns remain in immediate range, and *open fire* into the side of the Whispered Curse!

    Three Harpoons have been stuck into the starboard side of the Curse, keeping the Dutchman sailing steady next to your Ship, and ensuring three (more or less) safe methods of passage for regular sized enemies to climb across. It looks as though the middle line leads to the Main Deck (black), and the other two down to the Gun Deck(yellow, red)
    krs57f6leifi.jpg
    ---
    From on high, three additional skeletons drop down into the fray along the Main Deck! The first makes *immediately* for Urixes, followed by the (now headless, and neck smoking) remains of Skeleton#1 nearby...


    Geth roll 1d20+4 Skellie #4

    Geth roll 2d6+2 piercing

    Geth roll 1d20+4 Skellie#1

    Geth roll 2d6+2 piercing
    --

    Two other drop down next to Jack and engage, *angrily* hissing!


    Geth roll 1d20+4 Skellie #5

    Geth roll 2d6+2 piercing

    Geth roll 1d20+4 Skellie#6

    Geth roll 2d6+2 piercing

    Skellie #4:
    1d20+4 7 [1d20=3]
    piercing:
    2d6+2 11 [2d6=6, 3]
    Skellie#1:
    1d20+4 24 [1d20=20]
    piercing:
    2d6+2 8 [2d6=3, 3]
    Skellie #5:
    1d20+4 12 [1d20=8]
    piercing:
    2d6+2 9 [2d6=6, 1]
    Skellie#6:
    1d20+4 13 [1d20=9]
    piercing:
    2d6+2 8 [2d6=3, 3]

    mrpaku on
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited April 2
    Skeletons begin to *crawl* across the teethered ropes over to your Ship. The ropes having returned, the second wave of Marauders take to their lines, and prepare to swing over!

    Geth roll 1d20 for Second Wave of Marauders
    l6xgtslubfxe.png
    ---

    OFFICER’S QUARTERS

    Arno’s one-person show gains slight giggling from the start. By the end, the room is *rolling in laughter*, more or less blocking out the sounds of battle and bloodshed overhead.

    As Arno performs, they see two pirates in particular enjoying themselves: Rax and Bluurg. Wiping away tears of amusement, Rax loses track of himself and something slips down inside his front pocket…it looks like, it’s a map! Catching himself, Rax pushes the slightly glowing parchment back out of sight, taking up a slight, sympathy-seeking cough…

    Morale aboard the Whispered Curse has increased (even under *these* dire circumstances) and this room will find itself better able to hold under sustained assault! Arno, you may choose to go and confront Rax and Bluurg on what you just saw in his pocket with a Charisma Check (likely, you suspect, the same treasure map that started all this); you may choose to double check on Hugo and the sicker of your companions nearby in the clinic (Medicine if you’re there to help out; Investigation if you’re there to check on things); or you may choose to sit and listen to the Captain attempt similar reassurance, as she relates a tale of a Ship which had also had dire times…the Sanguine Seeker…(History Check)

    Second Wave of Marauders:
    1d20 10 [1d20=10]

    mrpaku on
  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    There's a muffled "whe-hey!" from under Jack's mask as the skeleton shatters apart. This is exactly what he was looking for! Just then the ropes hook and new skeletons jump in, barely missing him, "Whoah now! One at a time, lads!"

    He's not the brightest bulb, but if there's one thing he knows about undead is that they win by numbers and he does not care for that. He takes a guarded step away from the two skeletons flanking him to the nearest rope, grabs his blade firmly and brings it down on the rope!

    Geth, roll 1d20+7 for Saber Strike at Bottom Rope
    Geth, roll 1d8+5 for Saber Damage at #2
    Geth, roll 1d20+7 for Saber Strike at Bottom Rope
    Geth, roll 1d8+5 for Saber Damage at #2

    "Oh, before I forget! Arno magicked at me that there's a bone staff in the navigation room doing the ghost callin'! If anyone can dispel magicks, maybe that'll turn them away?"

    ((OOC: Attacking the yellow rope ))

    Saber Strike at Bottom Rope:
    1d20+7 23 [1d20=16]
    Saber Damage at #2:
    1d8+5 6 [1d8=1]
    Saber Strike at Bottom Rope:
    1d20+7 17 [1d20=10]
    Saber Damage at #2:
    1d8+5 8 [1d8=3]

  • SleepSleep Registered User regular
    edited April 2
    Michael draws his wand and dips it in the large flask on his hip as he turns to open the door to the deck. When he sees the skeleton immediately in front of him (#6) he flicks his wand towards it and a spark ignites the fuel as it flies towards its target. He then allows the door to close and moves to the right of the doorway inside the galley still

    Geth roll 1d20+7 to see if my firebolt hits
    Geth roll 2d10+3 to see how hot it is

    to see if my firebolt hits:
    1d20+7 12 [1d20=5]
    to see how hot it is:
    2d10+3 9 [2d10=4, 2]

    Sleep on
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    edited April 2
    Oak grunts momentarily as the Ghast is cut down. He looks to Michael and nods, then tears back out the door to the main deck. As he passes through into the open air, he sees more creatures land on the deck. With another growl, he charges the nearest, tunnel vision locked in on the removal of any enemy on his ship. Perhaps there was a smarter way to deal with these creatures or the attack in general, but the red haze covering the Shifter's vision only left him seeing the threats directly in front of him.

    OOC:Moving out the door to Skeleton 6 and attacking.

    Geth, roll 1d20+8 for Axe Swing at #6
    Geth, roll 1d12+7 for Axe Dmg

    Geth, roll 1d20+8 for Axe Swing at #6 (2nd)
    Geth, roll 1d12+7 for Axe Dmg (2nd)

    Axe Swing at #6:
    1d20+8 24 [1d20=16]
    Axe Dmg:
    1d12+7 8 [1d12=1]
    Axe Swing at #6 (2nd):
    1d20+8 18 [1d20=10]
    Axe Dmg (2nd):
    1d12+7 19 [1d12=12]

    AustinP0027 on
    mrpaku
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Bern dashes the nearby skeleton with his dagger and club before leaping from the longboat to face another of the damnable fiends (4j!

    The aged pirate jeers at the assembled corpses, “Look at you, thrice damned things. Face me if you dare!”

    He’s hoping he can get attacked in place of the others.
    Geth roll 1d20+2 for Dagger Attack
    Geth roll 1d4 for Off Hand Damage
    Geth roll 1d20+2 for Club Attack
    Geth roll 1d4+1 for Main Damage
    Geth roll 1d6 for Maybe Sneak Attack

    Dagger Attack:
    1d20+2 19 [1d20=17]
    1d4 2 [1d4=2]
    Club Attack:
    1d20+2 17 [1d20=15]
    Main Damage:
    1d4+1 5 [1d4=4]
    Maybe Sneak Attack:
    1d6 3 [1d6=3]

  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    OOC: Busy Friday at work today, I'll have to take my turn later. Feel free to move me around in the order if need be!

  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    Hex continues to harass the undead, providing an opening for Urixes to reach out and touch someone. His hands take on a spectral form not unlike his trusty tentacles, delivering a shocking grasp in much the same way they do.

    OOC: I'll wait to deduct HP since Skeleton 1 had a critical hit. On my turn, Hex will use the Help action for my attack vs Skeleton 4. Urixes will attack with Shocking Grasp. My tentacle will follow that up with a swipe of its own against the same target. If Shocking Grasp hits, Skeleton 4 can't take reactions until the start of its next turn. If Grasp of the Deep hits, Skeleton 4's speed is reduced by 10 feet until the start of my next turn.

    Geth, roll 2d20k1+8 for Shocking Grasp vs Skeleton 4
    Geth, roll 2d8 for Lightning Damage
    Geth, roll 1d20+8 for Grasp of the Deep vs Skeleton 4
    Geth, roll 1d8 for Lightning Damage

    Shocking Grasp vs Skeleton 4:
    2d20k1+8 25 [2d20k1=[17], 5]
    Lightning Damage:
    2d8 12 [2d8=5, 7]
    Grasp of the Deep vs Skeleton 4:
    1d20+8 17 [1d20=9]
    Lightning Damage:
    1d8 3 [1d8=3]

    mrpaku
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Carefully watching his flank, Jack dances away from the skeletons and *HACKS* at the nearest rope with his scimitar, severing it from the Whispered Curse! The skeleton which holds the rope quickly falls into the drink!

    Michael’s Firebolt just misses the skeleton, and burns out crackling along the Main Deck!

    Skeleton#6 is *blasted to pieces* by Oak’s brutal assault!

    Skeleton#1 is *carved up and bashed to literal bits* by Bern’s two handed attack!

    Skeleton#4 is grappled by spectral hands, pulled apart, and then *obliterated* by a summoned tentacle! Hex *CAWS* loudly overhead!

    ---

    The only remaining “survivor” of the initial assault on the Whispered Curse, Skeleton#5 advances on Jack…and attacks!
    Geth roll 1d20+4 Skeleton#5

    Geth roll 1d6+2 piercing
    ---
    1mrd8qg4xtun.jpg

    Skeletons quickly move across the shot ropes and take to the Main Deck, jumping down with a loud *THUD* that revebrates across the ship. The next group of Marauders swing over on their lines and land amongst you. These aren’t the shamlbing bones that seem to make up the crew of the Dutchman: these corpses still have bloated, blue meat clinging to them, eyes which bulge and stare, and barnacles all along their bodies. Three clutch blades between their teeth and leer through dead eyes...

    niqecolw10i4.png

    One, which *SLAMS* into the Port Side of the ship and nearly falls off, is covered in massive cuts and lacerations, which seem to have been inflicted before his undead turn. But this one still has the familiar look of his fellows: barnacles growing along his body, and the familiar bloat of the drowned….

    zgnz3rsmy8uj.png

    The Undead *ROAR* at your group, and pull themselves to their feet, eager for blood...

    Turn to the Wild Bunch, as these fellas have just landed along the Deck! Arno may still make the choice to: confront Rax and Bluurg on the stolen Map (Charisma); move to the Clinic to see Hugo and assist the sick and wounded(Medicine, or Investigation to look around); stay and listen to the Captain’s Tale (History to learn additional facts); anything else they have in mind

    Skeleton#5:
    1d20+4 21 [1d20=17]
    piercing:
    1d6+2 8 [1d6=6]

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    edited April 5
    Oak feels an overwhelming thrill almost akin to bloodlust as he smash skeleton's into pieces. Battle was simple, make sure the other guy dropped before he dropped you. Oak reveled in battle. This mess of politics and egos was finally behind him for now, and for a brief second, he worried that would come rushing back. Thankfully, another undead landed on the deck nearby, this one bigger and covered in various crap. Still, his presence meant the fight would go on, and Oak would relish every moment of this special freedom he could get.

    Rushing over, his axe was swinging down before he reached his foe, putting the weight of his swing into his motion to travel over to his new combatant. He felt his lust for battle reach a new pitch, as he actually growled. He felt his features shift as he charged, he teeth growing larger, his body furrier, and his general visage more of the beast that he had welcomed inside himself.

    OOC:Move to #1, recklessly attack, so it'll get advantage on me next turn. Also, activating Shifter trait. +1 AC (to 16), +8 temp HP, and plus a 1d6 of additional temp HP (+3)

    Geth, roll 2d20k1+8 for Axe Swing at #1
    Geth, roll 1d12+7 for Axe Dmg

    Geth, roll 1d20+8 for Axe Swing at #1 (2nd)
    Geth, roll 1d12+7 for Axe Dmg (2nd)

    Geth, roll 1d6 for Shifter HP

    Axe Swing at #1:
    2d20k1+8 14 [2d20k1=[6], 1]
    Axe Dmg:
    1d12+7 16 [1d12=9]
    Axe Swing at #1 (2nd):
    1d20+8 15 [1d20=7]
    Axe Dmg (2nd):
    1d12+7 12 [1d12=5]
    Shifter HP:
    1d6 3 [1d6=3]

    AustinP0027 on
  • SleepSleep Registered User regular
    oocHey oak I'm pretty sure you have advantage on both swings

    mrpaku
  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    His focus on slashing the boarding rope, Jack isn't paying attention to the skeleton behind him and only reacts in the final moment, partially deflecting the strike with a parry. He glances at the next rope, then turns to his assailant, "Out of the way buddy, I have beef with those ropes!"

    Geth, roll 1d8+4 for Parry (damage reduction)

    Geth, roll 1d20+7 for Saber Strike at Skeleton #5
    Geth, roll 1d8+5 for Saber Damage at #2
    Geth, roll 1d20+7 for Saber Strike at Skeleton #5
    Geth, roll 1d8+5 for Saber Damage at #2

    Whether or not that kills it, he moves up to just below the new arrival so he's in melee range of the next rope and strikes at it once again.

    ((OOC: Using my action surge to attack again ))

    Geth, roll 1d20+7 for Saber Strike at Rope #2
    Geth, roll 1d8+5 for Saber Damage at #2
    Geth, roll 1d20+7 for Saber Strike at Rope #2
    Geth, roll 1d8+5 for Saber Damage at #2

    Parry (damage reduction):
    1d8+4 10 [1d8=6]
    Saber Strike at Skeleton #5:
    1d20+7 27 [1d20=20]
    Saber Damage at #2:
    1d8+5 13 [1d8=8]
    Saber Strike at Skeleton #5:
    1d20+7 8 [1d20=1]
    Saber Damage at #2:
    1d8+5 10 [1d8=5]
    Saber Strike at Rope #2:
    1d20+7 8 [1d20=1]
    Saber Damage at #2:
    1d8+5 12 [1d8=7]
    Saber Strike at Rope #2:
    1d20+7 20 [1d20=13]
    Saber Damage at #2:
    1d8+5 8 [1d8=3]

    AustinP0027mrpaku
  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    Geth, roll 1d8 for Extra Crit Damage

    ((OOC: Wow, 3 crits eh... this should be fun! ))

    Extra Crit Damage:
    1d8 3 [1d8=3]

  • SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Michael still in his galley turns to the cask beside him and pops the lid open. He has a vessle or two of the foul gunk on his bandolier but he may as well get it from the source while he's here. This being the cask he keeps all his spent oil and rendered fat in. He uses it to make soap when they are into port and not tossing about. However in this moment he slips his wand into the awful slime and swirls it about. He then runs back past the galley doors pushes the right door [the out door] open and makes a grand under hand lob with his wand out the door towards (2) to cast a Grease upon the deck near them before letting the door close and going to the other side of galley doors.

    OOC:

    I'm casting Grease on the highlighted area

    aw5kb9hwh1in.jpg

    (2) will need to make me a DC 14 dex save or go prone immediately, that area is now difficult terrain and anyone entering it or ending its turn there needs to make the save vs prone. It lasts 10 rounds.


    Glalmrpaku
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    edited April 5
    Sleep wrote: »
    oocHey oak I'm pretty sure you have advantage on both swings

    OOC:You're right! Thanks for pointing that out (my first google result did tell me it's a common misunderstanding of the rule so feel good about that)

    2nd attack roll
    Geth, roll 1d20+8 for Axe Swing at #1

    Axe Swing at #1:
    1d20+8 10 [1d20=2]

    AustinP0027 on
  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    Geez, how many times are they going to steal that map? I think at they might be doing just to mess with the Governor at this point. Which is actually a pretty good prank, good job guys.

    As the room breaks into laughter, Arno lets the warm energy embrace them, feeling confident, like they have helped to turn the tide. Giddy in their triumph, they decide that since laughter is the best medicine, Hugo could use some help.

    The clinic holds the pirates in the worst shape. Huh, perhaps medicine would be the best medicine in this case. Grabbing various berries and leaves, Arno prepares to become Dr. Arno.

    Geth roll 1d20+4 for organic natural medicine

    organic natural medicine:
    1d20+4 21 [1d20=17]

    Endless_Serpents
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited April 7
    Swirling like a hurricane in the rain and storm, Oak *hacks and batters* the Drowned Blade (AC 13), knocking barnacles and chunks of blue flesh alike from the hideous undead. Oak beats the thing half back to death, for 28 damage!
    ---

    As Jack takes out the lower rope, he artfully uses the Scimitar to cover his flank! Parrying the blade, Jack swipes twice: the first knocking the blade clean from the creature’s grasp, the second *rending* the bones out from the center of him! The creature *collapses* under the lack of a spine! Dancing away, Jack nearly shoves the newly arrived skeleton out of the way, as he *severs* the rope it came in on with his blade!
    ---

    Dancing between the swinging doors, Michael and his cooking marvels continue to fling out from the Galley, providing covering “fire” for the Wild Bunch…

    Geth roll 1d20-1 Dex Save (Drowned Blade#2)
    ---

    The crew aboard the Flying Dutchmen seem to have doubled their forces, and some are again ascending to the ropes. This next wave of attackers look like they have two goals in mind: infiltrate the other areas of the ship, and *overwhelm* your group of guardians on the Main Deck. Jack has severed two of the three ropes currently imbedded in the ship, but the Undead Harpooners are reloading. Overhead, you can all feel the pressure from the storm build in your ears, in your joints…the sky nearly *pulses* with electricity overhead…(Turn to Urixes @Denada and Bern @Endless_Serpents when they are ready!)
    15ivvceocmy7.jpg
    ---

    SHIP’S CLINIC

    Arno’s natural medicinal remedies do *wonders* for some of the sickened. Aloysius was fairly unconscious until the last couple hours, and after a few homemade stomach cures Arno (forcefully) put into his system, the Goliath is now sitting up, drinking a bowl of beef broth.

    Hugo comes over and thankfully touches Arno on the arm. “I’m thankful for you being here. I haven’t slept in…well, a few days now, so I *greatly* appreciate all the help I can get. What herb did you add to that mixture which perked up Aloysius, I’m curious? It seems like you have more than just a natural talent for medicine: where did you learn?”

    Hugo is genuinely interested in Arno’s medicine background. He wants to know where you learned your skill with herbal remedies. Arno, do you share some of your background with him?

    (After Arno has responded) Nodding, “…It’s very good that you’re with us, then. Truth be told, in my opinion the Captain didn’t bring *nearly* enough in the way of healers, given what we could be dealing with out here. Besides all your usual ailments, I’ve already dealt with cases of ravenous internal parasites….chills and fevers, which I think some people are just developing from being out here,” Hugo turns and looks at Arno, the handsome but tired doctor smilingly knowingly at the Changer. “And then, strange situations such as yours. Let me ask you; when did the growth start? Was it all at once? Does it…hurt?” Hugo looks over his shoulder and leans down conspiratorially, whispering just to Arno. “I’ve heard of such things… the waters of the Expanse changing the very *being* of a person. Some come out here seeking just that sort of a change.”

    The Doctor’s eyes shine brightly at Arno. “Is that what you’re here for, Arno? Do you seek a change?”

    Arno, how do you respond to the Doctor’s highly personal question? In addition, please make a Perception Check to see if you notice anything unusual about the Doctor, OR a Charisma Check if you wish to turn the tables on his question, and find out what *he* is doing out here (DC 16 for both!)

    Dex Save (Drowned Blade#2):
    1d20-1 16 [1d20=17]

    mrpaku on
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Bern takes a surprisingly high sideways leap and lands in a sumo pose in front of two invaders! He lets out a mighty yodel that ripples the sails above... before transforming into a Thunderwave!

    hallg0vc2tif.jpeg

    A wave of thunderous force sweeps out from you. Each creature in a 15-foot cube originating from you must make a Constitution saving throw. On a failed save, a creature takes 2d8 thunder damage and is pushed 10 feet away from you. On a successful save, the creature takes half as much damage and isn't pushed.

    In addition, unsecured Objects that are completely within the area of Effect are automatically pushed 10 feet away from you by the spell's Effect, and the spell emits a thunderous boom audible out to 300 feet.

    At Higher Levels: When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd Level or higher, the damage increases by 1d8 for each slot level above 1st.

    Geth roll 2d8 for Thunder Damage

    Thunder Damage:
    2d8 4 [2d8=3, 1]

  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    edited April 8
    "Always was a traveler, following caravans since I was young. Always people carrying this spice or that herb, and always talking of the health benefits. After a while of hearing all the great things these plants, fungi, and animal bits can do, you start wondering what they can do together. Then, especially if you have a very game dwarf friend, you start mixing them up and see what happens. Oh, Aloysius, just so you know a common side effect of that kiekie seed is dry skin."

    Takes a look at the Goliath.

    "Well, drier skin. It might get kinda to very itchy in about an hour."

    "Change comes. Always and forever, whether you seek it or not. I'm here because I've never been here before, so I wanted to see it. Or did you mean some specific change?"

    Geth roll 1d20+6 for perception on the doctor.

    perception:
    1d20+6 17 [1d20=11]

    zekebeau on
    mrpaku
  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    edited April 9
    Urixes starts to grin as more enemies try to come aboard. In spite of himself, he can't help but revel in the violence. He wills his little menagerie to converge on one of the enemies, punctuating their assault with bolts of force.

    (( Targeting "A" with Help, Eldritch Blast, and Grasp. Is A the one that's all cut up?

    Edit: The Grasp of the Deep is vs A, not skeleton 4, I missed that part of my copy/paste ))

    Geth, roll 2d20k1+8 for Eldritch Blast 1 vs A
    Geth, roll 1d10+4 for Force Damage 1
    Geth, roll 1d20+8 for Eldritch Blast 2 vs A
    Geth, roll 1d10+4 for Force Damage 2
    Geth, roll 1d20+8 for Grasp of the Deep vs Skeleton 4
    Geth, roll 1d8 for Lightning Damage

    Eldritch Blast 1 vs A:
    2d20k1+8 18 [2d20k1=[10], 2]
    Force Damage 1:
    1d10+4 7 [1d10=3]
    Eldritch Blast 2 vs A:
    1d20+8 20 [1d20=12]
    Force Damage 2:
    1d10+4 12 [1d10=8]
    Grasp of the Deep vs Skeleton 4:
    1d20+8 27 [1d20=19]
    Lightning Damage:
    1d8 2 [1d8=2]

    Denada on
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Bern leaps down between the undead pair, hitting the ground and letting out a thunderous *YODEL-EY-HE-HOO*…
    Geth roll 1d20+3 Constitution Save (Blade #3)

    Geth roll 1d20+3 Constitution Save (Blade #2)

    Geth roll 1d20+3 Constitution Save (Ascetic A)

    Bern, you’ve just landed on Michael’s Grease puddle; please make a Dexterity Saving Throw (DC 14) to avoid falling prone!
    ---

    As Hex bears down on the infernal creature, the Ascetic covers his face with his arms, leaving itself open to a pair of *concussive* blasts from the Warlock, followed by a slick, *shocking* tentacle which wraps itself around his throat!

    OOC: The Ascetic Drowned (A) is the Mutilated, Flagellated of the Undead Crew, correct!
    ---

    SHIP’S CLINIC

    Hugo laughs, a hearty warm sound. “Well, yes to both, I suppose! And you’re right, time moves ever onwards…I came here for much the same purpose it sounds as you did…see something new, spend time among different people. See if I could maybe…do a bit of good, you know?”

    Arno, Hugo seems to be in good spirits. You remember him from the fight with the Cultists in his Clinic, and seeing him around on-ship before your adventure in Villam. Though broodingly handsome, Arno had always thought the man’s mood *dire*; practically depressive. He seems to be much happier in general at the moment. In fact, the person standing in front of you seems almost an entirely different man; jolly and sociable despite his fatigue. Even his very *pallor* seems to have changed rather dramatically. A change has come over him which you can sense innately, but you can’t be sure of the cause…

    “*REAL* change…innate change, ends up coming in the…strangest of places, I often find,” Hugo says assuredly to Arno. His eyes get a far away look, and it looks as though he’s about to say more, when across the aisle Aloysius begins to dig irritated at his wrist with uneven fingernails and start snarling. Hugo smiles with some small humor, and excuses himself to attend to the Goliath. As Arno watches him depart, they see small tufts of down poking out along the neck of his shirt, white as snow…hmmm, Arno certainly would've remembered seeing those...

    Arno, another wave of Undead will be descending along the lower decks soon…make an Insight Check to see if you can sense their presence where they land, and warn the others nearby accordingly!

    Constitution Save (Blade #3):
    1d20+3 6 [1d20=3]
    Constitution Save (Blade #2):
    1d20+3 9 [1d20=6]
    Constitution Save (Ascetic A):
    1d20+3 15 [1d20=12]

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited April 9
    Blade #2 is *shoved* back along the Main Deck, falling over into a Longboat next to Jack!

    Blade #3 is *blasted* back through the Forecastle Doors, breaking off a chunk as it blows through!

    Geth roll 1d5 for Don’t Let the Door Hit You damage

    The Ascetic, dripping ichor from his many wounds, is *blasted*, and combination of thunder and magic nearly drives him over the side of the deck…but he hangs on, and starts to claw his way back towards his attackers…
    --

    The Ascetic makes his way towards Urixes, and makes three unarmed attacks!
    Geth roll 1d20+5 Ascetic Strike

    Geth roll 1d8+3 bludgeoning

    Geth roll 1d20+5 Ascetic Strike

    Geth roll 1d8+3 bludgeoning

    Geth roll 1d20+5 Ascetic Strike

    Geth roll 1d8+3 bludgeoning

    Drowned Blade #1 retaliates against Oak’s brutal assault!
    Geth roll 1d20+5 Blade #1

    Geth roll 1d8+3 slashing

    Geth roll 1d20+5 Blade #1

    Geth roll 1d8+3 slashing

    Thrown into the Longboat feet away, the Drowned Blade #2 stands and attacks the closet target nearby; Jack! As he slashes at Jack’s midsection with his rusty edge, his two undead skeleton compatriots come to gang up on the poor Young Jack with their swords…
    Geth roll 1d20+5 Blade #2

    Geth roll 1d8+3 slashing

    Geth roll 1d20+5 Blade #2

    Geth roll 1d8+3 slashing

    Geth roll 1d20+4 Skellie Z

    Geth roll 1d6+2 piercing

    Geth roll 1d20+4 Skellie D

    Geth roll 1d6+2 piercing

    The Drowned Blade which had been thrown through the Forecastle Doors by Bern’s Thunderclap soon emerges, hissing and furious! The creature seems to have impaled itself on a hunk of wood on his trip through the door. One hand waving a Sword *wildly*, the bloated corpse (#3) now attempts to *drive* this spike of wood into the Bard, as it runs up and attempts to *tackle* Bern while slashing at his legs!
    Geth roll 1d20+5 Blade #3

    Geth roll 1d8+3 slashing

    Geth roll 1d20+3 Improvised Spear (in his chest)

    Geth roll 1d6 piercing
    ---

    And then, above head, just shortly after Bern’s thunderclap….electric particles finally gather in the sky, and dance, before finally gathering and *discharging*, straight along the Main Deck of the Whispered Curse!

    c2nfpqmlvkzf.png

    A lightning bolt strikes the Main Deck, causing damage to all who stand there, with a solitary exception…
    Geth roll 1d10 lightning damage (everyone on the Main Deck)

    OAK
    …you’re still standing, alone. The Great Axe in your hands glows with a tingling charge, which dances and plays along your fingertips…

    DM NOTE: Those struck by Drowned Ascetic or Drowned Blades, please make a (single) Constitution Check (DC 12) to avoid contacting Bluerot

    CURRENT MAP-
    git6utnf4p1i.jpg

    1d5 4 [1d5=4]
    Ascetic Strike:
    1d20+5 7 [1d20=2]
    bludgeoning:
    1d8+3 6 [1d8=3]
    Ascetic Strike:
    1d20+5 19 [1d20=14]
    bludgeoning:
    1d8+3 10 [1d8=7]
    Ascetic Strike:
    1d20+5 17 [1d20=12]
    bludgeoning:
    1d8+3 5 [1d8=2]
    Blade #1:
    1d20+5 23 [1d20=18]
    slashing:
    1d8+3 10 [1d8=7]
    Blade #1:
    1d20+5 18 [1d20=13]
    slashing:
    1d8+3 11 [1d8=8]
    Blade #2:
    1d20+5 17 [1d20=12]
    slashing:
    1d8+3 5 [1d8=2]
    Blade #2:
    1d20+5 17 [1d20=12]
    slashing:
    1d8+3 5 [1d8=2]
    Skellie Z:
    1d20+4 24 [1d20=20]
    piercing:
    1d6+2 3 [1d6=1]
    Skellie D:
    1d20+4 5 [1d20=1]
    piercing:
    1d6+2 7 [1d6=5]
    Blade #3:
    1d20+5 18 [1d20=13]
    slashing:
    1d8+3 6 [1d8=3]
    Improvised Spear (in his chest):
    1d20+3 10 [1d20=7]
    piercing:
    1d6 5 [1d6=5]
    the Main Deck):
    1d10 5 [1d10=5]

    mrpaku on
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    OOC: 2 hits from my blade, 21 dmg halved to 11.

    Geth, roll 1d20+6 for Con Save

    Con Save:
    1d20+6 11 [1d20=5]

    mrpaku
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    A white flash of light overpowered the deck, blinding Oak for a moment. Less than a second later the loud boom followed, deafening him as well. As it cleared and he blinked away the light, Oak took in the deck. It looked like everyone had been struck by the bolt, fizzle of electric energy hanging in the air. Oak wondered if he was in shock, as he didn't feel the pain that you would guess would come after being struck by a damn lightning bolt. It took a moment before his eyes looked down.

    It started as a small chuckle, built into a steady laugh, and continued growing until everyone on the deck heard his deep bellow. He was looking down as two hands were wrapped around the handle of the great axe, electric arcs spinning out from the blade to his arms, being absorbed immediately without him feeling a thing. His laughter bordered on maniacal at this point as he looked up to the Drowned in front of him, eyes crazed with rage.

    He raised the axe above his head and brought it down, slashing at the thing's neck before following the swing with another across it's belly, laughing all the while.

    OOC:if ever there was a moment to be reckless, this would be it.


    Geth, roll 2d20k1+8 for Axe Swing at #1
    Geth, roll 1d12+7 for Axe Dmg

    Geth, roll 2d20k1+8 for Axe Swing at #1 (2nd)
    Geth, roll 1d12+7 for Axe Dmg (2nd)

    Axe Swing at #1:
    2d20k1+8 27 [2d20k1=[19], 10]
    Axe Dmg:
    1d12+7 11 [1d12=4]
    Axe Swing at #1 (2nd):
    2d20k1+8 13 [2d20k1=[5], 4]
    Axe Dmg (2nd):
    1d12+7 8 [1d12=1]

    mrpaku
  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    Jack is feeling great about himself right now! Did people see those skeletons scatter?? That was amazing! He turns to the rest of the crew to brag, beaming, only to face 3 new enemies, already swinging at him. This time his reflexes aren't there to save his butt and he takes repeated strikes, only barely avoiding one of the skeleton's attacks.

    "Hey now, no fair ganging up..." Between the three he wagers the Blade is a bigger threat and goes for them first, looking around for a way to get to the final rope, but finding himself penned in, "Guys, someone wanna cut the last rope? I'm a bit busy right n..." His words are cut off by the lightning strike, leaving a somewhat steaming Jack, "...ow."

    Geth, roll 1d20+7 for Saber Strike at Blade #2
    Geth, roll 1d8+5 for Saber Damage at #2
    Geth, roll 1d20+7 for Saber Strike at Blade #2
    Geth, roll 1d8+5 for Saber Damage at #2

    Geth, roll 1d20+7 for Constitution Saving Throw

    ((OOC: Check or saving throw? Reduce that by 3 if actually check ))

    Saber Strike at Blade #2:
    1d20+7 27 [1d20=20]
    Saber Damage at #2:
    1d8+5 10 [1d8=5]
    Saber Strike at Blade #2:
    1d20+7 11 [1d20=4]
    Saber Damage at #2:
    1d8+5 7 [1d8=2]
    Constitution Saving Throw:
    1d20+7 17 [1d20=10]

    Endless_Serpentsmrpaku
  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    Geth, roll 1d8 for Crit Damage at #2

    ((OOC: And the hits just keep on coming. Also, I believe Jack got critted by Skellie Z and needs to take additional damage? ))

    Crit Damage at #2:
    1d8 5 [1d8=5]

  • SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Michael continues to launch his achemical assault from the galley running past the galley doors again and flicking a firebolt out the swinging door towards the Ascetic.

    Geth roll 1d20+7 to see if Michael can finally hit something in all this gale

    Geth roll 2d10+3 for how much damage does firebolt deals if it connects

    to see if Michael can finally hit something in all this gale:
    1d20+7 15 [1d20=8]
    how much damage does firebolt deals if it connects:
    2d10+3 11 [2d10=2, 6]

    mrpaku
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited April 10
    Geth roll 1d20+2 for Slippy

    Bern lands unceremoniously on his fat ass.

    Slippy:
    1d20+2 7 [1d20=5]

    Endless_Serpents on
  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    Arno heads over to see to the rest of the crew, plucking a bit of down as they pass.

    "Yes, change does appear in the strangest places. We'll talk later."

    Geth roll 1d20+4 for knowing what's up

    knowing what's up:
    1d20+4 6 [1d20=2]

  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    Urixes' eyes glow a sinister red as flames erupt from the zombie's body, infernal retribution for daring to attack him.

    (( I'll use my reaction to cast Hellish Rebuke after A hits me. He takes 3d10 fire damage, DC 15 Dex Save for half ))

    Geth, roll 3d10 for Hellish Rebuke
    Geth, roll 1d20+1 for Constitution Save

    Hellish Rebuke:
    3d10 18 [3d10=8, 2, 8]
    Constitution Save:
    1d20+1 3 [1d20=2]

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited April 13
    The Great Axe humming in his hands, Oak’s swing half-severs the Drowned Blade’s (#1) neck, then he spins and take a *devastating* chunk out of the creature’s midsection. The Blade falls to the deck, a *shiver* of electrical energy shimmering through him as he finally falls!


    Jack *hacks and slashes* at the nearby Blade (#2), carving blue slivers of flesh off of the creature’s arms and chest down to the bone. The Red Skull Saber becomes caked in ancient, ocean puffed flesh, and momentarily gives off a faint, dim red light…

    Red Skull Saber Current Mood- Deprived (Less “Bare Bones” than a Skeleton; still barely a Meal


    Michael launches another ladled spell out the door…and *BLASTS* the creature right in it’s chest! The Drowned Ascetic briefly erupts in fire from his chest up, until the rainfall quickly puts him out, leaving black smoke rising along his shoulders and face!


    Urixes retaliates against the Drowned Ascetic, *SCORCHING* him with Hellfire! The creature’s already burnt body glows *white hot* once again, as its bloated form is slowly burnt away around it!
    Geth roll 1d4 for Bluerot Incubation (hours)

    Geth roll 1d20+3 Constitution Save vs. Rebuke (Ascetic)
    The infected humanoid manifests blue boils and become vulnerable to radiant damage. The primary vector is wounds caused by certain undead.

    Primary Effects: boils, Con and Cha loss
    Secondary Effects: fever, tingling extremities, water breathing


    Across the single teethered line that remains dug into the side of the Whispered Curse, a solitary creature crawls across with an unnatural quickness. She is unarmored, and her tangle of wet black hair obscures her face…
    vpxny6jgvcxi.png

    The Undead Pirates have doubled up on the ropes across from you. It looks as though the Flying Dutchman is beginning to pull away from the Whispered Curse, slowly. The pirates which swing across now aim only half for the defenders along the Main Deck. *Most* prepare to dig into the sides of the ship, bearing heavy-steel fishing hooks in their gnarled hands...

    9nk4d5962hkn.png

    Geth roll 2d20 for Third Wave of Marauders

    Third Wave of Marauders:
    2d20 4 [2d20=2, 2]
    Bluerot Incubation (hours):
    1d4 4 [1d4=4]
    Constitution Save vs. Rebuke (Ascetic):
    1d20+3 18 [1d20=15]

    mrpaku on
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited April 13
    The Captain of the Dutchman gives a hoarse and ragged *SHOUT*…you can sense a countdown coming from the Deck of the other ship. In the chilling rain and dim crackle of the departing lightning, you all hold your breath…

    The wind out on the Expanse is a fickle thing. Sometimes she works against you…and sometimes, she grants her blessing. As the call of three is given and the evil undead prepare to swing over, a sudden massive *GUST* swells up, spitting water sideways and *punching* with palpable force. As they swing across, a good ¾ of the enemy crew is picked up by the wind, and scattered sideways into the drink. Only a single skeleton lands along the Main Deck, and a bare handful get their hooks down into the sides, still clinging on to the Curse somewhere far below you...

    Curses and howls of injustice rise up from the Deck of the Flying Dutchman, as it gradually pulls away from you. The Captain growls unintelligible commands to his crew. Along the Deck, you see several *heavy hitters* emerge, and prepare their weapons and armor. Some make eye contact and point their swords, *hissing* an angry promise of retribution!

    The Drowned Maiden will arrive across to the Curse on the next turn if someone doesn’t cut her rope! Due to the Wind, more reinforcements will *not* be arriving from the Dutchman next turn, but they’re preparing to send their *very* best as they pull away and attempt to… (Perception Check on your turn, as a bonus action, if you can perceive what the Flying Dutchman has planned next)…


    MAIN DECK

    The Ascetic, still smoking from the chest up, circles around the Long Boat, has been shocked motionless by the Warlock's magical assault!
    Geth roll 1d20+5 Ascetic Strike

    Geth roll 1d8+3 bludgeoning

    Geth roll 1d20+5 Ascetic Strike

    Geth roll 1d8+3 bludgeoning

    Geth roll 1d20+5 Ascetic Strike

    Geth roll 1d8+3 bludgeoning

    Drowned Blade# 3 climbs into the Boat right behind the Ascetic, *cackling* as he *slashes* at Bern…
    Geth roll 2d20+5 Blade#3 (adv)

    Geth roll 1d8+3 slashing

    Geth roll 2d20+5 Blade#3 (adv)

    Geth roll 1d8+3 slashing

    Drowned Blade #2 and his skeleton companions move to encircle and entrap Jack! They continue their viscous flurry of stabs and swipes!
    Geth roll 1d20+5 Blade #2

    Geth roll 1d8+3 slashing

    Geth roll 1d20+5 Blade #2

    Geth roll 1d8+3 slashing

    Geth roll 1d20+4 Skellie Z

    Geth roll 1d6+2 piercing

    Geth roll 1d20+4 Skellie D

    Geth roll 1d6+2 piercing

    Current Map-
    huu1ejs4xn0x.jpg


    ARNO

    Hugo bristles as you pluck at his down, but he says nothing. He looks over wryly as Arno departs, but (like most who spend time with them) Hugo seems to have come to appreciate Arno’s social eccentricities.

    As Arno checks over the rest of the Crew, the sick seem to be recovering, and most are in good spirits or resting off the effects of the sleeping potion. Arno thinks they hear loud pitter-patters along the outside of the Ship somewhere…but the sound goes away immediately, and they can’t be sure if they heard anything at all, or if it was just the rain...

    In the Galley, Captain Arabella watches the main door, sword drawn. Rax and Bluurg stand on the other side. As Arno reenters the Galley, Rax tries to get your attention and motion you over.

    “Arno,” Rax the Rakish whispers to you as you walk by. “You’re in pretty tight with the Captain thessssse daysss, yeah? Ssssshe trussstss you all to the ninessss, right?”

    Rubbing his paws with something that Arno now realizes is Rax expressing a “guilty conscience”, the Rak’ta leans over and breathes the next part into their ear. “Need your help again, if I can get it, mate. I… may!, know ssssome zingsss that will help *all of usss*, but…I can’t tell anyone how I learned zem. *chuckle* You know how it issss!”

    Rax pulls back and looks Arno in the eyes. “If I tell you what I know, how I came to know it…can I trussst you to keep how I know it a sssecret? Even from za Captain?”

    Arno, can Rax the Rakish trust you to keep a secret? Rax is a masterful read of people: if you intend to lie to him, please make a Charisma Check to see if he can tell (DC 15)

    Ascetic Strike:
    1d20+5 22 [1d20=17]
    bludgeoning:
    1d8+3 5 [1d8=2]
    Ascetic Strike:
    1d20+5 11 [1d20=6]
    bludgeoning:
    1d8+3 7 [1d8=4]
    Ascetic Strike:
    1d20+5 15 [1d20=10]
    bludgeoning:
    1d8+3 11 [1d8=8]
    Blade#3 (adv):
    2d20+5 36 [2d20=18, 13]
    slashing:
    1d8+3 7 [1d8=4]
    Blade#3 (adv):
    2d20+5 21 [2d20=4, 12]
    slashing:
    1d8+3 9 [1d8=6]
    Blade #2:
    1d20+5 14 [1d20=9]
    slashing:
    1d8+3 7 [1d8=4]
    Blade #2:
    1d20+5 8 [1d20=3]
    slashing:
    1d8+3 7 [1d8=4]
    Skellie Z:
    1d20+4 15 [1d20=11]
    piercing:
    1d6+2 3 [1d6=1]
    Skellie D:
    1d20+4 14 [1d20=10]
    piercing:
    1d6+2 6 [1d6=4]

    mrpaku on
  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    edited April 13
    Jack shakes his head to clear it from the sound of thunder still ringing through his ears. Does he smell burning? Something smells like burning. Feeling somewhat dazed he watches the Dutchman pull away, the remaining rope connecting them straining as it keeps them from breaking free.

    Geth, roll 1d20+4 for Perception Check

    Looking around he gives a resigned shrug. This is going to hurt. Mask down he pushes between the two skeletons and runs for the rope, aiming two slashes at it, "Bugger off, skeletons!"

    Geth, roll 1d20+7 for Saber Strike at Rope #3
    Geth, roll 1d8+5 for Saber Damage at #2
    Geth, roll 1d20+7 for Saber Strike at Rope #3
    Geth, roll 1d8+5 for Saber Damage at #2

    ((OOC: He's gonna be eating 3 AOs. Come on, lucky dice! ))

    [edit] ((OOC: Hey Arno, did you drop your dice again? Are yours the green ones? ))

    Perception Check:
    1d20+4 24 [1d20=20]
    Saber Strike at Rope #3:
    1d20+7 27 [1d20=20]
    Saber Damage at #2:
    1d8+5 12 [1d8=7]
    Saber Strike at Rope #3:
    1d20+7 9 [1d20=2]
    Saber Damage at #2:
    1d8+5 13 [1d8=8]

    Glal on
    mrpaku
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Dancing between a flurry of enemy swords, Jack breaks free from the Melee and makes his way towards the final rope, *cleaving it* from the side of the Whispered Curse! The Drowned Maiden gives one final *hiss* from under her mess of hair as she falls with it, down into the ocean!
    Geth roll 1d20+5 Blade #2

    Geth roll 1d8+3 slashing

    Geth roll 1d20+4 Skellie Z

    Geth roll 1d6+2 piercing

    Geth roll 1d20+4 Skellie D

    Geth roll 1d6+2 piercing

    OOC: Inspiration to Jack for his *heroic* dash to the final rope to deal with the Drowned Maiden!

    JACK
    Jack recognizes this from fighting the Manta the other day...the Flying Dutchman is rearing back and getting a bit of distance...so it can *BASH* itself into the side of the Whispered Curse! You'll be ready and keep your feet when it does, as well as be able to get the jump on the next wave of Marauders!

    Blade #2:
    1d20+5 13 [1d20=8]
    slashing:
    1d8+3 9 [1d8=6]
    Skellie Z:
    1d20+4 13 [1d20=9]
    piercing:
    1d6+2 6 [1d6=4]
    Skellie D:
    1d20+4 8 [1d20=4]
    piercing:
    1d6+2 6 [1d6=4]

    Glal
  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    OOC: I hadn't taken my last turn yet, I wanted to see if the Ascetic was still standing after Hellish Rebuke. Also it's a Dex save vs Hellish Rebuke, don't know if that was just a typo or not. Also also I forgot about my Rod, so the save DC is actually 16, not 15. Sorry for the confusion!

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    OOC: Sorry about missing that, got in a rush to get it out! Drowned Ascetic has the same Constitution and Dexterity Save (might've mixed them up making the roll for that reason), so the original roll stands and he makes the DC 16 Save! Drowned Ascetic currently remains standing, at 27/75HP. We'll slot in Urixes's turn before the next wave when he's ready, and if you manage to put the Ascetic down or alter the playing field, I'll go back and make the edit and update the map! :)

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    OOC:Who is Q on the map?

    Z and D are skeletons.
    2 and 3 are Drowned Blades
    X is the hair lady (I think).

    Not catching who Q was.

Sign In or Register to comment.