As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[D&D 5E] Whispered Curse, Day 43- Pirate Haven of Chaff

1171820222387

Posts

  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Jack is delighted to meet up with Arno and Mister Fusspot, immediately giving the little beast his full attention (and some drops of blood). That is finally broken as the crowd around them begins cheering and he struggles to see the arena, his height not helping.

    He feels... confused, watching the two fight. They had their differences, sure, but these are no theatrics. The small griffon lets out a chitter of complaint and Jack relaxes his hand, smoothing the creature's feathers. This feels wrong.

    There's a moment of relief when the fight is broken up, only for it to all go so, so wrong, Jack watching Vuurot bleeding out with with uncertainty.
    The clear call to battle is almost a relief, the ambiguity of the situation cleared away like fog in the morning sun. Oh, they're fighting? That he knows very well indeed.

    "Right then!" He jogs behind one of the wooden logs on the right (diagonally, 3 up and 3 right) and takes aim at C, still hesitant to shoot Dux.

    Geth, roll 1d20+6 for Longbow shot at C
    Geth, roll 1d8+3 for Damage

    Longbow shot at C:
    1d20+6 24 [1d20=18]
    Damage:
    1d8+3 5 [1d8=2]

    Glal on
    AustinP0027
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    [Rak'Ta-C take the arrow *right* into their left shoulder! It looks down at the arrow, and then back at Lucky Jack with a death glare!]

  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    "Damn it," Urixes growls, already moving toward the pit before the crowd closes in around them. "Strike has my respect," he says to his companions over the din, "We must help him!"

    Once inside the Pit, Urixes' makes for cover then sets to the grim task of survival. Sticking to his usual gameplan, he summons a tentacle and throws out a blast of force.

    OOC: Moving north 2 squares, then northwest 1 square to get behind that wooden log. Then an Eldritch Blast at C, and a tentacle summoned in the square directly east of X, which will attack C if it's still alive, or X if C is dead. If the tentacle hits someone, their speed is reduced by 10 feet.

    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Eldritch Blast
    Geth, roll 1d10+3 for Force Damage
    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Grasp of the Deep
    Geth, roll 1d8 for Lightning Damage

    Eldritch Blast:
    1d20+5 10 [1d20=5]
    Force Damage:
    1d10+3 13 [1d10=10]
    Grasp of the Deep:
    1d20+5 16 [1d20=11]
    Lightning Damage:
    1d8 8 [1d8=8]

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    [ From beneath the Pit, a *meaty*, shadowy tentacle, dripping muddy ichor from it's edges, angrily emerges. It grabs Rak'Ta-C and *smacks* it around the place like an angry, giant toddler... ]

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Rak'Ta A and C both dash (as best they can), sloggingly behind the nearby stumps. After reaching cover, they each *hurl* Javelins at the exposed Oak.

    Geth roll 1d20+4 for Rak'Ta-A hit
    Geth roll 1d6+2 damage (piercing)
    Geth roll 1d20+4 for Rak'Ta-C hit
    Geth roll 1d6+2 damage (piercing)

    Rak'Ta-A hit:
    1d20+4 5 [1d20=1]
    damage (piercing):
    1d6+2 8 [1d6=6]
    Rak'Ta-C hit:
    1d20+4 15 [1d20=11]
    damage (piercing):
    1d6+2 3 [1d6=1]

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    The Rak'Ta shaman curls his right hand downwards, and up into it's cloak. When it emerges again, it's holding a thorn whip, which it now unfurls and *snaps* out towards Oak's feet.

    Geth roll 1d20+4 Thorn Whip Hit
    Geth roll 1d6 damage (piercing- dragged ten feet)

    Thorn Whip Hit:
    1d20+4 16 [1d20=12]
    damage (piercing- dragged ten feet):
    1d6 6 [1d6=6]

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    The shaman, hissing from the near miss, chugs to a nearby tree to gain cover. Rak'Ta-B, taking on Oak's challenge with a hiss and a roar, rushes in, club spinning...

    Geth roll 1d20+4 Clubbing
    Geth roll 1d6+2 damage (bludgeoning)

    Clubbing:
    1d20+4 23 [1d20=19]
    damage (bludgeoning):
    1d6+2 8 [1d6=6]

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Updated Map-
    q5pbjphcmcry.jpg

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Oak roars in delight as they all try and fail to hit him. As one closes within range, it swings and managed to clip his shoulder. Another roar escapes Oak's lips as he counterattacks the one in front of him.

    OOC: Prepared reaction action.

    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Longsworded
    Geth, roll 1d8+5 for Dmg

    Longsworded:
    1d20+5 18 [1d20=13]
    Dmg:
    1d8+5 6 [1d8=1]

    AustinP0027 on
    mrpaku
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    [ As Rak'Ta-B pulls away with it's club, Oak *expertly* steps into the gap and retaliates, with a perfectly timed cut right between it's sword and shield which slices deep into the creature's side]

  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Oh, I guess we are a part of the ceremony now.

    Pushed into the muck, Arno watches as the Rak'Ta begin their attack, missing Oak with their savage strikes. Seems this will be a shedding of blood that can't be avoided.

    Arno casts a spell, powerful vines exploding from the muck to grab 3 of the Rak'Ta, including the shaman.

    Then Arno waves over to Dux "Hi Drux, sorry I wasn't able to see you sooner like I said. Hey, you said Sess’innek was the bad guy you were keeping locked up, but Rax and Chief seems to worship the snake? I'm just trying to make sure I only hurt the bad guys, and because Rax is being a total Cloaca!

    OCC:
    Action: STR save dc 13, 20 foot area with B and X as the diagonal line. Should catch 3 Rak'Ta. Area will be difficult terrain, and all Rak'Ta that fail the STR save are restrained, no move and all attacks have advantage.

    Bonus action: summon Bear totem. Every ally gets 7 temp hit points and advantage on STR checks and STR saves. Lasts one minute, has a 30 foot radius

    Also, trying to goad Rax or the cheif to bring their Spinasaurus closer and join the fight, seems they are bad folks. Also a bit confused, Dux said they don't worship Sess'innek, but Rax is going on about how the snake gives them strength?

    zekebeau on
    GlalAustinP0027mrpaku
  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    Also, gave myself 15 Temp hit points to add the extra 8 hit points from the banquet. EVERYONE, don't forget you have those extra HP!! You should all have over 14 extra hp with my spirit totem and the banquet bonus. I don't think anyone got less than 7 hp max increased from eating.

    AustinP0027mrpaku
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    OOC: Thanks for the reminder! I 100% forgot those temp points.

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    ov62fmzwmxo0.jpg

    OOC: When Rax talks about them “giving the Snake strength”, he’s using a twist of the Rak’Ta religion to refer to the World Snake, who they all worship and believe makes the world, and consider deities like Sess’innek, Semuanya, and Essylliss just aspects of the Greater Whole. So *every* Rak’Ta present believes “the Snake” gives them strength, but the “which deity” and “gives strength how?” would vary. Dux thinks what she does is a sacrifice and protection for all of the people; Rax considers the Ritual a kill three birds with one stone, “reassert my power, kill weaklings, take out any dissenters” situation. Also, Rax and the DM are coming for all that temp HP.

    Dux stands watching from the side of the crowd. She looks down at Arno, then turns aside, saying nothing. Rax leans down from the Spinosaurus tail and cackles. “You talk asss though you knew thesssse people, pretender! You know *nozzzzing*. You wisssh to become Rak’Ta? We zill teach you!”

    Vines whip up out of the ground….


    Geth roll 1d20+2 for Rak’Ta B

    Geth roll 1d20+2 for Rak’Ta C

    Geth roll 1d20+2 for Rak’Ta Shaman X

    RakTa B:
    1d20+2 18 [1d20=16]
    RakTa C:
    1d20+2 16 [1d20=14]
    RakTa Shaman X:
    1d20+2 17 [1d20=15]

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Vines rise up and whip around the trio, but these seasoned fighters all manage to cut their way free with finesse.

    Strike rises slowly from the ground, clearly not used to his new armor. Taking note of your group one by one, he shakingly gets to his feet in the mud, and runs over behind the last tree in this area to provide cover (1 NE, 2N). “Essylliss,” he hisses in reverence. “You have provided me with more alliesss.” He withdraws a familiar looking gourd… but sprinkles the liquid inside on his hand, and gives it slight *flicks* in the direction of each of the Wild Bunch , as he mutters something gutturally.

    [Each of the Wild Bunch is now Blessed]
    Bless- You bless up to three creatures of your choice within range. Whenever a target makes an attack roll or a saving throw before the spell ends, the target can roll a d4 and add the number rolled to the attack roll or saving throw.

    At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, you can target one additional creature for each slot level above 1st.

    Rax growls. He gives a bark down near the crowd…two more of his men, looking up, see him nod grimly at them. Taking up arms, these Rak’Ta slide their way down the edges into the Pit…

    [Rak’Ta D and Rak’Ta E have joined the battle! Their turns will occur at the end of the Initiative, after Strike. *Round Two* begins!]

    Updated Map-
    4c5av6y56hta.jpg[/spoiler,]

  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    ((OOC: Acting now since I'm going to bed, slot after Oak's turn!))

    Jack watches the extra Rak’Ta drop into the arena, "I guess the gods don't really care if it's a fair fight, huh?" He pulls at his feet, having trouble staying mobile with the mud constantly threatening to swallow a shoe.

    "That's all right. Neither do I." He pulls back on his longbow, takes aim and loosens two shots at Rax. "Fight us yourself, you coward!"

    Geth, roll 1d20+6 for Longbow shot at Rax
    Geth, roll 1d4 for Bonus Bless ToHit
    Geth, roll 1d8+3 for Longbow Damage

    Geth, roll 1d20+6 for Longbow shot at Rax
    Geth, roll 1d4 for Bonus Bless ToHit
    Geth, roll 1d8+3 for Longbow Damage

    ((OOC: Using my action surge. Also, the player does not think this is a good idea, but Jack is not a smart boy ;) ))

    Longbow shot at Rax:
    1d20+6 22 [1d20=16]
    Bonus Bless ToHit:
    1d4 1 [1d4=1]
    Longbow Damage:
    1d8+3 9 [1d8=6]
    Longbow shot at Rax:
    1d20+6 20 [1d20=14]
    Bonus Bless ToHit:
    1d4 2 [1d4=2]
    Longbow Damage:
    1d8+3 6 [1d8=3]

    mrpakuAustinP0027
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Oak's eye narrow tightly as Rax calls for two more fighters to join the fray. "You want a bit? Come and get it!" he yells, his face twisting with rage, his features contorting again as his anger has unleashed his inner beast. His vision tinged red with anger, all he sees are obstructions in his way, fools who challenge what they cannot contain. He drops his shield, gripping his longsword in both hands, and cleaves it down onto the lizardfolk who stands before him.

    OOC: Shifting so +5+1d6 temp HP, and +1 AC. Dropped shield so down to 16 AC.edit: +10 extra temp hp

    Geth, roll 1d6 for Temp HP
    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Attack
    Geth, roll 1d4 for Bless
    Geth, roll 1d10+5 for Dmg

    Temp HP:
    1d6 5 [1d6=5]
    Attack:
    1d20+5 12 [1d20=7]
    Bless:
    1d4 4 [1d4=4]
    Dmg:
    1d10+5 10 [1d10=5]

    AustinP0027 on
    mrpakuGlal
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    [Oak puts his *full* power into the blow, and his longsword teats a meaty chunk out of Rak'Ta-B's chest...he stands more from instinct than strength now, swaying before Oak unsteadily in the mud.]

    Jack's play is unheard of in the Ritual. Maybe that's why Rax makes no move to defend himself; isn't even looking. And within seconds, the two arrows both find near identical targets: Rax's forearm, just below the wrist. They drop into the meat of his arm with the ease of needles falling into jello. Rax lets out a *ROAR* as he grabs at the arrows in surprise! He immediately moves to grab his cutglass and swing down.

    But before he can get to the sword...the Chief leans over and grabs him by the arm. As Rax stares back at him in quiet shock, the Chief procures a dagger, grips the arrows by the shaft, and *slices* them off. As Rax grunts in sudden surprised pain, the Chief grabs the other end of his arm and *yanks* the arrows out. Rax falls to his knees, spitting and hissing with all his might. The Chief looks down directly at Jack; gives him a nod once, that clearly conveys "proceed".

    From a corner of the crowd, a call rings out "Fuck im' up Jack!" From across the other side of the ring, a voice calls out as if in response, "Yeh, burn this whole Pit to the ground!" "Hit im' with a hex, Jack!" A murmur begins to trickle through the gathering. Pirates begin to stomp their feet in solidarity. Dux keeps staring back and forth: from Rax's prone form, to your muddy and defiant little warrior band.

    [The shocking turn of events, mixed with the crowd's reaction, has caused Rak'Ta-A, and Rak'Ta-C to grow *Frightened* of Jack. They will not move towards him if possible. They may make Wisdom saving throws during their turns to disable this condition]

    Glal
  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    Urixes grunts disapprovingly at the arrival of more enemies. He then grunts approvingly at Jack's bold attack on Rax, a person that has earned more and more of Urixes' ire as time has gone on. Finally, he grunts with effort as he unleashes another bolt of force and directs his tentacle to assault the enemy shaman.

    OOC: Eldritch Blast at B to try to finish him off, and a Grasp of the Deep at X since he shouldn't have cover from that angle.

    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Eldritch Grunt
    Geth, roll 1d4 for Hashtag Blessed
    Geth, roll 1d10+3 for Force Damage
    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Grunt of the Deep
    Geth, roll 1d8 for Lightning Damage

    Eldritch Grunt:
    1d20+5 15 [1d20=10]
    Hashtag Blessed:
    1d4 4 [1d4=4]
    Force Damage:
    1d10+3 6 [1d10=3]
    Grunt of the Deep:
    1d20+5 10 [1d20=5]
    Lightning Damage:
    1d8 2 [1d8=2]

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    [ Rak'Ta-B is baked by an Eldritch blast...he falls forward against Oak, and rolls off him harmlessly, defeated. Rak'Ta-X ducks, as a whipping tentacle goes high and misses it's head]

    Initiative Order- Round Two:
    1. Oak
    2. Jack
    3. Urixes
    4. Lizardfolk A (15 AC)
    5. Lizardfolk C (15 AC)
    6. Lizardfolk Shaman X (13 AC)
    7. Arno
    8. Strike
    9. Lizardfolk D
    10. Lizardfolk E

    mrpaku on
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Feeling pinned down and nervous, Rak'Ta-A peeks out from behind his tree twice to fling Javelins at Oak, nervously taking note of Jack's prescence

    Geth roll 1d20+4 for Javelin#1
    Geth roll 1d20+4 for Javelin#2

    Rak'Ta-C runs East along the Pit, laying down covering fire for his fellows...he throws one Javelin towards the seemingly unhittable Oak as he leaves cover, and one Javelin towards the dreaded Jack before he enters cover himself, nearby Strike (1 East, 2 Southeast)

    Geth roll 1d20+4 for Javelin#1
    Geth roll 1d20+4 for Javelin#2

    Javelin#1:
    1d20+4 18 [1d20=14]
    Javelin#2:
    1d20+4 19 [1d20=15]
    Javelin#1:
    1d20+4 7 [1d20=3]
    Javelin#2:
    1d20+4 18 [1d20=14]

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Oak's Damage-
    Javelin#1(damage)-
    Geth roll 1d6+2 (piercing)
    Javelin#2(damage)-
    Geth roll 1d6+2 (piercing)

    Jack's Damage-
    Javelin#2(damage)-
    Geth roll 1d6+2 (piercing)

    (piercing):
    1d6+2 3 [1d6=1]
    (piercing):
    1d6+2 6 [1d6=4]
    (piercing):
    1d6+2 8 [1d6=6]

    mrpaku on
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    The Rak'Ta Shaman looks over at Arno's corner and hisses...drawing a clutched claw across it's face, the spellcaster subtly returns the favor. From underneath the feet of Oak, Jack, and Strike, an overgrown, daggered tangle emerges :
    Spike Growth- The ground in a 20-foot radius centered on a point within range twists and sprouts hard spikes and thorns. The area becomes difficult terrain for the duration. When a creature moves into or within the area, it takes 2d4 piercing damage for every 5 feet it travels.
    The transformation of the ground is camouflaged to look natural. Any creature that can't see the area at the time the spell is cast must make a Wisdom (Perception) check against your spell save DC to recognize the terrain as hazardous before entering it.

    As the ground shifts underneath people's feet, the Shaman *hurls* a firsful of flame towards Jack, before ducking back behind cover (... wait, not exactly at Jack... at Jack's tree...)

    OOC: The Shaman would need to roll better than a 19 to actually hit Jack with the fire, but regardless, this cover will be destroyed, and become "on fire" as of the next round

    Geth roll 1d20+4 for Produce Flame (at Jack's Tree)

    Map Legend-
    Large Black Circle- Spike Growth
    Red Tree- Alit; "On Fire" Terrain Next Round

    Produce Flame (at Jack's Tree):
    1d20+4 8 [1d20=4]

    mrpaku on
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Correction: Updated Map-
    imb560is0gbg.jpg

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    OOC: Rax will not be joining the fray, as his Chief physically holds him back. No further Rak'Ta will be inserting themselves into the Ritual. You may choose, on a killing blow, whether or not you choose to "feed the Snake". Survivors of this battle will advance immediately to Level 3.


    Finally, Dux calls out among the din to Arno. "I am ssssorry, I did not wisssh to bring you to your death. You are....ssssso giving, child. But undersssstand...zesse are not *bad guys*, no Rak'Ta here. Zesse are my people. We all sssseerve the World Ssssnake." She hesitates. "Excccept for Rax. *Cloaca* is too kind, for him." She spits. Nearby Rak'Ta begin to take suspicious note of this conversation....

    mrpaku on
  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    "ugh, this feels like a test I didn't study for. Thanks Dux, that does help. Since Rax wants me to kill, I won't. Hey Oak, I'm helping our buddy here, you take the guys on the other side. Careful the spikes"

    Arno moves and strikes at Rak'ta C, using the flat of his scimitar to incapacitate.

    Geth roll 1d20+4 for attack
    Geth roll 1d4 for blessed
    Geth roll 1d20+1 for nature check to understand the pit magic

    attack:
    1d20+4 6 [1d20=2]
    blessed:
    1d4 4 [1d4=4]
    nature check to understand the pit magic:
    1d20+1 16 [1d20=15]

    mrpaku
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    [ARNO]

    Arno misses their scimitar swipe, mainly because midway through they have a revelation about something *very* important:
    This Pit is *ANCIENT*.... incredibly so. The circular red magical ring the shamans just put around this place was mostly for the Festival...the spell just an extra bit of showmanship for the crowd. The key feature here is the angry, wet way the Pit itself seems to suck and draw on the blood and the ichor in the Pit...as though it was the Island *itself* that was hungry, and alive...

    mrpaku on
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    aab7o58eqwer.jpg

    Spike, hissing and fully enraptured in the battle, runs right behind Rak'Ta-C at the edge of the Pit, swinging his Staff around the enemy wildly...

    Geth roll 1d20 for Staff Strike (C)
    Geth roll 1d6+1 for damage (Bludgeoning)

    Geth roll 1d20 for Staff Strike (C)
    Geth roll 1d6+1 for damage (Bludgeoning)

    Staff Strike (C):
    1d20 9 [1d20=9]
    damage (Bludgeoning):
    1d6+1 3 [1d6=2]
    Staff Strike (C):
    1d20 19 [1d20=19]
    damage (Bludgeoning):
    1d6+1 7 [1d6=6]

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    [Rak'Ta-C is dug and carve at with the staff;not much fight left in him!]

    [Rak'Ta-D jogs three spaces South and *Readies* an attack. Rak'Ta-E uses his turn to *Dash* through the area, finally landing guarded behind the Oak tree at (SE 1, S5)]

    wfnvt628jfw6.jpg

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Oak watches as one of the enemies changes the ground at his feet into spiky growths. He laughs loudly, these puny spikes weren't going to keep him from finding more battle. He walks straight through them to his next target, one of the lizards who had been hiding behind one of the tree trunks. "What's the matter? Afraid to get your hands dirty?" He yells at the lizard as he swings down on it with his sword.

    OOC: Diagonal left then straight forward to stand next to A.

    Geth, roll 2d4 for Spike dmg
    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Attack
    Geth, roll 1d10+5 for Dmg

    Spike dmg:
    2d4 3 [2d4=2, 1]
    Attack:
    1d20+5 13 [1d20=8]
    Dmg:
    1d10+5 13 [1d10=8]

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    [Oak's Longsword held between his hands furiously as the spikes dig into his legs, carelessly flinging mud and blood, he blade *sinks* with devastating precision into his target!]

    Rak'Ta-D, as Oak approaches, lets out a deafening battle screech and let's loose with a *SMACK* of their Spiked-Shield towards Oak

    Geth roll 1d20+4 for "Spiked Shield" *READIED*
    Geth roll 1d6+2 (piercing damage)
    ] [/b]

    "Spiked Shield" *READIED*:
    1d20+4 19 [1d20=15]
    (piercing damage):
    1d6+2 6 [1d6=4]

    mrpaku on
  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    Jack is taken aback as his cover is suddenly on fire, surprised at just how quickly the log catches, then tilts his head, watching it for a couple of seconds, "Oak... didn't you win some fire portions recently? Just thinking out loud."

    Knowing his cover is not long for this world he fires a shot at Rak'Ta D, then pulls his feet through both mud and thorns as he moves forward to join Oak in the fray.

    Geth, roll 1d20+6 for Longbow shot at D
    Geth, roll 1d4 for Bonus Bless ToHit
    Geth, roll 1d8+3 for Longbow Damage

    Geth, roll 2d4 for Spike Damage

    ((OOC: He's moving 2xNW and 1xN, to end up on the left side of the cover A and D are against.

    Also, Oak, don't forget about your Bless, as far as I know Spike has not lost his concentration yet (though with him in melee now, maybe that will soon be moot). Also also, those thorns are nasty and do damage for every 5 feet of movement, so maybe trudge around them :) ))

    Longbow shot at D:
    1d20+6 25 [1d20=19]
    Bonus Bless ToHit:
    1d4 4 [1d4=4]
    Longbow Damage:
    1d8+3 4 [1d8=1]
    Spike Damage:
    2d4 4 [2d4=1, 3]

    AustinP0027
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    ((OOC: Yep, forgot bless but we've moved on so not going to roll to add there. Also, yes about the spikes. I believe Oak is out of them now so shouldn't be an issue. IC-wise I'm starting to see Oak's rages as his personality flips in a big way so trying to play that off as "don't care about your damage"

    AustinP0027 on
    Glal
  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    Urixes continues the fight, second verse same as the first. A blast of force here, a tentacle swipe there, with hopefully not too much blood spilled on the ground.

    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Eldritch Bolt vs C
    Geth, roll 1d10+3 for Force Damage
    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Grasp vs X
    Geth, roll 1d8 for Lightning Damage

    Eldritch Bolt vs C:
    1d20+5 9 [1d20=4]
    Force Damage:
    1d10+3 11 [1d10=8]
    Grasp vs X:
    1d20+5 18 [1d20=13]
    Lightning Damage:
    1d8 1 [1d8=1]

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    OOC: Checked on the Bless requirement: It will remain in effect for one minute, unless something break’s Strike’s Concentration. Moving and Attacking don’t break Concentration; taking a hit or casting another spell requiring Concentration would. I’ve retroactively applied Bless bonuses to Oak and Urixes’s rolls, and edited Oak’s attack post.( Sorry about missing that; DMs mind was elsewhere this past week due to the events.)

    [Jack fires off a quick shot from his bow, which pelts Rak’Ta-D in the thigh! Urixes let’s loose a blast of dark energy from one hand, while channeling up a dripping tentacle with the other! Rak’Ta Shaman X managed to dodge underneath the Eldritch blast, but gets grabbed by the wrist and sent a sudden jolt! The sharp pain causes Rak'Ta X to lose Concentration, and the spikes growths dissolve]
    exee7s58qk9b.jpg

    mrpaku on
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    [Rak’Ta-A turns quickly and instinctively *lashes* out as Jack approaches, first with the club, then with the shield (Rak’Ta-A has Disadvantage against the Terrifying Presence of Jack…)]

    Geth roll 1d20+4 for Club Strike (Jack)

    Geth roll 1d20+4 for Club Strike(dis) (Jack)

    Geth roll 1d6+2 Damage

    Geth roll 1d20 for Shield Bash (Jack)

    Geth roll 1d20 for Shield Bash (dis)(Jack)

    Geth roll 1d6+2 Damage

    Geth roll 1d20+1 for Who’s Afraid of the Big Bad Jack

    Geth roll 1d20+1 for Who’s Afraid of the Big Bad Jack (dis)


    [Rak’Ta-C lays into Strike absolutely *viciously*, like a Rak’Ta with something to prove…]

    Geth roll 1d20+4 for Club Strike (Strike)

    Geth roll 1d6+2 Damage

    Geth roll 1d20+4 for Shield Bash (Strike)

    Geth roll 1d6+2 Damage

    Geth roll 1d20+1 for Who’s Afraid of the Big Bad Jack


    [Hissing in fury at Urixes’s breaking their spell, the Shaman pops out from behind cover again. It produces from within it’s garb a small sliver of iron in one hand; in the other it begins to conjure another flame. Rubbing it’s hands together briefly, it suddenly throw both of it’s arms forward: from the right hand a flameball shoots out towards Urixes as he stands behind cover. From the left, seemingly nothing. And then within his palms, Oak’s longsword begins to burn and itch…]

    Geth roll 1d20+4 for Produce Flame (at Urixes’s Tree)

    Geth roll 1d8 for Fire Damage (Urixes)

    Geth roll 2d8 for Fire Damage (Oak)

    Geth roll 1d20+4 for Heat Metal (at Oak’s Longsword)


    OOC: Rak’Ta-A and Rak’Ta-C must beat a 13 to cease being Frightened of Jack.

    On a 19, Urixes gets hit by the fireball, but in any case, next turn this tree will be lit up and the square on fire.

    Oak takes 2d8 damage (unblockable), and is rolling a Constitution Save vs. The Shaman’s Heat Metal spell to see if he is a Bad Enough Dude to keep holding the heated sword. If he fails, he must either drop the Longsword or get disadvantage on attack rolls and ability checks until the beginning of the Shaman’s next turn.

    The map should be updated, to reflect both Jack’s appropriate position, as well as the dissolution of the Spiky Growth field. Please let me know if I missed anything! After this resolves, turn is to Arno when they are ready!
    5tf3ud09lxr9.jpg

    Club Strike (Jack):
    1d20+4 21 [1d20=17]
    Club Strike(dis) (Jack):
    1d20+4 16 [1d20=12]
    Damage:
    1d6+2 8 [1d6=6]
    Shield Bash (Jack):
    1d20 8 [1d20=8]
    Shield Bash (dis)(Jack):
    1d20 10 [1d20=10]
    Damage:
    1d6+2 5 [1d6=3]
    Whos Afraid of the Big Bad Jack:
    1d20+1 12 [1d20=11]
    Whos Afraid of the Big Bad Jack (dis):
    1d20+1 13 [1d20=12]
    Club Strike (Strike):
    1d20+4 18 [1d20=14]
    Damage:
    1d6+2 7 [1d6=5]
    Shield Bash (Strike):
    1d20+4 5 [1d20=1]
    Damage:
    1d6+2 6 [1d6=4]
    Whos Afraid of the Big Bad Jack:
    1d20+1 16 [1d20=15]
    Produce Flame (at Urixess Tree):
    1d20+4 12 [1d20=8]
    Fire Damage (Urixes):
    1d8 5 [1d8=5]
    Fire Damage (Oak):
    2d8 11 [2d8=3, 8]
    Heat Metal (at Oaks Longsword):
    1d20+4 12 [1d20=8]

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    [Rak'Ta-A remains Frightened of Jack, but just managed to club him for 8 damage.]

    [Rak'Ta-C has shaken off his fright off Jack, and clubbed Strike a good one for 7 damage.]

    [Oak takes 11 damage from the suddenly red hot metal]

    OOC: Should I start doing HP updates for you guys and the baddies when I start a new round or repost Initiative?

    mrpaku on
  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    ((OOC: Reposting initiative is enough for me, it feels like a bunch of extra work for you to also keep track of our health, I'm happy to call it out Jack's health myself if we feel it's useful? Jack is currently on 19HP, those extra hitpoints just melted away :D ))

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    OOC: Oak's at 23. Lots of temp HP between feast, spell, plus shifting so only down two actually hit points.

    Did Bless drop? If not, I'll successfully save since at worst I can tie. If it didn't stay up, I'm going to use my inspiration to reroll.

    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Con Save

    Con Save:
    1d20+5 11 [1d20=6]

    AustinP0027 on
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    OOC: Bless effects dropped from the group when Rak'Ta-C clubbed Strike for 7 just now

Sign In or Register to comment.