As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[D&D 5E] Whispered Curse, Day 43- Pirate Haven of Chaff

1737476787988

Posts

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    OOC: Urixes and Aloro- Likely hidden from no one

    Arno- Likely hidden from everyone

    CURRENT MAP- (New Page)
    3jbybmpbjq0n.jpg

    mrpaku on
  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    OOC about how far from the witch am I?

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    zekebeau wrote: »
    OOC about how far from the witch am I?

    OOC About 135 ft. away at the moment (those two Force blasts knocked her back towards the railing)

  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    Jack jogs to take cover behind the statue North, North-East of him (OOC: he has 35ft of movement speed, is that enough? If not, as close as he can), pulling out his longbow, "A-ha! Finally get to use this one again, without magickal nonsense eating my arrows!".

    He takes aim, then fires off two quick shots.

    Geth, roll 1d20+9 for Longbow Shot at Little Hag
    Geth, roll 1d8+4 for Damage
    Geth, roll 1d20+9 for Longbow Shot at Little Hag
    Geth, roll 1d8+4 for Damage

    Longbow Shot at Little Hag:
    1d20+9 15 [1d20=6]
    Damage:
    1d8+4 8 [1d8=4]
    Longbow Shot at Little Hag:
    1d20+9 28 [1d20=19]
    Damage:
    1d8+4 12 [1d8=8]

    mrpakuAustinP0027
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    Jack follows up on the opening provided by Urixes. *Rushing* out from the Tower, he unleashes his Longbow upon the distant small figure planted along the railing. Both shots find their mark, and the Little Witch gives a piercing *SHRIEK* as the arrows make their way into each of her shoulders (-10 piercing (resistance) )

    OOC: Not quite close enough for proper cover, but I got you as near as possible!

    The Witch’s Team, caught on the back foot, finally snaps into action. Private Murtogg takes a shot at the exposed Warlock Urixes, trying to tag him with his Heavy Crossbow, before himself taking cover behind the nearby statue and attempting to HIDE…

    Geth roll 1d20+3 H.Crossbow vs. Urixes

    Geth roll 1d10+1 piercing

    Geth roll 1d20+1 Stealth Check (Murtogg)
    Private Mullroy DASHES to the West, taking cover behind another nearby statue!

    Pretty-Kitty gives the loudest under-the-breath-growl you’ve ever heard. Slowly, it puts its head and neck down and stalks its way into the field of statues, *hissing* quietly to itself as it HIDES and makes its way towards the Wild Bunch…
    Geth roll 1d20+2 Stealth Check (Pretty-Kitty)

    Governor Mitchum, without a word, *JERKS* over towards the air-headed duo of Iron Mike and Marlowe. He doesn’t say a word: with less effort and in less time than it would take you to lift a flagon, the Governor *HEFTS* the Gnome up overhead, and *CHUCKS* him off the side, towards the rocks and water far below.

    “Mike…Michael. MICHAEL!” Marlowe can’t believe what he’s just seen. Falling to his knees and suddenly breathing very fast, the spacy Wizard reaches out a futile hand towards his now falling companion…

    Mithcum hasn’t even stopped to look back. Still wordless and inscrutable behind his darkend glasses, the Governor makes his way into the field of statues, looking for one of you, next…

    The She-Witch pulls herself up, a look of slight shock on her face. Wincing, she drags herself to her feet, and then *SNAPS* each of the arrows from her shoulders with pained cries.

    “Didn't remember…how much…that could fucking HURT. Well, forget as much as you’ve learned, I suppose..” Standing, the tiny girl takes on a sharp, malevolent aura. Snapping her fingers once, a globe of faint shimmering energy *SPRINGS* to life around the child-thing, the proud smirk returning to her face. “Oh, I’d heard you were good…but you got lucky. You won’t get a chance like that again, I can assure you…”

    She-Witch Faye has cast a “Globe of Invulnerability” around herself!


    The Edgar Brothers split up: the Sorcerer Aaron remains slightly behind in the tower, weaving a magical armor onto his person. The Paladin David runs into the field of statues and takes cover (accidentally) behind the same stonework as Arno and Trey, nearly running them over before attempting to HIDE his bulky frame behind the ancient carved fish above head. Meanwhile, the Ranger Jared DASHES just in front of Jack, growling with a sinister intent that matches that of the surly cat…
    Geth roll 1d20 Stealth Check (David)

    Aaron has joined the cool-kids and donned “Mage Armor!”! David has discovered Arno…but he’ll make sure to keep that to himself

    H.Crossbow vs. Urixes:
    1d20+3 22 [1d20=19]
    piercing:
    1d10+1 8 [1d10=7]
    Stealth Check (Murtogg):
    1d20+1 20 [1d20=19]
    Stealth Check (Pretty-Kitty):
    1d20+2 4 [1d20=2]
    Stealth Check (David):
    1d20 5 [1d20=5]

    mrpaku on
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    Marlowe the Magnificent is still in shock. He hasn’t budged from his silent viewing of Iron Mike’s fall, and remains hand sadly outstretched over the side…

    The She-Witch, domed in a shimmering magical paling, looks over with smugness at the Hermit. “Feeling less insecure now? Tantrum all over? Ready for what you have to do, for us?”

    Irnas, with one final pained look, finally nods. Suddenly, the Hermit *LIFTS* up into the air, fifteen feet off the ground. With newfound determination, the wizened old man begins to float into the field of statues, hands tensed and eyes seeking…

    The She-Witch, taking in everything around, watches as a bolt catches itself in Urixes. Giggling with sadistic glee, the Little Witch taunts you from afar. “Ohh, did that hurt, Chicken-heart? There’s more where that came from before the night’s over, my dear…”

    Following her loyal foot solider, the She-Witch moves to HIDE herself behind the nearby statue…
    Geth roll 1d20+2 Stealth Check (Faye)

    OOC: Irnas currently Flying. Murtogg (Soldier#1) and She-Witch Faye in Hiding. Turn to @zekebeau @AustinP0027 @Denada !

    CURRENT MAPS-
    a468gxb31xig.jpg

    vp41xvhh9xrg.jpg

    nkjymgutubwx.jpg

    Stealth Check (Faye):
    1d20+2 18 [1d20=16]

    mrpaku on
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Oak charges ahead again, towards the next statue, getting closer to the collection of enemies. As he reaches the statue, he glances back to see where the rest of his crew was. Finding them farther behind him than he expected, he lowers himself down behind the statue further to attempt to provide cover. He didn't want to be the sole target just yet, everyone else needed to get into position, so he needed to hold off just a little longer.

    OOC:Dash again, assuming it'll get me to the next fish statue. Will use BA to try and hide on this one.

    Geth, roll 1d20+2 for Stealth

    Stealth:
    1d20+2 4 [1d20=2]

    mrpaku
  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    Urixes doesn't give the witch the satisfaction of a response, instead sprinting to the next statue and launching some blasts at Irnas.

    OOC: Urixes will head to the next statue, fire off a couple of Eldritch Bolts at Irnas (assuming he's in range, if not I'll edit), then finish off the turn with a bonus action to Hide.

    Geth, roll 1d20+8 for Eldritch Blast 1
    Geth, roll 1d10+4 for Force Damage 1
    Geth, roll 1d20+8 for Eldritch Blast 2
    Geth, roll 1d10+4 for Force Damage 2
    Geth, roll 1d20+2 for Stealth Check

    Eldritch Blast 1:
    1d20+8 13 [1d20=5]
    Force Damage 1:
    1d10+4 11 [1d10=7]
    Eldritch Blast 2:
    1d20+8 14 [1d20=6]
    Force Damage 2:
    1d10+4 8 [1d10=4]
    Stealth Check:
    1d20+2 5 [1d20=3]

  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    Arno directs Trey to go and cover Oak. The changeling bites their tongue, and instead remains one with the shadows. But if Iraks gets within 60ft, the old wizard will feel the frostbite.

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    Irnas, the old man surprisingly spry, *twists* out of the way of Urixes's arcane blasts. Both shots barely miss the wizened hermit!

    Trey the Ape, with a *burst* of primal speed, follows Arno's order and DASHES out towards the Shifter's side...

    Aloro the Eladrin, putting space between herself and the approaching mage, DASHES towards the southernmost statue, attempting to lose the attention of the crowd...
    Geth roll 1d20+1 Stealth Check (Aloro)

    Stealth Check (Aloro):
    1d20+1 14 [1d20=13]

    mrpaku on
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    The Eladrin disappears amongst the statues (although, Arno's Passive Perception manages to keep track of her...)

    CURRENT MAP-

    k2m8ef23eth4.jpg

    ARNO-ENHANCED MAP
    fu6yo8yl1e48.jpg

    Turn to Jack ( @Glal ) whenever he's ready!

    mrpaku on
  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    Jack take up the spot beside Jared, "Heya, fancy meeting you here." He peers around the status for anyone still out in the open, spying the floating hermit, "Well that's... weird." Assuming a flying target would be an annoying opponent for Oak to face he aims for the hovering man first.

    "Hey, floaty man! Over here!"

    Geth, roll 1d20+9 for Longbow Shot at Hermit
    Geth, roll 1d8+4 for Damage
    Geth, roll 1d20+9 for Longbow Shot at Hermit
    Geth, roll 1d8+4 for Damage

    ((OOC: If either of those hits he's going to apply Goading Attack - target makes a Wis save vs. 15 or has disadvantage vs. other targets until the end of my next turn ))

    Geth, roll 1d8 for Additional Damage On Hit

    Longbow Shot at Hermit:
    1d20+9 21 [1d20=12]
    Damage:
    1d8+4 5 [1d8=1]
    Longbow Shot at Hermit:
    1d20+9 23 [1d20=14]
    Damage:
    1d8+4 8 [1d8=4]
    Additional Damage:
    1d8 4 [1d8=4]

    mrpaku
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Both shots land home- the first into the mage's neck, the second deep into his abdomen! Concentration broken, the now-howling Hermit free-falls from the sky, *cracking* his body against the stone below!
    Geth roll 1d20+1 Wisdom Save vs. Goading
    Geth roll 1d6 bludgeoning (Fall Damage)

    Wisdom Save vs. Goading:
    1d20+1 12 [1d20=11]
    bludgeoning (Fall Damage):
    1d6 4 [1d6=4]

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    FAYE’S CREW
    Private Mullroy takes aim at the rushing Trey, loosing a heavy bolt towards the Ape before dropping back and attempting to HIDE behind his cover…
    Geth roll 1d20+3 H.Crossbow (Trey)

    Geth roll 1d10+1 piercing

    Geth roll 1d20+1 Stealth Check (Mullroy)

    The hidden Private Murtogg suddenly pops out from the other side of his statue, firing once upon the exposed Jack, before also falling back and trying to HIDE…
    Geth roll 1d20+3 H.Crossbow (Jack)

    Geth roll 1d10+1 piercing

    Geth roll 1d20+1 Stealth Check (Murtogg)

    Stalking his way South, Mitchum’s eyes catch the sight of the Tiefling Warlock. An evil smile curls his lips. From out of his mouth, a deep, thick voice (which sounds *nothing* like the Governor you knew) emerges.“Ey’ dere, OL’ MATEY…Long time, no ssseeeee…”

    His cane is tossed uselessly to the side. The Governor breaks into a run, fully DASHING towards Urixes, across the field of statues and through the pool in the center

    A feline figure emerges from the statue to Oak’s north. At first it simply looks like a pissed off cat, but every step the creature takes closer, Oak can see the illusion wear off more and more, until eventually, he’s staring at a panther-like coil of flailing tentacles and sharpened teeth

    atxrnv3p40ba.png

    The creature attacks!
    Geth roll 1d20+6 Tentacle Slap (Oak)

    Geth roll 1d6+4 bludgeoning

    Geth roll 1d6 piercing

    Geth roll 1d20+6 Tentacle Slap (Oak)

    Geth roll 1d6+4 bludgeoning

    Geth roll 1d6 piercing

    From somewhere to the North, the Little Witch laughs as one Mage weeps and another falls. You can tell from her tone she’s enjoying being the cause of this chaos all around her. Little feet pitter-patter wildly, and you find it impossible to place where the voice is coming from.

    “Well then, who’s first? Tear out the Curse’s heart? Break it’s plucky spirit? Maybe flay the hairy one? Don’t worry, dear Urixes…I’ll make sure to save you for last. So you can *watch*.”

    Another giggle, and then a flash of silvery mist from nearby Private Mullroy’s location

    She Witch Faye casts “Misty Step”! She’s still no where to be seen...


    EDGAR BOYS
    Jared Edgar greets Jack, panting. “Ye’al’eright, boyo?” He watches as the Young Shifter grounds the Mad Mage, whistling in appreciation. “Heck’uva wing, fella, heck’aun! Lessee if I ken..” Watching as the Governor madly dashes through the pool, the young man notches an arrow, whispers something to it, and let’s fly…

    OOC: If either of these hits, Jared will be enchanting the arrow with an Ensnaring Strike
    Geth roll 1d20+5 Longbow (Mitchum)

    Geth roll 1d8+1 piercing

    Geth roll 1d20+5 Longbow (Mitchum)

    Geth roll 1d8+1 piercing

    Geth roll 1d20+5 Stealth Check

    Aaron Edgar *BURSTS* out from the doors of the tower, shouting an incomprehensible battle-cry, running towards the nearest cover, and unleashing a spinning Magical Missile into the Governor’s chest along the way!
    Geth roll 1d4+1 force (Dart#1)

    Geth roll 1d4+1 force (Dart#2)

    Geth roll 1d4+1 force (Dart#3)

    David Edgar nods subtly down at the hidden figure of Arno. “S’good ken…kep da’trim, den BRICKEM’ on da kip!” (Excellent decision…stay low here, then *SMASH THEM* from nowhere when they get close!)

    Seeing the rapidly approaching Governor, the Paladin runs out from cover, attempting to get between Mitchum and Urixes. As he rushes out, he produces a small sheet of white cloth from his sleeve, which he proceeds to wave around as he chants a holy incantation. He uses the flowing sheet to mark three of you: Arno, Urixes, and his brother Aaron

    David Edgar has cast “Aid”! Arno, Urixes, and Aaron’s max and current hit points increase by 5 for the duration of the battle!


    IRNAS THE HERMIT
    The battered old man pulls himself up slowly, still stuck with Jack’s arrows. His eyes look *INSANE*. Nose broken, the elder hermit drags himself towards Jack, *SCREAMING* at the top of his lungs.

    “*IT’S YOU…THE WILD-KIND! YOU HAVE THE SWORD, I CAN SMELL IT!*” The man’s hands swirl mystical in front of him, and he combines a pinch of something from his pocket with a palmful of rain from the skies above.

    As he chants, the atmosphere around Jared and Jack grows suddenly thick and cold. From above, the rain slowly grows heavier, more solid, until bludgeoning hail begins to flood the air above your heads…

    Irnas the Hermit cast “Ice Storm” on the area around Jack and Jared!
    A hail of rock-hard ice pounds to the ground in a 20-foot-radius, 40-foot-high cylinder centered on a point within range. Each creature in the cylinder must make a Dexterity saving throw (DC-14). A creature takes 2d8 bludgeoning damage and 4d6 cold damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one. Hailstones turn the storm’s area of effect into difficult terrain until the end of your next turn.

    H.Crossbow (Trey):
    1d20+3 10 [1d20=7]
    piercing:
    1d10+1 6 [1d10=5]
    Stealth Check (Mullroy):
    1d20+1 6 [1d20=5]
    H.Crossbow (Jack):
    1d20+3 10 [1d20=7]
    piercing:
    1d10+1 5 [1d10=4]
    Stealth Check (Murtogg):
    1d20+1 21 [1d20=20]
    Tentacle Slap (Oak):
    1d20+6 7 [1d20=1]
    bludgeoning:
    1d6+4 10 [1d6=6]
    piercing:
    1d6 6 [1d6=6]
    Tentacle Slap (Oak):
    1d20+6 20 [1d20=14]
    bludgeoning:
    1d6+4 9 [1d6=5]
    piercing:
    1d6 4 [1d6=4]
    Longbow (Mitchum):
    1d20+5 13 [1d20=8]
    piercing:
    1d8+1 9 [1d8=8]
    Longbow (Mitchum):
    1d20+5 13 [1d20=8]
    piercing:
    1d8+1 6 [1d8=5]
    Stealth Check:
    1d20+5 9 [1d20=4]
    force (Dart#1):
    1d4+1 4 [1d4=3]
    force (Dart#2):
    1d4+1 4 [1d4=3]
    force (Dart#3):
    1d4+1 5 [1d4=4]

    mrpaku on
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    ICE STORM:
    Geth roll 2d8 bludgeoning (Jack and Jared)
    Geth roll 4d6 cold (Jack and Jared)
    Geth roll 1d20+5 Saving Throw vs. Ice Storm (Jared)

    Private Murtogg *vanishes* back into the Field of Statues! (Murtogg and Faye are currently HIDDEN)

    Governor Mitchum is bodily driven back by the fling of Missiles, and *ROARS* in rage, sounding more animal than man!

    Marlowe the Magnificent…seems to be gone. Either he’s quicker than he looks, and just vanished into the field of statues…or he went over the cliffside, following after his friend…


    6dnxiz72yaf4.jpg

    MEANWHILE…NEARBY…
    The Whispered Curse is close enough that you can hear it down the channel now. There is battle all along the Main Deck: the sound of thwipping bows and swinging swords. Neither side gives an inch…someone, you can’t recognize the voice, let’s out a horrible yell of pain!

    Suddenly, the sky lights up. There is a momentary crackle, followed by an impossibly fast *FLASH*. A single, branched bolt of lighting snaps down into the channel. It makes connection with one of the Wyverns, frying the beast in an instant! The bat-thing goes limp, and falls from the sky…

    OOC: Another Wyvern down; now only four left. It sounds like there’s been at least one casualty aboard the Whispered Curse thus far. Urixes, Hex has finally escorted Crude and Ril safely back to the Ship and is headed this way now: he will arrive and be back under your control in 3 more rounds. Arno, remember to add Advantage to any attacks taken from Hiding. Turn to Oak ( @AustinP0027 ), Arno ( @zekebeau ) , and Urixes ( @Denada )!

    bludgeoning (Jack and Jared):
    2d8 6 [2d8=4, 2]
    cold (Jack and Jared):
    4d6 14 [4d6=1, 4, 4, 5]
    Saving Throw vs. Ice Storm (Jared):
    1d20+5 10 [1d20=5]

    mrpaku on
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Oak roars out as the beast's second blow connects. His tenuous grip over his anger slips in that moment and all he sees is the tunnel vision sight of the enemy in front of him. His axe now lashes out, returning a counter attack to the thing the cat had become.

    OOC: Now it's time to rage.

    Geth, roll 1d20+10 for Attack
    Geth, roll 1d12+9 for Dmg

    Geth, roll 1d20+10 for Attack
    Geth, roll 1d12+9 for Dmg

    Attack:
    1d20+10 23 [1d20=13]
    Dmg:
    1d12+9 17 [1d12=8]
    Attack:
    1d20+10 15 [1d20=5]
    Dmg:
    1d12+9 21 [1d12=12]

    mrpaku
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    Both blows connect! The first fully severs one of the creature's limbs, while the second *drives home* into the monstrositie's ribs, forcing the wind from its lungs! (-38 damage!)

    mrpaku on
    AustinP0027
  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    Arno can't hold their tongue any longer. "Hey, Jack isn't that hairy, you'll never break me, and if anything is getting torn up it will be your pet. So stop counting your corpses before they fall witch! But they won't fall, because I'll heal them, so there!"

    Cover blown, but with a wizard knocked from the sky, it feels like the right time to go big.

    "Hey Mitchem, time to hang ten." Yeah, that was a good one. Nice job brain.

    OOC Arno casts the final 3rd level spell, tidal wave, hitting both Iraxs and Mitchem [they should be 30ft apart I think]. If not, just Mitchem, and Trey will charge up and attack, or dash if he's not close enough. I'll resolve Trey after I know if he can att
    You conjure up a wave of water that crashes down on an area within range. The area can be up to 30 feet long, up to 10 feet wide, and up to 10 feet tall. Each creature in that area must make a Dexterity saving throw. On a failed save, a creature takes 4d8 bludgeoning damage and is knocked prone. On a successful save, a creature takes half as much damage and isn’t knocked prone. The water then spreads out across the ground in all directions, extinguishing unprotected flames in its area and within 30 feet of it, and then it vanishes

    Trey: AC 13, HP 36, attack same as spell attk, hit 1d8+6.

    Geth roll 4d8 bludgeoning damage

    bludgeoning damage:
    4d8 10 [4d8=3, 1, 1, 5]

    mrpaku
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    A wave grows out from the pool in the center of the area, swelling and climbing towards the sky before *CRASHING* down on the Governor and the Hermit! Both men are driven to the floor by the force of the water, but each manages to regain their footing

    Geth roll 1d20+2 Dex Save (Irnas)
    Geth roll 1d20+2 Dex Save (Mitchum)

    OOC: Trey is within attacking range of both Pretty Kitty and Governor Mitchum this turn!

    Dex Save (Irnas):
    1d20+2 21 [1d20=19]
    Dex Save (Mitchum):
    1d20+2 17 [1d20=15]

    mrpaku on
  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    Trey attacks the shell of the former Governor

    Geth roll 1d20+7 to hit Mtichem

    Geth roll 1d8+6 to for arcane ape damage (it is considered a magical weapon)

    to hit:
    1d20+7 22 [1d20=15]
    arcane ape damage (it is considered a magical weapon):
    1d8+6 14 [1d8=8]

    zekebeau on
    AustinP0027
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    As the Governor struggles to pull himself up from Arno's tidal slam, Trey the Ape is on him in an instant. *BELLOWING FEROCIOUSLY*, the primate wails on the soaked Mitchum with fists of rage, beating the bloody hell out of the man as the bespectacled bastard tries in vain to catch his breath...

    OOC: I'll give Urixes about another hour, then I'll have Aloro take her turn: that way, turn will be to Urixes and Jack, and @Glal will get another opportunity today!

    zekebeau
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Crouched in the shadows behind one of the southeastern statues, the Sorceress Aloro suddenly strolls out into the fray, spitting out a series of arcane syllables as she marches. She rolls a tiny, strong smelling ball inside her closed fist. When the Eladrin comes into line of sight of the fracas at the center of the courtyard, she *HURLS* her clenched hand out and up, giving an articulate flick to her wrist at the end. A streak of brilliant light shoots out of her extended hand, flying towards the combatants in the water. At the very same moment Aloro reaches the safety of the other statue and attempts to HIDE at its edges, the streak of light lands between the Hermit and the Governor, and *EXPLODES* into a blossoming, expanding ball of fire!

    Aloro casts "Fireball"!
    Geth roll 1d20+1 Stealth Check (Aloro)

    Geth roll 8d6 fire damage (Irnas and Mitchum)

    Geth roll 1d20 Wild Magic Surge

    Geth roll 1d20+2 Dex Save (Irnas)

    Geth roll 1d20+2 Dex Save (Mitchum)

    OOC: Turn to Urixes and Jack when they’re ready!

    Stealth Check (Aloro):
    1d20+1 11 [1d20=10]
    fire damage (Irnas and Mitchum):
    8d6 28 [8d6=4, 6, 2, 4, 3, 1, 3, 5]
    Wild Magic Surge:
    1d20 6 [1d20=6]
    Dex Save (Irnas):
    1d20+2 20 [1d20=18]
    Dex Save (Mitchum):
    1d20+2 20 [1d20=18]

  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    Yeah, both just happen to roll 18 on their save, nothing fishy about that, GETH!

    AustinP0027
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    The Maddened Hermit is still aflame when his body hits the stones once again. He screams, attempting to twist, roll, and put the fire out...but his body fails him before the rain can smother the cinders of what remains...

    Irnas has been *slain*!

    mrpaku on
    AustinP0027
  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    Aaah, ice magicks, no fair!

    Geth, roll 1d20+4 for Dex Saving Throw

    Right, time for a follow up! He pops out of cover, only to see the mage go down, "...heeey, my target." Oh well, not like he's hurting for them right now. Hm, who's next... oh, hello!

    Geth, roll 1d20+9 for Longbow Shot at Mitchum
    Geth, roll 1d8+4 for Damage
    Geth, roll 1d20+9 for Longbow Shot at Mitchum
    Geth, roll 1d8+4 for Damage

    ((OOC: Has the little witch dropped her protective spell yet? ))

    Dex Saving Throw:
    1d20+4 12 [1d20=8]
    Longbow Shot at Mitchum:
    1d20+9 13 [1d20=4]
    Damage:
    1d8+4 10 [1d8=6]
    Longbow Shot at Mitchum:
    1d20+9 23 [1d20=14]
    Damage:
    1d8+4 11 [1d8=7]

  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    OOC: the protection is against spells only, you can shoot her fine.

    mrpaku
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    Jack's first shot goes *just* over Mitchum's skull, but the second flies straight into the Governor's face, slicing open his forehead and smashing his glasses up! Finally pulling himself away from Trey's viscous assault, the Governor grunts, and grabs the remnants of the frames from his brow. He throws them to the floor in disgust, the blackened lenses smeared with crimson. Blood freely drips from the Governor's head as he looks up again at you all, his eyes finally visible. You wish they weren't...

    vvylh9qmqjeb.png

    mrpaku on
    Glal
  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    (( Sorry for the wait, work has been busy the last few days! ))

    Urixes watches the flurry of spells and arrows flying across the battlefield, but finds his mind with the ship, straining to reach out to Hex and get an update on the Curse and her crew. Finding that Hex is coming back to him, he finally snaps back to the battle at hand, unleashing bolts of force at the former governor. He drops the pretense of hiding since he was always so bad at it, resigned to just use the statue as simple cover instead. As the blasts streak towards their target, a shadowy tentacle springs to life near Mitchum's position.

    OOC: A couple eldritch blasts at Mitchum, and using my bonus action to summon a tentacle.

    Geth, roll 1d20+8 for Eldritch Blast 1
    Geth, roll 1d10+4 for Force Damage 1
    Geth, roll 1d20+8 for Eldritch Blast 2
    Geth, roll 1d10+4 for Force Damage 2
    Geth, roll 1d20+8 for Grasp of the Deep
    Geth, roll 1d8 for Lightning Damage

    Eldritch Blast 1:
    1d20+8 13 [1d20=5]
    Force Damage 1:
    1d10+4 13 [1d10=9]
    Eldritch Blast 2:
    1d20+8 26 [1d20=18]
    Force Damage 2:
    1d10+4 6 [1d10=2]
    Grasp of the Deep:
    1d20+8 11 [1d20=3]
    Lightning Damage:
    1d8 6 [1d8=6]

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    The Governor seems to be collecting himself. With more grace than you would’ve given him credit for, he wriggles out from the grasp of the deep, and artfully dodges the Warlock’s first Eldritch Blast. The second catches him full in the chest, popping the buttons on his jacket, and exposing the collared shirt underneath…


    FAYE’S CREW
    The sound of clomping boots can be heard from the Northeast, but Private Murtogg remains hidden in the shadows as he DASHES somewhere to the south…

    Private Mullroy peeks his head out once at the fracas. He sees the Warlock across the crowded pool. Loading another bolt, the soldier *lets fly* on Urixes, and then immediately ducks back behind the snake statue
    Geth roll 1d20+3 H.Crossbow (Urixes)

    Geth roll 1d10+1 piercing

    Geth roll 1d20+1 Stealth Check (Mullroy)

    Pretty Kitty, her wound simply making her more aggressive, continues her deadly dance with the enraged Shifter, *batting and clawing* at Oak as the tentacles whip around overhead…
    Geth roll 1d20+6 Tentacle (Oak)

    Geth roll 1d6+4 bludgeoning

    Geth roll 1d6 piercing

    Geth roll 1d20+6 Tentacle (Oak)

    Geth roll 1d6+4 bludgeoning

    Geth roll 1d6 piercing

    The Governor’s eyes glow red and yellow in the Midnight dark; a pair of sickly luminescent lanterns. The usual grimace on his face has been replaced with a smirking, too-broad grin. Mitchum turns, slowly, to look Arno in the eyes. His voice is like gravel on chains: “That’s the *second* time you’ve shared a drink with me, Little Copy-C***. Lessee if I can repay ya’ the favor…”. With unnatural strength and speed, the Governor leaps forward to grab Trey by the shoulder, and then winds back and *PUNCHES* his fist through the creature, *HARD*…

    Arno, Governor Mitchum is trying to get in your head and Frighten you with his sinister glowing eyes, and Intimidating Presence (remember to apply a -2 to your overall Saving Throw here, as Urixes’s story in the tunnel reminded you of your Nightmares):
    You can use your action to frighten someone with your menacing presence. When you do so, choose one creature that you can see within 60 feet of you. If the creature can see or hear you, it must succeed on a Wisdom saving throw (DC-11) or be Frightened of you until the end of your next turn. On subsequent turns, you can use your action to extend the Duration of this Effect on the Frightened creature until the end of your next turn. This Effect ends if the creature ends its turn out of line of sight or more than 60 feet away from you.

    If the creature succeeds on its saving throw, you can’t use this feature on that creature again for 24 hours.
    Geth roll 1d20+14 Iron-Fist/Velvet-Glove (Trey the Ape)

    Geth roll 6d6+9 bludgeoning

    Faye’s voice floats in from somewhere to the Northwest, her tiny footsteps just barely discernable over the rain and battle. “…but they are falling, my *dear* little sweetheart! They’re falling *RIGHT NOW*” Another crackle of electrical energy fills the air, this time from much closer by…

    She-Witch Faye casts “Lightning Bolt” from the west side of the battlefield, shooting out a 100 foot, straight line of ionized-energy at Jack, Jared, and Arno:

    A stroke of lightning forming a line of 100 feet long and 5 feet wide blasts out from you in a direction you choose. Each creature in the line must make a Dexterity (DC-17) saving throw. A creature takes 8d6 lightning damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one. The lightning ignites flammable objects in the area that aren't being worn or carried.

    Geth roll 8d8 lightning damage

    H.Crossbow (Urixes):
    1d20+3 4 [1d20=1]
    piercing:
    1d10+1 8 [1d10=7]
    Stealth Check (Mullroy):
    1d20+1 2 [1d20=1]
    Tentacle (Oak):
    1d20+6 19 [1d20=13]
    bludgeoning:
    1d6+4 5 [1d6=1]
    piercing:
    1d6 1 [1d6=1]
    Tentacle (Oak):
    1d20+6 8 [1d20=2]
    bludgeoning:
    1d6+4 5 [1d6=1]
    piercing:
    1d6 5 [1d6=5]
    Iron-Fist/Velvet-Glove (Trey the Ape):
    1d20+14 28 [1d20=14]
    bludgeoning:
    6d6+9 31 [6d6=2, 4, 6, 5, 4, 1]
    lightning damage:
    8d8 27 [8d8=8, 4, 1, 2, 8, 2, 1, 1]

    mrpaku on
  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    geth roll 1d20+7+1d4-2 for WIS save vs frightened

    geth roll 1d20+1d4+2 for DEX save vs lightning

    OOC: I think you made a mistake with the damage against Trey, that says 6d6. I'll just wait here, casually drinking some water, while you let me know that was a typo.

    WIS save vs frightened:
    1d20+7+1d4-2 25 [1d20=16] [1d4=4]
    DEX save vs lightning:
    1d20+1d4+2 12 [1d20=9] [1d4=1]

  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    OOC: Arno uses reaction to cast Absorb elements to gain resistance to lightning dmg, halving that 13 dmg [which really really hurts still]

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    EDGAR BOYS

    Geth roll 1d20+2 Dex Save vs. Lightning (Jared)
    Jared Edgar is battered and burned by the lightning. Crying out in pain and anger, the young Ranger rushes forward towards the Witch, a stream of what you can only guess are obscenities spewing from his mouth as arrows spit from his bow…
    Geth roll 1d20+5 Longbow (Faye)

    Geth roll 1d6+2 piercing

    Geth roll 1d20+5 Longbow (Faye)

    Geth roll 1d6+2 piercing

    David Edgar watches as the Governor nearly punches through the Great Ape’s ribs. Giving a fierce, retaliatory *battle cry*, the Paladin charges into the fray, whipping his glowing Longsword around overhead as he descends on the monstrous man…

    Paladin David will apply “Wrathful Smite” to either blow that lands on the Governor
    Geth roll 1d20+5 Longsword (Mitchum)

    Geth roll 1d8+2 slashing

    Geth roll 1d20+5 Longsword (Mitchum)

    Geth roll 1d8+2 slashing

    Geth roll 1d6 psychic (Wrathful Smite)

    The Sorcerer Aaron *curses* the dim paling he can make out coming off of the Witch. With an effort, he pulls himself away from Jared’s cause and seeks to aid his brother David. Pinching a sugary dollop between his fingertips as he whispers a spell, the Edgar gently blows it towards Mitchum…

    Aaron Edgar is casting “Slow” on Governor Mitchum (DC-13)!
    Geth roll 1d20+3 Wisdom Save vs. Slow (Mitchum)

    qwyjgktdko7f.jpg

    OOC: Turn to the Wild Bunch! And I double-checked it just in case…but that 6d6+9 bludgeoning *is* accurate. Governor Mitchum, or whatever he’s become, hits like an absolute *TRUCK*

    You guys are in the Deep End this time, and here thar’ be monsters!

    Dex Save vs. Lightning (Jared):
    1d20+2 8 [1d20=6]
    Longbow (Faye):
    1d20+5 15 [1d20=10]
    piercing:
    1d6+2 3 [1d6=1]
    Longbow (Faye):
    1d20+5 11 [1d20=6]
    piercing:
    1d6+2 4 [1d6=2]
    Longsword (Mitchum):
    1d20+5 15 [1d20=10]
    slashing:
    1d8+2 9 [1d8=7]
    Longsword (Mitchum):
    1d20+5 18 [1d20=13]
    slashing:
    1d8+2 4 [1d8=2]
    psychic (Wrathful Smite):
    1d6 1 [1d6=1]
    Wisdom Save vs. Slow (Mitchum):
    1d20+3 7 [1d20=4]

    mrpaku on
  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    Urixes catches sight of the massive hit coming from Mitchum, and wills his spectral tentacle to do something about that. The tentacle swings around swiftly, getting right in between Mitchum's fist and Trey's chest. It can't stop all of the force, but it helps.

    Shortly after the tentacle fades out of existence, Urixes summons another one in its place, along with a few more bolts of force.

    OOC: I have a new thing! Guardian Grasp: When you or a creature you can see takes damage while within 10 feet of the tentacle, you can use your reaction to choose one of those creatures and reduce the damage to the chosen creature by half. After doing so, the tentacle vanishes. I'll use that ability to half the damage to Trey. Then I'll do my usual EB, EB, GotD for my turn.

    Geth, roll 1d20+8 for Eldritch Blast 1
    Geth, roll 1d10+4 for Force Damage 1
    Geth, roll 1d20+8 for Eldritch Blast 2
    Geth, roll 1d10+4 for Force Damage 2
    Geth, roll 1d20+8 for Grasp of the Deep
    Geth, roll 1d8 for Lightning Damage

    Eldritch Blast 1:
    1d20+8 18 [1d20=10]
    Force Damage 1:
    1d10+4 11 [1d10=7]
    Eldritch Blast 2:
    1d20+8 17 [1d20=9]
    Force Damage 2:
    1d10+4 8 [1d10=4]
    Grasp of the Deep:
    1d20+8 20 [1d20=12]
    Lightning Damage:
    1d8 1 [1d8=1]

    mrpaku
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    The Tentacle (which, inch-by-subtle-inch emerges from the stone at the man's feet) loops around dizzily, finally snagging onto the Governor's arm just as he goes to rip the heart from the Ape. Impossible eyes glaring down at the appendage restraining him, the Governor *HOWLS* in fury, "*URIX-ES!*"

    His cry of frustration is met by two arcane bolts from the Warlock, FORCING him, stumbling, backwards along the rocks...(-20 force damage!)

    OOC: All three strikes connected, and the Guv got pushed back 10ft. David and Trey get an Attack of Opportunity here...
    Geth roll 1d20+5 Longsword (Mitchum)

    Geth roll 1d8+2 slashing

    Longsword (Mitchum):
    1d20+5 7 [1d20=2]
    slashing:
    1d8+2 4 [1d8=2]

    mrpaku on
  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    "Jack, shoot her, stab her, anything that isn't a spell her, that lightning hurt."

    Arno runs towards Oak while angling to get within 30 of Mitchem, slinging a blast of fire along the way.

    Geth roll 1d20+1d4+1 for concentration on Trey.
    Ignore Trey stuff if I roll under 10.

    "Ook" goes Trey, as he swings, then moves up to clobber the Gov again.

    ""Trey says thank you Urixes."

    Trey: AC 13, HP 22, attack same as spell attk, hit 1d8+6.

    Geth roll 2d20k1+7 for opportunity attack w group tactics

    Geth roll 1d8+6 ape attack

    Geth roll 1d20+7 for standard attack on Mitchem

    Geth roll 18+6 for ape attack

    Geth roll 1d20+1d4+7 for produce flame vs Mitchem

    Geth roll 2d8 for flame damage

    concentration:
    1d20+1d4+1 7 [1d20=2] [1d4=4]
    opportunity attack w group tactics:
    2d20k1+7 25 [2d20k1=[18], 16]
    ape attack:
    1d8+6 7 [1d8=1]
    standard attack:
    1d20+7 23 [1d20=16]
    ape attack:
    18+6 24
    produce flame vs Mitchem:
    1d20+1d4+7 20 [1d20=11] [1d4=2]
    flame damage:
    2d8 9 [2d8=6, 3]

  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    "No, Trey! Curse my attention spa...oh good I burned old bug eyes."

    mrpaku
  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    Jack is just done brushing melting ice of him, mumbling something about unfair magicks when he's hit by the lightning, proving to be a well conductive target indeed, "Oh come on!" On the plus side, he's now steaming rather than dripping.

    Geth roll 1d20+4 Dex Save vs. Lightning

    He eyes the little witch warily, perking up at Arno's call. Oh. Direct attacks will work, will they? Well that changes things. He runs after the ranger, stopping next to the statue near her, "I kind of like the sword, but you can have my bullets!" Someone better be writing these down for posterity.

    Geth, roll 1d20+9 for Flintlock Shot at Little Witch
    Geth, roll 1d10+4 for Damage
    Geth, roll 1d20+9 for Flintlock Shot at Little Witch
    Geth, roll 1d10+4 for Damage

    ((OOC: Action surge ))

    Geth, roll 1d20+9 for Flintlock Shot at Little Witch
    Geth, roll 1d10+4 for Damage
    Geth, roll 1d20+9 for Flintlock Shot at Little Witch
    Geth, roll 1d10+4 for Damage

    ((OOC: If his final shot lands he's going to try applying Trip Attack - if target is Large or smaller, it must make a Strength save VS 15 or be knocked prone ))

    Geth, roll 1d8 for Trip Attack Damagge

    He steps behind the statue, hoping that stops further ice or lightning or whatever else she has.

    Dex Save vs. Lightning:
    1d20+4 13 [1d20=9]
    Flintlock Shot at Little Witch:
    1d20+9 22 [1d20=13]
    Damage:
    1d10+4 11 [1d10=7]
    Flintlock Shot at Little Witch:
    1d20+9 13 [1d20=4]
    Damage:
    1d10+4 10 [1d10=6]
    Flintlock Shot at Little Witch:
    1d20+9 20 [1d20=11]
    Damage:
    1d10+4 6 [1d10=2]
    Flintlock Shot at Little Witch:
    1d20+9 24 [1d20=15]
    Damage:
    1d10+4 9 [1d10=5]
    Trip Attack Damagge:
    1d8 8 [1d8=8]

  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    ((OOC: That lightning hurt ))

    Geth, roll 1d10+6 for Second Wind

    Second Wind:
    1d10+6 9 [1d10=3]

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Geth roll 1d20 Strength Save vs. Tripping (Faye)

    Strength Save vs. Tripping (Faye):
    1d20 2 [1d20=2]

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    The beasts first tentacle connects but Oak managed to dodge as the second swings. The crack of lightning catches his attention, though, and he turns back to the beast, frustrated that he isn't able to engage the witch and draw her attention away from his crew. "I'm tired of this. You need to die." He growls.

    OOC: Recklessly attacking here, so attacks against him next turn get advantage

    Geth, roll 2d20k1+10 for Attack
    Geth, roll 1d12+9 for Dmg

    Geth, roll 2d20k1+10 for Attack
    Geth, roll 1d12+9 for Dmg

    Attack:
    2d20k1+10 26 [2d20k1=[16], 10]
    Dmg:
    1d12+9 19 [1d12=10]
    Attack:
    2d20k1+10 27 [2d20k1=[17], 13]
    Dmg:
    1d12+9 13 [1d12=4]

Sign In or Register to comment.