As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[D&D 5E] Whispered Curse, Day 60- Offshore/Abbott of the Eternal

1676870727396

Posts

  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    Tweeter poofs away in a flash of light

  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    OOC: Can Bern tell roughly which enemy has the most health out of 4, 2 and 6?

    OOC: 2 looks at about half health, 6 slightly better for wear (but not much), and 4 is a untouched spring chicken

    James Gunn is the *toughest* enemy I've thrown at you all yet...

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    Bern runs out from behind cover and attempts to shove the memory loss potion he found (and hid from the madman they were briefly travelling with) down the throat of one of the soldiers (4), then turn him to face another (6) while screaming that he’s going to kill him just like he did his children.


    OOC: This might be a contested grappling check, I’m just sort of winging the idea.
    Geth roll 1d20 for Bad Idea

    Bad Idea:
    1d20 15 [1d20=15]

    Endless_Serpents on
    mrpakuzekebeauGlal
  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    The whirling blades of the soldiers hack away fur and skin, demolishing Bear*Arno. Just Arno is left, defiantly holding up a shield.

    "Guess we need to do this the old fashioned way. Well, not the first time I've had to cut my way...,"

    The normally talkative Changling trails off as Bern begins screaming about children.

    I love having Bern around.

    Geth roll 1d20+6 for dagger face #2

    Geth roll 1d4+3 for damage

    Geth roll 1d8 for Bardic inspiration to my attack

    dagger face #2:
    1d20+6 26 [1d20=20]
    damage:
    1d4+3 6 [1d4=3]
    Bardic inspiration to my attack:
    1d8 8 [1d8=8]

    mrpakuGlal
  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    Geth roll 1d4 for critical damage

    critical damage:
    1d4 2 [1d4=2]

  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited July 2021
    Arno, returned brutally to their Changeling form, has dropped their sweet and gentle persona and replaced it with a dagger. *Slashing* up at Hobbs (Soldier 2), they cut deep along the man's face, barely missing taking out his left eye!

    Running out from behind cover and uncorking the bottle while his mouth runs a mile, Bern attempts to *shove* the memory liquid between Matthews's open and gaping countenance...

    The Soldier, wide-eyed and gawking at the unexpected attempt to force him to imbibe, spits and *spins* out of the way, wiping drops of strange liquid from his chin. "*Mad* bastard! Wondered why a kindly old Bard would join up with this pack of devil' beasts...he's gone *insane!*"
    Geth Roll 1d20+3 Strength Contest "Take a Drink, Mate"

    Strength Contest "Take a Drink, Mate":
    1d20+3 22 [1d20=19]

    mrpaku on
  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    @Endless_Serpents roll again, we're in the bear totem still, you have advantage.

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Geth roll 1d20 for Bear Zone

    Bear Zone:
    1d20 17 [1d20=17]

  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited July 2021
    OOC: Ignore me!

    mrpaku on
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    “Aw well, it was worth a go.”

    Bern sighs and kicks up a bit of dust.

    Then Bern quickly disengages with the enemy because he remembers as a rogue he can do that.


    OOC: If it didn’t cost all my movement to get there, I’ll move 5 feet to the west.

    Endless_Serpents on
    mrpaku
  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    "Hmm," Urixes grunts, impressed at Gunn's fortitude. But there's no time to deal with that right now. Arno needs help.

    OOC: Same as last round, EBs against soldier 2, Hex helping Jack maintain Advantage, and a slap against soldier 5.

    Geth, roll 1d20+8 for Eldritch Blast 1 vs S2
    Geth, roll 1d10+4 for Force Damage 1
    Geth, roll 1d20+8 for Eldritch Blast 2 vs S2
    Geth, roll 1d10+4 for Force Damage 2
    Geth, roll 1d20+8 for Grasp of the Deep vs S5
    Geth, roll 1d8 for Lightning Damage

    Eldritch Blast 1 vs S2:
    1d20+8 15 [1d20=7]
    Force Damage 1:
    1d10+4 8 [1d10=4]
    Eldritch Blast 2 vs S2:
    1d20+8 15 [1d20=7]
    Force Damage 2:
    1d10+4 10 [1d10=6]
    Grasp of the Deep vs S5:
    1d20+8 23 [1d20=15]
    Lightning Damage:
    1d8 8 [1d8=8]

  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    Jack gives an offended huff, "Excuse me, I AM IMPRESSIVE AND CLEVER!" He looks genuinely annoyed and assaults #3 once more, slashing wildly at him, "Could a dumb person do this!" Only smart people know where the pointy end goes.

    Geth, roll 2d20k1+7 for Saber Strike at #3
    Geth, roll 1d8+5 for Saber Damage

    Geth, roll 2d20k1+7 for Saber Strike at #3
    Geth, roll 1d8+5 for Saber Damages

    Saber Strike at #3:
    2d20k1+7 27 [2d20k1=[20], 10]
    Saber Damage:
    1d8+5 13 [1d8=8]
    Saber Strike at #3:
    2d20k1+7 26 [2d20k1=[19], 17]
    Saber Damages:
    1d8+5 10 [1d8=5]

    Glal on
    Endless_SerpentsAustinP0027
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Oak breathes heavily after fighting against Gunn, his strength overpowering the Lieutenant and throwing him down below. The Shifter didn't expect that would be the end of it, so as Gunn pulls himself out of the water, Oak is already on his way down to meet him, axe ready.

    He doesn't bother with a retort to the cut up man, he just roars and swings his axe.

    Geth, roll 1d20+8 for Axe Attack
    Geth, roll 1d12+7 for Axe Dmg

    Geth, roll 1d20+8 for Axe Attack 2
    Geth, roll 1d12+7 for Axe Dmg 2

    Axe Attack:
    1d20+8 12 [1d20=4]
    Axe Dmg:
    1d12+7 17 [1d12=10]
    Axe Attack 2:
    1d20+8 19 [1d20=11]
    Axe Dmg 2:
    1d12+7 10 [1d12=3]

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    OOC:Let's go ahead and use that Bardic inspiration to try and hit with the first one.

    Edit: So that first attack is an 18.

    Geth, roll 1d6 for Try a little more

    Try a little more:
    1d6 6 [1d6=6]

    AustinP0027 on
    mrpaku
  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited July 2021
    Urixes *blasts* one of the soldiers assaulting Arno to the ground! The man's sword scatters away as he hits the stone face down: he does not get back up again!

    With his other hand, the Warlock *commands* the Eldritch tentacle which chokes Styles. The Soldier is blue in the face, *gasping* for air...he doesn't look long for this world!

    Jack *decimates* Wolfe, carving the man to ribbons! As the Soldier falls into Jack's arms defeated, his sword *laps* up the man's life force on the way down, the soldier's eyes looking on *horrified* as the life leaves him...Blood Charge for the Blood Sword!

    Oak is already bounding down the stairs towards the Bloody Lieutenant. The Barbarian catches him coming out of the pool, his Great-Axe *smashing* into the man's already rended armor, hitting him once, *twice*...

    Gunn doesn't even have time to blink before the Shifter is *on* him. The man stumbles away dumbly under the rain of blows, unable to match Oak's sheer animosity. From the ground, he assesses the quickly falling troops around him. He *howls* as he brings himself to his feet, "*KEEP STEADY!* OUR MISSION IS BLESSED BY A *GOD*! THE SWORD WILL BE OURS!" He punctuates the last line with a wicked *swing* at Oak's neck on the way up...
    Geth roll 1d20+7 Longsword (vs Oak)
    Geth roll 1d10+3 slashing
    ...

    The Far Aeston Soldiers take heart, and *rally* at their commander's words!
    Geth roll 1d20+5 (vs Balog)
    Geth roll 1d7+3 slashing (Styles)
    Geth roll 1d20+5 (vs Balog)
    Geth roll 1d7+3 slashing (Styles)
    Geth roll 1d20+5 (vs Bern)
    Geth roll 1d7+3 slashing (Matthews)
    Geth roll 1d20+5 (vs Bern)
    Geth roll 1d7+3 slashing (Matthews)
    Geth roll 1d4 leadership (vs Bern)
    Geth roll 1d20+5 (vs Arno)
    Geth roll 1d7+3 slashing (Kennedy)
    Geth roll 1d20+5 (vs Arno)
    Geth roll 1d7+3 slashing(Kennedy
    ...

    OAK

    James Gunn, bloody, beaten, and barely hanging on, follows up his longsword slash against you by *ripping* something from his belt, and *chucking* it to the ground. Immediately, a cloud of smoke begins to *billow* from the item, and the area becomes covered in a thick layer of obscuring fog...

    Oak, Gunn is attempting to pull some Returning-Boss-Bullshit by disappearing into the smoke! Please make a Perception check to keep from losing him in the cloud (DC-12); on a success, make an Attack of Opportunity!

    CURRENT MAP-
    68sdudji4gzj.jpg

    Longsword (vs Oak):
    1d20+7 24 [1d20=17]
    slashing:
    1d10+3 9 [1d10=6]
    (vs Balog):
    1d20+5 6 [1d20=1]
    slashing (Styles):
    1d7+3 5 [1d7=2]
    (vs Balog):
    1d20+5 11 [1d20=6]
    slashing (Styles):
    1d7+3 5 [1d7=2]
    (vs Bern):
    1d20+5 10 [1d20=5]
    slashing (Matthews):
    1d7+3 8 [1d7=5]
    (vs Bern):
    1d20+5 9 [1d20=4]
    slashing (Matthews):
    1d7+3 4 [1d7=1]
    leadership (vs Bern):
    1d4 3 [1d4=3]
    (vs Arno):
    1d20+5 7 [1d20=2]
    slashing (Kennedy):
    1d7+3 10 [1d7=7]
    (vs Arno):
    1d20+5 8 [1d20=3]
    slashing(Kennedy:
    1d7+3 6 [1d7=3]

    mrpaku on
  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    OOC:
    Ahahaha, dear lord those are bad rolls, nearly all the way down!

    Just me and the Far Aeston boys...out here with our *wiffle bats*...smh

    GlalAustinP0027
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    Oak tries to lean back from the sword swing, but doesn't pull back fast enough as a thin red line appears on his skin. Oak roars, and Gunn throws something from his belt, a cloud of smoke quickly escaping. The Barbarian roars again, and tries to bring his axe down on Gunn, but he finds only the clang of metal on stone.

    Geth, roll 1d20+3 for Perception

    Perception:
    1d20+3 4 [1d20=1]

    AustinP0027 on
  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    Jack nods at the collapsing soldier, "That'll teach you to spread rumours..." At the sound of Gunn's smoke bomb going off he looks over and watches as it expands into a thick cloud.

    "You okay in there, Oak? Give me an angry roar if you're okay... ah, he's okay." He jogs around the pillar to pin sniper #5 between himself and the dwarf, giving him a wary look... more insults? Instead, he strikes before the other has a chance to get a word in.

    Geth, roll 2d20k1+7 for Saber Strike at #5
    Geth, roll 1d8+5 for Saber Damage

    Geth, roll 2d20k1+7 for Saber Strike at #5
    Geth, roll 1d8+5 for Saber Damages

    "You know, you attacked us, you could just put your weapons down and surrender...?" Hopeful voice.

    Saber Strike at #5:
    2d20k1+7 18 [2d20k1=[11], 2]
    Saber Damage:
    1d8+5 9 [1d8=4]
    Saber Strike at #5:
    2d20k1+7 23 [2d20k1=[16], 12]
    Saber Damages:
    1d8+5 6 [1d8=1]

  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    There will be no surrending for Styles...the blade sinks in *deep*, and the man looks over at Jack, mouthing words without any breath as his body slowly totters to the ground...

    "Aha! Another one down!", hoots Balog, pumping his sword in celebration!

    JACK'S RED SKULL SABER
    "*sluUUURP!* Ahhh, well...can't say you didn't try, right? It makes you feel any better, they died feeling *righteous*... someone's been spinning tales out of school about you to em' for *awhile* now. Course, no wonder they think you're all *devils*, what with the company you keep, eh?..."
    ych86wcclxlv.jpg

  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    "A God? We are under the auspicious preview of at least 4 Gods. You would come to us with such meager power!"

    Having so many arrows and sword swipes miss may have given Arno a complex.

    Arno casts gust, blowing the smoke away and keeps a sharp eye out for Gunn

    Geth roll 1d20+7 for perception

    perception:
    1d20+7 24 [1d20=17]

    mrpaku
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Bern shifts his stance, taking the flat of his opponent’s blade to his sizeable waist.

    “Oof! Knock it off! You’ve lost half you’re men and we’re all still standing. Admit it, you’ve lost!”, he roars, spit flecking his beard, “You’d be better off retreating, you’ll bring nay glory to your god whence you’re dead.”

    The leverage here is: They might be too zealous to give up, but may still be smart enough to run for now.

    “But mark my words here in this holy place… should ye continue I will curse yer immortal soul beyond your death with sorcery so foul as to turn the gaze of the Seven Heavens and sink all this to the chain’d deep where the writhing horrors from before this age and the last can reach… and you alone will be kept prisoner betwixt their terrible jaws until the sun rots black and that which you worship is nought but brine coated bone!”

    Then the old sea dog disengages once more, and carefully walks backwards 20 feet while murmuring something in Elvish and making generally wizardly looking hand gestures.

    dse4q0r7ogu0.png



    Geth roll 1d20+6 for Intimidation

    Intimidation:
    1d20+6 20 [1d20=14]

    mrpaku
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    OOC: Gunn is basically gone right?

    Do I need to roll anything to figure out how to get out of the cloud or if I get lost?

  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    Gunn is well on his way to sneaking out down to the South...when Arno's Gust of Wind suddenly blows through the room, clearing the smoke! The Lieutenant, his cover now exposed, *bursts* into a full sprint across the room!

    The Bard and the Changeling's words *finally* seem to do the trick and get through to Matthews and Kennedy (the pile of bodies that have become of their friends may have helped; as well as the sight of their commander*fleeing* the melee). Yelping for their eternal souls as Bern threatens them onto eternity, Matthews gives one more cry of, "*Forgive us, Lady Selune!*", before both men turn tail, and beat a hasty retreat in the wake of their leader...

    OOC: Arno may make an Attack of Opportunity against the fleeing Kennedy or Matthews (*if* they so choose!) Jack, Arno, and Bern have used their actions this turn. However, if Urixes, Oak, or Balog has a chance to get one more ranged shot off at this guy before he *dashes* away, they may attempt to do so now!
    7asryuzlzcsl.jpg

    At the conclusion of this battle, please advance your character to Level 6 and send me a new link/doc!

    AustinP0027Glal
  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    Balog takes a quick knee and goes to withdraw his Crossbow, aiming the heavy weapon at the fleeing Gunn's back. "Just you say the word, son, and I'll *put him down* fer ya'...." the dwarf mutters to Jack conspiratorially, closing one eye and placing his finger upon the trigger...

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    The smoke clears, and Oak sees the fleeing Gunn running away. He should probably be the bigger man and let the defeated lieutenant go. Today, however, he wasn't. He lifts up his harpoon and throws it at the man's back.

    Geth, roll 1d20+8 for Harpooning
    Geth, roll 1d7+1 for Dmg

    Harpooning:
    1d20+8 17 [1d20=9]
    Dmg:
    1d7+1 3 [1d7=2]

    mrpaku
  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    Arno allows the soldiers to run, knowing they've been manipulated.

    "Remember, Gunn left you to die, we let you retreat. Think which side Selune would support!"

    who is Selune anyway?

    Geth roll 1d20-1 for religion

    OOC I think throwing weapons use STR for damage.

    religion:
    1d20-1 17 [1d20=18]

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    OOC: Yeah, I need clarity on the harpoon. I copied down the stat block back from when Jack gave it to Oak, and it was 1d7+1 for dmg. If it's STR, then add 3 to that roll as my dmg bonus would be a +4 total with Strength.

    mrpaku
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    “Well that was a terrible shame for them.”, says Bern as he strokes his beard, “Look at ‘em go, bless.”

    Bern is just an old man again.

    “Selune? Is that the one who tried to shag a giant porcupine? No no, perhaps the one who turned into a swan to seduce a waterfall? Gods are a weird lot.”

    Geth roll 1d20+6 for Religion

    Religion:
    1d20+6 17 [1d20=11]

  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited July 2021
    ARNO and BERN

    Arno recalls the night they spent watching Zephyr and the other pirates "achieve higher consciousness", and the words that were spoken:
    “The Lady of Silver came because Sess’innek had driven the Love from this land. She *wept*, as the Expanse transformed into a place to trap explorers; to blind seekers; to break dreamers. The Silver Lady remains here still, when called upon, or sometimes simply to watch on in sadness. Her doorway sits in a Lighthouse, and follows the phases of the Moon. She remains to provide what little solace and comfort she can to weary travelers, and to assist those of a righteous cause. She also remains in defiance of another…”

    Bern knows as well as Arno does (perhaps, he was *there* that night as Zephyr and the others "went beyond?") Selune, The Moonmaiden. Chaotic Good. Goddess of the Moon; the Stars; Navigation; Wanderers; Seekers; Non-Evil Lycanthropes. Her light shines down from the Moon above with love and compassion: the thought puts to one’s mind a North Star in an uncertain Sea

    Either Selune the Moon maiden is against you all...or someone has been lying to these men, and knows *much* of what is going on here...
    Gunn, full-sprint away from the Barbarian, *catches* the javelin between his shoulder blades! The Lieutenant goes down, one final *grunt* leaving his massive frame as the bloody soldier finally rolls to the stone floor, and goes limp

    OOC: Matthews and Kennedy will be *leaping* over their commander's body, and high tailing it down the tunnel you came in!

    Arno is indeed correct on Thrown Weapons:
    You can throw any weapon to make a "ranged weapon attack" which uses your Dexterity modifier (PHB p. 194)1 , unless it is a weapon with the "thrown" property - this type of weapon uses your Strength, unless it also has the finesse property - then you choose to use either your strength or Dexterity (PHB p. 147).

    A few things to do in this room, once the dust settles:

    -An Edgar Brother, one of Mitchum's private guard, has been locked and bound in a cage at the back of the room. He's making as much noise as possible back there right now...

    -Four Dead Soldiers, Two Blasted Bots, and a twitching to stillness Lieutenant Gunn. Do you search their bodies?

    - Matthews and Kennedy are gone, but not off the board: do you follow them for a moment, and take stock of the threat they still pose?

    -Erik and Olaf are in the tunnel to the East, probably cowering: someone should check on them, and let them know it's safe

    -Perhaps the Captain would like to know who you've found in the tunnels, and what transpired here? What's *going on* aboard the Whispered Curse right now?

    mrpaku on
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Oak slowly walks towards the downed Gunn. He could have summoned the harpoon back to his hand via it's magic, but there was something necessary about pulling it from the back of the Lieutenant himself. His hand wraps around it and pulls it loose, giving Gunn a kick to make sure he was down. Oak pauses for a moment, and flips Gunn over to stare at his face. This was an enemy, twisted by who knows what, but Oak would at least take responsibility of looking the man he killed directly in the face.

    After a moment of silence, Oak nods with finality. It was done. Now, there was the task of figuring out why the hell they had been attacked, and it was likely that Gunn knew the most about it. Oak goes to searching the lieutenant for clues.

  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    Jack beams to the dwarf, "Ooh, ooh, do it!" Just then the man catches Oak's javelin in his back and his face droops, "Oh come on Oak, let everyone have some fun..."

    He nods to Balog and offers him a helping hand up, "Good battle, always good to have competent help!" He hears the rattlin' on the other side of the room and walks over, "Oh, hello. Need some help?"

  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    "I can speak Edgar, I'll let him out"

  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    Oak searches Gunn's person and finds the following items:

    -Oak's Returning Harpoon- makes a wet, uncomfortable *popping* noise as you retrieve it from the man's back

    -Longsword- standard make and model; *absolutely* nothing special about it, unless put in the right set of hands. Worth 15gp as a sale item

    -Mangled Plate Armor- Bears the symbol of Far Aeston. Cut, crushed, or ruined in about a dozen different key places. Worthless, unfortunately!

    -Gunn's Musket- Now *here* is an item worth consideration! Seems to be in *excellent* working condition, although Oak would need to bring it to an expert to learn more...

    -Powder and Shot x5- Enough materials to fire the musket five more times

    - Lifetime Service Pendant- Medal for Service above the call of duty. Gem-encrusted. Probably worth a pretty penny, but could also be used to prove your Anti-Authority credentials

    - Mysterious Key- Radiates strange energy. In the shape of a snake eating his own tail.
    ...

    Jared Edgar looks *ecstatic* that it's Arno and Jack who have come back to retrieve him. The man babbles as best he can through the gag and the bars, trying to draw your attention to the fallen troops behind the two, back in Oak's direction...

    Whoever gets here first mat choose to take the key Oak found and let Jared Edgar out, if they so wish

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Oak grabs the key and holds it up, speaking loudly while his back still faces the rest of the group.. "Had a key on 'im. Anyone see something that needs it?"

    As he waits, he eyes Gunn's belongings. He would likely take the sword to sell, and maybe one of the others would like the musket or knows someone who does. The pendant he would keep, something he might need to hang on to for the future.


    OOC:Oak will pass off the key to whoever comes to grab it and let Jared out. He's not leaving Gunn's body just yet.

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Bern wanders on ahead immediately to see if the other dwarves have managed to stay alive while he wasn’t looking.

    “Back in a bit lads, won’t tread too far.”

  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    Arno skids to a stop.

    "Keys, right! I got it. Oh, and don't worry Oak, I'll make sure to check him out for snakes."

    Arno takes the keys and opens up the cage, pulling out the gag from poor Jared."

    "Hoe'd 'd git nacked ter dis?"
    How did you get into this mess?

    mrpaku
  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited July 2021
    Jared Edgar *falls* from the cage door he leans on as he is let out by Arno. The man runs up to the Changeling, *babbling*, grabbing them by the hands tenderly, and speaking as fast as they can...

    gs0mu2yz9d4p.png

    As always, please roll Perception if you wish to decipher the language of the Edgar Clan (DC-10, now that everyone's been exposed a handful of times...)



    EDGAR-TALK
    "Oh! Thank the *gods* you got my messages! Your group end up alright... everyone here okay? Glad you all got here in one piece!"

    "Can't blame these men...they been getting *brainwashed and ballyhooed* for the last month straight! She's been getting them drunk every night, on lies and dark magic...*warping* their minds, an making em' go to sleep when they became to much trouble to handle..."

    "It's that girl, the one with Mitchum...she's a Demon! She clouds men's minds, *steals* their purpose and dogs their senses..."

    "Please!" He beseeches Arno. "You have to help me find my brothers! You have to help me free them from that foul *Witch* who has taken them! If anyone has the power to fight her, it's*you* lot...she won't say it, but she fears the Wild Bunch!"

    NON-SPEAKERS

    Gibberish...*rapid* gibberish. Well, the Far Aeston soldier *seems* to like Arno, at least ...*seems* to like all of you. It also feels like he's trying to convince your friend of something dangerous, something that he *needs* you all to do...
    ...

    Erik and Olaf are down the side tunnel with Gerdie, staring up at the celing. As Bern approaches, he sees that several places above along the tunnel have *caved in*, letting the light shine down into the dark from high above.

    "Everything alright?" Olaf asks meekly as the Bard approaches. "We heard the fighting...sorry we couldn't help...is everyone okay?"

    Erik takes Bern aside, whispers to them: "They been through here, the ones you just fought...headed to the Control Room to check on things. We found their footprints, see! Way *I* understand it, up here," Erik gestures North, up the slope of the tunnel. " We go that way, we should get back to the ship, *no sweat*! Then," the dwarf says shakily, getting to his point, "...*then* me and Olaf can just take a breather and relax for a moment, yeah?"

    Bern, do you assure the dwarves that a break is imminent? Or to keep their *shit* together, because you may still need them?

    mrpaku on
  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    Geth roll 1d20+7 for understanding Edgar

    understanding Edgar:
    1d20+7 20 [1d20=13]

    AustinP0027Endless_Serpents
  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    Having forgotten about Edgar's... condition, Jack just stares at the jabbering man. "...what?" To his surprise Arno replies in more jabber and Jack just sort of backs away, slowly.

    "I'm gonna go look... over... there, eh?" Right. He returns to Oak, looking back over his shoulder, "Hey, big man, Edgar speaks a language, right? It's not some condition that Arno contracted off 'em? ...ooooooh, gimme gimmme!" He makes grabby hands at the musket. Shiny!

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Bern continues a further 60 feet away from everyone in search of the dwarves.

Sign In or Register to comment.