As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[D&D 5E] Whispered Curse, Day 60- Offshore/Abbott of the Eternal

1747577798095

Posts

  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited August 2021
    With a sad, final “…ook…”, the Great Ape Trey vanishes into the ether in a wisp of smoke…

    Courageously wading directly into the fight now, the Changeling generates a sprout of flame from their wrist, briefly engulfing the Governor. MITCHUM *ROARS*! The fires set his clothing alight, and the jacket and collared shirt quickly begin to burn away…

    There’s something you notice about Mitchum’s body as the man’s clothing begins to slough off him. Arno, please make an Intelligence Save to see what it was

    Governor Mitchum, whatever he may now be, looks like he’s struggling to stay on his feet


    Jack unloads the sidearm into the foul Little Witch, his hands a *blur* as he empties the pistol into the evil entity!

    The shifter notices something strange about the “little girl”: the bullets hit her, but they don’t seem to…work? exactly right. Jack knows from experience that some of those shots would’ve injured a Giant, yet the hissing, sinister little creature in front of you seems to be merely “slightly battered” from the certainly-fatal lead barrage (-17 piercing, resistance)

    A subconscious instinct kicks in, and on his final shot Jack changes tactics, aiming for her leg. With a surprised *SHRIEK*, the Witch topples to the stones below as her knee gives out, landing squarely on her ass with a pronounced *THWUMP*.

    “…Wolf bastard…what *is it* with you and limbs…” The heap mutters angrily as she tries to fish herself out from her flowerly skirt

    The Little Witch Faye has been knocked PRONE!

    The Displacer Beast seems to keep pulling itself just out of the Barbarian’s line of sight…another bullshit magic mind trick. Oak’s had enough arcane intrusions into his mind lately; he isn’t fooled. With his eyes closed, the shifter can smell the creature’s breath. Channeling his flowing rage and animal nature, Oak *HACKS* at the monstrosity, gouging deep wounds into the creature’s sides!

    Pretty Kitty is panting...moving slower now…bleeding profusely, from a handful of nearly-fatal injuries

    mrpaku on
  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    zgjae4kmufpc.jpg


    FAYE’S CREW
    One minute the Little Witch is there, struggling to extract herself from her skirt. And the next…

    Little-Witch Faye has cast “Blink”!

    Geth roll 1d20 “Blink”

    Peeking out from behind cover, Private Mullroy attempts to lay down covering fire for his Masters. Seeing the exposed Jared rushing in, Mullroy aims, and *FIRES*, before falling back once more…
    Geth roll 1d20+3 H.Crossbow (Jared)

    Geth roll 1d10+1 piercing

    Geth roll 1d20+1 Stealth Check (Mullroy)

    The Collar around Pretty Kitty’s neck drips blood and ichor. Half its limbs are broken, and one of its eyes seems to have gone permanently out. The creature doesn’t stop; it doesn’t seem to have a choice. A wounded abomination selling her life for her master, the foul cat bites at Oak’s ankles, as tentacles *WHIP*…
    Geth roll 1d20+6 Tentacle (Oak)

    Geth roll 1d6+4 bludgeoning

    Geth roll 1d6 piercing

    Geth roll 1d20+6 Tentacle (Oak)

    Geth roll 1d6+4 bludgeoning

    Geth roll 1d6 piercing

    As Oak battles the Displacer, he doesn’t notice that Private Murtogg has snuck around the sides of the statue towards him. Before the Shifter has a chance to notice him, the Private wheels around the statue, longsword swinging…
    Geth roll 2d20+5 Longsword (Oak w Adv)

    Geth roll 1d8+3 slashing

    Geth roll 2d20+5 Longsword (Oak w Adv)

    Geth roll 1d8+3 slashing

    The Governor’s clothes flake off all around him, a strange, too-muscular chest suddenly exposed. He turns those awful eyes towards Urixes first, chortling evilly, but slowly, as though drunk “When I get den ripping apart the hillbilly here, gonna kill that little Blankie next, *right in front of you*…just like *old times*, me boyo’…

    Mitchum makes for the Paladin, fists out and *SWINGING*…
    Geth roll 1d20+14 for Velvet Fist/Iron Glove

    Geth roll 6d6+9 bludgeoning

    Geth roll 1d20+3 Wisdom Save vs. Slow (Mitchum)

    Blink:
    1d20 3 [1d20=3]
    Wisdom Save vs. Slow (Mitchum):
    1d20+3 21 [1d20=18]
    H.Crossbow (Jared):
    1d20+3 22 [1d20=19]
    piercing:
    1d10+1 4 [1d10=3]
    Stealth Check (Mullroy):
    1d20+1 10 [1d20=9]
    Tentacle (Oak):
    1d20+6 11 [1d20=5]
    bludgeoning:
    1d6+4 8 [1d6=4]
    piercing:
    1d6 5 [1d6=5]
    Tentacle (Oak):
    1d20+6 23 [1d20=17]
    bludgeoning:
    1d6+4 5 [1d6=1]
    piercing:
    1d6 6 [1d6=6]
    Longsword (Oak w Adv):
    2d20+5 42 [2d20=17, 20]
    slashing:
    1d8+3 5 [1d8=2]
    Longsword (Oak w Adv):
    2d20+5 31 [2d20=12, 14]
    slashing:
    1d8+3 6 [1d8=3]
    Velvet Fist/Iron Glove:
    1d20+14 25 [1d20=11]
    bludgeoning:
    6d6+9 27 [6d6=1, 5, 4, 3, 2, 3]

  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    OOC: Whoops forgot that Reckless Advantage. Adding for the Tentacle that missed!
    Geth roll 1d20+6 Pretty Kitty Tentacle (Oak- Adv)

    Geth roll 1d6+4 bludgeoning

    Geth roll 1d6 piercing

    Pretty Kitty Tentacle (Oak- Adv):
    1d20+6 19 [1d20=13]
    bludgeoning:
    1d6+4 10 [1d6=6]
    piercing:
    1d6 6 [1d6=6]

  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited August 2021
    …nothing happens. The Little Witch pulls herself to her feet, looking rather sheepish. “….huh. Well, then!” she says to Jack with a sickening, cloying smile, slowly inching her way along the railing away from him…


    EDGAR BOYS

    Ranger Jared Edgar has been knocked unconscious!

    Geth roll 1d20 Death Save (Jared)

    Paladin David *SHREIKS* in anguish as he sees his brother go down. Tears flooding his face, the man now *BATS* at Mitchum with a raw, emotional ferocity…
    Geth roll 1d20+5 Longsword (Mitchum)

    Geth roll 1d8+2 slashing

    Geth roll 1d20+5 Longsword

    Geth roll 1d8+2 slashing

    Sorcerer Aaron is either too focused or too distracted to see what happens to his brother. Emboldened by watching the Changeling step out into the fray, Aaron follows suit, timidly advancing forward. Seeing the situation with Oak, the man grins with purpose, and begins to conjure a familiar smelling spell…

    Sorcerer Aaron casting his “Fireball” at the spot just behind Oak’s statue, to hit Pretty Kitty and Private Murtogg!
    Geth roll 8d8 fire

    Geth roll 1d20+2 Dex Save (Pretty Kitty)

    Geth roll 1d20+1 Dex Save (Murtogg)

    Aloro peeks out from the spot behind her statue, witnessing the sudden team-up on Oak. The Eladrin whispers a spell, and a series of magical darts *BLAST* out from her palm! Before the shots even connect on Private Murtogg, the Eladrin has gone to disappear back behind the statue once more…

    Oak, you’re a bit busy at the moment, but you may have noticed something just now…please make a Wisdom Saving Throw to see what
    Geth roll 1d4+1 force (Murtogg)

    Geth roll 1d4+1 force (Murtogg)

    Geth roll 1d4+1 force (Murtogg)

    Geth roll 1d20+2 Stealth Check (Aloro)

    Death Save (Jared):
    1d20 20 [1d20=20]
    Longsword (Mitchum):
    1d20+5 23 [1d20=18]
    slashing:
    1d8+2 9 [1d8=7]
    Longsword:
    1d20+5 8 [1d20=3]
    slashing:
    1d8+2 6 [1d8=4]
    fire:
    8d8 38 [8d8=4, 4, 7, 4, 8, 5, 3, 3]
    Dex Save (Pretty Kitty):
    1d20+2 7 [1d20=5]
    Dex Save (Murtogg):
    1d20+1 13 [1d20=12]
    force (Murtogg):
    1d4+1 3 [1d4=2]
    force (Murtogg):
    1d4+1 3 [1d4=2]
    force (Murtogg):
    1d4+1 4 [1d4=3]
    Stealth Check (Aloro):
    1d20+2 22 [1d20=20]

    mrpaku on
    Glal
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Geth, roll 1d20 for Wisdom

    Wisdom:
    1d20 14 [1d20=14]

  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited August 2021
    Miraculously hanging on, Jared Edgar pulls himself to his feet at 1 HP!


    Nearby, Governor Mitchum hangs onto “life” by a mere thread!


    Pretty Kitty has been slain in the Fireball blast!


    Private Murtogg is FORCED back by Aloro’s Magic Missile attack! Oak, make an Attack of opportunity here!

    Turn to the Wild Bunch!

    idcttx02akdb.jpg

    mrpaku on
  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    OAK
    ...Aloro's been hesitating, holding back. Just now before she cast the "Magic Missile" on Murtogg, she seemed to be preparing another spell entirely...one she switched out at the last possible moment. Has she finally decided her loyalties? Or do you still have good reason to be nervous she's at your back...

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Oak slashes the beast deep, but takes a beating in return as another soldier creeps up on him. Blood is running freely from cuts now, but the Shifter ignores it. Thankfully, help arrives in the form of magic, he didn't see who sent it but he would be sure to thank them later as the beast crumples and the soldier is driven back. Oak manages one swing as the force of magic drives Murtogg away from him.

    "Sneaking up in me, ay? Not a smart choice lad." He grumbles at Murtogg as he turns away from the corpse of the cat and charges the soldier, his axe swing out quickly. The longer this battle drew on, the less his allies would be safe and he needed to provide the help that he was just given.

    Geth, roll 1d20+10 for Opp Attack
    Geth, roll 1d12+9 for Dmg

    Geth, roll 1d20+10 for Attack
    Geth, roll 1d12+9 for Dmg

    Geth, roll 1d20+10 for Attack
    Geth, roll 1d12+9 for Dmg

    Opp Attack:
    1d20+10 25 [1d20=15]
    Dmg:
    1d12+9 15 [1d12=6]
    Attack:
    1d20+10 14 [1d20=4]
    Dmg:
    1d12+9 13 [1d12=4]
    Attack:
    1d20+10 19 [1d20=9]
    Dmg:
    1d12+9 10 [1d12=1]

  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited August 2021
    Private Murtogg has been *slain* by the *raging* Oak!

    mrpaku on
    AustinP0027
  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    ((OOC: What kind of an action would it be to hand Jared a potion? ))

  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    OOC: You and Jared are about five feet away from each other: let's call it a bonus action on Jack's turn to toss it to him, and a bonus action on his turn for him to chug it!

    Glal
  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    Arno throws out another bit of flame, then charges towards the witch.

    Geth roll 1d20+2+1d4 for intelligence save

    Geth roll 1d20+1d4+7 to produce flame at Mitchem

    Geth roll 2d8 for fire

    intelligence save:
    1d20+2+1d4 6 [1d20=2] [1d4=2]
    to produce flame at Mitchem:
    1d20+1d4+7 29 [1d20=18] [1d4=4]
    fire:
    2d8 14 [2d8=8, 6]

    mrpaku
  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited August 2021
    Arno *BLASTS* out one more spout of fire at the Governor. He goes up like a dry bunch of kindling, blazing brightly in the Midnight Sky!

    cvvmim2ein0m.png

    The charred remnants of what was once the pirate Mitchum topple over sideways into the water, the life which remained steaming out of him now. The unholy light which sat in his eyes has faded and extinguished, and he blinks, as though seeing for the first in a long time. Finally, he laughs: an ironic, mocking laugh, but a laugh that is his own. “Heh..hehheheh…*hack-hack-*COUGH*….c-c-can’t believe I got l-l-let out, by s-s-some dirty lit….some dirty little…” The defiant eyes go still and the life leaves them. The Governor of Far Aeston and 3rd Mate of the Sanguine Seeker is no more

    Governor Mitchum has been *slain* by the flame-spraying Arno!

    The killing blow comes just as Midnight falls. There is a bare, slightly perceptible rumble in the stonework beneath your feet. *SOMETHING* is happening…



    JACK
    ….The Giant Worms
    The rain stops, like someone had suddenly turned off a faucet overhead. The clouds dissipate in an instant, as though they’d never been there in the first place. In the distance you can hear the Wyverns; they’re returning. And the Whispered Curse is finally nearly to the top of the waterlock, already turning the bow of the Ship towards the Channel and readying the Sails to head this way...

    xr1idz5a251x.png

    The Little Witch looks on with a cold bemusement, but even so her eyes can’t help but betray a sort of curiosity. They dart from Jack, to Arno, to the slumped body of Mitchum…she licks her lips and smirks, pressing herself further against the railing. And she mumbles something to herself as she draws back…

    Jack and Arno, roll Perception DC-12 to see if you heard what she whispered to herself under her breath…
    ”…huh. Wondered what would happen when one of them finally died. But…is that it?...”
    Geth roll 1d6 Whispered Curse

    Whispered Curse:
    1d6 2 [1d6=2]

    mrpaku on
    AustinP0027
  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    Geth roll 1d20+4 for Perception

    Perception:
    1d20+4 18 [1d20=14]

  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    Jack looks around unsure as the world grinds to a halt, eyes darting between the little witch and the rest of the crew, before turning down at the now-less-sturdy-feeling floor as it rumbles, "Um... I think one of those big worms took notice of us, guys."

  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    Geth roll 1d20+7 for perception
    Geth roll 1d20+7 for exhausted

    perception:
    1d20+7 10 [1d20=3]
    exhausted:
    1d20+7 15 [1d20=8]

  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    "Alright witch, it's all over now. You're out manned and outgunned. This is a final chance to surrender, because nothing is stopping us from ending it right here."

  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    8ghr3r0zz0wg.png

    The Little Witch turns towards Arno, a mocking grin on her face. “You really believe that Arno? Although I suppose, I *could* see your perspective…haven’t had the best run of luck on the way out here after all, ever since I stepped on board that Accursed Ship…” She looks like she means it; the Little Witch has been kicking herself for her failures of late.

    The Child-Thing angrily rattles them off, one-by-one. “*Didn’t* manage to install Conrad as Captain…*didn’t* assassinate Arabella…*wasn’t* able to stop or cripple your Ship here. It’s been…disappointing, to say the least.” Then, she looks up wickedly at the Wild Bunch. “Hasn’t been all bad, though. Without you all… Reynard may never have been pulled off that beach! Fair William might’ve still been out there as a factor. Hell,” she laughs. “Even the key to the Front Door you think you have is useless to you so long as Rax wears the White-Claw…and do you think he’ll turn it over to you? Ever? Ahahahahaha!”

    The Little Witch wipes away tears of mirth, trying to catch her breath. “…ah…ahhh, but you *have* all been entertaining though…so how about instead, I give you one final chance!” She looks back at Arno once more, then nods over towards Jack. “…Give me the sword and I let you all walk away. Call it, a keepsake: if I can’t have Fair William’s head, I’ll take the blade which slayed him. Arno, you say I’m outmanned and outgunned…but I can still see the hairs on your head sizzling. You can barely stand on your feet, dear sweetheart, and my babies are on their way as we speak.” She’s not wrong there: the sound of wings is drawing closer and closer…

    The Little Witch extends her hand, and smiles sweetly at Jack, her mood suddenly sweet-as-syrup. "Do the right thing, here, Mister Jack!"

    OOC: Technically we’re still in combat, despite the monologue! Turn still to Jack ( @Glal ) and Urixes ( @Denada ), followed by Aloro, and then Faye and Private Mullroy! You all hear the sound of beating wings: the Wyverns from the Curse will arrive within three rounds!

    0q1w2l81c3gt.jpg

  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    Urixes is content to stay put, and trusts Jack to continue dealing with the witch for now. She's less powerful without puppets to control, so he turns his sights on Mullroy. The summoned tentacle slithers forward, but can't quite reach yet. His Eldritch Blasts have no such limitations, however.

    OOC: The tentacle can move 30 feet and has a reach of 10 feet, but I don't think that's enough to reach Mullroy yet. If I'm wrong I'll go ahead and attack with that too. Otherwise just a couple of good ol' EBs for Mr. Mullroy.

    Geth, roll 1d20+8 for Eldritch Blast 1
    Geth, roll 1d10+4 for Force Damage 1
    Geth, roll 1d20+8 for Eldritch Blast 2
    Geth, roll 1d10+4 for Force Damage 2

    Eldritch Blast 1:
    1d20+8 26 [1d20=18]
    Force Damage 1:
    1d10+4 5 [1d10=1]
    Eldritch Blast 2:
    1d20+8 26 [1d20=18]
    Force Damage 2:
    1d10+4 6 [1d10=2]

    mrpaku
  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    Jack fishes out a healing potion and takes a step to hand it to Jared, then listens to her monologue with his head tilted, pulling out the saber to play with it when she brings it up, "Oh. Well, I suppose that's reasonable."

    He walks over, saber in hand, then announces too loudly "A-HAH SO HAVE IT!" and stabby-stabs. He looks very pleased with himself.

    Geth, roll 1d20+7 for Saber Strike at Little Witch
    Geth, roll 1d8+4 for Saber Damage
    Geth, roll 1d20+7 for Saber Strike at Little Witch
    Geth, roll 1d8+4 for Saber Damage

    ((OOC: If the first attack lands add the extra damage below and he'll try to knock her down (STR save vs 15). On failure the second attack gets +2 tohit ))

    Geth, roll 1d8 for Trip Damage

    Saber Strike at Little Witch:
    1d20+7 24 [1d20=17]
    Saber Damage:
    1d8+4 8 [1d8=4]
    Saber Strike at Little Witch:
    1d20+7 18 [1d20=11]
    Saber Damage:
    1d8+4 7 [1d8=3]
    Trip Damage:
    1d8 6 [1d8=6]

    mrpaku
  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited August 2021
    Private Mullroy cries out in surprise as he is *FORCED* bodily back into the railing by the hail of Eldritch energy (-11 force damage)
    The Little Witch’s eyes gleam and her grin widens…she can’t *believe* that worked. Greedily, she extends her open hands as Jack steps forward, betraying her excitement. And then…

    0us0c9rfwg27.png

    “*EEERGHHHHHARRR!*”

    (-21 slashing damage!)

    Jack, for whatever reason, the sword seems to have gone *right through* her resistances!

    Geth roll 1d20 Strength Save vs. Tripping

    Strength Save vs. Tripping:
    1d20 18 [1d20=18]

    mrpaku on
    AustinP0027
  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited August 2021
    ALORO
    Oak puts down Murtogg, then glances behind him once more. Aloro seems to be gone. The Barbarian thought he briefly heard her footsteps, but the Eladrin is nowhere to be seen…


    FAYE AND MULLROY
    When she finally pulls her hands away from her face, they’re coated in blood. The way the left eyelid sinks in unnaturally, Jack can already tell; that eye has been destroyed

    kmocny91zkmm.png

    “*BASTARD!*” The Little Witch howls in fury and pain, as she clutches her face with her hands. “*YOU LYING, DIRTY-DOG, SIMPLE-MINDED SONUVABITCH, I’ll *KILL* YOU!” Twisting her (now bloody) hands over each other in an intricate pattern, the Little Witch retaliates with a “Magic Missile” into Jack's abdomen!

    OOC: Little Witch Faye will be using “Magic Missile” to push Jack out of Attack of Opportunity range, then fleeing North, and hoping her “Blink” spell actually kicks in this time!
    Geth roll 1d4+1 force damage (Jack#1)

    Geth roll 1d4+1 force damage (Jack#2)

    Geth roll 1d4+1 force damage (Jack#3)

    Geth roll 1d20 “Blink”

    Private Mullroy *grunts* as he pulls himself off from the railing. As he recovers, the soldier swings his Heavy Crossbow around frantically, struggling to pick a target: put the kid down again? Retaliate against the Warlock? The man decides quickly when he takes note of the Witch's situation. Locking a bolt into place, Private Mullroy *FIRES* upon the Shifter Jack, seeking to protect his Master…
    Geth roll 1d20+3 H.Crossbow (Jack)

    Geth roll 1d10+1 piercing

    force damage (Jack#1):
    1d4+1 5 [1d4=4]
    force damage (Jack#2):
    1d4+1 2 [1d4=1]
    force damage (Jack#3):
    1d4+1 2 [1d4=1]
    Blink:
    1d20 19 [1d20=19]
    piercing:
    1d10+1 10 [1d10=9]

    mrpaku on
  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    OOC: Shooting Jack with a Heavy Crossbow, take two:
    Geth roll 1d20+3 H.Crossbow (Jack)
    Geth roll 1d10+1 piercing

    H.Crossbow (Jack):
    1d20+3 20 [1d20=17]
    piercing:
    1d10+1 8 [1d10=7]

  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    The Little Witch seemingly*POPS* out of existence as she flees North past Mullroy!


    EDGAR BOYS
    “Goodenya, ken!” Jared pants thankfully to Jack, uncorking and downing the potion. Wiping his mouth and sighing with satisfaction, the Ranger pulls himself to his feet with his Longbow. The man charges to the nearby statue to try to hide and take cover, letting fly on Private Mullroy before he ducks down…
    Geth roll 2d4+2 Standard Healing Potion (Jared)

    Geth roll 1d20+5 Longbow (Mullroy)

    Geth roll 1d8+1 piercing

    Geth roll 1d20+5 Stealth Check (Jared)


    Sorcerer Aaron rushes up to check on his Paladin brother, placing a firm reassuring hand on his shoulder. “Heissn, s’akira?”

    “S’alright,” David mutters, annoyed and still regaining his breath after that punch. “B’ok”. Aaron smiles. A warm light radiates from the brothers…

    Sorcerer Aaron has cast “Enhance Ability-Bear’s Endurance” on David!
    Geth roll 2d6 Temp HP

    Now invigorated, the Paladin *ROARS* a battle cry, rushing across the field directly towards the final Solider. “MULLLL-RRRRRRRROOOOY!”

    Paladin David *DASHS* across the battlefield, sword raised and coming for Mullroy’s head!

    hckp5spw4sse.jpg

    OOC: Turn to the Wild Bunch! She Witch Faye is currently *BLINKED* out of existence (somewhere in the vicinity of Private Mullroy). Hex will return under Urixes’s control next turn. The Four Surviving Wyverns will arrive at the Southeast end of the battlefield in two turns.

    Standard Healing Potion (Jared):
    2d4+2 9 [2d4=3, 4]
    Longbow (Mullroy):
    1d20+5 12 [1d20=7]
    piercing:
    1d8+1 7 [1d8=6]
    Stealth Check (Jared):
    1d20+5 24 [1d20=19]
    Temp HP:
    2d6 5 [2d6=3, 2]

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    With two enemies struck down, Oak finds himself now searching the field for a fight. Hefting his axe over his shoulder, he runs as hard as he can towards the last combatant he can actually see.

    OOC Dash towards the question mark under "Faye". So, however close 80 feet of movement will get me towards Mullroy.

    mrpaku
  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    Clarification: Little Witch Faye was directly to Mullroy's left (within five feet) when she "Blink"-ed out

  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    "Ha, Jack that totally worked!" Arno gives a thumbs up as they run 30 ft toward Mullroy, dagger drawn.

    Gotta get a spear or crossbow when we get to the ship, it's tough without spells.

    OOC: move action to Mullroy and hold action to throw dagger when Faye appears. If more than 20ft, I'll have disadvantage.

    mrpaku
  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    Jack turns to grin at Arno, "Right?! I can't beli-oof! Ow ow ow!" He's pummelled, first by magic, then with a pointy bolt to add injury to injury, "Well that's just infair..."

    He glares at Mullroy and steps next to the statue to give himself some cover from the man, then puts the sabre away, one hand on its hilt cautiously as he pulls out the pistol once more with the other, eyes and ears alert for the tricksy little hag. He'll looking pretty beat up, all told.

    ((OOC: Jack will ready a shot for when she comes back ))

    Glal on
    mrpaku
  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    Urixes keeps up the pressure on Mullroy, with his tentacle now in range to get into the mix.

    OOC: Grasp of the Deep should be able to close the rest of the distance now, just ignore it if that's not the case yet.

    Geth, roll 1d20+8 for Eldritch Blast 1
    Geth, roll 1d10+4 for Force Damage 1
    Geth, roll 1d20+8 for Eldritch Blast 2
    Geth, roll 1d10+4 for Force Damage 2
    Geth, roll 1d20+8 for Grasp of the Deep
    Geth, roll 1d8 for Lightning Damage

    Eldritch Blast 1:
    1d20+8 19 [1d20=11]
    Force Damage 1:
    1d10+4 9 [1d10=5]
    Eldritch Blast 2:
    1d20+8 9 [1d20=1]
    Force Damage 2:
    1d10+4 6 [1d10=2]
    Grasp of the Deep:
    1d20+8 10 [1d20=2]
    Lightning Damage:
    1d8 2 [1d8=2]

  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    en3322tg2ans.png

    Another shot of Arcane Energy from the Tiefling Warlock *NAILS* Mullroy to the railing once more! (-9 force damage)


    ALORO

    Aloro the Eladrin is neither seen nor heard from...


    FAYE’S CREW
    pdps49z2hucp.png

    Private Mullroy holsters his Crossbow, and draws out his Longsword. The solider says nothing; utterly focused on the task at hand. The man doesn’t even seem to notice he’s now all alone out here. With a low-growl like a cornered animal, Mullroy makes for the Changeling Arno, *SWINGING* his sword with both hands…
    Geth roll 1d20+5 Longsword

    Geth roll 1d10+3 slashing

    Geth roll 1d20+5 Longsword

    Geth roll 1d10+3 slashing


    A bizarre *POP*-ing sound fills the air….and The Little Witch reappears!

    4omc5mbdajk9.jpg

    OOC: Jack and Arno both get to make their READIED attacks against Faye before she makes a move! Arno, you’re more than twenty feet away from the Witch at the moment, but less than thirty

    Longsword:
    1d20+5 21 [1d20=16]
    slashing:
    1d10+3 12 [1d10=9]
    Longsword:
    1d20+5 11 [1d20=6]
    slashing:
    1d10+3 10 [1d10=7]

  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    Geth roll 1d20+1d4+6 throw +1 dagger, no Regen allowed
    Geth roll 1d20+1d4+6 disadvantage

    Geth roll 1d4+3

    Regen allowed:
    1d20+1d4+6 24 [1d20=17] [1d4=1]
    disadvantage:
    1d20+1d4+6 11 [1d20=3] [1d4=2]
    1d4+3 4 [1d4=1]

  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    "Ha-HA!"

    Geth, roll 1d20+9 for Flintlock Shot at Little Witch
    Geth, roll 1d10+4 for Damage

    Flintlock Shot at Little Witch:
    1d20+9 28 [1d20=19]
    Damage:
    1d10+4 13 [1d10=9]

  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    Oh wait, that means I'm more than 20ft also. Disadvantage time!

    Geth, roll 1d20+9 for Disadvantage

    Disadvantage:
    1d20+9 18 [1d20=9]

  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    Faye dodges out of the way of Arno’s flung dagger…but the move leaves her open to Jack’s expert marksmanship, and she takes a lead shot *DIRECTLY* in the chest! (-13 piercing damage)

    The Little Witch is panting, looking absolutely furious. Her eyes search the distance for the incoming Wyverns. Frustrated, they dart back to the gathering combatants, looking to box her in. Then, with a wave of her hands, the Witch Faye summons a chilling blast of cold, which she channels towards Oak the Barbarian and Paladin David
    Geth roll 8d8 cold damage (Cone of Cold)

    Geth roll 2d20+3 Constitution Save vs. Cold (David w Advantage)

    Geth roll 1d20 "Blink"

    cold damage (Cone of Cold):
    8d8 33 [8d8=6, 2, 2, 8, 2, 7, 2, 4]
    Constitution Save vs. Cold (David w Advantage):
    2d20+3 23 [2d20=2, 18]
    "Blink":
    1d20 5 [1d20=5]

  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    EDGAR BOYS
    Paladin David sees the battered Changeling under assault from the Solider. As he jogs next to Oak, he gets the Shifter's attention, nodding over towards Arno. Teeth still chattering from the cold, he says “Eb’adoy, da liddle’ putty un yah? an’ ye turn’de’bird!” (How about, I’ll go help the Changer; you go take down the Witch!

    David suddenly changes direction, rushing up to the melee between Arno and Mullroy, swinging his blade overhead…
    Geth roll1d20+5 longsword (Mullroy)

    Geth roll 1d8+2 slashing

    Geth roll1d20+5 longsword (Mullroy)

    Geth roll 1d8+2 slashing

    Ranger Jared steps out from behind the staute and makes his way steadily North, letting fly arrows against the Witch as he goes…
    Geth roll 1d20+5 longbow (Faye)

    Geth roll 1d8+1 piercing

    Geth roll 1d20+5 longbow (Faye)

    Geth roll 1d8+1 piercing

    Sorcerer Edgar, still making his way towards the fracas, summons a tiny mote of fire into his hand, which he “HURLS* at the single remaining soldier…
    Geth roll 1d20+5 Fire Bolt (Mullroy)

    Geth roll 1d10 fire

    slashing:
    1d8+2 10 [1d8=8]
    slashing:
    1d8+2 7 [1d8=5]
    longbow (Faye):
    1d20+5 7 [1d20=2]
    piercing:
    1d8+1 7 [1d8=6]
    longbow (Faye):
    1d20+5 18 [1d20=13]
    piercing:
    1d8+1 9 [1d8=8]
    Fire Bolt (Mullroy):
    1d20+5 9 [1d20=4]
    fire:
    1d10 3 [1d10=3]

  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    ((OOC: David's Longsword swings, once again:))
    Geth roll 1d20+5 longsword (Mullroy)

    Geth roll 1d8+2 slashing

    Geth roll 1d20+5 longsword (Mullroy)

    Geth roll 1d8+2 slashing

    longsword (Mullroy):
    1d20+5 23 [1d20=18]
    slashing:
    1d8+2 10 [1d8=8]
    longsword (Mullroy):
    1d20+5 21 [1d20=16]
    slashing:
    1d8+2 6 [1d8=4]

  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    Little Witch Faye remains on this plane of existence!

    Private Mullroy is heavily wounded, but remains standing!

    Paladin David and Ranger Jared are both heavily beaten, but defiant!

    Hex has returned to Urixes control!

    The Wyverns will arrive from the Southeast at the top of the next round!

    Turn to the Wild Bunch!

    6newz6jhy0w8.jpg

  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    "Dave and I have this, Jack, Oak, focus on that witch. And I still have antitoxin when those trash dragons show up."

    Geth roll 1d8+4 cure wounds self

    cure wounds self:
    1d8+4 12 [1d8=8]

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    Oak sees the witch appear again, close to where he had run, and begins to charge even as she blasts out magic.

    He doesn't respond to the Paladin other than to run on the witch with a swinging axe, striking with all his might.


    OOC
    Edit: Assuming that saves, so half dmg.

    Geth, roll 1d20+6 for Con Save

    Geth, roll 1d20+10 for Attack
    Geth, roll 1d12+9 for Dmg

    Geth, roll 1d20+10 for Attack
    Geth, roll 1d12+9 for Dmg

    Con Save:
    1d20+6 25 [1d20=19]
    Attack:
    1d20+10 13 [1d20=3]
    Dmg:
    1d12+9 10 [1d12=1]
    Attack:
    1d20+10 15 [1d20=5]
    Dmg:
    1d12+9 16 [1d12=7]

    AustinP0027 on
    mrpaku
  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    "Ah, there you are!" He begins walking towards her, sabre in one hand and pistol in the other, "Don't suppose you'd mind waiting for me? Only it's hard to give you this sword when you're out of reach." He approaches the little witch, as near as he can while avoiding Mullroy and keeping her in his line of sight.

    Geth, roll 1d20+9 for Flintlock Shot at Little Witch
    Geth, roll 1d10+4 for Damage
    Geth, roll 1d20+9 for Flintlock Shot at Little Witch
    Geth, roll 1d10+4 for Damage

    ((OOC: Trying for another Trip Attack if the second shot lands, STR vs 15 to keep standing ))

    Geth, roll 1d8 for Extra Damage

    Flintlock Shot at Little Witch:
    1d20+9 23 [1d20=14]
    Damage:
    1d10+4 13 [1d10=9]
    Flintlock Shot at Little Witch:
    1d20+9 28 [1d20=19]
    Damage:
    1d10+4 11 [1d10=7]
    Extra Damage:
    1d8 7 [1d8=7]

Sign In or Register to comment.