As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[D&D 5E] Whispered Curse, Day 60- Offshore/Abbott of the Eternal

1858688909196

Posts

  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    WEST MURDERER’S ROW
    Left eye gouged out, bleeding in half a dozen places, and one of his arms dangling uselessly at his side, the Ogre stares up in the smoky skies, takes a deep breath, and *BELLOWS* with rage! Ragged gasps as he tries to breath, the giant rushes into the smoke cloud between himself and escape, swinging his club wildly at anything that may be in his path!

    OOC: Rushing into the smoke, attacking Woofer with Disadvantage, and attempting to get back to his buddies nearby. His brush past Woofer will occur a (Disadvantaged) Attack of Opportunity from Woofer

    Geth roll 2d20+6 Greatclub (Woofer)

    Geth roll 2d8+4 Bludgeoning

    Joyfully “singing” to himself as he works, the Ogre busy deconstructing the cannon battery raises his newest-trophy high overhead. Gripping it like a golf club, the Ogre places his weight upon a back leg, and begins to spin upon the platform! Using the cannon as a fulcrum for his own weight, the Ogre winds up, twirling like a clumsy, lead footed dancer…and then, *CRACKS* the cannon like a whip within the artillery unit! Wincing under the blow, the steel cannons send two loud, muffled *CLANGS* into the air, as the force of the blow knocks one cannon off its housing completely, and the “club” wraps itself irretrievably around a second…
    The Ogre has destroyed two additional cannons from the artillery unit (5/9)

    As he holds tightly to their legs underwater, the toothy-looking Shifter sees the gills pop upon the Changeling’s neck. The two catch eyes underwater for a single long moment, the Shifter’s green steely gaze taking full account of the Changeling. He smiles once during the exchange; not entirely unkindly (in fact, the manner is slightly flirtatious…)

    Lines and rope cling to the sides of the poorly-maintained watercraft above, floating wet and unsecured in the waters below and around you. Quick as a flash, the Shifter grabs hold of a grubby-handful of (seemingly endless) fishing line that dangles from overhead. Wrapping it in complicated loops around the Changeling’s ankles, the Shifter pulls the knot tightly, and gives one last long look to Arno. Nodding professionally and with a knowing grin, the Shifter braces himself feet first against the restrained Changeling’s stomach underwater, kicks off and shoots-up into the murky smoke cloud above, swimming back towards his escape craft…
    OOC: Fancy Suit-Shifter using his Grappling-turn to Ensnare Arno with fishing-line in the depths, kick-off from them underwater, and swim back towards his skiff overhead! Escaping the ensnarement= Arno beating the Dexterity Check the Shifter will set right…now. (The Shifter’s kickoff from the Changeling in the depths will occur an underwater Attack of Opportunity from Arno…but with Disadvantage!)

    Geth roll 1d20+2 Dexterity Check (Tying Up a Changeling Underwater)

    Greatclub (Woofer):
    2d20+6 32 [2d20=9, 17]
    Bludgeoning:
    2d8+4 13 [2d8=7, 2]
    Dexterity Check (Tying Up a Changeling Underwater):
    1d20+2 3 [1d20=1]

  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    OOC: that would've been a lot cooler if this landlubber knew how to tie a simple knot, dear lord

    Glal
  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited December 2021
    SHIPPING WAREHOUSE C- JETTY
    The Modrons listen to the Barbarian’s words raptly. As he finishes, the three bots’ in front have a quick, hurried, “secretive” discussion:

    Modron #1: “HE SEEMS TO SPEAK TRUTH! THE INTERLOPERS HAD *ALL* THE SUPPLIES AND REFUSED TO TRADE ANY OF THEM…THESE SHIFTERS HAVE *NO* SUPPLIES AND ALSO SEEK SERVICES FUTILEY! NOT THE SAME!”

    Modron #2: “(cheerily) *NOT* THE SAME! IN FACT…THE *OPPOSITE*!”

    Modron #3: “(stoically) I CONCUR! FURTHER, I CONCLUDE THE LARGER SHIFTER MUST BE FATHER TO THE SMALLER ONE. HE DISPLAYS MORE WISDOM, AND SPEAKS WITH THE PRACTICED MANNER OF A PATRIARCH. IF WE CAN KEEP THE “FATHER” REASONABLE, HE WILL BE ABLE TO KEEP THE MONKEYS AND CHILD AND QUIET FIEND FROM AGGRESSION, AND THEIR PRESCENE *MAY* SERVE TO DETER OTHERS IN THE QUEUE FROM MISCHIEF.”

    Modron #1: “{helpful) I CONCUR!”

    Modron #2: “(cheerily) *I* CONCUR!”

    Their talk ended and the decision unanimous, the trio turn back towards the SS Oak, and nod in unison.

    Modron #1: (pointing helpfully)“YOUR (low tone)UNIDENTIFIED(buzz, and a return) CREW MAY COME ABOARD AND MAKE YOURSELVES COMFORTABLE INSIDE THE WAREHOUSE! SEATING IS FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED!”

    Modron #2: (lurching forward and announcing cheerily) “PLEASE FOLLOW ALL COMMANDS MADE BY THE MODRONS AND THE PROFESSOR AT *ALL* TIMES! *ANY* HARM BROUGHT TO MODRONS, REFUGEES, OR THE PROFESSOR WILL METE OUT *SEVERE* AND *IMMEDIATE* CONSEQUENCES!”

    Modron #3 (addressing Oak specifically) “PLEASE DIRECT *ANY* REQUSTS TO (low tone)HELP-OUT(buzz, and a return) TO THE PROFESSOR IN PERSON! YOUR ASSISTANCE (low tone)AND PATIENCE(buzz, and a return) DURING THIS TRYING TIME IS COMMENDABLE, AND OUTSIDE EXPECTED PARAMETERS!”

    Throwing up a gangplank propped against the railing nearby, the dozen Modrons all help usher Wild Bunch and Hadozee alike from the SS Oak and onto the boardwalk. One of the Modrons, discovering the small orphan girl huddled under the rags on the deck, picks the girl up into his metal claws in clear distress. “A SMALL CHILD! INJURY! A SMALL CHILD” The spherical bot’, tiny wings buzzing even faster now, carefully hefts the girl into his arms, and disappears in the air back towards the Shipping Warehouse.

    Single file, the Modrons march this group towards Hook’s End and around the corner, where a carefully guarded hatch leads inside the Warehouse. The bots’ guarding the door wordlessly move to unlock and unlatch it, standing to the side and tightly gripping their spears as the Wild Bunch and Hadozee march inside the Ship…

    Inside Shipping Warehouse C, Jack, Oak and Urixes take note of the following:

    - The Modrons buzz about the interior with purpose, twice as many inside as outside. They attempt to assist newcomers, keep the peace among the refugee crowd, and provide help to the Wizened Old Man who seems to be in charge of the balloon-growing apparatus

    - There is a long, long line of the injured, scared, and displaced Chaff residents in front of your group, waiting for their turn to escape skywards. Some are obviously frightened; some clearly eager for a skybox, as they check and re-check their guns. No one seems keen to lose their place in line


    - The Wizened Old Man seems to be the person around whom this whole operation functions. Goggles resting sideways over his head, he checks, attaches, and reattaches strange looking machines to the fabric, slowly swelling the balloons into shape. The Man seems half unaware of the building and desperate crowd behind him, focused as he is on the project before him…

    osankiyuvktf.png

    Noticing the refugees as though for the first time, the Wizened Old Man takes a few, faltering steps backwards, as though frightened. “Oh! Oh, yes, I’d almost forgotten…make yourselves comfortable! The Mordrons will keep you safe if you stay close, and I’ll get you skyward ASAP. But I…can only do… one, of these bloody things at a time, you know…” Waving pleasantly if rather dismissively at the crowd before going back to ignoring them, the Professor tries for the twentieth time since you’ve seen him to readjust his goggles, and return to his work…

    “PLEASE WAIT PATIENTLY!” The first Modron informs the Wild Bunch and Hadozee. “YOUR PERIL WILL BE ADDRESSED IN THE ORDER IN WHICH IT WAS RECEIVED!”

    Nearby, the irritated refugees, still on edge from the sound of gunfire outside, are growing increasingly impatient and on edge. One of them, a familiar looking Half-Elf, glugs from a bottle of wine and complains about his misfortunes to annoyed residents in line both in front of and behind him. Looking over to take note of the newcomers, the drunken Half-Elf (whom Jack and Oak recognize from El Gordo Orco this morning) has his eyes come alight upon taking notice of Oak. “…h-h-hey!…don’t I k-k-now you?”

    mrpaku on
  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited December 2021
    SHIPPING WAREHOUSE C- BALLOON-INFLATION APPARATUS
    Oak the Barbarian, taking a deep breath and puffing out his chest ever so-slightly, strolls five-feet adjacent to the queue, large arms swinging casually at his side, his gaze unwavering and focused solely on heading towards the Professor. The Shifter is all business, and a handful of Modrons who had buzzed over in an attempt to correct the man’s place in line mutually, silently decide to fall back…

    Urixes the Tiefling follows just three steps behind the big man, staring out aggressively into the crowd, trying to find those who would dare to speak up and attempt to impede the Wild Bunch. The handful that accidentally catch his line of sight almost immediately break eye contact; their gazes cast downwards, and attempting to appear as small-as-possible in the face of a true Sea-Terror.

    As the Wild Bunch marches on, a brave individual every few steps seem ready to step forward to confront the group, and declare bullshit on the line-jump. Some have wives or children, or have friends or family who were injured during the riot. Some are simply eager for the safety or the experience in the dirigibles up above, or (possibly) the chance to fire upon the City’s aggressors. Many seem to recognize the Bunch as their criminal-doubles, and *HISS* angrily between themselves about the bastards getting priority-status. But, despite their overwhelming numbers, the already put upon refugees are unable to muster much more than a depressing, resigned “Yeah, but what-are-you-gonna-do about-it?” between the lot of them.

    Jack follows, blissfully unaware of the mood in the place, lock step next to Oak, wide-eyed and beaming! Lucky Jack smiles at the patrolling Modrons, the haggard refugees, the angry looks from the crowd, and (eventually) the Wizened Old Man, who stops fiddling with the Inflation-Apparatus momentarily to appraise the three who approach him…

    yjbehse84sc4.png

    Mouth containing a rough-handful of golden teeth, eye swimming with cataracts, the Professor grins broadly at the trio that come to meet him, and grabs his goggles by the bridge upon his nose, pulling them up over his hairline so he can get a better look at the group. “Well-well! Well-well-well,” the hunched and ancient figure giggles out, “I recognize you, don’t I?” He turns to the three, one after another, nodding respectfully to each. “Oso Del Trueno.” Turns to Urixes, “Lord of the Deep.”

    Taking in the sudden sight of Jack and Mister Fusspot, the man *GASPS* deeply, and immediately becomes distracted from the matter at hand. For a moment losing his grip on the balloon device, strange-smelling air suddenly issues forth from the flailing tubing, until he once more grabs hold of it and connects it back to the balloon. Slowly turning back again, the Professor rubs his beard and takes in the sight of the young Shifter and the Tiny Griffon, as though seeing something miraculous. Over his shoulder, fully-distracted, he asks Oak and Urixes, “So, uh what can I, errhm, do for all of you?”

    mrpaku on
  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    Jack huffs up proudly. Finally, someone else recognises how special Mister Fusspot is! Better take advantage of his celebrity status.

    "We were wondering if we could borrow a balloon? We need to get to the top of the tower to help defend the city." He rotates his shoulder to show off the little griffon. Eh? Eh?

  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited December 2021
    SHIPPING WAREHOUSE C
    The frazzled old scholar, mouth agape and curious, puts a slow, tentative hand out towards the tiny griffon. Mister Fusspot, becoming increasingly incensed at the invasion on his space, finally *CHIRPS* aggressively, and *SNAPS* at the man’s fingers! The razor sharp beak catches and severs the middle finger from one of his leather gloves, and he pulls it back with a surprised (but ecstatic) laugh! “Well, hello!” he greets the tiny griffon with newfound deference. “Nice to meet you, my feathered friend! Although, I thought you were supposed to be a Pseudodragon…” The man grunts to himself, a sound of unexpected (but pleasant) surprise.

    The Professor returns to the nearby Balloon apparatus, pushing hurriedly past Oak and Urixes to check pressure gauges and subtly adjust dials. Although a bit spacey, the Professor acts highly familiar around the Wild Bunch, like he were entertaining old friends. Still clearly staring a bit at Jack, the Professor nods thoughtfully at the request for a balloon. “Could do that! Got a rough-dozen or so left I was gonna use for the presentation. But, not sure how much of Olde Town Road will be left by tomorrow to present on…Give me about, four, five more minutes, and the next one should be fully inflated and ready to lift off!”

    “Now…” he says, moving toward’s the balloons basket and pulling out a simple dial connected to the contraption’s piping. “If you’re travelling in this thing…and not just hanging above the riots…you’re gonna need to pay attention to your altitude! The balloons have no steering to speak off, quite-yet. But, if you can get above the rest of the crowd, find a decent updraft of wind? You can use the conflicting air current to safely float the craft…” (The Professor goes on like this for some time: explaining air currents among differing altitudes, the proper use of ballast materials hanging from the side to keep the craft steady or gain some additional and immediate vertical height, and the concept of navigating effectively without a proper rudder. He speaks a mile a minute, makes assumptions about your knowledge, and the terms he uses are clinical to the point of being archaic. Its clear this particular scholar is more of a “doer” than a “teacher”)

    “…so,” he finally concludes. “That should be enough to go on with the basics, for now! Remember: the balloon is not a siege machine, and shouldn’t be treated as such! Just one proper hit from an aggressive force could be enough to sink you back into the City again! Fly high and keep safe, til’ you reach the tower!” Nodding with assurance, the man stresses: “And please return my balloon with care, when your task has been accomplished! I would be eager to hear how your trip to the Tower went, and…” (here the Professor looks once more over at Jack and Fusspot, eyes burning with barely-constrained curiosity). “…get to know you all a bit better!”

    mrpaku on
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Oak stands silently as the instructs them. He was a bit hesitant to get into a balloon with Jack, doubly so as the Professor mentions a single hit could sink it.

    "Before he go," he interrupts, knowing time was limited but also needing more info. " how do ya know Me 'n Urixes? Don't believe I've met you before."

    Geth, roll 1d20+1 for Persuasion

    Persuasion:
    1d20+1 2 [1d20=1]

    Glal
  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    edited December 2021
    Geth, roll 1d20 for Not Crashing The Balloon

    ((OOC: "Guys, I think we need to push this button labeled [Never Touch Me]" ))

    Not Crashing The Balloon:
    1d20 5 [1d20=5]

    Glal on
  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    Urixes stands with arms crossed, listening as best he can to what certainly seems like magic, but isn't, in a way. Or was it? Hmm..

    Geth, roll 1d20+2 for Intelligence Check

    As the balloon is prepared, Urixes turns to the Hadozee. "Can you do some climbing and give us some cover? I don't know what all will be out there but I'm sure there will be something for you to shoot."

    Intelligence Check:
    1d20+2 5 [1d20=3]

    mrpaku
  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    Jack whoops excitedly as the balloon begins to rise, "Next stop, the tower!" He looks over the edge to meet eyes with the Professor, "Don't wait up, we might be a while!"

    It was this lever, right? And then you push that in? What was that about drafts again? Oh, it probably wasn't important, how hard could it be, Mister Fusspot does it all the time.

  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited December 2021
    SHIPPING WAREHOUSE C- BOARDING A BALLOON
    Jack excitably fiddles with levers and knobs, flicking dials and *CRANKING* the control panel wherever he can find a button to press. From his shoulder nearby, Mister Fusspot chirps nervously, trying to get someone else’s attention.

    The Professor catches Jack at his fiddling and his eyebrows fly up! Tutting and clearly frustrated, the wizened old man comes in behind the Shifter, smacking away his palms and moving to place the control panel back to its original settings. “Nooo, n-o-o! That’s not, it…did you listen to nothing I said? Lift after, after! Then the thrust!” The Professor shakes his head in quiet disbelief, returning to his work but keeping a now (much-closer) eye on the Shifter. “Hrrmph…you need to display more care, my mysterious young friend! This can be very dangerous apparatus to work with, if it’s not given proper deference!”

    Turning back now to Oak and Urixes, the Professor gives the Shifter a wry, mischievous grin, and dismisses the question of familiarity away with an airy wave of his hand. “Oh, we’ve not-yet met, quite…but I’ve read of you! I’ve read much of this world, and its more prominent inhabitants.” Smiling secretively, he gives Oak a gentle, fatherly look. “A discussion for later, perhaps…once you all have halted the violence in the city!”

    Jack, his fingers twitching, inches ever closer towards twisting the closest knob. Sensing his intention, Fusspot jumps down upon his arm and *GNAWS* defensively at his hand, growling under his little breath…

    After Urixes requests assistance from the Hadozee, Bash steps forward, with a firm, thankful look and a deep bow to the Warlock. “…We do you one better! Me and my mates’ aim to keep ground and crowd here…protect the effort to get the citizens to safety…and for your kindness, I’ll send Kasha, Mara, and Grush to take watch of yourselves; help bring an end to this nonsense!” The Hadozee turns to the Professor, concerned. “The Balloon hold them all?”

    The Professor, goggles askew on his face and after some careful consideration, nods once (rather hesitantly) to the Hadozee. “…no more, however! With the weigh differential, I’d be worried about…”

    “Yes, yes,” Bash waves the man off, “If you say it’s safe, I trust you!” He turns back to Urixes, a finger firmly pointed. “…watch my mates’! Don’t get them killed, you hear?”

    “Well then,” the Professor says, cutting back in and *SNAPPING* what’s left of his gloves back upon his hands. “…the Sphere seems to be filled! Now, my young friend if you give just give a slight, gentle *TUG* to the lift handle…”

    Jack, finally given permission, *JERKS* the lift handle down as hard as he can. And as the handle begins to resist his pull, he leans on and over it with both wrists, trying to force the lever down despite the building pressure.

    NO…NOT THAT TIGHTLY!” The Professor screams out…but its already too late. Pulling out from the hissing air tubes and rapidly escaping from the housing of the Shipping Warehouse, the Dirgible *SURGES* into the air with a far-too-fast, immediate elevation! Soaring out into the afternoon sky above the city, the flying-machine surges ever-upwards, and three other escape Balloons, (soaring about aimlessly overhead the Warehouse), are suddenly, strongly, immediately pushed aside!

    The citizens, shoved boldly about inside their baskets, attempt to keep steady and not flip over! Hanging from the ropes on the sides of your balloon, battered and twisting in the wind, the Hadozee Marksmen and the Wild Bunch attempt to do the same…
    OOC: Oak, Urixes, Jack: Please roll an Acrobatics Save to avoid taking 2d6 Bludgeoning Damage against the basket/control panel/each other. (DC-15) Nearby, your companions (and those in the other balloons) will be rolling to avoid falling a considerable amount down into the City or the waters below…

    Geth roll 1d20 Acrobatics Save (Balloon#1)
    Geth roll 1d5 Citizens
    Geth roll 1d20 Acrobatics Save (Balloon#2)
    Geth roll 1d7 Citizens
    Geth roll 1d20 Acrobatics Save (Balloon#3)
    Geth roll 1d8 Citizens
    Geth roll 1d20+7 Dex Save (Kasha)
    Geth roll 1d20+7 Dex Save (Mara)
    Geth roll 1d20+7 Dex Save (Grush)

    As the group shoots upwards, over Hook’s End and the Shipping Warehouse, they take note of Black Robed figures approaching as a team from the Eastern part of Hook’s End. A few of the Black Robes take immediate notice of the Wild Bunch: calling out the group to their companions, they pull out rifles and crossbows, readying them to aim to the skies!

    Almost at once, the Mordrons fall upon the invaders, rapiers and spears churning readily against the Black Robes! Overhead, perched about Shipping Warehouse C, Bash and his companions begin to lay down covering fire, taking their time and carefully chipping at the Black Robed enemy…

    For a single, breathtaking moment in the balloon overhead, the entire city of Chaff comes strongly, brilliantly into focus for the members of the Wild Bunch…
    OOC: Perception Check from everyone to get a look around town from way up here and see what you can see. Oak (with his Mile-Sight) gets Advantage here!
    ...and then, from somewhere above the control panel, a wire (frayed and torn, as the group was rocked against the sides of the Balloon) begins to *HISS* and *SPARK*, flinging stinging electrical charges towards the lift device at the center of the Dirgible. As it does so, the Balloon, lurching awkwardly forward, twirls up, up, and UP into the night sky, threatening to disappear into the stratosphere….

    Acrobatics Save (Balloon#1):
    1d20 12 [1d20=12]
    Citizens:
    1d5 4 [1d5=4]
    Acrobatics Save (Balloon#2):
    1d20 3 [1d20=3]
    Citizens:
    1d7 7 [1d7=7]
    Acrobatics Save (Balloon#3):
    1d20 11 [1d20=11]
    Citizens:
    1d8 5 [1d8=5]
    Dex Save (Kasha):
    1d20+7 23 [1d20=16]
    Dex Save (Mara):
    1d20+7 12 [1d20=5]
    Dex Save (Grush):
    1d20+7 9 [1d20=2]

    mrpaku on
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    edited December 2021
    Oak grabs tightly at whatever he can managed to get his hands on as the balloon rockets into the air. "Jaaaaaaaaack" the words come out through clenched teeth.

    In the moment, he eyes manage to find the horizon and for a brief period of time, he is able to look out over the city.


    Geth, roll 1d20+2 for Acrobatics
    Geth, roll 2d20k1+3 for Perception

    Acrobatics:
    1d20+2 19 [1d20=17]
    Perception:
    2d20k1+3 18 [2d20k1=[15], 9]

    AustinP0027 on
    mrpaku
  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    edited December 2021
    Oh, this is fun! "See, I said this was even more fun than sailiiiiiiIIIiii...!" At this point he's bodily pushed against the controls, then shoved back.

    Geth, roll 1d20+7 for Acrobatics

    "Oof! Well that was exciting." He stands back up and takes his position at the control station once more, his nose bleeding. Captain Jack reporting! "Boy, this city sure is pretty when it's not on fire... oh sorry, did you want to wiggle the levers yourself, Oak?" As a demonstration he does just so, making everyone's stomach rise, then slam back down.

    "Easy!"

    Geth, roll 1d20+4 for Perception

    He steps aside for Oak, just in time to watch sparks shower the place he just stood, "...that's not supposed to happen, right?"

    Acrobatics:
    1d20+7 14 [1d20=7]
    Perception:
    1d20+4 20 [1d20=16]

    Glal on
    mrpaku
  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    Urixes grits his teeth. "All I wanted to do was go to the library," he growls, holding on for dear life.

    Geth, roll 1d20+2 for Acrobatics Check
    Geth, roll 1d20 for Perception Check

    Acrobatics Check:
    1d20+2 20 [1d20=18]
    Perception Check:
    1d20 9 [1d20=9]

    mrpakuGlal
  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    SKIES ABOVE CHAFF
    The sudden midair collision is devastating.

    One of the balloons has a team of injured-looking men casually tossed into the maelstrom of the City below, only a single middle-aged fellow healthy and whole enough to cling to the craft as it flips over endlessly. Another craft, full of women and children, is bashed back and forth, sending a few bodies flying out from the basket, screaming in terror as they fall!

    The third balloon at first seems to have weathered everything the best, being slammed far from the center of the action as the Wild Bunch burst upwards. But as it quickly becomes apparent, something is clearly wrong. A fire is catching within the gas-filled sphere, similar to the Wild Bunch’s own situation but much quicker! Within a mere thirty seconds, the balloon will have turned into a flaming, sinking sphere of shrieking and wailing voices, as the flames engulf the thing entirely, and move lower to claim the basket as well…

    The Wild Bunch (being the involuntary aggressors) come off best from it, merely having the basket spun like a top! Even so, they lose two of their Hadozee, who plunge down, down into the city. Dangling from a line and one arm looking limp, the final monkey, Kasha, hangs on for dear life, holding one, futile hand out to her falling comrade below and looking horrified.

    Inside the basket itself, Oak and Urixes grip into lines and against the edges, maintaining balance despite the mad spinning. But Jack, nearest to the controls, is picked up and bashed against them, once, twice as the craft rolls recklessly up into the air, and the young Shifter grasps about desperately to stay inside the basket!
    Geth roll 2d6 Bludgeoning (Jack)
    The Balloon Ride gives an excellent view of Chaff, better than any postcard could do justice! But of course, having the time to take in actual details during the mad ride for their lives is a rather difficult and jumbled affair…

    EVERYONE
    Fires are, very slowly, starting to be put out below…the sounds of fear and surprise are slowly being replaced by loudly called commands, single warning shots: a call to order. Ye Olde Towne Road looks to have been completely reclaimed by a citizen’s militia. There is less panic in the air now, but the danger which exists below is still very real, and like rats, the Black Robes and Dogs and Opportunists gnaw at the edges of the chaos…



    URIXES
    As the Tiefling is flung about the basket of the balloon, he gets scattered glimpses of hope from the rioting streets below in the form of familiar faces: Refi Truespring is helping to calm the citizenry and put out fires around the Commons Houses; Captain Ari, screaming like a mad-woman, is fighting six Black-Robes who attempt to push their way towards the Copper Camel; Rax, leading a full squad of Rak’ta, has moved to blanket the area around Rat Shit Tavern, safely closing down the South Drummer Street block (and subsequently, Hook’s End)…



    JACK AND OAK
    The main areas of the City hit become readily apparent from way up here: everywhere the fires were heaviest, and the citizens cut off, somewhere nearby were one of the large, built-in artillery units which dot Chaff. Most have now been destroyed…but not all. Three of the Batteries somehow remain. Two, looking damaged, sit near the center of town: one to the west (which is currently being destroyed by an eager looking Ogre) and one to the east (which is currently being fought over by a pair of wolves and an injured looking holy-man, scuffling with a couple of the Dogs). There also remains one of the Cannon Units fully intact at the far-north end of the city, where the familiar shapes of Shin, Bluurg, Ril, and Fiver have (inexplicably) held off what seems to be a fair number of the Black-Robes (and currently appear to be looting them rather thoroughly)

    Around town, an emerging pattern takes shape as dark, unmarked craft on the edges of the City start to quietly take on covered skiffs and longboats. Quietly, they load up Dogs and Black Robes alike, and prepare to pull up anchor. It appears that those who chose to stir up the trouble, their tasks now nearly complete, are subtly preparing to depart, and leave the city to burn down under the weight of its own Chaos…



    JACK
    Jack, as he flies helplessly about the basket and is smashed twice into the control panel, tries desperately to reorient himself! Through a flash of dream-like sights and sounds from the City below, the young Shifter fights to center himself, and he fishes about the craft for something, anything to hold onto! Where *OUCH* were we even going, again…wait, Tower! It was *OOF* towards the Tower!...

    Trying to a look at the City as it dizzingly sprawled out beneath him (not even realizing in that moment that he hangs suspended in midair, and falling…), Jack’s eyes find the tower at the north end of town, and gets a sense of the surrounding area. It seems the far end of Cuththroat Alley from where the Wild Bunch originally left has been half-burned down by now. But most of the crafts near the center of the city have been saved from the fires…from the looks of it, by the same Orc and Crew which had come and tried to arrest Jack and Oak a few hours ago! The guards at FIRE + WATER watching their backs nearby, the Orc (Gorgeous Grigmar) is attempting to lead his group into the Tower, but the place seems to have been locked tightly shut! From above, Black-Robes, peeking out from the tower’s interior, open fire on the pirates beneath them, trying to hold them off from their assault on the entrance!

    Jack’s eyes look, up-up-up, as the basket once more sends him spinning (nearly down into the city again!) aimlessly about. Once more catching sight of the tower, he now sees something near the top, standing, and watching the Wild Bunch shoot into the clouds. A gray figure with a cruel smirk upon their face, who looks to be the spitting image of Arno…

    uuvv99fwqgko.png

    Behind the Changeling, an awful shape flies about the top levels of the tower, sending out the now-familiar, awful scream…

    h8mixuyhk1vq.png



    EVERYONE
    The basket finally rights itself. Overhead, the fabric is still, slowly catching fire, like the balloon which burst completely into flames and even now floats down (nearly-ashes), into Chaff. The danger now seems whether the Wild Bunch will float above the clouds, or incinerate first…

    Bludgeoning (Jack):
    2d6 6 [2d6=1, 5]

  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    The Warlock touches the Barbarian and whispers a few words over him, as Jack and Mister Fusspot watch on nearby, clung desperately within the sides of the craft. A very shaken Kasha, moving her way hurriedly up the ropes to hang from the side of the basket, throws her arms over the edge with a thick *GASP! With frightened eyes, the surviving Hadozee takes in the scene of the spreading fire and battered basket…

    Oak can feel a lightness come over him, as his body seems to float towards the heavens. Shaking off this strange, heady sensation, the Barbarian moves to ties his body within the guidance lines, holding the craft tightly and straightening the balloon’s movement in the process. With a first, experimental tug, Oak slowly begins to attempt to guide the craft’s descent, straight and high, towards the sight of Tick Tock Tower.

    At his back, the flames slowly begin to grow and spread across the fabric of the balloon.

    At either side of the basket, Jack and Urixes crouch within, holding on tightly with one hand while preparing their ranged assaults in the other, as the Tower amd the Black Robes begins to loom closer and closer…

  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    Jack wipes his bloody nose on a sleeve, "Well this went sour quickly, and I thought we were doing so well, too..." He pats the little griffon to keep him calm and picks up the longbow slung over his back, finding a place in the cramped dirigible where he can pull back on it proper.

    Geth, roll 1d20+9 for Longbow Attack
    Geth, roll 1d8+4 for Longbow Damage

    Geth, roll 1d20+4 for Stealth Check

    Longbow Attack:
    1d20+9 18 [1d20=9]
    Longbow Damage:
    1d8+4 7 [1d8=3]
    Stealth Check:
    1d20+4 18 [1d20=14]

    mrpaku
  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    edited January 3
    Loosing an arrow, Jack quickly notches another one, murmuring, "Never mind me, your buddy just has a cramp, aaaaand..."

    Geth, roll 1d20+9 for Longbow Attack
    Geth, roll 1d8+4 for Longbow Damage

    ((OOC: The 1s, they just keep on comin'! ))

    Longbow Attack:
    1d20+9 10 [1d20=1]
    Longbow Damage:
    1d8+4 5 [1d8=1]

    Glal on
  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    Urixes sticks to grunts and growls for his commentary, trying to focus on maintaining concentration while flinging eldritch blasts at the robed figures.

    Geth, roll 1d20+8 for Eldritch Blast 1
    Geth, roll 1d10+5 for Force Damage 1
    Geth, roll 1d20+8 for Eldritch Blast 2
    Geth, roll 1d10+5 for Force Damage 2
    Geth, roll 1d20+2 for Stealth Check

    Eldritch Blast 1:
    1d20+8 12 [1d20=4]
    Force Damage 1:
    1d10+5 7 [1d10=2]
    Eldritch Blast 2:
    1d20+8 10 [1d20=2]
    Force Damage 2:
    1d10+5 9 [1d10=4]
    Stealth Check:
    1d20+2 13 [1d20=11]

  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    Geth, roll 1d20+8 for Extra Eldritch Blast 1
    Geth, roll 1d10+5 for Force Damage 1
    Geth, roll 1d20+8 for Extra Eldritch Blast 2
    Geth, roll 1d10+5 for Force Damage 2

    Extra Eldritch Blast 1:
    1d20+8 25 [1d20=17]
    Force Damage 1:
    1d10+5 7 [1d10=2]
    Extra Eldritch Blast 2:
    1d20+8 28 [1d20=20]
    Force Damage 2:
    1d10+5 6 [1d10=1]

    mrpaku
  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    Geth, roll 1d10 for Crit Damage

    Crit Damage:
    1d10 2 [1d10=2]

  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    The Wild Bunch’s craft is coming into Tick Tock Tower very hot.

    Oak, straining best he can against the ropes (as he’s licked from flames above), slowly manages to pull the Balloon level with the tower; lead it towards the Clock Face. But despite the man’s immense strength, he can’t find a solid grasp on how the guiding lines actually function. The Barbarian can’t keep the Balloon steady…the craft’s altitude isn’t dropping quickly enough, despite his best efforts…and they’re still coming in much, much too fast, and it’s only getting worse by the second…

    Trusting their lives to the Big Man once more, Jack and Urixes brace themselves against the basket’s sides and unleash hell against the Black Robes which dwell among the upper levels of the tower! A half dozen of the snipers are quickly picked apart by arrows, bolts, or blasts before they even take proper notice of the wild Balloon which descends flaming at them from the southern sky! One ducks just a half inch under Jack’s arrow volley, cursing loud enough to be heard even over the fire and the wind. The lucky Black Robe returns fire on the Balloon, a ball of lead suddenly severing the length of rope just below where Kasha dangles. The Hadozee grunts back a long sound of prolonged, sheer rage from somewhere in her throat, her grief and fear turning to blinding fury in the heat of the moment!

    All of this happens in the course of roughly ten seconds, as the craft darts across the smoke filled afternoon sky, and the fire overhead slowly grows along the fabric. Wind whistles violently around the crew’s ears and face, and the pressure forces them back against the basket! It has become readily clear to everyone within the craft that a full, high-speed crash into the clock face is imminent. The Watchful Changeling, once stood stoically across the Clock Face on the Tower’s Top Floor, has already hit the deck…

  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    "Fly, Mister Fusspot! I'll be right after you!" He gives the other two a 'welp!' expression before leaping out the basket, aiming to get missed by the crashing balloon, while not missing the tower itself.

    Geth, roll 1d20+4 for Dex Saving Throw

    Dex Saving Throw:
    1d20+4 24 [1d20=20]

    mrpakuAustinP0027
  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited January 8
    In the mere seconds before the burning balloon crashes into Tick Tock Tower, Urixes, Jack, and Kasha, adrenaline running high, each jump from the hurtling craft!

    Jack happily leaps from the basket first and highest! The young Shifter, arms and legs cutting through his midair descent while he hoots like an overeager teenager, bursts through a cloth partition above the clock face, tears through at least three separate highly-placed fishing nets (that someone had hung as makeshift hammocks), and comes to land precisely atop rafters which hang above the clockwork! Jack, wobbling to the left, manages to lean back, raise one leg…j-u-s-t barely catch himself from falling below, and maintain his balance along the narrow plank! Lucky Jack had just crouched to pull both arms safely around the wooden beam, when the balloon bursts into the clock’s mechanics right beneath him…

    Urixes and Kasha had bailed at nearly the same time, and despite the expert timing of their exit from the craft, the pair are sent spinning head over heels across the top floor, finally coming to rest dizzy (but whole) near the east side of the Tower’s top floor. Urixes, looking behind as he collects himself and gets to his feet, sees the craft coming in fast and hot! Raising an arm to shield Kasha from the blastas the balloon hits, the Warlock is rocked by a sudden expansion of hot air, and a gust of glassy shards from the impact of the crash into the clock face!

    Oak waits as long as he can to make sure his friends land safely along the tower. At the last possible moment, gripping the basket and kicking off, the Big Man leans into the feeling of weightlessness, quickly shoots from the side of the craft, and then rises like a bubble up and away from the crash which occurs but a moment later! The Barbarian turns his head from the collision, as tiny bits of glass rain out in a million different directions!



    The balloon and basket managed to destroy most of the front of the clock. The fuel apparatus is still hissing and spluttering from somewhere within the clockwork. The fire continues to burn. Overhead, the wooden rafters overlooking and wrapped around the machinery slowly begin to come alight as well…



    Urixes, wiping glass crystals gently from the corners of his eyes, stoops to help Kasha to her feet, and at the same time appraises the heavily-struck Tower…



    Jack, carefully opening first one eye and then another, looks around at what remains of the interior of the clock. A fire already burns brightly along one of the rafters nearby. From outside, the fighting-man again hears that familiar *SHRIEK*. Peering out from beneath the roof’s gutters, the Shifter sit in the shadows, and finally gets a good look up close at the Corvian-creature:

    a022hd36se8s.png

    The Bird-thing, beating it’s awful wings in place, has stopped it’s patrols at the sound of the crash. Head craning about unnaturally as it flies about the north of the Tower, the creature tries to get a look around the corner at what has just transpired…



    The Amazing, Flying Oak, hairs on the back of his neck bristling as the City unnaturally sits hundreds of feet below, frantically takes in the situation atop Tick Tock Tower. Jack is missing (although the last Oak heard, he was cheering like a child at a carnival). Urixes and Kasha seem to have landed safely and are pulling themselves up.

    The Watchful Changeling, angrily brushing shards of glass from their cape, is already half on their feet. The Armorered Stranger (the spitting image of Arno, if Oak didn’t know better) casually look around, takes in Urixes and Kasha, before ruefully raising their head to acknowledge the floating Barbarian as well. Oak gets a sudden insight, a sense of instant deja vu: The gaudy armor and entitled manner, the watch from on high out of the action. Just like James Gunn in the Grey Maw. This is the one. The “Boss”.

    bgsytega8o3t.png

    Willing himself to descend, Oak follows the path of the destroyed balloon, floating effortlessly down towards the Changeling and smoldering wreckage. The Watchful Changeling, in the process of fixing their hair, sighs with resignation as they sense Oak’s approach, and finishes cleaning the dust and wreckage from off of their shoulders. As the Barbarian touches down upon the top floor, they step forward and address him with an unnerving familiarity, in an almost unreadable tone (it could be irritation or admiration; jovial, or bored), “There was a door, you know. No need for all the theatrics! Unless…this was some sort of an “Audition”?” The stranger smiles ,albeit briefly. Glancing once in the direction of Urixes and Kashsa with a slight nod, they turn back to Oak, all-business. “But no. No, that’s not your style, is it…Mr. Oak?” The Changeling pauses pointedly, waiting to see what effect this has on the group…

    mrpaku on
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    "Ya seem to have me at a disadvantage, 'fraid I don't know yer name."

    Oak's hands find the hilt of his axe, drawing it and then resting the head on it in the ground. He wasn't necessarily attempting to intimidate this Changeling but he also wasn't one willing to be caught off guard should he need it.

    "While yer at it, might be you can explain what yer doing to the city, and why your wearing the face of one of my friends."

  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    The Changeling gives a slight, curt smile and a bow. “I’m known by many names, Mr. Oak. Pom is my branding by birth . Lieutenant Pom, unofficially when I’m on business, as I serve in a direct capacity under His Majesty and Grand Benevolence the Sun Prince! And some of the Were-kind have bestowed on me the sobriquet “Lupo”, I believe, as a term of affection…”

    Pom watches with a keen, open interest as Oak places the Axe between them on the stone bricks of the tower floor. They seem to be admiring the piece, twisting their head to get a better look at the make and design. The appraisal continues, while Oak’s tone shifts. Pom listens patiently, and nods with understanding at the Big Man’s questions.

    They respond: “My face is my own. I had heard from a little bird that the Changeling in the city, your friend “Arno”, bore a striking resemblance to myself.” Pom frowns slightly, glancing back towards the closed hatch behind the clock. “”Close enough to be siblings”, I was told. There was even a smattering of talk of “Twinning”. I was expecting to make their acquaintance well-before your own today…I do hope they haven’t fallen in the Riot…”

    “The City…” Pom finally replies, taking a long look over the rising smoke and destruction about Chaff. “It is a shame how things turned out. The Sun Prince has tried to work with the Queen for as long as she’s been in power. Bring real culture and commercialization to the free citizens of this place! But her and the misfits and miscreants in charge of this operation have shaken every attempt to join forces or cooperate, to build something together. They have chosen pointed lawlessness and small sighted selfishness, over looking towards the future of the Expanse!”

    Pom shrugs. “We gave them just a bit of a push. It was nothing that wasn’t going to happen regardless, Mr. Oak…Chaff is and always has been a powder keg, no matter how dry the Queen has managed to keep the powder. Now, when the dust settles, when the rats have finished fleeing the ship…those who remain, they can rebuild: become something stronger. One day soon, the free people of Chaff may well thank the Gods for the change this upheaval brings…and when they do, you can rest assured his Grand Benevolence will be here, with care packages at no-cost, and the hands needed to bring order back to this place!”

    “And, in the meantime” The Changeling follows, matter-of-factly. “…the next several months are of utmost importance for my Lord’s expanding business ventures. With the main hub within the Expanse having to put all their efforts towards rebuilding, the Prince’s plans may move forward fully unhindered! It was a business decision, Mr. Oak….nothing personal.”

    “Now, as to the Prince’s plans,” Pom continues, in that conciliatory tone. “…well, Mr. Oak, it is simply to make sure that the Wild Bunch completes its mission!” They speak this loudly enough that everyone along the top of the tower can hear it, and let the sound echo out among the tall rafters. The “Lieutenant” nods with self-satisfaction, clearly expecting the Wild Bunch to be impressed.” It’s a simple matter of common goals. The Sun Prince wishes to finally expand his market-share beyond the Twilight Expanse. He believes your group gathering the Keys and entering the Teeth will help him to further that end. Simple, no?”

    Pom nonchalantly begins to rattle off the benefits of cooperation: “Mr. Oak, I have taken special care to order my men to leave the Whispered Curse and the members of its crew untouched during today’s events. I know how much you care for the safety and security of your comrades-at-arms. We can provide you financial assistance in the form of upgrading your Hull…outfitting your Ship with high-level artillery…we can even provide you extra hands, from among the Prince’s favored. At a word.”

    “And, of course, we can assist in your friend Urixes’s quest for knowledge. Oh yes, we know of your pursuit, Urixes-the-Undying!” they loudly shout over towards the Tiefling and Hadozee. “Your former selves left rather large breadcrumbs, you know! The Sun Prince has followed your scattered history with some amount of interest…I’m sure there’s much he could share with you!”

    Arno I was hoping to approach in person, but they have already been given a “small” taste of the possible high-life that may come to you all. And Jack…..who I could’ve swore I saw ride in a second ago…well, after the strike at the Marauder’s Market, we were able to put aside a half-dozen crates of assorted, salted meats for your young friend. Large quantities. Exotic varieties. The very finest quality cuts.”

    Pom waves before him casually, palms out. “All of this…the backing of the Elysium…the support of our many supply branches out on the Waters…can be yours. The Wild Bunch will have the full backing and blessing of His Majesty and Grand Benevolence the Sun Prince. And all you have to do in return, is one small thing.”

    Pom looks Oak straight in his eyes, deadly serious and pleading. “Nothing. You do nothing. Don’t raise a hand in the city’s assistance. Don’t tell them word one of what you know, of our presence in the day’s events, or of the Prince’s interest in your voyage. Plead ignorance, complete your Ship’s overhaul and resupply, and sail away post-haste to continue your journey. Not so hard, no?” Pom adds, ponderously. “No more than they deserve after how they’ve treated you all, do you not think so?”

    “What do you say, Mr. Oak? Urixes-Undying? Ummm, sorry... I never got your name..” they say, addressing Kasha. Kasha, growling lightly underneath her breath, slowly moves her hand back towards her crossbow….

  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    As the conversation below is happening Jack is creeping along the rafters, having a look around... oooh, nice mural! He's about to go poke around it when something else catches his attention, a figure in the shadows putting together a rather sizable looking weapon.

    Miming a "shh!" to the griffon he begins tiptoeing his way up behind the figure, quietly pulling out the saber, just in case. He assumes anyone with a weapon that large might not have the best of intentions in mind.

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Oak exhales slowly, attempting to calm the muscles in his body that were tensing for action. His hands tighten their grip on his axe, but otherwise he attempts to remain emotionless.

    "You dun right by my ship, so I'm willing to listen." he says slowly. "I won't pretend that hearing yer Sun Prince is involved makes me feel right. Heard some stories about what he does with folks like me." Oak pauses and cracks his neck, returning his eyes to Pom in a dead stare.

    "But I ain't a crew of one, so I don't make them decisions by myself." He turns he head slightly backward. "Urixies. Come up and hear what Mr. Pom has to say. Reckon ya will have thoughts on it as well."

    It was an attempt to buy time, as Oak was trying to parse through what Pom had said and uncover what he had glossed over. It wasn't ever as cut and dry as they made it, those who would give a grand speech. Add in that Pom was standing on a clock tower overlooking the city as it burned, and Oak didn't trust much of what was said.

    Geth, roll 1d20+3 for Insight

    Insight:
    1d20+3 6 [1d20=3]

  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    RAFTERS
    In the shadows upon the small beam above, the tiny, cloth-laden sniper finishes assembling his rifle and picks his target out from the floor below: Urixes. The little goblin is just peering towards his sight when he notices something flash in the metal; movement, behind him! With one swift motion, the Goblin spins, and swings the rifle behind them to meet Jack's blade!...

  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    Jack tries not to let his surprise show, he was absolutely certain he'd been as quiet as a mouse! Goblins must have very good ears. He shakes his head and smiles, tinking the saber against the weapon's barrel to keep it pointing away from is face and murmurs, "Now now, let's let the nice gentleman have their talk, hm?"

    Geth, roll 2d20k1+3 for Intimidation (thank you, food buff!)

    Intimidation (thank you, food buff!):
    2d20k1+3 18 [2d20k1=[15], 14]

    mrpaku
  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited January 10
    TOP FLOOR
    Below, along the floor of the ruined clock tower, a loud heavy *CLANG* is heard; the sound of metal meeting metal violently! But between the rest of the creaking and sputtering from the wreckage, those around assume it to be merely a part of the structure shifting against itself overhead...

    RAFTERS
    The rifle meets the blade, and both parties are driven back! Jack is pushed into a sitting position five feet away along the rafter beam, splinters in the ass of his pants, but sword still firmly held (although, his wrist now stings a bit....) while the goblin has similarly found himself pushed out of bounds, nearly disarmed, and almost shoved off of the rafters! It is only due to a dagger held in his off hand, which he has dug into the beam, that the creature manages to stay in an upright position above the clockwork....

    As he pulls himself up upon the weight of the heavy-rifle, the Goblin makes a effort to appear collected and menacing to Jack, while still trying to stay unheard from the people below: "Hey, Bu-ddy, I come to your ship and criticize? Hehn? I just here to do quick job, and a quick job only," the goblin hisses quietly over at Jack. "I kill Urixes-Undying before he kill me! Once that's done, Chic the Brick leave you all to whatever-the-hell..."

    The Goblin Agent waves around the little dagger defensively, while trying to pull the big rifle back into both of his small arms.

    "So, you gonna behave, eh? You gonna...get in the way?" Though he brandishes the rifle and his dagger like he knows how to use them, the goblin's bossy and demanding demeanor belies his clear discomfort at Jack's prescene. His personal desire to murder Urixes aside, he obviously has no wish to have a confrontation with Jack, either...

    mrpaku on
  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    Jack winces and waggles the saber hand some to relieve the pins and needles, "Urixes? Sorry friend, can't let you do that, on account of him being a buddy of mine and all. Don't suppose I can talk you out of that?" He eyes the large rifle, slowly getting off his butt, "That's an impressive piece I wouldn't mind giving a try, but you look an honest sort and I'd rather not you end up... you know." He gives a meaningful look doooooooooown.

  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    Urixes eyes narrow, but he offers nothing more than his customary growl at this point. Nothing was sitting right with him, but he couldn't quite figure out why, other than the fact that he detests bullies.

    Geth, roll 1d20 for Insight Check

    Insight Check:
    1d20 2 [1d20=2]

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Oak hadn't turned his head fully away from Pom, but he clearly hears Urixes growl and then say nothing.

    "Well then. Seems like he didn't care much for yer pitch. Can't say I appreciate it much either. Dun want to owe no favors to yer Prince."

    Oak looks out on the burning city.

    "How 'bout I offer ya a counter? You and yer folk leave the city. Go sail off to whatever next scheme ya got cooked up. We watch you go, send ya off with a wave, Chaff recovers. Simple enough." With a quick tug, his axe pops off the ground and rests it's hilt on his shoulder. "That is, unless ya feel like ya need some encouragement."

    Geth, roll 1d20+4 for Intimdate

    Intimdate:
    1d20+4 20 [1d20=16]

    mrpakuGlal
  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    TOP FLOOR- TICK TOCK TOWER
    The Changeling stiffens visibly at Oak’s counter-offer. Pom clearly isn’t someone who is used to being told no. They begin to turn a slight pinkish hue, before taking a deep breath and willfully regaining their composure. Pom shakes their head passionately: either with acute disappointment at the rejection, or to nurse their wounded pride at the insult. When they finally respond, they’re still cool and collected, but there’s an edge to their voice that wasn’t there before:

    “You should take care of who you choose to threaten, Bear-kin, lest your threatening come back to haunt you. You will not find the Prince’s Lieutenant taken as easily as some miscalculating Old Witch! Oh yes…we know all about the Grey Maw…Faye…your Ship, and its Mates. Our mutual associate, the dwarf Balog, was only too happy to trade information on you all for a substantial increase in his payment!”

    Pom is slowly edging out in front of the tower, taking care to keep a measured distance, and watching the hand Oak places upon the axe. The Changeling’s own hand rests just above a beautifully carved sword hilt, not quite touching it, but never leaving it alone. “Do not worry yourself about me; I will leave, as you have requested. But keep in mind, the Sun Prince will see this as a rejection of his offer, and will respond accordingly. Everyone in the Expanse either comes to work for His Majesty, or against Him, Mr. Oak…eventually. We have tried the carrot; shown you how you will be greeted by the rest of the Expanse, and offered you Sanctuary. You have chosen to turn away our offered hand, and provide your sympathies to those who would subjugate you. Like a dog.”

    Pom, back to the edge, turns now to fully face Urixes, Oak, and Kasha. Their tone is matter-of-fact, but deadly, and straight to the point. “After this, unfortunately, comes the stick. You have seen how easy it was to turn sentiment against you here. Now, imagine…every port of call you arrive at, one of our agents waiting for you, ready! Every step of your journey, dogged by the Prince’s long arms! Every member of your crew, marked as “Valuable Targets” to all the kidnappers and slavers and murderers within the Expanse!”

    The Corvian-Creature, roaring around the corner, flies past Pom’s shoulder and comes face to face with Oak, horrible wings beating against the air and a horrid smell emanating throughout the area! Lieutenant Pom, a hint of sadism once more in their eyes, smiles over at Urixes and Oak. “But I suppose, that will be a problem for your Shipmates alone…as you won’t be alive to see it!” Gills slowly flex into the sides of the Changeling’s neck, a sight you’ve grown used to seeing from Arno. As the Bird-Creature *SHRIEKS*, the Changeling steps upon the railing behind them, and eyes the boardwalks and waters below…

    RAFTERS- TICK TOCK CLOCK
    The Goblin doesn’t respond, instead holding the rifle before them like a swor,d while his ears prickle and strain to hear the tones from below and he continues to look out warily at Jack with one eye. It suddenly becomes clear from the sounds below that there won’t be a deal, as Oak’s tone grows contentious and Pom’s grows dire. As soon as both Jack and the Goblin realize the situation below is about to get violent, the Goblin’s face puckers aggressively, and he goes to pull his rifle on Jack!

  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    "Against sounds fine to me," Urixes says. He then raises a hand, and without another word channels a blast of eldritch force at Pom.

  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    In the streets below, a triumphant roar wells up...Gorgeous Grigmar and his pirate militia have breached the front entrance! Their ranks pour into the front door, and the Black Robes above them disappear from their perches to confront the incursion within...

    On the top floor of the tower, the groups stand facing each other, bodies tensed. With one last, ferocious cry, the Vrock finally attacks, heading straight for Oak with tooth and nail!
    Geth roll 1d20+6 Beak Attack
    Geth roll 2d6+3 piercing
    Geth roll 1d20+6 Talon Attack
    Geth roll 2d10+3 slashing

    Beak Attack:
    1d20+6 10 [1d20=4]
    piercing:
    2d6+3 10 [2d6=4, 3]
    Talon Attack:
    1d20+6 13 [1d20=7]
    slashing:
    2d10+3 14 [2d10=2, 9]

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Oak's grip tightens as the bird creature bears down on him. He dodges it's blows, and roars in defiance. He offered Pom a silent exit, and it was thrown back in his face. So now, they do it the hard way.

    He brings his axe around, swinging hard down on the Vrock, a deep growling of words escaping his lips. "Fuck you bird."

    mrpakuGlal
  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    Sigh, "Okay, but don't say I didn't give you a chance." He shakes his shoulder to get the griffon to hop off and disappear into the rafters, raising the saber and glancing down at his footing. For all his bravado, he'd rather not end up on the ground floor a few inches shorter either.

    Geth, roll 1d20+7 Saber Strike
    Geth, roll 1d20+7 Saber Strike
    Geth, roll 1d8+5 for Saber Damage
    Geth, roll 1d8+5 for Saber Damage
    Geth, roll 1d8 for Trip Attack if hit

    (( On hit, adding Trip Attack, +1d8 damage and imposes STR saving throw vs 15 or knocked prone ))

    ((OOC: If he either misses entirely or the saving throw succeeds he'll burn his Action Surge to try again, otherwise he'll save it ))
    On double miss or a successful save:

    Geth, roll 1d20+7 Saber Strike
    Geth, roll 1d20+7 Saber Strike
    Geth, roll 1d8+5 for Saber Damage
    Geth, roll 1d8+5 for Saber Damage
    Geth, roll 1d8 for Trip Attack if either hit, re-impose saving throw

    Saber Strike:
    1d20+7 11 [1d20=4]
    Saber Strike:
    1d20+7 10 [1d20=3]
    Saber Damage:
    1d8+5 13 [1d8=8]
    Saber Damage:
    1d8+5 7 [1d8=2]
    Trip Attack if hit:
    1d8 1 [1d8=1]
    Saber Strike:
    1d20+7 23 [1d20=16]
    Saber Strike:
    1d20+7 15 [1d20=8]
    Saber Damage:
    1d8+5 11 [1d8=6]
    Saber Damage:
    1d8+5 6 [1d8=1]
    Trip Attack if either hit, re-impose saving throw:
    1d8 6 [1d8=6]

  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    ((OOC: Well, one of them rolled in the double digits I guess! ))

Sign In or Register to comment.