As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[D&D 5E] Whispered Curse, Day 60- Offshore/Abbott of the Eternal

19091939596

Posts

  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    Urixes is pulled instantly from his stroll down thousand-memories-lane, walking towards Jack as the statue animates. His hand rests on the pommel of his implement, ready to defend his friend but hoping it doesn't come to that. For now he relies on his specialty: peering at something thoughtfully.
    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Arcana Check

    Arcana Check:
    1d20+5 17 [1d20=12]

  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    OAK
    Body tensed and both ears listening for signs of immediate trouble from Jack, Oak flips through the notebook quickly, rolling over the document and picking out the key facts from each line as fast as he can:
    - They were a group of sea adventurers (strangers) who’d just met up in Chaff and banded together seeking treasure and infamy

    - They came upon this place almost immediately after their departure. Two of their number were blinded by the Radiant light traps and forced to stay behind with their Captain aboard ship, but most of the group made it up and in to the tunnel

    - They made a survey of the cavern, and discovered that it had been submerged underwater until very recently. They also discovered a great deal of illusory surfaces built into the place. Soon enough, one of them came across the Clockwork-Mirrored Guardian

    - The Guardian, pointing the mirror with purpose at the surprised pirate, asked four questions: What does the Man in the Mirror seek? What does the Man fear in his darkest of hearts? Can you bear the dreadful weight of “Knowing”? Are you strong enough to wield the Glass of Order?

    - The answers were either very right or very wrong. A vision of a Beholder emerged from the mirror and descended upon the man! While behind, the Mirrored Guardian awoke and proceeded to slaughter the remaining group of pirates! Some stayed and fought momentarily, managing to slay the Beholder, but they quickly realized the direness of their situation and got to cover behind the illusory walls.

    - The writer of the notebook hid for some time, watching the Guardian pace the cavern, searching for the intruders. The Mirrored Guardian seemed to have incredibly bad eyesight, as he was able to find none of the hiding pirates. However the group, unable to come out of from their hidden areas as the clockwork endlessly paced the place, all eventually succumbed to slow, inevitable deaths: either due to wounds suffered from the Guardian, or (as it seems to suggest from the wilting text) dehydration and starvation from coming here unprepared and becoming trapped

    - The man’s last sight was watching the Mirror Guardian approach the Doorway, and use his Mirror Shield to temporarily bring down energy around the doorway, briefly looking outside…

    JACK
    The statue intones in answer, “I CAN SEE ONLY WHAT YOU SHOW ME. AND I SHOW ONLY TRUTHS.”

    The voice *BOOMS* once more. “JACK THE WEREWOLF! WHAT DOES THIS VISION FEAR, WITHIN THE DARKNESS OF HIS HEART?”

    URIXES
    ”Light and Darkness”, “Truth”, “Golden Sun”…some old Order deity, then. And “Order” is something that has been missing from the Expanse for a long, long time.

    This Guardian, frustrated at being unable to serve his purpose these long years, and abandoned by his God, is now eager to find a Champion, any Champion, to pass his boon along to. Once its task is complete, it can go to sleep forever, no longer forced to watch over this place. No longer forced to guard and keep the door between Order and the Expanse.

    Whatever gift it holds most be very powerful, as Urixes considers his own experience with the Champion’s Keys. And Jack wouldn’t be held to the sway of a God to keep it. At the very most, the Mirrored Guardian may try to impart a moral code on Jack itself, just as a matter of course. It seems, despite her mania, that Captain Arabella was right to note the importance of this place...

    But as with everything involving the Wild Bunch, there’s a catch. Urixes senses the buildup of the questions, and can see where this is going. Eventually, the statue will ask something of “worthiness” for this prize (the Gods of Light have their own hoops their followers must jump through). At that point, if Jack says “yes”, the statue will “test it” and initiate battle, and if Jack says “no” the statue will “cleanse the unworthy” or some such nonsense. Either way, Urixes doesn’t see any way out of this that doesn’t involve a fight

    MEEPO
    Meepo was slowly making their way back from the doorway (having found nothing of note) and towards Jack, Urixes, and the Guardian, when suddenly movement caught the corner of their eyes. Meepo slows as they see a group of familiar figures (not immediately recognizable as the dragon man’s reflection dancing among the crystals) fall out of time, each reflecting his movement back at him in impossible and erratic speeds! The Kobold blurts out a quiet, defeated, “Sheet.” Drawing his weapon, the dragon man backs up slowly, eyes firmly on everywhere he sees his reflections moving in strange rhythm…

  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    Jack twitches at the booming voice, "Keep it down big man, I'm right next to ya..." He looks at his reflection, then glances back at his compatriots.

    "That's... that's a bit personal, innit?" He mulls it over with an expression of discomfort on his face. That was the great thing about being a wolf, you weren't asked to introspect by magical statues at every turn!

    "Right. Bend down, will ya?" He lowers his voice, not feeling like sharing with the world.
    "I think... I think he's afraid he'll never be himself again."

    "We done then? Do you step aside and let us pass, or whatever this was for?" Over his shoulder, "Hey Meepo, what are we here for again? What's with the dagger, you doing some whittlin'?"

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Oak's eyes start to widen as he gets to each new line of information. There were in trouble, Jack possibly the most, and they didn't have much time.

    "Urixes, Meepo" he yells out. "Thing dun see too well behind illusions. Prepare for an attack."

    "Jack" he yells immediately after, "That thing is askin' four questions, and depending on how ya answer, might attack ya. Be. Careful."

    Oak draws his axe, and steps backwards into the illusion where he had discovered the dead writer. He was preparing for an attack, and when it came, he would need to lash out quickly. He could only hope that Meepo and Urixes got themselves ready as well. As for Jack, Oak couldn't do much for the lad where he stood, but could only hope his general innocence would lead him to answer correctly, and only the rest of them would need to contend with this statue creature.

    mrpaku
  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    If the Mirrored Guardian notices Urixes, he makes no note of him, nor does his mirror. The statues full focus and attention lie solely on Jack and the mirror...

    The Were-Jack within the mirror suddenly moves on his own accord. Keeling over, the mirror vision grabs at it's chest, before springing his neck back and letting out an unheard *HOWL*! When it looks back at Jack again, the Were-Jack's mouth hangs agape, drooling. Bloody claws are bared and eyes are wild. A strip of meat hangs from it's bottom row of teeth, ripped to the flesh except for a single patch of remaining fur and tissue, which is brilliant white like a new snow...

    The mirror glass between the two Jacks shimmers suddenly, for a moment liquid and insubstantial.

    The Mirrored Guardian gives an almost imperceptible, grim smile, somehow sensing the shift within it's reflective device. Placing the mirror on the cavern floor below and bracing itself against it's weight, the clockwork knight now asks:

    "JACK, ACCURSED TO WALK AMONG MEN - THE WILD-KIND WITHIN THE MIRROR LIVES IN BLISSFUL IGNORANCE, EXISTING ONLY FOR THE THRILL OF THE HUNT AND THE SAFETY OF HIS PACK. WHAT I OFFER IS THE POWER OF KNOWLEDGE AND TRUTH. BUT CAN YOU BEAR THE AWFUL WEIGHT OF "KNOWING"? OR WILL YOU BE LOST FOREVER IN FALSE REFLECTION?"

    ..

    Meepo heeds Oak's words from across the cavern, slowly backing up towards the cavern wall and away from the haunting figures in the surrounding glass. The curved weapon they slowly withdraw from the sheathe at their sheathe side is finely polished, and the handle looks carved from rock. "Ent' a dagger, Meester Jack...what I geet heres meh" sickle!" The Kobold, having found a solid stalagmite to put their back to, waves the sickle around at the nearby illusions, taking a moment to look over and watch Jack and Urixes confront the Mirrored Guardian...

  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    Oak's warning has Jack on edge and the shift inside the reflection isn't helping matters either, though his reaction is closest to... resignation. He gives his other self a tired look, murmuring "Ah. There it is."

    Hand gently petting the griffon on his shoulder his eyes remain on the Other Jack, "Look buddy, that thing is what I see in the eyes of everyone who knows what I am, why do you think I look like this most of the time? If yer question is, do I want to be that, then that's the easiest No I've ever had to say. Don't know what's so heavy about knowledge, but it can't be worse than dat."

    He finally looks up at the smiling Guardian again, "So, one more question and then you let us through, yea?"

    mrpaku
  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited April 9
    Jack's resigned defiance does something to the vision in the mirror: the teeth draw back a bit, the claws shorten, the coat grows slightly less shaggy on Were-Jack. Though the image doesn't completely disappear, it seems to lessen, and the beast it reflects becomes diminished, as though Jack facing it head on had somehow weakened it...

    From the scabbard at Jack's side, the Red Skull Saber rattles restlessly, agitated by something in Jack's mood.

    The clockwork knight, taking this all in with a certain quiet pleasure (Jack finds the bot strangely moody, for a construct), nods to Jack's request. "MY FINAL QUESTION, JACK WILD-KIND."

    "HOW CAN ONE WHO KEEPS THE LIGHT OF TRUTH HIDDEN BE WORTHY TO WIELD THE GLASS OF TRUTH? HOW CAN A CREATURE SO TORN WITHIN EXPECT TO BE A BEARER OF ORDER?" The Mirrored Guardian focuses all his attention on pointing the mirror at Jack, waiting on edge for his answer...

    mrpaku on
  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    Jack takes a step back, meeting the Guardian's gaze with narrowed eyes, an edge of hurt to his voice, "Not like I asked fer it. Tell me, how does someone warped and bitter expect to judge others? You want the wolf, you meet the wolf."

    He flips down his helm's mask, pulls out the pistol and fires at the mirror.

    Geth, roll 1d20+9 for Pistol Shot
    Geth, roll 1d10+4 for Damage
    Geth, roll 1d20+9 for Pistol Shot
    Geth, roll 1d10+4 for Damage

    Pistol Shot:
    1d20+9 21 [1d20=12]
    Damage:
    1d10+4 7 [1d10=3]
    Pistol Shot:
    1d20+9 17 [1d20=8]
    Damage:
    1d10+4 14 [1d10=10]

    AustinP0027mrpaku
  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    Both shots connect through the hazy glass of the mirror! Were-Jack, clutching the gunshot wounds, begins to fall through the (now liquid) surface of the mirror. At the same time the clockwork *BELLOWS*, "INTERLOPER! YOU HAVE BEEN DEEMED UNWORTHY! BOW TO THE BLADE OF ORDER!", and the Mirrored Guardian slowly withdraws the sword from the sheathe at his back...

    ..


    Meepo hears the gunshots ring out through the cavern. Slapping themself a few times to psyche up, they raise the sickle high above their head. "Fer' the White Dragon!" And the Kobold charges towards the fray...

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    His axe drawn already, Oak already knew that battle was the only option. He was proud to see that Jack faced it head on, though, throwing this farce of a ceremony back in the big statue's face.

    He lets the sight stew in his head a moment, releasing his control over his emotions, allowing the anger of what the statue is trying to do to Jack to wash over him. He blinks and the world turns red. Head tilted back, he unleashes a guttural growl, his features shifting as his beastial nature takes over, looking upon the wolf that has emerged from the mirror.

    Hands gripped tight, he charges, getting up close and personal and swiping at the statue directly.

    Going into rage. Also activating shifter transformation for temp hp and +1 AC.

    Geth, roll 1d6+10 for temp hp

    Geth, roll 1d20+8 for Attack
    Geth, roll 1d12+7 for Dmg

    Geth, roll 1d20+8 for Attack 2
    Geth, roll 1d12+7 for Dmg 2

    temp hp:
    1d6+10 12 [1d6=2]
    Attack:
    1d20+8 14 [1d20=6]
    Dmg:
    1d12+7 15 [1d12=8]
    Attack 2:
    1d20+8 13 [1d20=5]
    Dmg 2:
    1d12+7 14 [1d12=7]

  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    Oak rushes the scene, axe out and hacking at the wolf which has splayed out upon the floor! But the creature is wily: it manages to roll past each devastating blow, fangs out, quickly pulling itself to it's feet...Though cornered between the Guardian the the two Shifters, the Were-Creature which wears half of Jack's face has only eyes for the Lucky Wolf. Once back upon it's hind legs, the creature extends it's jaws, and leaps for Jack's throat!
    Jack, on a successful hit, please roll a Strength Check (DC-15) or be knocked Prone

    Geth roll 1d20+8 Bite (Jack)
    Geth roll 2d6+4 piercing
    The Mirrored Guardian *BELLOWS* once more as Oak comes within sight of the mirror. "FOUL DEVIANT!" The statue shouts at Oak. "FALL BEFORE THE INEVITABLE BLADE OF ORDER!" The giant sword, now fully unsheathed, begins to hum with white light at the Guardian's incantation. The blade crackles with radiant energy, as it whistles through the air towards Oak...
    Mirrored Guardian casting "Branded Smite" as a bonus action (lasts one minute):
    The next time you hit a creature with a weapon attack before this spell ends, the weapon gleams with astral radiance as you strike. The attack deals an extra 2d6 radiant damage to the target, which becomes visible if it is invisible, and the target sheds dim light in a 5-foot radius and can’t become invisible until the spell ends.

    Geth roll 1d20+7 Great Blade
    Geth roll 2d6+4 slashing
    Geth roll 2d6 radiant

    Bite (Jack):
    1d20+8 15 [1d20=7]
    piercing:
    2d6+4 10 [2d6=5, 1]
    Great Blade:
    1d20+7 16 [1d20=9]
    slashing:
    2d6+4 8 [2d6=2, 2]
    radiant:
    2d6 12 [2d6=6, 6]

  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    Urixes' hands move in a flash before him, doing a little summoning of his own. As three copies of Urixes spring into existence around him, a crackling tentacle rises up from the ground near the guardian, lashing out with an electric strike.
    Casting Mirror Image with my action, then summoning my tentacle with Grasp of the Deep for my bonus action. Targeting the guardian with the attack, if it's hit it takes lightning damage and its speed is reduced by 10 feet.

    Geth, roll 1d20+8 for Grasp of the Deep
    Geth, roll 1d8 for Lightning Damage

    Grasp of the Deep:
    1d20+8 10 [1d20=2]
    Lightning Damage:
    1d8 8 [1d8=8]

  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    Jack just barely dodges the snap, dancing around the beast and trying to keep it between himself and the hulking Guardian, "Can't say I'm impressed with this double... hey blade, you're up." He pulls out the saber and swings it at his wolven self.

    Geth, roll 1d20+7 for Saber Strike
    Geth, roll 1d8+4 for Damage
    Geth, roll 1d20+7 for Saber Strike
    Geth, roll 1d8+4 for Damage

    Saber Strike:
    1d20+7 18 [1d20=11]
    Damage:
    1d8+4 12 [1d8=8]
    Saber Strike:
    1d20+7 13 [1d20=6]
    Damage:
    1d8+4 10 [1d8=6]

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    The statue's hit struck him hard, and the explosion of radiant light that accompanied it stung. Oak blinked the flash of light away to see that he was now glowing a bit. "The hell?" he says aloud to no one in particular. He looks up at the statue with a mix of confusion and annoyance. But, even after taking the hit, he doesn't sway from his attacks on the the Wolf. It was focused on Jack, and his goal was to try and change that.
    Technically Meepo is next up, but nothing Meepo does should change Oak just swinging away at the Not-Jack Wolf.

    Geth, roll 1d20+8 for Attack
    Geth, roll 1d12+7 for Dmg

    Geth, roll 1d20+8 for Attack 2
    Geth, roll 1d12+7 for Dmg 2

    Attack:
    1d20+8 26 [1d20=18]
    Dmg:
    1d12+7 8 [1d12=1]
    Attack 2:
    1d20+8 19 [1d20=11]
    Dmg 2:
    1d12+7 14 [1d12=7]

    mrpaku
  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited April 13
    In a move to distract the Guardian from Jack without losing ground, Urixes summons a trio of duplicates into the fold and stares the construct down! The trick briefly works against the Mirror Guardian, but the distraction manages to weigh on the Tiefling’s attention, as the summoned tentacle that emerges is immediately crushed beneath the weight of the Guardian’s Giant Shield as it emerges! The statue, chuckling to itself darkly, pulls the Shield from the broken-tiles below, and points it now, taunting, at the Tiefling…



    Moving in a brotherly, unspoken tandem, the whirring duo of Wild Bunch warriors close in on the false-Were-Jack reflection. Jack pointedly withdraws his Red Skull Saber, just as Oak shakes off the blow from statue’s sword, and both come together wordlessly in a churn of spiraling death to put an end to the mockery that was the “Order’s” Not-Jack…

    The diminished sight of the Lesser-Jack drips into a black nothingness beneath your weapon’s edges and points, now gone from this world…


    Growling with the building chant of battle-hymn, Meepo the Kobold, strides forward through the cavern, holding their sickle aloft and chanting a sleepy incantation, something that most of the group recognizes as akin to a subtly haunting lullaby. From a dot of light somewhere a score of feet behind the Mirrored Guardian’s helm, a pointed beam on “Moonshine” suddenly glows, and shines down upon the Mirrored Guardian’s shoulders from above! Meepo holds their arms aloft, laughing as the White Dragon burns the back of the Guardian. “Keep to is’ back!”, the Dragon-Man yells lustily to the rest of the Wild Bunch. “S’all show!- Glass Jaw, an’ nothing more’!’”, they cackle.
    Geth roll 2d10 Radiant Damage
    Geth roll 1d20 Con Save (Mirror Guardian)

    Con Save (Mirror Guardian):
    1d20 19 [1d20=19]

    mrpaku on
  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    Geth roll 2d10 radiant damage

    radiant damage:
    2d10 19 [2d10=9, 10]

  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    The Mirrored Guardian watches the Shifters destroy Were-Jack, feels the burn of the moonlight on their back...but it's the growing coven of Tieflings it finally reacts to. With a great, piercing SHRIEK, the great statue jumps into the air impossibly high...falls in the direction of the Warlock and his clones, and with a deafening clang lands blade first among the Tieflings!...
    Mirrored Guardian using x1 Legendary ability to jump away from the action without invoking Attacks of Opportunity, jump over the current group, and use his Leaping Slash ability vs. Urixes and the clones!:

    Geth roll 1d20+7 Leaping Slash (Urixes/Clones)
    Geth roll 2d8 piercing damage

    Leaping Slash (Urixes/Clones):
    1d20+7 23 [1d20=16]
    piercing damage:
    2d8 4 [2d8=3, 1]

  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    Urixes smirks as he watches one of his illusions disappear in a puff of purple smoke. He reaches out with his hands, already crackling with lightning, and attempts a coordinated attack with his summoned tentacle.

    Geth, roll 2d20k1+8 for Shocking Grasp
    Geth, roll 2d8 for Lightning Damage
    Geth, roll 1d20+8 for Grasp of the Deep
    Geth, roll 1d8 for Lightning Damage

    Shocking Grasp:
    2d20k1+8 23 [2d20k1=[15], 11]
    Lightning Damage:
    2d8 7 [2d8=2, 5]
    Grasp of the Deep:
    1d20+8 24 [1d20=16]
    Lightning Damage:
    1d8 1 [1d8=1]

    AustinP0027mrpaku
  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    If those both hit, then the guardian can't take reactions until the start of its next turn and its speed is reduced by 10 feet. If that applies, Urixes will use his movement to take cover behind the furthest pillar (illusory or otherwise) that he can get to.

  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited April 15
    Both legs tugged to the earth as the Guardian stands between the members of the Wild Bunch, the statue suddenly falls upon itself, unable to stand under the conflicting pull of the tentacles and the residual, charged magic which spurts along his armor!...
    The giant Mirrored Guardian has fallen, "Prone", at your feet. Do you really let him have it? Do you get well away? How do you warn Meepo to act in this moment?

    Survival, Arcane, or Athletics to feel out the situation in the moment

    mrpaku on
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Geth, roll 1d20+3 for Survival

    Survival:
    1d20+3 20 [1d20=17]

  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    Geth, roll 1d20+3 for Survival
    .... somehow, you're all in luck. The jumble the Guardian found itself in, between the Mirror and the Sword, the almost immediate loss of it's summoned scare? It's hobbled, and on the back foot, not expecting the fight you all brought

    For once, fortune smiles upon the Wild Bunch: in it's current state, the statue won't be getting up for a few moments. Its basically open season until it gets it's feet, at which point Oak gets an unsettling feeling in his stomach...

  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    Jack himself looks taken aback at the Guardian downed before him. Did not expect it to be this easy? Well, not looking a gift statue in the plinth!

    "Right guys, let 'em have it! Your turn, sword."

    ((OOC: Using an action surge ))

    Geth, roll 2d20k1+7 for Saber Strike at Guardian
    Geth, roll 1d8+4 for Damage
    Geth, roll 2d20k1+7 for Saber Strike at Guardian
    Geth, roll 1d8+4 for Damage
    Geth, roll 2d20k1+7 for Saber Strike at Guardian
    Geth, roll 1d8+4 for Damage
    Geth, roll 2d20k1+7 for Saber Strike at Guardian
    Geth, roll 1d8+4 for Damage

    Saber Strike at Guardian:
    2d20k1+7 16 [2d20k1=[9], 2]
    Damage:
    1d8+4 7 [1d8=3]
    Saber Strike at Guardian:
    2d20k1+7 15 [2d20k1=[8], 5]
    Damage:
    1d8+4 6 [1d8=2]
    Saber Strike at Guardian:
    2d20k1+7 26 [2d20k1=[19], 1]
    Damage:
    1d8+4 7 [1d8=3]
    Saber Strike at Guardian:
    2d20k1+7 26 [2d20k1=[19], 10]
    Damage:
    1d8+4 8 [1d8=4]

    AustinP0027mrpaku
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Eyes narrowed, Oak roars in delight at the site of the statue crumpled on the ground. "Now or never!" he yells with a roar.

    He chases down the status that had jumped away, axe swinging down.


    Geth, roll 2d20k1+8 for Attack
    Geth, roll 1d12+7 for Dmg

    Geth, roll 2d20k1+8 for Attack 2
    Geth, roll 1d12+7 for Dmg 2

    Attack:
    2d20k1+8 15 [2d20k1=[7], 2]
    Dmg:
    1d12+7 12 [1d12=5]
    Attack 2:
    2d20k1+8 25 [2d20k1=[17], 14]
    Dmg 2:
    1d12+7 11 [1d12=4]

    mrpaku
  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    Urixes is already backing away when the call goes out from Oak. He's observing and considering, but he'll be damned if he doesn't also start blasting.
    Okay yeah I'll go take cover behind a pillar and then open fire.

    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Arcana Check
    Geth, roll 1d20+8 for Eldritch Blast 1
    Geth, roll 1d10+4 for Force Damage 1
    Geth, roll 1d20+8 for Eldritch Blast 2
    Geth, roll 1d10+4 for Force Damage 2
    Geth, roll 1d20+8 for Grasp of the Deep
    Geth, roll 1d8 for Lightning Damage

    Arcana Check:
    1d20+5 12 [1d20=7]
    Eldritch Blast 1:
    1d20+8 22 [1d20=14]
    Force Damage 1:
    1d10+4 12 [1d10=8]
    Eldritch Blast 2:
    1d20+8 24 [1d20=16]
    Force Damage 2:
    1d10+4 14 [1d10=10]
    Grasp of the Deep:
    1d20+8 27 [1d20=19]
    Lightning Damage:
    1d8 2 [1d8=2]

    mrpaku
  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    MEEPO
    From behind but slowly approaching the scuffle, the Kobold cheers the Wild Bunch on! "Yeh! Kick hees arse, Shif-tahs! Blast heem to bits, Urixes!" The Dragon Man calms for a moment and closes their eyes, whispering an incantation to the Sickle. With a final, audible exhalation of, "...an' may the White Dragon light yer til the end of yer days!", Meepo waves a thousand tiny magical fireflies away from his face, all of which fly far above-head, and eventually attempt to light upon the Mirrored Guardian...
    Faerie Fire: Each object in a 20-foot cube within range is outlined in an ethereal white light. Any creature in the area when the spell is cast is also outlined in light if it fails a Dexterity saving throw (DC-14). For the duration, objects and affected creatures shed dim light in a 10-foot radius.
    Any attack roll against an affected creature or object has advantage if the attacker can see it, and the affected creature or object can’t benefit from being invisible.

    Geth roll 1d20+2 Dex Save (Mirrored Guardian)

    Dex Save (Mirrored Guardian):
    1d20+2 19 [1d20=17]

  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    Returning to his feet, the Mirrored Guardian waves the fireflies away with irritation. Despite his proud demeanor, the statue has clearly been badly hurt: the face has been bashed in, some of the joints look cracked, the legs seem to flake away as he walks, and he doesn't move as fast as he once did. Finally returning to his feet, the Guardian hefts the mighty blade, and shouts: "ORDER COMES FOR YOU, WERE-BEASTS!" The giant-blade whistles through the air twice, once at Jack's head and once at Oak's....
    Geth roll 1d20+7 Great Blade (Jack)
    Geth roll 2d6+4 slashing damage
    Geth roll 2d6 radiant damage

    Geth roll 1d20+7 Great Blade (Oak)
    Geth roll 2d6+4 slashing damage
    Geth roll 2d6 radiant damage

    Great Blade (Jack):
    1d20+7 14 [1d20=7]
    slashing damage:
    2d6+4 13 [2d6=5, 4]
    radiant damage:
    2d6 12 [2d6=6, 6]
    Great Blade (Oak):
    1d20+7 14 [1d20=7]
    slashing damage:
    2d6+4 9 [2d6=1, 4]
    radiant damage:
    2d6 4 [2d6=1, 3]

  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    edited April 16
    Jack suddenly finds himself lit up and glowing like a lamp, "Oooh, pret..." He's walloped by the Guardian's swing, raising his saber just in time to deflect some of the damage, "...ow."

    Geth, roll 1d8+4 for Parry Damage Reduction

    ((OOC: Thanks Geth ))

    Parry Damage Reduction:
    1d8+4 5 [1d8=1]

    Glal on
  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    Meepo yelps out to the young Shifter, "Sorry, mate! Errr, keep yer' chin up!" The Kobold seems almost aghast at their lighting of Jack, and moves themself closer towards the melee at the North of the Cave...

  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    There's a muffled, "'s alright..." from under the mask, followed by a little dribble of blood, "Let's just get turn this jerk back into a statue, eh?"

    He grips the saber and resumes chopping at the Guardian, looking even more petite than usual against it.

    Geth, roll 1d20+7 for Saber Strike
    Geth, roll 1d8+4 for Damage
    Geth, roll 1d20+7 for Saber Strike
    Geth, roll 1d8+4 for Damage

    Saber Strike:
    1d20+7 11 [1d20=4]
    Damage:
    1d8+4 12 [1d8=8]
    Saber Strike:
    1d20+7 14 [1d20=7]
    Damage:
    1d8+4 9 [1d8=5]

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Oak ducks under a swipe, noting the guardian's attention was split between himself and Jack at the moment. Still, not all that long ago it had jumped off to attack Urixes, and he needed to make sure that didn't happen again. A loud snarl and he yells at the Guardian as he swings at it. "Damn yer Order. Dun mean nothin' out here ya overgrown stone bastard!"
    Recklessly attacking here to gain advantage. It'll have advantage on me if it attacks me next turn.

    Geth, roll 2d20k1+8 for Attack
    Geth, roll 1d12+7 for Dmg

    Geth, roll 2d20k1+8 for Attack 2
    Geth, roll 1d12+7 for Dmg 2

    Attack:
    2d20k1+8 20 [2d20k1=[12], 4]
    Dmg:
    1d12+7 9 [1d12=2]
    Attack 2:
    2d20k1+8 25 [2d20k1=[17], 4]
    Dmg 2:
    1d12+7 12 [1d12=5]

    mrpaku
  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    The last assault worked pretty well, no need to switch things up now.
    Geth, roll 1d20+8 for Eldritch Blast 1
    Geth, roll 1d10+4 for Force Damage 1
    Geth, roll 1d20+8 for Eldritch Blast 2
    Geth, roll 1d10+4 for Force Damage 2
    Geth, roll 1d20+8 for Grasp of the Deep
    Geth, roll 1d8 for Lightning Damage

    Eldritch Blast 1:
    1d20+8 19 [1d20=11]
    Force Damage 1:
    1d10+4 11 [1d10=7]
    Eldritch Blast 2:
    1d20+8 11 [1d20=3]
    Force Damage 2:
    1d10+4 10 [1d10=6]
    Grasp of the Deep:
    1d20+8 25 [1d20=17]
    Lightning Damage:
    1d8 7 [1d8=7]

  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    Jack practically dances in front of the Mirrored Guardian, sword whistling through the air but failing to find purchase against the statue. Oak takes the opportunity to charge in from the creature's other end, hacking large, rough chunks of stone from the Guardian. It looks down at the tattered arm in a building anger, pulling his shoulder up tighter and turning towards the group with a towering, righteous fury! "FOOLISH CREATURE!" The Guardian bellows. "I WILL MAKE YOU ALL P...", but the speech is cut off by a bolt of eldritch energy from where the Tieflings stand, followed by a tentacle wrenching at its bad leg...

    From the south, Meepo approaches the group, huffing and still in awe/terror of the Guardian. Holding the Sickle above his head, the Kobold steels himself, planting his pads firmly into the dirt and taking a deep breath. "Al'reet, White Dragon...less' try this again! Give em' a touch o' the Moonlight..." The dragon-man begins to whisper a Blessing: first to Jack, then to Oak, then to Urixes...
    Bless-You bless up to three creatures of your choice within range. Whenever a target makes an attack roll or a saving throw before the spell ends, the target can roll a d4 and add the number rolled to the attack roll or saving throw.
    Meanwhile, the Mirrored Guardian, having sustained tremendous punishment, suddenly explodes outwards with white light from deep within! The soul housed inside the contraption howls like a freight train, nearly driving the Wild Bunch to their knees! The brilliant ball of energy which emanates from the Guardian quickly dims, coming to rest in six pinpricks of light which circle the statue's brow. The Mirrored Guardian, eyes now glowing, and white lights seeping out from every crack and orifice, raises his blade, and let's out an-almost bestial howl! From what seems to be everywhere all at once, it attacks!...
    In standard, scary Big-Boss fashion, the Guardian (having now been reduced to roughly half-health) gets another Legendary Action, and gets Quicker!

    The Mirrored Guardian casts (a Radiant flavored version of) "Melf's Minute Meteors" as his Legendary Action:
    Order's Oscillating Orbs-You create six tiny orbs in your space. They float in the air and orbit you for the spell’s duration. When you cast the spell — and as a bonus action on each of your turns thereafter — you can expend one or two of the meteors, sending them streaking toward a point or points you choose within 120 feet of you. Once a meteor reaches its destination or impacts against a solid surface, the meteor explodes. Each creature within 5 feet of the point where the meteor explodes must make a Dexterity saving throw (DC-13). A creature takes 2d6 radiant damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.

    The Guardian will be shooting off two of the orbs this turn as a Bonus Action: one at Urixes, one at Meepo (which will break his Concentration, rendering his "Bless" meaningless). The Guardian will also be making a Quick Multi-attack: one "Shield Bash" vs. Jack, and two "Great Blade" attacks vs Oak! Jack, on a successful Shield Bash, please roll a Strength Check, DC-18 or be knocked Prone and pushed ten feet (on a success, you won't be pushed or Prone!)

    Geth roll 2d6 radiant damage (vs. Multiple-Urixes))
    Geth roll 2d6 radiant damage (vs. Meepo)
    Geth roll 1d20-1 Dex Save (Meepo)

    Geth roll 1d20+7 Shield Bash (Jack)
    Geth roll 2d4+4 bludgeoning

    Geth roll 1d20+7 Great Blade (Oak)
    Geth roll 2d6+4 slashing
    Geth roll 2d6 radiant
    Geth roll 1d20+7 Great Blade (Oak)
    Geth roll 2d6+4 slashing
    Geth roll 2d6 radiant

    radiant damage (vs. Multiple-Urixes)):
    2d6 8 [2d6=5, 3]
    radiant damage (vs. Meepo):
    2d6 7 [2d6=4, 3]
    Dex Save (Meepo):
    1d20-1 4 [1d20=5]
    Shield Bash (Jack):
    1d20+7 14 [1d20=7]
    bludgeoning:
    2d4+4 7 [2d4=2, 1]
    Great Blade (Oak):
    1d20+7 16 [1d20=9]
    slashing:
    2d6+4 11 [2d6=1, 6]
    radiant:
    2d6 7 [2d6=6, 1]
    Great Blade (Oak):
    1d20+7 19 [1d20=12]
    slashing:
    2d6+4 10 [2d6=3, 3]
    radiant:
    2d6 7 [2d6=6, 1]

  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    ((OOC: Wouldn't Meepo still get to do a DC 10 CON save to keep the spell up? ))

    mrpaku
  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited April 19
    Glal wrote: »
    ((OOC: Wouldn't Meepo still get to do a DC 10 CON save to keep the spell up? ))

    OOC: Well yes, yes they would! And thanks again for the assist Glal; glad you guys picked a spellcaster for your fourth, because I clearly need more experience using/deploying them against you!

    Geth roll 1d20+3 Con Save (Meepo)

    Edit: Meepo's Bless spell holds on the group! Don't forget to add those d4s!

    Con Save (Meepo):
    1d20+3 13 [1d20=10]

    mrpaku on
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Oak squeezes his eyes shut as the guardian explodes in a blast of light. As he's blinking the dots out of his sight, the great sword connects with him. He should feel the strong pain, but he's so overcome with the anger that this thing keeps attacking everyone else that he barely recognizes the blood spatter that belongs to him.

    Raising his axe again, the swings down hard on the guardian's center. It was dangerous, and the only way for Oak to mitigate that danger was going to be to put it down for good.
    Geth, roll 2d20k1+1d4+8 for Attack
    Geth, roll 1d12+7 for Dmg

    Geth, roll 2d20k1+1d4+8 for Attack 2
    Geth, roll 1d12+7 for Dmg 2

    Attack:
    2d20k1+1d4+8 18 [2d20k1=[8], 7] [1d4=2]
    Dmg:
    1d12+7 12 [1d12=5]
    Attack 2:
    2d20k1+1d4+8 27 [2d20k1=[18], 11] [1d4=1]
    Dmg 2:
    1d12+7 10 [1d12=3]

    mrpaku
  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    "It looks to be wavering, keep at it guys, I think we haWHOAH!" Jack raises his free arm to protect his eyes, almost getting pushed back physically by the light's sheer intensity. "Okay, maybe not. Redouble the efforts then!"

    He narrowly dodges the huge shield and slips beside it to resume hacking at the thing's legs.

    Geth, roll 1d20+1d4+7 for Saber Strike
    Geth, roll 1d8+4 for Damage
    Geth, roll 1d20+1d4+7 for Saber Strike
    Geth, roll 1d8+4 for Damage

    Saber Strike:
    1d20+1d4+7 12 [1d20=4] [1d4=1]
    Damage:
    1d8+4 6 [1d8=2]
    Saber Strike:
    1d20+1d4+7 17 [1d20=7] [1d4=3]
    Damage:
    1d8+4 12 [1d8=8]

  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    ((OOC: He's going to apply Menacing Attack to that landing hit, WIS save 15 or become Frightened (disadvantage on attack and ability rolls until Jack's EoNT) ))

    Geth, roll 1d8 for Extra Damage

    Extra Damage:
    1d8 6 [1d8=6]

    mrpaku
  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    Geth roll 1d20 Wisdom (Mirror Guardian)

    Wisdom (Mirror Guardian):
    1d20 17 [1d20=17]

  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    ((OOC: Constructs are fearless ))

    mrpakuAustinP0027
Sign In or Register to comment.