As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[MCU] Time Is A Flat Circle

BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Fighting The Rising OddsRegistered User, Moderator mod


Never mind that, who's playing Andy the Android?

TRAILERS!!

WandaVision



Loki



Falcon and the Winter Soldier



What If..?



Also, other shows and actors have been confirmed in the latest release from corporate bastards Disney.
  1. Secret Invasion series with Nick Fury and Talos!
  2. Ironheart series!
  3. Christian Bale as Gor in the new Thor movie!
  4. Kang as the bad guy in Ant Man & The Wasp 3: Quantumania!
  5. Armour Wars with War Machine, probably spelt differently because it's American!
  6. FF movie directed by Spider-Man director John Watts!
  7. America Chavez will be in Doctor Strange 2!
  8. Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special, which could be good or maybe self-indulgent tosh, who knows!

Bogart on
AtomikaDracomicronMsAnthropyzepherin
«13456757

Posts

  • daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    I have zero issues with this casting. I have many issues with Disney keeping all the good stuff on their streaming service.

    Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • tbloxhamtbloxham Registered User regular
    She was clearly excellent in orphan black although I didn't care for the show myself, I'm sure she can do the character justice. Although I do hope that they remember that a big part of the she hulk character is that (unlike hulk) she is transformed the whole time and loves it.

    "That is cool" - Abraham Lincoln
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Fighting The Rising Odds Registered User, Moderator mod
    I doubt they'd have gotten Maslany if the whole job was going to be mocap.

  • tbloxhamtbloxham Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    I doubt they'd have gotten Maslany if the whole job was going to be mocap.

    Doesn't have to be. She hulk looks like a big green woman, you could do it with costumes, cgi and body paint. She works as lawyer as she hulk in a business suit.

    "That is cool" - Abraham Lincoln
  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    daveNYC wrote: »
    I have zero issues with this casting. I have many issues with Disney keeping all the good stuff on their streaming service.

    They want people to subscribe, why wouldn’t they put their content on that platform?

    NobeardGnome-InterruptusGiantGeek2020EtheamcdermottKing Riptor
  • tbloxhamtbloxham Registered User regular
    Though, now I read more about it I realize that I also think that Alison Brie from Glow would have been a better pick. Both strong actresses though, I just hope they respect the relatively hopeful and positive tone of the source material. She hulk is a pretty happy character. She likes being she hulk and views that as her identity.

    "That is cool" - Abraham Lincoln
    BlackDragon480
  • GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    tbloxham wrote: »
    Though, now I read more about it I realize that I also think that Alison Brie from Glow would have been a better pick. Both strong actresses though, I just hope they respect the relatively hopeful and positive tone of the source material. She hulk is a pretty happy character. She likes being she hulk and views that as her identity.

    Interestingly enough, that's changed a bunch in recent years; psychological trauma involving the death of bruce and warmachine gave her a mental breakdown and led to her developing new hulk forms (the newest being reminicent of savage hulk in both mass and brevity)

    Richy wrote: »
    But I think the resistance I’m getting more has to do with “rawr! Loklar said it! Rage!” than anything else.

    No, it has to do with the fact that you're done nothing but throw lies, blatant flasehoods, and downright dumb statements at us so far.
  • Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    “Hulk mode the whole time and loving it” is a good hook, but it seems...redundant when they already went there with Bruce.

  • lunchbox12682lunchbox12682 MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    tbloxham wrote: »
    Though, now I read more about it I realize that I also think that Alison Brie from Glow would have been a better pick. Both strong actresses though, I just hope they respect the relatively hopeful and positive tone of the source material. She hulk is a pretty happy character. She likes being she hulk and views that as her identity.

    Yeah, but there was the whole series about her not forgetting that she was Jen Walters also. I expect they'll use that to not use make up/cgi all of the time.

  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    She isn't actually loving it, but that whole thing is hopefully confined to comics.

  • daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    Marathon wrote: »
    daveNYC wrote: »
    I have zero issues with this casting. I have many issues with Disney keeping all the good stuff on their streaming service.

    They want people to subscribe, why wouldn’t they put their content on that platform?

    It makes good business sense, so does altering the nicotine content of cigarettes. But I'm not looking to sign up to so many streaming services that their total bill dwarfs my old cable bill, and Disney+ isn't available in my country in any case. So I continue to not be a fan of their plan.

    Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    Honestly, one of the most interesting parts of the gamma mutates in general is how the psychology of an individual impacts the form they take; Sterns went from being a middling janitor to a super genius with mind control powers, Blonsky was locked in at a higher baseline strength level then the hulk but also couldn't change back, Samson had a sort of idealized version of himself... There was a lot that came out of the incredibly simple concept of being a raging radioative monster.

    Richy wrote: »
    But I think the resistance I’m getting more has to do with “rawr! Loklar said it! Rage!” than anything else.

    No, it has to do with the fact that you're done nothing but throw lies, blatant flasehoods, and downright dumb statements at us so far.
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    And now Immortal Hulk is basically the best book Marvel has at the moment.

    GaddezDizzy DBlackDragon480
  • MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    tbloxham wrote: »
    Bogart wrote: »
    I doubt they'd have gotten Maslany if the whole job was going to be mocap.

    Doesn't have to be. She hulk looks like a big green woman, you could do it with costumes, cgi and body paint. She works as lawyer as she hulk in a business suit.

    I see that being the issue, as Maslany is only ~5'4", and not overtly swol.

    I mean, Ive got faith that Marvel and Maslany can pull off an entertaining movie. Just not sure it'll hew that closely to the source material regarding phsical characteristics. And I'm fine with that.

    Loved her in OB. Still weirds me out that every time I see her, including the post in Bogart's quoted tweet, I never see 'her'. It's always "Hey, that person kinda looks like Maslany, barely, if I tilt my head and squint.". I'm usually good on facial recognition, but not with her.

  • Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    daveNYC wrote: »
    Marathon wrote: »
    daveNYC wrote: »
    I have zero issues with this casting. I have many issues with Disney keeping all the good stuff on their streaming service.

    They want people to subscribe, why wouldn’t they put their content on that platform?

    It makes good business sense, so does altering the nicotine content of cigarettes. But I'm not looking to sign up to so many streaming services that their total bill dwarfs my old cable bill, and Disney+ isn't available in my country in any case. So I continue to not be a fan of their plan.

    Don’t worry, someone’s going to invent a streaming service aggregation service and swing the pendulum back

    Kayne Red Robe
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    I mean, even before Disney+, their 'premium' shows were all on Netflix. Agents of SHIELD was pretty much the only decent MCU series made for broadcast?

  • MancingtomMancingtom Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Scooter wrote: »
    I mean, even before Disney+, their 'premium' shows were all on Netflix. Agents of SHIELD was pretty much the only decent MCU series made for broadcast?

    Excuse you?
    agent-carter-1280x720.jpg

    Mancingtom on
    MorganVjoshgotroMonwynZonugallunchbox12682SnicketysnickShadowenBlackDragon480BobbleShadowfireJoolanderForarGiantGeek2020boogedybooVisskarRickRudeTofystedethEtheaSleepQuidMvrckMsAnthropystopgap
  • lunchbox12682lunchbox12682 MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    Mancingtom wrote: »
    Scooter wrote: »
    I mean, even before Disney+, their 'premium' shows were all on Netflix. Agents of SHIELD was pretty much the only decent MCU series made for broadcast?

    Excuse you?
    agent-carter-1280x720.jpg

    You're not wrong, but that was an psuedo-AoS spinoff anyway. (Yes, obviously also from Cap 1).

  • Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    I don't know anything about She-Hulk, but I like Maslany. I hope she gets to be in the movies, too. As much as I hate D+, having everything under one channel might make the back and forth between TV and movies easier, and she's a movie caliber actor.

  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    She-Hulk, was essentially their 4th wall breaking character through the 80s and 90s. She's generally light hearted, fun, witty, and self aware.

    BlackDragon480Stabbity StyleBobble
  • Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Mancingtom wrote: »
    Scooter wrote: »
    I mean, even before Disney+, their 'premium' shows were all on Netflix. Agents of SHIELD was pretty much the only decent MCU series made for broadcast?

    Excuse you?

    Eh, Agent Carter started off with a lot of potential but I legit started falling asleep trying to watch the show as it went on. Also, they leaned way too hard into the campiness and it became difficult to take the show seriously.

    Doctor DetroitRedTideeMoanderThis
  • AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Don't want to bump the agents of shield thread for my slow ass, but I just watched the finale and it was a nice send-off for the characters. I wish they would make more stuff of that quality level.

    I don't really have hopes for she hulk. Well, no... hopes, because I like the character, but no expectations because a marvel show being good has become the exception not the rule.

    Aistan on
    steam_sig.png
  • RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    Well we're about to enter the third age of Marvel TV so we'll see where it falls on the quality scale both in its first outing and subsequent ones.

    RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    RedTide wrote: »
    Well we're about to enter the third age of Marvel TV so we'll see where it falls on the quality scale both in its first outing and subsequent ones.

    What was the second?

    Twitch Channel
    Steam: munkus_beaver
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
    http://www.ccfa.org/
  • RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    Agents of Shield and Agent Carter, Netflix Shows, now Disney Plus

    RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
    Gnome-Interruptus
  • GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    She-Hulk, was essentially their 4th wall breaking character through the 80s and 90s. She's generally light hearted, fun, witty, and self aware.

    Not so much these days; Jen's rocking a sort of savage vibe these days.

    Richy wrote: »
    But I think the resistance I’m getting more has to do with “rawr! Loklar said it! Rage!” than anything else.

    No, it has to do with the fact that you're done nothing but throw lies, blatant flasehoods, and downright dumb statements at us so far.
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Gaddez wrote: »
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    She-Hulk, was essentially their 4th wall breaking character through the 80s and 90s. She's generally light hearted, fun, witty, and self aware.

    Not so much these days; Jen's rocking a sort of savage vibe these days.

    Yeah, but that sucks.

    RingoTexiKenJoolanderEtiowsaHappylilElf
  • GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Gaddez wrote: »
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    She-Hulk, was essentially their 4th wall breaking character through the 80s and 90s. She's generally light hearted, fun, witty, and self aware.

    Not so much these days; Jen's rocking a sort of savage vibe these days.

    Yeah, but that sucks.

    Not really; the reason this particular iteration emerged was because Jen was tired of not being taken seriously as a superhero, and a desire to be recognized as a powerhouse like her cousin.

    Richy wrote: »
    But I think the resistance I’m getting more has to do with “rawr! Loklar said it! Rage!” than anything else.

    No, it has to do with the fact that you're done nothing but throw lies, blatant flasehoods, and downright dumb statements at us so far.
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Edit: Sorry, that was shitty

    Fencingsax on
  • RingoRingo He/Him Bury me at Lone Tree DenRegistered User regular
    Gaddez wrote: »
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Gaddez wrote: »
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    She-Hulk, was essentially their 4th wall breaking character through the 80s and 90s. She's generally light hearted, fun, witty, and self aware.

    Not so much these days; Jen's rocking a sort of savage vibe these days.

    Yeah, but that sucks.

    Not really; the reason this particular iteration emerged was because Jen was tired of not being taken seriously as a superhero, and a desire to be recognized as a powerhouse like her cousin.

    It is a very polarizing take on the character for fans of Jen's previous characterization. Some of us feel that Jen being intent on not being like Bruce Banner was part of the appeal, and a complete reversal of that is just needless sabotage.

    Also being that almost every gamma irradiated character in the Hulk line is already subject to the 'anger issues' characterization, did we really need Jen to move into the same space?

    So yeah, it sucks

    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
    TexiKenAistanFencingsaxBobblePolaritieGnome-InterruptusBlackDragon480Etiowsatbloxham
  • TexiKenTexiKen DOOG Registered User regular
    This is what makes me wonder what they're going to do. Jen liking being She-Hulk is her thing. It's cool and stands out compared to the other loser heroes. But in the MCU we currently have Smart Hulk who seems to take that spot without even trying to showcase that journey, and you can make the point by having Tony embrace being Iron Man from the start it's already happened. And they've recently tried to Linkin Park Jen in the comics and make her have sads, when she's at her best being the Byrne/Gerber/Slott levity hero.

    Maslany I can see doing both aspects of the character, I just don't know where their commitment to the actual She-Hulk will be in terms of budget. I get that she's only 5'4" and in Hollywood that makes her 6'2", Shulkie is always 7' and I don't see the look succeeding without CGI mocap. It's why I thought they would just go with Elizabeth Debicki.

  • GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    Ringo wrote: »
    Gaddez wrote: »
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Gaddez wrote: »
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    She-Hulk, was essentially their 4th wall breaking character through the 80s and 90s. She's generally light hearted, fun, witty, and self aware.

    Not so much these days; Jen's rocking a sort of savage vibe these days.

    Yeah, but that sucks.

    Not really; the reason this particular iteration emerged was because Jen was tired of not being taken seriously as a superhero, and a desire to be recognized as a powerhouse like her cousin.

    It is a very polarizing take on the character for fans of Jen's previous characterization. Some of us feel that Jen being intent on not being like Bruce Banner was part of the appeal, and a complete reversal of that is just needless sabotage.

    Also being that almost every gamma irradiated character in the Hulk line is already subject to the 'anger issues' characterization, did we really need Jen to move into the same space?

    So yeah, it sucks

    And as someone who likes to see characters grow and change I have a differing view, with Jen's tapping into new aspects of her gamma state being a step forward from what was basically a lime green mary-sue.

    So while I can appreciate where you're coming from, I'd hope that you can understand where I am at.

    Richy wrote: »
    But I think the resistance I’m getting more has to do with “rawr! Loklar said it! Rage!” than anything else.

    No, it has to do with the fact that you're done nothing but throw lies, blatant flasehoods, and downright dumb statements at us so far.
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Maslany I can see doing both aspects of the character, I just don't know where their commitment to the actual She-Hulk will be in terms of budget. I get that she's only 5'4" and in Hollywood that makes her 6'2", Shulkie is always 7' and I don't see the look succeeding without CGI mocap. It's why I thought they would just go with Elizabeth Debicki.

    You recognize these same constraints are applied to Mark Ruffalo? And that nobody seems to really care?

    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
    Forar
  • NobeardNobeard North Carolina: Failed StateRegistered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Maslany I can see doing both aspects of the character, I just don't know where their commitment to the actual She-Hulk will be in terms of budget. I get that she's only 5'4" and in Hollywood that makes her 6'2", Shulkie is always 7' and I don't see the look succeeding without CGI mocap. It's why I thought they would just go with Elizabeth Debicki.

    You recognize these same constraints are applied to Mark Ruffalo? And that nobody seems to really care?

    Because Ruffalo Hulk was and is always CGI. Is Shulk gonna be CGI? If not, actor size matters.

    I'm not saying we are going to have an autocratic dystopia, but things keep happening that look like they come from an autocratic dystopia.
    RingoMorganVTexiKenAistanMild ConfusionQuid
  • KetherialKetherial Registered User regular
    daveNYC wrote: »
    Marathon wrote: »
    daveNYC wrote: »
    I have zero issues with this casting. I have many issues with Disney keeping all the good stuff on their streaming service.

    They want people to subscribe, why wouldn’t they put their content on that platform?

    It makes good business sense, so does altering the nicotine content of cigarettes. But I'm not looking to sign up to so many streaming services that their total bill dwarfs my old cable bill, and Disney+ isn't available in my country in any case. So I continue to not be a fan of their plan.

    that can't actually be true, can it? i mean cable cost like $100 a month. right now spectrum is junk mailing me to death about their awesome low cost plan of $45 a month for broadcast tv, which i get for free with my digital antenna.

    disney+ costs $70 a year. that's less than 1 month of cable. even if you add netflix, hulu and maybe hbo max, it still shouldn't cost $1200 a year.

    Gnome-InterruptusKanaQuid
  • joshgotrojoshgotro Almost Indiana Registered User regular
    Ketherial wrote: »
    daveNYC wrote: »
    Marathon wrote: »
    daveNYC wrote: »
    I have zero issues with this casting. I have many issues with Disney keeping all the good stuff on their streaming service.

    They want people to subscribe, why wouldn’t they put their content on that platform?

    It makes good business sense, so does altering the nicotine content of cigarettes. But I'm not looking to sign up to so many streaming services that their total bill dwarfs my old cable bill, and Disney+ isn't available in my country in any case. So I continue to not be a fan of their plan.

    that can't actually be true, can it? i mean cable cost like $100 a month. right now spectrum is junk mailing me to death about their awesome low cost plan of $45 a month for broadcast tv, which i get for free with my digital antenna.

    disney+ costs $70 a year. that's less than 1 month of cable. even if you add netflix, hulu and maybe hbo max, it still shouldn't cost $1200 a year.

    Disney+ $7.48
    Prime $6.94
    Netflix $17.11
    Piggy backing off my upstairs neighbors WiFi $10

    $41.53 a month.

    And that's not even the most cost effective way to get Disney/Prime.

    does it?
  • GyralGyral Registered User regular
    Yeah, we dropped cable and went Hulu Plus/Amazon/Netflix and we pay probably 60-80 dollars less a month. And considering how shit the local cable is, I don't miss anything.

    25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
    Gnome-InterruptusMild ConfusionKanaDracomicronQuidstopgap
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular

    Local H JayMartini_PhilosopherShadowfiretzeentchlingGaddezjoshgotroDark Raven XBrainiac 8TOGSolidEchoKruiteManetherenWolfNobeardMild ConfusionTofystedethHerrCronBobbleCapt HowdyMcFodderKanaspool32EtheaStabbity StylegrumblethornDacXaquinHavelock2.0FoolOnTheHillQuidHappylilElfRichystopgap
  • Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    How do you drop cable? When I ask Comcast to drop cable, they threaten to raise internet price by $50. Then they ask if I want to save money by getting 6 new landlines installed and calling it a "bundle".

    Kayne Red Robe
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    How do you drop cable? When I ask Comcast to drop cable, they threaten to raise internet price by $50. Then they ask if I want to save money by getting 6 new landlines installed and calling it a "bundle".
    joshgotro wrote: »
    Piggy backing off my upstairs neighbors WiFi $10

    joshgotroGiantGeek2020MichaelLC
Sign In or Register to comment.