As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] I am free to pursue my real dreams: Hip Hop

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Fry wrote: Β»
    Terra hero ability is super good, btw. The last hit does maximum damage every time, even when the early hits are doing shit damage because you lost element aura and the enemy has a super wall up. Would recommend if you're using her

Indeed. If you have a cap-breaking tool for her, it's super good. I have her Wind Sync and Fire Awakening, and it's a particularly silly combo when used with her Hero Ability (you can get Riot Blade to trigger at least 4 and possibly 5 times in a single turn after using command 2 on the previous turn).

So, on the subject of that wind team clear, I wonder if I could manage something similar? I do not have Alphinaud's Awakening, but I do have his Chain (and so can use him in place of Faris), and I do have another Wind Awakening, but it's a bit tricky to use properly.

The possible team is this:
    • Terra (Wind Sync, Fire Awakening, Wind USB)
    • Ultimecia (USB1, Awakening, OSB, Arcane)
    • Alphinaud (SSB, Chain, Glint+, Glint, Bubsy)
    • Emperor (Awakening 1, Awakening 2, Enwind BSB, Arcane)
    • Elarra (USB1, Awakening, Glint+)

Like, I want to think this is a decent team to use, but then I get to the bit where you said you already had an AOdin for this fight equipped.

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    oh don't worry @Jragghen I'm with you. Like with the way banners are coming these days, I feel (I might be wrong) I'm not seeing a say this is the Wind Odin banner. That's probably why I'm more interested in doing DBs because the banners lately are explicitly hey if you need relics to clear you can try this. I mean in theory you could try that Water banner right now but oh wait no Water weak wodin.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    also the whole 4.5 DBL relics in the mastery survey is REALLY discouraging. edit: for Wodin

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: Β»
    Terra hero ability is super good, btw. The last hit does maximum damage every time, even when the early hits are doing shit damage because you lost element aura and the enemy has a super wall up. Would recommend if you're using her

Indeed. If you have a cap-breaking tool for her, it's super good. I have her Wind Sync and Fire Awakening, and it's a particularly silly combo when used with her Hero Ability (you can get Riot Blade to trigger at least 4 and possibly 5 times in a single turn after using command 2 on the previous turn).

So, on the subject of that wind team clear, I wonder if I could manage something similar? I do not have Alphinaud's Awakening, but I do have his Chain (and so can use him in place of Faris), and I do have another Wind Awakening, but it's a bit tricky to use properly.

Like, I want to think this is a decent team to use, but then I get to the bit where you said you already had an AOdin for this fight equipped.

That's certainly plausible, especially since you have better Terra stuff than I do (that Sync!).

I did a LOT of tries with Fujin chain, and it just did not seem as good as Faris with her imperil. Weirdly, the missing +50% MAG buff did not seem especially noticeable.

If you give it a try, I'd recommend holding on to your Valerie magicite until the turn before Zantetsuken. I've got the Elarra healing script fairly well documented in my reddit post.

• Options

That's certainly plausible, especially since you have better Terra stuff than I do (that Sync!).

I did a LOT of tries with Fujin chain, and it just did not seem as good as Faris with her imperil. Weirdly, the missing +50% MAG buff did not seem especially noticeable.

If you give it a try, I'd recommend holding on to your Valerie magicite until the turn before Zantetsuken. I've got the Elarra healing script fairly well documented in my reddit post.

The best option I have for imperils is probably just Emperor. His Awakening is flawed (the reason I'd need his BSB is because it doesn't give him Enwind), but it does do a bit of Imperil Wind every second spell he uses.

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    XIII: Raines LMR (dupe)
    XII: Fran BSB2

I knew it, I pulled a Thief and stole my luck from the future. My past self got all the luck during the last fest and I'm condemned to pull dupes and 5*s until Sarda is released as the final boss before FFRK2.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    First decent pull, Fran Ice Chain.

Didn't need it, but at least it's not a dupe.

• Options
    2 items from XII. Ashe’s Arcane, and Penelo’s LMR (dualcast white)

Ashe’s Arcane continues to make her my best Lightning Mage. So can’t complain there.

Penelo’s LMR is... kinda useless, actually. She has almost completely spun off into Dance, with her USB2 and Awakening. Even her Sync commands are classed as Dance. Ah well.

• Options
    Well I've got Larsa's LMR. Paired up with his AASB is actually quite good (Heal all chance after heal). It's no Sync or AASB but it's useful.

• Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    Got the OSB-dupe silence threatened me with, this lotr is not working out so far.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    OH SHIT. I forgot about the Water Choco event. LOL gotta farm that real quick

• Options

That one doesn't close for another 10 days.

What you need to mash out if you haven't done so yet is the FFXI event.

• Options

That one doesn't close for another 10 days.

What you need to mash out if you haven't done so yet is the FFXI event.

lol you're right. oh man I kinda hate that the schedule got so wonky. I kinda wanted the FFX event to be before the fest.

• Options
    rattletraprattletrap Registered User regular
    I just stone cold murdered the Zero Dreambreaker on my first try. Rem Sync+AASB is just plain broken.

Other stuff on my team was:
    Ace CSB+AASB
    Deuce AASB+USB chase
    Cinque AASB and G+
    Cater imperil/entrust, no SB used

Clear time was 32s and I'm pretty sure I can optimize to get it below 30.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Yeah if rem is killing other dreambreakers I would hope she can kill her own. Just missing that AASB

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    I can't field the relics or figure out current bosses:

https://youtu.be/ajGgNGNzuio

While the future promises even more complicated and relic gated bosses, with extra damage barriers to stall your efforts:

Latest difficulty - https://youtu.be/WQHMCgJckL8

• Options
    regarding the second video (which I saw earlier this morning) it looks like it's basically the escalation of:

-Oh we heard you loved to skip phases in Magicites so we're gonna screw you over (DB fights)
    -Oh we heard you skipped Phase 2 in DBs, so we're gonna screw you over (Cardia Bahamut fights)
    -Oh we heard you skipped Phase 3 in Bahamut, so we're gonna screw you over (Labyrinth fights)

Powercreep should take care of the above. Except that this is seasonal content. We still don't know how bad they're gonna screw us with timed rewards so for now, I won't stress that much about it.

OTOH I was like Rydia, you have a LB there man just waste a turn on it.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    I'm definitely getting FOMO for future timed content. The complexity creep is outrageous.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Meanwhile I can't auto the stupid type-0 torment dungeon. Even bought the overdrive. Nothing. 1% and he wipes me with interrupt and chain attacks.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    rattletraprattletrap Registered User regular
    Type 0 is pretty poor for auto-ing, not least because there is a dispel mixed in there.

• Options
    Yeah I only have one Auto Torment team (8).

I can't even make an Auto Dodin team.

• Options
    edited December 2020
    Eh I'll just lose the rat tails then. I can't be bothered to manual out the battle four however many times on every torment.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam

• Options
    edited December 2020
    Oh, hm. I was recently informed about Sice's BSB, and it turns out to be pretty nice tech for T-0 Cardia. In addition to the standard 8 attacks, it also boosts the party's ATK/MND. It also hits them with a 30-second Doom, but ATK/MND is a relatively rare buff, and works well if you're running a mostly physical team that also has Rem.

I say it's good for T-0 Cardia, because I can't think of too many other situations where you'd want a hybrid ATK/MND team with a Dark attacker. Unless you just really need a boosted healer (which is perfectly understandable).

Enlong on
  • Options
    For auto battles against things that Dispel, I have Elarra go Glint+ into AASB into Hastega spam into USB regenga, usually gets the job done.

• Options
    Oh right, there isn't a huge penalty for one off realm anymore huh?

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Yeah, I do the same for my auto teams, but with Aerith (since she's the one I've got G+ with, and her LM2 can trigger a medical, too). She features in...6? Of my auto teams.

Also shit, I forgot to save my T-0 team.

• Options
    Aerith is hilarious. Her Hero Ability is a Medica, which trades speed for power. Her LM2 can trigger a Medica after any White Magic Spell triggers, and she has a lensable LMR for dualcast. The LM2 can trigger on a dualcast.

Her Awakening makes that even crazier; it reduces the delay of white magic, and triggers a chase Medica Spell after any white magic. The LM2 can trigger off of this chase spell. This means that on any given turn, she will heal everyone at least twice, and as many as 6 times if you’re lucky. It’s amazing.

• Options
    edited December 2020
    God, I am so fucking sick of the Rage mechanic. Every time they stack another layer on top of the whole thing, it just feels worse and worse to play against.

* oh, you found an unusual strategy to take advantage of the +damage -defense rages? Ok, all rages now boost damage, defense, and speed.
    * You’re able to reliably OSB every turn to clear rages? Ok, rages can now stack up to 3 times.
    * You have a good Awakening that can clear 3 rages in a turn? Bosses can now retaliate with a rage buff in response to damage thresholds.
    * You’ve decided to wait around until all your damage is lined up? Every phase has a hard enrage, which can be sped up with rage (or triggers if they’re at full rage at the time).
    * You finally got 6-star magicites, whose damage is tuned to always break rage? It’s not enough to break rage anymore against AOdin; fuck you. The phrase of the day is β€œplanned obsolescence”.

Maybe I’m just mad because I just lost a fight. But like, goddamn. If I can barely reach 80% health using an Awakening/Sync combo? And if 6 guaranteed cap-breaking hits in a turn results in Odin having more Rage then when I started? Then I legit don’t know what to even try anymore.

Enlong on
  • Options
    Unfortunately, that's kind of what they signed up for from a game design standpoint when they decided to start rolling out Awakenings; quadrupling the amount of damage a character can put out in a turn does screwy things to the underlying math of the game. Not unlike how, early in the game, they added Sentinel Grimoire and cut the party received damage by 75%.

One of the things I like about DFFOO is they've been pretty conservative about power creep; an extra 20% here and 15% there adds up over time, but it doesn't immediately take a dump on the game balance the way +300% does.

• Options
  • Options
    Speaking of their balance and I know its hard to balance 200 characters or whatever but wow take another whack at healers.
    Swapped Deuce to Elarra.
    Died at 40 seconds 1% of health left on boss > Kill at 10.97 seconds.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    XI: Lion AOSB (dupe)
    X: Wakka G+

The X/water team gets ever more stacked.

• Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Tidus SASB!(1)

Complaining works, so I guess I'll complain some more about how this is a very unremarkable SASB. Great animation though with the entire party joining in on some blitzball.

Maytag on
    3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    It's really stupid that esuna doesn't heal sap

• Options
    damn. Dupe Eiko AOSB. I guess my lucky Sync run on BF will result on this bad streak.

• Options
    7*!

...vivi limit overstrike. Goddamn it, thought I got zidane sync

• Options
    IX: Eiko AASB! That's a remarkably good one for a magic wind team. Not sure if she's got enough power to work as the sole healer, but that's perfectly workable for an off-healer.

• Options
    Which one she has two

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    I got her en-wind one, which seems more useful (aside from the Last Stand).