As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] I am free to pursue my real dreams: Hip Hop

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    For instance, if we ever get a fight where we need to kill a bunch of enemies who are immune to everything but Bio damage, you’ll wish you could make more Penalty Snipes.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Or we will use whatever bio ability that event launches with. But 3 years of ignoring bio why stop now?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Quad Foul might actually have niche use cases now, supports like Quina may want to use them in Cardia

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Wow. Two weeks without an event.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    ArcTangent wrote: »

What?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    man finally something useful after this LOTROP. I used my realm ticket from the missions on 1.

Dupe Matoya USB and....FF1 Realm Chain. A bit late after Greg but this is REALLY good.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    38thDoe wrote: »

What?

Next event by datamined dates isn't until October 8th.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Another niche use for Southern Cross and Ultima: take them to Bio Odin with an ice chain. You get the chain bonus on those attacks when they are doing non-elemental damage (or Bio damage, in Ultima's case)

• Options
    Did an FFV Ticket. Krile’s Bubsy and Kelger’s Glint.

Not sure if Krile is better worn this or her other Fire USB, but I’ll try it out.

Kelger... man, he’s so close to getting on my Earth teams again, but now I’ve got nearly everything except his Awakening. I wonder how much he can do with Glint, Ultra, and Arcane.

• Options
    edited September 2020
    MVP newsletter only mentions XIV as an upcoming regular event, on October 8.

Sounds like the festival will have (at least) five tickets for a special draw (10 items, one guaranteed 6*)

Transcendent boss this time around is Warring Triad

Reddit notes that for veterans, it shouldn't be hard to set up a team to auto the lowest difficulty torments. Now that torments have Auto Run, that's a reasonable way to grind magia if you don't want to set up a macro to run Fabul

Fry on
  • Options
    Enlong wrote: »
    Did an FFV Ticket. Krile’s Bubsy and Kelger’s Glint.

Not sure if Krile is better worn this or her other Fire USB, but I’ll try it out.

Kelger... man, he’s so close to getting on my Earth teams again, but now I’ve got nearly everything except his Awakening. I wonder how much he can do with Glint, Ultra, and Arcane.

Man with Bubsys I still don't know if it's better to go skill > lv3 command > skill > Bubsy again or lv 2 command > skill > skill > lv 2 command > Bubsy again (for those that are only OSB strikes) . They're so clunky to use.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular

What?

Next event by datamined dates isn't until October 8th.

We don't usually get events during fests, right?

• Options
    We usually get one right before the fest that lasts through it.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    So what's everyone's AASB/AOSB hone situation? Anyone max?

I've got Rinoa and Bartz AASB1 at 7/15 (so max damage boost, getting into delay range), and 5 different AOSBs at rank 5 (max damage boost).

• Options
    Not yet on any of those, but I'll be looking at some of my arcanes to see if they're worth updating. The one that's on my radar is Cloud's Wind Arcane. Being able to use that earlier would help him thread the needle WRT using it while he's got lots of Enwind and his USB1 effect going.

Screw it, I'm gonna try out Kelger and see what I can get out of him with his Glint, USB, and Arcane. What I'm wondering is what Legend Materia he should use. He's an Earth Ninja, and he's got a surprising number of LM options. Obviously, I'm gonna be using his Ninja Dualcast option, but then I have the options of : Chance To Blink On Ninja, Chance To Get 3 Turns of Quick Casting On Ninja, and Start With Enearth.

I'm leaning towards quick casting in most situations, but if I were to try to bring him to Ramuh, I think starting with Enearth would be important to deal with certain mechanics. On the other hand, his USB doesn't give Enearth, so maybe it would still be a good option for some other fights? Gonna try the team vs Lightning Odin to see what I can do.

• Options
    *grumble grumble*

I just had to spend a mythril to expand my magicite vault so that I could have enough room to actually fight stuff after that massive magicite gift. I actually didn't have enough arcana to have enough magicites that could take the inheritance. I'll probably never use the vualt to capacity again, but it was more value than selling the excess or expanding the main inventory.

• Options
    I've been selling my daily magicite for months. I guess I'll regret it when I beat Shiva but I can't imagine when I'd feel like actually doing that. 11 fire tickets got me braska glint which might let me use him over Ace but this game is competing for my time with Hollow Knight and...

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    AOSB -1 limit gauge requirement seems decent but the amount it takes to hone is pretty ridonculous
    I guess people are just trading their stash of crystals away?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    I'm at 9/15 on Sephiroth AASB and 7/15 on his AOSB, so those are probably my first priorities. Not sure it's worth it when I also have his Sync, though.

• Options
    I'm not planning on honing anything up at the moment. All of that is from duplicates.

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Decided to toss ticket at FF11 since its pool ain't improving and we're still likely two months off from refresh.

Didn't matter anyway because LOL Prishe USB1.

I sold literally all the magicite it dumped on me. All my 6* magicite are already maxed and with the daily mission, we're getting over a new one every day, with essentially zero need for any whatsoever in the next six months minimum, possibly ever. Not even for White Odin since it inherits into itself, I believe.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Is it just me or are missions somehow even more annoying to collect?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options

No, it's much more annoying, but I'm 80% certain they auto-collect at the end of each day.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options

No, it's much more annoying, but I'm 80% certain they auto-collect at the end of each day.

Based on what? I like your theory.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options

Based on what? I like your theory.

I read it on the Reddits or Gamefaqs. I was going to test it with the weekly things.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Arc AASB. Damage dealing. I honestly think I'd prefer a healing one, but I won't sniff at a new awakening in this realm.

• Options
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Arc AASB. Damage dealing. I honestly think I'd prefer a healing one, but I won't sniff at a new awakening in this realm.

tbh that one is a killer. I have a lot of Arc tech and he can double as a Holy and Water damage dealer due to his kit and that AASB. His G+ sadly isn't that hot but it works quite well (Imperil Holy and Water). I usually run him with his Water USB and he does quite a lot of damage.

Me? Oh Cloud of D's AOSB. Like ok sure, why not. At least it's a disco.

• Options
    edited September 2020
    OK OSB.

The most useless OSB.

Not really sure what the current wisdom is on the Glint draw. Kind of feeling like it's better to skip though since the real prize of slot saver G+s are mostly being added to the lens shop in a few months.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Ooh, a nice little prize from III. Desch's Glint+ for Enlightning and an instant turn. Even without his 5-star Glint for Enlightning, this is still really nice, due to his Unique also giving Enlightning. As a Chain holder, he can get the chain running and get himself 3 stacks of Enlightning for the same meter that some chain users can get just 1 stack. So that's real nice. Probably puts him above Garnet again for magic lightning.

I should go ahead and get 2 weeks ago's event done for more mythril; I'll want some on hand if any of these lucky draws end up speaking to me.

• Options
    edited September 2020
    4tHqeoJ.jpg

No problem. Still not sold on Edward's AASB, but Edge and Cecil are power houses.

FF3 should be a snap. My hole is my only healing relic period being Arc's SB. Literally nothing for Aria but maybe a BSB. But I've got OK's CSB, and CoD and Ingus's AASBs... which are both radiant shields so don't play well together, but whatever. Elarra will come and sing. And... I don't know. Maybe Luneth or Arc will come along in the last slot.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Oh, the new Magicite Support thing is just 6 x11 tickets contingent on doing the missions, but since they include Nightmares too, it's probably not too bad. Auto-Run on them means they're just battery drains anyway.

Well, the banners are nowhere near as kind to me this time around though. Ice is probably where I'm tossing most of my mythril since I don't think I have any of the syncs or AASBs there, and my ice magic is non-existent (zero AASBs or better), but I'm not a huge fan of most of that ice tech. Well... I'll take a look at the odds I guess.

E:
    Yeah, ice and wind are the clear standouts. I have Zidane's tech on the wind banner, and don't like Bartz's AASB2, but it does have a gen 2 phys CSB, which I lack. Ice first, but any AASB will move me to wind, and and I'll have to reassess if I manage to get a hit on both. After those two, banners get pretty bad. Lightning I have almost none of besides the sync, but I don't really want any of it. Everything else is pretty dupey or just plain bad.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    LeeksLeeks Registered User regular
    3 tickets so far. Used 2 on holy and 1 on dark.

1/11 - PCecil glint+
    1/11 - Minwu Sync
    1/11 - Golbez Sync

That's a pretty awesome start.

• Options
    I have no fewer than 4 dupes on any banner, so no idea which I'll go for

• Options
    Lightning banner is super tempting because my cap break options for that element are lacking, and Lightning’s Sync is there.

Earth is tempting because of Cinque’s tools and Galuf’s Chain.

Water is tempting because it’s got Gogo’s chain in it.

Wind is tempting because it’s for some real strong things and I have only two dupes.

• Options
    I have at least one Sync or AASB dupe on each of the element support banners. Including the one Sync and one AASB I got from the parade draws :X

I'm mostly not looking any further down the banners than that. Though the stray Meia AOSB on the water banner does offend me.

Think I am considering Dark and Holy most, maybe Fire. If I hit exactly Desch AASB on the lightning draw, that helps with my last 6* magicite, but I have more than one dupe there.

• Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    I'm probably going earth, only one AASB/Sync dupe and I could really use Maria for FF2.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    Well 1/11 on Earth so far. Leo Dupe Glint.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Since they restored the 6* rate to 8% for the Glint Lucky, I gave it a shot.
    Rydia LMR +Whip damage
    Leila G+ EnWater, IC1
    Edea G+ EnIce, IC1
    Hilda G+ ProShellHaste

Pleased with this. Not characters I use often, but it shores up their arsenals.

• Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    Since they restored the 6* rate to 8% for the Glint Lucky, I gave it a shot.
    Rydia LMR +Whip damage
    Leila G+ EnWater, IC1
    Edea G+ EnIce, IC1
    Hilda G+ ProShellHaste

Pleased with this. Not characters I use often, but it shores up their arsenals.

That's a great draw. That LMR also makes Rydia quite viable in 6* magic magicites, even without enelement. She got me well past phase 1 Diabolos for example.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    Did they force off enemy hp display?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀