As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] I am free to pursue my real dreams: Hip Hop

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Did you lose the rewards?

The Reddits say that if a reward is unclaimed when it's removed from a book, then it gets tossed into the reward chest automatically, but the reward has to actually be purged, ie it won't do it for a weekly award unless it's actually the turnover for the week. I'll have to try that with the daily gil reward, assuming I remember.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Hey its your favorite Beyond character @38thDoe! Got Tama's Instamedica (yay?).

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I guess you may not pull on actual banners but you get things on the daily draw pretty often? Its pretty cool but not the way the game works for me!
    I think I've managed to avoid getting any of its junk

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Ticket was a 4/10, all dupes. Aerith BSB1, Kuka LMR, Cloud USB1, Tidus AASB.

At least the AASB got a boost out of it.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Heaping helping of draws.

AASB draw: Eiko Summon, Edward

LotRoP:
    Type-0: Rem USB2 dupe
    Tactics: TG Cid AASB dupe
    15: Iris LMR (QC cycle)
    14: Y'shtola BSB dupe
    13: Snow AOSB
    12: Vayne LMR dupe
    11: Prishe USB2 dupe
    10: Rikku USB1 dupe
    9: Amarant AASB
    8: Ultimecia AOSB
    7: Red 13 LMR dupe
    6: Setzer LMR (W-cast)
    5: Krile bUSB dupe
    4: Edward LMR (QC3)
    3: Arc bUSB dupe
    2: Scott BSB, Emperor LMR (+Rod dmg)
    1: Garland OSB

Whomp whomp. Oh well. Tune in next Saturday for more draws.

silence1186 on
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    So when do we get our rubies back? :P

• Options
    Well...

1/11 hit. A Sync. Rosa's. Hmmm. I'm not convinced this is good (especially vs my Porom spreading QC for my mage teams). Is Pray worth it?

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    1/11 hit as well. Edge sync. Not the grand prize, but certainly useful.

Looking at the Orran banner there's a lot there I don't care for, so I might throw a second shot here

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Ugh. 100 mythril in and I've only mostly cleared out the glints with the only AASB being Palom's, and even with it and his limit glint, he doesn't make any teams.

Still sitting on ~450 mythril though, and only I think banner 3 looks tempting otherwise, and no real plans to pull between FF14 and FF11 aside from the refresh. I can probably spare another pull or two, but man, this is top heavy. But on the other hand, without either Edge or Zidane's syncs, I don't know that I can actually leverage their new shit well enough.

E:
    Took the shot. Scoffed angrily when it was 1/11.

But the greedy little asshole popped up and it was Zidane's sync.

So we good now. Kind of in the weird position of hoping for Alphinaud's USB medica on banner 3 so I can guilt-free chase Y'shtola's relics on FF14 in a couple weeks to make her a power-witch.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Three draws, only two new items (Palom AASB, Rosa Sync). Could have been worse, but still. Gacha sucks

• Options
    edited September 2020
    I'm positive I'm only doing one pull on Waifu Banner (Tidus) and 2 on Orran. Besides buying in the hype for Wodin, I actually need that Gladio Earth CSB.

Edit: you know, I forgot that Rosa does have a copy of Elarra's USB. I might grab it so I can pair that up with her Sync sometime.

lionheart_m on
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Did a pull, Zidane Glint+ and Rosa Sync. All new, yet somehow not really satisfying?

• Options
    I'm positive I'm only doing one pull on Waifu Banner (Tidus) and 2 on Orran. Besides buying in the hype for Wodin, I actually need that Gladio Earth CSB.

Edit: you know, I forgot that Rosa does have a copy of Elarra's USB. I might grab it so I can pair that up with her Sync sometime.

I'm not sure I buy the hype on Orran, to be honest. He seems like Edward, a target for superwhales. You need his entire kit, and you need massive DPS because he doesn't have a good spammable healing USB. His sync can also only be used once. Even Lilisette's AASB can be honed to be used twice... and it triggers the full break-buff every other move during the 15 seconds it's up AND provides a repeating party QC.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Is Rosa Sync bad?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited September 2020
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Is Rosa Sync bad?

It's fine. It's just that healers want something they can spam. She also has the issue that her HA is kind of meh, and if you're using her, it's because she has access to wrath, which doesn't sync to her stuff.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Tossed one more because I want to.

Quina awakening
    Palom glint limit

Quina's is one of the secret power ones, right?

Palom glint was one of my secret wants and may give me magic Leviathan by letting vivi back up ashe.

E: oh right I've got dagger awakening too. Definitely got a Leviathan team here somewhere.

Jragghen on
  • Options
    This banner seems kind of meh to me.

Honestly, looking through the fest none of the banners really appeal to me. Maybe I'll just keep hoarding.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options

Honestly, looking through the fest none of the banners really appeal to me. Maybe I'll just keep hoarding.

Zidane Sync is very very good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nxdD3bTYQE

Edge ninja stuff is still Edge ninja stuff, and he rips apart Ifrit even with just his AASB.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Yeah there are a few wins on all of them I suppose, but nothing overwhelming and I have dupes on almost all of them. Already beat Ifrit so eh. Might throw one on Banner 2 to try and get more fire tech for shiva.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options

Secret tech that breaks DBs and White Odin is Orran's AASB, Sync and Quina's AASB. Zidane also breaks his DB and White Odin. And well, if you haven't beaten Diabolos yet, TGC's tech is in Banner 5. There are a few reasons to actually pull here.

• Options

Secret tech that breaks DBs and White Odin is Orran's AASB, Sync and Quina's AASB. Zidane also breaks his DB and White Odin. And well, if you haven't beaten Diabolos yet, TGC's tech is in Banner 5. There are a few reasons to actually pull here.

You need to hit all of Orrans stuff though, that could be like 10 pulls or so

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited September 2020

You need to hit all of Orrans stuff though, that could be like 10 pulls or so

Yeah, that's the big problem with him. The thing that makes him good against WOdin is he has a G+ that turns off WOdin's big defense boost. But he needs his AASB to be functional as a healer, and it needs to be honed to max to be able to last even speed kills. His sync likewise provides a rare buff, but it's not spammable, only usable once, and outside from that one thing, he doesn't have much he can contribute. I haven't watched all that many WOdin clears, but a quick Google and checking through thumbnails, I don't see him anywhere at all. His greatness seems way more theoretical than actually achievable while the usual Elarra/Aerith, and eventually Vanille when she gets her goofy ATB sync are everywhere.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    These new hero abilities look really nice.

Nanaki can throw Imperil Earth now. Rosa can do a Medica that fuels Rydia’s limited uses. Orran’s weird, but he now has a buff that goes well with his BSB. Alphinaud has an attack/Medica combo that works with his dualcast. Ramza can spam chain boosts.

Lots of fun stuff.

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Fest Ticket 1: Squall BSB1, Aranea G+, Lann AASB, Tellah AASB! That is a weird set of relics, and I somehow now have a complete Lann despite never once pulling for him.
    Fest Ticket 2: Selphie LMR (dupe), Josef USB1, Edea AOSB. Josef's USB1 is actually pretty useful considering I've been relying on Gordon's godawful BSB for Last Stand in my II teams. Edea AOSB isn't amazing but it does give her a finisher.

Elemental banners are iffy, considering I've got a ton of dupes or equivalent+ chains:
    Fire - 2, have Balthier 2.5/Gilgamesh 2.0 chains
    Ice - 3, have Celes/Laguna 2.0 chains
    Lightning - 7, have Garnet 2.0 chain
    Earth - 4, have Machina 2.0 chain
    Wind - 6, have Faris 2.0 chain
    Water - 6 (including the top 5 relics)...but no magic water chain
    Holy - 5, have Ramza/Ceodore 2.0 chains
    Dark - 5, have Seifer 2.0 chain

Not sure what to pick there - Fire and Ice have the fewest dupes, but I've already got multiple 2.0+ chains for both. I'd really love a 2.0 water chain but I already have the SASB and four of the five AASBs. The other relics on the water banner fall into the "useful, but not really needed" category which normally isn't enough to make me pull.

Bleh, choices.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Welp. No mythril for me today. I didn’t feel like playing for most of the day, and of course right when I decide to get 3 easy runs in for daily missions, the game decides to load new data on nearly every page and then load infinitely when attempting to get into any battle at all. I’m in limbo, and I’m not driving to a better place for internet at 2 AM for this game. I’m just not. Good night.

• Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    Only needed one pull, Zidane glint+ and sasb right away. I don't think I've ever gotten the grand prize in one pull before, time to see how broken this is.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    Apparently core is getting a dream breaker. Interesting.

Also apparently limit break glints are not well regarded in Japan. I guess this is because they are on the best dps who you don’t want to waste a turn on or terrible characters probably that beyond creature.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Daily disco: kimahri radiant usb

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular

Also apparently limit break glints are not well regarded in Japan. I guess this is because they are on the best dps who you don’t want to waste a turn on or terrible characters probably that beyond creature.

The Limit Break Glints are pretty much made for 6* magicite diffusions and...nothing else. If you can already get around those then they're almost completely pointless. They also don't give stacking to the rest of the party so you still need separate relics.

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Darklyre wrote: »

The Limit Break Glints are pretty much made for 6* magicite diffusions and...nothing else. If you can already get around those then they're almost completely pointless. They also don't give stacking to the rest of the party so you still need separate relics.

I dunno, it just made my OK Celerity awakening and my Vivi lightning awakening a hell of a lot more useful, potentially.

e: And my Noctis awakening. And, hell, my Prompto awakening.

Jragghen on
  • Options
    In other news, Eiko awakening doesn't break cap? That's stupid.

• Options
    Farmed up enough copies for a second titan. I wasted so much of Zidane's damage on the walls and it didn't matter in the slightest, can't believe how busted this would be if you had the AASB as well and did the Rydia trick with Ripping Blast.

• Options
    IMHO the problem is that it's only a regular Infusion and not an Empowered one. If it was the latter that'd be so much more awesome. As it stands you're better off 'wasting' a turn on a regular Glint or Glint+ for better a better return. Or timing an SB to get an EX/Awake/Sync Mode going.

• Options
    IMHO the problem is that it's only a regular Infusion and not an Empowered one. If it was the latter that'd be so much more awesome. As it stands you're better off 'wasting' a turn on a regular Glint or Glint+ for better a better return. Or timing an SB to get an EX/Awake/Sync Mode going.

If it gave empowered infusion to the entire party, that'd be sick. Right now, I'd agree they're mostly useful for 6* magicites.

• Options
    edited September 2020
    I think Reddit is convincing me that edge sync is actually worth pulling on for magic/phys shiva as well as ifrit.

Jragghen wrote: »
    In other news, Eiko awakening doesn't break cap? That's stupid.

The other one does.

Darklyre wrote: »

Good news everyone! White odin does various annoying or stupid things to people without en element!

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Edge is definitely helped by his HA being super good.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    Edge is definitely helped by his HA being super good.

It's making me think he might be my best water mage for Ifrit with his AASB.

• Options
    Wait, help with shiva? Do the ninjutsu attacks pierce with his HA?

• Options
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Wait, help with shiva? Do the ninjutsu attacks pierce with his HA?

Edge Sync + HA can do Fire Phy or Mag

• Options
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀