As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] I am free to pursue my real dreams: Hip Hop

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    My autorunning finally hit the 50 mark, so I pulled with the last three tickets.

Ice: Seven Glint, Edea Glint+
    Holy: Ceodore USB2, Hope AASB
    Fire: Vivi Glint dupe, Auron Fire Chain, Locke Sync

Well worth grinding magicites for!

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Let's see, lots of dates coming up.
    9/25 Tonight is AASB Lucky, and the last LotRoP banner opens (FF1)
    9/26 Tomorrow Fest Banner 1 open, with another every subsequent 2 days
    10/2 the 5th 10-draw ticket is distributed
    10/3 the 50th Cactuar ticket is distributed
    10/7 the 14th and final Magic Pot dungeon opens
    10/10 is the last full week of Magicite quests before the Elemental Boost draws go away on 10/14 (Make sure to collect tickets from quests)
    10/14 Fest/2x Greens/Support Campaign all end
    10/22 Clear cache after Cactuar exchange expires

Anything else folks can think of?

silence1186 on
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Is there enough time to get all tickets doing ten a week or do you have to grind some of them?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Is there enough time to get all tickets doing ten a week or do you have to grind some of them?

No, doing 10 a week still leaves you needing to grind 30 magicite or nightmare dungeons. I suppose the 1 a day for this week will add an additional 4. I don't want to cut it closer than the 10th with the new stupid archive system for rewards.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Butts.

In other news I blindly got ramuh to 14% before he splattered everyone with something.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Butts.

In other news I blindly got ramuh to 14% before he splattered everyone with something.

Probably Thunderous Judgement Bolt. He's got a nasty trick in phase 3 where he does an Earth Diffusion and then Staff of Olduum. Staff makes the thunderclouds appear and attack after any character's action, and also powers up the Judgement Bolt he does later, relative to how many people didn't have Enearth when he used Staff. If nobody had Enearth, then it's almost certainly a wipe (1 person: 822% multiplier. 0 persons: 9999%). So it's fairly important to try to have someone with 2 Enearth stacks when he goes into phase 3. You've got a pair of syncs, so if you are using one in phase 2, you should be good to survive Judgement Bolt.

Another Realm ticket, another attempt at FFV. This time it was a pair of dupes (Lenna USB1, Dorgann BSB), yippee. At least they were both elemental armor? I've been using Lenna's USB1 dress a bunch anyway, so I guess it's not a total loss.

Enlong on
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    ugh I dont know how to feel. Dupe FF1 ticket on WoL's AOSB. It's up to rank 5 now so halfway there to 2 SB cast. I mean, it isn't bad on that context.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    Ohhh dear. Warring Triad Transcendent is a task and a half. All 3 of the bosses have pretty sizeable health bars, and doing their shifting weakness mechanic correctly takes valuable turns away from DPS characters.

I'm glad the music track is for the lesser difficulty this time.

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    First elemental boost ticket was an incredible Ayame/Seven glint/11

Fantastic.

E:
    Christ.

FFXI ticket: 1/11 Shantotto glint dupe

Next ice ticket, Ayame AOSB/11

Next ice ticket, Celes AASB/11

Yeah, this is the fucking luck I'm accustomed to.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Celes Awakening sounds like a good prize to me. (Biased, since I have it) Seeing as she's got boosted meter gain and a useful USB for speeding up the party.

Well, haha, oops. I was gonna use auto-run to bully Geocities some more for tickets, but looks like the game has decided that fight will never finish loading.

• Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    As expected, fujin aasb/aosb got me an easy magic Titan clear.
    It's fun to use yshtola for once with her wall glint+ and busb too. Along with elarra there was just so much more healing than was necessary for this fight that it made it very easygoing.

Maytag on
    3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    Is Y'shtola's Bubsy available on the lens shop? It would be nice to use her again.

Speaking of FFXIV, I think we need some new characters there (beyond what we're getting in a couple weeks). I think Urianger (Healer with a combo of Dark and Holy magic, if he has any offense at all) and Ardbert (Dark/Earth Heavy-Physical) would work well.

• Options
    Well, damn. I seem to be stuck.

Trying to go into the relics page is trapping me in an endless loop of atempting to download about 38 MB of data, failing, trying again, failing, trying again, and all the while not including a button to back out.

• Options
    Got in and did some pulls. Wind and Water.

2x Faris Awakening
    2x Paine LMR

Weird to double up twice. I’ll gladly take some buffs to my Chain users, though. At this point, I could almost attempt a Fire team for Azulmagia, with Greg’s chain.

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Ended LotR strong at least.

Sarah AASB

Four prizes in all, so that at least is satisfying. Machina, Iris, Beatrix, and Sarah AASBs. All the rest was heaping crap. I'll also note that I only had 3 AASBs or better in all LotRs combined before this one.

But all the other draws continue to be absolute garbage.

AASB 'lucky' 1/11 Bartz1 dupe.

I'm pretty sure I have yet to draw a usable AASB from one of these AASB luckies period. I think I've only drawn one non-dupe from them at all, and it was Lenna's horrible first one.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    RNGesus is real. After a crappy fest....I finally got a prize I was looking for quite a while.

1/3 WoL AASB. Man he finally has the tech I wanted. AASB, AOSB, CSBx2, Glint and Glint +. Too bad I already cleared Diabolos but man this felt awesome.

AASB draw time...3/11.

Dupe Barbie. Ok rank 3 fine.
    Kain AASB! I finally have a decent relic for him! CSB, AASB and AOSB. I could pick up an USB too for him. edit: this is my 2nd true Lightning character with an AASB. Shelke doesn't exactly count. Holy shit, this makes my Famfrit auto team even better!
    Angeal AASB? Uhh...anyone have a clue how does this one work? edit: oh so it is a switch draw mode too! so...yay? more FF7 Wind tech sure gimme more.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    2/11

Vivi AASB2
    Eiko AASB

My FF9 team continues to be bonkers
    a9nylhacdqa1.jpg

Ff1 was a dupe garland awakening

• Options
    edited September 2020
    man seeing how crappy my pulls are whenever I go hard on a banner, I think I'm just gonna go 2 pulls max from now on.

edit: just case in point. no Sync at all from any Magicite support banner and I did what...7 pulls total? I think it's just gonna get worse from now on with LBOs and Limit Glints.

lionheart_m on
  • Options
    man seeing how crappy my pulls are whenever I go hard on a banner, I think I'm just gonna go 2 pulls max from now on.

edit: just case in point. no Sync at all from any Magicite support banner and I did what...7 pulls total? I think it's just gonna get worse from now on with LBOs and Limit Glints.

Every time I say that, I go 1/11 LMR and then 2/11 that same LMR and a glint.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options

I don’t think I’ve ever read you having a bad pull.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Last LotR: Matoya Glint+

AASB Lucky: Alphinaud AASB Dupe, Quina AASB, Matoya AASB

Methinks the game wants me to field a certain character....

• Options
    KGH6Mht.jpg

No problem. Having a realm CSB and two BDL relics makes it pretty simple, even if Minwu's sync doesn't get any buffs.

FF1 is the last one. No realm CSB, and Meia/WoL are a mixed duo, but Meia's strong and I have a leveled HC.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    I: Garland USB2. Better than his USB1 considering his LMR!

AASB Lucky: Rufus AASB (dupe, my 6th so it's getting decently honed), Gogo VI Brave AASB. Not sure how to use Gogo's stuff, but he could definitely fit into my magic fire/wind/earth teams and take OK's slot since the AASB is also a hastega and stacking faithga.

Darklyre on
  • Options

I don’t think I’ve ever read you having a bad pull.

you're ignoring the 13 crappy rainbows + dupes I got from this last LOTROP. Also, I haven't pulled since oh I dunno....since the last fest?

• Options
    edited September 2020
    xij12pB.png

And that's a wrap. Not the smoothest, and am definitely going to have to retool or get a better strategy for the upgraded difficulty one, but not the worst either.

FF14 was the hardest by a long shot (only one DPS AASB, no realm chain). FFXIII (Claire Sync, Realm CSB, tons of AASBs) was the easiest. Only did FF15, 14, 11, 7, 4 with full realm teams, but the off-realmer was always either Iris for all physical teams, or Elarra otherwise. Picking up Elarra's G+ at some point will definitely smooth out some of them though.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    rattletraprattletrap Registered User regular
    So is the higher difficulty Dark Omega opening later in the fest? Or am I dumb and missing something to click on to access it?

Also the Battle Square Brawl is a slog. Not especially hard if you have some stacked teams, but I'd be curious to see how the HP compares to 6* magicites and Dreambreakers.

• Options
    rattletrap wrote: »
    So is the higher difficulty Dark Omega opening later in the fest? Or am I dumb and missing something to click on to access it?

Also the Battle Square Brawl is a slog. Not especially hard if you have some stacked teams, but I'd be curious to see how the HP compares to 6* magicites and Dreambreakers.

The top level one with eight rounds is just fucking stupid. Every one of them starts out with a gravity attack, so you're all but guaranteed to lose at least two medals from damage, and very likely to lose at least one from actions too.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Remember how I got Lion glint from the parade a week back? Yeah, that was the only usable relic I saw from the whole thing. The rest was all dupes and AOSBs on characters I have nothing for. And Gilgamesh CSB, which might sound good until you consider that A) my magic team is better, B) even for a physical team my Vincent has a massively better relic pool, C) and he can imperil, D) and my three strongest physical fire characters are all samurai.

Fortunately my lucky draw went better. Seven, Eight, and Amarant. I have more Type-0 Awakenings than I can field, but Eight is probably better than Noel on my real-deal ice team, and Amarant Glint+ was one of those useless relics from the parade, so that's something. Wouldn't have been my first choices, but I can hardly call it a bad pull.

Also I got Noctis AASB as my daily for some reason. XV also has more Awakenings than I can field, but I have Noctis's crit damage glint so I assume he beats out somebody. I've literally never pulled on a Type-0 or XV event banner.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    Noctis awakening is nice. Not perfect due to lack of enElement, but it makes him a ton more versatile than he was.

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Master USB2 from the ff1 draw, seems alright. AASB lucky got me marche dupe and cyan. I'm a huge FFVI fan, so I don't even care that this is my seventh aasb in that realm.

Since I'm still at 0 for both ff1 and ff2, I guess I'm not doing those gilgameshes.

Edit: The animation on Cyan is just perfect. Not only does he charge his Bushido bar first, but he has the comically sized katana as well.

Maytag on
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    One does not necessarily need AASBs or Syncs to beat Gilgamesh. Any one person with an OSB is plenty, and there are also options involving Heavy Combat or just YOLOing and ignore the rage levels.

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Fry wrote: »
    One does not necessarily need AASBs or Syncs to beat Gilgamesh. Any one person with an OSB is plenty, and there are also options involving Heavy Combat or just YOLOing and ignore the rage levels.

You're completely correct, gave it a try for ff1 and got him down with a full realm team. This just leaves ff2 and I'll have done them all.

If anyone's interested, I used:

Meia USB/OSB/AOSB
    Garland USB(heavy)/OSB
    Sara BUSB/glint+
    Master USB2/AOSB
    Matoya USB/SSB(boostga/regen)

The last chain ran out in the end, but Garland OSB still capped without it for some reason.

Edit: FF2 was harder, but also doable. Maria must've destroyed the earth at least 6 times in that battle.

Maytag on
  • Options
    edited September 2020

https://youtu.be/lrQ59MdA7IY

My trial archive did not auto collect

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    My trial archive did not auto collect

Which Book?

• Options
    I don't remember, I just collected them all. Dates, inheritence some other ones?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Did you lose the rewards?

• Options
    Cor AASB off the ticket draw, gotta get more fire samurais! He seems strong though, especially since I already had his USB too.
    As a bonus, I can field a full sasb/aasb team in xv now.

• Options
    Daily hit: cid raines glint.
    Ticket: ace realm chain!

• Options
    Oh boy. Ticket 2 is Rinoa OSB dupe and Bartz USB1 dupe.

I would say that I'm paying off my luck from LotR, but that would be ignoring the dozen or so tickets I've flushed down the toilet in the last three months.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    rattletraprattletrap Registered User regular
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    rattletrap wrote: »

The top level one with eight rounds is just fucking stupid. Every one of them starts out with a gravity attack, so you're all but guaranteed to lose at least two medals from damage, and very likely to lose at least one from actions too.

RE: Battle Square Brawl, I brought two healers, with one of them Rosa and her MBlink. Between that and various damage barrier effects I kept my medals.