As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Genshin Impact] Breath of the Gacha (1.2 out now!)

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Grislo wrote: »
    I got a lot of Kaeya copies early on from free pulls, and the one time he was in the shop I got him to c5.

Did my world level 50 ascension today, which gives a couple of free standard banner pulls.

Did the first single pull. Kaeya c6.

It's meant to be.

Oh man. Kaeya's really good by default, but I haven't even heard any talk about his constellations beyond C1, since getting them requires some pretty extreme luck. It's a shame his 4th constellation is kind of a bust, but all of his others strike me as very good. His C6 must make it painless to keep his burst going on cooldown.

• Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    It's definitely a super unlikely bit of chance, and I do like Kaeya, so it's kind of neat. And yeah, c4 is kind of poorly designed given when you might get it and how often it'd be useful at that level of the game.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    Christ, that's a hell of a coincidence. Just saw this video pop up a few minutes ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tciTShuX7kY

• Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    Meant to add this to my post once it was uploaded but it slipped my mind, so here, me finally beating Taishan Mansion without it being a lucky slog of freeze chains.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NnhXhSbUSk&feature=youtu.be

• Options
    Some tidbits from the 1.3 stream that I've seen so far:

- Hits Feb. 3, Xiao is the featured character (I don't think we know 4*s on the banner yet). Looks like we'll be getting 10 free wishes.
    - On Feb. 17, there will be a banner that features Keqing. I'm surprised it took them this long to start featuring the initial characters. Good news for people who really want her, maybe bad news for people who are eagerly anticipating Hu Tao.
    - Tower defense-style event looks pretty interesting to me.
    - New bigger geovishap enemy in the world, as well as huge boss versions of each element. Not really sure if this is tied to an event or not; there was certainly some primogem rewards.
    - Not sure if it's tied to the tower defense event, but it looks like you might be able to get a free 4* character from Liyue of your choice? Picture showed Ningguang, Beidou, Xiangling, Xingqiu, Chongyun, and Xinyan.
    - Three new codes for free rewards, 100 primogems each and some other stuff: jsSK8n23jzR, dU2mhjQL1ZT, nBEm3myAL2b

• Options
    Tiger BurningTiger Burning Dig if you will, the pictureRegistered User, SolidSaints Tube regular
    edited January 2021
    It appears from the preview stream that the 1.3 banners will be Xiao and then.. Keqing? Interesting.

E: oh that's much more info

Tiger Burning on
    Ain't no particular sign I'm more compatible with
  • Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    cursedking wrote: »

Good to get confirmation of that. Real tempted to take C5 Beidou or C6 Xingqiu, but I think it might be smarter to grab C2 Ningguang. I kinda want to stave off the risk of rolling characters who I already have at C6 anyway, and neither of those constellations are at the level of Noelle/Fischl.

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    1.3 Trailer & Explanation via Playstation Blog: Celebrate the New Year in Teyvat

Geovishap Bosses better not be as infuriating about rolling around endlessly.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular

Good to get confirmation of that. Real tempted to take C5 Beidou or C6 Xingqiu, but I think it might be smarter to grab C2 Ningguang. I kinda want to stave off the risk of rolling characters who I already have at C6 anyway, and neither of those constellations are at the level of Noelle/Fischl.

C2 Ning is really big for her energy generation and burst damage.

But C6 Xingqui man, I see why you're tempted.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    The only character I don’t currently have in that list is xingqu, and I would really like that crafting element, but if the stone caster lady is on xiaos banner I would really like to get multiple c’s of her. Hmmmm

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    The only character I don’t currently have in that list is xingqu, and I would really like that crafting element, but if the stone caster lady is on xiaos banner I would really like to get multiple c’s of her. Hmmmm

A lot depends on who rides along with Xiao for me, as well. Currently fishing in Ganyu's banner for Xingqiu and Xiangling constellations but this account's weird "when in doubt, draw Noelle" bias is working against that. She's C5, though!

In a vacuum, Beidou or Ningguang? I have neither.

• Options
    Has Chongyun ever been on a Banner?

My intuition is telling me we're about to see Xiao/Ningguang/Chongyun/Barbara.

Cursed Barbara.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »
    Has Chongyun ever been on a Banner?

My intuition is telling me we're about to see Xiao/Ningguang/Chongyun/Barbara.

Cursed Barbara.

He was on Zhongli's.

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Just starting this game, it's pretty intimidating seeing how powerful y'all are versus what I have. Not even adventure rank 25 yet and very much expecting to make some boneheaded mistakes with my resources.

At least I got Ganyu.
    - Three new codes for free rewards, 100 primogems each and some other stuff: jsSK8n23jzR, dU2mhjQL1ZT, nBEm3myAL2b
    Where and when are these used?

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    Bizazedo wrote: »

On Console, you:

1. Press Start
    2. Go to Settings
    3. Move down to Account
    4. Surprise! The only function of Account management is inputting promo codes.

I think for every other platform promo code input is handled via the website?

• Options
    Just starting this game, it's pretty intimidating seeing how powerful y'all are versus what I have. Not even adventure rank 25 yet and very much expecting to make some boneheaded mistakes with my resources.

At least I got Ganyu.

If it makes you feel any better, I only picked this up in December. It's been a fairly smooth learning curve with a couple bumps. Try every new thing once it appears as you level and stuff will click.

• Options

At least I got Ganyu.

you can also input them into the official website, just google Genshin Impact redeem. You have to log in but other than that, super simple.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I wasn't expecting that banner setup, but honestly the more time between now and Hu Tao the better

Especially if I want to indulge myself in the heartache of pulling on the weapon banner for her Staff of Home too

• Options
    eMoandereMoander Registered User regular
    Yeah, I was already trying to figure out how to do both Xiao and Hu Tao. A gap between them would be awesome.

However, it wouldn’t surprise me if they started doing two character banners so you’d have Kaqing and HuTao running at the same time.

Xbox: Travesty 0214 Switch: 3304-2356-9421 Honkai Star Rail: 600322115 Battlenet: Travesty #1822
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Making a Keqing banner gives me hope that one day I'll see a Jean banner.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Finished off the Hypostatic Symphony this morning, and I definitely think they did a good job. So much that I sent them a CS message of congrats! The fact that the best rewards were weighted towards just participating as compared to most games which would lock the primogems and talent books beyond ridiculous requirements was great. The last one where you have to do three in a row was also a fun challenge, although if I had Diluc it would have been way easier. I think they should implement this system for the regular cubes and flowers every day. Let me tweak and modify the fights and get a few extra xp books or something.

Xbox: Travesty 0214 Switch: 3304-2356-9421 Honkai Star Rail: 600322115 Battlenet: Travesty #1822
  • Options

At least I got Ganyu.

Welcome to the game! Don't be intimidated; this is actually one of the most forgiving games out there. Literally every character is viable and most of your resources (like weapons and artifacts) are recoverable if you change your mind or find something better later. Don't be afraid at all of leveling anyone you like up to at least lvl 40. After that, costs start going up so you'll have to be a little more picky, but again the nice thing is that there really aren't any wrong choices. If you enjoy playing something, it can definitely be viable for like 90+% of the game content. The only thing that really needs min/maxing is late stage spiral abyss, and even lots of people end up bringing in lvl 20-40 supports for specific things.

• Options

At least I got Ganyu.

We should really write up a new player's help post for reference in the thread.

In general, Artifacts are more important than you think they are, levelling up is not as important as you think it is, and Razor is the best and most beautiful boy, forever and ever.

Oh, and never ever use Primogems on the Permanent Banner. Those are better spent on character banners that cycle through.

• Options

At least I got Ganyu.

We should really write up a new player's help post for reference in the thread.

In general, Artifacts are more important than you think they are, levelling up is not as important as you think it is, and Razor is the best and most beautiful boy, forever and ever.

Oh, and never ever use Primogems on the Permanent Banner. Those are better spent on character banners that cycle through.

Sounds like someone just volunteered to make the new thread since we're at page 101...

• Options
    edited January 2021
    I dunno, if you don't need or want the event 4-stars and your preferences are Non-event 5 star>5-star weapon>event character then Permanent makes sense.

Kamar on
  • Options
    Kamar wrote: »
    I dunno, if you don't need or want the event 4-stars and your preferences are Non-event 5 star>5-star weapon>event character then Permanent makes sense.

If you don't want the current 4 stars on the banner you are better off waiting for the next banner. There's no quality control on the permanent banner and no way to aim your pity roll at something you actually want. Since you're given blue fates as a course of levelling up it makes way more financial sense, especially for f2p players, to save for a character banner you want.

The character banner 5 stars have not historically gone on the permanent banner, and you earn primogems at a pretty slow rate as far as building up to the pity levels between banners. There is no good argument for spending primogems, which quickly equate to over a hundred dollars of real currency, on the permanent banner. it's a waste of money.

• Options
    It's definitely a better idea to wait for something you want to be featured rather than spend primogems on the standard banner. But if someone really wants to roll right now, I'm not gonna stop them.

• Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    How are you guys getting c6 Amber without standard banner rolls?

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    The exception there is if you really want a non-banner 5* (ie Diluc), the permanent banner is still your best odds of getting it. It's not /good/ odds (as evidenced by me still not having Diluc /shakes fist), but it's the best of bad options.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Jean banner please.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Grislo wrote: »
    How are you guys getting c6 Amber without standard banner rolls?

Asking the real questions. That said, I'm kinda curious if they're going to toss one of the freebie 4*s onto the Keqing banner, and if so, what the general reaction would be. Probably bad, but I'd definitely be interested in a chance at some constellations for Kaeya.

...not on the Keqing banner specifically, though, since I somehow have both her and Mona on both of my accounts.

• Options
    edited January 2021
    I'm curious, did their previous games ever revisit characters for overhauls or special versions?

Will we eventually be pulling for Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Amber as a 6*?

Kamar on
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    eMoander wrote: »
    The exception there is if you really want a non-banner 5* (ie Diluc), the permanent banner is still your best odds of getting it. It's not /good/ odds (as evidenced by me still not having Diluc /shakes fist), but it's the best of bad options.

This is incorrect btw

Character banner still gives you a better rate of getting off banner characters because it is not shared with weapons

EDIT: You're looking at 50% chance of a pool of 5 general pool 5* on the character event banner, vs pulling on a pool of 5 5* characters and 10 5* weapons.

Maddoc on
  • Options
    Yeah the character banner gives the best odds on anything, because the failure of a character banner roll is to get one of the permanent five stars

• Options
    edited January 2021
    Kamar wrote: »
    I'm curious, did their previous games ever revisit characters for overhauls or special versions?

Will we eventually be pulling for Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Amber as a 6*?

So, Honkai is a bit different because the cast is fairly small but characters are released using different battle suits.

So like the main character Kiana has five different battle suits, ranging from B rank (3* basically, starting freebie character) to S rank (5*)

They have begun doing augments for some older suits, which are basically upgrades you can toggle that makes a suit into an entirely different character

So like, Kiana's first A rank suit was Valkyrie Ranger, recently-ish she got an augment to change Valkyrie Ranger into Void Drifter, which changes up all of her attacks and most of her skills

Maddoc on
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Maddoc wrote: »

This is incorrect btw

Character banner still gives you a better rate of getting off banner characters because it is not shared with weapons

EDIT: You're looking at 50% chance of a pool of 5 general pool 5* on the character event banner, vs pulling on a pool of 5 5* characters and 10 5* weapons.

I think it's based off the assumption that they flip a coin on pities. 50%BannerCharacter/Weapon (depending on wish type) vs 50% Any5*Character?

As far as I know Permanent is either tied or superior for something like Diluc or Keqing, coming down to the question of whether when it flips the coin and gets 'Any 5-star Character', is the banner character also a possibility in that pool if you're pulling Event (i.e. better than a 50% chance of it being them on every other pity) or can you ONLY pull them with the initial coin flip. If they're in the generic 5* pool (and Permanent does flip a coin for weapon vs character) then Permanent is better, if they're not then they're the same (well, unless you know your next 5* is guaranteed to be the banner character, then if you want Keqing or Diluc then the event banner is pointless until you get that next pity).

I guess that part'd be clear based on whether anyone's ever pulled the Event 5* three times in a row?

Kamar on
  • Options

This is incorrect btw

Hmm, not sure if true (I had forgotten about the weapons in the pool). Let's math!

Chance of Diluc (event banner) = 50% chance non banner * 20% diluc = 10%
    Chance of Diluc (permanent banner) = 1 diluc / 15 (char + weapons) = 7%

Yeah, guess you are right. I do like the opportunity to get 5* weapons though, so I don't regret my permanent banner pulls!

• Options
    It's not that hard, if you get a 5* it is 50% rate up/50% not rate up

Even with that in mind, the character event banner has a better rate of getting you, say, Diluc because the rates are not diluted by ten weapons

• Options
    edited January 2021
    It's not that hard, if you get a 5* it is 50% rate up/50% not rate up

Even with that in mind, the character event banner has a better rate of getting you, say, Diluc because the rates are not diluted by ten weapons

Weapons and characters aren't in a single pool, there's a coin flip first on Permanent Banner. At worst, Permanent Pulls give you identical odds of getting the Diluc you want. And if it's possible to pull the Event character three times in a row, then Permanent is a better way to get Diluc.

Kamar on