Options

[Genshin Impact] Breath of the Gacha (1.2 out now!)

13567102

Posts

  • Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    So every 10-pull has a guaranteed 4* as part of it.
    The difference between the generic banner and the beginner one is the beginner one has NO 4/5* weapons on it. So your guaranteed 4* or a 5* if you're super damn lucky, is always gonna be a character.
    The generic banner you can end up just pulling straight weapons, though one of those weapons will be a 4*.
    So the question on which banner is better also depends on if you want a chance at some powerful weapons or not. Personally; weapons can be made, so I'd rather chance at getting some new characters.

  • Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    Also, general consensus is to do single pulls. You're guaranteed a 4* every 10 pulls, but if you get it on the 3rd pull, that resets.

    I got to AR 10 last night and pulled twice on the beginner banner which gave me Noelle and Razor. I'll probably build a team around Razor.

  • Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    Annnd more free pulls incoming, alright then.


    This will definitely slow down but it's a good sign for future events and stuff. The rates are, of course, still terrible but I'm not mad about getting a bunch of pulls in on this Venti banner.

  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Beginner banner can only be pulled on twice anyway, for 8 faints each time. And you get both Noelle on the first 10 pull, and a random other 4* on the second.

    Ended up pulling Fischl from the 10 pull from last night, though not too sold on bow users so far. I like her special ability alot though, that bird does a lot of damage.

    Razor is awesome though, super happy with him.

    Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    This game is fun.

    I worry that the coop is not up to snuff as that’s the big drive for me.

    So if my buddy joins my game he can’t pick up world chests or quests or dungeon chests? Just exp and drops from monsters and resource nodes?

    616610-1.png
  • Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Watched some game play video's and this looks gorgeous. I don't think I'll jump in though, feels wrong to support a Gacha game that is PC/PS4 supported. The better this game does, the more likely we'll see EA, Ubi, etc, start pushing their own Gacha games out. Also not sure how I feel about Chinese made games yet. The rootkit mistake is pretty comical given, you know China.

    Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    EA already does gacha on consoles though don't they?

    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Enjoying myself enough I threw enough to get an extra 4ish multis out of it with the double primogens thing. And holy fuck were those pulls worth it and made up for the meh beginner banner summons.
    First on the generic banner was a dud, but the second came down 5* with Keqing (!!!!!) so fuck yeah, guess I'll try for this Venti guy since Keqing was really the only 5* I was looking for and he's limited.
    First multi on Venti's banner comes down 5* again, Venti acquired. Well fine then.
    Did my last pull on the weapon banner just to see if I get any cool weapons and got a 4* bow for Venti, so woo there I guess.

  • Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    Disrupter wrote: »
    This game is fun.

    I worry that the coop is not up to snuff as that’s the big drive for me.

    So if my buddy joins my game he can’t pick up world chests or quests or dungeon chests? Just exp and drops from monsters and resource nodes?

    Dungeon chests that cost resin to open (ie doing domains) can be opened in co-op, provided they have the resin to do so and they'll get their own rewards. Generally speaking, co-op is pretty useless for standard questing but is fun enough if you're doing weekly world bosses and domains.

    During one of the betas they also had a co-op focused event, I have no idea how often or how many of those types of things they'll do but that also seemed pretty neat.

  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    First thing I did was turn dialogue volume down all the way.

    But paimon is still audible in ambient situations.

    I wonder if the character named after one of Satan's biggest demons will eventually betray us being not what they seem.

    I'm not sure if I like the gameplay enough to make up for the endless and blatant gacha hooks everywhere.

    Aistan on
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    I swapped audio to Japanese vo and paimon is a bit more bearable.

  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Man, there is so much shit to do and find and explore. It is madness! If this was a regular full priced game I'd be happy with my purchase. Although I am a big JRPG fan, so YMMV.

    Pro tip; don't try mining Electro Crystals while standing in water.

    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Kyanilis wrote: »
    Update on their anti-cheat: https://genshin.mihoyo.com/en/news/detail/5818

    Typical "hey this is why it runs all the time" but they're backing off on it and have promised that within the next 30 hours they'll push out an update that will make sure it doesn't run while the game isn't running and addresses the uninstall issue.

    I sure hope this is the case, I don't know how much time I'm going to be putting into this thing and if I have some weird Chinese anti-cheat running for the rest of my computer's lifespan I will be pretty cross!

    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    LZ0L2pt.jpg

    Front: Me bringing my wife out somewhere nice to eat.
    Back: My wife realizing "somewhere nice" is just my favorite bar & grill.

    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    Olivaw wrote: »
    Kyanilis wrote: »
    Update on their anti-cheat: https://genshin.mihoyo.com/en/news/detail/5818

    Typical "hey this is why it runs all the time" but they're backing off on it and have promised that within the next 30 hours they'll push out an update that will make sure it doesn't run while the game isn't running and addresses the uninstall issue.

    I sure hope this is the case, I don't know how much time I'm going to be putting into this thing and if I have some weird Chinese anti-cheat running for the rest of my computer's lifespan I will be pretty cross!

    You can also remove it manually using a single command in command prompt. The problem is that it's not removed automatically, not that it's actually hard to remove. It also only starts when the game is opened, if you reboot your computer it does NOT start automatically. If you uninstall the game it's still "there" (which is obviously not the expected outcome, so I'm glad they're fixing it) but not on and there's nothing to turn it back on.

  • Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Polaritie wrote: »
    EA already does gacha on consoles though don't they?

    I would slot any gambling based microtrancsaction into the so-called "gacha" family of MTX. Gacha definitely is a better phrase than "loot box." Hell opening those free wishes felt exactly the same as opening any digital card pack in HS or MtG.

    . . .here it seems a lot less "egregious" (if you find letting people dump monies into digital casinos egregious which I don't) because you're only competition is the game. It reminds me of Candy Crash and the other kinds of early fremium apps. Although you kinda have to feel for this poor bastard.

    ED! on
    "Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    The anti-cheat update is out, restarted my client and then just quit out, the driver does stop automatically now.

    In fact, it seems to be uninstalled completely after you exit, and reinstalled when you start the game the next time.

    I guess that works, here's what my testing looks like:

    Game booting:
    SERVICE_NAME: mhyprot2
    TYPE : 1 KERNEL_DRIVER
    STATE : 4 RUNNING
    (STOPPABLE, NOT_PAUSABLE, IGNORES_SHUTDOWN)
    WIN32_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
    SERVICE_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
    CHECKPOINT : 0x0
    WAIT_HINT : 0x0

    At login screen and while playing:
    SERVICE_NAME: mhyprot2
    TYPE : 1 KERNEL_DRIVER
    STATE : 3 STOP_PENDING
    (STOPPABLE, NOT_PAUSABLE, IGNORES_SHUTDOWN)
    WIN32_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
    SERVICE_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
    CHECKPOINT : 0x0
    WAIT_HINT : 0x0

    Immediately after quitting:
    SERVICE_NAME: mhyprot2
    TYPE : 1 KERNEL_DRIVER
    STATE : 1 STOPPED
    WIN32_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
    SERVICE_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
    CHECKPOINT : 0x0
    WAIT_HINT : 0x0

    5-10s after the above:
    [SC] EnumQueryServicesStatus:OpenService FAILED 1060:

    The specified service does not exist as an installed service.

  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Watched some game play video's and this looks gorgeous. I don't think I'll jump in though, feels wrong to support a Gacha game that is PC/PS4 supported. The better this game does, the more likely we'll see EA, Ubi, etc, start pushing their own Gacha games out. Also not sure how I feel about Chinese made games yet. The rootkit mistake is pretty comical given, you know China.

    This is eventually coming to Switch, and the promise is almost like the future of gaming I've been hoping for. Play on the PC for maximum graffxxx or whatever, decide to lounge on the couch with the Switch for a while, then play on your phone when you're away from the house, all with the same characters and saved games and such. I'm not saying it's best game evarrr or anything, but there's some potential here.

    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Watched some game play video's and this looks gorgeous. I don't think I'll jump in though, feels wrong to support a Gacha game that is PC/PS4 supported. The better this game does, the more likely we'll see EA, Ubi, etc, start pushing their own Gacha games out. Also not sure how I feel about Chinese made games yet. The rootkit mistake is pretty comical given, you know China.

    This is eventually coming to Switch, and the promise is almost like the future of gaming I've been hoping for. Play on the PC for maximum graffxxx or whatever, decide to lounge on the couch with the Switch for a while, then play on your phone when you're away from the house, all with the same characters and saved games and such. I'm not saying it's best game evarrr or anything, but there's some potential here.

    Yeah Crossplay needs to be a priority this next gen, but I know it probably won't. Even old games like Overcooked would be awesome in this time of pandemic when not everyone has the same equipment.

    Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Fair warning. Playing this one a tablet/phone after playing on a pc/console is not very fun.

  • Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    ED! wrote: »
    Polaritie wrote: »
    EA already does gacha on consoles though don't they?

    I would slot any gambling based microtrancsaction into the so-called "gacha" family of MTX. Gacha definitely is a better phrase than "loot box." Hell opening those free wishes felt exactly the same as opening any digital card pack in HS or MtG.

    . . .here it seems a lot less "egregious" (if you find letting people dump monies into digital casinos egregious which I don't) because you're only competition is the game. It reminds me of Candy Crash and the other kinds of early fremium apps. Although you kinda have to feel for this poor bastard.

    There's still a pretty fundamental difference. One the EA MTX side, you're buying the game and you get a 'base' for that. Then they tack on the extras, but the original development is around that base cost. Gacha is free, development is paid for by the promise of MTX. Which means they tend to be more front and center as they need to recoup costs. This can draw addicts in easier then since it's not as avoidable.

    I'm less worried about MTX in this game as it seems pretty low and it's single player. I'm more interested in the Chinese company aspect. The gamer-sphere seemed up in arms around the Epic store due to Tencent's minor stake in the company. But here is a full game that "oops, has a rootkit for security" and not much of big deal. Maybe I'm overly paranoid, not like I have anything or do anything the Chinese government would be interested in anyways, but it is interesting.

    EDIT: The game itself looks great though. Watched some folks play at lunch and the game play seems pretty good. If someone asked me if I'd pay $60 for a BotW clone with deeper combat and RPG story, sign me up. Something about PS4 = Gacha game though is troubling to me.

    Trajan45 on
    Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Discovery: daily adventurer missions are unlocked via a conversation option at the adventuer's guild that isn't obviously "click this". Glad I talked to her to unlock those.

    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    did ~12 pulls on the Venti banner hoping for Fischl but ended up with Xiaoling and Barbara instead. I reckon I'll stop there and continue saving up for the future now.

  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    FYI: You can take the Banner characters for a Test Run. Open up the menu (ESC on PC) -> Events -> Test Run. If you complete the Test Run challenge for a character you get rewards too.

    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    I would like to shoutout Steam Big Picture for deciding that my controller really needed to interface solely with Steam Big Picture and not Genshin Impact, right as I was 50% through a fight with a boss that was only 15 levels higher than me.

    Well done. I'm not even mad, as I have no fucking idea how you managed to do this.

    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Axen wrote: »
    LZ0L2pt.jpg

    Front: Me bringing my wife out somewhere nice to eat.
    Back: My wife realizing "somewhere nice" is just my favorite bar & grill.

    Babe you haven’t even looked at the appetizer menu yet give it a shot

  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I'm looking forward to this being out on the Switch. I'd enjoy trying it on PC, but I'm not putting a Chinese kernel level driver on my system.

    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    a nu starta nu start Registered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Fair warning. Playing this one a tablet/phone after playing on a pc/console is not very fun.

    It runs like boo-boo on my incredibly mid-range phone. But just the load times and that it doesn't like me to multitask means it's not a great experience.

    Number One Tricky
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    a nu start wrote: »
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Fair warning. Playing this one a tablet/phone after playing on a pc/console is not very fun.

    It runs like boo-boo on my incredibly mid-range phone. But just the load times and that it doesn't like me to multitask means it's not a great experience.

    plus precision stuff like trying to aim an archer can be a aggravating.

  • Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    a nu start wrote: »
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Fair warning. Playing this one a tablet/phone after playing on a pc/console is not very fun.

    It runs like boo-boo on my incredibly mid-range phone. But just the load times and that it doesn't like me to multitask means it's not a great experience.

    plus precision stuff like trying to aim an archer can be a aggravating.

    there's two achievements that are essentially "hit a weakspot from really far away!"

    I can't imagine that'll be uhh, easy on mobile.

    With that being said it runs pretty well on my pixel 4 xl, could totally see myself logging in and doing like dailies here and there on it but the game feels so much better on PC

  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    I'm still downloading it from the launcher. It's been real slow. I'm also not sure where I want to play this. What's the performance like on the PS4? I love the idea of sitting on the couch and gaming with this, without having to buy some long HDMI cable to run between rooms, but I'm bummed that version doesn't support cross saves.

    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    I haven't tried it there but from what I've heard PS4 performance is...not that great. It's probably manageable but I'm not sure I'd want to put up with stutters when I know how smooth it is on my PC.

  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Kyanilis wrote: »
    I haven't tried it there but from what I've heard PS4 performance is...not that great. It's probably manageable but I'm not sure I'd want to put up with stutters when I know how smooth it is on my PC.

    It's kinda framey, but mostly fine.

    Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    There's a free 4* accessory from talking to a nun in the cathedral, btw.

    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    There is no way Xiangling hasn't eaten people before.

    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    If you're on the America server they were handing out a code you can redeem for a little extra primos and mora: Genshin0928N

    Can redeem it at https://genshin.mihoyo.com/en/gift

    No idea how long it'll last or if there's anything else about a specific AR before you can redeem it, I just redeemed it and it worked fine though.

  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Kyanilis wrote: »
    If you're on the America server they were handing out a code you can redeem for a little extra primos and mora: Genshin0928N

    Can redeem it at https://genshin.mihoyo.com/en/gift

    No idea how long it'll last or if there's anything else about a specific AR before you can redeem it, I just redeemed it and it worked fine though.

    "Unable to redeem for the current adventurer rank" is what I get.

    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Kyanilis wrote: »
    If you're on the America server they were handing out a code you can redeem for a little extra primos and mora: Genshin0928N

    Can redeem it at https://genshin.mihoyo.com/en/gift

    No idea how long it'll last or if there's anything else about a specific AR before you can redeem it, I just redeemed it and it worked fine though.

    "Unable to redeem for the current adventurer rank" is what I get.

    Yeah, I'm AR 17. I think a lot of things are going to be AR 10 or above, at worst AR 15?

  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    AR 15 and that code worked fine. So at most 15, I'm going to agree with Kyanilis and say probably 10.

    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »
    AR 15 and that code worked fine. So at most 15, I'm going to agree with Kyanilis and say probably 10.

    14 for me, but a lot of the events seem to trip in the 5-10 range, and then 10-15 has a bunch of system unlocks.

    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
Sign In or Register to comment.