Options

[Genshin Impact] Breath of the Gacha (1.2 out now!)

• Options
    ArdArd Registered User regular
    It actually took me time to find the shop when I went to spend my stardust or whatever it was called before the reset tomorrow, because it doesn’t have like 4 flashy icons all over pointing to it. Just a normal and innocuous menu option.

• Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    Ard wrote: »
    It actually took me time to find the shop when I went to spend my stardust or whatever it was called before the reset tomorrow, because it doesn’t have like 4 flashy icons all over pointing to it. Just a normal and innocuous menu option.

When I went to buy something I had to to it in the indirect half-assed way by clicking on something I couldn't afford. I didn't realize, until just now, that there is actually a dedicated SHOP section in the menu. . .and not in the quick menu for some reason.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    The more I let this percolate in my head, while it has breath of the wild’s climbing and gliding, it’s almost more analogous to xenoblade 2 to me.

edit: context would help, y’all can’t read my mind. I mean with the way it has gachas, the general combat system and combos, the expeditions, while still being mostly linear.

Ard on
  • Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    I tried this out tonight. Surprisingly fun for a gacha game!

I got Fischl, Xiangling, and Xinqiu in my initial pulls, so I guess I'll be running with them! I like electric archer lady, she seems pretty fun to play.

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

I got Fischl, Xiangling, and Xinqiu in my initial pulls, so I guess I'll be running with them! I like electric archer lady, she seems pretty fun to play.

Fischl is really good. Worth noting her active persists after character swap - you can cycle to her, unload her skills, and swap off and the raven will still be there zapping things.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Got Bennett from my first beginner summon, he seems just ok.

Got Razor on the second. Now I'm set for life

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    I would like to stop pulling useful 4* characters that force me to re-evaluate my team comp again. I need so many levelup materials T_T

First Barbara comes along, where her E works really well if you pop it, swap to Fischl, and then run your Q or just sit on the face of an enemy. Constant electrocutions.

Now Xingqui shows up whose kit seems entirely suited around turning Fischl into a goddess.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »

Fischl is really good. Worth noting her active persists after character swap - you can cycle to her, unload her skills, and swap off and the raven will still be there zapping things.
    A lot of tier lists hold Fischl at S-Tier classed as a support because her bird is so damn strong and persists awhile.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Got Barbara and Sucrose on top of Noelle. Kinda bummed that I got two mages, would've liked some more variety. Maybe someone with a polearm or something. Oh well, them seem cool enough. Sucrose has cute ears :D

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Hey, today's PA is about Genshin.

qhg1ul-ZZqY3rvfc.jpg

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    The only downside to having Keqing and Venti is that I don't really have room for Fischl.
    Also, if you think the Barbara synergy is good on Fischl... let me tell you that is effect is on steroids when it's a lightning melee character.

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Some general tips for newer players (most all of us I guess).

1) Hold on to your resources! Gacha games generally give a ton of fancy resources while you’re new, but later they become rare. Just hang on to stuff for now until you have a much better idea of what it is and how you want to use it.

2) Pick up everything! I think nearly everything in the game is used in some fashion to improve characters/gear. Trust me, it is really annoying to be short on one specific thing that you’ve seen a dozen times but now you can’t find it anywhere.

3) While I’d say it is fine to level up whoever you want to 20 I wouldn’t go past that with more than four or five characters. At least for now find a nice party comp you like and stick with it for a good while.

4) When looking at party comp, at least initially, try not to focus to much on character synergy and focus more on elemental synergy. Ie: Grab fire and lightning characters as opposed to specific fire and lighting characters. Later on you’ll have a better idea of what specifically you want from character combos, but in the beginning just having that elemental synergy alone will do you a world of good.

5) I would recommend pulling from the beginner Banner only once for now. Once should give you Noelle and she is a really solid character. After that I’d wait until AR20 to start pulling again. Reason being is that you’ll get Babs and Xiangling for free at AR20. Babs you just get and Xiangling is a challenge reward that unlocks at AR20.

6) At least until you start hitting level 20 with your characters I’d only use 3* weapons. I also wouldn’t level those past 20. By the time you start hitting level 20 you should have a better idea of what your characters need. At that point I’d look in to leveling/ascending 4* and up weapons. Even then don’t do a whole bunch. Just focus on what your party needs.

7). Don’t worry overmuch about secondary stats on Artifacts, again while under level 20. Just focus on the primary stat for that character. ATK for melee DPS, Elemental Mastery for Mages, DEF for tanks and for Archers probably Crit DMG though honestly it seems to be more of a case by case basis depending on the character. At least IMHO. For instance I do Crit DMG for Amber but for Fischl I do Elemental Mastery because her Q/E is so nice.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    Addendum to Axen's note, which is absolutely right to optimal play:

Ultimately this is a single player game and you can beat all of it with the free, starter characters. If you did anything that wasn't optimal, or don't want to sweat it, don't! The game is not going anywhere and you'll be able to get more of anything. Don't let FOMO and gacha block you fun if you don't want to.

• Options
    To be fair, getting Xiangling right at AR 20 is a bit rough, as the last round has level 45 enemies. Bit of a slog.

• Options
    Getting to the Spiral: "Well this is easy. On to Lvl 2. This is eas - what the fuck! Level 40?!"

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    This looks exactly in my wheel house except for the anime but i was pretty shocked how hard it was to actually find how to get the dang thing on pc

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    This looks exactly in my wheel house except for the anime but i was pretty shocked how hard it was to actually find how to get the dang thing on pc

Don't you just download it from their website?

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options

Don't you just download it from their website?

Yeah, but when was the last time you had to do that for a game? And it didn't say anywhere that's what you did, most articles just mentioned Google Play.

• Options
    Got Barbara and Sucrose on top of Noelle. Kinda bummed that I got two mages, would've liked some more variety. Maybe someone with a polearm or something. Oh well, them seem cool enough. Sucrose has cute ears :D

Xiangling is a spear user, and you get her from the level 20 event, but as mentioned above, doing it then might not be the easiest.

• Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Picked up Venti and Diluc this morning on ~10 pulls from primagems. Seems decent?

Edit: It feels a little weird that there's no Inn or good way to mass heal the group without taking charges from a statue or eating. I guess on the plus side food seems pretty plentiful if you're in the habit of picking everything up, and most of the food items I can cook are a pretty decent health boost at least at character level 20.

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular

If you search for it, click on their website, and then click on the thing that says "Windows" it prompts you to download an exe. How much clearer could they be?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Picked up Venti and Diluc this morning on ~10 pulls from primagems. Seems decent?

Edit: It feels a little weird that there's no Inn or good way to mass heal the group without taking charges from a statue or eating. I guess on the plus side food seems pretty plentiful if you're in the habit of picking everything up, and most of the food items I can cook are a pretty decent health boost at least at character level 20.

Yeah, that's pretty ridiculous luck there to hit a double 5*. Diluc I can confirm is great to have around.

• Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    McMoogle wrote: »

If you search for it, click on their website, and then click on the thing that says "Windows" it prompts you to download an exe. How much clearer could they be?

Being on Steam obviously.

You wonder why MMOs have sudden population jumps when they show up on Steam? This is why.

• Options
    edited September 2020
    McMoogle wrote: »

LOTS
    more than they were. And when you go to their website you have to wait for quite a while while that dipshit movie plays plus the other crap and then they send you to a DIFFERENT website to download and I repeat that none of the articles I read about the thing actually said where to get it.

It's not like it was impossible or anything but with al the talk about it was funny none of the sites actually mention where it is for PC is all.

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    AR20 achieved.

Time to work on Spiral Abyss.

I’ve ascended MC and Razor once and I need to decide who else I will ascend. Planning to run MC, Razor, Lisa, Kaeya or something like that.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular

This is why I try to keep one person in my party that functions as a healer. To avoid having to constantly feed people.

Also that roll is ridiculous, congrats on one of the best DPS, and also Venti.

Characters
  • Options
    Oh. So it is probably a good idea to go to the TALENTS tab and actually read, in depth, what each of the characters powers do. It's not just "Deal X Amount of Element Damage." Noelle it seems is able to heal when she is the one with the shield as can Barbara (even moreso I guess) when she has Let The Show Begin buff up. . .

They all also have some passive Perk such as making more food which is why the game gives you the option to switch from the MC to cook which I never did because "Why would I."

Also neat: instead of using the CONFIRM button to swap out characters, you can fine tune them with Quick Select so that you can (as I do) have your damage dealers on Up and Down, and your casters on Left and Right for each peasy swapping. The more you know (that the game doesn't tell you).

• Options
    Is there a hotkey for the Confirm button? It's annoying to have to click it during wish pulls, cooking, and a few other places.

• Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    ED! wrote: »
    They all also have some passive Perk such as making more food which is why the game gives you the option to switch from the MC to cook which I never did because "Why would I."

Something else I noticed about this is that if you're on, say, the forging screen and you have a character with a perk not selected the "change" button will actually pulse to let you know. So it's worth keeping an eye on that.

• Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Gooo did 20 rolls on the ven banner. One 4 star char which was a duplicate and then I think I got stardust instead of the constellation item despite clearly picking the latter

So... that was a pretty horrible 20 wishes

616610-1.png
  • Options
    Disrupter wrote: »
    Gooo did 20 rolls on the ven banner. One 4 star char which was a duplicate and then I think I got stardust instead of the constellation item despite clearly picking the latter

So... that was a pretty horrible 20 wishes

You get both.

• Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    I've been rather impressed at how generous this game is when it comes to the grind. I'm sure once I unlock the map and get higher level, the grind will become apparent, but for now, it's a pretty fun open worldathon.

Fischl + Xiangling seems like a pretty decent combo so far in terms of damage dealers, but I'm still super low level.

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    Honestly I won't be installing the PC version until a third party picks it up specifically because of the security concerns.

• Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Honestly I won't be installing the PC version until a third party picks it up specifically because of the security concerns.

It's your PC so do whatever but when/if it ends up on Steam that isn't going to change its anti-cheat.

• Options
    Okay, yes, Xingqiu's Q into swapping to Fischl turns her into an overloading machine gun that also gains 20% damage reduction and healing. This is fine.

Characters
  • Options
    I'm really liking Xiangling as a DPS support. Dropping Guoba then swapping to Razor is pretty good. Also adding Barbara to that team for Hydro effects, and rounding outwith Amber to give 25% ATK from Elemental Resonance.

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    What's the difference between a 3 star and a 5 star in this game? Just stronger/more interesting/something else?

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    Characters are all 4 or 5 stars. I don't think there is a statistical difference, it comes down to their talents and passives.

5 star characters are generally considered better then 4 stars, but you're not going to miss out on any content without them. It is easier to max out constellations (requires duplicate pulls) for a 4 start which gives some nice perks as well.

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Have they given any indication when 1.1 will drop? I feel like I'm pressing to get AR20 as quickly as possible so I don't miss out on free Barbara, currently about halfway through AR15.

Also got my first dupe character (Ningguang), so I started playing around with her. She's pretty fun, and the constellation abilities seem powerful in general.

Grundlestiltskin on
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Have they given any indication when 1.1 will drop? I feel like I'm pressing to get AR20 as quickly as possible so I don't miss out on free Barbara, currently about halfway through AR15.

Also got my first dupe character (Ningguang), so I started playing around with her. She's pretty fun, and the constellation abilities seem powerful in general.

Nothing official yet, but people are speculating mid-October. From what I understand it is with good cause (though I'm not up on the particulars) and not a random time picked by a hopeful community.

edit- Speaking of 1.1

We are getting at least two new characters, one of which comes from an Event.
    Possibly a new zone. It is all but confirmed at this moment, though size is still up in the air with some speculating about the size of Liyue (again for reasons that are beyond me). Zone is strongly suggested to be Inazuma, Japanese themed. Which goes in hand with the Event Character who has a Japanese name.
    Online Friend Notices and PMs
    Ultra Graphic Setting
    New Main Story Quest after AR30.
    A New Event.
    Daily Resin claim
    Android 60fps

And a number of the useful bug fixes and optimizations. Keep in mind this isn't a complete list or anything and it is all unconfirmed for now.

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.