Options

[Genshin Impact] Breath of the Gacha (1.2 out now!)

• Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    Have they given any indication when 1.1 will drop? I feel like I'm pressing to get AR20 as quickly as possible so I don't miss out on free Barbara, currently about halfway through AR15.

Not yet but the signs are pointing at mid to late October still. It almost certainly won't come while the Venti banner is up, at least, so you probably still have a few weeks.

They did already open up testing of it to Chinese players, though, so it's definitely nearly ready.

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Reasoning is around Oct 11 or 12th because all the notices say do this before update 1.1 and then in the fine print say you have to claim it by October 11th 10pm, whatever time zone the game is in.

Lorek on
  • Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    Axen wrote: »
    Some general tips for newer players (most all of us I guess).

5) I would recommend pulling from the beginner Banner only once for now. Once should give you Noelle and she is a really solid character. After that I’d wait until AR20 to start pulling again. Reason being is that you’ll get Babs and Xiangling for free at AR20. Babs you just get and Xiangling is a challenge reward that unlocks at AR20.

Sigh, I pulled xiangling on my first pull, good to know that was useless/a waste

steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular
    Some general tips for newer players (most all of us I guess).

5) I would recommend pulling from the beginner Banner only once for now. Once should give you Noelle and she is a really solid character. After that I’d wait until AR20 to start pulling again. Reason being is that you’ll get Babs and Xiangling for free at AR20. Babs you just get and Xiangling is a challenge reward that unlocks at AR20.

Sigh, I pulled xiangling on my first pull, good to know that was useless/a waste
    doubles of a character is good, lets you advance their constellation for the sweet perks.

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    The upgrades for dupes arent bad at all.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    getting dupes is good, and I wouldn't worry about that 2nd pull on the beginner banner. I did both as soon as I hit AR 10. it's up to each individual but since the Acquaint Fate is only for standard/beginner banner it't a non-issue to me.

I wouldn't suggest spending gems on the Standard banner unless you're whaling though.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    The upgrades for dupes arent bad at all.

For instance: Fischl. Her 1st constellation upgrade lets her bird fire 22% ATK shots every time you attack, regardless of whether it's out on the field or not.

I really, really, really want a dupe Fischl.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Fischl and Xiangling combo is so utterly destructive that I'm 80% certain there is a line about it in the Geneva Convention.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Woo, got Fischl and Beidou on a 10x wish. On top of the Barbara, Noelle, and Sucrose I already had. Basically the only thing I really would want is a polearm character. Other than that, I feel pretty good about my lineup.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    Fischl and Xiangling combo is so utterly destructive that I'm 80% certain there is a line about it in the Geneva Convention.

I’ve been running Razor with Xiangling and it’s also hella solid.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    https://www.dualshockers.com/genshin-impact-spyware-controversy-mihoyo-explained/

Grain of salt and all but I didnt see this posted and its concerning. I think I will continue not playing was fun but too greedy imho for pve gacha and now caught snooping on clipboard on ios.

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Okay I’m giving this one a miss even on Switch. That’s two too many security issues.

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Woo, got to adventurer level 15, got most of the first area explored plus a bit of the 2nd area, finished almost all the sidequests currently available, got all my characters up to level 20, all but 3 of them ascended, and then my main character up to level 40.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Wasn't sure if I was gonna hit AR23 today but now whoops, AR24.

Exploring and opening up teleporters and such in the second area is a nice boost of xp.

Kyanilis on
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    thirty pulls on that damn fourth set of stuff and ALL WEAPONS

i. m. cranky

is there any way to switch the A and B buttons for menus? that is screwing with my head something fierce.

• Options
    Tiger BurningTiger Burning Dig if you will, the pictureRegistered User, SolidSaints Tube regular
    edited October 2020
    Kyanilis wrote: »

Exploring and opening up teleporters and such in the second area is a nice boost of xp.

Dang. I'm 18 and I feel like I've been playing kind of a lot. Maybe I'm doing the wrong things - I haven't entered the 2nd area at all.

I hope they do something cool for Holloween. Part of the appeal of gacha games, for me, are all the holiday themed fests and special events. I wonder if the production costs of a game like this will limit them in a way that a game that's only 2D sprites and backgrounds wouldn't be.

Tiger Burning on
    Ain't no particular sign I'm more compatible with
  • Options
    edited October 2020

Dang. I'm 18 and I feel like I've been playing kind of a lot. Maybe I'm doing the wrong things - I haven't entered the 2nd area at all.

I hope they do something cool for Holloween. Part of the appeal of gacha games, for me, are all the holiday themed fests and special events. I wonder if the production costs of a game like this will limit them in a way that a game that's only 2D sprites and backgrounds wouldn't be.

Probably not. Their prior game is also 3D and does plenty of skins for holidays to draw in $$$.

Polaritie on
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I unlocked multi and a buddy joined so we tried to go to Temple of the Falcon. We're both level 16 with level 20 characters, but the screen said "Recommended level is 20" and I couldn't hit go, so I'm not sure what's up with that.

What content IS good with multi?

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    @Darkewolfe probably world bosses when you unlock them and running around to both collect Crystal and Iron.

I made it through Abyss 3-3 last night, and it was a challenge. I can see needing to upgrade at least weapons to level 40 before going further.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Found the hydro elite world boss and damn that's a cool fight design.

Characters
  • Options
    Aegis wrote: »
    Found the hydro elite world boss and damn that's a cool fight design.

Did the electro one myself yesterday and likewise. Not sure if the various cubes have different moves but it was actually tricky.

• Options
    I found the anemo element boss and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to kill it. I did the electric one, but when the anemo one gets low health, the pieces its split into jump up into the air and I can't target them. Then it heals back up again.

• Options
    Lorek wrote: »
    I found the anemo element boss and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to kill it. I did the electric one, but when the anemo one gets low health, the pieces its split into jump up into the air and I can't target them. Then it heals back up again.

Yikes. That sounds dumb. Archers maybe? Ugh.

• Options
    got through Andurius, Dominator of the North this morning.

no catalyst drop though.

• Options
    edited October 2020

One of the attacks creates some updrafts. Use those to glide and collect those Anemo orbs.

I think all the Hypostasis bosses have some sort of heal mechanic to get through.

Feldorn on
  • Options
    Feldorn wrote: »
    got through Andurius, Dominator of the North this morning.

no catalyst drop though.

This was also a fun fight!

However, I cannot dodge his attacks if my life depended on it. This time I was overleveled, but lord I'm going to have to learn that fight better for higher world levels or I'm going to get destroyed.

Characters
  • Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular

Are you doing the Blossoms? Those are a good way to get AR expecially if you have currency to top up the resin (another currency). I got to Lvl 20 around the end of the first area mostly through questing and picking up little ticks of AR though chests and the like. Also actively completing the Adventure Book.

. . .but mostly the Blossoms. There was one time where they just kept spawning so I just kept hitting them up.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options

Watched a youtube and saw how.. super dumb, I don't know how you'd ever guess that

Spoilered in case people want to figure it out on your own.
    It makes updrafts near the little orbs; you have to jump into the updrafts and just glide through the orbs. You don't have to attack them at all.
    If you can clear all the orbs, then it dies. Or heals less depending on how many orbs you were able to jump through.

• Options
    Dear Devs,

Rock themed enemies are supposed to be slow and lumbering not super fast and ninja agile!

- XOXOXO Axen

• Options

Watched a youtube and saw how.. super dumb, I don't know how you'd ever guess that

It makes updrafts near the little orbs; you have to jump into the updrafts and just glide through the orbs. You don't have to attack them at all.
    If you can clear all the orbs, then it dies. Or heals less depending on how many orbs you were able to jump through.

So when you first encounter them there's a little popup that tells you about the orbs. It's the "Combat Knowledge" thing you get. However, if you skip it there's not currently a way to view it. In the Chinese client there's another section in the menu the Global launch doesn't have called "Guide" and I think all of that info is supposed to go there. I suspect the translations for it aren't done which is why it's not showing up yet, I don't see any other reason it'd be missing. But yes, right now all of that info just vanishes after you view it once, sadly.

• Options

So when you first encounter them there's a little popup that tells you about the orbs. It's the "Combat Knowledge" thing you get. However, if you skip it there's not currently a way to view it. In the Chinese client there's another section in the menu the Global launch doesn't have called "Guide" and I think all of that info is supposed to go there. I suspect the translations for it aren't done which is why it's not showing up yet, I don't see any other reason it'd be missing. But yes, right now all of that info just vanishes after you view it once, sadly.

That'll teach me. I assumed it was the same as the electric one where you blow up the little nodes with element damage so I didn't read the anemo one :(

• Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Man, this game is pretty good?

Like once you get the hang of swapping characters and chaining the elemental effects combat is fun, the world is just crammed with stuff and the plot, whilst pretty basic, is at least enough to keep your trucking along.

If they had released this without the Gacha as a paid title I would have bought this.

• Options
    bobAkirafettbobAkirafett Registered User regular
    edited October 2020

The new enemy pop up for this boss says that btw...is there anyway to review the new enemy pop ups? The plant one smashes me right up.

edit:ah shit, several people have chimed in, my bad.

bobAkirafett on
    akirasig.jpg
  • Options
    Well, got my pity 5* and it was Jean.

Goodbye Barbara, it was nice using you while it lasted. Hello Jean, welcome to the party.

Characters
  • Options
    DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    I'm AR 16 now and pulled Diluc. He hits like a truck. Running Diluc, Fischl, Kaeya and Noelle. Getting her healing to trigger doesn't seem to happen very often. I want a better healer.

Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    So i started playing this morning. i had heard the name of the game a few times over the last few weeks, but never really paid attention to it until i stumbled onto a youtube video. I'm okay with throwing some money at a gatcha, so i started downloading it yesterday but it was really slow for some reason, so didnt get going until this morning.

Played through AR 5 or so, unlocked wishes. figured id see how my luck was going to go with this game, so used the free wishes to do a pull on Diluc's banner, got 1 character that according to tier lists is pretty low tier (sugar or something). kept playing with the story character a bit, later used more free wishes to pull on the beginner banner, but held off on using the character they gave you. I spent some time figuring out how the currency system works...(Why are there two different 'stores'...took me forever to figure out how to get to the screen where you buy the currency with cash...did some math on how expensive pulls were and what the pity timers were and such...figured it would be worth a little investment. i had almost enough prims to do another 10 pull, but bought a pack of currency anyway, then did another 10 pull on Diluc's banner.

I got Diluc. Well, guess im good for now. dumped all my xp items on him, merged the big mace duplicates together, enhanced it to level 20 or so, and spend the rest of the day curbstomping everything. only time ive died is when i didnt notice i was out of stamina running and jumped off a cliff.

Currently AR 15, ascended Diluc and 2 others (Also got a barbara). Diluc is level 37, and im still like halfway through the first area. Got a nice pile of currency, will decide what im going to do with it later...looking at trying to craft a 4* claymore to replace his mace. 5* would be nice but im not going to spend real cash on the weapon banner if i can help it.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    Got dupes of Barbara and Noelle. Looks like I'll probably keep them in the party for now.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Hit AR10 and got another free parcel of rolls:

PgchAtWl.png

I will never turn down a 5* given how rates are...

...but I wanted Jean!

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    I gotta say, the free gacha's they've given away have done a great job of convincing me to never spend any real money on their gachas.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    From what I’ve gathered the Welkin’s Blessing in the shop is absolutely worth the money (if you feel like spending some at any rate). It is 300 gems up front and then 2700 over the course of 30 days for $5 USD.

The two other packs they sell in that same tab are hot garbage however.