As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Quit your [job] thread

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    If you can get paid to be drunk then you should get paid to be drunk

This is the way of the Juggernut

• Options
    Well this has backfired spectacularly.

The directions to log onto the thing were written by a devious and belligerent trickster god and would be difficult to parse even while sober.

I never stood a chance.

• Options
    CalicaCalica Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    When I moved into my current apartment, the off-street parking was a gravel lot in the backyard. All three cars (my vehicle plus the two belonging to the couple who live in the other unit) had ample space to park and to turn around, so no one had to back down the ridiculously narrow driveway. There was even room for a fourth car.

A month later, the concrete pad for a garage was poured. Now only the car parked in the middle space has room to turn, but all three still fit (barely). We make it work.

Last week, over a year after the foundation was poured, framing went up for the garage.

It is a 2-door garage.

Overnight parking on the street is illegal.

Hmm.

edit: I work from home, which makes this work-related... right?

Calica on
  • Options
    Oh no there are 9 courses and they are interactive this is going terribly wrong.

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    What do you meal prep to eat when being on the road for 8 hours in a company car?

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    My work week starts on Saturday.

I have officially worked a bit over 30 hours so far this work week. And I'm scheduled every day!

• Options
    DessertedDesserted Dessert desertRegistered User regular
    Slim Jims

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    granola bars and like, a sandwich probably.

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    Just put, 'nunya'

"ummm Mr. Jongyo, I see if you have written nunya next to nearly half of the exit interview questions. What is nunya"

"nunya business, now jog on!"

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Peanut butter or artificial cheese crackers for sure, and some good beef jerky. Play a game where every half hour you eat a cracker and every two hours you get a slab of jerky. At the midpoint, you drink a Dr Pepper. Worked wonders to pass the time on the tractor.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Made excellent breakfast burrito.

Coffee potatoes. Will be hungry as fuck later but an excellent start to the day

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    getting real fed up with stupidity at work

I had to sit in training today and have explained to me the importance of doing a specific system evolution. An evolution that I have been telling management for months that we need to do, because we have been having equipment instabilities that this procedure would fix. Except management decided to lay up the equipment needed for doing the procedure for like 3 months because they are just really intelligent people.

I nearly lost it in training. Like really, I almost had to get up and leave. I think things are getting to me....

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Oof

Just had an alum reach out for email help. Except they graduated in 2016 and their shit should've been turned off like 3 years ago. So now I gotta be a dick and report her account and have her login turned off and all her stuff deleted and she just wanted to add her email to her phone.

I feel like a damn cop rn.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Tox wrote: »
    Oof

Just had an alum reach out for email help. Except they graduated in 2016 and their shit should've been turned off like 3 years ago. So now I gotta be a dick and report her account and have her login turned off and all her stuff deleted and she just wanted to add her email to her phone.

My university has been lightly discussing lifetime alumni email to resolve this issue. But on the other side of the coin, there's the desire to no longer be an ISP - giving someone a .edu email address isn't the selling point it was in the 80s / 90s, and it comes with a lot of baggage. Of course, if we had students bring their own email, there are still FERPA concerns, there's questions of spam, and of course there are legit students who don't have email or access to technology. And naturally, we need our own business email to conduct university tasks and such with.

It's... a minefield. Don't feel bad for being the cop; find who let the account not get auto-deprovisioned (with proper notifications) and chew them out. :D

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    expendableexpendable Silly Goose Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Oof

Is this a situation where you can be all "Hey, I have to do this thing. I'm really slammed, so it will take me 24/48 hours to get it done, but at the end of that time period all your shit goes POOF so grab what you need now?."

Not that I've ever done anything like that in similar circumstances, nosiree cybersecurity folks.

expendable on
    Djiem wrote: »
    Lokiamis wrote: »
    So the servers suddenly decide to cramp up during the last six percent.
    Man, the Director will really go out of his way to be a dick to L4D players.
    Steam
  • Options
    TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Having some existential woes today. Wish I knew how to get my life in order.

Hey. You're a goddamn tyrannosaurus rex. I believe in you giant tyrant lizard.

oh h*ck
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    edited December 2020
    expendable wrote: »
    Oof

Is this a situation where you can be all "Hey, I have to do this thing. I'm really slammed, so it will take me 24/48 hours to get it done, but at the end of that time period all your shit goes POOF so grab what you need now?."

Not that I've ever done anything like that in similar circumstances, nosiree cybersecurity folks.

Honestly I might not have even made the ticket but the student decided they were gonna call back tomorrow so now I kinda gotta cuz if somebody searches her and sees where I didn't make the ticket (and they way the student reached out it's easy to see whether or not I did it) then I'd get in trouble. BUT because they're gonna call back I can just make the ticket and sit on it for a couple of days with the excuse of I was waiting to see if they called in or not before sending it up to avoid duplication. So that's a thing.
    Athenor wrote: »
    My university has been lightly discussing lifetime alumni email to resolve this issue. But on the other side of the coin, there's the desire to no longer be an ISP - giving someone a .edu email address isn't the selling point it was in the 80s / 90s, and it comes with a lot of baggage. Of course, if we had students bring their own email, there are still FERPA concerns, there's questions of spam, and of course there are legit students who don't have email or access to technology. And naturally, we need our own business email to conduct university tasks and such with.

It's... a minefield. Don't feel bad for being the cop; find who let the account not get auto-deprovisioned (with proper notifications) and chew them out. :D

We have the alumni emails but it's a separate system so the student login is still supposed to get turned off and everything gets rolled over to the alumni side which is mostly a different department that we never have to mess with because FUCK helping graduates from the year of our lord one-thousand-nine-hundred-and-fifty log in to check their fucking email.

e: and yes, it happens. A lot. We have a retired professor who is over 90 years old who calls us like weekly because they can't understand 2FA.

Tox on
    Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    The bad thing about what happened last night is I was silly and still stayed at work even though I was mentally gone?
    I had to get a few things my brother asked for and I feel he is cursed as he somehow gets unworking codes on cards {Like phone time cards, eshop cards and so on}
    Just I remember the receipt but I have no idea what happened to it
    And I had a weird thing at dinner
    I got really hot then really cold puked a bunch then I am fine? WTF happened to me in the last 24 hours

Still
    I found all receipts I had in my backpack and around yet all but that one?

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Dude.

Go to the Dr.

Call a nurse line.

Stop being a stubborn bloody hero and take care of yourself. You have VA care I'm sure, use it.

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Made excellent breakfast burrito.

Coffee potatoes. Will be hungry as fuck later but an excellent start to the day

Yeah, basically anything that you can jam into a tortilla would be my go-to. Or like a pasty, but unless you’re getting the workout of a tin miner the pasty might be too many calories.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    The bad thing about what happened last night is I was silly and still stayed at work even though I was mentally gone?
    I had to get a few things my brother asked for and I feel he is cursed as he somehow gets unworking codes on cards {Like phone time cards, eshop cards and so on}
    Just I remember the receipt but I have no idea what happened to it
    And I had a weird thing at dinner
    I got really hot then really cold puked a bunch then I am fine? WTF happened to me in the last 24 hours

Still
    I found all receipts I had in my backpack and around yet all but that one?

This sounds like it could be a concussion my dude. You should seek medical attention via any avenue you have open to you as soon as you can.

• Options
    ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    They fucked on the boat bench

That's what I was trying to get at, I'd be lying if I said I didn't sit for like ten minutes thinking "If I post 'They fucked on the bench', will it be obvious that I mean to reference 'they fucked on the boat'?"

I even tried to find the original thread to check the cadence, but I couldn't locate it.

This is why I probably have more unposted drafts than posts.

• Options
    expendableexpendable Silly Goose Registered User regular
    I don't get the "they fucked on a boat" thing.

Djiem wrote: »
    Lokiamis wrote: »
    So the servers suddenly decide to cramp up during the last six percent.
    Man, the Director will really go out of his way to be a dick to L4D players.
    Steam
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Having some existential woes today. Wish I knew how to get my life in order.

For what it's worth, I'm super jealous of your life. So that's at least worth 3 points at the end of the game.

2 points. 2 points at the end of the game.

• Options

well you see there was a boat and

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular

It's from a very old thread from Help & Advice about someone discovering their SO cheating on them with a mutual friend. I can't find the thread off hand due to the search function on this forum being really inaccurate.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited December 2020
    So now that I am not becoming the team lead?

OMG I AM SO GLAD I GET TO TUNE OUT ONE OF MY COWORKERS!

His ability to turn a 5 minute team meeting into a 30 minute rant of repeating the same thing over and over and over and over and over....

I just... Argh. He is the main reason I was not thrilled with applying for a team lead job.

OH MY FUCKING GOD ALL OF THAT WAS JUST THE FIRST POINT OF TWO HE HAD?!

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    i am in a twitter fight with a straight white guy abut how he thinks we should treat trump supporters with care and respect and not hate them or we're no better then they are and gonna be honest it is not one of the high points of my life

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Bored at home with the kid watching Paw Patrol: Oh I'll read my e-mails on my work phone.

I'm a fucking dimwit. I'm not paid to read those e-mails when I'm not on the clock and now I have low level anxiety from a negative e-mail.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Good news! My new work laptop has a camera that actually shows me with regular human skintones. The camera on my personal laptop makes me look like business-casual Thanos, and I've never been able to find a way to change the color balance.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    We have hydraulic hand trucks at work for moving crates and pallets of stuff. They are really maneuverable and now I've got the hang of them I can move stuff around with style.

I've also been getting into Elite Dangerous lately. Which might explain why I've started making spaceship noises when parking pallets.

• Options
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    i am in a twitter fight with a straight white guy abut how he thinks we should treat trump supporters with care and respect and not hate them or we're no better then they are and gonna be honest it is not one of the high points of my life

Log off Twitter and go look at pictures of puppies and kittens for a while.

oh h*ck
  • Options
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Good news! My new work laptop has a camera that actually shows me with regular human skintones. The camera on my personal laptop makes me look like business-casual Thanos, and I've never been able to find a way to change the color balance.

why would you want to

• Options
    Turkson wrote: »

but his replies are so dumb

• Options

Yes. And nothing on this Earth will make him smarter.

oh h*ck
  • Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    i am in a twitter fight with a straight white guy abut how we should treat trump supporters with care and respect and not hate them or we're no better then they are and gonna be honest it is not one of the high points of my life

I mean, worthy cause and all, but yeah, in a twitter fight, say no more.

• Options

but

but

what if i separate him from his kids and put him in a cage with no food or water because like he repeatedly points out i'm no better than trumpfolk

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Im off for one day and I come back to 100+ emails. Thats too many emails! Doesnt even count new tickets assigned to me in our ticketing software.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options

but

but

what if i separate him from his kids and put him in a cage with no food or water because like he repeatedly points out i'm no better than trumpfolk

Lol

In other, better news I get three day weekend for the rest of the month!

oh h*ck
  • Options
    webguy20 wrote: »
    Im off for one day and I come back to 100+ emails. Thats too many emails! Doesnt even count new tickets assigned to me in our ticketing software.

double check, at least 75 should just be from me saying GOOD JOB WEBGUY

This discussion has been closed.