As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Hold The Yogurt

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited September 2020 in The Penny Arcade Hub
imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Hold The Yogurt

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    You can really get a good weight to cost ratio for a bowl of candy at a froyo joint

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    T-DangerT-Danger Registered User regular
    We have a similar thing in the Uk. They're called Pick n Mix counters.

• Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    A lot of grocery stores here let you scoop out bags of free candy. My wife says you have to pay for it, to which I reply, "Not if it never makes it to the checkout lane."

• Options
    LieutenantDanLieutenantDan Registered User regular
    lol gross

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Speaking of game streaming services not being the main course, today I learned you can't stream Google Play games to Stadia. WTF, I can't even play your own product on your product?

Really not sure what Amazon is planning to add, the metaphor being particularly apt. All of Amazon's games so far have been flops.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    Also remember there's never, ever, ever any reason to go with anything other than the largest container possible at those frozen yogurt places. Even if you're just getting a very reasonable serving of frozen yogurt with a very reasonable amount of toppings. There's no reason to not have an extra large container to ensure that your small mountain of toppings stay on the yogurt and not the floor.

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    No physical reason, yes, but psychologically many people feel more satisfied with their food if it fills the container and they finish it (mostly due to behavioral conditioning as a child). So in some cases it would be more beneficial to grab the "right" size and fill it up

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    This reminds of one of the dads I knew from church. He was at a Roy Rogers putting together a little salad of lettuce and other vegetables when a restaurant employee came up and said "Sir, the burger toppings are not a salad bar."

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    RatherDashing89RatherDashing89 Registered User regular
    I have never gone to a Sweet Frog and not just ended up with an expensive bowl of various gummy creatures.

• Options
    LttlefootLttlefoot Registered User regular
    So Xbox and android have teamed up to make something kind of like Apple Arcade? That could be fun if I had an android tablet

And yeah sounds like Tycho’s “froyo” is actually pretty common. I’ll put a nominal amount of yogurt just to satisfy the universe before topping up on sweets

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    This reminds of one of the dads I knew from church. He was at a Roy Rogers putting together a little salad of lettuce and other vegetables when a restaurant employee came up and said "Sir, the burger toppings are not a salad bar."

I did the same thing in high school, except no one ever told me to stop.

• Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    Ringo wrote: »
    You can really get a good weight to cost ratio for a bowl of candy at a froyo joint

Well, if you’re used to the pricing at dedicated candy shops, anyway. Where payment is accepted in the form of suitcases of cash, steel or literal platinum credit cards, gold of dubious origin, or splinters of the True Cross.

"Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Ringo wrote: »

Well, if you’re used to the pricing at dedicated candy shops, anyway. Where payment is accepted in the form of suitcases of cash, steel or literal platinum credit cards, gold of dubious origin, or splinters of the True Cross.

There used to be a Lindt store near me and I pretty much exclusively purchased from their factory seconds bins. Bulk containers of truffles that didn't come out perfectly round or whatever quality standard the brand insisted on and now sold at a heft discount far below normal prices. We're talking like 1/3 of the retail price. Every few months I'd walk out of the store with 1-3 pounds of chocolate (and you were required to buy at least a pound from the seconds bins. It was not a hard sell).

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    shadowysea07shadowysea07 Registered User regular
    That seems like a waste.