As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Holiday [chat]

• Options
    MsAnthropyMsAnthropy The Lady of Pain Breaks the Rhythm, Breaks the Rhythm, Breaks the Rhythm The City of FlowersRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    credeiki wrote: »
    MsAnthropy wrote: »
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Guys VtM Night Road is still very good and well-written and full of interesting details and is also, it turns out, way bigger than I thought it would be

almost intimidatingly so

I cannot recommend it enough, especially for ten of dollar

Yeah, it is huge. Did a play through of a Toreador Detective, and am thinking of trying something more physically oriented on a second go.

Downside is I really wanna play Requiem now.

What kind of game is this, a vn or something else?
    My vampire needs are for the moment fulfilled by a roleplaying game but in the future I may want something like that.

It is basically a text-based CYA with some static images for major NPCs. Means it is more theater of the mind than a VN, but has a ton of depth to it. As an experience I found it miles ahead of the VtM VNs.

MsAnthropy on
    Luscious Sounds Spotify Playlist

"The only real politics I knew was that if a guy liked Hitler, I’d beat the stuffing out of him and that would be it." -- Jack Kirby
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    MsAnthropy wrote: »
    Guys VtM Night Road is still very good and well-written and full of interesting details and is also, it turns out, way bigger than I thought it would be

almost intimidatingly so

I cannot recommend it enough, especially for ten of dollar

Yeah, it is huge. Did a play through of a Toreador Detective, and am thinking of trying something more physically oriented on a second go.

Downside is I really wanna play Requiem now.

What kind of game is this, a vn or something else?
    My vampire needs are for the moment fulfilled by a roleplaying game but in the future I may want something like that.

it's a vn without the v, basically. well that's not entirely true, there are pictures at the chapter breaks but it's like...99.9% just a screen, text, no music, no graphics. I tend to play by putting on the urban horror ambient playlist i made a few years ago and zoning into its vibe.

I don't play a TON of VNs/CYOAs but it seems to have a lot more options than the ones I have played, usually averaging between 3-6 and sometimes as many as a dozen. You have a full game-compatible character sheet and there are invisible stat checks happening based on options you take. It feels like there'll be a lot of replayability here.

@MsAnthropy I went Ventrue, criminology student/bail bondsman, big on mental and somewhat social. flat 1s on all my physical stuff but after the first act I've got driving and firearms and dex pumped so I now feel like I'm slipping into my bad boy with a heart of gold groove.

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    when is the new game out. it's been a minute since I heard anything

do you mean bloodlines 2 or some hades thing

if it's the former, i have no idea. people in the Bloodlines thread seem kind of down on it and it sounds like it's had a troubled development but I don't know the details

well it can't be in any more trouble than the first game

Are you really risking jinxing this, in the year of our lord 2020?

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    guys help me find a backpack please

48hour ish size, needs to be on Prime

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Big Boi. Such Wow.

YCGMUnah.jpg

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    when is the new game out. it's been a minute since I heard anything

do you mean bloodlines 2 or some hades thing

if it's the former, i have no idea. people in the Bloodlines thread seem kind of down on it and it sounds like it's had a troubled development but I don't know the details

well it can't be in any more trouble than the first game

Are you really risking jinxing this, in the year of our lord 2020?

the lord doesn't own 2020
    it has been forsaken
    forsook
    forshook

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    I have finally attempted to get back into working out for the first time since moving

I cut my routine short because I was already feeling wobbliness and soreness, and today I am made entirely of DOMS

I have lost all my strength. I am so mushy. God.

You should @ Tav and I

Tell us of your conquests

Maybe when I can do real pushups again instead of from the knees

My shoulder and forearm issues both hinder my progress and are hugely mitigated by that progress so I need to keep at it

I do need some bodyweight exercises for the back. I sold my weight bench when I moved, because the new building will have a gym, but obviously the gym is complicated in the middle of a second wave

I guess I'll do standing dumbbell rows

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    Does it seem like in Hades, you will always get 2 daedalus hammers even if you pass up a couple options to get them (e.g. to take a chaos gate instead?) I feel like it tries to give you more hammers if you miss them, but I'm not sure.
    You'll get 1 hammer in either Tartarus or Asphodel. If you miss a hammer in Tartarus, it will often offer a hammer to you in Asphodel again. You will get a second hammer in Elysium. Very rarely, you'll get a third hammer in Elysium, too (I had a run with 3 separate hammer rooms, 1 in Tartarus and 2 in Elysium), but most of the time, the only way to get triple hammers is buying the anvil at Charon's shop at the end (which replaces a random Hammer for 2 separate random Hammer buffs).

EDIT: Also, I once hopped down a Chaos Gate without looking at the exits carefully and saw a Hammer (Nooooo!) but when I got the Chaos boon, one of the exits was a Hammer. :D

Do you know though if you deliberately don't take a hammer, will it give you a replacement one later so that you get to two before level 4?
    I'm asking because I deliberately skipped one just now to go through a chaos gate, and then I think got 2 in Elysium, but I wasn't keeping close track, so I'm just not sure.
    I think that the game will attempt to roll 2 Hammers for you eventually, but this is definitely not guaranteed. The Hammer will continue to appear on the rollable tables for room rewards until you pick up a Hammer in Tartarus or Asphodel, in other words. For Elysium, I have no idea, but I think there should be at least one Hammer on that one. I'm not sure if you miss out on the Asphodel/Tartarus hammer that the game will roll up two hammer rooms in Elysium to make up for it.

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    i feel like such a non power user lel. but is there any way to set hades (on pc) to not minimize when alt tabbing away? i have two monitors and i can't manage to get any combo of full screen and or borderless to let me alt tab to another screen while the game is still like, displayed and not minimized on my other monitor

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Speaking of progress, i am proud of inktober 2, though I messed up the eyes a bit

Very mildly NSFW maybe?

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    also gameplay question: i'm probably like 15 runs in and i just noticed i can access a menu to show all my active buffs and stuff lmao

i can press a and like, activate them? or highlight them? or mark them? what is this doing?

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Chanus your bulle skills are impressive!

I will be baking tomorrow unless something unexpected happens like being lazy.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    also gameplay question: i'm probably like 15 runs in and i just noticed i can access a menu to show all my active buffs and stuff lmao

i can press a and like, activate them? or highlight them? or mark them? what is this doing?

Press B to get a menu to actually see what they do.

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    I liked Bastion but Hades seems like the sort of game I'd enjoy watching rather than actually playing

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    Hey-des more like Bye-des

• Options
    ronya wrote: »
    I liked Bastion but Hades seems like the sort of game I'd enjoy watching rather than actually playing

You could always just put it on God Mode?

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Is there a good place to get art these days that isn't $Texas? Like, I can get an original from a local artist at the art store, but then I need to finance it and no.

I keep seeing ads for Displate, and I like a lot of the designs I've seen. Is that a decent source?

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Nova_C wrote: »
    Is there a good place to get art these days that isn't $Texas? Like, I can get an original from a local artist at the art store, but then I need to finance it and no.

I keep seeing ads for Displate, and I like a lot of the designs I've seen. Is that a decent source?

Define "art"? Like, a portrait? Landscape? You generally need to pay for the artist's time since they're not exactly working for fun. I have a friend who does watercolors of pets for a decent price, but that's because it's mostly just a hobby for her.

Comissions are easy enough to find online.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Those of you in IT, what do you think of this google IT support certificate thing? My niece is about to get out of running start/turn 18, and is trying to figure out she wants to do, and it seems like a great way into the field, if it's something people might be hiring with those certificates.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    ronya wrote: »

You could always just put it on God Mode?

ooh, that does sound like a nice feature

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited October 2020
    Chanus wrote: »
    oxu8bv20joac.jpg

it's kanelbullar season my dudes

@
    @

edit: vanilla ate my joke

Echo on
  • Options
    Depending on location but sometimes you can find local art scene people hosting temporary “galleries” and selling prints. I’ve found a handful of really sweet stuff that way.

Also second hand shops imo. There seems to be like 5 painters per every person in the world. Every second hand shop will have paintings by roughly 250 different people. I have no idea who paints all that stuff. I have one painting I bought at second hand for $15 and it’s one of the best things I’ve seen - subjectively. I absolutely love every stroke of it.

• Options

Define "art"? Like, a portrait? Landscape? You generally need to pay for the artist's time since they're not exactly working for fun. I have a friend who does watercolors of pets for a decent price, but that's because it's mostly just a hobby for her.

Sorry, I meant just like, art prints and the like. Not commissions (I've got a couple of those, just looking to fill the walls out a bit). Specifically gamer/nerd related. I used to get stuff from Thinkgeek and Society6, but Thinkgeek is gone and I just went to Society6 and they don't seem to have those categories anymore.

• Options
    The joke is that @ signs are nicknamed "cinnamon buns" in Swedish

• Options
    i feel like such a non power user lel. but is there any way to set hades (on pc) to not minimize when alt tabbing away? i have two monitors and i can't manage to get any combo of full screen and or borderless to let me alt tab to another screen while the game is still like, displayed and not minimized on my other monitor

Windowed should be what you are looking for?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

That one's good

This is another one: https://society6.com/

We recently bought this from that site:
    abstract-beauty-a-prints.jpg

• Options
    Honk wrote: »
    Depending on location but sometimes you can find local art scene people hosting temporary “galleries” and selling prints. I’ve found a handful of really sweet stuff that way.

Also second hand shops imo. There seems to be like 5 painters per every person in the world. Every second hand shop will have paintings by roughly 250 different people. I have no idea who paints all that stuff. I have one painting I bought at second hand for $15 and it’s one of the best things I’ve seen - subjectively. I absolutely love every stroke of it.

There's a gallery here in YK that I visit a couple times a year to buy gifts for people. I do pick up stuff from there for myself once in a while, too. YK is only 22,000 people, and there's nothing else nearby except wilderness, so there's not much more than that.

• Options
    Brody wrote: »

Windowed should be what you are looking for?

borderless windowed is the feature, but it's app dependent @Organichu if the devs didn't give yo that option, you're out of luck.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Scorpion vs Scorpion!

CXB42T8h.jpg

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Play Nova Drift, you bastards

• Options
    Echo wrote: »
    Play Nova Drift, you bastards

sorry, too busy playing Unrailed.

• Options
    spool32 wrote: »

That one's good

Yeah, I've got a couple pieces I bought from Society6, but they don't have the gaming tag anymore, and that's specifically what I'm looking for.

• Options

Sorry, I meant just like, art prints and the like. Not commissions (I've got a couple of those, just looking to fill the walls out a bit). Specifically gamer/nerd related. I used to get stuff from Thinkgeek and Society6, but Thinkgeek is gone and I just went to Society6 and they don't seem to have those categories anymore.

Etsy.

Deviant Art artists probably have print options as well.

• Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    Dude at work here has a real nice mountain bike hanging up on his truck out in the parking lot. We looked it up and its $5k for base model.

• Options
    I had a phase where I was like “I’m going to only put up my own paintings on the walls” but then I had to get a job and I have no paintings of my own 15 years later.

It’s performance art and I call it “crushed naïveté”

• Options
    I'm off to bed to read a book.

(play Nova Drift you bastards)

• Options
    Honk wrote: »
    I had a phase where I was like “I’m going to only put up my own paintings on the walls” but then I had to get a job and I have no paintings of my own 15 years later.

It’s performance art and I call it “crushed naïveté”

Our's is all my wife's paint and wine paintings.

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    guys help me find a backpack please

48hour ish size, needs to be on Prime

I don't know how this unit of measurement works for backpacks but Jansport is on Amazon, and if you want to go fancier Timbuk2 is also on there.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    spool32 wrote: »

That one's good

Boob
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icr0XbMCSWQ

Coinage on
This discussion has been closed.