As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Nintendo Switch] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

19495969798100»

• Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Oh man, I’d forgotten about Luigi Galaxy. I think I can pass on replaying the whole game with old greasy shoes. I probably did it back in the day.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    Alright, question time. Luigi’s Mansion 3 or Super Mario Maker 2?

Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Luigi's Mansion 3! The game is a blast!

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Super Mario Maker 2! It's infinite Mario!

• MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    You in the mood for user generated content(some very good to amazing but mostly average to sometimes bad) and/or making your own levels and worlds?

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    Welp letting the Switch battery discharge and recharge once got me an endless Switch logo instead of orange screen.

Doing that AGAIN got me a boot for a few seconds, then orange screen for three resets, then Switch logo on all subsequent resets.

Doing the battery discharge/recharge YET AGAIN got me full functionality again??

Switches are weird.

• Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    Turns out I had enough budgeted to buy both, after using some gold coins.

Thanks everyone!

Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    MechMantis wrote: »
    Welp letting the Switch battery discharge and recharge once got me an endless Switch logo instead of orange screen.

Doing that AGAIN got me a boot for a few seconds, then orange screen for three resets, then Switch logo on all subsequent resets.

Doing the battery discharge/recharge YET AGAIN got me full functionality again??

Switches are weird.

I'd watch carefully cause I'm not convinced you are out of the woods. But hope that you are.

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Kupi wrote: »
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    P.S.
    Kupi wrote: »
    Setsu keeps saying that it's rare for her to beat me in Gnosia

and at this point I feel like I'm being mocked
    One small thing about the Crew Notes is that Setsu and Raqio are both listed as non-binary. I actually haven't paid attention to how or if that reflects into pronoun usage or the like in the dialogue, but it's nice to see that the game characters make use of the same Sex options that it allows the player.

Totally my bad on that one! I even read through the Crew Data, and probably just glossed over Setsu's entry. And then just assumed that the use of "their" was defensive programming, the way amounts sometimes get presented as "You have 3 apple(s)."
    I'm pretty sure that pronouns are programmed defensively as all "they" / "their". There are places where there's grammatical errors in plurality (e.g. "is" / "are") that would make sense from a straight translation standpoint, so I'm assuming that there wasn't much that the localizers were able to do to implement gender-specific word branching. Even so, the use of character Sexes like that is still a nice amount of world-building and characterization.

As far as my own progress goes, I've finally gotten to see the Bug properly at work in games, and I guess I was wrong about them being a Serial Killer role. They're a really strange third-party Survivor role that feels quite unique. There's an interesting mix of standard Mafia/Werewolf gameplay mixed in with the visual novel / adventure elements, such that it's not quite clear where each one's scripting ends and the other begins. I'm still not quite sure if that kind of design's ultimately a good thing or not, but it certainly is interesting, and pulled off quite well.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited May 2021
    Oops. Sorry for bumping necros.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar