[Anime] has a new season, but you could just watch Legend of the Galactic Heroes instead.

cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm RegentThe World on This SideRegistered User regular
edited October 7 in Singularity Engine++
upce1xdqs9ht.png

https://vrv.co/series/G64PMGZZR/Legend-of-the-Galactic-Heroes

But seriously, here's what's coming up this season, crap or otherwise? You decide.

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2020/09/24/crunchyroll-announces-fall-2020-anime-lineup
vyp1yd83vba3.png
xbz1pe3bhakd.png
z8z45btqxvfu.png
owp6hrqsbtaq.png
d6kx67rfpuaz.png
sgdb330ht3t9.png
bppbl1y9grvy.png
445t6f5cq1sb.png


If I missed anything of note, let me know.
(I actually did miss a bunch, so, fixed.)

Expected highlight: Attack on Titan (final season)
The one everyone will talk about: Yasha-hime
The one everyone will probably watch regardless: Burn The Witch(or: Reign of Fire: The Anime: With Witches)
The one I have to watch on general principle: D4DJ First Mix
Obligatory Isekai: That Time I Got Reincarnated As A Slime
Obligatory Shoujo: Tonikawa
Obligatory Shounen: Jujutsu Kaisen
Obligatory Sports: Haikyu! and/or Iwakakeru

lPeK6xY.png
cj iwakura on
«13456715

Posts

  • djmitchelladjmitchella Registered User regular
    Because nobody posted it at the end of the last thread:



    (I'd forgotten just how much more awesome the start and end are compared to the middle. It's like they were contractually obligated to use all the "whoops" sound effects so had to get them in there somewhere)

    BahamutZEROOlivaw
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent The World on This SideRegistered User regular
    Because nobody posted it at the end of the last thread:



    (I'd forgotten just how much more awesome the start and end are compared to the middle. It's like they were contractually obligated to use all the "whoops" sound effects so had to get them in there somewhere)

    I love how happy the random people look to see the destroyer of worlds.

    lPeK6xY.png
  • ZonugalZonugal The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Tomorrow night I begin season three of Legend of the Galactic Heroes.

    What might happen?

    Easiest bet? The season opens with a meeting on an actuarial sciences committee arguing about grain levies being too high.

    Because this anime is unbelievably nerdy.

    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 7
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Because nobody posted it at the end of the last thread:



    (I'd forgotten just how much more awesome the start and end are compared to the middle. It's like they were contractually obligated to use all the "whoops" sound effects so had to get them in there somewhere)

    I love how happy the random people look to see the destroyer of worlds.

    They had a button that would summon Godzilla whenever they wanted. And that Godzilla doesn't have atomic breath, it just has fire breath. And they used Godzuuki the fucking imbecile to translate their orders to Godzilla.

    Munkus Beaver on
    Twitch Channel
    Steam: munkus_beaver
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
    http://www.ccfa.org/
  • AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    I read first 2 volumes of Spy x Family.

    It's very good!

    I do not have anything original to say about it, as everything was already said. Anya faces are too powerful for me to not enjoy reading every chapter.

    "So in the Second Season of Prison Break, They're Already Broken Out of Prison, But the Name Works Once You Realize That Society Is a Prison."

    Steam Profile
    BahamutZEROCorp.Shephardsilence1186OlivawAndy Joe
  • rhylithrhylith Registered User regular
    Some other new shows I’ve watched since the last new season post I made:

    Yashahime was a good nostalgia trip but it sure was weird to have half the first ep just be a somewhat by the numbers ep of inuyasha. I will keep watching so that I can be a teen watching toonami again.

    The first ep of Talentless Nana was good and interesting and it will get the 3 ep test.

    I watched the first eps of two new generic isekais, both of which had titles I didn’t even bother learning. One was cute and had slimes, might be good comfort food, but was bland. The other started out ok but ended in edgelord mode. I might give it one more chance to break out of that but folks I have my doubts.

    Rhylith - <Shambler Milk> Horde Chogall
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited October 7
    I am hearing reports that the third Eva reboot movie, Evangelion 3.0+1.0, is currently slated to have a runtime of 360 minutes

    Anno what are you doing

    e: oh maybe not, that might be a misunderstanding

    BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    I am hearing reports that the third Eva reboot movie, Evangelion 3.0+1.0, is currently slated to have a runtime of 360 minutes

    Anno what are you doing

    e: oh maybe not, that might be a misunderstanding

    4th Eva Reboot movie. The third one came out years and years ago.

  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    So I fell down the manhwa/webtoon hole HARD the past few months. Two sentence reviews of a bunch:
    • Solo Leveling - The biggun when it comes to power fantasies. It's really good, but elevated through the roof with its goddamn amazing art. It's basically an isekai without being an isekai (our world, but with RPG mechanics), and has an utterly ridiculous ramp. Hell of a fun ride.

    • How to Fight - Saw this posted around and gave it a shot. I posted about it late last thread, but I fucking love it. Scrawny kid who's picked on starts a career webstreaming in order to pay for his mother's medical bills, effectively getting into a series of ever escalating fights as a normal person against specific martial arts styles, where he found this random hidden youtube channel with a crazy MMA fighter who wears a chicken head mask happens to give advice on how to defeat said different styles. It's got this weird level of seriousness and hilarity that I've not seen much elsewhere, and I have fucking cackled aloud multiple times while reading it.

    • The Beginning After the End - possibly the best "played straight" Isekai. King who was a master swordsman in a FF-like techno fantasy world is reborn into a more traditional fantasy world, remembers his past, and yaddah yaddah. This one works primarily because he was so devoted to power in his previous life, without a family, that in his new life he's utterly devoted to his family, and more importantly that his drive for power in the new life is so he doesn't lose them. Unlike most power fantasies, it takes time to breathe in those slower moments, much to its benefit.

    • Leviathan - Attack on Titan in Waterworld with Berserk-style fish monsters. That's literally it. It's really, really good. The art is amazing. Go read it. (Very questionable female costume design early on improves later on but never stops being ridiculous)

    • A Returner's Magic Should be Special - very solid "dies and is sent back mentally to a few years prior to death and trying to avoid catastrophe." It's well written, the main character is powerful but not super duper overpowered or anything, there's some neat mechanics in the world. It's just a real great, fun read. The artwork in the light novel is kinda better than the webtoon, though.

    • Legendary Moonlight Sculptor - I think the light novel for this one is kinda the granddaddy of a lot of power fantasy series? VRMMO guy needs to get money in real life, jumps on the new hotness, and grinds the fuck in early stuff instead of doing quests, leading him down a path where he finds a secret class which allows him to be broken as fuck. It's fun, the ramp is relatively slow compared to most series, and it's got a solid supporting cast (although like is frequently the case in these things I wish we saw MORE of them).

    • Death is the Only Ending for the Villainess - I'm not as familiar with otome game genre, so not much basis for comparison, but this thing has good art, and it's interesting - there's a whole lot of tension and stress. like, this one's not playing around with the "and if she steps out of line she will die" stuff.

    • Peerless Dad - feudal-era martial arts series unique in that it doesn't have a reincarnation or jump back in time or any other bullshit. Just a really strong protagonist who thinks he's awful because due to bad luck the first couple people he ever fought against were all some of the strongest people in the world, so he has a massive inferiority complex thinking he's shit. He's raising 3 kids by himself. It's good fun, but reads a lot better all at once than week-to-week.

    • Skeleton Soldier Couldn't Protect the Dungeon - I've never watched Re:Zero, but my understanding is this is basically Re:Zero, but with a common skeleton soldier who was revived by a necromancer then a few years later given free will/mental capacity from his succubus mistress. Upon his death he returns to when he was first resurrected, and his goal is to save his mistress(es) who he was previously unable to save. It's quite good, and has been making some waves in the west from what I can tell.

    • Overgeared - Typical VRMMO special class power fantasy. Carried by its art (same person/studio as Solo Leveling) and humor. It's alright. It's basically Legendary Moonlight Sculptor, but with smithing.

    • Dimensional Mercenary - Better premise than a lot of these other "stuck into a game" things, but it's getting lost up its own butt a bit with grimdark and nonsensical decisions. Person basically sells his soul to try to get his family out of debt, and is doing so via basically reliving the end of the lives of other people who sold their souls, trying to fix the agony which led them to make such a deal. Successfully doing so gives him some permanent abilities of theirs he can call on. Artwork takes a nosedive in later seasons, and the creativity just seems to go into left field.

    • Tomb Raider King - This thing wishes it's Solo Leveling. It's....okay. I honestly don't care for it that much and mostly read out of inertia. The main character is a dick, but in a kinda funny way.

    • Volcanic Age - This one is one of the better "person in ancient world sent back to earlier in their life" ones played straight. Master swordsman wakes up with knowledge of the future from when he was still a disciple, seeks to use his knowledge to power himself up and avert a war which a shadow group was trying to bring about. It's pretty good, but I wish it'd focus on the supporting cast more - it relies too much on the main being powerful.

    • The Scholar's Reincarnation - Another one that started out interesting when binging it, but it seems to have just lost its direction. Martial artist so powerful he was considered the greatest threat to society was taken out by a suicide attack by another, peaceful master. Gets reincarnated as the son of a local lord, so finally gets a good life, sort of sees the error of his ways but also retains all his previous powers, etc, so basically he's kinda taking over the country in a more subtle way. The main is SO overpowered it becomes boring, tbh.

    • The Descent of the Demonic Master - Started out interesting, but it's gotten kinda boring. Person is Isekai'd into historical setting, becomes overpowered, dies in the past, then is teleported back to himself prior to his death/accident. It's an interesting concept (dealing with having lived a full life elsewhere so he doesn't remember modern conveniences, etc). There's some stuff relating to others who went through the same thing, some historical stuff passed down for him - there's potential. It's just kinda just...well, boring now.

    BahamutZEROMorninglord
  • KanaKana Registered User regular
    Watamote 183 came out today. Nothing much big happened, Yuri and Tomoko hung out and because of the seasonal typhoon Yuri's gonna spend the night at Tomoko's house. It kinda feels like half a chapter.

    I am kinda curious exactly how we're supposed to read Yuri these days though. On the one hand she kinda feels like a character getting flanderized, as Tomoko has grown more socially competent Yuri's become much less so, her social issues seem way more severe than they used to be. Which is kinda weird for Watamote, because everyone else has grown more deeply characterized over time, and then there's Yuri.

    The internet loves diagnosing characters onto the autistic spectrum, but I do wonder if the author's trying to lean harder into that interpretation of her. Like just in this chapter: when everyone else goes "oh, typhoon, our hangout plans are obviously canceled," Yuri shows up anyway. She doesn't really respond to Tomoko's joke slamming the door in her face, when she's obviously intended to play along and yell at Tomoko for it, and when they watch a depressing movie she likes it, but she doesn't really seem to relate to it correctly. I dunno, I'm still agnostic on how we're supposed to read her character, but it does seem like she genuinely has trouble reading social cues, more than just being shy and introverted.

    I do love that for as awkward as she is she still dresses great.

    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
    BahamutZEROcB557
  • LeumasWhiteLeumasWhite New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    So I fell down the manhwa/webtoon hole HARD the past few months. Two sentence reviews of a bunch:
    • Solo Leveling - The biggun when it comes to power fantasies. It's really good, but elevated through the roof with its goddamn amazing art. It's basically an isekai without being an isekai (our world, but with RPG mechanics), and has an utterly ridiculous ramp. Hell of a fun ride.

    • How to Fight - Saw this posted around and gave it a shot. I posted about it late last thread, but I fucking love it. Scrawny kid who's picked on starts a career webstreaming in order to pay for his mother's medical bills, effectively getting into a series of ever escalating fights as a normal person against specific martial arts styles, where he found this random hidden youtube channel with a crazy MMA fighter who wears a chicken head mask happens to give advice on how to defeat said different styles. It's got this weird level of seriousness and hilarity that I've not seen much elsewhere, and I have fucking cackled aloud multiple times while reading it.

    • The Beginning After the End - possibly the best "played straight" Isekai. King who was a master swordsman in a FF-like techno fantasy world is reborn into a more traditional fantasy world, remembers his past, and yaddah yaddah. This one works primarily because he was so devoted to power in his previous life, without a family, that in his new life he's utterly devoted to his family, and more importantly that his drive for power in the new life is so he doesn't lose them. Unlike most power fantasies, it takes time to breathe in those slower moments, much to its benefit.

    • Leviathan - Attack on Titan in Waterworld with Berserk-style fish monsters. That's literally it. It's really, really good. The art is amazing. Go read it. (Very questionable female costume design early on improves later on but never stops being ridiculous)

    • A Returner's Magic Should be Special - very solid "dies and is sent back mentally to a few years prior to death and trying to avoid catastrophe." It's well written, the main character is powerful but not super duper overpowered or anything, there's some neat mechanics in the world. It's just a real great, fun read. The artwork in the light novel is kinda better than the webtoon, though.

    • Legendary Moonlight Sculptor - I think the light novel for this one is kinda the granddaddy of a lot of power fantasy series? VRMMO guy needs to get money in real life, jumps on the new hotness, and grinds the fuck in early stuff instead of doing quests, leading him down a path where he finds a secret class which allows him to be broken as fuck. It's fun, the ramp is relatively slow compared to most series, and it's got a solid supporting cast (although like is frequently the case in these things I wish we saw MORE of them).

    • Death is the Only Ending for the Villainess - I'm not as familiar with otome game genre, so not much basis for comparison, but this thing has good art, and it's interesting - there's a whole lot of tension and stress. like, this one's not playing around with the "and if she steps out of line she will die" stuff.

    • Peerless Dad - feudal-era martial arts series unique in that it doesn't have a reincarnation or jump back in time or any other bullshit. Just a really strong protagonist who thinks he's awful because due to bad luck the first couple people he ever fought against were all some of the strongest people in the world, so he has a massive inferiority complex thinking he's shit. He's raising 3 kids by himself. It's good fun, but reads a lot better all at once than week-to-week.

    • Skeleton Soldier Couldn't Protect the Dungeon - I've never watched Re:Zero, but my understanding is this is basically Re:Zero, but with a common skeleton soldier who was revived by a necromancer then a few years later given free will/mental capacity from his succubus mistress. Upon his death he returns to when he was first resurrected, and his goal is to save his mistress(es) who he was previously unable to save. It's quite good, and has been making some waves in the west from what I can tell.

    • Overgeared - Typical VRMMO special class power fantasy. Carried by its art (same person/studio as Solo Leveling) and humor. It's alright. It's basically Legendary Moonlight Sculptor, but with smithing.

    • Dimensional Mercenary - Better premise than a lot of these other "stuck into a game" things, but it's getting lost up its own butt a bit with grimdark and nonsensical decisions. Person basically sells his soul to try to get his family out of debt, and is doing so via basically reliving the end of the lives of other people who sold their souls, trying to fix the agony which led them to make such a deal. Successfully doing so gives him some permanent abilities of theirs he can call on. Artwork takes a nosedive in later seasons, and the creativity just seems to go into left field.

    • Tomb Raider King - This thing wishes it's Solo Leveling. It's....okay. I honestly don't care for it that much and mostly read out of inertia. The main character is a dick, but in a kinda funny way.

    • Volcanic Age - This one is one of the better "person in ancient world sent back to earlier in their life" ones played straight. Master swordsman wakes up with knowledge of the future from when he was still a disciple, seeks to use his knowledge to power himself up and avert a war which a shadow group was trying to bring about. It's pretty good, but I wish it'd focus on the supporting cast more - it relies too much on the main being powerful.

    • The Scholar's Reincarnation - Another one that started out interesting when binging it, but it seems to have just lost its direction. Martial artist so powerful he was considered the greatest threat to society was taken out by a suicide attack by another, peaceful master. Gets reincarnated as the son of a local lord, so finally gets a good life, sort of sees the error of his ways but also retains all his previous powers, etc, so basically he's kinda taking over the country in a more subtle way. The main is SO overpowered it becomes boring, tbh.

    • The Descent of the Demonic Master - Started out interesting, but it's gotten kinda boring. Person is Isekai'd into historical setting, becomes overpowered, dies in the past, then is teleported back to himself prior to his death/accident. It's an interesting concept (dealing with having lived a full life elsewhere so he doesn't remember modern conveniences, etc). There's some stuff relating to others who went through the same thing, some historical stuff passed down for him - there's potential. It's just kinda just...well, boring now.

    Survival Story of a Sword King in a Fantasy World, despite having the worst possible name, is quite fun. Main character gets isekai'd, but is stuck in the tutorial zone with scaling enemies for years, perpetually being reset to level 1 every time he'd gain enough XP to level out of the area. It's goofy, doesn't take itself too seriously, and the art's not bad.

    QPPHj1J.jpg
    Lucedes
  • MorninglordMorninglord Registered User regular
    I quite like The Other World Doesn't Stand A Chance Against The Power Of Instant Death which tells you absolutely everything you need to know right there in the title.

    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    I quite like The Other World Doesn't Stand A Chance Against The Power Of Instant Death which tells you absolutely everything you need to know right there in the title.

    The light novel just got picked up for translation and it's pretty hilarious.

    steam_sig.png
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Mage & Demon Queen is really good and gay

    Polaritie
  • chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    Some other new shows I’ve watched since the last new season post I made:

    Yashahime was a good nostalgia trip but it sure was weird to have half the first ep just be a somewhat by the numbers ep of inuyasha. I will keep watching so that I can be a teen watching toonami again.

    The first ep of Talentless Nana was good and interesting and it will get the 3 ep test.

    I watched the first eps of two new generic isekais, both of which had titles I didn’t even bother learning. One was cute and had slimes, might be good comfort food, but was bland. The other started out ok but ended in edgelord mode. I might give it one more chance to break out of that but folks I have my doubts.

    The second one is "I'm standing on a million lives." and it's... Better than the anime episode leads one to believe? But I still don't think it's great. It's ok, is actually sort of goofy in a lot of places, but uses the MC being kind of a sociopath as a way to make bad decisions make 'sense' to drive more conflict in the story.

    steam_sig.png
  • TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Oh there was a third Isekai series this season. Was really confused on how was being edgelordy.

    steam_sig.png
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    I couldn't get many chapters into the Talentless Nana manga because it was just so poorly set up in a bunch of ways that required everybody to be a really huge fool in ways that made little sense.

  • chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    I couldn't get many chapters into the Talentless Nana manga because it was just so poorly set up in a bunch of ways that required everybody to be a really huge fool in ways that made little sense.

    So a Trigger story. Long live Trigger stories.

    steam_sig.png
  • MorninglordMorninglord Registered User regular
    I'm looking forward to "To you, immortal." anime. Called "To your eternity" in English

    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    edited October 10
    So when Kaguya-sama season 2 was out, there was a song that would play whenever either of the MC's plans went awry and hilarity ensued, appropriately enough titled "Failure."



    But it bugged the hell out of me because it reminded me so much of the song "You Spin Me Round" by Dead or Alive.

    Apparently someone else on the internet agreed with me:



    <-- Not crazy (in this one instance).

    silence1186 on
    V wrote:
    Words will always retain their power. Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth.

    Dark Raven XBahamutZEROcB557djmitchellamysticjuicer
  • Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    edited October 8
    So this is mostly for sci-fi in general, but there's some anime rep. If you want to know how big the Bebop is compared to the Millenium Falcon check it out. Plus, Cathedral Terra aka Super Galaxy Dai-Gurren from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann is way bigger than both Death Stars and even Starkiller Base from Star Wars. Unfortunately the Tengen Toppa Dai-Gurren was omitted.

    Hexmage-PA on
    Friend Code: 1590-5696-7916
    Friend Safari Type: Rock
    Dark Raven XSixshotStrikerPolaritie
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    Hexmage-PA wrote: »
    So this is mostly for sci-fi in general, but there's some anime rep. If you want to know how big the Bebop is compared to the Millenium Falcon check it out. Plus, Cathedral Terra aka Super Galaxy Dai-Gurren from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann is way bigger than both Death Stars and even Starkiller Base from Star Wars. Unfortunately the Tengen Toppa Dai-Gurren was omitted.


    I mean, is it even technically a mecha, at that point?

    ikbUJdU.jpg
    Twitter Steam Playstation- Mechaphiliac
  • ElaroElaro Threadkiller, Harbinger of the Lock GodsRegistered User regular
    Mysst wrote: »
    Hexmage-PA wrote: »
    So this is mostly for sci-fi in general, but there's some anime rep. If you want to know how big the Bebop is compared to the Millenium Falcon check it out. Plus, Cathedral Terra aka Super Galaxy Dai-Gurren from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann is way bigger than both Death Stars and even Starkiller Base from Star Wars. Unfortunately the Tengen Toppa Dai-Gurren was omitted.


    I mean, is it even technically a mecha, at that point?

    Anything is a mecha if you want it hard enough have enough FIGHTING SPIRIT!

    My ongoing quest to ask Larlar if he's a good source of Malarlarkey: NEW SCHEME HATCHING
    Polaritie
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    edited October 8

    *episode 2 premieres*

    uhhhhhHHHHHHHHH

    YEAH SO ABOUT THAT

    so uhh yeah i'm not sure i can recommend this as an entry point for first-timers anymore BUT this is bound to be a wild fucking ride

    (please read the visual novels the first arc is available for free andthefirsthalfisonsalethroughnextweek)

    miscellaneousinsanity on
  • DragkoniasDragkonias Registered User regular
    God of High School is really scratching my "high-school martial arts drama that quickly becomes supernatural for some reason" itch.

  • shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Higurashi Remake, huh? More like
    Rebuild of Higurashi: You Can (Not) Take Them Home.

    Dark Raven X
  • SixshotStrikerSixshotStriker Registered User regular
    Hexmage-PA wrote: »
    So this is mostly for sci-fi in general, but there's some anime rep. If you want to know how big the Bebop is compared to the Millenium Falcon check it out. Plus, Cathedral Terra aka Super Galaxy Dai-Gurren from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann is way bigger than both Death Stars and even Starkiller Base from Star Wars. Unfortunately the Tengen Toppa Dai-Gurren was omitted.


    I don’t think I can find it but there was a video that compared earth’s size to various celestial bodies before ending with the largest known star. The sun was to it in size as we are to the sun.

    Of course the very last shot was of Tengen Toppa Dai-Gurren dwarfing it.

    MysstTNTrooperDark Raven XPolaritie
  • MorninglordMorninglord Registered User regular
    edited October 8
    Hexmage-PA wrote: »
    So this is mostly for sci-fi in general, but there's some anime rep. If you want to know how big the Bebop is compared to the Millenium Falcon check it out. Plus, Cathedral Terra aka Super Galaxy Dai-Gurren from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann is way bigger than both Death Stars and even Starkiller Base from Star Wars. Unfortunately the Tengen Toppa Dai-Gurren was omitted.


    I don’t think I can find it but there was a video that compared earth’s size to various celestial bodies before ending with the largest known star. The sun was to it in size as we are to the sun.

    Of course the very last shot was of Tengen Toppa Dai-Gurren dwarfing it.

    Tengen Toppa Dai-Gurren dwarfs galaxies.

    Super Tengen Toppa Dai-Gurren is significantly larger than the observable universe.

    It's drill dwarfs itself.

    Still one of my favourite shows. Nothing else has approached that level of exponential expansion in stakes and scale.

    Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
    Centipede DamascusPolaritie
  • Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    Hexmage-PA wrote: »
    So this is mostly for sci-fi in general, but there's some anime rep. If you want to know how big the Bebop is compared to the Millenium Falcon check it out. Plus, Cathedral Terra aka Super Galaxy Dai-Gurren from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann is way bigger than both Death Stars and even Starkiller Base from Star Wars. Unfortunately the Tengen Toppa Dai-Gurren was omitted.


    I don’t think I can find it but there was a video that compared earth’s size to various celestial bodies before ending with the largest known star. The sun was to it in size as we are to the sun.

    Of course the very last shot was of Tengen Toppa Dai-Gurren dwarfing it.

    Tengen Toppa Dai-Gurren dwarfs galaxies.

    Super Tengen Toppa Dai-Gurren is significantly larger than the observable universe.

    It's drill dwarfs itself.

    Still one of my favourite shows. Nothing else has approached that level of exponential expansion in stakes and scale.

    it's amazing what you can do when your approach to possibility is fuck your possibility and fuck you

    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
    CFN: RoboWizard
    Morninglordcj iwakuraSkeithMysstSorcePolaritieMortal SkyAngelHedgie
  • rhylithrhylith Registered User regular
    Wandering Witch?

    Folks, it’s good.

    Rhylith - <Shambler Milk> Horde Chogall
    Knight_TNTrooper
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    Wandering Witch?

    Folks, it’s good.

    I really liked the first episode. I'm very curious what the structure of the rest of the show is going to be.

    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    Watamote 183 came out today. Nothing much big happened, Yuri and Tomoko hung out and because of the seasonal typhoon Yuri's gonna spend the night at Tomoko's house. It kinda feels like half a chapter.

    I am kinda curious exactly how we're supposed to read Yuri these days though. On the one hand she kinda feels like a character getting flanderized, as Tomoko has grown more socially competent Yuri's become much less so, her social issues seem way more severe than they used to be. Which is kinda weird for Watamote, because everyone else has grown more deeply characterized over time, and then there's Yuri.

    The internet loves diagnosing characters onto the autistic spectrum, but I do wonder if the author's trying to lean harder into that interpretation of her. Like just in this chapter: when everyone else goes "oh, typhoon, our hangout plans are obviously canceled," Yuri shows up anyway. She doesn't really respond to Tomoko's joke slamming the door in her face, when she's obviously intended to play along and yell at Tomoko for it, and when they watch a depressing movie she likes it, but she doesn't really seem to relate to it correctly. I dunno, I'm still agnostic on how we're supposed to read her character, but it does seem like she genuinely has trouble reading social cues, more than just being shy and introverted.

    I do love that for as awkward as she is she still dresses great.

    I know Yuri has previously indicated that she wanted to spend time alone with just her and Tomoko, but she hasn't been able to properly communicate it to her. I took this chapter as her basically going "Eh, it's not raining and I want to see Tomoko so I'm going anyways, but since it might rain later I'll come prepared." For someone who has been feeling increasingly left out since Tomoko made all her new friends, I was glad that Yuri finally is getting to spend some one-on-one time with her.

    I'm just curious how the rest of the visit will go.

  • rhylithrhylith Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    rhylith wrote: »
    Wandering Witch?

    Folks, it’s good.

    I really liked the first episode. I'm very curious what the structure of the rest of the show is going to be.

    Second ep is also good.

    Rhylith - <Shambler Milk> Horde Chogall
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Totally Not Mark's one piece reviews continue to be great, but Toei has been hitting him with copyright claims :/

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent The World on This SideRegistered User regular
    So the uploader has no means of countering it?

    lPeK6xY.png
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    the youtube DMCA system is comically stacked in favor of the complainant. They don't care about fair use, it's a private platform and google doesn't want to risk being sued by large copyright-holding entities.

    BahamutZERO.gif
    cB557DarkPrimusKanashoeboxjeddyReynoldsSkeithAndy JoeMidnitedarunia106PolaritieThegreatcow
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent The World on This SideRegistered User regular
    Has anyone watched Tonikawa? Reading the synopsis, it's less 'at last, a show about a married couple!' and more about 'well, I'll date you if we get married!' wacky hijinks.

    lPeK6xY.png
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Has anyone watched Tonikawa? Reading the synopsis, it's less 'at last, a show about a married couple!' and more about 'well, I'll date you if we get married!' wacky hijinks.

    I honestly thought and still think the girl is a vampire because shes only ever showed up at night otherwise it seems pretty average

    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Has anyone watched Tonikawa? Reading the synopsis, it's less 'at last, a show about a married couple!' and more about 'well, I'll date you if we get married!' wacky hijinks.

    Yes, it's great. It's by the same author who did Hayate the Combat Butler, so the humor is on point, but there isn't 10 years of will they or won't they with sharp turns into non-sequiturs when even a hint of plot comes around.

    It's fluffy and wholesome and funny and I recommend it if you're into romance/rom coms.

    V wrote:
    Words will always retain their power. Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth.

    cj iwakura
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Has anyone watched Tonikawa? Reading the synopsis, it's less 'at last, a show about a married couple!' and more about 'well, I'll date you if we get married!' wacky hijinks.

    I haven't watched the anime yet, but have enjoyed the manga (licensed as "Fly Me to the Moon). It's basically light-hearted fluff.
    ...with a little hinting about once every 50 chapters that she's actually an immortal princess from the moon.

    But that's not important, it's mostly just light-hearted fluff about their newlywed lives.

Sign In or Register to comment.