As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Anime] has a new season, and you can kind of watch Urusei Yatsura instead.

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    I continue to be a bit underwhelmed by Umineko's second half

Episode 6
    I'm here for the Beatrice-Battler story, and for the past three chapters or so Battler has been largely on the sidelines. Beatrice just doesn't exist anymore, replaced with Baby Beato, who is kinda creepy. Erika is properly detestable, but she's far too one note to make for a compelling replacement antagonist.

as the story and the cast of characters gets bigger and bigger and the story becomes more and more meta, I find myself less and less interested. I'm still invested and want to see how it ends, but right now I really feel like it's been downhill since the end of chapter 3

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    @cj iwakura maybe spoiler that movie pic thing if Zonugal and others are still watching through?

It's also in the regular show, and mentioned very early on. The movie is a prequel, just shows it with way more detail(and budget).
    But I can err on the side of caution.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    I continue to be a bit underwhelmed by Umineko's second half

Episode 6
    I'm here for the Beatrice-Battler story, and for the past three chapters or so Battler has been largely on the sidelines. Beatrice just doesn't exist anymore, replaced with Baby Beato, who is kinda creepy. Erika is properly detestable, but she's far too one note to make for a compelling replacement antagonist.

as the story and the cast of characters gets bigger and bigger and the story becomes more and more meta, I find myself less and less interested. I'm still invested and want to see how it ends, but right now I really feel like it's been downhill since the end of chapter 3

as the story and the cast of characters gets bigger and bigger and the story becomes more and more meta, I find myself less and less interested. I'm still invested and want to see how it ends, but right now I really feel like it's been downhill since the end of Act 5

Wild how Umineko is just Homestuck.

• Options
    Now that I think about it, that's a perfect comparison.

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    new tokyo babylon anime got announced
    https://youtu.be/NojVXNtMJkE

not sure if it's adapting the manga and setting it in 2021 or if it's a completely new story but either way i guess this retcons X/1999

miscellaneousinsanity on
    uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Midway through Umineko 6 and
    it's Dragonball Z with lovestruck teens

I really miss when it was And then There Were None, but Anime

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Midway through Umineko 6 and
    it's Dragonball Z with lovestruck teens

I really miss when it was And then There Were None, but Anime

It doesn't get any less romance heavy, if anything, it gets more.

Again, indicative of the change in writing staff.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    I'm fine with the romance
    I just find the shonen anime fight scenes too silly

plus we already did pretty much the same thing a couple chapters ago, although in that case I guess they were fighting for the headship and not their love

it also feels like the multiple levels of metatextuality (game within a game within a game in book form being read by Ange and also being read by another Ange?) are just there to make it more confusing. It certainly doesn't make it more interesting

• Options
    Well, I’m not proud of it, but I gave up on Umineko and just went to the wiki. More or less all of the elements of the story that I enjoyed were absent by mid-episode 6, and I just wasn’t having fun anymore.

Obviously I can’t really comment on the ending since I didn’t experience it. I’m still glad I tried it, since episodes 1-3 were an incredibly entertaining and memorable experience.

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    My current priority is to finish Demon Slayer, and then maybe finally watch Evangelion?

I still have LotGH sitting there too but honestly the movies didn't super grab me like I was hoping

• Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    Hi it's me the hipster who didn't read a single page of Demon slayer because I didn't like the art
    Is it really that good

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    The plot is bad but the anime is stupid pretty

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    From only watching the anime Tanjiro is good, Nezuko is good, Inosuke is good, and Shinobu is good. The plot was pretty basic but me liking those characters kept me invested enough. And yes the animation is stupid pretty. (Music is great too.)

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    hey how come none of you jerks told me that Netflix added the Dorohedoro OVA

man, Dorohedoro is so good

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    My current priority is to finish Demon Slayer, and then maybe finally watch Evangelion?

I still have LotGH sitting there too but honestly the movies didn't super grab me like I was hoping

The movies are best watched after the show.
    Well, I’m not proud of it, but I gave up on Umineko and just went to the wiki. More or less all of the elements of the story that I enjoyed were absent by mid-episode 6, and I just wasn’t having fun anymore.

Obviously I can’t really comment on the ending since I didn’t experience it. I’m still glad I tried it, since episodes 1-3 were an incredibly entertaining and memorable experience.

The ending is really best experienced in the game, you've come this far, may as well see it through.

Pretty sure you missed out on Liberated Liberator too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjIAEW7lBgM

Not to mention The Executioner.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Peas wrote: »
    Hi it's me the hipster who didn't read a single page of Demon slayer because I didn't like the art
    Is it really that good

The anime really does alot of heavy lifting for the mangas shortcomings.

If the anime didnt exist I really dont think anyone would be talking about it and frankly I doubt people will care about it in the next few years

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    i still am baffled how they allowed it to just...end. not at just the height but, like, blazing intense apex of demon slayer's popularity. look at this!

• Options
    I could be wrong, but I recall hearing something about the author ending it so they could take care of a family matter

Still surprising though

• Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »

The ending is really best experienced in the game, you've come this far, may as well see it through.

Pretty sure you missed out on Liberated Liberator too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjIAEW7lBgM

Not to mention The Executioner.

The final chapter goes whole hog on
    the shonen battle stuff he disliked, so I'm not sure it would hit for him.

Like, I personally really disliked the final Battler vs Bernkastel because it was the complete opposite of everything I liked about Battler vs Beatrice. Instead of a battle of wits dressed up as a fight, it's magical nonsense with a thin veneer of being about mystery. Like, why should I care that Bernkastel is firing one million mysteries in the shape of a hydra? It doesn't mean anything so I can't get invested.

• Options
    I could be wrong, but I recall hearing something about the author ending it so they could take care of a family matter

Still surprising though

Its possible it was definitely rushed. Though jump is not afraid of Hiatus so it must have been a big deal.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular

Wait they did? I just finished the first season like last week. Netflix said new episode, but when I looked, all I saw unwatched was the s1 trailer.

Or was the OVA the short stories thing which I did watch?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Shenl742Shenl742 Registered User regular

I recommend playing House in Fata Morgana, if you haven't. I consider it an excellent and much better alternative.

FC: 1907-8030-1478
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

As with everyone who's finally got around to watching EVA in the last year (me included) I would love reactions as you go through it.

Also to everyone, Memories is on Netflix right now and is really beautiful and everyone should watch it.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options

Wait they did? I just finished the first season like last week. Netflix said new episode, but when I looked, all I saw unwatched was the s1 trailer.

Or was the OVA the short stories thing which I did watch?

Yeah, the OVA was the short stories, showing how Nikaido got her shop, the Devil Dance, etc.

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    edited October 2020

This certainly looks like "Way of the Househusband" is getting an anime adaptation. Excited, even it will probably be in Netflix jail for a while.

edit: wait, no, Netflix original, which means it will most likely be released all at once, right?

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Yeah, that definitely means it's going to be available in the US at the same time it debuts in Japan

I'm so excited!!

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    First trailer for Godzilla Singular Point:

https://youtu.be/_IFObXJabk4

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    CGI monsters shown
    gaijin4koma_peersblog_1200684654.jpg

CGI rusted old Jet Jaguar in a warehouse shown
    gaijin4koma2_peersblog_1200684608.jpg?1307579749

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    first off, where the fuck is Big O

second, why does that dude look like gintoki

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    CGI monsters shown
    gaijin4koma_peersblog_1200684654.jpg

CGI rusted old Jet Jaguar in a warehouse shown
    gaijin4koma2_peersblog_1200684608.jpg?1307579749

15148627e5460c99cf757010d327a7d7.jpg

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    I love Way of the Househusband and am excited it’ll get an anime adaptation!

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    After seeing these screenshots, I'm wondering who Moroha takes after more. It's been a while since I've seen Inuyasha and it's kinda blurred all together at this point.

• Options
    SixshotStrikerSixshotStriker Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    I also have not seen Inuyasha in at least a decade but I’m gonna guess the answer is her father.

SixshotStriker on
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    I also have not seen Inuyasha in at least a decade but I’m gonna guess the answer is her father.

Dunno, but she basically steals all her scenes.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular

It’s time for the continuing adventures of everyone’s favorite garbage boy

• Options
    edited October 2020
    They are some weird OVAs and possibly more jojo than anything Ive ever seen

King Riptor on
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Can we just dump the "Boruto needs a better Rasengan" training arc and completely replace it with "Sarada tries her Sharingan and gets her ass handed to her by Sakura, Tsunade-style"?

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    So I watched Erased recently and yeah, that there's a good show.

This discussion has been closed.