[Anime] has a new season, but you could just watch Revolutionary Girl Utena instead.

15152545657

Posts

  • NaphtaliNaphtali Null Registered User regular
    Has Murata even finished the Monster Association arc?

    B.net: Naphtali#1830 | Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | PSN: EI-Naphtali | Wish List
  • PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited January 13
    I think we are close to the final fight of that arc but there is still a whole ton of new stuff being introduced and expanded upon from the original premise

    As of now,
    Murata version
    Tatsumaki is on the verge of defeating Psykos. If it goes like the webcomic something is supposed to happen next chapter

    Peas on
    cv5egvv8s1kf.png
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Naphtali wrote: »
    Has Murata even finished the Monster Association arc?

    Nope.

    We’re not even at the climax yet.

    Twitch Channel
    Steam: munkus_beaver
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
    http://www.ccfa.org/
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    The most recent chapter is fucking bonkers though

    silence1186PeasWearingglasses
  • PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited January 13
    Every new chapter feels like it would be climax in most manga(s?)

    Peas on
    cv5egvv8s1kf.png
    mysticjuicer
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Totally Not Mark is starting a new series of reviews this week.

    Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

    RMS OceanicLockedOnTargetdarunia106
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Peas wrote: »
    I think we are close to the final fight of that arc but there is still a whole ton of new stuff being introduced and expanded upon from the original premise

    As of now,
    Murata version
    Tatsumaki is on the verge of defeating Psykos. If it goes like the webcomic something is supposed to happen next chapter

    Also
    We see Blast and its kind of creepy

    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Totally Not Mark is starting a new series of reviews this week.

    Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    hello yes i am squarely in the middle of this venn diagram

  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited January 14
    what's this it looks cool as fuck


    not sure if music video or anime movie or something?

    BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    Peas
  • Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    edited January 14
    Looks like more of this

    Bluedude152 on
    p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
    BahamutZEROPeas
  • MillMill Registered User regular
    Honestly, Crunchyroll needs to improve some things. Their app is crap. I don't know if Sony buying them up will lead to it getting fixed because there was a point where it was adequate or if it's just going to stay broken. These days it constantly log outs for no damn good reason, even when you stick to using it on just one device and crashes.
    Peas wrote: »
    I think we are close to the final fight of that arc but there is still a whole ton of new stuff being introduced and expanded upon from the original premise

    As of now,
    Murata version
    Tatsumaki is on the verge of defeating Psykos. If it goes like the webcomic something is supposed to happen next chapter

    Been meaning to ask if the publisher for One Punch runs things similar to Jump, where they have the current stuff available for free on their official site or not.

  • PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited January 14
    Mill wrote: »
    Honestly, Crunchyroll needs to improve some things. Their app is crap. I don't know if Sony buying them up will lead to it getting fixed because there was a point where it was adequate or if it's just going to stay broken. These days it constantly log outs for no damn good reason, even when you stick to using it on just one device and crashes.
    Peas wrote: »
    I think we are close to the final fight of that arc but there is still a whole ton of new stuff being introduced and expanded upon from the original premise

    As of now,
    Murata version
    Tatsumaki is on the verge of defeating Psykos. If it goes like the webcomic something is supposed to happen next chapter

    Been meaning to ask if the publisher for One Punch runs things similar to Jump, where they have the current stuff available for free on their official site or not.

    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/chapters/one-punch-man
    Here you go @Mill
    Peas wrote: »
    I think we are close to the final fight of that arc but there is still a whole ton of new stuff being introduced and expanded upon from the original premise

    As of now,
    Murata version
    Tatsumaki is on the verge of defeating Psykos. If it goes like the webcomic something is supposed to happen next chapter

    Also
    We see Blast and its kind of creepy

    If that's who that was I wonder how they are going to tie the whole thing into the next arc if it happens

    Peas on
    cv5egvv8s1kf.png
    Mill
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    We'd have gotten to Garou by now if they hadn't insisted on redrawing Phoenixman and the kid genius hero segment six different times. Even if it was funny how Saitama forced his way into their shared mental world purely because he thought they might be making fun of him.

  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    So a new isekai anime just hit and its skeevy as fuck.
    Mushoku Tensei is about a dude hit by a truck saving 3 kids from an accident.
    Hes reincarnated as a baby but kept his memories and personality. And hes a creepy fucker right from go. Like he harasses a maid as a toddler.

    Like I dont know why Funimation gets this shit. l
    Looking at the wiki he ends up with like 3 wives and is the best because of his genes and fuck all of that.

    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
    traib
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    At least Redo of a Healer looks like it is dying out of the gate before anybody can get to the really, really, really, really gross shit

  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    At least Redo of a Healer looks like it is dying out of the gate before anybody can get to the really, really, really, really gross shit

    How do you mean? It's on a small service so no one's watching it?

    V wrote:
    Words will always retain their power. Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth.

  • SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    At least Redo of a Healer looks like it is dying out of the gate before anybody can get to the really, really, really, really gross shit

    How do you mean? It's on a small service so no one's watching it?
    It's on HIDIVE, and knowledge of it's source material has preceded it.

    steam_sig.png
    Backloggery. It's totally updated again, I swear!
  • rhylithrhylith Registered User regular
    edited January 14
    That being the one exclusive hidive show this season was finally enough for me to just give up on VRV and switch to regular crunchyroll.

    rhylith on
    Rhylith - <Shambler Milk> Horde Chogall
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    So a new isekai anime just hit and its skeevy as fuck.
    Mushoku Tensei is about a dude hit by a truck saving 3 kids from an accident.
    Hes reincarnated as a baby but kept his memories and personality. And hes a creepy fucker right from go. Like he harasses a maid as a toddler.

    Like I dont know why Funimation gets this shit. l
    Looking at the wiki he ends up with like 3 wives and is the best because of his genes and fuck all of that.

    He also has a shrine where he keeps the panties of his teacher he stole as a child, even when he's literally an adult.

    I'm not making a joke, he calls it his holy relic.

  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    That being the one exclusive hidive show this season was finally enough for me to just give up on VRV and switch to regular crunchyroll.

    For me it was VRV refusing to update my credit card info.

    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • rhylithrhylith Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    That being the one exclusive hidive show this season was finally enough for me to just give up on VRV and switch to regular crunchyroll.

    For me it was VRV refusing to update my credit card info.

    Now that I’ve cancelled I’m sure they’re gonna have like 3 shows I wanna watch in spring.

    Rhylith - <Shambler Milk> Horde Chogall
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    So a new isekai anime just hit and its skeevy as fuck.
    Mushoku Tensei is about a dude hit by a truck saving 3 kids from an accident.
    Hes reincarnated as a baby but kept his memories and personality. And hes a creepy fucker right from go. Like he harasses a maid as a toddler.

    Like I dont know why Funimation gets this shit. l
    Looking at the wiki he ends up with like 3 wives and is the best because of his genes and fuck all of that.
    Well, it wouldn't be a bad isekai without the racism

  • LeumasWhiteLeumasWhite New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Mushoku Tensei is unfortunately very popular, so the anime was inevitable. It's gross even by isekai standards.

    QPPHj1J.jpg
  • ZonugalZonugal The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Predictions for tonight's AniMenagerie shows:

    Princess Nine (episodes 3 & 4)
    -- Ryo Hayakawa will finally gain a proper nemesis
    -- At least two girls will join the "cast"

    Gurren Lagann (episodes 3 & 4)
    -- "Bro" will be said at least 22 times tonight
    -- Kamina will be mega-sad regarding his father

    Erased (episodes 3 & 4)
    -- Dragon Quest 3 will once again be mentioned, maybe in two or more scenes
    -- Sachiko Fujinuma will once again be the MVP of the entire night

    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
    IronKnuckle's GhostBahamutZERODoodmannTNTrooperTransporter
  • GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    So Overlord.

    I'm on like episode 35 and I'm still not 100% what I'm watching.
    Shriroku(?), whoever is inside Ains, seems to just be a goofy office worker. His voice doesn't come through often so it seems like he's deep into the roleplay of his character, but it does come through still even now, though the moments of terrified gaping maw as he realizes he is out of his depth a little come less.

    But he just had Shalltear hunt down a thief, but a thief her friends gave her lives to save, and was thankful that she had been dismembered, her voice stolen, her parts fed to various creatures and her head given to a silk worm demon. I get his underlings are evil, but Ains seems full on irredeemably evil which doesn't mesh at all with the goofy persona underneath. Like there is a lot of needless experimenting which is mentioned if not shown, and luring thieves in just to fuck with them is wicked, but Arche is presented as well meaning and working a job to provide for her loved ones, and she was cut up like a hog and parcelled out for fun. It's a very confusing anime, if compelling.
    Ainz is evil as shit.
    Overlord is torture porn.

    At times.

    It can be fun though!
    It is a fun fantasy romp tied to way, way, way, way, way too much creepy shit.

    It's a shame too since the author does seem to get what makes low fantasy stories compelling but then just continually lights those actual good stories on fire to go "isn't Nazarick cool and dark and edgy?"

  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Mushoku Tensei is unfortunately very popular, so the anime was inevitable. It's gross even by isekai standards.

    It probably helped to popularize some of the gross aspects of isekai considering how long it's been around. It's one of the original "new generation" isekai I think, the type that's less Magic Knight Rayearth and more Sword Art Online

  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Predictions for tonight's AniMenagerie shows:

    Princess Nine (episodes 3 & 4)
    -- Ryo Hayakawa will finally gain a proper nemesis
    -- At least two girls will join the "cast"

    Gurren Lagann (episodes 3 & 4)
    -- "Bro" will be said at least 22 times tonight
    -- Kamina will be mega-sad regarding his father

    Erased (episodes 3 & 4)
    -- Dragon Quest 3 will once again be mentioned, maybe in two or more scenes
    -- Sachiko Fujinuma will once again be the MVP of the entire night

    Jimmy, what would you say your feelings were about having more than one face

    ikbUJdU.jpg
    Twitter Steam Playstation- Mechaphiliac
    Jragghen
  • ZonugalZonugal The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Mysst wrote: »
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Predictions for tonight's AniMenagerie shows:

    Princess Nine (episodes 3 & 4)
    -- Ryo Hayakawa will finally gain a proper nemesis
    -- At least two girls will join the "cast"

    Gurren Lagann (episodes 3 & 4)
    -- "Bro" will be said at least 22 times tonight
    -- Kamina will be mega-sad regarding his father

    Erased (episodes 3 & 4)
    -- Dragon Quest 3 will once again be mentioned, maybe in two or more scenes
    -- Sachiko Fujinuma will once again be the MVP of the entire night

    Jimmy, what would you say your feelings were about having more than one face

    Oh sweet, is Harvey Dent showing up tonight???

    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    3.0+1.0 Delayed Again


    As a result of careful consideration following the issuance of the state of emergency, we decided that the convergence of the spread of the infection was the highest priority, and refrained from releasing "Shin Evangelion Theatrical Version" on January 23, and postponed it again. I have decided.
    We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to all of you waiting again.

    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    That's the responsible thing to do, japan's coronavirus cases have been spiking.

    BahamutZERO.gif
    Kevin CristshoeboxjeddymiscellaneousinsanityElaroStiltsdarunia106SorceSkeithNeveronPwnanObrien
  • ElaroElaro Threadkiller, Harbinger of the Lock GodsRegistered User regular
    We are closer to the end of rebuild than we have ever been

    Derp derp still a smurf
    cB557Sorce
  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Re:Zero Season 2 Part 2 Episode 2:
    I thought for sure Otto's number was up. Death by flashback, and what not.

    I liked Subaru's confirmation of his love for Emilia. If you noticed, he literally only had eyes for her the whole time (she's reflected in his eyes), and at the very end of the conversation, Emilia's eyes change to show him reflecting in hers, as well.

    They're creeping towards being a real couple. They had a fight even! They're being more honest! They're not just idolizing each other (though Subaru is a bit much, still, but he's fought like hell for her, so I kind of give him a pass?); they're looking at each other (see what I did?).

    Subaru had to go do things at night to get ready, I gather, hence breaking his promise to stay with her all night, but why can't he explain it to her? Return by Death doesn't necessarily have to come up.

    I'm guilty of watching it late myself, but I'm shocked no one is talking about it.

    V wrote:
    Words will always retain their power. Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth.

  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Re:Zero Season 2 Part 2 Episode 2:
    I thought for sure Otto's number was up. Death by flashback, and what not.

    I liked Subaru's confirmation of his love for Emilia. If you noticed, he literally only had eyes for her the whole time (she's reflected in his eyes), and at the very end of the conversation, Emilia's eyes change to show him reflecting in hers, as well.

    They're creeping towards being a real couple. They had a fight even! They're being more honest! They're not just idolizing each other (though Subaru is a bit much, still, but he's fought like hell for her, so I kind of give him a pass?); they're looking at each other (see what I did?).

    Subaru had to go do things at night to get ready, I gather, hence breaking his promise to stay with her all night, but why can't he explain it to her? Return by Death doesn't necessarily have to come up.

    I'm guilty of watching it late myself, but I'm shocked no one is talking about it.
    I noticed Emilia reflected in his eyes but didn't catch the latter part. Or put 2 and 2 together on that reading of it.

    I really did like Otto's bit here. The flashback was good and I like that he's getting promoted from recurring minor character. And I really hope he doesn't get killed off, because he really deserves to survive all this shit more than almost anyone else there.

    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • MillMill Registered User regular
    Peas wrote: »
    Mill wrote: »
    Honestly, Crunchyroll needs to improve some things. Their app is crap. I don't know if Sony buying them up will lead to it getting fixed because there was a point where it was adequate or if it's just going to stay broken. These days it constantly log outs for no damn good reason, even when you stick to using it on just one device and crashes.
    Peas wrote: »
    I think we are close to the final fight of that arc but there is still a whole ton of new stuff being introduced and expanded upon from the original premise

    As of now,
    Murata version
    Tatsumaki is on the verge of defeating Psykos. If it goes like the webcomic something is supposed to happen next chapter

    Been meaning to ask if the publisher for One Punch runs things similar to Jump, where they have the current stuff available for free on their official site or not.

    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/chapters/one-punch-man
    Here you go @Mill
    Peas wrote: »
    I think we are close to the final fight of that arc but there is still a whole ton of new stuff being introduced and expanded upon from the original premise

    As of now,
    Murata version
    Tatsumaki is on the verge of defeating Psykos. If it goes like the webcomic something is supposed to happen next chapter

    Also
    We see Blast and its kind of creepy

    If that's who that was I wonder how they are going to tie the whole thing into the next arc if it happens

    Excellent, it's such a good series. I wish some of the series that decide to do OP MCs would take a page or two from One Punch Man. Murata does a great job at minimizing one of the weak points of OP MCs, by making sure the series is more than just the MC one shotting everything.

  • SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Woo! Dr. Stone is back.

    Episode 1
    Sure, let's invent freeze-drying food and cup noodle in order to run a stealth mission against an army in the winter before they're ready to attack.

    This show is ridiculous great.

    steam_sig.png
    Backloggery. It's totally updated again, I swear!
    Peassilence1186Jragghen
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Null Registered User regular

    ahahahahah

    are you just starting to watch it bzero? because yeah, that's the tip of the iceberg. wing goes places (into insanity)

    B.net: Naphtali#1830 | Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | PSN: EI-Naphtali | Wish List
  • ZonugalZonugal The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Predictions for tonight's AniMenagerie shows:

    Princess Nine (episodes 3 & 4)
    -- Ryo Hayakawa will finally gain a proper nemesis
    -- At least two girls will join the "cast"

    Gurren Lagann (episodes 3 & 4)
    -- "Bro" will be said at least 22 times tonight
    -- Kamina will be mega-sad regarding his father

    Erased (episodes 3 & 4)
    -- Dragon Quest 3 will once again be mentioned, maybe in two or more scenes
    -- Sachiko Fujinuma will once again be the MVP of the entire night

    Some of my predictions came true, other did not...

    Princess Nine
    -- Seira, the former Olympic athlete with the tragic backstory who beats up dudes with billiard balls? She's fucking awesome and garnered my MVP of the night (Sachiko Fujinuma is right behind her).

    Gurren Lagann
    -- "Bro" was not said 22 times, but rather a pathetic 15 times between both episodes.
    -- We watched the fourth episode, where the producers just ran out of money and as a result that one episode looked like garbage. It was like the anime-equivalent of a bottle episode but pulled off poorly.

    Erased
    -- This show is really god-damn good.

    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
    Tofystedethdarunia106
  • ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Gurren Lagann ep 4 is weird. From what I understand, they had decided in advance to give that episode to a guest director they were friends with, who has a very, uh, quirky and distinctive style that is somewhat of an acquired taste.

    There was a huge fan backlash at the time and it's kinda hard to find concrete information about the fallout, but from what I can tell it was always just meant to be a one off experimental episode.

    DoodmannshoeboxjeddySkeithJragghenAndy Joe
Sign In or Register to comment.