As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[chat]

1929394959698»

• Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    I think the secret sauce for a ttrpg podcast to make me cry/hit really strong emotional moments is for it to have a soundtrack

TAZ and Friends At the Table both have incredible moments where some good music kicks in and it really pushes the effect over the edge for me, like the Arms Outstretched moment in TAZ

there's a part in Season 2 of Friends At the Table where Austin Walker is describing a
    really, really
    really
    big scary robot showing up

and with the music in the background I was like for real scared of the robot for a minute?

this is the track, fuck I'm scared now https://notquitereal.bandcamp.com/track/rigour

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    I spent more time modding Skyrim than actually playing it

• Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    I have 2 games going and in neither of them do the companions like me very much BUT in the 2nd one I am playing someone unscrupulous enough for the vamp to be a bit interested which is :eyes emoji:

However the fact that all the companions except for Gale are like
    some form of neutral evil
    in alignment is like. Not my fave.

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    b t w speaking of good dnd content I am enjoying the FUCK out of BG3;;; it's so fun. I've had a lot of bugs etc and it has no difficulty sliders so it's hard af but

very worth I am having a great time

it does have that like, DoS problem of all the companions just kind of hating each other though and i'm like guys isn't this supposed to be a dnd party.. guys..
    They frontloaded a bunch of evil assholes for the early access supposedly. Eventually they may swap around who you meet at certain times I hear?

But yes, BG3 is very good, I am loving it a lot.

• Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    I think the secret sauce for a ttrpg podcast to make me cry/hit really strong emotional moments is for it to have a soundtrack

TAZ and Friends At the Table both have incredible moments where some good music kicks in and it really pushes the effect over the edge for me, like the Arms Outstretched moment in TAZ

there's a part in Season 2 of Friends At the Table where Austin Walker is describing a
    really, really
    really

and with the music in the background I was like for real scared of the robot for a minute?

this is the track, fuck I'm scared now https://notquitereal.bandcamp.com/track/rigour

yeah and Griffin is a really big fan of FatT so that's definitely part of the influence there. The music in TAZ is stellar.

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    i played hundreds of hours of skyrim

it definitely has its jank but clearly i liked it

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Aioua wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Aioua wrote: »
    nothing in skyrim has consequences, it's probably the most annoying thing

like they went with story idea quantity over any concept of the stories making sense or having meaningful interactions

like in one playthrough you can vow your eternal service to several different demons which never comes back to bite you...

Nexus is right that it's a lot of work. Like I'm asking for them to basically write three sets of dialogue trees and AIs over half the game's territory (it's probably reasonable to have humans/elves/beasts be treated all the same, for the most part). What they went with is much easier, and most people like it ok. I am just sort of jarred and a little disappointed that my role-playing is hampered by no one caring about a substantial source of my role.

Looking at it with hindsight probably helps (since we now know people will play the game over and over and over), but they could've at least just blocked off some of paths. Oh you joined the assassins guild? The thieves guild won't talk to you now, etc.

they didn't even manage to do "Oh you're the king of the thieves? Thieves know your name now."

It's always struck me how big a role the rebellion plays in the story, but joining the Stormcloaks or the Empire carries absolutely no gameplay or story consequence save getting missions to attack random encampments. Nothing, at all, comes from joining a rebellion that is Nord supremacist. Nothing, at all, comes from joining the Empire, a colonizer that rules through force.

It really drives home how unimportant any of the stories or characters are to the game.

• japanjapan Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    japan wrote: »
    Hooray, heating is restored

The problem was the failure of the synchronous motor in the zone valve

The original made in Canada motor has been replaced with an OEM made in USA motor

USA
    USA
    USA

It was three and a half times the cost of a generic

• Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    i played hundreds of hours of skyrim

it definitely has its jank but clearly i liked it

these are unrelated factoids

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    i also played one proto gatcha game like 10+ years ago and it was near but you could only play a certain amount per day, as these things do, so i made a second account so i could play more and try out different things

and apparently that was a no no and i got banned from the game

and i've never played that type of game again

unless you count Destiny 2 which ended up being a glorified gatcha game

• Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular

really, really
    really

yeah and Griffin is a really big fan of FatT so that's definitely part of the influence there. The music in TAZ is stellar.

I'm not going to lie, part of why I love Amnesty more than Balance is the theme music for Amnesty.

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Henry Cavill cocking his gun-arms has wrapped around to being cool, actually

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    VishNub wrote: »
    VishNub wrote: »
    I have to write a resignation letter

Because you've got a better job?

A real job, yeah, finally.
    Dr. ____
    Please accept this letter as formal notification that I am resigning from my position as a Postdoctoral Researcher with your group. My last day will be Friday, October 30.

Thank you so much for the opportunity to work with you and your group for the past four years. Certainly I’ve learned an enormous amount of new chemistry from you, other group members, and from work on the various projects. I feel well prepared for the next phase of my career, and that’s in no small part attributable to your mentorship. I thank you as well for your firm support during this difficult year and during my job search.

I plan to record and compile all the data I’ve generated during my time here before departing. I will also help other group members take over my administrative responsibilities. Please let me know if there’s anything else I can do to simplify this transition.

I wish you and your group the best, and I hope to stay in touch in the future.

Sincerely,
    _____

Are you a doctor or are you addressing a doctor?
    Or both?

When 2 doctors address each other, do they touch dicks? Do this dicks then dock?

zepherin on
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    i also played one proto gatcha game like 10+ years ago and it was near but you could only play a certain amount per day, as these things do, so i made a second account so i could play more and try out different things

gacha not gatcha

this is a spelling issue I have no recollection of encountering before today it is weird that it keeps popping up

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
    Abdhyius wrote: »

gacha not gatcha

this is a spelling issue I have no recollection of encountering before today it is weird that it keeps popping up

i have no idea so i'll take your word for it

i'm probably thinking gotcha like gotcha money

edited October 2020
    "Gashapon" is onomatopoeic from the two sounds "gasha" (or "gacha") for the hand-cranking action of a toy-vending machine, and "pon" for the toy capsule landing in the collection tray.

I know onomatopoeia is completely arbitrary but wut

Eddy on
  • WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    I do the Henry Cavill arm-cock immediately before I am about to write some bomb-ass code

Winky wrote: »
    I do the Henry Cavill arm-cock immediately before I am about to write some bomb-ass code

i mean it doesn't just look super badass

you gotta make sure your sleeves aren't hampering your typing

• P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    at the end of this thread i have no regrets

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    adjusting your sleeves like that is the cocking the gun of the arms.

ftOqU21.png
  • tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    Divinity 2 is an amazing game and I have so many hours

I'm making my first instant pot dish

Already I'm beginning to realize these cook times deliberately omit the pressurization and depressurization times

• zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    at the end of this thread i have no regrets

I have all kinds of regrets. Chat is 62% regrets by volume.

• Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »

Already I'm beginning to realize these cook times deliberately omit the pressurization and depressurization times

This is my big pet peeve with Instant Pot recipes - everything I've turned out has been amazing but I'm still constantly fretting over whether the time in one particular recipe accounts for however much pressurization time until I can unlock my treasure

Eddy wrote: »

in just 12 minutes! plus an hour and a half

if i get the [chat] i bequeath it to my second

I bequeath my empire... to the strongest

• GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This thread is no longer active, and will be recycled.
    On average, this thread was blasting along at warp 0.8

@Eddy will create the new thread
    @Eddy is backup

This discussion has been closed.