As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] The Conquest of Deepnest - Host Notes Up

• Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Just a reminder that this is their first time playing. So I'm guessing our "trust no one" suggestions are playing into that as well.

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Interesting how the behavior bubbles to the surface almost immediately.

• Options

I'm.... not sure how you meant this to read.

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    1g02zy641slg.gif

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular

I'm.... not sure how you meant this to read.

discrider has been all over the map here on day 2, the post history is very concerning and then accusing me based on a silly post and thinking post, probably to elicit a reaction which since I don’t have any else to do right at the moment I’m gladly providing.

Of their vote changes another three times today trying to prod others to react, do we trust their final vote as a well intentioned vote to preserve the good guys or are they attempting discord and punishment on those of us trying to keep everyone alive?

I dunno, again, it’s all very sus and yes I’m new to this particular way of playing these games so grain of salt me probably.

• Options
    Ahhhhh. Yeah, that's definitely a new person experience.

Disc is like this every single game. As someone who normally does the vote tallies, I'm hyper aware of it because I usually have like 6 duplicate disc entries that I have to record every day.

• Options
    Ahhhhh. Yeah, that's definitely a new person experience.

Disc is like this every single game. As someone who normally does the vote tallies, I'm hyper aware of it because I usually have like 6 duplicate disc entries that I have to record every day.

Sounds like perfect cover for mafia!

• Options
    I mean, yes, but it's not a defining trait you're going to be able to use against him because he does it both as mafia and village.

• Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    I think jdark is usually quiet until day 3 where he’s then like ok the mafia haven’t killed me yet, time to participate

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    But I’ve seen him play that way as both village and mafia, so eh

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Agree, having been mafia with jdark recently I can confirm he'll start doing analysis come day 3 as a mafia as it's expected of him

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Bluecyan wrote: Β»
    Virgil - cause of death: too many thumbs up. Likely weapon: Democracy

Heffling - cause of death, slashing. Likely weapon: nail common weapon of standard soldiers (and main charecter in Hallow Knight). Current hypothesis: Likely multiple village attacked Heffling.

LostNinja - cause of death, unknown location of death geo field in darkened area. Geo is currency in beetle community. Hypothesis: killed quickly by an agent unknown. Of note: Gorgeous Dandies are richest of beetles so geo likely related to victim and not attacker.

Spoit - cause of death: unknown. sticky substance found on victims feet. reports of luminous eyes in darkness at same time. Hypothesis: spiders (Boss in game)

Cythraul - cause of death: unknown. Reports of shinning beautiful light in the darkness. Hypthoesis: Radiance (light boss in game)?
    Edit: Alternate theory: Nosk killed Cythraul and mafia is spider based.

Current Theory: Village comprised of Soldier cast (good at combat) and aristocracy (bad at combat) with specials mixed between the groups. Mafia based on bosses (2 kills). SK/Vig is assassin (1 kill).

Slightly different spin, similar reads of flavor:

Virgil's obviously a vote death, Heffling in combat, Spoit copped it to the mafia (who probably ought to be spider partisans given the setup), Cythraul ate the sk kill.

Lostninja is a weird one, though. That reads like it's illusion-based.

Definitely agree with the village comp, broadly.

I got attacked by one single hit that seemed pretty substantial last night, also. Anyone else take wild swings?

Auralynx on
    kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    I attacked LostNinja last night, taking a random swing, and I "saw something that was not meant to be seen" and my attack was cancelled. Pretty sure that's an SK ability if there ever was one.

GeneralΓ­simo de Fuerzas Armadas de la RepΓΊblica Argentina
  • Options
    JaysonFour reads to me like the stupidest mafia ever if he's actually mafia; he's just too over the top defensive. I read him as clean not mafia, as a result. I think his behavior is consistent with the SK, but I don't wanna start doing SK hunts now. Any vote tallyers around?

• Options
    BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    Strange claim "I can't be mafia, I was punching someone else!". It assumes attacking is village specific or at least can't be performed while doing mafia things but that's more than really anyone else has given. Plus it ties you to information that is easily refuted by Infidel. JPants is next on my list.

• Options
    by the way, [/b]are we doing a long day over the weekend?[/b] my schedule is filling up and I'd prefer that myself.

• Options
    i don't love the wagon on jdarksun but I like the one on JaysonFour less.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Invictus wrote: Β»
    by the way, [/b]are we doing a long day over the weekend?[/b] my schedule is filling up and I'd prefer that myself.

A really long day will start on Friday 3pm EST and end on Monday 3pm EST. Long weekend days that end on Sunday still see record inactivity and the weekend is a tough time for me to find to write narration.

You are free to discuss and vote and such but there won't be a day close.

My apologies for this and the close time, but it is the best way for me to be able to run a game.

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Invictus wrote: Β»
    I attacked LostNinja last night, taking a random swing, and I "saw something that was not meant to be seen" and my attack was cancelled. Pretty sure that's an SK ability if there ever was one.

That's not definite but enough for a LostNinja vote for me

Also 38thh I like this vote close tbh :)

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Pssst @kime

Lost died already.

• Options
    Look

OK?

Fine

Invictus for making me look dumb :P

Steam profile
  • Options
    Current Vote Counts:

jdarksun 4
    JaysonFour 4
    Jpants 2
    Invictus 1
    davidsdurions 1
    Bedlam 1

• Options
    Current Vote Counts:

jdarksun 4
    JaysonFour 4
    Jpants 2
    Invictus 1
    davidsdurions 1
    Bedlam 1

I'm going to agree with Invictus again and hope it's not a trick this time :P

J4 was too defensive to be mafia I think. Thus, jdark

Steam profile
  • Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Ugh, I really don't want to come in and just push the vote back to a tie, but was about to vote for J4; so far I think we have 5 votes for jdark because "he hasn't been more useful" - which is really not a reason I can get behind cause I'm pretty useless myself

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    Still maybe 11 people who haven't voted, so this could go a number of different ways.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Less than 3 hours to go, please get those votes and orders in. I don't think we've had a two day no inactivity streak, maybe its this game's destiny.

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

• Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Putting a vote on jdarksun for now. I was leaning J4 ("Trust me" is like...glass in my ears), but J4's vigorous defense of themself feels pretty damn village IMO

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    JaysonFour, if mainly as a protest vote against jdark's elimination.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    SeGaTai for tying the vote last night. Not really feeling JaysonFour anymore.

Also because the top 3 are all Js. Us J user names must stick together!

• Options
    jdarksun wrote: Β»
    The fuck?

Day 2, amirite?

Steam profile
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    Bedlam

And to the four people who tried to hit me last night, shame on the lot of you

• Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    Like, J4s reaction is sus as all get out,

On the one hand, sure. A couple votes fairly early day 2 is nothing to freak out over. On the other hand, of the couple times I got pissy about getting wagoned, the most heated I recall was when I was village.

Didn't you explode last game as the Mafia?

The music faction game, with the three houses, that is.
    Time is a meaningless construct.

You're conflating two different music-themed phallas by Locus:

I was not mafia in the Newfie music phalla, and basically got railroaded by JPants who I'd been networking with up to that point, and blew my stack.

Just woke up and and catching up with the thread but I had to stop and respond to this cause that does NOT match my memory (which is not perfect admittedly, but still).

The way I remember it was you turning me partisan the night before the game ended, snatching the victory from me. I remember no "railroading" of any kind. Again, this could be bad memory but a quick skim of PM's and the game thread make me think my memory is right here. Maybe i'm petty when i first wake up or something but I really want to vote you just for the mischaracterization.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Gotta be honest, I don't have the time or inclination to turn around a bandwagon today.

This is absurd though:
    ObiFett wrote: Β»
    jdark isn't trying to organize or theorize mechanics. Laying low like a mafia bug
    I am never active early, because of the frequency I get day 1'd. Me getting offed by the mafia on day 3 happens more often than not.

And you know this, which is wild.

(Obi sus)

• Options
    Current Count
    jdarksun 6
    JaysonFour 6
    Jpants 2
    Bedlam 2
    SeGaTai 1
    davidsdurions 1

• Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Infidel took eight damage last night. That was me. Then someone else got zapped.

Still think I’m mafia?

Uhhhhhhh, no I didn't?

Unless the host didn't tell me about it.

And what is "someone else got zapped" supposed to mean?

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Switching to jdarksun for self-preservation.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    Missing ~5-ish votes? We don't want a tie, but still has time to clear up...

Steam profile
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    jdark, I'm not the biggest fan but I dont want to leave this a tie so close to close.