[Phalla] The Conquest of Deepnest - Host Notes Up

1679111221

Posts

  • ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 16
    Bluecyan wrote: »
    1) Targeted someone that died, either Gizzy or J4. Wildcat probably died to Attacks which is later in the turn order than Kills which probably are in !!!. I might expect to see a combined kill in narration if it was mingled with the suspicious disappearance kill of Gizzy, so most likely J4 of the three deaths.
    (REF Order of actions: Vote>???>Guard>!!!>Attacks>Seer)

    The ??? is what makes me ponder on the possibility of powers that can alter/suppress other players. Bus Driver, or even a Role blocker. I'm also under the impression that !!! are where the Kill powers are, so it'd follow the natural chain of Alter/Suppress->Guard->Kill->Investigate

    There's also the potential possibility of somebody having a self-preservation ability, or maybe Mafia kill powers work similarly to how J4 was describing his, where it sounded like a very strong attack, and whoever they hit survived it.

    Obbi on
    H3Knuckles
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    I'm phone posting so going back to previous day is a PITA, but aren't we missing only one kill?

    Wouldn't that just be J4s kill since they are the vote and their kill wouldn't fire?

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Nvm, scrolled back and see there were 5 kills not 4 previous day.

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Bluecyan wrote: »
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Infidel wrote: »
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Also its a battle game. Literally everyone is a Vig.

    That’s not what a vig is. It literally isn’t everyone.
    We. Can. All. Kill. People.

    Outside of the regular democracy. Vigilante Justice.

    Attacks work differently than what we would consider normal Kill powers, like significantly so. To trace terms back to their literal definition does not really seem productive. From my perspective a Vig is a village player with the ability to instantly Kill another player. Though, what J4 described sounded more like a REALLY powerful attack than a true Vig power. Still a lot of control over players deaths housed in one village player.
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    I can claim that barring a bus driver of some sort being in the game, I tapped Infidel to use my power to hit Cyth. It requires one person to be tapped for eight points of damage so I can put a buttload of hurt on the kingdom's enemies with my soul power.

    I'm wondering why he'd lie about that, is the thing...

    Was it a mistake to hit Cyth? I imagine, but I was just flailing around in the dark, much like the rest of you.

    I disagree with some of Disc's conclusions but think they are on to something. The missing Luminous eyes hit I can see four reasons for:

    1) Targeted someone that died, either Gizzy or J4. Wildcat probably died to Attacks which is later in the turn order than Kills which probably are in !!!. I might expect to see a combined kill in narration if it was mingled with the suspicious disappearance kill of Gizzy, so most likely J4 of the three deaths.
    (REF Order of actions: Vote>???>Guard>!!!>Attacks>Seer)

    2) Target was Guarded. Known existence of ability in OoA so not just speculation.

    3) Didn't get orders in on time.

    4) Not an every night ability. Just speculation

    So I guess I agree it might be likely the luminoius eyes kill was not around near vote close. I would say it's more likely for an SK than a mafia to have fully missed changing targets/not getting orders in. I also think targetting a runner up to be not a good general strategy, though maybe they were worried about J4s early Zap claims.

    Obbi comes to mind as the only non-voter. Outside of that, maybe some of the earlier people on Jdark. I don't recall ObiFett being too active later on.

    I also don't think it's the mafia play to attempt to push the vote onto the vig, or otherwise claimed powerful combatant that's not you.
    Especially when they're two behind an hour or two before vote close.
    Better to avoid the wagon and nuke em.

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Some sorta sentient internet aggregator
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    ooOOOooooOooooooOO

    It is tasteless to prolong life artificially. I have done my share, it is time to go. I will do it elegantly.

    oOOooOOoooo

  • PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Nvm, scrolled back and see there were 5 kills not 4 previous day.

    Since we seem to have attack abilities on villagers and HP pool ascribing each kill to a specific role might not be possible. Maybe the villagers orders just didnt focus fire?

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited October 17
    Day 1 looked like it described
    - Vote
    - Vig
    - Mafia/spider
    - Assassin
    - Combat

    Day 2 looked like it described
    - Vote & Dead Vig
    - Assassin
    - Combat
    - Mafia doing a vote record blocker

    discrider on
    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Some sorta sentient internet aggregator
    AustinP0027BluecyanH3Knuckles
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Phyphor wrote: »
    Nvm, scrolled back and see there were 5 kills not 4 previous day.

    Since we seem to have attack abilities on villagers and HP pool ascribing each kill to a specific role might not be possible. Maybe the villagers orders just didnt focus fire?

    Or some set of us did, but the target had more health than anticipated?

    kshu0oba7xnr.png

  • LucedesLucedes keeps happening for some reason Registered User regular
    i got roleblocked last night, so that's a power floating around out there.

    looks like it's not repeatable, since i'm now immune to it.

    H3Knuckles
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Phyphor wrote: »
    Nvm, scrolled back and see there were 5 kills not 4 previous day.

    Since we seem to have attack abilities on villagers and HP pool ascribing each kill to a specific role might not be possible. Maybe the villagers orders just didnt focus fire?

    Or some set of us did, but the target had more health than anticipated?

    I really thought there would be more focus fire by now. Little surprising to only see one combat death each night.

  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    edited October 17
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Phyphor wrote: »
    Nvm, scrolled back and see there were 5 kills not 4 previous day.

    Since we seem to have attack abilities on villagers and HP pool ascribing each kill to a specific role might not be possible. Maybe the villagers orders just didnt focus fire?

    Or some set of us did, but the target had more health than anticipated?

    I really thought there would be more focus fire by now. Little surprising to only see one combat death each night.

    I would like to think that absent leads and with a lot of N1 casualties we're collectively playing tight, apart from the mafia, but who knows?

    Auralynx on
    kshu0oba7xnr.png

  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles Jack of all interests... ...master of noneRegistered User regular
    edited October 17
    Ahhhhh. Yeah, that's definitely a new person experience.

    Disc is like this every single game. As someone who normally does the vote tallies, I'm hyper aware of it because I usually have like 6 duplicate disc entries that I have to record every day.

    Disc is why I figured out how to automate retracting votes in the spreadsheets I use to keep track of voting.

    H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
    AustinP0027kime
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles Jack of all interests... ...master of noneRegistered User regular
    edited October 17
    JPants wrote: »
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    discrider wrote: »
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    discrider wrote: »
    Like, J4s reaction is sus as all get out,

    On the one hand, sure. A couple votes fairly early day 2 is nothing to freak out over. On the other hand, of the couple times I got pissy about getting wagoned, the most heated I recall was when I was village.

    ...

    Didn't you explode last game as the Mafia?

    The music faction game, with the three houses, that is.
    Time is a meaningless construct.

    You're conflating two different music-themed phallas by Locus:

    I was not mafia in the Newfie music phalla, and basically got railroaded by JPants who I'd been networking with up to that point, and blew my stack.

    Just woke up and and catching up with the thread but I had to stop and respond to this cause that does NOT match my memory (which is not perfect admittedly, but still).

    The way I remember it was you turning me partisan the night before the game ended, snatching the victory from me. I remember no "railroading" of any kind. Again, this could be bad memory but a quick skim of PM's and the game thread make me think my memory is right here. Maybe i'm petty when i first wake up or something but I really want to vote you just for the mischaracterization.

    Like disc, you're conflating the two music-themed phallas Locus has hosted. That was the later one, and you and disc both got partially converted by me because I was trying not to lose. Disc's second partisan conversion was especially bad because it literally could not accomplish anything, and that hadn't occurred to me until it was too late. I felt really bad about that and continue to be amazed he hasn't grudge-voted for me due to it. But I genuinely believed I was converting the trickiest players who would be susceptible; I didn't target anyone to deny them a win.

    I was referring to the first music phalla, where the host provided a cast of characters (but not their affiliations, nor which player was which), everyone was a partial seer, and the mafia had a seer-tampering power. Remember, Sir Fab wrote a song and posted it after the game was over? You set up a network early on with a scheme where we'd all seer one other member in an attempt to prevent mafia interference, but it never entirely worked (one player got killed, there was some other issue, and you yourself changed your seer target to someone outside the network). Later in the game, you seered Sir Fab, and after it showed the character I was playing, you pm'ed them challenging them over who they were. When Sir Fab identified as the character you seered them as, you took that as proof (based on a faulty assumption of how the mafia interference worked), and started a wagon against me in thread. As it turned out, I was innocent, Sir Fab was lying (because the mafia power was just to pick a character to appear as from the list the host provided, not to pick another player and appear as who they are, so the mafia always knew who they'd show up as), and IIRC 38th Doe was the mole in the network. You even posted a link to a Youtube video of a Nirvana song the next day to apologize.

    It's okay, man. I was mad as hell at the time, but I don't bear a grudge. I was just making a point that JaysonFour's anger didn't necessarily indicate mafia affiliation.

    H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    JPants wrote: »
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    discrider wrote: »
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    discrider wrote: »
    Like, J4s reaction is sus as all get out,

    On the one hand, sure. A couple votes fairly early day 2 is nothing to freak out over. On the other hand, of the couple times I got pissy about getting wagoned, the most heated I recall was when I was village.

    ...

    Didn't you explode last game as the Mafia?

    The music faction game, with the three houses, that is.
    Time is a meaningless construct.

    You're conflating two different music-themed phallas by Locus:

    I was not mafia in the Newfie music phalla, and basically got railroaded by JPants who I'd been networking with up to that point, and blew my stack.

    Just woke up and and catching up with the thread but I had to stop and respond to this cause that does NOT match my memory (which is not perfect admittedly, but still).

    The way I remember it was you turning me partisan the night before the game ended, snatching the victory from me. I remember no "railroading" of any kind. Again, this could be bad memory but a quick skim of PM's and the game thread make me think my memory is right here. Maybe i'm petty when i first wake up or something but I really want to vote you just for the mischaracterization.

    Like disc, you're conflating the two music-themed phallas Locus has hosted. That was the later one, and you and disc both got partially converted by me because I was trying not to lose. Disc's second partisan conversion was especially bad because it literally could not accomplish anything, and that hadn't occurred to me until it was too late. I felt really bad about that and continue to be amazed he hasn't grudge-voted for me due to it. But I genuinely believed I was converting the trickiest players who would be susceptible; I didn't target anyone to deny them a win.

    I was referring to the first music phalla, where the host provided a cast of characters (but not their affiliations, nor which player was which), everyone was a partial seer, and the mafia had a seer-tampering power. Remember, Sir Fab wrote a song and posted it after the game was over? You set up a network early on with a scheme where we'd all seer one other member in an attempt to prevent mafia interference, but it never entirely worked (one player got killed, there was some other issue, and you yourself changed your seer target to someone outside the network). Later in the game, you seered Sir Fab, and after it showed the character I was playing, you pm'ed them challenging them over who they were. When Sir Fab identified as the character you seered them as, you took that as proof (based on a faulty assumption of how the mafia interference worked), and started a wagon against me in thread. As it turned out, I was innocent, Sir Fab was lying (because the mafia power was just to pick a character to appear as from the list the host provided, not to pick another player and appear as who they are, so the mafia always knew who they'd show up as), and IIRC 38th Doe was the mole in the network. You even posted a link to a Youtube video of a Nirvana song the next day to apologize.

    It's okay, man. I was mad as hell at the time, but I don't bear a grudge. I was just making a point that JaysonFour's anger didn't necessarily indicate mafia affiliation.

    Everything about this post is correct. Apologies for the false claim this morning! I do remember feeling particularly bad about being wrong that game (and I'm pretty sure that was the start of me always labeling 38th as mafia in every game after that, usually while *I* am mafia).

  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles Jack of all interests... ...master of noneRegistered User regular
    edited October 17
    Well it's understandably confusing. I'm just concerned when Locus continues the series (the first two were billed as a prologue and Act I), that it's gonna make keeping track of what happened in which of Locus' music phallas pretty difficult.

    H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    JPants wrote: »
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    discrider wrote: »
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    discrider wrote: »
    Like, J4s reaction is sus as all get out,

    On the one hand, sure. A couple votes fairly early day 2 is nothing to freak out over. On the other hand, of the couple times I got pissy about getting wagoned, the most heated I recall was when I was village.

    ...

    Didn't you explode last game as the Mafia?

    The music faction game, with the three houses, that is.
    Time is a meaningless construct.

    You're conflating two different music-themed phallas by Locus:

    I was not mafia in the Newfie music phalla, and basically got railroaded by JPants who I'd been networking with up to that point, and blew my stack.

    Just woke up and and catching up with the thread but I had to stop and respond to this cause that does NOT match my memory (which is not perfect admittedly, but still).

    The way I remember it was you turning me partisan the night before the game ended, snatching the victory from me. I remember no "railroading" of any kind. Again, this could be bad memory but a quick skim of PM's and the game thread make me think my memory is right here. Maybe i'm petty when i first wake up or something but I really want to vote you just for the mischaracterization.

    Like disc, you're conflating the two music-themed phallas Locus has hosted. That was the later one, and you and disc both got partially converted by me because I was trying not to lose. Disc's second partisan conversion was especially bad because it literally could not accomplish anything, and that hadn't occurred to me until it was too late. I felt really bad about that and continue to be amazed he hasn't grudge-voted for me due to it. But I genuinely believed I was converting the trickiest players who would be susceptible; I didn't target anyone to deny them a win.

    I was referring to the first music phalla, where the host provided a cast of characters (but not their affiliations, nor which player was which), everyone was a partial seer, and the mafia had a seer-tampering power. Remember, Sir Fab wrote a song and posted it after the game was over? You set up a network early on with a scheme where we'd all seer one other member in an attempt to prevent mafia interference, but it never entirely worked (one player got killed, there was some other issue, and you yourself changed your seer target to someone outside the network). Later in the game, you seered Sir Fab, and after it showed the character I was playing, you pm'ed them challenging them over who they were. When Sir Fab identified as the character you seered them as, you took that as proof (based on a faulty assumption of how the mafia interference worked), and started a wagon against me in thread. As it turned out, I was innocent, Sir Fab was lying (because the mafia power was just to pick a character to appear as from the list the host provided, not to pick another player and appear as who they are, so the mafia always knew who they'd show up as), and IIRC 38th Doe was the mole in the network. You even posted a link to a Youtube video of a Nirvana song the next day to apologize.

    It's okay, man. I was mad as hell at the time, but I don't bear a grudge. I was just making a point that JaysonFour's anger didn't necessarily indicate mafia affiliation.

    I didn't conflate anything though.
    And I wasn't mad at being converted a second time, because you were mafia.

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Some sorta sentient internet aggregator
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles Jack of all interests... ...master of noneRegistered User regular
    Having just now caught up on the thread, and I am still unsure what to do. I'm just glad this is the long weekend.

    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    I think we all need to pile on a single person tonight, to prevent shenanigans made under cover of darkness.
    Or just all lie about who we're voting for in a two person race and see what happens.
    Either way, letting the mafia decide who dies in a two or many person race without a vote record seems a bad idea.

    It would however be a good time to put the new guy out of his misery.
    But I'm also looking at Obbi.

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Some sorta sentient internet aggregator
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Also Bedlam seems clean, on account of being around at vote close.
    Despite voting for J4 and agreeing with my vote posts, the latter being super sus

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Some sorta sentient internet aggregator
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Any reason to vote David? Just being new isn't a quality that says mafia so I'd like to vote based on more, honestly

    mrpakuH3KnucklesLucedes
  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    To clarify what I meant (and I was a bit groggy yesterday) is that if you stack enough damage together then its the same as having a kill ability. Also based on What J4 says and based on Bluecyans definition of a vig: I dont think J4 was the vig, I dont think he had a kill ability at all, he just did a bunch of damage (and he said it was predicated on him scratching someone else with his nail)

    Also I wouldnt have switched vote targets based on how he was acting. He wanted to swerve the vote off himself so badly that that is all he focused on. If you are going to die town then you are better served making a sus list of targets we can hit after you are gone. The way J4 was acting made him seem much more likely as a mafia or sk, someone who needs to live in order to win.

    Lastly, I did make a list the other day and if no other good targets are presented I have full intentions of voting for Invictus.



  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Any reason to vote David? Just being new isn't a quality that says mafia so I'd like to vote based on more, honestly

    Same reason as yesterday: New guy is doing New guy mafia things.
    Being nervous and non-comittal, and today pessimistic about village chances.

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Some sorta sentient internet aggregator
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    Any reason to vote David? Just being new isn't a quality that says mafia so I'd like to vote based on more, honestly

    Same reason as yesterday: New guy is doing New guy mafia things.
    Being nervous and non-comittal, and today pessimistic about village chances.

    I know we still don't have a vote record with mafia deaths to work with, but this seems a little odd to be focusing on still.
    discrider wrote: »
    Day 1 looked like it described
    - Vote
    - Vig
    - Mafia/spider
    - Assassin
    - Combat

    Day 2 looked like it described
    - Vote & Dead Vig
    - Assassin
    - Combat
    - Mafia doing a vote record blocker

    Where does "Assassin" come in exactly?

    OrokosPA.png
    Play D&D 4e? :: Check out Orokos and upload your Character Builder sheet! :: Orokos Dice Roller
    The PhalLounge :: Chat board for Critical Failures IRC! :: #CriticalFailures and #mafia on irc.slashnet.org
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited October 18
    Infidel wrote: »
    discrider wrote: »
    Any reason to vote David? Just being new isn't a quality that says mafia so I'd like to vote based on more, honestly

    Same reason as yesterday: New guy is doing New guy mafia things.
    Being nervous and non-comittal, and today pessimistic about village chances.

    I know we still don't have a vote record with mafia deaths to work with, but this seems a little odd to be focusing on still.
    discrider wrote: »
    Day 1 looked like it described
    - Vote
    - Vig
    - Mafia/spider
    - Assassin
    - Combat

    Day 2 looked like it described
    - Vote & Dead Vig
    - Assassin
    - Combat
    - Mafia doing a vote record blocker

    Where does "Assassin" come in exactly?

    Assassin kills are the ones where the player abruptly dies without description, and I've just picked up 'assassin' from other people's posts, cause I don't know the game at all:
    Bluecyan wrote: »
    Virgil - cause of death: too many thumbs up. Likely weapon: Democracy

    Heffling - cause of death, slashing. Likely weapon: nail common weapon of standard soldiers (and main charecter in Hallow Knight). Current hypothesis: Likely multiple village attacked Heffling.

    LostNinja - cause of death, unknown location of death geo field in darkened area. Geo is currency in beetle community. Hypothesis: killed quickly by an agent unknown. Of note: Gorgeous Dandies are richest of beetles so geo likely related to victim and not attacker.

    Spoit - cause of death: unknown. sticky substance found on victims feet. reports of luminous eyes in darkness at same time. Hypothesis: spiders (Boss in game)

    Cythraul - cause of death: unknown. Reports of shinning beautiful light in the darkness. Hypthoesis: Radiance (light boss in game)?
    Edit: Alternate theory: Nosk killed Cythraul and mafia is spider based.



    Current Theory: Village comprised of Soldier cast (good at combat) and aristocracy (bad at combat) with specials mixed between the groups. Mafia based on bosses (2 kills). SK/Vig is assassin (1 kill).

    discrider on
    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Some sorta sentient internet aggregator
  • BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    Infidel wrote: »
    discrider wrote: »
    Any reason to vote David? Just being new isn't a quality that says mafia so I'd like to vote based on more, honestly

    Same reason as yesterday: New guy is doing New guy mafia things.
    Being nervous and non-comittal, and today pessimistic about village chances.

    I know we still don't have a vote record with mafia deaths to work with, but this seems a little odd to be focusing on still.
    discrider wrote: »
    Day 1 looked like it described
    - Vote
    - Vig
    - Mafia/spider
    - Assassin
    - Combat

    Day 2 looked like it described
    - Vote & Dead Vig
    - Assassin
    - Combat
    - Mafia doing a vote record blocker

    Where does "Assassin" come in exactly?

    Those are for the kills where the flavor text ends abruptly without any obvious signs of death. The assumption being they are coming from the same source who kills without the victim noticing, hence assassin.

  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    So are you guys talking lore, or role? Cause "assassin" isn't a standard term for a kill/role and is a little weird to me to show up.

    OrokosPA.png
    Play D&D 4e? :: Check out Orokos and upload your Character Builder sheet! :: Orokos Dice Roller
    The PhalLounge :: Chat board for Critical Failures IRC! :: #CriticalFailures and #mafia on irc.slashnet.org
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    It is a Serial Killer most likely, and I don't know if there's an assassin in Hollow Knight, but I'm assuming the others know what they're talking about

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Some sorta sentient internet aggregator
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    JaysonFour died green after previously claiming he targeted Infidel with an attack. Infidel said he didn't take any damage.

    This is either a lie, which means we vote him out. Or it means he was the target of a busdriver. I got hit for 8 that same night. Did anyone else? If not that means it was busdriven to me (or the person it was busdriven to died that night or the last). I guess it could also mean he was guarded, but the 8 damage I took is coincidental enough to make me think the busdrive over guarding.

    If no one else can claim they took 8 damage, then it likely means Infidel was the target of a busdrive onto me.

    Adding another layer to this, I was also hit by a heal that same night. I asked in thread for the person to come forward because I assumed that would be a village power (I still mostly do). The person who healed me came forward and said they targeted me. So, this means one of two things:
    1) They are telling the truth, which implies the busdrive is a one-way busdrive.
    2) They are lying. This would mean they knew about the busdrive and realized they could claim they targeted me because I wouldn't know they knew about the busdrive.

    I'm inclined to believe its scenario #1. But in case its scenario #2, that would likely imply both Infidel and the healer are mafia, since in order for the healer to know about the busdrive it would imply they knew about someone else's actions which implies informed minority.

    I think Infidel is our best vote today. Busdrivers aren't usually a village ability. And it makes sense the mafia would busdrive off of Infidel, fearing his big name would make him the target of an early hit squad.

  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Dang it, its too late. Thats actually bad logic on the healer. If they knew there was a busdrive (from the mafia) then they wouldn't have targeted Infidel because they would've known it would be busdriven off of him. So #2 is impossible. Its likely #1 which means we can infer it was possible it was a one-way busdrive off of Infidel onto me that night.

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited October 18
    ObiFett wrote: »
    JaysonFour died green after previously claiming he targeted Infidel with an attack. Infidel said he didn't take any damage.

    This is either a lie, which means we vote him out. Or it means he was the target of a busdriver. I got hit for 8 that same night. Did anyone else? If not that means it was busdriven to me (or the person it was busdriven to died that night or the last). I guess it could also mean he was guarded, but the 8 damage I took is coincidental enough to make me think the busdrive over guarding.

    If no one else can claim they took 8 damage, then it likely means Infidel was the target of a busdrive onto me.

    Adding another layer to this, I was also hit by a heal that same night. I asked in thread for the person to come forward because I assumed that would be a village power (I still mostly do). The person who healed me came forward and said they targeted me. So, this means one of two things:
    1) They are telling the truth, which implies the busdrive is a one-way busdrive.
    2) They are lying. This would mean they knew about the busdrive and realized they could claim they targeted me because I wouldn't know they knew about the busdrive.

    I'm inclined to believe its scenario #1. But in case its scenario #2, that would likely imply both Infidel and the healer are mafia, since in order for the healer to know about the busdrive it would imply they knew about someone else's actions which implies informed minority.

    I think Infidel is our best vote today. Busdrivers aren't usually a village ability. And it makes sense the mafia would busdrive off of Infidel, fearing his big name would make him the target of an early hit squad.

    I don't think this follows.
    It implies that Infidel states the truth about receiving no damage after having the attack busdriven off him by a mafia fellow.
    Which.. he has no reason to not just say 'Yeah I took 8 damage' at that point and not expose himself.

    I think it's more likely the mafia took 8 damage after being busdriven onto Infidel.
    And is now not telling us that they took damage.

    And I may be going insane and misremembering someone talking about seeing something they weren't meant to see?
    I thought it was in JaysonFour's posts, but I couldn't find it again.

    discrider on
    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Some sorta sentient internet aggregator
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited October 18
    I guess the question with Infidel is whether mafia Inf or village Inf places their vote on J4 after having damage inexplicably busdriven off them from the then purported vig.
    Or if he just lies to get the vig voted off.

    Also if Inf is mafia, then you're looking at a successful guard stopping the mafia kill last night, as I don't think the vote record block would stop the kill and Inf was around at vote close.

    discrider on
    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Some sorta sentient internet aggregator
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Actually, mafia busdriver seems too powerful in this game.
    Would mean kill-teams can't kill mafia.

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Some sorta sentient internet aggregator
  • SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Village always has the vote to kill things, so kill teams identifying likely targets is quite reasonable.

    Village busdrivers are rarely a thing, it's an ability that only serves to create confusion, and any scenario where it would be used to "guard" someone your still likely hurting a villager

    PSN SeGaTai
    H3Knuckles
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    JaysonFour died green after previously claiming he targeted Infidel with an attack. Infidel said he didn't take any damage.

    This is either a lie, which means we vote him out. Or it means he was the target of a busdriver. I got hit for 8 that same night. Did anyone else? If not that means it was busdriven to me (or the person it was busdriven to died that night or the last). I guess it could also mean he was guarded, but the 8 damage I took is coincidental enough to make me think the busdrive over guarding.

    If no one else can claim they took 8 damage, then it likely means Infidel was the target of a busdrive onto me.

    Adding another layer to this, I was also hit by a heal that same night. I asked in thread for the person to come forward because I assumed that would be a village power (I still mostly do). The person who healed me came forward and said they targeted me. So, this means one of two things:
    1) They are telling the truth, which implies the busdrive is a one-way busdrive.
    2) They are lying. This would mean they knew about the busdrive and realized they could claim they targeted me because I wouldn't know they knew about the busdrive.

    I'm inclined to believe its scenario #1. But in case its scenario #2, that would likely imply both Infidel and the healer are mafia, since in order for the healer to know about the busdrive it would imply they knew about someone else's actions which implies informed minority.

    I think Infidel is our best vote today. Busdrivers aren't usually a village ability. And it makes sense the mafia would busdrive off of Infidel, fearing his big name would make him the target of an early hit squad.

    I also took a hit for 8 night 1, but it was originally for 15. I've been defending.

    Sounds like Obbi got targeted for an attack by either the same person that hit me or the one that hit you last night, from this:
    Obbi wrote: »
    And to the bug that slashed me for 8 damage, jokes on you, I couldn't even figure out who to hit, so I guarded! It only hurt half as much, you idiot!

    So there's still someone swinging randomly or getting an effect out of it.

    kshu0oba7xnr.png

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Sounds like one person randomly attacking but happened to hit or defending.

    Then one other person that can do some sort of bus driving that made the original "hit 8 to do more to someone else" that J4 claimed redirect the 8 to Obi.

    Also there is this:
    Invictus wrote: »
    I attacked LostNinja last night, taking a random swing, and I "saw something that was not meant to be seen" and my attack was cancelled. Pretty sure that's an SK ability if there ever was one.

    Lost was killed by the "assassin" mysterious kill. So anyone attacking the same person gets a message?

  • davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I’ll be keeping track of the thread best I can today, and then tomorrow I’ll be a bit busy real life on the run up to vote close so I’d appreciate an @ or message if some breaking news occurs so I can vote appropriately.

    Do we have any concrete list of suspected mafia yet? Everything seems pretty wide open from what I can tell.

    PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    JaysonFour died green after previously claiming he targeted Infidel with an attack. Infidel said he didn't take any damage.

    This is either a lie, which means we vote him out. Or it means he was the target of a busdriver. I got hit for 8 that same night. Did anyone else? If not that means it was busdriven to me (or the person it was busdriven to died that night or the last). I guess it could also mean he was guarded, but the 8 damage I took is coincidental enough to make me think the busdrive over guarding.

    If no one else can claim they took 8 damage, then it likely means Infidel was the target of a busdrive onto me.

    Adding another layer to this, I was also hit by a heal that same night. I asked in thread for the person to come forward because I assumed that would be a village power (I still mostly do). The person who healed me came forward and said they targeted me. So, this means one of two things:
    1) They are telling the truth, which implies the busdrive is a one-way busdrive.
    2) They are lying. This would mean they knew about the busdrive and realized they could claim they targeted me because I wouldn't know they knew about the busdrive.

    I'm inclined to believe its scenario #1. But in case its scenario #2, that would likely imply both Infidel and the healer are mafia, since in order for the healer to know about the busdrive it would imply they knew about someone else's actions which implies informed minority.

    I think Infidel is our best vote today. Busdrivers aren't usually a village ability. And it makes sense the mafia would busdrive off of Infidel, fearing his big name would make him the target of an early hit squad.

    I was suspicious of Obi before but this about cements it barring some big reveal. This is well beyond the clueslessness I would expect from a normal villager. The idea that several people didn't get hit on any specific night is pretty silly, certainly when combined with assuming strange alterations on abilities to implicate Infidel. I really don't see Mafia-Infidel lying about not getting hit outside of the theory that they felt it justified saving Jdark to put themselves out there, the safer play is to tell the simplest story.

    ObiFett for general quietness, specifically around close last night and the above post.

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    No, that's an appropriate level of cluelessness from a villager.
    See Durion's post above for inappropriate levels of cluelessness.

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Some sorta sentient internet aggregator
  • InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    Bluecyan wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    JaysonFour died green after previously claiming he targeted Infidel with an attack. Infidel said he didn't take any damage.

    This is either a lie, which means we vote him out. Or it means he was the target of a busdriver. I got hit for 8 that same night. Did anyone else? If not that means it was busdriven to me (or the person it was busdriven to died that night or the last). I guess it could also mean he was guarded, but the 8 damage I took is coincidental enough to make me think the busdrive over guarding.

    If no one else can claim they took 8 damage, then it likely means Infidel was the target of a busdrive onto me.

    Adding another layer to this, I was also hit by a heal that same night. I asked in thread for the person to come forward because I assumed that would be a village power (I still mostly do). The person who healed me came forward and said they targeted me. So, this means one of two things:
    1) They are telling the truth, which implies the busdrive is a one-way busdrive.
    2) They are lying. This would mean they knew about the busdrive and realized they could claim they targeted me because I wouldn't know they knew about the busdrive.

    I'm inclined to believe its scenario #1. But in case its scenario #2, that would likely imply both Infidel and the healer are mafia, since in order for the healer to know about the busdrive it would imply they knew about someone else's actions which implies informed minority.

    I think Infidel is our best vote today. Busdrivers aren't usually a village ability. And it makes sense the mafia would busdrive off of Infidel, fearing his big name would make him the target of an early hit squad.

    I was suspicious of Obi before but this about cements it barring some big reveal. This is well beyond the clueslessness I would expect from a normal villager. The idea that several people didn't get hit on any specific night is pretty silly, certainly when combined with assuming strange alterations on abilities to implicate Infidel. I really don't see Mafia-Infidel lying about not getting hit outside of the theory that they felt it justified saving Jdark to put themselves out there, the safer play is to tell the simplest story.

    ObiFett for general quietness, specifically around close last night and the above post.

    What? I am deeply confused by your post. Obi here is making inferences from the data: JaysonFour says he hit Infidel, and Jayson died green, so probably JaysonFour hit Infidel. Infidel claims to have taken no damage. So unless JaysonFour lied for some reason, either a) Infidel lied (this is the case you're focused on, but it's not the case Obi is focused on), or b) Infidel was the target of a busdriver. I admit Obi has this mostly-irrelevant-for-vote-purposes bit in the middle about the healer, as lots of people could've been hit for 8 and not necessarily come forward about it, for no particular reason. But the bigger point is that Infidel probably wouldn't lie, as you say, so probably b) Infidel was the target of a busdrive.

    Obi thinks Infidel being busdriven is evidence he's mafia, and I'm not sure about that, as Infidel attracts seers etc as much as he attracts mafia attention, so the mafia might just be trying to screw that stuff up.

    In any case, all of this is good logic from Obi and I have no idea why you think good village discussion means Obi is bad?

    Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    Unrelatedly, i got hit for a ton last night, including a strike from above that also action-blocked me. The only quantities I was hit for were 15 and 11, some of those multiple times, but in interest of trying not to make explicit exactly how many hp I have left I don't wanna say the details except to say the air hit was for 11.

    Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
Sign In or Register to comment.