As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NFL] Thread: Low Bar: Cleared!

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    quovadis13 wrote: »
    If you subscribe to Defector and had read the Al Michaels interview there this week, you might come to the conclusion that just being around and being friendly with the billionaire owner class type seems to turn your moral compass into mush. So I would imagine that alot of the "elite" level players that tend to get friendly with the owners are probably on a certain end of the political spectrum now. Playing football probably also breeds that sort of mentality into you as well I would imagine.

I hope most of us do!

• Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    RickRude wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    A white rich dude from Mississippi being a Republican should not exactly be a surprise.

A white rich dude from Mississippi who texts unsolicited pics of his dick to female coworkers

And who defrauds charities and the government.

This i didn't know. Is he that big a shit?

Ahhh you told me in the politics thread you wouldn't lie to me, I just don't want to believe it. To Google I go and get crushed by someone I sort of liked.

Just don't tell me marino is a piece of shit or you'll break me.

Ok I wouldn't tell you.

He has a kid with disabilities, does all this charity work, and was the spokesman for isotoner gloves. I refuse to hear ill of this man

• Options
    @Santa Claustrophobia not sure where you get those tv maps, gonna post one this weekend? Wondering, and thinking I'll get the rams dolphins this weekend being in the la market. Actually thinking of waking up at 930 to watch it.

My luck it won't be a telivised game and I'm gonna wake up for nothing and be pissed.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    I usually post them early Sunday. But since it apparently affects what time you wake up, here goes.

Of course, by the time the game starts, I'll have been awake for six or seven hours.

• Options
    I usually post them early Sunday. But since it apparently affects what time you wake up, here goes.

Of course, by the time the game starts, I'll have been awake for six or seven hours.

Appreciate it man, wasn't sure how to look it up. It looks like I'm in the purple area so I should get the early fox game which would be la vs miami.

Want to see our hopefully qb of the future make his first start. Expecting to see a peyton manning type rookie debut. Don't remember his debut just his rookie season, alot of ints. But hoping hes just a stud day one. The other rookie qbs have looked pretty good.

• Options
    It's tua time and I'm awake! Let's see how this goes. Am excited.

• Options
    edited November 2020
    Damn it. I'm going back to bed.

RickRude on
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    3 minutes between those posts

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    Touchdown Tua! First nfl td pass and the game is somehow tied. Defense stepping up.

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular

Appreciate it man, wasn't sure how to look it up. It looks like I'm in the purple area so I should get the early fox game which would be la vs miami.

Want to see our hopefully qb of the future make his first start. Expecting to see a peyton manning type rookie debut. Don't remember his debut just his rookie season, alot of ints. But hoping hes just a stud day one. The other rookie qbs have looked pretty good.

When in doubt search "nfl broadcast maps" and it'll come up

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    Tox wrote: »

When in doubt search "nfl broadcast maps" and it'll come up

But what would we need Santa for then?

That's his thing. A relic of the past, clinging desperately to stay relevant, despite modernization making his job all but obselete.

Without this, he'd have to find something with a future.

Does Adam Gase need a personal assistant in New York?

• Options
    Wow, dolphins defense wants to get tua a win. They have no right being up 14-7.

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Goff gonna Goff

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Goff gonna Goff
    This. Jared Goff is... surprisingly bad for a team that's coached by an "offensive genius".

Gyral on
    25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    I wonder if there is a single person that started Miami D/ST in fantasy today

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
  • Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Done with this Lions game. O-line decided to take the day off.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    28-7 now. They showed the chargers sideline. It's 140 degrees down there. Miami's side? 86. Probably making a difference

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    28-7 now. They showed the chargers sideline. It's 140 degrees down there. Miami's side? 86. Probably making a difference

This crap always bothered me. Dolphins deserve to stay trash for pulling that in their stadium.

Teams should start boycotting these terrible stadiums.

Trajan45 on
    Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    Trajan45 wrote: »

This crap always bothered me. Dolphins deserve to stay trash for pulling that in their stadium.

Teams should start boycotting these terrible stadiums.

Or at the least, Away Team gets to choose the sideline they want. You wanna play funny buggers, and have one side in the shade, and the other getting direct sun AND reflected light? Then the opponent gets to choose the one they want.

• Options
    The packers defense is a goddamned embarrassment

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
  • Options
    Tua is looking ok. Recievers not really helping him. He's thrown some nice deep balls, and made some sharp throws, but hasn't done a lot so far. Offense looks mostly stagnant. And don't know what they were thinking going wildcat.

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    5 TD passes for Mahomes. So his psychotic TD-INT ratio after 8 games is 21 to 1.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Man if this defense can play like this all season we could actually contend this year. See if they can figure out this offense with tua out. They haven't even really let him do anything I feel.

• Options
    BWAAAAAAAHAHAHA!

I was watching the Bills piss away the game, and Newton coughs up the ball on what was arguably at worst, taking the game to overtime (inside the 15, 30 secs left on the clock, down 3pts).

• Options
    Was reading an article about why miami started tua this early and it made sense. We have houston's first and 2nd round draft pick next year which should be quite high. Got to see what we got now when there's good qbs next year too.

• Options
    HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular

Fire Capers Pettine!

But yeah...that run defense is terrible. Thursday night is going to be brutal.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    I think this DK Metcalf might have a future as a football player.

Dang.

Because if there's something Russell Wilson didn't need, it was a great reciever.

• Options
    Heir wrote: »

Fire Capers Pettine!

But yeah...that run defense is terrible. Thursday night is going to be brutal.

I maintain that while the Jordan Love pick was bad. But not because of skipping WRs. The whole draft should have been defense.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Deejay Dallas has been putting work in, glad to see him get a TD for his efforts

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    MorganV wrote: »
    I think this DK Metcalf might have a future as a football player.

Dang.

Because if there's something Russell Wilson didn't need, it was a great reciever.

Mine Kimes lookin' pretty smart

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    ok wilson clearly has Metcalf on his fantasy team

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Bears/Saints is bleak

• Options
    Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    Bears/Saints is turning into a shitshow. Javon Wims started throwing punches at a dude just standing around after a play, looking the other way. Nick Foles looks like he smoked a giant bowl during halftime, taking a delay of game penalty while his offensive line is screaming at him to hurry the fuck up. Then tossing a pick just for the hell of it.

• Options
    Bears/Saints is turning into a shitshow. Javon Wims started throwing punches at a dude just standing around after a play, looking the other way. Nick Foles looks like he smoked a giant bowl during halftime, taking a delay of game penalty while his offensive line is screaming at him to hurry the fuck up. Then tossing a pick just for the hell of it.

Drew Brees has been shit from an ass in the 3rd quarter too

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Between this week and last week, I'm becoming more convinced that DK Metcalf is actually a Terminator.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    This Bumblefuck Derby is great.

• Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular

Can't have an embarrassing defense if you don't have a defense.

*taps temple*

• Options
    SUPERGENIUS Beav just giving points away.

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Between this week and last week, I'm becoming more convinced that DK Metcalf is actually a Terminator.

I swear at least one player per game injured themselves trying to blow up Metcalf with a tackle.

• Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    If the NFL wants people to watch football, why are 3 of the 4 teams in the “marquis” games this week from the NFC East?