[NFL] Thread: Bert Favor Shows His Whole Ass

Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho HoDisconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
edited October 30 in Debate and/or Discourse
There was going to be a double header tonight, but more New England players tested positive. So, Denver/New England will be rescheduled. Again.


Now, celebrate the coaching styling of Dan Quinn!
2020-10-02-FalconsChoke.png

Santa Claustrophobia on
Blackhawk1313Trajan45AuralynxTicaldfjamArdolShadowenDoctor DetroitknitdanToxtzeentchlingMvrckH3KnucklesMorganVElvenshaeSorceRedTidechrono_travellerDraevenRingo
«13456711

Posts

  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    This is a weird season. San Diego is now up 20-3 with less than five minutes in the half.

    Preacher
  • eddizhereeddizhere Scrubber Than A Sponge Scrubtown, USARegistered User regular
    Chargers defense is stout as hell and Herbert is a soul crusher at QB

    League of Legends: Plutoniumwombat
    Smite: Plutoniumwombat
  • RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    All it takes is for one player to fuck up and there's a 64 yard td pass.

  • RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    They took brees out, of course the qb is going to run it.

  • GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited October 13
    1 minute left down by 1, opponent has 3 timeouts... kicks the extra point

    Edit: at least they didn’t play prevent.

    Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    Such a chargers game.

    Ticaldfjam
  • kaidkaid Registered User regular
    Oh man they donked the kick to win that hurts my soul.

  • pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    Gotta be pleased with that game as a chargers fan.

    psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
    TicaldfjamTrajan45
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Buffalo/Tennessee is on CBS right now.

    Six
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Lots of pretenders getting exposed in the AFC.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
    Ticaldfjameddizhere
  • RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    I forgot there was a game tonight. My gf is gonna be pissed. She already thinks sports are on every day. And with the nba finals, league of legends , and football being postpone till Tuesday, I get her point.

  • dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    hmmm leveon homeless again
    maybe pats?

    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    So, is miami just horrible, tennessee awesome, or is tannahill a legit qb?

  • TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    edited October 14
    RickRude wrote: »
    So, is miami just horrible, tennessee awesome, or is tannahill a legit qb?

    Aka how the hell does Adam Gase still have a job?

    Ticaldfjam on
    H3KnucklesCaptain InertiaEddySorceToxTrajan45
  • eddizhereeddizhere Scrubber Than A Sponge Scrubtown, USARegistered User regular
    Tannehill is looking pretty legit. He's like 13-4 as a starter in Tennessee.

    Also as a titans fan I am beyond hype at this victory, especially after all the Bills fans have been talking so much trash the last week.

    League of Legends: Plutoniumwombat
    Smite: Plutoniumwombat
    SorceShadowhopePailryderHeir
  • RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    Sometimes I'm happy for tannahill, others I'm salty. We took a chance on him in the draft, we groomed him for 4 years, and he never really produced. Then again the team sucked, the offensive line was horrible, and his receivers didn't help him constantly dropping passes. Running game? When's the last time miami had that. Ricky williams probably and Dave wanstadt wasted him.

    I hope he continues to find success, but wish he could have been the guy in miami. I always liked him.

    eddizhere
  • eddizhereeddizhere Scrubber Than A Sponge Scrubtown, USARegistered User regular
    RickRude wrote: »
    Sometimes I'm happy for tannahill, others I'm salty. We took a chance on him in the draft, we groomed him for 4 years, and he never really produced. Then again the team sucked, the offensive line was horrible, and his receivers didn't help him constantly dropping passes. Running game? When's the last time miami had that. Ricky williams probably and Dave wanstadt wasted him.

    I hope he continues to find success, but wish he could have been the guy in miami. I always liked him.

    yeah it's amazing how a change of scenery can change things for a player. Hopefully Tua turns out to be a great franchise guy (especially after learning under Fitz). The dolphins are looking good this year and have been one of my faves since I was a kid.

    League of Legends: Plutoniumwombat
    Smite: Plutoniumwombat
    RickRude
  • EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited October 14
    Bills are still legit - Josh Allen actually looks pretty confidently in control of the offense, which I never thought I'd see (well, that one headscratcher INT he threw tonight I did think I'd see). Also their punter is fucking godlike, wtf

    Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    The Bills have a really tough schedule

    Shadowhope
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    Bills are still legit - Josh Allen actually looks pretty confidently in control of the offense, which I never thought I'd see (well, that one headscratcher INT he threw tonight I did think I'd see). Also their punter is fucking godlike, wtf

    From what I've seen of Josh Allen my main criticism is that he seems like a dumbass. Like, last week he had a play where he was under pressure and ended up chased 10-15 yards behind the LOS and took the sack when he could've easily thrown the ball away well before that. That sack took them out of field goal range, in a game where they were already up two TDs. There was no need to go for broke and if they take the field goal they're now up two TDs + a FG.

    So the fear is that he's gonna do dumbass shit like that INT but without the explosive plays to compensate for it, but so far that doesn't seem to be true.

    eddizhereEddy
  • eddizhereeddizhere Scrubber Than A Sponge Scrubtown, USARegistered User regular
    admanb wrote: »
    Eddy wrote: »
    Bills are still legit - Josh Allen actually looks pretty confidently in control of the offense, which I never thought I'd see (well, that one headscratcher INT he threw tonight I did think I'd see). Also their punter is fucking godlike, wtf

    From what I've seen of Josh Allen my main criticism is that he seems like a dumbass. Like, last week he had a play where he was under pressure and ended up chased 10-15 yards behind the LOS and took the sack when he could've easily thrown the ball away well before that. That sack took them out of field goal range, in a game where they were already up two TDs. There was no need to go for broke and if they take the field goal they're now up two TDs + a FG.

    So the fear is that he's gonna do dumbass shit like that INT but without the explosive plays to compensate for it, but so far that doesn't seem to be true.

    I think this is a problem that a lot of the younger "future of the league" qbs tend to have. Deshaun, Lamar, and Allen especially. They get on a streak and it's hard for them to fathom not being able to simply put the team on their backs, so they make a bad decision and get severely punished for it. Then that feeds into a cycle of bad decisions. I think it's largely a maturity thing that they'll all grow out of given the chance, though.

    League of Legends: Plutoniumwombat
    Smite: Plutoniumwombat
  • RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    admanb wrote: »
    Eddy wrote: »
    Bills are still legit - Josh Allen actually looks pretty confidently in control of the offense, which I never thought I'd see (well, that one headscratcher INT he threw tonight I did think I'd see). Also their punter is fucking godlike, wtf

    From what I've seen of Josh Allen my main criticism is that he seems like a dumbass. Like, last week he had a play where he was under pressure and ended up chased 10-15 yards behind the LOS and took the sack when he could've easily thrown the ball away well before that. That sack took them out of field goal range, in a game where they were already up two TDs. There was no need to go for broke and if they take the field goal they're now up two TDs + a FG.

    So the fear is that he's gonna do dumbass shit like that INT but without the explosive plays to compensate for it, but so far that doesn't seem to be true.

    In his defense, I've yelled at veteran qbs for doing the same thing. It's not hard to throw it at a running backs feet.

  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    It's funny to remember that Russell Wilson was referred to as a "game manager" in his first few seasons, which really just meant "he didn't make the same dumbass mistakes we expect from young quarterbacks."

    TicaldfjamStabbity StyleShadowhopeToxeddizhereTrajan45Capt HowdyEddy
  • knitdanknitdan Registered User regular
    admanb wrote: »
    It's funny to remember that Russell Wilson was referred to as a "game manager" in his first few seasons, which really just meant "he didn't make the same dumbass mistakes we expect from young quarterbacks."

    Also that he was constantly negatively compared to RG3 and Andrew Luck, because he
    1. Was smart enough to take care of his body and had a coach who wasn’t trying to kill him
    2. Wasn’t allowed to do all the things he was capable of (like throwing the long ball) because the OC wanted to focus on the run and short-yardage high-percentage pass plays

    And yet both those guys are out of the league now and he’s sitting pretty

    “I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
    TicaldfjamPreacherMvrckHeirCapt Howdy
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    admanb wrote: »
    It's funny to remember that Russell Wilson was referred to as a "game manager" in his first few seasons, which really just meant "he didn't make the same dumbass mistakes we expect from young quarterbacks."

    Also that he was constantly negatively compared to RG3 and Andrew Luck, because he
    1. Was smart enough to take care of his body and had a coach who wasn’t trying to kill him
    2. Wasn’t allowed to do all the things he was capable of (like throwing the long ball) because the OC wanted to focus on the run and short-yardage high-percentage pass plays

    And yet both those guys are out of the league now and he’s sitting pretty

    While true I think it's very arguable that neither of those players are out of the league because of their lack of smarts but rather because holy hell were they abused to hell and back by legitimately terrible management and coaching.

    H3KnucklestzeentchlingeddizhereArdolKanaEddyA Kobold's Kobold
  • SorceSorce Registered User regular
    RickRude wrote: »
    Sometimes I'm happy for tannahill, others I'm salty. We took a chance on him in the draft, we groomed him for 4 years, and he never really produced. Then again the team sucked, the offensive line was horrible, and his receivers didn't help him constantly dropping passes. Running game? When's the last time miami had that. Ricky williams probably and Dave wanstadt wasted him.

    I hope he continues to find success, but wish he could have been the guy in miami. I always liked him.
    He was failed by his head coach(es); the latest in a long line of QBs that got fucked over in the Miami system.

    It seems as if Flores is working towards breaking that, but we won't really know until Tua is the starter.

    steam_sig.png
    Backloggery. It's totally updated again, I swear!
  • Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Point of order, RG3 is Lamar’s backup, very much still in the league

    H3KnuckleseddizheretinwhiskersEddyA Kobold's Kobold
  • SixSix Ask me about my butthole Registered User regular
    edited October 14

    Six on
    steamcommunity.com/id/thenumbersix/
    Switch Friend Code: SW-1335-2661-4136
    ToxadmanbSorceMorganVPailryderTicaldfjamH3Knuckles
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    'You look tired. Have a lie down.'

  • Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    I love Timothy Burke’s Twitter

    Ticaldfjam
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    There will be no Pro Bowl in 2021.

    The world shrugged.

    TicaldfjamPreacherHappylilElfRickRudeknitdantzeentchlingSorceH3KnucklesElvenshaeEddychrono_traveller
  • quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    There will be no Pro Bowl in 2021.

    The world shrugged.

    They still do that anyways???

    Captain Inertia
  • Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    There will be no Pro Bowl in 2021.

    The world shrugged.

    Isn't it in Florida these days? I’m sure the governor will try and order them to have it.

    Ticaldfjam
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    It's supposed to be in Las Vegas in 2022.

  • knitdanknitdan Registered User regular
    There will be no Pro Bowl in 2021.

    The world shrugged.

    I’ve long thought they need to just release an All-Pro list, in part because some years so many of the first choices are hurt or injured that you end up with the 5th and 6th best players in their positions being considered “Pro Bowl” caliber.

    “I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
    Eddy
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    There will be no Pro Bowl in 2021.

    The world shrugged.

    I’ve long thought they need to just release an All-Pro list, in part because some years so many of the first choices are hurt or injured that you end up with the 5th and 6th best players in their positions being considered “Pro Bowl” caliber.

    That's basically what they're doing this year.

  • SorceSorce Registered User regular
    There will be no Pro Bowl in 2021.

    The world shrugged.

    Isn't it in Florida these days? I’m sure the governor will try and order them to have it.
    He absolutely would.

    But yeah, the Pro Bowl is (as of late) in Orlando, FL the week before the Superbowl. Because Hawai'i the week after the SB isn't good enough, I guess?

    steam_sig.png
    Backloggery. It's totally updated again, I swear!
  • MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    While he hasn't been particularly productive (yeah, understatement), I'm kinda surprised to see that the Jets arsed Le'Veon Bell at this stage of the season.

    Mainly because with the guaranteed money, are the Jets really going to get a player capable of doing better?

    Having this particular front office and coach make significant personnel decisions seems like the wrong move, given the future they deserve.

    I dunno which sucks more for Jets fans. That their coach appears to be fucking up their team right good, or that there's a non-zero chance they won't pull the trigger on him, and he'll still be there next year.

  • PantsBPantsB Registered User regular
    Dammit now the Falcons have 4 positive tests.

    The league got my hopes up but was just getting lucky early

    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
Sign In or Register to comment.