As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Instant Pot vs Crock-Pot [chat]

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    The Secret Fire of Prometheus
    okay

hmmtubt05p21.png

that's the 32 heat clear and the final Skelly reward, maybe this game will release me from its grasp now?

but I don't have all the furniture unlocked yet I guess....

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Delivery
    Yeah, but if you label something the 2020 model, people will avoid it like the plague.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Apple's scheme with early, mid, and late modifiers on the year is aesthetically pleasing, but can't be user facing. In their case they get away with just not changing the customer facing name at all, which is also a good option if you make a thing where the iterations are steady and not revolutionary, and people tend to just buy the thing when they need a new one.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    56 total clears wtf go find a new addiction.

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    Yeah, but if you label something the 2020 model, people will avoid it like the plague.

no I will buy it because I buy things to cope with my crushing mental illness in 2020

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    okay

that's the 32 heat clear and the final Skelly reward, maybe this game will release me from its grasp now?

but I don't have all the furniture unlocked yet I guess....

welcome to the 32 heat club

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    On the subject of weird shit in software, TIL that there’s a bit in ISO 27001 that essentially goes ”if you’re not fixing a bug or adding a new feature, don’t change your code ever”.

Apparently everyone just ignores that bit.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    KP have you finished it all in Hell mode?

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    Delivery
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    Cyberpunk?
    5dr4acm057lg.jpeg

Mask so safe you’re sideways so you slip between the germs more easily

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    wee sixth anniversary badge. my lurking habit is now in grade school.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Tesla issued a software update that adds 15 miles of range to my car and they didn't charge anything for it.

brb buying tesla cult merch

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Tesla issued a software update that adds 15 miles of range to my car and they didn't charge anything for it.

I look forward to hearing about your inevitable death in the Tesla mars colony.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Goddamn 1920's pop music voices are so freaking weird.

It's basically vtuber squeaky voices.

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Instant Pot
    Incenjucar wrote: »

There really was this 30-year period where everyone in media affected this weird nasal accent and spoke like they were being charged for time.

I don’t know why this happened. It seems like something I would know.

• Options

Was Betty Boop the original vtuber?

Squeaky voice. Giant eyes. She didn't have face tracking software but half of her cartoons used some rotoscoping.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2g6Mo5PIr4

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

Tesla engineer #1: "Ok, let's bump the software range limiter on these things up another 30 miles and see if everyone thinks we're genuises again."
    Tesla engineer #2: "Nah, just do 15. Then we can do it every year for even longer."

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Instant Pot
    I went to some picturesque beaches today and took photos of lighthouses and so on

Not my complete cup of tea, but nice to get out for a while
    cz6fr8c2t9jy.jpeg
    4mlsk79xomp5.jpeg
    stsh84yk5ttx.jpeg
    pg1hw104mx0n.jpeg
    0vra09omvyza.jpeg

• Options
  • Options
    Atomika wrote: »

There really was this 30-year period where everyone in media affected this weird nasal accent and spoke like they were being charged for time.

I don’t know why this happened. It seems like something I would know.

Must have been their equipment.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    You couldn't get any bass on 1920s equipment, I can assure you of that

• Options
    emnmnme wrote: »

Was Betty Boop the original vtuber?

Squeaky voice. Giant eyes. She didn't have face tracking software but half of her cartoons used some rotoscoping.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2g6Mo5PIr4

Betty was originally a dog, just like Korone. And Betty got all that waifu creeper attention.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Hmm what to make for dinner

• Options
    shryke wrote: »

Tesla engineer #1: "Ok, let's bump the software range limiter on these things up another 30 miles and see if everyone thinks we're genuises again."
    Tesla engineer #2: "Nah, just do 15. Then we can do it every year for even longer."

So in reality there is a range limiter that's mostly there to prevent you from dipping into the bottom x% of the battery, which will damage the cathodes and reduce the lifespan of the car. Sometimes they do actually change this value when they are confident that their prior guess was too conservative and data shows it's safe to go lower.

This update though specifically changed the heat pump's control software, which allows it to run the same climate control in the car while reducing overall electrical load.

I actually do think it's very neat that these things can be tweaked, tho I am a little nervous that a company as fast and loose as Tesla is doing the tweaking. But it's been ok so far.

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Delivery
    Coinage wrote: »

Yeah that’s why all their dubstep was at live shows only

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Betty had a boyfriend named Bimbo, which is not a very Vtuber thing

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Delivery
    Wasn’t Betty Boop based on a real woman?

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Checked in with mom.

They just gave him his third unit of blood in the last 24 hours. Still being safe rather than sorry. blood pressure is 114/something. Oxygen is 99%. Apparently he pulled out an IV when they were cleaning him.

He's doing okay, but... uggggh.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    so how do we bring the cats to power

• Options
    Neco wrote: »

Yeah, a ripoff of Helen Kane.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod

A woman's act that was based on another woman's act. Copy-catting all the way down, everything is a remake.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Delivery
    jgman2w2fbld.jpeg

etc

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Coinage wrote: »

Because of Disney+ my kids have been watching some of the old Disney movies and everything does feel noticeably more high pitched and kinda squeeky when they are singing and I've been wondering if it was just a style at the time for singing or the recording equipment or both. Makes it a lot harder to make out the lyrics and sounds really distinct from more modern disney movies.

• Options
    Couscous wrote: »

Google says Bimbo was her dog. Her dog ... that wore gloves, a shirt, and shoes and walked upright.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    shryke wrote: »

So in reality there is a range limiter that's mostly there to prevent you from dipping into the bottom x% of the battery, which will damage the cathodes and reduce the lifespan of the car. Sometimes they do actually change this value when they are confident that their prior guess was too conservative and data shows it's safe to go lower.

This update though specifically changed the heat pump's control software, which allows it to run the same climate control in the car while reducing overall electrical load.

I actually do think it's very neat that these things can be tweaked, tho I am a little nervous that a company as fast and loose as Tesla is doing the tweaking. But it's been ok so far.

"The last update installed fine. What could go wrong" - his last words
    :P

shryke on
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular

More likely on a few women iirc

Really I think she's mostly a caricature of flapper girls.

• Options

Google says Bimbo was her dog. Her dog ... that wore gloves, a shirt, and shoes and walked upright.

I have questions.
    c3affd09d07bc2bd68986ee18ae4de3f.png

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    Delivery

her bipedal, clothed dog can also be her boyfriend

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular

I think she started off as kind of a sidekick/backup singer to Bimbo and she was a hybrid dog/human like him at that point but she eventually overshadowed him and was changed to a full on human.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    new quiplash is out

7lelI7v.png?1

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Delivery
    I don't think you guys are recognizing the fact that every Xbox is special

This discussion has been closed.