As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

In a world, where [Trailers] are fun...

1212224262731

Posts

  • DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    I got a question, is Mortal Kombat's Scorpion a Ghost Rider?

    BloodySloth
  • CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    DanHibiki wrote: »
    I got a question, is Mortal Kombat's Scorpion a Ghost Rider?

    He doesn't ride anything so far as I'm aware, so I'd say no.

    PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    DanHibiki wrote: »
    I got a question, is Mortal Kombat's Scorpion a Ghost Rider?

    I don't think so.
    Scorpion is generally a damned soul condemned to hell who made a deal with a sorcerer to come back to earth and take vengeance against those who had wronged him.
    Ghost rider though, is a damned soul condemned to hell who made a deal with the devil to come back to earth and take vengeance against those who had wronged him.

    Completely different burning skeleton head guys.

    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
    PreacherSpoitShadowfireTehSpectreNobeardkimeAbsoluteZeroBeyond NormalEchoGiantGeek2020amateurhourFencingsaxZilla360override367JoolanderMarek
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    i wonder if marvel will interpret him to have an english accent as would be typical for evil doctors or actually have him have a more eastern european/baltic accent which would be more accurate

    But would it come and go as much as Wanda's accent?

    steam_sig.png
    Fencingsaxcj iwakura
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    DanHibiki wrote: »
    I got a question, is Mortal Kombat's Scorpion a Ghost Rider?

    I don't think so.
    Scorpion is generally a damned soul condemned to hell who made a deal with a sorcerer to come back to earth and take vengeance against those who had wronged him.
    Ghost rider though, is a damned soul condemned to hell who made a deal with the devil to come back to earth and take vengeance against those who had wronged him.

    Completely different burning skeleton head guys.

    Both are definitely Mephisto, though.

    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    PreacherkimeKanasee317
  • DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    DanHibiki wrote: »
    I got a question, is Mortal Kombat's Scorpion a Ghost Rider?

    He doesn't ride anything so far as I'm aware, so I'd say no.

    He's been known to.
    3ckhfpckcyeq.jpg

    TehSpectreAbsoluteZeroJoolander
  • SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    It's the Venom sequel. Going after those Deadpool bucks.

    DanHibikiamateurhourElvenshaeautono-wally, erotibot300BloodySlothTexiKenTicaldfjamKanaDiannaoChongAbsalonZilla360override367
  • DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    oh man, Woody chewing up the scenery as Carnage? That's gonna be great!

  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    I'm in day 1 on Carnage.

    I hope it's a home video release but I'll still see it.


    Arch wrote: »

    I never expected this burn from captain bushmeat
    Ticaldfjam
  • DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Zavian wrote: »
    Any buff guy in the suit. Peter Stormare as the voice.

    a buff Victor Von Doom goes against the whole point of the character

    he's a nerdy geek that got horribly disfigured and only eats what fits through his mouth vents
    4921562-swtoo1.jpg

    Moreover, Magneto has always been jacked in the comics, then the first X-Men movie cast Ian McKellan. I'm sure it's more about gravitas than bicep circumference.

    Steam|FFXIV|Switch SW-3472-4893-0802
    physi_marc
  • ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    Delzhand wrote: »
    Zavian wrote: »
    Any buff guy in the suit. Peter Stormare as the voice.

    a buff Victor Von Doom goes against the whole point of the character

    he's a nerdy geek that got horribly disfigured and only eats what fits through his mouth vents
    4921562-swtoo1.jpg

    Moreover, Magneto has always been jacked in the comics, then the first X-Men movie cast Ian McKellan. I'm sure it's more about gravitas than bicep circumference.

    pretty sure jacked Magneto was because of some crazy comic book shenanigans. the first X-Men movie stuck to the comics though by casting him as a frail holocaust survivor. Im sure they eventually would have gotten to comic book shit like coloning him and having John Cena be Joseph or some silly shit. I'm so glad Fox X-Men movies are over

  • SchadenfreudeSchadenfreude Mean Mister Mustard Registered User regular
    Magneto as a character was almost twenty years old before they tied him to the Holocaust - he was just a yoked up megalomaniac before then (who was turned into a baby and back again).

    Contemplate this on the Tree of Woe
    TexiKendurandal4532
  • SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Jacked magneto is on the cover of x-men 1963. Him being a jacked ubermensch is a pretty central feature of his character as far as I remember.

  • BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    It's the Venom sequel. Going after those Deadpool bucks.

    I'm 100% going to see this stupid shitty movie in theaters and I already hate myself for it

    amateurhourCptHamiltonZilla360
  • TexiKenTexiKen PPTenshi Registered User regular
    They got Al Capone to be in the movie as detective guy, that perked my interest.

    I wish it would be R because you won't be doing Carnage justice on PG-13.

  • DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    They got Al Capone to be in the movie as detective guy, that perked my interest.

    I wish it would be R because you won't be doing Carnage justice on PG-13.

    He looks so much like a young Russel Crowe in that trailer.

    TexiKenDiannaoChongscherbchen
  • TexiKenTexiKen PPTenshi Registered User regular
    DanHibiki wrote: »
    TexiKen wrote: »
    They got Al Capone to be in the movie as detective guy, that perked my interest.

    I wish it would be R because you won't be doing Carnage justice on PG-13.

    He looks so much like a young Russel Crowe in that trailer.

    I know, at any given point I was like "Izzat Gladiator? Or New Kid on the Block Wahlberg? Oh it's that aussie guy Joel Edgerton? No wait, Tom Hardy you sonuvabitch, is it actually Mayor Carcetti and they're making a Dark Knight Rises Bane meta joke with his casting?"

  • SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    It's the Venom sequel. Going after those Deadpool bucks.

    Fuck yeah, Stephen Graham!

    (For those who don't know, he's the guy about to get his head bitten off by long-neck Venom and he is one of England's very finest actors).

    ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular


    No idea, what's going on or what the story is, but it looks gorgeous. And isn't this a couple of years old? I remember a trailer some time ago.

    flamebroiledchickenCasual EddyPailryderKanajimb213Smaug6Zilla360FencingsaxNobeardcj iwakura
  • SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    COVID stopped it from coming out to theatres.

    steam_sig.png
    Backloggery. It's totally updated again, I swear!
    ElvenshaeFencingsaxCimmerii
  • DibbitDibbit Registered User regular
    TheBigEasy wrote: »


    No idea, what's going on or what the story is, but it looks gorgeous. And isn't this a couple of years old? I remember a trailer some time ago.

    Looks to be based on the Welsh / Arthurian legend of the Green knight.

    Basically, green knight comes to castle, challenges Arthur to a duel: "let's chop each others heads of."
    Gawain takes up the challenge, chops his head off, the green knights picks up his head and says: "in one year, you need to come to my castle, and I'll chop yours of"

    So, Gawain does so. Meets green knight and his SUPER HOT AND HORNY WIFE.
    3 times the wife tries to seduce him, 2 times it fails, third time he doesn't boink her, but accepts.. a gift.. or something (it's been a long time)

    Green knight comes to chop off Gawains head, but stops 2 times.
    The third time he merely knicks Gawains neck a bit and says "Yeah, she's super hot, so I can understand that you were tempted"

    And...end of story.

    BloodySlothdurandal4532GiantGeek2020
  • Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Spoilers, jeez
    :P

    [Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
    ElvenshaekimeShadowfireFencingsaxNobeardJoolanderDibbit
  • TexiKenTexiKen PPTenshi Registered User regular
    uh, not really a round table, izzit?

  • TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    Thanks dibbit.

    That movie looks dope though.

  • DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Dibbit wrote: »
    TheBigEasy wrote: »


    No idea, what's going on or what the story is, but it looks gorgeous. And isn't this a couple of years old? I remember a trailer some time ago.

    Looks to be based on the Welsh / Arthurian legend of the Green knight.

    Basically, green knight comes to castle, challenges Arthur to a duel: "let's chop each others heads of."
    Gawain takes up the challenge, chops his head off, the green knights picks up his head and says: "in one year, you need to come to my castle, and I'll chop yours of"

    So, Gawain does so. Meets green knight and his SUPER HOT AND HORNY WIFE.
    3 times the wife tries to seduce him, 2 times it fails, third time he doesn't boink her, but accepts.. a gift.. or something (it's been a long time)

    Green knight comes to chop off Gawains head, but stops 2 times.
    The third time he merely knicks Gawains neck a bit and says "Yeah, she's super hot, so I can understand that you were tempted"

    And...end of story.

    they hadn't really figured out the 3-act structure yet huh

    Steam|FFXIV|Switch SW-3472-4893-0802
    ElvenshaeFencingsaxRhesus Positivedurandal4532Nobeard
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular


    Looks interesting, Maggie Q was pretty decent at action in the Nikita reboot they did.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
    Zilla360
  • DibbitDibbit Registered User regular
    edited May 11
    Delzhand wrote: »
    Dibbit wrote: »
    TheBigEasy wrote: »


    No idea, what's going on or what the story is, but it looks gorgeous. And isn't this a couple of years old? I remember a trailer some time ago.

    Looks to be based on the Welsh / Arthurian legend of the Green knight.

    Basically, green knight comes to castle, challenges Arthur to a duel: "let's chop each others heads of."
    Gawain takes up the challenge, chops his head off, the green knights picks up his head and says: "in one year, you need to come to my castle, and I'll chop yours of"

    So, Gawain does so. Meets green knight and his SUPER HOT AND HORNY WIFE.
    3 times the wife tries to seduce him, 2 times it fails, third time he doesn't boink her, but accepts.. a gift.. or something (it's been a long time)

    Green knight comes to chop off Gawains head, but stops 2 times.
    The third time he merely knicks Gawains neck a bit and says "Yeah, she's super hot, so I can understand that you were tempted"

    And...end of story.

    they hadn't really figured out the 3-act structure yet huh

    I left out a whole bunch of cool stuff, like Morgan le Fey sending the Green knight over in an attempt to kill Guinevere, a cool axe that's magical, and some over the pants patting and kissing between our Sir Gawain and the hot lady. Sir Gawain has to give the Green knight everything he receives, so he also ends up with some hot knight-on-green-knight (kissing) action.
    Also, she has a girdle that makes you immume to having your head chopped of... pretty handy!

    But maybe the coolest thing in the story is that it has an unusual lesson. A lot of stories warn us about Hubris, or how to be loyal, or some ideal moral that you have to aspire to but that basically, no human could actually reach. But the adventures of sir Gawain tell us that...sometimes it's good enough just to try...

    Yeah, he fails, in everything:
    He's too overconfident and boisterous in accepting the challenge, he meant well, but it was stupid
    He's too horny to not completely say no to medieval nooky, but doesn't completely go for it.
    He breaks his word by not giving the "bridle of not getting killed" to the Green knight as he should.
    And he flinches and is afraid when he's about to be beheaded, and is thus a coward.

    But...he still wins, because he really tried. And sometimes, that's good enough.

    It's kind of a great moral, and not seen enough that yeah, sometimes the act of trying to be good...is enough, even if you fail.

    Dibbit on
    ElvenshaekimeBeyond NormalZilla360FencingsaxDizzy DRhesus PositiveGiantGeek2020Nobeard
  • BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    I just love the hook of the story where the green knight shows up with this weird contest of trading blows, and Gawain is like "yeah alright, try this winning strat, chump" and chops his head off, thinking boom, he's won

    and then the green knight picks up his fucking head and, to the horrified crowd, goes "interesting choice partner, see you in a year for your turn"

    thus follows a year of crisis on the part of our naive knight hero

    kimeDoodmannDibbitBeyond NormalZilla360ElvenshaeEtiowsaFencingsaxN1tSt4lkerRhesus PositiveGiantGeek2020NobeardJoolander
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    It looks really cool. The track record of King Arthur adaptations is not great tho

    Elvenshae
  • LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    Honestly I think the Guy Ritchie King Arthur was great, I was surprised given all the poor reviews.

  • DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    I just love the hook of the story where the green knight shows up with this weird contest of trading blows, and Gawain is like "yeah alright, try this winning strat, chump" and chops his head off, thinking boom, he's won

    and then the green knight picks up his fucking head and, to the horrified crowd, goes "interesting choice partner, see you in a year for your turn"

    thus follows a year of crisis on the part of our naive knight hero

    Yeah, you brought a gun to a knife fight, but the other guy is wearing kevlar and ALSO has a gun

    Steam|FFXIV|Switch SW-3472-4893-0802
    BloodySloth
  • JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular

    TehSpectreHarry Dresden
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    So it's like, The Road meets 28 Days Later now?

    nibXTE7.png
  • TenzytileTenzytile Registered User regular
    This is cool:



    A short feature by George A. Romero that went unreleased for nearly a half-century. Commissioned for a group of Lutherans on the topic of how society mistreats the elderly. They hated it, so Romero just moved on. Shudder's releasing it, and apparently it's a surreal, bleak film about elder abuse that fits in with the rest of his early work.

    Currently watching: 1962/unseen Criterions
    Shadowfiredurandal4532
  • TexiKenTexiKen PPTenshi Registered User regular
    Black Mirror 3.0 knockoff show Solos on Amazon, how could they film so much while huffing their own farts?!?!?! :




    Stillwater, Maaaaatt Damon and Little Miss Sunshine star in a movie that seems loosely based on Amanda Knox. Could be a decent streaming drama.



    "you sound very American right now."
    "Good. I am."

    That made me feel warm and classy inside.

  • AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    Taken but without the martial arts and special skills seems like he wouldn't get very far.

  • DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    Taken but without the martial arts and special skills seems like he wouldn't get very far.

    You're outmanned, you're outgunned, you're out equipped. What else have you got?

    Worf: Guile.

    AbsoluteZeroamateurhour
  • Mc zanyMc zany Registered User regular
    I fail to see how sonic booms will help Worf.

    BloodySlothEchoElvenshaePailryderdurandal4532ShadowfireamateurhourNobeard
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Mc zany wrote: »
    I fail to see how sonic booms will help Worf.

    Sure, but work with me here: Worf, but with an epic flattop.

    ElvenshaePailryderForarLoserForHireXDixondurandal4532ShadowfireGiantGeek2020
  • DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    Mc zany wrote: »
    I fail to see how sonic booms will help Worf.

    well if he had a sonic boom, maybe he wouldn't get his ass kicked on the reg.

Sign In or Register to comment.