As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

In a world, where [Trailers] are fun...

• Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    Mc zany wrote: »
    I fail to see how sonic booms will help Worf.

Everyone forgets the flash kick.

I mean air defense is the name of the game, we all know it. Worf gonna jump out of the enterprise and start flash kicking those romulan warbirds

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    Mc zany wrote: »
    I fail to see how sonic booms will help Worf.

Everyone forgets the flash kick.

I mean air defense is the name of the game, we all know it. Worf gonna jump out of the enterprise and start flash kicking those romulan warbirds

indeed:
    rogxbtvw92sy.jpg

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/2taOpeCidvs

In no one asked for this news, a gi joe prequel movie about snake eyes.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

Well, it was either that or...

9gc2820wrbg8.png

Actually, sign me up for that.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    I just like there was a sizzle "snake eyes is mysterious there's never been much on him." and that was like the point? Like stop explaining shit!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Nice try generic Ninja, but the real Snake Eyes wears a mask.

• Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    We already know Snake Eyes origin, I don't see why we need a movie for it.
    Snake Eyes was in Vietnam with Storm Shadow and Stalker. When he returned home, future Cobra Commander killed his wife in a car accident, Snake Eyes went to train with Storm Shadow's ninja clan. Zartan killed one of the masters, framing Storm Shadow for it. Snake Eyes joins GI Joe.

I may be misremembering details slightly. I'm pretty sure his major injuries were from Vietnam as well.

I'd be much more interested in how Cobra Commander goes from used car salesman to leader of a large terrorist organization and how he takes over an entire US town without anyone noticing.

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    edited May 2021
    It was
    His sister and parents die in a car crash while going to pick him up when he gets home from Vietnam. Hawk was sent to tell him at the airport and pick him up as a result. His real big facial injuries happen in one of his first Joe missions when he saves Scarlett from a crashing helicopter. He was injured in Vietnam, at the rail end of a LRRP only he, Storm Shadow and Stalker think they survive. Another solider does, and comes after them later, but they convince him to set aside revenge and move on with his life.

Commander starts off as a small time local lunatic who gets the town going under his leadership. Good ole Springfield.

Nosf on
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Hard pass, especially after the flop of MK '21.

And is this supposed to be a reboot for a new GI Joe franchise? Because it was pretty clear Snake Eyes was a white kid in Rise of Cobra.

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    a
    Tomanta wrote: »
    Snake Eyes was in Vietnam with Storm Shadow and Stalker. When he returned home, future Cobra Commander killed his wife in a car accident, Snake Eyes went to train with Storm Shadow's ninja clan. Zartan killed one of the masters, framing Storm Shadow for it. Snake Eyes joins GI Joe.

I may be misremembering details slightly. I'm pretty sure his major injuries were from Vietnam as well.

I'd be much more interested in how Cobra Commander goes from used car salesman to leader of a large terrorist organization and how he takes over an entire US town without anyone noticing.

Scientology and several not main stage religions own entire towns and noone cares
    because they're white
    . Trump rose to power from being a shitty real estate developer, it's not much of a stretch anymore.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    a

Scientology and several not main stage religions own entire towns and noone cares
    because they're white
    . Trump rose to power from being a shitty real estate developer, it's not much of a stretch anymore.

But do those towns have their own armies, complete with military grade hardware and tanks...

Oh shit.

• Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2021
    a

because they're white

I was taught recently by the PA forum, that Cobra is an real life analogue to Amyway and Erik Prince is literally Cobra Commander.

Ticaldfjam on
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »

And is this supposed to be a reboot for a new GI Joe franchise? Because it was pretty clear Snake Eyes was a white kid in Rise of Cobra.

Looks to be.
    They recast everyone, Samara Weaving is Scarlett. Pity Rachel Nicols was wasted in Rise of Cobra.

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited May 2021
    a

because they're white

But do those towns have their own armies, complete with military grade hardware and tanks...

Oh shit.

SeaOrg, the not navy. And yeah, when the firemen and police dont respond to your home because you are blacklisted from the religious leaders? they control the police, its a military style armed force with no rules of engagement.

edit: I always thought of Prince as Kane from Nod in C&C. Only thing wrong is Americans would love the shit out of biblical Kane the first murderer strongman and elect him.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2021

Looks to be.
    They recast everyone, Samara Weaving is Scarlett. Pity Rachel Nicols was wasted in Rise of Cobra.

Holy shit did I do a double take when Scarlett In, "Rise of Cobra", came out in that Dress . I was Like WHOA!

Also they wasted GJL as Cobra Commander.

At least Channing Tatum followed Dukes path
    Getting killed, just like he was supposed to In the original Draft of "GI Joe, the Animated Movie" when Serpentor threw his Snake through Duke's chest.

Ticaldfjam on
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

Wow, they're really cranking these Fast and Furious sequels out both fast and furious.
    Seriously, you drop a Vin Diesel cookout, a couple Coronas and a "Issabou fambly" in there, nobody would know the difference.

• Options
    see317 wrote: »

Wow, they're really cranking these Fast and Furious sequels out both fast and furious.
    Seriously, you drop a Vin Diesel cookout, a couple Coronas and a "Issabou fambly" in there, nobody would know the difference.

Mark my words, when the eventual , live Action, "Metal Gear Solid" comes out and makes bank, they are gonna Do a "Frank Yeager" prequel as well.

• Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular

On the other hand, that looks fun and I'll watch it.

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Ticaldfjam wrote: »

Looks to be.

Holy shit did I do a double take when Scarlett In, "Rise of Cobra", came out in that Dress . I was Like WHOA!

Are you thinking of Lady Jaye?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2fgTNyhs4w

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Ticaldfjam wrote: »

Looks to be.

Are you thinking of Lady Jaye?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2fgTNyhs4w

That's correct and thank you for the clarification that it Was Lady Jaye. My brain registered her as Scarlett and I thought she has red hair.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »
    Dude looks like he's in his mid-30s, it's really weird.

sig.gif
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    Meh he sold the emotions in the role well enough to win a Tony

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    NobeardNobeard North Carolina: Failed StateRegistered User regular
    The real origin of Snake Eyes is that the toymakers said "fuck it" and released a drab, completely unpainted and uncolored figure and called it a ninja. Just the laziest thing possible.

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHEPdMqrWjE

You know you wanted a dramatic movie about MOTHER FUCKING ICE ROADS! Which also has guns for some reason? Going to be honest I don't think you need an evil corporation subplot here.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Unfortunately, no one can be told what ice road truck'n is. You have to see it for yourself.

DanHibiki on
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    DanHibiki wrote: »
    Unfortunately, no one can be told what ice road truck'n is. You have to see it for yourself.

Is it... driving trucks on ice and roads covered in ice?

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHEPdMqrWjE

You know you wanted a dramatic movie about MOTHER FUCKING ICE ROADS! Which also has guns for some reason? Going to be honest I don't think you need an evil corporation subplot here.

Is this a Liam remake of Stallone's, "Cliffhanger", but on the road in big rigs?
    day one sir! Quick, someone signal the "Texican Alarm"

• Options
    edited May 2021
    DanHibiki wrote: »

Is it... driving trucks on ice and roads covered in ice?

There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path. Especially when it's an icy path.

DanHibiki on
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    That is some abysmally bad CGI

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Okay, but what if it was Dom and his crew hauling that pipe with ultra modified street racers...

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Okay, but what if it was Dom and his crew hauling that pipe with ultra modified street racers...

That actually sounds awesome

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Do muscle cars perform well in icy conditions?

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »

If you throw 2,000 lbs worth of NOS in the trunk you can go traction+++ and kill two birds with one stone.

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular

You just replace all the wheels with tracks.

• Options
    NobeardNobeard North Carolina: Failed StateRegistered User regular
    honovere wrote: »

I misread that as replace all the wheels with trucks and imagined one big muscle car with smaller trucks as it's wheels and I got confused.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    They already did that in Furious 7, they fought a submarine.

sig.gif
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »

That was 8

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Nobeard wrote: »
    honovere wrote: »

I misread that as replace all the wheels with trucks and imagined one big muscle car with smaller trucks as it's wheels and I got confused.

That sounds better, tbh.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »

That was 8

And they mention it in the new trailer even just to be like "no for real y'all, we went up against a nuclear submarine with voltron cars that dont actually turn into voltron and...

oh shit I know where fast 10 is going

are YOU on the beer list?
This discussion has been closed.