As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

In a world, where [Trailers] are fun...

• autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    this is a great trailer

LanlaornElvenshaekimeNobeardOmnomnomPancake
  • DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    I kept hoping for the Tracksuit Mafia to show up in the trailer and I may have squealed when they did.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
    ElvenshaeStempy
  • dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    maybe they'll use this to actually power up hawkeye so he can actually be useful against galactic powers

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    maybe they'll use this to actually power up hawkeye so he can actually be useful against galactic powers

Making Kate Hawkeye would be a great start.

SorceJoolanderDiannaoChongBlackDragon480
  • DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Hailee Steinfeld is perfect casting for Kate Bishop.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
    SorceJoolanderBlackDragon480
  • TexiKenTexiKen Exquisite Registered User regular
    That trailer was hard to follow, I need to wait for 20 trailer breakdowns and red arrows to tell me what I missed. It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year.....is a Christmas song?

I guess Cardellini wasn't available to be in the show? That's not classy.

Fencingsax
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    I Know What You Did Last Summer. Apparently this is more based on the original book than the 90s movie was.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    Sorce
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Finally the deep I know what you did last summer lore can be fully explored.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
    AridholkimeFencingsaxTicaldfjamEtiowsaKoopahTroopahNaphtaliRhesus PositiveN1tSt4lkerElvenshaeNobeardSorceoverride367LoserForHireXBlackDragon480Seal
  • TexiKenTexiKen Exquisite Registered User regular
    it's a series? So will it be the fisherman's wife or whoever shows up out of nowhere with no real connection to the story?

PreacherFencingsaxKoopahTroopah
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Actually if you read the book the real killer was the friends we made along the way, and cancer. Always cancer doing its thing like a motherfucker.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
    TicaldfjamBeyond NormalNaphtaliGiantGeek2020ElvenshaeTrajan45
  • ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular

DanHibiki
  • SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »
    I Know What You Did Last Summer. Apparently this is more based on the original book than the 90s movie was.

Bizarre trailer, tonally...

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    Zavian wrote: »

How many souls did Del Toro have to harvest to get that cast?

Cristoval
  • CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    Is it beast, or is it man? Is it human, or is it dancer?

• autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    This cast would make an EXCELLENT BioShock movie.

steam_sig.png
    Backloggery. It's totally updated again, I swear!
    ElvenshaeJayrichocj iwakuraBlackDragon480FencingsaxGilgaronAridholForarDrezHavelock2.0
  • override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited September 17

Do you think people reacted to 'the crucible' like this? It's a fine line trying to do what that did..

Edit: This is also trying to 'xmen' up refugees, which is a really dated way to go about this. They are people, not magical entities, and its clear the film is trying to show that, but yikes.

Refugees continue to struggle in our world so I don't see why using this analogy is obsolete. That they are, but I think the problem with this stance is not about them being magical its the witches being metaphors for any peoples. 'The Crucible' is not this, the trailer made that very clear.

Because "Refugees are dangerous monsters" is literally the line that our last president pushed, it's why I personally hate hollywood casting... dangerous superpowered beings as refugees - yeah of course in the movie the enforcement agency is going to be ludicrously over the top, mysogonistic, completely corrupt, evil, and utterly lacking in humanity - but I also bet that there will be examples in universe of witches causing massive amounts of death, and it will show us witches using their magical powers to kill armed men with ease

I hate it just like I hate True Blood's vampires being a LGBTQ analog, the gays aren't going to eat your children and refugees aren't going to rip bridges up with magical terrorism

like.... are we trying to imply that some refugees are dangerous terrorists here, but that we shouldn't hold that against the rest of them? Because refugees (in America) are not and haven't really ever been a vector for terrorism

override367 on
  • ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular

JusticeforPlutokimeKruite

TexiKenkimePreacherNobeardJusticeforPlutoautono-wally, erotibot300Kruite
  • see317see317 Registered User regular

This time, Wilson is a robot!

ZavianElvenshaeSiliconStewDanHibikiNobeardTrajan45
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    While not a trailer, I love this little clip of early audience reactions from 1995 for Golden Eye:

*tweeter is a rando, but one of the last people giving a reaction in the clip is just a wee bit familiar*

First they came for the Muslims and we said...NOT TODAY MOTHERFUCKERS!
    ElvenshaeTexiKenwebguy20FencingsaxNobeardcj iwakuraTicaldfjamSorceautono-wally, erotibot300Doctor DetroitKruiteBloodySlothJoolanderTrajan45KoopahTroopahDoctorArchJayrichoDark Raven X
  • dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    Does Tom Hanks play the dog too? Incredible

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular

he plays with the dog

The man's got range.
    Nothing more needs to be said.

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular

Meanwhile, Gary Oldman is playing its left neuticle.

NobeardTicaldfjam
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited September 21
    New Batmans

Edit: Its fake apparently

nexuscrawler on
    autono-wally, erotibot300Sorce
  • AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    edited September 21
    That says it came out two days ago? Why hasn't a big deal been made about it.

It's a pretty poor trailer compared to the original. The music in the first one and that punctuation with Batman just wailing on that one guy made it. This was like super generic cheap music over a lot of scenes we've already seen but in a shortened, less interesting context.

Though that one guy talking about fear makes me wonder if Scarecrow is in this as well.

AlphaRomero on
  • Mc zanyMc zany Registered User regular
    It's a fake

Handsome Costanza
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    The real second Batman trailer:

TicaldfjamBlackDragon480FencingsaxKoopahTroopah
  • Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular

I hate how this trailer gives away the big spoiler for the movie.

Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
    Sorce
    So it is. Can't believe I fell for that one.

• Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited September 21
    At first I thought, "man they re-used a ton of shots from the first teaser for this one", and then I realized that they were ALL from the teaser (with what looked like some shots from the 3rd Nolan film thrown in? Hard to tell). It was pretty well polished otherwise so I can understand being fooled by it at first.

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular

A lethal cocktail of ice

Truly a trailer for the ages.

Doctor DetroitTrajan45
  • LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    Joel (sans Ethan) Coen doing Macbeth with Denzel Washington and Frances McDormand.

PailryderKanacj iwakuraDoctor Detroit

I love how it very deliberately shows all the cock and ass shots

BlackDragon480Harry DresdenDoctor Detroit

• BogartBogart Gonna Be A Man In Motion Registered User, Moderator mod
    Very much looking forward to Denzel doing MacBeth.

TicaldfjamElvenshaeFencingsaxDoctor Detroit

The bat nipples?
    The bad puns?
    Alicia Silverstone in skin tight bat-pants?

What spoiler in particular?

see317 wrote: »

Alicia Silverstone in skin tight bat-pants?

...I'll be in my bunk

TicaldfjamDanHibiki