As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

In a world, where [Trailers] are fun...

• Options
    Disco11Disco11 Registered User regular
    The amount of fake trailers on youtube is annoying.

PSN: Canadian_llama
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    Zavian wrote: »

Is Paul Heyman in this
    Also one of the options should be to leave and come back on a day that's not WrestleMania where you might actually have a chance against the taker

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    God damn that dudes gotten old.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    dlinfiniti wrote: »

Is Paul Heyman in this
    Also one of the options should be to leave and come back on a day that's not WrestleMania where you might actually have a chance against the taker

Man I thought that was Don Stroud (the sheriff Dr. King Shultz kills in DJango)

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    West Side Story

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fV29mRxIO6I

Still don't care, too much oscar bait and lack of dabs. Beat It was a better interpretation of musical gang war.

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    Because "Refugees are dangerous monsters" is literally the line that our last president pushed, it's why I personally hate hollywood casting... dangerous superpowered beings as refugees - yeah of course in the movie the enforcement agency is going to be ludicrously over the top, mysogonistic, completely corrupt, evil, and utterly lacking in humanity - but I also bet that there will be examples in universe of witches causing massive amounts of death, and it will show us witches using their magical powers to kill armed men with ease

It's not Hollywood, that's fiction. Metaphors are abundant and not strictly for the reasons you think. If you, and I, believe that's how the opposition to the witches whats the problem? Trump would be siding with them. That won't make all witches evil by association, you're over thinking this. Right wing propaganda wouldn't be giving the witches sympathy, it'd make them invincible monsters the hunters should put down.
    I hate it just like I hate True Blood's vampires being a LGBTQ analog, the gays aren't going to eat your children and refugees aren't going to rip bridges up with magical terrorism

The trailer does none of that for the witches.
    like.... are we trying to imply that some refugees are dangerous terrorists here, but that we shouldn't hold that against the rest of them? Because refugees (in America) are not and haven't really ever been a vector for terrorism

The trailer framed the witches as being a vulnerable minority being hunted for no reason other than bigotry and deserve our sympathy. It wasn't pro-witch hunters.

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Looks perfectly fine, I’m expecting The Rookie vibes especially with Quaid showing up too. Warner had a very good story and was always likable, and I swear after I saw Chuck, and then Casey, his wife was actually gonna be Sarah but it turned out to be Rogue.

Plus I appreciate Levi still basically using the role to maintain his Shazam build between movies.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    The real second Batman trailer:

I hate how this trailer gives away the big spoiler for the movie.

The bat nipples?
    The bad puns?
    Alicia Silverstone in skin tight bat-pants?

What spoiler in particular?
    Alicia as Batgirl; she only comes in at the end.

sig.gif
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular

Not sure how I feel about a WWE FMV game.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Sorce wrote: »
    see317 wrote: »
    The real second Batman trailer:

I hate how this trailer gives away the big spoiler for the movie.

The bat nipples?
    The bad puns?
    Alicia Silverstone in skin tight bat-pants?

What spoiler in particular?
    Alicia as Batgirl; she only comes in at the end.

I don't think anyone cared, and who wouldn't want to know Alicia Silverstone is Batgirl? That movie got me interested on her involvement by itself. I was only disappointed how she was portrayed in the movie and I'm not blaming Silverstone.

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    West Side Story

Still don't care, too much oscar bait and lack of dabs. Beat It was a better interpretation of musical gang war.

Look, I'll watch it, but only because Ansel Elgort has this weird charisma with his weird face

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular

OK this seems pretty fun but I can't believe this is a series and not a Christmas movie

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited September 2021
    West Side Story

If you want a phenomenal homage to West Side Story, check this out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=us9F9MfQ5Co

I want to see more of(re: any) musical numbers, but the presentation and choreography looks on point. That shot of all the dancers rushing past each other in opposing directions is straight out of the original.

iSMdMFs.gif

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »

OK this seems pretty fun but I can't believe this is a series and not a Christmas movie

It's a Christmas series!

bxmdv7wfls3a.jpg

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited September 2021
    That cast has me intrigued, and the thumbnail for the trailer may be the first time I've ever seen a mustache so anxious it appears to be pissing itself.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options

This feels more giallo inspired than Malignant.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options

The twist will be she's the girl who drowned and she's in purgatory.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNu-G-rd4H4

Looks like Collateral with two vampire women instead of Tom Cruise... yeah, okay I'm in.

• Options
    because there arent enough vampire movies apparently
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8QGLSCGTSE

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    That looks sick. Will have to check that out.

• Options
    Looks interesting, and it being Taiwan means it doesn't have to beat around any bushes with restrictions. Kind of shows its hand too much with the "sun doesn't hurt us" reveal but that at least makes it stand out. I am hoping for something like Thirst, actually cringed when I saw the text from a person say its "Crazy Rich Asians with fangs." Like damn yo that made dunkey's new video about originality and reviewers saying everything is previous thing hit even harder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOQzTtsr3AQ

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    That looks sick. Will have to check that out.

You can't say 'chinese vampire' and then not have any hopping

Looks interesting, and it being Taiwan means it doesn't have to beat around any bushes with restrictions. Kind of shows its hand too much with the "sun doesn't hurt us" reveal but that at least makes it stand out. I am hoping for something like Thirst, actually cringed when I saw the text from a person say its "Crazy Rich Asians with fangs." Like damn yo that made dunkey's new video about originality and reviewers saying everything is previous thing hit even harder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOQzTtsr3AQ

Giant Bomb talked about this recently, and its basically because gaming is too wide a net to talk about the game anymore, you kind of have to say what it is like, or what it is a combination of, to get the idea across to people what is going on. It's in place where just having simple genre columns that things fit into doesnt work anymore. Another factor is that our current media is so heavily built around sequels and nostolgia that you want to stir those emotions when speaking about the new product to pull people in.

Also noone cares about editorial anymore, its a lawless land of companies just paying streamers to say what they tell them, and the lowest bar for traditionally untrained personalities is going to fall back on cliches. I think Deathloop recently has put a spotlight on this. It utilizes a timeloop mechanic, but really in a harder to describe structure to interact with, and its causing problems in that side of the industry.

Edit: some of the games in that trailer are almost literal knockoffs,in which... well yeah theres always trends in the industry. a lot of games crib fortnite and breath of the wild right now. The season of Left 4 Dead games is starting to arrive, not sure what kicked that off but like 9 of them are coming out in the period of last year to next year.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    "Crazy rich Asians with fangs" - you got me.

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    I dont know why (I think some Netflix event?) but theres a ton of new trailers today! here's Army of Thieves
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EpYyGpS7ic

• Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular

Conspicuous lack of Ed.

Also somewhat disappointed they seem to be rehashing episodes of the anime instead of doing new stories, if that opening is anything to go by.

Looks pretty rad otherwise.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited September 2021

Seems like a lot of work to summon death.
    if they had done their research properly, they would have realized all you need are a few cc's of mouse blood and a small handful of sticks.
    Meh, that's probably why things went wrong for them.

see317 on
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    I still can't believe Snyder sold Netflix on ANOTHER 2.5 hour zombie movie about bank robbers.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Arcane (a League of Legends joint)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXmAurh012s

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
This discussion has been closed.