As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

In a world, where [Trailers] are fun...

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    oh shit, is this based on that Taiwanese(?) game?

Seems super familiar

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    oh shit, is this based on that Taiwanese(?) game?

Seems super familiar

yep! it's based on the Detention game that caused some controversy I believe a few years ago

• Options
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Zavian wrote: »

To this I go WHYYYYYY

Like rocky 4 is long enough 40 extra minutes of it is way way too fucking much.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Rocky IV was the best Rocky, but make it a limited run or rental, I don't like those one night only events.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2021
    Rider... jump!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdxFwUqKc-A
    (Hideaki Anno's Kamen Rider

This is already on Netflix, is this something else?

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    I must break you.

• Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    edited October 2021
    Preacher wrote: »

To this I go WHYYYYYY

Is this the, "Russia Rocky 4 cut" that, "Family Guy" told us about?

Ticaldfjam on
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Rider... jump!

(Hideaki Anno's Kamen Rider
    snip

This is already on Netflix, is this something else?

Netflix has a TV series, this is the movie; I believe the Netflix Series is a sequel to the game/movie

Zavian on
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    All I remember is immediately after announcing it, people asked if there would be more robot, Stallone said he cut the robot completely and people got out pitchforks. So I am curious what happens.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    It's all just 40 extra minutes of montage. Not different montages, just the one montage.

For forty. Extra. Minutes.

• Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular

To this I go WHYYYYYY

an extra 40 minutes isn't going to kill you....

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    dlinfiniti wrote: »

To this I go WHYYYYYY

If he dies, he dies.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    dlinfiniti wrote: »

To this I go WHYYYYYY

If he dies, he dies.

FOR FORTY MINUTES.

• Options
    Kipling217Kipling217 Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Rocky IV was the best Rocky, but make it a limited run or rental, I don't like those one night only events.

Just for the record is see the Creed movies as a separate series.

Rocky 1 is about a loser that gets one shot at a champ. All time classic sports movie. The ending is one of the best because even though Rocky lost, you get the victory of going the distance and using the shot to make a better life for himself.
    Rocky 2 is Rocky one but with the "Happy Ending" of Rocky winning because can't have the hero lose in a sport movie no matter how much it made the first one great.
    Rocky 3 is what happens when the Champ loses and if he can rise again to the top. Its what two should have been. It shows the other side of winning; that you destroy another champion.
    Rocky 4 is just a generic sports movie carried by the performance and charisma of Stallone, Lundgren and Weathers. I mean I get why people like it, but the story is ridiculous and dated and by embracing the silly can you watch it.
    Rocky 5 is an insult to the entire franchise and boxing in general. nuff said.
    Rocky 6 is how the champ struggling to remain relevant once his glory days are definitively over.

So to me the Best Rocky's are in order: 1, 3, 6, 4, 2 and 5. You only need to watch 1. You can watch the rest, but know that you have already watched the best.

Kipling217 on
    The sky was full of stars, every star an exploding ship. One of ours.
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Rocky 4 is what people think the Rocky movies are, because they never actually watched the first movie. Just like people remember first blood part 2 or rambo 3 and forget Rambo 1 was about a veteran with PTSD being picked on by a callous town and snapping.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    new Chucky TV series trailer, seems it's treating all the prior movies as canon
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr3RjN-fQ4Q

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    I'm down for more Child's Play but it's like Tremors where I wish they'd pick a timeline and stick to it. Same with Critters.

Like either reboot it or remake it, but don't do both at the same time because the movie that came out recently wasn't bad and adjusted well for modern technology.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    A Netflix animated show that doesn't look terrible? Like, not amazing, but not instant dumpster fire.

https://youtu.be/-aZBIpZY_Fw

• Options
    Only problem is that we're dealing with conspiracy nuts intent on proving that conspiracy nuts are not a joke.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    This trailer played before Venom 2 and my god I gotta see this
    https://youtu.be/hnEwJKVWjFM

• Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    A24 and/or reviewers have promised me major spooks and chills from movies like that (Hereditary, Midsommar, The Lighthouse, the VVitch). But those movies were not scary for one second, unless you are shook by watching miserable-looking Caucasians becoming increasingly unhinged and screamy for some reason.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNwwt25mheo

Cautiously optimistic. We're getting The Dance of the Dragons out of this, right?

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Absalon wrote: »
    A24 and/or reviewers have promised me major spooks and chills from movies like that (Hereditary, Midsommar, The Lighthouse, the VVitch). But those movies were not scary for one second, unless you are shook by watching miserable-looking Caucasians becoming increasingly unhinged and screamy for some reason.

I don't think it's fair to lump The Lighthouse into that group, it's a much better movie than the rest

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    It's all just 40 extra minutes of montage. Not different montages, just the one montage.

I've heard rumors that they also removed the robot butler.
    So, you'll get a few minutes back for that.

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular

It this is the montage music, I could manage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEpXxV8hRfo

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular

I will..

I will probably pass on that. That terror is not something I want :D

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    edited October 2021

It mentions Greece in passing and I wonder are there an big budget movies that feature the partisan war there or the special forces that were active there? Or doesn't it make for a good story how the allies let the fascists right back in and let the partisans hang out to dry?

Hmmm, guns of navarone maybe, although I don't remember much connections to the partisans in there. Been a while though

honovere on
  • Options
    NobeardNobeard North Carolina: Failed StateRegistered User regular

https://youtu.be/XiJLyohHlRY

First thing that came to mind.

• Options
    BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular

I don't think it's fair to lump The Lighthouse into that group, it's a much better movie than the rest

The Lighthouse didn't really express an interest in being a horror movie, but movie marketing always seems to try to find a bucket to plunk something in, to make for more digestible trailers and tidbits, and horror was the one that was the closest shape for trailers and whatnot.

Anyway all those movies are great

• Options
    flamebroiledchickenflamebroiledchicken Registered User regular

I think all those movies are good? The Witch in particular is one of my favorite horror movies of the past few years. But I do think it's fair to say they are all more interested in atmosphere and slowly creeping dread than scares.

y59kydgzuja4.png
  • Options
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    whaaaat hereditary, the witch, and midsommar were all great horror movies

• Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    Nobeard wrote: »

Is "Lamb", supposed to be about Satan?

Just asking for some "crazy ass Christian church friends."

• Options
    Smaug6Smaug6 Registered User regular
    Thats not a trailer, this is a trailer

https://youtu.be/Wfndmy-6e28

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular

I don't know what I just watched but I'm into it.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Ticaldfjam wrote: »
    Nobeard wrote: »

Is "Lamb", supposed to be about Satan?

Just asking for some "crazy ass Christian church friends."

How many times is Satan referred to as "Lamb" in the bible? Or the apocrypha. Or the assorted bible adjacent books that didn't quite make it into the King James personal version?

Clearly, Lamb is about the reincarnation of Christ as a mutant lamb person who is persecuted by family and the government before being executed for everyone's sins.

This discussion has been closed.