As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

🖥️🎮 - Per Aspera, Nine Witches, Haven, Phogs, Morbid & El Hijo out today!

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i can assure you that they don't need an excuse to call a woman a fake gamer

liEt3nH.png
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
  • H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Omar's computer would beat the shit out of my computer

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    captaink wrote: »

THAT SHE PAID FOR WITH MY TAX DOLLARS!!!!!

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    "Send Her Back... TO CONGRESS!"

Basically "lol u mad?" as a campaign slogan. Fantastic.

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    The first person to kill AOC was a dark horse.
    It was hbomberguy and he'd just joined starting that game. He snapped her neck with a quickness.

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    @webguy20 the first build is done, kinda combod your idea with a color challenge that will be apparent. Some finangling because only used basic set.

Question for you and other Coasters. I thought I could save paths to a blueprint now? But can't figure out how

edit: Here is the no paths version of the blueprint. I was stuck building on lowest settings, so I'll let you screenshot, hopefully some detail reappears when you do rofl
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2263575876

edit2: added a picture on that for what the path's/benches were that I couldn't save

WiseManTobes on
    Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Actually one of the grenades in 2016 was an orb that stole health from enemies and healed you, it was super useful! but no one used it!
    This is the key difference between Eternal in 2016 IMO, instead of removing or reworking everything that didn't work, they made way more shit but made them ALL useful. Outside of maybe the minigun I think every weapon and ability are super useful and make a very satisfying loop with a lot of options. The only things I think you could actually cut from Eternal that wouldn't make the game way worse or require a massive rework would be the Unmaykr (why use this instead of the BFG lol, just make it a BFG upgrade that increases fire rate or splash radius) and the Crucible (all it's for is deleting Archviles and Tyrants, other than that it's not worth using on anything else and you get it way too late in the game). I'm excited when I get to run around, doing all this shit in my head, thinking about when I'll need to swap, if I should save my freeze bomb for that group or just use it to burn down a Hell Knight, etc. I like the complexity. Compared to 2016 (which I still think is a great game, don't get me wrong), all I needed to do in that game is swap between the super shotgun and the gauss rifle and that's it, no need to use anything else. This is why I never agreed with the idea that Eternal over-complicated the 2016 loop, because there really wasn't one to begin with.
    Maddoc wrote: »
    I liked shooting demons in Doom

I didn't need every demon to be some kind of ornate puzzle box

You can just shoot them! The super shotgun and rockets are basically 100% designed as a shortcut around these weaknesses, just point and click and the enemy dies. The weaknesses (outside of maybe Pinky front armor and Doom Hunter weak spot) are things that are options, the game presents you with this info as if it's #1 A+ mega important but you can just shoot guys with anything and they die just like in 2016, honestly the way the game over-tutorializes everything as soon as you get a new enemy or weapon is one of my biggest complaints. Hell, they teach you a bad strategy for the Marauders, which I have seen causing a lot of people issues with them, or stunning Hell/Dread Knights with the minigun that drains all your ammo and takes longer than just using any other gun.

Sorry for being the Doom Eternal Defender, just wanted to get some thoughts out.

The difference between you and I is that I don't want to have to switch weapons constantly and use every ability at every opportunity. I just want to run around and shoot demons the way I choose. I can't do that in Eternal.

I have other complaints (most of the new enemies aren't fun, the cutscenes blow, the story is way up its own butt, and the UI is trash visually AND aurally), but that's my main complaint. I don't want the game forcing me to play in a hyper specific manner.

• Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    Dang that AOC stream was amazing. fucking hbomberguy showed up and this guy with the deepest voice ever just sherlock holmesd and the whole thing was a pleasure to watch.

• A Half Eaten OreoA Half Eaten Oreo Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Dang that AOC stream was amazing. fucking hbomberguy showed up and this guy with the deepest voice ever just sherlock holmesd and the whole thing was a pleasure to watch.

CorpseHusband has the best streamer voice.

A Half Eaten Oreo on
  • ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    id software you cowards, collaborate with bungie and put the Fourth Horseman in Doom Infinite Lasting Forever

Fixed

Children's rights are human rights.
  • ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    The doom dlc is a lot harder than the campaign, I’d say play it on normal or even easy, anything higher first go around is just asking to get frustrated

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Elaro wrote: »
    id software you cowards, collaborate with bungie and put the Fourth Horseman in Doom Infinite Lasting Forever

Fixed

They aren't Capcom making SF, here, mang ...

• ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Elaro wrote: »

Fixed

They aren't Capcom making SF, here, mang ...

Damnit! Read the initials!

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    DUSK is fucking good. Easily worth the Humble Bundle price

https://youtu.be/KiuC1DcgIMo

• Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    I played some Phasmophobia with friends

and folks, I got me some spooks!

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    So i finished G String and it certainly goes places

it's probably my game of the year of 2005

• GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    I like to imagine the NZ government plans to seize all the billionaire survival compounds and turn them into cockroach farms or whatever ghoulish fare we'll all be enjoying in the future if we're lucky
    I wish.

Peter Thiel is a New Zealander. He's kiwi as.

• PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I finished Doom Eternal: Ancient Gods Part One.

I don't like it very much, but it might be worth looking up the ending.
    You resurrect The Dark Lord (so you can kill him for real) and he turns out to be an evil version of the Doomguy.

I don't see how this makes any sense with all the lore stuff, but it's dumb enough that I'm into it.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular

Now try a solo haunt

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »

Now try a solo haunt

do not unless you like sitting in poop

DUSK is fucking good. Easily worth the Humble Bundle price

https://youtu.be/KiuC1DcgIMo

dusk is so goddamn cool

• cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    Is G String good? I would love to play a decent story FPS

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Good might be strong or not strong enough depending on your affection for elaborate Half Life 2 mods

My affection for that sort of thing is up there with food and air so I think it is good

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
    edited October 2020
    wait wtf you like food and air

disgusting

Magic Pink on
  • Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    cursedking wrote: »
    Is G String good? I would love to play a decent story FPS

G String is Half life 2 but dystopian cyberpunk and with more amateur level/encounter design that either is frustrating as shit with not knowing where to progress or an addition to the atmosphere feeling claustrophobic and oppressive.

Which of those you think you are probably answers whether you'll like it.

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    ScourgeBringer is a fast-paced free-moving roguelite platformer. Help Kyhra to explore the unknown and slash her way through ancient machines guarding the seal of her past, and maybe the redemption of humanity.
    20201021 scourge bringer (Roguelite, Action, Adventure, Fast)

• milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    I liked Doom Eternal well enough, but the problem I had with it is that it felt like the video game equivalent of a bricked album mixed to max volume all the time.

Every time Doom Eternal adds something, that thing is added to every major fight forever. Every fight, it's expected that you use basically every tool and play almost the same way, because every fight is kind of the same. There's no high and low intensity, no fights where you fight a couple of enemies and use some of the systems to highlight how crazy the fights you use every system and fight every enemy really are.

I ate an engineer
    A tense multiplayer FPS set in the brutal, bloody trenches of WW1. In battles up to 50v50, players will be immersed in cinematic environments that convey the desperate & brutal circumstances of the Great War. Features an authentic arsenal & a unique melee combat system. But I'm a champion, so I turned tragedy to triumph Make music that's fire, spit my soul beyond the wire
    20201021 Beyond the Wire (Multiplayer, First person, WW1, Trenches)

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Lalabox wrote: »
    So i finished G String and it certainly goes places

it's probably my game of the year of 2005

Well shit I'm gonna have to play it after all then. Damn it. I was hoping you'd say it a janky, unfinished mess after the start or something.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    This time I am not going to repeat the mistake I made and buy it in Early Access only to never play the full release because I'd gotten my fill already.

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I assume that Darkest Dungeon 2 will go the Spelunky route and increase the difficulty of their already utterly befucked videogame for the sequel

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Darkest Dungeon definitely felt like a game in which the devs were actively hostile to successful strategies and where the Extreme Hardcore fans got catered to exclusively the more EA went on.

I ate an engineer
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I won't make the mistake of buying Early Access because I don't want to get to like a game that they turn into a game that I don't like as much over time

i don't know why you casuals think you "deserve" fun or entertainment from your video games

• TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    I enjoyed DD as it existed when it was first released, but every update felt like it was laser-focused on destroying my interest in the game.

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I restarted Dishonored again because I decided I didn't like my abilities build, and redoing missions is quick when you know where everything is. And I noticed something different in the High Overseer mission this time.
    There's 3 overseers talking in a bunkhouse and one is sick. When I played it last time the other two were accusing him of having plague and he was denying it and asking for mercy, and they murdered him. This time they were downplaying his sickness and he was asking them to kill him so he wouldn't make anyone else sick.

I didn't realise anything changed on different playthroughs except for the random bone charm drops so that was interesting.

• ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    i don't know why you casuals think you "deserve" fun or entertainment from your video games

Misery is high art.

This discussion has been closed.