As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

🖥️🎮 - Per Aspera, Nine Witches, Haven, Phogs, Morbid & El Hijo out today!

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    mechanically Tyranny is kind of hard to get excited about but I adored the setting, plot hooks, and characters

it's probably my favorite of that style of RPG, except planescape: torment

given that Paradox owns the IP, it would actually be really cool to see what a grand strategy game based in the Tyranny setting could be like

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Wasn't sure if you were talking about Team Fortress 2 or Titanfall 2, until I remembered Titanfall 2 is only 4 years old.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    Hey, so Limited Run is doing a physical release of the Monkey Island series! I like Monkey Island! Maybe I'll pick it up.

Well, it's only a collectors edition, and it's a hundred and seventy five smackers

sig.gif
  • Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Since I've been playing Elite again, I finally decided to unlock one of the engineers. Felicity Farseer wanted a unit of meta-alloys, something you (mostly) can't just go and buy.

So instead I scoured forums and got a hot tip that was only eight months old. Better still, the system was only a hair over 300 Ly from my home system.

I stored my Type-9 Heavy, Semi-Flying Tomb and dusted off the ship that took me out to my current home, my Asp Explorer All You Need Is Kill. She was outfitted for mining, but a few modifications here and there, notably including stuffing a surface reconnaissance vehicle in her belly, and I was ready to jump out into the black.

The route was shockingly easy, with a good number of fuel stars, all made easier with an episode of a podcast. The AspX doesn't have the biggest fuel tank, so I did have to make more stops than I'd prefer, but no big deal. Once I arrived at the proper star, a tertiary system, I just had to find the right planet and scan it for Thargoid barnacles. My first choice was a no go, but I was able to locate a rocky world with several of them. A quick flight down through the thin atmosphere, accompanied beautifully by dawn breaking as I touched down, and I was where I needed to be.

Launched my SRV, remembered the buttons to control the thing, and I lasered my way to not one but two units of weird alien living metal. The place was eerie as can be, and I've heard that sometimes if you stick around too long the Thargoids will show up. I'm hardly outfitted for heavy combat, much less with xenos, so I docked my buggy and hightailed it out of there.

Another tidy 17 jumps to Farseer's system. I give her her weird alien stuff and she's happy as can be, and even allows me the privilege of modding my thrusters and FTL capability. I'll probably have to come back out here on the Tomb and get her modded too, but plenty of time to do that later.

Not exactly a profitable venture as far as things go, but I finally got something checked off the old list.

• Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    SharpyVII wrote: »
    https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-12-03-casey-hudson-and-mark-darrah-announce-departure-from-bioware
    In a new post announcing his retirement from the position of general manager at BioWare in order to "make way for the next generation of studio leaders", Casey wrote, "It's not an easy decision to make, and big changes like this always come with a certain degree of sadness."

Mark Darrah - who has served as executive producer on all BioWare's mainline Dragon Age games - offered similar sentiments in his own departure post, writing that his decision to retire from his position at BioWare was a "very difficult" one.

I know Bioware hasn't been on top of its game recently but is there anyone left from the original team?

I don't think so, no. Stewardship over Bioware's current big stuff has been passed to the poor fool in Austin who was tasked with un-fucking Anthem, precisely because there's no more senior management to take the reins of this stuff anymore.

~Bioware Magic~

ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    This is also the second time that Casey has retired from BioWare; first time being post-ME3.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited December 2020

The trailer got removed but it's real
    Strikers is the direct sequel to Persona 5, it's a Warriors/Musou game with the cast of P5 buit with tons of Persona gameplay elements (a large focus on story with lots of dialogue, Personas you can capture and equip for tons of different abilities, an elemental weakness/affinity system, and more)

EDIT: Mirror
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGqsYkJ42-Q&feature=youtu.be

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Peas wrote: »

I wonder if this means anything

A New Chapter - Bokeh Game Studio 2:08
    https://youtu.be/YSkdD6S-YRE

It means I’m gonna be paying attention to that studio for a while

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    Having a release for PC but not P5/R is a real choice, but Atlus.

Baby steps.

• Options
    Zxerol wrote: »
    Having a release for PC but not P5/R is a real choice, but Atlus.

Baby steps.

they put the sequel on Switch and PC, two platforms that don't have the original game lmao

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Divinity 2 update:

All Magisters Are Bastards.

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »

Strikers is the direct sequel to Persona 5, it's a Warriors/Musou game with the cast of P5 buit with tons of Persona gameplay elements (a large focus on story with lots of dialogue, Personas you can capture and equip for tons of different abilities, an elemental weakness/affinity system, and more)

Oh. When I saw the name I was hoping it was this, but with Persona 5 characters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBinxNwAN5s

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Mario Strikers was far, far too awesome an AU to burn on just a pretty decent arcadey soccer game.

milski on
    I ate an engineer
  • Options
    David_T wrote: »
    Crippl3 wrote: »

Oh. When I saw the name I was hoping it was this, but with Persona 5 characters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBinxNwAN5s

The Japanese title is Persona 5 Scramble, which I like more

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    I don't know why CDPR are supposed to embody a certain cyberpunk ethos just because they made a cyberpunk game. I don't recall people complaining that they weren't behaving enough like Witchers whenever they released a Witcher game.

It's not CDPR but R. Taslorian (the guys behind CP2020 and the new Witcher TTRPG) actually did go far too much into Witcher.

Specifically Cody, Mike Pondsmiths' son who was one of the writers of the Witcher TTRPG:
    What you may not know is that, being the crazy person I am, I’ve tested a lot of the stranger parts of this system and the world. Now that may seem normal. You may be thinking, “Well, duh... That’s your job.” No, not exactly. I tested the mechanical systems of course. That is my job. But I’ve also do a number of strange personal tests on my own. I’ve always felt you can get the best feel for something by doing it yourself. So to that end I’ve done a lot of strange tests to see how feasible certain things would be. I’ve practiced firing multiple arrows from the same bow, half swording techniques and gone out of my way to spar with every weapon I could get my hands on just to make sure I could at least kinda describe what it was like. Probably the craziest thing I did on this project was creating Witcher Oils and Decoctions. I spent, probably, too many hours researching the best equivalent of Mutagens and wandering around my local market picking out pork liver. Luckily, with the exception of monster parts and certain plants you can find analogs for a lot of the ingredients listed in the Witcher video games. Long story short, yes indeed the decoctions and potions Geralt drinks are just as foul as they’re described in the novels... Trust me...

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    I played some Haven this morning, maybe an hour or so?

Anyway it slaps. It's super pretty, has some pretty darn good writing for the opening hour of a game, the voice acting is exceptional and is for some very natural-feeling dialogue.

Music is fantastic so far, too, but I expected that.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    trying to figure out which mods still work for Total Warhammer with each DLC release is a fucking nightmare

I haven't even gotten to which mods are good! I just want to know if they're relevant!!

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    trying to figure out which mods still work for Total Warhammer with each DLC release is a fucking nightmare

I haven't even gotten to which mods are good! I just want to know if they're relevant!!

I just browse the steam workshop and look at the most subscribed and highest rated ones

You can be pretty confident that those are updated and kept relevant

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I dunno about that, if it's anything like the europa universais 4 workshop, the most subscribed and popular mods are really good ones that haven't been updated in 3 years, because all the people who don't play anymore are still subscribed to them

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
  • Options

When an occult German WW2 division releases an ancient curse upon the world, a supernatural problem is going to require a supernatural solution. Take control of two playable heroes as they embark on a comedic, alternate-history adventure with a truly original story (99.9999% guaranteed).

20201204 Nine Witches (adventure, point and click, horror, humor, WWII)

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    I tried some Graveyard Keeper this morning. I like the idea it leans in but I found out pretty fast that there's a sort of unofficial "right" way to do things at the start of the game; if you don't, you'll have a slow crawl fixing it for yourself. Luckily a viewer pointed it out to me and I had an idea and got myself back on track. I like how the game puts raw materials through stages before they become finished products, but I don't like how small inventory space is and how much time it takes to get to each section of the game world. I want to like the game though.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Henroid wrote: »
    I tried some Graveyard Keeper this morning. I like the idea it leans in but I found out pretty fast that there's a sort of unofficial "right" way to do things at the start of the game; if you don't, you'll have a slow crawl fixing it for yourself. Luckily a viewer pointed it out to me and I had an idea and got myself back on track. I like how the game puts raw materials through stages before they become finished products, but I don't like how small inventory space is and how much time it takes to get to each section of the game world. I want to like the game though.

there isn't really an official way to do anything, just a fast one; you can focus on any tree and there's something in the game world to compensate for what you lack in. inventory space gets unlocked later in the game as well.

there's only really three areas "locked" at the beginning and one opens after a set time and the swamp is very reachable early on. the dungeon is a pain tho, i agree on that

Magic Pink on
  • Options
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »

"Who are these people who keep taking Setup?! And Doppleganger?!"

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Experience city-building as never before — Overcome near-impossible odds to terraform Mars, cultivate the red-planet’s hidden resources, and unravel the past mysteries of those who’ve attempted the unbelievable feat. Humanity's future rests on your shoulders.
    20201203 Per Aspera (strategy, city builder, colony sim, simulation, management)

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    One has to wonder if you're "protecting Mars" from someone that, you know, already lives there.

On a semi related note, some day I will get my Moonbase Commander remake and die happy.

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Some games for your weekend, while the thread is slow. I'm backed up on giving away my spare/unwanted Humble Choice stuff. This is from August.

VAMPYR
    ACTION, RPG
    Loading...?

• Options
    HELLO NEIGHBOR + HELLO NEIGHBOR HIDE AND SEEK COLLECTION
    INDIE, ADVENTURE, INDIE, STRATEGY

Loading...?

• Options
    LITTLE BIG WORKSHOP
    STRATEGY, SIMULATION
    Loading...?

• Options
    AUTOMACHEF
    INDIE, SIMULATION
    Loading...?

• Options
    THROUGH THE DARKEST OF TIMES
    INDIE, STRATEGY, ADVENTURE, SIMULATION
    Loading...?

• Options
    THE COMA 2: VICIOUS SISTERS
    ACTION, INDIE, ADVENTURE
    Loading...?

• Options
    WE WERE HERE TOGETHER
    INDIE, ADVENTURE
    This one is mandatory Co-op. Not sure if you need a second copy to play.
    Loading...?

• Options
    A CASE OF DISTRUST
    INDIE, ADVENTURE
    Loading...?

• Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    GOG is giving away The Witcher: Enhanced Edition to those who log into their GOG account using GOG Galaxy and claim their copy there:
    https://www.gogalaxy.com/en/

• Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    damn captaink, good stuff. thank you

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Graveyard Keeper was okay I guess but I got to a point where my technology was bottlenecked by the purple currency and it seemed like the purple shit trickles in once a week so I stopped knowing how to give a fuck and did away with Graveyard Keeper

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    A Case of Distrust a fantastic little indie mystery, I really hope that team does more cool things

This discussion has been closed.