As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

We live in interesting [Quarantimes]

• SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    David_T wrote: »
    Sometimes I wonder what goes on when they record VO for new tech. Like the Bluetooth connection bit you get with earphones.

"No connection."

"Alright, that was good, but could we get one with, like, slight disappointment? Like you've just discovered you've run out of jam."

Yes, I have started on daily walks, why do you ask?

"That was good, but can you sex it up a bit?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTkSZXQM2as

The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I've now been trained on how to administer covid tests.

By administer, this means I will lay out the supplies then step to a safe distance and verbally direct the person how to do the test for themselves. This is possible because of our spiffy saliva pcr tests, which are actually more accurate than the nasal ones.

There is no risk to me in doing this.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I may have changed my mind about sanding the bow, but I am changing my arrow set up to something a little lighter

I did sell some components already!

• DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    edited January 2021
    do you have a quiver (which I think never actually saw wide use?) or a belt quiver, or do you Longbowman it and stick a bunch of arrows into the dirt in front of you and hold some in your off-hand?

Depressperado on
  • DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    either way, make one very special arrow. custom shaft, extra dope tip, colored fletching.

when people ask about it be like "the man who gave it to me said I would know when the time came."

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I think I've reached the point in my life where I would like to get into archery

I'm not about to, mind you, because I live in a city and while there are some options there, they're not cheap and not terribly accessible without a car

But reading posts about archery has me thinking about my youth, when I didn't particularly care for it, but had a yard that I definitely could have set up a target in

And that sounds nice right now

This may be extremely quarantine brained though, I only go outside properly like two days a week

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    I may have changed my mind about sanding the bow

you can make it up to us by finally shooting an arrow at your fiancée with a ring on it which is literally the best idea this forum has ever created

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    I think I've reached the point in my life where I would like to get into archery

I'm not about to, mind you, because I live in a city and while there are some options there, they're not cheap and not terribly accessible without a car

But reading posts about archery has me thinking about my youth, when I didn't particularly care for it, but had a yard that I definitely could have set up a target in

This may be extremely quarantine brained though, I only go outside properly like two days a week

Yea i need to get back into it. It is a great hobby, crazy community though, at least in the US.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • expendableexpendable Silly Goose Registered User regular
    webguy20 wrote: »
    Straightzi wrote: »

Yea i need to get back into it. It is a great hobby, crazy community though, at least in the US.

If I'm not teaching or coaching at a camp I tend to prefer my archery with nobody around, and failing that, prefer shooting at places where the culture is very much "You leave me alone and I'll leave you alone."

I shoot to shut off portions of my brain, and that includes the "being social" parts.

Djiem wrote: »
    Lokiamis wrote: »
    So the servers suddenly decide to cramp up during the last six percent.
    Man, the Director will really go out of his way to be a dick to L4D players.
    Steam
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    So I've been on Adderall for like... 3 months now? Maybe two - who knows what time is anymore. Anyway, I started at the 10mg instant release, went up to 15, and now I'm at 20 on the extended release stuff, which feels like the sweet spot for me.

It's been an interesting experience. I definitely feel more focused when I want to be, but interestingly I still tend to sometimes put stuff off for later? I suppose that's not an ADHD symptom but just how I, personally, am. What it DOES help with though, and this is the main thing, is focusing.

Since I work from home right now, I play a fair bit of video games. I still get my work done (I always have), but previously I would basically just do VERY small bits of work and put more off for later. So, if I had to schedule six meetings, I'd schedule one, then wait an hour, schedule another, etc. Now that I'm on proper ADHD medication, I can kind of... see how much easier it would be to just do all those scheduling tasks at once? It's been nice to check off a bunch of things at once, basically.

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    On the Adderall, do you have to give up weed? Or are they fine together?

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Nope, I haven't had to. It's not a thing that you need to have your body get used to like an antidepressant, and the extended release lasts around... 8 - 10 hours for me? I haven't really timed it, but that's generally how it works for people. I usually have weed in the evenings, and by that time the Adderall is pretty much out of my system.

Generally I try not to mix stimulants and depressants, though obviously everyone will react differently to stuff. I think I have had weed while adderall was still working on me, and it was... largely fine, but generally not something I'd want to do.

What I definitely avoid nowadays is having a full cup of coffee and then having Adderall. That makes me edgy as hell.

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Oh yeah oof that sounds like Too Much, Man.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    It will never not be fascinating to me that the best way to treat ADHD and similar issues is with high power stimulants.

You'd think that would just make the focusing issue worse but it somehow doesn't???

Brains are so weird and cool!

Yeah, on one of the first days I was on Adderall I drank a whole 20oz cup of iced coffee and I was kind of a mess for a good while after that.

Since then I tapered back to one cup a day, and lately I've been just drinking half-caf, if I drink it caffeinated at all.

• JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Sometimes I wonder what goes on when they record VO for new tech. Like the Bluetooth connection bit you get with earphones.

"No connection."

"Alright, that was good, but could we get one with, like, slight disappointment? Like you've just discovered you've run out of jam."

https://youtu.be/0bYY8m1Lb2I

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Wooo my folks are on the list for the vaccine for this month. Super excited for them. Especially since my dad lives with us most of the time. :P

webguy20 on
    Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
    edited January 2021
    Speaking of, we got an email at work today saying we've been deemed "critical" workers since we're in the transportation industry and as such they're gonna be discussing the roll out of vaccines for us.

Que at least two people saying they're not getting it because "it's just the flu and I never get the flu shot"

I started in on em but managed to maintain some civility until I was able to extricate myself from the breakroom.

Ya'll selfish motherfuckers can die but you best stay the fuck away from me while you do it.

Juggernut on
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    So teachers were in the 1b group then people added 65 year olds to the group, jumping ahead of teachers and now the state says we might not start getting vaccines till April. We are having 100% of students back in February.

Like. What.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• pookapooka Registered User regular
    I was just on the phone with Immigration NZ and started welling up when asked to describe my situation and why I might want to renew a visa. Did not expect to have those feels out of nowhere! (Tho really, duh.) The nice lady on the phone was already helpful, but I suspect she heard it in my voice. She seemed pretty thorough in looking at my file/options.

...and then my brother-in-law asked how it went, I relayed what I found out, and then he offered that while it was awkward as fuck at times and sometimes like having two too-similar wives, I could stay as long as I want, and I just straight up started dripping tears. I'm still not sure about that dude, but he's at least trying to be supportive, and I know he's got some of the same feels about traveling to the States in the near future sans vaccine.

lfchwLd.jpg
  • pookapooka Registered User regular
    So teachers were in the 1b group then people added 65 year olds to the group, jumping ahead of teachers and now the state says we might not start getting vaccines till April. We are having 100% of students back in February.

Like. What.
    I'm sorry, that sounds really frustrating!
    I know the olds are at higher risk of dying and should ideally be minimizing contact with others, and it would then seem more sensible to prioritize the people who are def going to have a greater chance of exposure by pure numbers. It's trying to balance the odds of survival and risk, and it's just ... not great for soothing stress.

If it helps, NZ has handled the pandemic reasonably well, and this is their plan for rolling out the vaccine in three different scenarios:
    https://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/diseases-and-conditions/covid-19-novel-coronavirus/covid-19-response-planning/covid-19-vaccine-planning#rollout
    shorthand is:
    49c66nc1insf.png

So, let's assume NZ is being sensible -- with widespread community transmission, they're still prioritizing the most vulnerable, not the most likely exposed. Cold comfort, but at least it's not some entirely batshit policy?

Hugs, though. Hugs.

lfchwLd.jpg
    Juggernut wrote: »

"No connection."

https://youtu.be/0bYY8m1Lb2I

I just now realised, 8 years later, that Clem Fandango is in the new Star Trek

The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
    Can they hear him there?

Juggernut wrote: »
    Can they hear him there?

In space no-one can hear you, Clem Fandango

do you have a quiver (which I think never actually saw wide use?) or a belt quiver, or do you Longbowman it and stick a bunch of arrows into the dirt in front of you and hold some in your off-hand?

I mounted a quiver to my longbow, but I also have a belt quiver. I sometimes jam the arrows with target points into the ground, but I probably won't do that so often now that I have a belt quiver

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Sticking your arrows in the dirt seems like a good way to get dirt all over your arrows

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • SilmarilSilmaril Mr Ha Ha Hapless. Registered User regular
    Maybe the dirt deserved it.

fuck you dirt.

t9migZb.jpg
    You be nice to dirt while you can youll miss it when it's gone

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »

The name of our Goddamn planet is dirt, that shit is going nowhere.

Like hell I will.
    It knows what it did. It deserves everything coming to it.

t9migZb.jpg
  • GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    Sticking your arrows in the dirt seems like a good way to get dirt all over your arrows

It's one of the top 5 ways of getting dirt into your enemies!

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    What if my enemy is the ground?

Then the arrow is already there.

Blake T wrote: »
    What if my enemy is the ground?

Then the arrow is already there.

Exactly!!

t9migZb.jpg
    Grislo wrote: »

It's one of the top 5 ways of getting dirt into your enemies!

Yeah it was a thing in war times, get skewered and get a bonus infection

War is terrible

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    When I die I want to be lowered into the sea, don’t allow the dirt to touch me.

Apparently Vivienne looked into being someone at sea, and came back and told me, “It’s a lot of paperwork”

Blake T wrote: »
    When I die I want to be lowered into the sea, don’t allow the dirt to touch me.

Apparently Vivienne looked into being someone at sea, and came back and told me, “It’s a lot of paperwork”

Sail far enough out and who's going to know?

Unless you wash up on a beach somewhere I guess. But wouldn't that just be exciting!

t9migZb.jpg
    Im surprised people had such a practical understanding of dirt+wound=bad back in the day Id expect more like thats a nasty wound here have a dog poop poultice

Cool, I sold some broadheads on PayPal, and PayPal decided to put my payment on hold until one day after delivery to customer is confirmed.

What the hell

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Im surprised people had such a practical understanding of dirt+wound=bad back in the day Id expect more like thats a nasty wound here have a dog poop poultice

I remember reading something about people putting poop on blades. But I seem to recall at one point people thought disease was caused by bad smells so maybe they did it because poop is stinky?

if you're making a punji stick trap, you put poop on the pointy end!

This discussion has been closed.