As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[bad food] rides eternal

3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheeseRegistered User regular
120 pages last time, let's go for 130!

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Wonder bread, mayo, American cheese.

Dry instant noodles covered in soup powder.

Chocodiles.

90s Mexican cereal sensation Buñuelitos.

The bad food thread’s dead, long live the bad food thread, my dudes.

sarukun on
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    the bad food thread is dead!
    long live the bad food thread!

BahamutZERO.gif
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I ate a domino's pizza tonight

I feel like crap

• jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    I ate a domino's pizza tonight

I feel like crap

I'm debating between Domino's and Little Caesar's for dinner tonight. This post has me leaning LC but I'm going to have heartburn either way.

In other news it's going to drop into the 60s during the day and low 50s overnight this weekend so I think it's time to make a big ol' pot of chili, gonna get that going maybe on Thursday and just enjoy it all weekend. Trying to decide if I want to go beans or no beans for this batch.

• Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    CHOCODILES

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    I have killed that which is immortal!

It is I, THREADKILLER!

In more bad food news, I had twin burgers + tater tots from a restaurant for lun... supper? The meal today. Also, candy.

Children's rights are human rights.
  • VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    More like

Good food

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    I made meatballs this evening.

Though they came out a little wet and when I fried them in the skillet they ended up more like meat trapezoids.

• DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    How to Cook the Ultimate Teriyaki Burger with George Motz | Burger Scholar Sessions (7 mins)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeHu2x4JXSo

• knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Oh sure, you guys will post in THIS thread

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Ugh, I'm basically out of food. But I don't wanna go to the store.

Maybe time to break out some of that canned emergency food...

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Orca wrote: »
    Ugh, I'm basically out of food. But I don't wanna go to the store.

Maybe time to break out some of that canned emergency food...

Gotta rotate that stock!

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »

Other thread wasn't dead yet!

• chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »

There was an other other thread!

• OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    chromdom wrote: »

It was ahead of its time.

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    I craved hamburger yesterday, so I went to Spangles, our local franchise, and got the western burger. It's just a cheeseburger with bbq sauce and onion rings on it.
    The onion rings they normally cut really wide. Like an inch wide. It causes structural problems in the burger.
    Last night I bit into mine, and a bunch of powder fell out. This was, disconcerting to say the least.
    I inspected my burger, and it turned out, that this ridiculously thick onion ring had created a cavity that had trapped the dry batter in it. I probably dumped over a tablespoon of flour and bread crumbs out of my burger.

steam_sig.png
  • chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Orca wrote: »
    chromdom wrote: »

It was ahead of its time.

It's a fair cop

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    the other thread posted before the lock, it is illegitimate

BahamutZERO.gif
  • knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    You were 8 pages over the line at the time

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2020

Tell it to the lock gods! This ain’t yo daddy’s D&D!

tynic on
    tynic wrote: »

Tell it to the lock gods! This ain’t yo daddy’s D&D!

As The Harbinger of the Lock Gods, I ask that you not disparage the name of one of their Other Lands.

• Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    the lock was extremely overdue.
    there was a point when I was seriously tempted to make a post solely to report myself, to get the mods' attention.

Commander Zoom on
    I watched the latest GBBO and a) most of their brownie ideas sucked but also b) I wanna make brownies now,

I probably even have the ingredients.
    This is dangerous.

Tynic, Picnic Badass, Source of the Infinite Brownies

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    apparently the GBBO did something wrong about Babka?

it's all that 's been popping up on my Jewish food facebook group thing. Outrage over the babka.

edited October 2020
    apparently the GBBO did something wrong about Babka?

it's all that 's been popping up on my Jewish food facebook group thing. Outrage over the babka.

Most of them weren’t very good, but that’s par for the course for a technical challenge

Edit: oh I just googled, it’s cause pru said the one she had in NY was bad
    I mean there’s great babka in New York but there’s also some pretty average stuff, I don’t see that her stumbling on a bad one is worth getting up in arms about.

tynic on
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    It should be illegal for a city of more than one million people to not have a Jewish deli.

Just shouldn’t be allowed.

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Much like a horrible eight-year-old basement Twinkie, the old thread had to be preserved until it could be shipped off to a mycology lab where the strange fungi infesting it could be studied.

Speaking of which, spoiled for horrible eight-year-old basement Twinkies.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I visited my parents this past weekend. I had a moment of weakness and ate some instant noodles ramen.

They were delicious.

I'm going to eat some this week too, I'm going to dress then up with a poached egg, cheese, maybe some pickled peppers.

Looking forward to it.

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    It should be illegal for a city of more than one million people to not have a Jewish deli.

Strong agree

It makes me sad I can't eat bagels much anymore because they're just a neutron star of carbs

I visited my parents this past weekend. I had a moment of weakness and ate some instant noodles ramen.

They were delicious.

I'm going to eat some this week too, I'm going to dress then up with a poached egg, cheese, maybe some pickled peppers.

Looking forward to it.

can't/won't touch instant ramen anymore. not since the summer in college when I had to live on one packet a day.

• PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I'm going to make a babka tomorrow because of that GBBO episode but I need a ruling from Those Who Know: streusal on a babka, yay or nay? I'm getting mixed messages from the greater Internet.

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »

Strong agree

It makes me sad I can't eat bagels much anymore because they're just a neutron star of carbs

We have a seriously good Jewish deli here but the portions/prices are ridiculous, so you gotta be ready to pay like 20+ bucks for a sandwich that takes 3 days to finish.

edited October 2020
    rhylith wrote: »

Strong agree

We have a seriously good Jewish deli here but the portions/prices are ridiculous, so you gotta be ready to pay like 20+ bucks for a sandwich that takes 3 days to finish.

There used to be a Mexican place here like that. (There are probably others, still, but I don't know them.)
    I went there about once a year, and every time I had a little bit of sticker shock. And then I'd order what I thought was a reasonable amount, and receive a giant takeaway box full of meat and carbs that even I thought was "a bit much."

Commander Zoom on
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »

Strong agree

A sandwich that takes three days to eat and costs $20 is a steal in my book

• DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    I put cheese on my instant ramen and I've been told I'm a crazy person that should be convicted of war crimes because of it. Can you all confirm that it is the children who are wrong?

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
    If I’ve learned anything about japan it’s that a) cheese will turn up when you least expect it and b) ramen is one of the foods you’re allowed to do whatever the fuck you like with
    so in short you’re probably a war criminal but who isn’t

This discussion has been closed.